Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on prognosis in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Yin H, Lu C, Tang Y, Wang H, Wang H, Wang J. Enhanced expression of EphrinB1 is associated with lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in breast cancer. Cancer Biomark. 2013;13:261-7 pubmed publisher..015). Our analysis demonstrates that EphrinB1 expression is related to the metastasis of breast cancer and its enhanced expression confers a poor prognosis, suggesting that EphrinB1 may be a relevant therapeutic target in breast cancers. ..
- Chen H, Zhang F, Yang B, Shehata M, Ju W, Yang G, et al. A novel method to identify the origin of ventricular tachycardia from the left fascicular system. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13:686-94 pubmed publisher..Successful ablation can be performed during NSR for patients with LFTAs inducible at baseline but noninducible during mapping. ..
- Liu Y, Zhou Q, He X, Song L, Chen L, Jiao W, et al. Genetic variants in ERBB4 is associated with chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4981-92 pubmed publisher..ERBB4 plays protective role from liver injury and its 3'UTR genetic variants could be genetic markers for chronic HBV infection. ..
- Qiu Rao -, Bing Guan -, Zhou X. Xp11.2 Translocation renal cell carcinomas have a poorer prognosis than non-Xp11.2 translocation carcinomas in children and young adults: a meta-analysis. Int J Surg Pathol. 2010;18:458-64 pubmed publisher..23-15.52] for stage). This result was also confirmed by OS and DFS curves (P = .005 and P = .001). Xp11.2 translocation carcinomas appear to have a poorer prognosis than non-Xp11.2 translocation carcinomas in children and young adults. ..
- Dong H, Fan L, Wang D, Fang C, Zhu D, Wang Y, et al. [Expression of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 7B in patients with mantle cell lymphoma and its prognostic significance]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2011;19:94-9 pubmed..The pde7b may be used as a novel prognostic indicator in MCL, and has important clinical significance. ..
- Luo L, Zhang T, Liu H, Lv T, Yuan D, Yao Y, et al. MiR-101 and Mcl-1 in non-small-cell lung cancer: expression profile and clinical significance. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1681-6 pubmed publisher..MiR-101 and Mcl-1 may play important roles as biomarkers for prognosis and therapeutic targets in NSCLC. ..
- Chen G, Shen Z, Wang L, Lv C, Huang X, Zhou R. Hsa-miR-181a-5p expression and effects on cell proliferation in gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:3871-5 pubmed..05). Enforced expression of miR-181a -5p promoted cell proliferation ability. This study suggested that increased miR-181a-5p is related to GC progression. MiR-181a-5p may represent a potential therapeutic target for GC. ..
- Zhang W, Luo J, Yang F, Wang Y, Yin Y, Strom A, et al. BRCA1 inhibits AR-mediated proliferation of breast cancer cells through the activation of SIRT1. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22034 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that BRCA1 attenuates AR-stimulated proliferation of breast cancer cells via SIRT1 mediated pathway. ..
- Sun J, Ling B, Xu X, Ma R, Li G, Cao X, et al. Decreased Expression of Tumor-suppressor Gene LKB1 Correlates with Poor Prognosis in Human Gastric Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:869-75 pubmed..Patients with gastric cancer with decreased expression of LKB1 have a poor prognosis with a lower survival rate. ..
- Zhou L, Lv T, Zhang Q, Zhu Q, Zhan P, Zhu S, et al. The biology, function and clinical implications of exosomes in lung cancer. Cancer Lett. 2017;407:84-92 pubmed publisher..In addition, we also discuss current challenges that might impede the clinical use of exosomes. Further studies on the functional roles of exosomes in lung cancer requires thorough research. ..
- Jia B, Yan X, Chen Y, Wang G, Liu Y, Xu B, et al. A scoring model for predicting prognosis of patients with severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005909 pubmed publisher..This model may aid the physicians to immediately initiate prompt treatment to block the rapid development of the illness and reduce the fatality of SFTS patients...
