Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on restriction fragment length polymorphism in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Topic: restriction fragment length polymorphism
- Guan F, Yang L, An J, Liu S, Shi G. [Development of a rapid mismatch PCR method using tetra-primer ARMS for detection of BMPR-IB gene mutation in sheep]. Yi Chuan. 2005;27:579-83 pubmed..The detection efficiency of sheep BMPR-IB genotyping was greatly improved by use of this method. ..
- Shen C, Guo Z, Wu M, Hu X, Yang G, Yu R, et al. Association study between hypertension and A/G polymorphism at codon 637 of the transporter associated with antigen processing 1 gene. Hypertens Res. 2007;30:683-90 pubmed..138-8.153) after adjustment for the covariates of age, serum total cholesterol, triglycerides, body mass index (BMI) and smoking. But there were no significant differences in the frequency of the genotype for the dominant model (AA vs...
- Chen L, Lou Q, Zhuang Y, Chen J, Zhang X, Wolukau J. Cytological diploidization and rapid genome changes of the newly synthesized allotetraploids Cucumis x hytivus. Planta. 2007;225:603-14 pubmed..Moreover, the results suggest that the sequence elimination was not caused by cytoplasmic factors, and might relate to genomic recombination and to the numbers of parental chromosome...
- Wang L, Chen W, Wang J, Tan Y, Zhou Y, Ding W, et al. Reduced folate carrier gene G80A polymorphism is associated with an increased risk of gastroesophageal cancers in a Chinese population. Eur J Cancer. 2006;42:3206-11 pubmed..Further large and functional studies are needed to confirm our findings. ..
- Xu Z, Qian L, Hua L, Wang X, Yang J, Zhang W, et al. [Relationship between DNA repair gene XRCC1 Arg399Gln polymorphism and susceptibility to prostate cancer in the Han population in Jiangsu and Anhui]. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2007;13:327-31 pubmed..XRCC1 Arg399Gln polymorphism might contribute to the susceptibility to PCa. The Arg/Gln and Gln/Gln genotypes might increase the risk of PCa and have synergistic effect with smoking. ..
- Shen H, Wang X, Hu Z, Zhang Z, Xu Y, Hu X, et al. Polymorphisms of DNA repair gene XRCC3 Thr241Met and risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese population. Cancer Lett. 2004;206:51-8 pubmed..Further studies with a larger number of subjects and simultaneous measurement of different polymorphisms in DNA repair genes in the same pathway are needed to confirm these findings. ..
- Hu X, Guo Z, Shen C, Wu M, Yu R, Yao C. [Study on the association between polymorphism of TAP1 637 A/G alleles polymorphism and metabolic syndrome]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2007;28:286-9 pubmed..To explore the effect of the transporter 1 associated with antigen processing (TAP1) gene 637 A/G polymorphism on the risk of metabolic syndrome(MS)...
- Qiu X, Tang N, Yeung H, Cheng J, Qiu Y. Lack of association between the promoter polymorphism of the MTNR1A gene and adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008;33:2204-7 pubmed publisher..Promoter polymorphism of the MTNR1A gene was not associated with the occurrence or curve severity of AIS. The MTNR1A gene may not be involved in the etiopathogenesis of AIS. ..
- She X, Wang X, Fu M, Shen Y, Liu W. Genotype comparisons of strains of Candida albicans from patients with cutaneous candidiasis and vaginal candidiasis. Chin Med J (Engl). 2008;121:1450-5 pubmed..The aim of this study was to investigate whether there are significant associations between strain genotypes and body sites of infection and to determine the potential pathogenesis of cutaneous candidiasis at multiple locations...
- Xu W, Fan H, He X, Zhang J, Xie W. LOI of IGF2 is associated with esophageal cancer and linked to methylation status of IGF2 DMR. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2006;25:543-7 pubmed..IGF2 LOI may be one of the factors that lead to overexpression of IGF2 and may be at least partly due to aberrant methylation of IGF2 DMR in esophageal cancer. ..
- Li X, Wu Q, Zeng X. Nontuberculous mycobacterial cutaneous infection confirmed by biochemical tests, polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis and sequencing of hsp65 gene. Br J Dermatol. 2003;149:642-6 pubmed..gordonae by sequencing of the hsp65 gene. This result suggests that the isolated strain may be either a slow-growing scotochromogenic Mycobacterium most resembling M. gordonae or a novel mycobacterial species. ..
- Wang J, Zhou L, Cheng J, Shen M. [Study on the relationship between sulfonylurea receptor 1 gene polymorphism and type 2 diabetes mellitus]. Yi Chuan. 2004;26:8-12 pubmed..7%, 57.1% and 51.9% respectively. The frequency of c is lower than Han population in northern China. The results show that SUR1 exon16-3c/t polymorphism is not associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus in the population...
- Gao J, Ma H, Zhou Y, Hu Z, Zhai X, Wang X, et al. The association of polymorphisms of CDT1 and GMNN gene with the risk of breast cancer in Chinese women: a case-control analysis. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2006;23:544-7 pubmed..20-4.09). These findings suggest that the CDT1 838G/A and GMNN 387C/A polymorphisms may not play a major role in the etiology of breast cancer, but CDT1 variant may have a potential role only in genetically susceptible women. ..
- Li X, Xu H, Mao D, Ma D, Chen P, Yang L. [Association between the canine monoamine oxidase B (MAOB) gene polymorphisms and behavior of puppies in open-field test]. Yi Chuan. 2006;28:1376-82 pubmed..01 or P < 0.05). Our results imply that MAOB gene significantly affects the excitability, activity and exploration behavior of puppies in open-field test and TT genotype has favorable effects in these behavior traits. ..
