Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplasm staging in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Topic: neoplasm staging
- Dai H, Xu L, Xia C, Chen W. [A randomized clinical study of Gefitinib and pemetrexed as second line therapy for advanced non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2013;16:405-10 pubmed publisher..13%?????n=8, 34.78%??????????????????n=8, 34.78%?????n=4, 17.39%????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????p<0.05???? ??????????????????nsclc??????????????????????????????????????? ..
- Dai X, Ge J, Wang X, Qian X, Zhang C, Li X. OCT4 regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition and its knockdown inhibits colorectal cancer cell migration and invasion. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:155-60 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that OCT4 may contribute to CRC cell metastasis through EMT and serves as a promising biomarker for identifying CRC patients at high risk for liver metastases. ..
- Zhang X, Su A, Hu M, Zhang X, Xu Y. Elevated serum ferritin levels in patients with hematologic malignancies. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:6099-101 pubmed
- Lu K, Li W, Liu X, Sun M, Zhang M, Wu W, et al. Long non-coding RNA MEG3 inhibits NSCLC cells proliferation and induces apoptosis by affecting p53 expression. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:461 pubmed publisher..Thus, MEG3 may represent a new marker of poor prognosis and is a potential therapeutic target for NSCLC intervention. ..
- Liu X, Pan M, Lu Z, Wu B, Rao Q, Zhou Z, et al. Expression of Wnt-5a and its clinicopathological significance in hepatocellular carcinoma. Dig Liver Dis. 2008;40:560-7 pubmed publisher..However, Wnt-5a protein expression is frequently lost in hepatocellular carcinoma; this supports the notion that this protein has a tumour suppressor function in hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Cong Z, Wu H, Guo Z, Qin T, Xu Y, Jing H, et al. High expression of C-X-C chemokine receptor 4 and Notch1 is predictive of lymphovascular invasion and poor prognosis in lung adenocarcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317708698 pubmed publisher..In lung adenocarcinoma patients with high C-X-C chemokine receptor 4 and Notch1 expression, simultaneous inhibition of both factors might be an effective treatment strategy. ..
- Pan H, Xia K, Zhou W, Xue J, Liang X, Cheng L, et al. Low serum creatine kinase levels in breast cancer patients: a case-control study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62112 pubmed publisher..Serum CK level, which may reflect the status of host immunity, may be an important factor in determining breast cancer development and progression. ..
- Wang S, Tao G, Wu D, Zhu H, Gao Y, Tan Y, et al. A functional polymorphism in MIR196A2 is associated with risk and prognosis of gastric cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2013;52 Suppl 1:E87-95 pubmed publisher..57, 95% CI = 0.40-0.83 for NCGC and 1.00, 0.65-1.53 for CGC). Our results suggested that the genetic variation of MIR196A2 may play a role in gastric cancer tumorigenesis. ..
- Lu J, Tao H, Zhang Y, Zha W, Qian P, Li F, et al. Extent of prophylactic postoperative radiotherapy after radical surgery of thoracic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Dis Esophagus. 2008;21:502-7 pubmed publisher..Similarly, S may be unnecessarily irradiated in the lower and middle lower thirds. ..
- Li C, Liang G, Yao W, Sui J, Shen X, Zhang Y, et al. Differential expression profiles of long non-coding RNAs reveal potential biomarkers for identification of human gastric cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:1529-40 pubmed publisher..The differential expression profiles of lncRNAs in GC may be promising biomarkers for the early detection and early screening of highâ€‘risk populations. ..
- Tang Q, Liu Y, Zhu X, Li Y, Zhu J, Zhang J, et al. Expression and prognostic significance of the alpha B-crystallin gene in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2009;40:300-5 pubmed publisher..It may also be involved in the malignant transformation of hepatocytes. ..
- Zhang Y, Yuan D, Yao Y, Sun W, Shi Y, Su X. Predictive and prognostic value of serum periostin in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients receiving chemotherapy. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698367 pubmed publisher..Baseline periostin and periostin responses appeared to be reliable surrogate markers to predict chemotherapy response and survival in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Chen L, Zheng W, Wu Y, Li L, Qian S, Xu W, et al. [Expression of CLLU1 in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia and its prognostic significance]. Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2007;28:737-40 pubmed..05), and between chromosomal aberrations (P > 0. 05). CLLU1 expression was significantly associated with clinical stage and CD38 expression, and might be an important prognostic factor in CLL patients. ..
- Liu X, Liu Z, Sun M, Liu J, Wang Z, De W. The long non-coding RNA HOTAIR indicates a poor prognosis and promotes metastasis in non-small cell lung cancer. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:464 pubmed publisher..Thus, HOTAIR may represent a new marker of poor prognosis and is a potential therapeutic target for NSCLC intervention. ..