- Shi Y, Wu H, Zhang M, Ding L, Meng F, Fan X. Expression of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition-related proteins and their clinical significance in lung adenocarcinoma. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:89 pubmed publisher..The information generated will be valuable for the prognosis of patients with lung adenocarcinoma. The virtual slides for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/1007838329872974. ..
- Tang Q, Liu Y, Zhu X, Li Y, Zhu J, Zhang J, et al. Expression and prognostic significance of the alpha B-crystallin gene in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2009;40:300-5 pubmed publisher..It may also be involved in the malignant transformation of hepatocytes. ..
- Sun G, Huang X, Hu Q, Yang X, Tang E. The diagnosis and treatment of dentinogenic ghost cell tumor. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009;38:1179-83 pubmed publisher..Intraosseous DGCT should be treated by resection with an adequate safety margin, of at least 0.5 cm, as recommended for ameloblastoma. Patients with a DGCT should remain in long-term follow-up. ..
- Dong J, Dai J, Shu Y, Pan S, Xu L, Chen W, et al. Polymorphisms in EGFR and VEGF contribute to non-small-cell lung cancer survival in a Chinese population. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1080-6 pubmed publisher..56, 95% CI = 0.39-0.83). Stepwise COX regression analyses suggested that EGFR rs373506, rs759165 and rs6958497 may be independent candidate biomarkers to predict NSCLC survival in this population. ..
- Zhang C, Li G, Fan C, Xu J, Cao J, Liu S, et al. Comparison of efficacy of different route of administration of chemotherapy on unresectable, advanced gastric cancer. World J Surg Oncol. 2012;10:162 pubmed publisher..This combination of arterial and venous administration could be useful for improving the efficacy of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer. ..
- Chen X, Zha X, Chen W, Zhu T, Qiu J, Røe O, et al. Leptin attenuates the anti-estrogen effect of tamoxifen in breast cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:22-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, leptin may contribute to tamoxifen resistance and consequently, leptin suppression could be a novel way of circumventing resistance to anti-estrogen treatment. ..
- Ye Y, Li X, Yang J, Miao S, Wang S, Chen Y, et al. MDM2 is a useful prognostic biomarker for resectable gastric cancer. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:590-8 pubmed publisher..The combination of MDM2 expression and JWA could serve as a more effective candidate prognostic biomarker for gastric cancer. ..
- Wang F, Chen F, Yin H, Xu N, Wu X, Ma J, et al. Effects of age, breast density and volume on breast cancer diagnosis: a retrospective comparison of sensitivity of mammography and ultrasonography in China's rural areas. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:2277-82 pubmed..One of the major challenges in China is to determine an optimal imaging modality for breast cancer screening. This study was designed to clarify the sensitivity of ultrasonography compared with that of mammography in rural China...
- Li H, Zhou X, Zhu J, Cheng W, Zhu W, Shu Y, et al. MiR-4728-3p could act as a marker of HER2 status. Cancer Biomark. 2015;15:807-14 pubmed publisher..MiR-4728-3p had better ability in distinguishing patients with different status of HER2 than miR-4728-5p. And plasma miR-4728-3p might act as a non-invasive biomarker in predicting HER2 status. ..
- Gao W, Song L, Yang J, Song N, Wu X, Song N, et al. Risk factors and negative consequences of patient's delay for penile carcinoma. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:124 pubmed publisher..Minimizing patient's delay is the key to avoid amputation and retain superior sexual potency. Improving patient education on initial symptoms of PC is necessary in men of >40 years old. ..
- Cheng M, Shen Z, Hu G, Luo L. Prognostic Significance of microRNA-7 and its Roles in the Regulation of Cisplatin Resistance in Lung Adenocarcinoma. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:660-672 pubmed publisher..Our finding for the first time demonstrates that low miR-7 expression may be an independent poor prognostic factor and targeting miR-7 may be a potential strategy for the reversal of CDDP resistance in LA. ..
