Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on proportional hazards models in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Topic: proportional hazards models
- Yang R, Sheng Y, Cao K, Kong X, Xu D, Yong Y, et al. Transcatheter closure of perimembranous ventricular septal defect in children: safety and efficiency with symmetric and asymmetric occluders. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2011;77:84-90 pubmed publisher..The remaining four cases had not recovered at the end of the study. Transcatheter closure of PMVSD using both AVSDO and SVSDO was safe and effective. Development of HB was the main complication for both devices. ..
- Chen S, Zhang J, Ye F, Chen Y, Patel T, Kawajiri K, et al. Study comparing the double kissing (DK) crush with classical crush for the treatment of coronary bifurcation lesions: the DKCRUSH-1 Bifurcation Study with drug-eluting stents. Eur J Clin Invest. 2008;38:361-71 pubmed publisher..5% in the DK crush group (P = 0.002). DK crush technique has the potential of increasing FKBI rate and reducing stent thrombosis, with a further reduction of TLR and cumulative MACE rate at 8 months. ..
- Kang G, Guo L, Guo Z, Hu X, Wu M, Zhou Z, et al. Impact of blood pressure and other components of the metabolic syndrome on the development of cardiovascular disease. Circ J. 2010;74:456-61 pubmed..05). In Chinese, among the components of MetS BP was an independent risk factor for CVD. No significant interaction was found between BP and the other MetS components. ..
- Han L, Gao Q, Yang J, Wu Q, Zhu B, Zhang H, et al. Survival Analysis of Coal Workers' Pneumoconiosis (CWP) Patients in a State-Owned Mine in the East of China from 1963 to 2014. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..The data indicated that prevention and treatment of CWP complication is important to improve patients' survival rates. ..
- Wang Y, Gao W, Xu J, Zhu Y, Liu L. The long noncoding RNA urothelial carcinoma-associated 1 overexpression as a poor prognostic biomarker in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698377 pubmed publisher..92, p = 0.000) in clear cell renal cell carcinoma; it might be a potential detrimental gene considered as a predictive biomarker involved in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Qin C, Cao Q, Ju X, Wang M, Meng X, Zhu J, et al. The polymorphisms in the VHL and HIF1A genes are associated with the prognosis but not the development of renal cell carcinoma. Ann Oncol. 2012;23:981-9 pubmed publisher..036) together with clinical stage and tumor grade. The VHL and HIF1A polymorphisms may not influence RCC susceptibility but may jointly influence RCC progression and survival. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhu H, Zhang X, Gu D, Zhou X, Wang M, et al. Clinical significance of MYT1L gene polymorphisms in Chinese patients with gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71979 pubmed publisher..Further validation in other larger studies with different ethnic populations and functional evaluations are needed. ..
- Zhang X, Zhu Q, Yang J, Chen Y, Li Y, Zhu S, et al. Percutaneous intervention versus coronary artery bypass graft surgery in left main coronary artery stenosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Med. 2017;15:84 pubmed publisher..39; 95% CI, 0.85-2.27) associated with PCI. Compared with CABG, PCI with newer-generation DES might be a safe alternative revascularization strategy for treatment of left main CAD, but is associated with more repeat revascularization. ..
- Ma P, Xu T, Huang M, Shu Y. Increased expression of LncRNA PANDAR predicts a poor prognosis in gastric cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;78:172-176 pubmed publisher..Importantly, high expression of PANDAR could serve as an independent unfavorable prognostic role in gastric cancer. In conclusion, PANDAR may be a potential novel biomarker that predicts prognosis in gastric cancer. ..
- Wang J, Liu Q, Zhou X, He Y, Guo Q, Shi Q, et al. Thymidine kinase 1 expression in ovarian serous adenocarcinoma is superior to Ki-67: A new prognostic biomarker. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317706479 pubmed publisher..Thus, when TK1 is combined with MDACC grading, pTNM staging and lymph node metastasis, IHC determination of TK1 expression may improve the overall prediction of prognosis in patients with ovarian cancer. ..
- Zhang L, Huang Q, Fan X, Wu H, Yang J, Feng A. Clinicopathological significance of SIRT1 and p300/CBP expression in gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) cancer and the correlation with E-cadherin and MLH1. Pathol Res Pract. 2013;209:611-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicated a possible effect of SIRT1 and p300/CBP involved in regulating the expression of E-cadherin and MLH1, thus participating in the tumor progression of GEJ cancer. ..