- Wang T, Qian X, Wang Z, Wang L, Yu L, Ding Y, et al. Detection of cell-free BIRC5 mRNA in effusions and its potential diagnostic value for differentiating malignant and benign effusions. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1921-5 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that effusions with higher levels of cell-free BIRC5 mRNA are more likely to be malignant. Determination of BIRC5 and CEA in effusions could enhance diagnostic value in the diagnosis of malignant effusions. ..
- Wang W, Tao Z, Gu W, Sun L. Clinical observations on the association between diagnosis of lung cancer and serum tumor markers in combination. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:4369-71 pubmed..Combination detection of CEA, CA19-9, NSE and CYFRA21-1 could significantly improve the sensitivity and specificity in diagnosis of lung cancer, and could be important in early detection. ..
- Li Y, Krowka M, Qi Y, Katzmann J, Song Y, Li Y, et al. Alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency carriers, serum alpha 1-antitrypsin concentration, and non-small cell lung cancer survival. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:291-5 pubmed publisher..44; 95% CI: 1.21-1.71). Being an ??ATD carrier had no significant effect on NSCLC survival. The increased serum ??AT concentration was a poor prognosis marker for NSCLC, regardless of carrier status. ..
- Miao Y, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Chen L, Wang F. GABARAP is overexpressed in colorectal carcinoma and correlates with shortened patient survival. Hepatogastroenterology. 2010;57:257-61 pubmed..Our data demonstrated that GABARAP is frequently expressed in colorectal cancer. Overexpression of GABARAP is a new independent prognostic marker, which is associated with poor differentiation as well as shortened overall survival. ..
- Peng W, Feng J. Long noncoding RNA LUNAR1 associates with cell proliferation and predicts a poor prognosis in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;77:65-71 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate that LUNAR1 may serve as a candidate prognostic biomarker through growth regulation in DLBCL. ..
- Huang H, Wei X, Su X, Qiao F, Xu Z, Gu D, et al. Clinical significance of expression of Hint1 and potential epigenetic mechanism in gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2011;38:1557-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that Hint1 expression was lower in GC tissues and some etiological factors, such as H. pylori/EB infection or promoter hypermethylation may play a role in gastric tumorigenesis. ..
- Wang P, Liu B, Xia Y, Pan C, Ma T, Chen Y. Long non-coding RNA-Low Expression in Tumor inhibits the invasion and metastasis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by regulating p53 expression. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:3074-82 pubmed publisher..These results establish that lncRNA-LET is significant in the regulation of tumor progression and metastasis, and serves as a tumor suppressor in, and therefore has therapeutic potential for, the treatment of human ESCC. ..
- Gao X, Zhang R, Qu X, Zhao M, Zhang S, Wu H, et al. MiR-15a, miR-16-1 and miR-17-92 cluster expression are linked to poor prognosis in multiple myeloma. Leuk Res. 2012;36:1505-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the expression of specific miRNAs may be contributing to MM prognosis...
- Zhou C, Huang Y, Wang D, An C, Zhou F, Li Y, et al. A Randomized Multicenter Phase III Study of Single Administration of Mecapegfilgrastim (HHPG-19K), a Pegfilgrastim Biosimilar, for Prophylaxis of Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia in Patients With Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC). Clin Lung Cancer. 2016;17:119-27 pubmed publisher..Mecapegfilgrastim (fixed 6-mg dose) is recommended in clinical practice for its convenient dose management. ..
- Luo F, Sun B, Li H, Xu Y, Liu Y, Liu X, et al. A MALAT1/HIF-2Î± feedback loop contributes to arsenite carcinogenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:5769-87 pubmed publisher..Our results not only confirm a novel mechanism involving reciprocal regulation between MALAT1 and HIF-2Î±, but also expand the understanding of the carcinogenic potential of arsenite. ..
- Zhao S, Chen S, Gu Y, Jiang E, Yu Z. Expression and Clinical Significance of Sushi Domain- Containing Protein 3 (SUSD3) and Insulin-like Growth Factor-I Receptor (IGF-IR) in Breast Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:8633-6 pubmed..The combined detection of IGF-IR, SUSD3 and ER may play an important role in judging prognosis and guiding adjuvant therapy after surgery of breast cancer. ..
- Wang J, Huang W, Hu C, Guan X, Zhou H, Chen L. Relationship between RGS5 expression and differentiation and angiogenesis of gastric carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:5642-6 pubmed..05). RGS5 expression level in gastric carcinoma is associated with the differentiation and MVD of the tumor, and may be used as an important parameter for determining the prognosis of gastric carcinoma patients. ..