- Gao X, Ge Y, Shu Q, Ma H. Expression of Fra-1 in human hepatocellular carcinoma and its prognostic significance. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317709635 pubmed publisher..Fra-1 may be involved in the progress of hepatocellular carcinoma and could be a promising molecular candidate in the diagnosis and treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Jiang Y, Li J, Wu Y, Yang H, Shen Y, Chen L, et al. [Detection of circulating and bone marrow myeloma cells in patients with multiple myeloma and its clinical significance]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2006;14:908-12 pubmed..It is concluded that the percentages of CMC and MMC not only imply tumor load in MM patients, but also predict the progression of MM, respectively for patients with MM, in those patients CMC and MMC were simultaneously detected. ..
- Jin G, Miao R, Hu Z, Xu L, Huang X, Chen Y, et al. Putative functional polymorphisms of MMP9 predict survival of NSCLC in a Chinese population. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2172-8 pubmed publisher..60 (95% confidence interval 1.07-2.41). The MMP9 Arg279Gln and Arg668Gln SNPs are potential predictors of survival in NSCLC patients. ..
- Zhan P, Wang J, Lv X, Wang Q, Qiu L, Lin X, et al. Prognostic value of vascular endothelial growth factor expression in patients with lung cancer: a systematic review with meta-analysis. J Thorac Oncol. 2009;4:1094-103 pubmed publisher..VEGF overexpression indicates a poor prognosis for patients with NSCLC and SCLC; VEGFC and VEGFR3/flt-1 overexpression was not significantly correlated with survival for patients with NSCLC. ..
- Wang H, Guan B, Shi Q, Ma H, Zhou H, Wang X, et al. May metaplastic breast carcinomas be actually basal-like carcinoma? Further evidence study with its ultrastructure and survival analysis. Med Oncol. 2011;28:42-50 pubmed publisher..Survival of MBCs may be associated with age and lymph node involvement. However, given the limitations of our research accumulated cases, prospective clinicopathologic studies are needed to further elucidate MBCs. ..
- Li F, Liu Q, Han Y, Wu B, Yin H. Sperm protein 17 is highly expressed in endometrial and cervical cancers. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:429 pubmed publisher..Although the expression frequency of Sp17 is not correlated with the histological subtype, the staining pattern may help to define endometrial and cervical cancers. Sp17 targeted immunotherapy of tumors needs more accurate validation. ..
- Wang J, Huang W, Hu C, Guan X, Zhou H, Chen L. Relationship between RGS5 expression and differentiation and angiogenesis of gastric carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:5642-6 pubmed..05). RGS5 expression level in gastric carcinoma is associated with the differentiation and MVD of the tumor, and may be used as an important parameter for determining the prognosis of gastric carcinoma patients. ..
- Guan B, Wang H, Cao S, Rao Q, Wang Y, Zhu Y, et al. Lipid-rich carcinoma of the breast clinicopathologic analysis of 17 cases. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011;15:225-32 pubmed publisher..The HER-2 expression, however, might play an important role in predicting the prognosis of lipid-rich carcinoma of the breast. ..
- Liu Q, Lin J, Shi Q, Wu B, Ma H, Sun G. Primary peritoneal serous papillary carcinoma: a clinical and pathological study. Pathol Oncol Res. 2011;17:713-9 pubmed publisher..Cytoreductive surgery combined with pre/postoperative platinum-based chemotherapy may be effective for PPSPC patients. ..
- Feng B, Wang R, Song H, Chen L. MicroRNA-200b reverses chemoresistance of docetaxel-resistant human lung adenocarcinoma cells by targeting E2F3. Cancer. 2012;118:3365-76 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that down-regulation of miR-200b could lead to E2F3 overexpression and in turn contribute to chemoresistance of lung adenocarcinoma cells to docetaxel. ..
- Lv T, Yuan D, Miao X, Lv Y, Zhan P, Shen X, et al. Over-expression of LSD1 promotes proliferation, migration and invasion in non-small cell lung cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35065 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LSD1 is a tumor-promoting factor with promising therapeutic potential for NSCLC. ..