- Zhang Y, Shi J, Yu H, Feng A, Fan X, Lauwers G, et al. Factors predicting survival in patients with proximal gastric carcinoma involving the esophagus. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:3602-9 pubmed publisher..To investigate the clinicopathologic features which predict surgical overall survival in patients with proximal gastric carcinoma involving the esophagus (PGCE)...
- Wu Y, Liu H, Ding M, Liu J, Zhan P, Fu X, et al. The impact of E-cadherin expression on non-small cell lung cancer survival: a meta-analysis. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:9621-8 pubmed publisher..Decreased E-cadherin expression was associated with poor survival in patients with NSCLC, especially among Asians, but was not significantly correlated with survival for stage I NSCLC patients. ..
- Xu J, Hu L, Huang M, Zhao W, Yin Y, Hu Z, et al. Genetic variants of NBS1 predict clinical outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer in Chinese. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:851-6 pubmed..CT/TT: Adjusted HR = 25.62, 95% CI: 1.53-428.39). Our findings suggest that NBS1 polymorphisms may be genetic biomarkers for NSCLC prognosis especially PFS with platinum-based chemotherapy in the Chinese population. ..
- Luo D, Gao Y, Wang S, Wang M, Wu D, Wang W, et al. Genetic variation in PLCE1 is associated with gastric cancer survival in a Chinese population. J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:1260-6 pubmed publisher..63, 95% CI = 0.48-0.83). Our findings showed that the PLCE1 SNP rs2274223 was associated with significantly improved gastric cancer survival in a Chinese population. Further functional studies are needed to validate our results. ..
- Liu K, Qian T, Tang L, Wang J, Yang H, Ren J. Decreased expression of microRNA let-7i and its association with chemotherapeutic response in human gastric cancer. World J Surg Oncol. 2012;10:225 pubmed publisher..245, P = 0.037). These findings indicate that let-7i may be a good candidate for use a therapeutic target and a potential tissue marker for the prediction of chemotherapeutic sensitivity and prognosis in LAGC patients. ..
- Zhi H, Wang L, Ma G, Ye X, Yu X, Zhu Y, et al. Polymorphisms of miRNAs genes are associated with the risk and prognosis of coronary artery disease. Clin Res Cardiol. 2012;101:289-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings strongly implicate the functional miRNAs polymorphisms of hsa-mir-196a2 and hsa-mir-499 genes may modulate the occurrence or prognosis in Chinese CAD. ..
- Zhao Y, Dupre M, Qiu L, Gu D. Changes in perceived uselessness and risks for mortality: evidence from a National sample of older adults in China. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:561 pubmed publisher..Persistently high and moderate levels of perceived uselessness are associated with significant increases in mortality risk. These findings have important implications for promoting successful aging in China. ..
- Xu B, Mi Y, Min Z, Cheng G, Tong N, Tao J, et al. p53 codon 72 increased biochemical recurrence risk after radical prostatectomy in a southern Chinese population. Urol Int. 2010;85:401-5 pubmed publisher..No statistical difference was observed in MDM2 polymorphisms and prostate cancer prognosis. Our data revealed that p53 codon 72 GG genotype carriers more frequently show biochemical recurrence than CG+CC genotypes carriers. ..
- Wu Y, Zhou C, Hu C, Feng J, Lu S, Huang Y, et al. Afatinib versus cisplatin plus gemcitabine for first-line treatment of Asian patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer harbouring EGFR mutations (LUX-Lung 6): an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:213-22 pubmed publisher..Afatinib should be considered as a first-line treatment option for this patient population. Boehringer Ingelheim. ..
- Guo W, Wu Z, Qiu Y, Chen G, Zheng X. The timing of sexual debut among Chinese youth. Int Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2012;38:196-204 pubmed publisher..This study provides insight into the basic patterns and social and demographic correlates of sexual debut among Chinese youth. ..
- Wang S, Wu X, Zhang J, Chen Y, Xu J, Xia X, et al. CHIP functions as a novel suppressor of tumour angiogenesis with prognostic significance in human gastric cancer. Gut. 2013;62:496-508 pubmed publisher..Decreased CHIP expression in GC resulted in increased angiogenesis and contributed to GC progression and poor prognosis. CHIP expression is a GC candidate clinical prognostic marker and a putative treatment target. ..