- Li F, Liu Q, Han Y, Wu B, Yin H. Sperm protein 17 is highly expressed in endometrial and cervical cancers. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:429 pubmed publisher..Although the expression frequency of Sp17 is not correlated with the histological subtype, the staining pattern may help to define endometrial and cervical cancers. Sp17 targeted immunotherapy of tumors needs more accurate validation. ..
- Chen G, Shen Z, Wang L, Lv C, Huang X, Zhou R. Hsa-miR-181a-5p expression and effects on cell proliferation in gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:3871-5 pubmed..05). Enforced expression of miR-181a -5p promoted cell proliferation ability. This study suggested that increased miR-181a-5p is related to GC progression. MiR-181a-5p may represent a potential therapeutic target for GC. ..
- Zhan Y, Huang X, Cao J, Lu Y, Wu X, Liu J, et al. Clinical safety and efficacy of Kanglaite® (Coix Seed Oil) injection combined with chemotherapy in treating patients with gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:5319-21 pubmed..To observe efficacy and side effects, as well as the impact on quality of life, of Kanglaite® (Coix Seed Oil) injections combined with chemotherapy in the treatment of advanced gastric cancer patiensts...
- Yao C, Huang X, Li C, Shen H, Shi M, Feng J, et al. Lack of influence of XRCC1 and XPD gene polymorphisms on outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non small cell lung cancers. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2009;10:859-64 pubmed..09). Our results suggested no influence of the XRCC1 codon399 (Arg/Gln) and XPD codon751 (Lys/Gln) genetic polymorphisms on treatment response and survival in advanced NSCLC patients with platinum-based chemotherapy. ..
- Li H, Zhou X, Zhu J, Cheng W, Zhu W, Shu Y, et al. MiR-4728-3p could act as a marker of HER2 status. Cancer Biomark. 2015;15:807-14 pubmed publisher..MiR-4728-3p had better ability in distinguishing patients with different status of HER2 than miR-4728-5p. And plasma miR-4728-3p might act as a non-invasive biomarker in predicting HER2 status. ..
- Yin H, Lu C, Tang Y, Wang H, Wang H, Wang J. Enhanced expression of EphrinB1 is associated with lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in breast cancer. Cancer Biomark. 2013;13:261-7 pubmed publisher..015). Our analysis demonstrates that EphrinB1 expression is related to the metastasis of breast cancer and its enhanced expression confers a poor prognosis, suggesting that EphrinB1 may be a relevant therapeutic target in breast cancers. ..
- Sun W, Yu Q, Shen H, Ou X, Cao D, Yu T, et al. Roles of Helicobacter pylori infection and cyclooxygenase-2 expression in gastric carcinogenesis. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:2809-13 pubmed..01). COX-2 expression induced by H pylori infection is a relatively early event during carcinogenesis in the stomach. ..
- Wang F, Chen F, Yin H, Xu N, Wu X, Ma J, et al. Effects of age, breast density and volume on breast cancer diagnosis: a retrospective comparison of sensitivity of mammography and ultrasonography in China's rural areas. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:2277-82 pubmed..One of the major challenges in China is to determine an optimal imaging modality for breast cancer screening. This study was designed to clarify the sensitivity of ultrasonography compared with that of mammography in rural China...
- Wu Y, Zhou C, Hu C, Feng J, Lu S, Huang Y, et al. Afatinib versus cisplatin plus gemcitabine for first-line treatment of Asian patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer harbouring EGFR mutations (LUX-Lung 6): an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:213-22 pubmed publisher..Afatinib should be considered as a first-line treatment option for this patient population. Boehringer Ingelheim. ..
- Zhang Y, Shi J, Yu H, Feng A, Fan X, Lauwers G, et al. Factors predicting survival in patients with proximal gastric carcinoma involving the esophagus. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:3602-9 pubmed publisher..To investigate the clinicopathologic features which predict surgical overall survival in patients with proximal gastric carcinoma involving the esophagus (PGCE)...
- Zhao W, Liu H, Liu W, Wu Y, Chen W, Jiang B, et al. Abnormal activation of the synuclein-gamma gene in hepatocellular carcinomas by epigenetic alteration. Int J Oncol. 2006;28:1081-8 pubmed..Our studies also suggest that inducing demethylation of SNCG by hepatocarcinogens may represent one underlying mechanism for the aberrant expression of SNCG in HCC. ..
- Zhan P, Shen X, Qian Q, Wang Q, Zhu J, Zhang Y, et al. Expression of caveolin-1 is correlated with disease stage and survival in lung adenocarcinomas. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1072-8 pubmed publisher..The higher protein expression correlated with the advanced pathological stage and shorter survival rates in lung AC patients. ..
- Hu L, Wu C, Zhao X, Heist R, Su L, Zhao Y, et al. Genome-wide association study of prognosis in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients receiving platinum-based chemotherapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:5507-14 pubmed publisher..Two of these SNPs, rs7629386 and rs3850370, could also be markers for survival among Caucasian patients. ..