- Chen D, Tang Z, Luo C, Chen H, Liu Z. Clinical and pathological spectrums of aristolochic acid nephropathy. Clin Nephrol. 2012;78:54-60 pubmed..Proximal renal tubular dysfunction and structure destroying would be the main positive findings in laboratory tests and renal biopsy. Urine RBP and hypokalemia might determine the outcome of acute AAN patients. ..
- Xie F, Wang X, Ding Z, Fan P, Fan L, Chen Z, et al. Serum surfactant protein D is associated with the prognosis in patients with chronic kidney disease. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2013;14:461-5 pubmed publisher..396, 95% CI: 1.058-2.718, P = 0.028) were associated with 1-year MACEs (all P < 0.05). SP-D levels are associated with 1-year prognosis in patients with CKD. ..
- Xie H, Wu Q, Zhu B, Chen F, Ji L, Li S, et al. Long noncoding RNA SPRY4-IT1 is upregulated in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and associated with poor prognosis. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:7743-54 pubmed publisher..SPRY4-IT1 is a novel molecule involved in ESCC progression, which may provide a potential prognostic biomarker and a potential target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Wang J, Zhou M, Xu J, Yang Y, Zhang Q, Zhou R, et al. MYC and BCL-2 adjusted-International Prognostic Index (A-IPI) is a better predictor of outcome than the standard IPI for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOP. Histol Histopathol. 2016;31:285-92 pubmed publisher..3%) than did the IPI (4 year OS: 48.0%). In the era of R-CHOP treatment, MYC and BCL-2 adjusted-IPI is more powerful than the IPI for helping guide treatment planning and interpretation of clinical trials. ..
- Xu P, Liu X, Ouyang J, Chen B. TP53 mutation predicts the poor prognosis of non-Hodgkin lymphomas: Evidence from a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174809 pubmed publisher..The group with a mutated TP53 was significantly associated with poor prognosis in patients with NHL. This parameter is a valuable basis for accurate individual therapeutic regimens. ..
- Shen S, Gao R, Bei Y, Li J, Zhang H, Zhou Y, et al. Serum Irisin Predicts Mortality Risk in Acute Heart Failure Patients. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:615-622 pubmed publisher..001). Collectively, our study identified serum irisin as a predictive biomarker for 1-year all-cause mortality in AHF patients though large multicenter studies are highly needed. ..
- Wang J, Dong Y, Sheng Z, Ma H, Li G, Wang X, et al. Loss of expression of EphB1 protein in gastric carcinoma associated with invasion and metastasis. Oncology. 2007;73:238-45 pubmed publisher..8% (26/58), respectively. In addition, we showed that underexpression of EphB1 protein is significantly associated with invasion, stage and metastasis in gastric carcinomas. EphB1 may have a tumor-suppressive role in gastric cancer. ..
- Gao W, Shen H, Liu L, Xu J, Xu J, Shu Y. MiR-21 overexpression in human primary squamous cell lung carcinoma is associated with poor patient prognosis. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011;137:557-66 pubmed publisher..High miR-21 expression is associated with shortened survival time, indicating that miR-21 may serve as a molecular diagnostic and prognostic marker for patients with squamous cell lung carcinoma. ..
- Zhu J, Yu L, Zhan P, Song Y, Wang Q. The relationships between cyclin D1 expression and prognosis of non-small cell lung cancer. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2010;13:803-8 pubmed publisher..188; P=0.008) was a significant prognostic factor for patients with stage I NSCLCs. cyclin D1 expression is an independent prognosis factor for postoperative patient in stage I, II NSCLCs. ..
- Shi Z, Zhao C, Wu H, Wang W, Liu X. CLIC1 protein: a candidate prognostic biomarker for malignant-transformed hydatidiform moles. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2011;21:153-60 pubmed publisher..01). Our findings suggest that CLIC1 could be a potential new prognostic biomarker for hydatidiform mole that undergoes malignant transformation. ..
- Lv Y, Yuan D, Wang K, Miao X, Qian Q, Wei S, et al. Diagnostic performance of integrated positron emission tomography/computed tomography for mediastinal lymph node staging in non-small cell lung cancer: a bivariate systematic review and meta-analysis. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:1350-8 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, current evidence suggests that we should not depend on the results of PET/CT completely for MLN staging in patients with NSCLC. ..