- Wu J, Qiu Y, Zhang L, Sun Q, Qiu X, He Y. Association of estrogen receptor gene polymorphisms with susceptibility to adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006;31:1131-6 pubmed..001 and P < 0.001, respectively). The XbaI site polymorphism of estrogen receptor gene may be associated with a risk of AIS. ..
- Qin L, Zhou L, Wu X, Cheng J, Wang J, Du Y, et al. Genetic variants in protein kinase C zeta gene and type 2 diabetes risk: a case-control study of a Chinese Han population. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2008;24:480-5 pubmed publisher..The PRKCZ gene variants associated with the development of T2DM in this study must be investigated in a larger population to reveal any potential effects on metabolism. ..
- Cheng Y, Mao S, Pei C, Liu J, Zhu W. [Detection and diversity analysis of rumen methanogens in the co-cultures with anaerobic fungi]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2006;46:879-83 pubmed..NT7. In conclusion, diverse yet unidentified rumen methanogen species exist in the co-cultures with anaerobic fungi isolated from the goat rumen...
- Yao C, Huang X, Li C, Shen H, Shi M, Feng J, et al. Lack of influence of XRCC1 and XPD gene polymorphisms on outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non small cell lung cancers. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2009;10:859-64 pubmed..09). Our results suggested no influence of the XRCC1 codon399 (Arg/Gln) and XPD codon751 (Lys/Gln) genetic polymorphisms on treatment response and survival in advanced NSCLC patients with platinum-based chemotherapy. ..
- Wang L, Ke Q, Chen W, Wang J, Tan Y, Zhou Y, et al. Polymorphisms of MTHFD, plasma homocysteine levels, and risk of gastric cancer in a high-risk Chinese population. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2526-32 pubmed
- Gu H, Yang L, Tang N, Zhou B, Zhu H, Sun Q, et al. Association of endothelin-converting enzyme-1b C-338A polymorphism with gastric cancer risk: a case-control study. Eur J Cancer. 2008;44:1253-8 pubmed..91, 95% CI 1.18-3.09), women (adjusted OR=2.30, 95% CI 1.11-4.79) and non-smokers (adjusted OR=1.79, 95% CI 1.19-2.67). Our results suggest that the ECE-1b C-338A polymorphism may be associated with increased risk of gastric cancer. ..
- Yang J, Qian L, Wu H, Xu Z, Sui Y, Wang X, et al. Genetic polymorphisms in the cytochrome P450 1A1 and 2E1 genes, smoking, drinking and prostate cancer susceptibility: a case-control study in a Han nationality population in Southern China. Int J Urol. 2006;13:773-80 pubmed..85; 95% CI, 1.04-3.28). Individuals carrying the CYP1A1 Val allele or the CYP2E1 C1/C1 genotype with a smoking or drinking habit were at increased risk of PCa, which also showed a positive correlation with exposure dose of tobacco. ..
- Pan Y, Wang L, Ma J, Zhang W, Wang M, Zhong W, et al. PAX9 polymorphisms and susceptibility to sporadic tooth agenesis: a case-control study in southeast China. Eur J Oral Sci. 2008;116:98-103 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the four PAX9 polymorphisms alone have a non-significant main effect on the risk of tooth agenesis but that the AGGC haplotype may have a protective effect associated with a decreased risk of tooth agenesis. ..
- Gu H, Yang L, Sun Q, Zhou B, Tang N, Cong R, et al. Gly82Ser polymorphism of the receptor for advanced glycation end products is associated with an increased risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese population. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:3627-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the RAGE Gly82Ser polymorphism may confer not only an increased risk of gastric cancer but also with invasion of gastric cancer in the Chinese population. ..
- Guan F, Liu S, Shi G, Ai J, Mao D, Yang L. Polymorphism of FecB gene in nine sheep breeds or strains and its effects on litter size, lamb growth and development. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2006;33:117-24 pubmed..05). In addition to the additive effect on litter size, these findings showed for the first time that the FecB gene had a positive effect on early postnatal body growth. ..
- Ding H, Wang F, Ding X, Song X, Lu X, Zhang K, et al. Association study of semaphorin 5A with risk of Parkinson's disease in a Chinese Han population. Brain Res. 2008;1245:126-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that haplotypes of SEMA5A may be involved in PD risk in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Zhang Y, Ke X, Shen W, Liu Y. Relationship of homocysteine and gene polymorphisms of its related metabolic enzymes with Alzheimer's disease. Chin Med Sci J. 2005;20:247-51 pubmed..The elevated plasma Hcy level in AD patients is probably involved in the pathogenesis of AD, which may be due to the environmental factor rather than genetic factors of the mutations of MTHFR and CBS. ..
- Jin G, Miao R, Hu Z, Xu L, Huang X, Chen Y, et al. Putative functional polymorphisms of MMP9 predict survival of NSCLC in a Chinese population. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2172-8 pubmed publisher..60 (95% confidence interval 1.07-2.41). The MMP9 Arg279Gln and Arg668Gln SNPs are potential predictors of survival in NSCLC patients. ..
- Wang C, Li P, Ding J, Jin G, Yuan C. Identification of Fritillaria pallidiflora using diagnostic PCR and PCR-RFLP based on nuclear ribosomal DNA internal transcribed spacer sequences. Planta Med. 2005;71:384-6 pubmed..pallidiflora. PCR-RFLP analysis was established to differentiate F. pallidiflora from the other species of Fritillaria. These methods provide effective and accurate identification of F. pallidiflora...