- Zhang T, Zhao C, Chen D, Zhou Z. Overexpression of AQP5 in cervical cancer: correlation with clinicopathological features and prognosis. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1998-2004 pubmed publisher..Its evaluation with Ki-67 may provide reliable prognostic information on cervical cancer. ..
- Wang S, Tian Y, Wu D, Zhu H, Luo D, Gong W, et al. Genetic variation of CTNNB1 gene is associated with susceptibility and prognosis of gastric cancer in a Chinese population. Mutagenesis. 2012;27:623-30 pubmed publisher..007 for NCGC and 0.417 for CGC). Our results indicated that the genetic variants of CTNNB1 could be used as predictors of gastric cancer susceptibility and prognosis. ..
- Liu K, Qian T, Tang L, Wang J, Yang H, Ren J. Decreased expression of microRNA let-7i and its association with chemotherapeutic response in human gastric cancer. World J Surg Oncol. 2012;10:225 pubmed publisher..245, P = 0.037). These findings indicate that let-7i may be a good candidate for use a therapeutic target and a potential tissue marker for the prediction of chemotherapeutic sensitivity and prognosis in LAGC patients. ..
- Jiang Y, Chen J, Wu J, Hu Z, Qin Z, Liu X, et al. Evaluation of genetic variants in microRNA biosynthesis genes and risk of breast cancer in Chinese women. Int J Cancer. 2013;133:2216-24 pubmed publisher..31 × 10(-7) , 9.29 × 10(-7) for miR-106b and miR-579, respectively). Our findings suggested that DGCR8 rs417309 G > A might affect breast cancer risk through the interruption of miRNA binding. ..
- Chen Y, Huang Y, Huang Y, Chen J, Wang S, Zhou J. The prognostic value of SOX2 expression in non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71140 pubmed publisher..65, 95% CI: 0.47-0.89, Pâ€Š=â€Š0.007, random-effect). SOX2 expression in tumor is a candidate positive prognostic biomarker for NSCLC patients. ..
- Liu D, Sun W, Scalzo F, Xiong Y, Zhang X, Qiu Z, et al. Early Magnetic Resonance Imaging Predicts Early Neurological Deterioration in Acute Middle Cerebral Artery Minor Stroke. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:469-74 pubmed publisher..50; 95% confidence interval, 1.09-5.74; P = .031). Early MRI patterns of IBZ infarction are associated with END in minor stroke patients with acute infarcts of the MCA territory. ..
- Li C, Yang J, Lu M, Lee C, Peng C, Hsu W, et al. ATR-Chk1 signaling inhibition as a therapeutic strategy to enhance cisplatin chemosensitivity in urothelial bladder cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1947-59 pubmed publisher..Our findings collectively suggest that ATR-Chk1 is a target for improving the efficacy of cisplatin in bladder cancer. ..
- Wang L, Jiang C, Li D, Ge X, Shi Z, Li C, et al. MicroRNA-497 inhibits tumor growth and increases chemosensitivity to 5-fluorouracil treatment by targeting KSR1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:2660-71 pubmed publisher..Lower miR-497 levels may be a potential biomarker for CRC advanced stages and treatment response. ..
- Li L, Huang X. Thalidomide Combined with Chemotherapy in Treating Patients with Advanced lung Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:2583-5 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that thalidomide combined with chemotherapy is mildly effective and safe for treating patients with advanced lung cancer. However, further evaluation of this combination is warranted. ..
- Zhang Y, Yuan D, Yao Y, Sun W, Shi Y, Su X. Predictive and prognostic value of serum periostin in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients receiving chemotherapy. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698367 pubmed publisher..Baseline periostin and periostin responses appeared to be reliable surrogate markers to predict chemotherapy response and survival in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Liu Y, Wang Y, Xu Q, Zhou X, Qin Z, Chen C, et al. Prognostic evaluation of microRNA-210 in various carcinomas: Evidence from 19 studies. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8113 pubmed publisher..We performed this meta-analysis to provide a comprehensive evaluation of the role of MicroRNA-210 (miR-210) expression on the overall survival (OS) rate of cancers...
- Luo J, Wang Z, Huang J, Yao Y, Sun Q, Wang J, et al. HOXC13 promotes proliferation of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma via repressing transcription of CASP3. Cancer Sci. 2018;109:317-329 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that HOXC13, which is directly targeted by miR-503, promotes proliferation and inhibits apoptosis of ESCC through repressing transcription of CASP3. ..
- Li Y, Swensen S, Karabekmez L, Marks R, Stoddard S, Jiang R, et al. Effect of emphysema on lung cancer risk in smokers: a computed tomography-based assessment. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011;4:43-50 pubmed publisher..These results imply that an accurate evaluation of emphysema could help reliably identify individuals at greater risk of lung cancer among smokers. ..
- Wang Y, Han X, Qiu Y, Xiong J, Yu Y, Wang B, et al. Increased expression of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor is correlated with tumor metastasis and prognosis in patients with osteosarcoma. J Surg Oncol. 2012;105:235-43 pubmed publisher..IGF-1R is an independent prognostic marker for osteosarcoma patients and increased expression of this molecular is correlated with metastasis of osteosarcoma. ..
- Jin Z, Wu M, Han R, Zhang X, Wang X, Liu A, et al. Raw garlic consumption as a protective factor for lung cancer, a population-based case-control study in a Chinese population. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2013;6:711-8 pubmed publisher..Effective components in garlic in lung cancer chemoprevention warrant further in-depth investigation. ..
- Liu H, Fan Q, Zhang Z, Li X, Yu H, Meng F. Basal-HER2 phenotype shows poorer survival than basal-like phenotype in hormone receptor-negative invasive breast cancers. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:167-74 pubmed..This small group of tumors showed significantly poorer 5-year overall survival than basal-like breast tumors and might require different treatment strategy. ..
- Ding L, Sun X, You Y, Liu N, Fu Z. Expression of focal adhesion kinase and phosphorylated focal adhesion kinase in human gliomas is associated with unfavorable overall survival. Transl Res. 2010;156:45-52 pubmed publisher..A combined detection of FAK/phospho-FAK coexpression may benefit us in the prediction of the prognosis of human glioma. ..
- Lv J, Cao X, Ji L, Zhu B, Wang D, Tao L, et al. Association of ?-catenin, Wnt1, Smad4, Hoxa9, and Bmi-1 with the prognosis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Med Oncol. 2012;29:151-60 pubmed publisher..The expression level of Smad4 and Hoxa9 mRNA was also associated with the prognosis of the patients with ESCC, pathological stage, and lymph node metastasis; however, they might not be the independent prognostic factor. ..
- Feng A, Zhang L, Fan X, Huang Q, Ye Q, Wu H, et al. Expression of SIRT1 in gastric cardiac cancer and its clinicopathologic significance. Int J Surg Pathol. 2011;19:743-50 pubmed publisher..SIRT1 might be a biological parameter to evaluate malignant degree and prognosis of gastric cardiac carcinoma. ..
- Zou P, Xu H, Chen P, Yan Q, Zhao L, Zhao P, et al. IDH1/IDH2 mutations define the prognosis and molecular profiles of patients with gliomas: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68782 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that IDH mutations, which are closely linked to the genomic profile of gliomas, are potential prognostic biomarkers for gliomas. ..
- Wang S, Tao G, Wu D, Zhu H, Gao Y, Tan Y, et al. A functional polymorphism in MIR196A2 is associated with risk and prognosis of gastric cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2013;52 Suppl 1:E87-95 pubmed publisher..57, 95% CI = 0.40-0.83 for NCGC and 1.00, 0.65-1.53 for CGC). Our results suggested that the genetic variation of MIR196A2 may play a role in gastric cancer tumorigenesis. ..
- Tang X, Fan Z, Wang Y, Ji G, Wang M, Lin J, et al. Expression of klotho and β-catenin in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma, and their clinicopathological and prognostic significance. Dis Esophagus. 2016;29:207-14 pubmed publisher..3% and specificity of 81.2% (P < 0.000). Our present study demonstrated for the first time that klotho might be a novel biomarker candidate for predicting progression and prognosis in patients with ESCC. ..
- Pan W, Yang Y, Zhu H, Zhang Y, Zhou R, Sun X. KRAS mutation is a weak, but valid predictor for poor prognosis and treatment outcomes in NSCLC: A meta-analysis of 41 studies. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8373-88 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, KRAS mutation is a weak, but valid predictor for poor prognosis and treatment outcomes in NSCLC. There's a need for developing target therapies for KRAS mutant lung cancer and other tumors. ..
- Cong Z, Wu H, Guo Z, Qin T, Xu Y, Jing H, et al. High expression of C-X-C chemokine receptor 4 and Notch1 is predictive of lymphovascular invasion and poor prognosis in lung adenocarcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317708698 pubmed publisher..In lung adenocarcinoma patients with high C-X-C chemokine receptor 4 and Notch1 expression, simultaneous inhibition of both factors might be an effective treatment strategy. ..
- Xu W, Wang Y, Fan L, Fang C, Zhu D, Wang D, et al. Prognostic significance of serum immunoglobulin paraprotein in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leuk Res. 2011;35:1060-5 pubmed publisher..040) were the variables strongly associated with OS by multivariate Cox regression analysis. It was showed that serum Ig paraprotein might be applied for the assessment of prognosis in patients with CLL. ..
- Wang M, Chu H, Yan F, Qin C, Li P, Yuan L, et al. Chromosome 4p16.3 variant modify bladder cancer risk in a Chinese population. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:872-5 pubmed publisher..785). Our results suggest that rs798766 on 4p16.3 may contribute to bladder cancer susceptibility in a Chinese population and explains an additional 3.65% of population attributable risk for bladder cancer. ..
- Wang X, Sun Q, Chen C, Yin R, Huang X, Wang X, et al. ZYG11A serves as an oncogene in non-small cell lung cancer and influences CCNE1 expression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8029-42 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that ZYG11A may serve as a novel oncogene promoting tumorigenicity of NSCLC cells by inducing cell cycle alterations and increasing CCNE1 expression. ..
- Liu C, Chen J, Wang X. Requirements for transfusion and postoperative outcomes in orthotopic liver transplantation: a meta-analysis on aprotinin. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:1425-9 pubmed..Aprotinin can reduce the intraoperative requirement for blood products in OLT, and has no significant effect on the incidence of laparotomy for bleeding, thrombotic events and mortality. ..
- Shan X, Wang D, Chen J, Xiao X, Jiang Y, Wang Y, et al. Necrosis degree displayed in computed tomography images correlated with hypoxia and angiogenesis in breast cancer. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2013;37:22-8 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to investigate the correlation between the degree of necrosis displayed in computed tomography (CT) image and the expression of hypoxic and angiogenesis biomarkers of breast cancer...
- Qian X, Ma X, Zhou H, Yu C, Zhang Y, Yang X, et al. Expression and prognostic value of E-cadherin in laryngeal cancer. Acta Otolaryngol. 2016;136:722-8 pubmed publisher..Tumor growth was significantly inhibited in the Ad-ECD group. Except the tumor tissue, no positive ECD expression or significant tumor cells were found in the brain, liver, and lung tissues. ..
- Jin Song Y, Zhao Xia W, Cheng Yu L, Xiao Di L, Ming S, Yuan Yuan G, et al. Prognostic significance of Bcl-xL gene expression in human colorectal cancer. Acta Histochem. 2011;113:810-4 pubmed publisher..032). Taken together, immunohistochemical assessment of status of Bcl-xL protein may offer a valuable approach for predicting survival after curative surgery for colorectal cancer. ..
- Wang X, Xu H, Wu Z, Chen X, Wang J. Decreased expression of EphA5 is associated with Fuhrman nuclear grade and pathological tumour stage in ccRCC. Int J Exp Pathol. 2017;98:34-39 pubmed publisher..107, rs = 0.184). Fuhrman grade and pT stage are the most important factors used in prognosis of ccRCC. Hence this study may provide a new and useful prognostic marker in the clinical practice of ccRCC. ..
- Wang Y, Gao W, Xu J, Zhu Y, Liu L. The long noncoding RNA urothelial carcinoma-associated 1 overexpression as a poor prognostic biomarker in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698377 pubmed publisher..92, p = 0.000) in clear cell renal cell carcinoma; it might be a potential detrimental gene considered as a predictive biomarker involved in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Liu Y, Chen L, Qiu Y, Xiao Y, Cai H. Clinical features of secondary pulmonary alveolar proteinosis associated with myelodysplastic syndrome: Two case reports. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8481 pubmed publisher..Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP) is a rare lung disorder characterized by the abnormal accumulation of alveolar surfactant protein in alveolar spaces. Secondary PAP can result from myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)...
- Li C, Chen L, Gao X, Qu X, Shen W, Yang R, et al. Plasma cell labeling index correlates with deletion of 13q14 in multiple myeloma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:260-4 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PCLI is a powerful and independent prognostic parameter in newly diagnosed MM, and correlates with del(13q14). ..
- Zheng T, Chunlei L, Zhen W, Ping L, Haitao Z, Weixin H, et al. Clinical-pathological features and prognosis of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in patients with lupus nephritis. Am J Med Sci. 2009;338:343-7 pubmed publisher..The patients with LN with TTP have severe clinical-pathological changes. Active treatment including renal replacement therapy, plasma exchange, and immunoabsorption are promising. ..
- Lv M, Mou Y, Wang P, Chen Y, Wang T, Hou Y. Diagnostic and predictive role of cell-free midkine in malignant pleural effusions. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2013;139:543-9 pubmed publisher..72, P < 0.01). Measurement of cell-free MK mRNA levels in effusion supernatant yields a high diagnostic accuracy and a potential predictive value. ..
- Xie K, Ma H, Liang C, Wang C, Qin N, Shen W, et al. A functional variant in miR-155 regulation region contributes to lung cancer risk and survival. Oncotarget. 2015;6:42781-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that rs767649 A > T might contribute to the increased risk and poor prognosis of NSCLC, highlighting the importance of rs767649 in the prevention and therapy of NSCLC. ..
- Qingyi Z, Lin Y, Junhong W, Jian S, Weizhou H, Long M, et al. Unfavorable prognostic value of human PEDF decreased in high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia: a differential proteomics approach. Cancer Invest. 2009;27:794-801 pubmed publisher..High-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (HGPIN) is the most likely precursor of prostate cancer, but the frequency and timing of epigenetic changes found in prostate carcinogenesis has not been extensively documented...
- Miao Y, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Chen L, Wang F. GABARAP is overexpressed in colorectal carcinoma and correlates with shortened patient survival. Hepatogastroenterology. 2010;57:257-61 pubmed..Our data demonstrated that GABARAP is frequently expressed in colorectal cancer. Overexpression of GABARAP is a new independent prognostic marker, which is associated with poor differentiation as well as shortened overall survival. ..
- Lou Qian Z, Rong Y, Ming L, Xin Y, Feng J, Lin X. The prognostic value of epigenetic silencing of p16 gene in NSCLC patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54970 pubmed publisher..Large well-designed prospective studies are now needed to confirm the clinical utility of p16 methylation as an independent prognostic marker. ..
- Sun C, Ma P, Wang Y, Liu W, Chen Q, Pan Y, et al. KLF15 Inhibits Cell Proliferation in Gastric Cancer Cells via Up-Regulating CDKN1A/p21 and CDKN1C/p57 Expression. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:1518-1526 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that KLF15 plays a significant role in GC progression and could be a therapeutic target for GC. ..
- Lu C, Dong J, Ma H, Jin G, Hu Z, Peng Y, et al. CCND1 G870A polymorphism contributes to breast cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009;116:571-5 pubmed publisher..Additional well-designed large studies were required for the validation of this association in different populations. ..