- Cheng H, Sun N, Sun X, Chen B, Li F, Feng J, et al. Polymorphisms in hMSH2 and hMLH1 and response to platinum-based chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2010;42:311-7 pubmed..The 3D polyacrylamide gel-based DNA microarray method is accurate, high-throughput, and inexpensive, especially suitable for a large scale of SNP genotyping in population. ..
- Tian T, Shu Y, Chen J, Hu Z, Xu L, Jin G, et al. A functional genetic variant in microRNA-196a2 is associated with increased susceptibility of lung cancer in Chinese. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:1183-7 pubmed publisher..However, no significant effects were observed on the association between the other three SNPs and lung cancer risk. These findings suggest that functional SNP rs11614913 in miR-196a2 could also contribute to lung cancer susceptibility. ..
- Wang Y, Gao W, Xu J, Zhu Y, Liu L. The long noncoding RNA urothelial carcinoma-associated 1 overexpression as a poor prognostic biomarker in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698377 pubmed publisher..92, p = 0.000) in clear cell renal cell carcinoma; it might be a potential detrimental gene considered as a predictive biomarker involved in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Lv J, Cao X, Ji L, Zhu B, Wang D, Tao L, et al. Association of ?-catenin, Wnt1, Smad4, Hoxa9, and Bmi-1 with the prognosis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Med Oncol. 2012;29:151-60 pubmed publisher..The expression level of Smad4 and Hoxa9 mRNA was also associated with the prognosis of the patients with ESCC, pathological stage, and lymph node metastasis; however, they might not be the independent prognostic factor. ..
- Hou Z, Xie L, Yu L, Qian X, Liu B. MicroRNA-146a is down-regulated in gastric cancer and regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis. Med Oncol. 2012;29:886-92 pubmed publisher..9 vs. 5.9%). Our results suggested that miR-146a has potential as a novel suppressor gene in gastric cancer and its down-regulation may promote the progression of gastric cancer. ..
- Wang X, Jiang Z, Zhang Y, Wang X, Liu L, Fan Z. RNA sequencing analysis reveals protective role of kruppel-like factor 3 in colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21984-21993 pubmed publisher..KLF3 might be a potential new predictor and therapeutic target for CRC. Further study is needed for a more detailed understanding of the role of KLF3 in CRC. ..
- Guan B, Wang H, Cao S, Rao Q, Wang Y, Zhu Y, et al. Lipid-rich carcinoma of the breast clinicopathologic analysis of 17 cases. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011;15:225-32 pubmed publisher..The HER-2 expression, however, might play an important role in predicting the prognosis of lipid-rich carcinoma of the breast. ..
- Chen W, Wang S, Tian T, Bai J, Hu Z, Xu Y, et al. Phenotypes and genotypes of insulin-like growth factor 1, IGF-binding protein-3 and cancer risk: evidence from 96 studies. Eur J Hum Genet. 2009;17:1668-75 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, circulating levels of IGF1, IGFBP3 and IGFBP3 A-202C play a crucial role in carcinogenesis and could serve as susceptibility biomarkers for cancer development. ..
- Wang L, Jiang C, Li D, Ge X, Shi Z, Li C, et al. MicroRNA-497 inhibits tumor growth and increases chemosensitivity to 5-fluorouracil treatment by targeting KSR1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:2660-71 pubmed publisher..Lower miR-497 levels may be a potential biomarker for CRC advanced stages and treatment response. ..
- Kuai X, Ji Z, Zhang H. Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 2 expression in colon cancer and its clinical significance. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:5773-8 pubmed..321, confidence interval = 0.035-0.682, P = 0.046). UCP2 is highly expressed in human colon cancer tissue and may be involved in colon cancer metastasis. ..
- Liu J, Huang X, Tian G, Cao J, Lu Y, Wu X, et al. Phase II study on safety and efficacy of Yadanzi® (Javanica oil emulsion injection) combined with chemotherapy for patients with gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:2009-12 pubmed..To investigate the efficacy and safety of Yadanzi® (Javanica oil emulsion injection) combined with chemotherapy for treatment of patients with advanced gastric cancer...
- Lu Y, Zhuo C, Cui B, Liu Z, Zhou P, Lu Y, et al. TYMS serves as a prognostic indicator to predict the lymph node metastasis in Chinese patients with colorectal cancer. Clin Biochem. 2013;46:1478-83 pubmed publisher..05). TYMS effect on lymph node metastasis in CRC might serve as a potential biomarker for LNM and a prognostic factor in CRC. Over-expression of TYMS is a predicting factor to the poor outcome in clinical colorectal cancer patients. ..
- Chen J, Cui X, Zhou H, Qin C, Cao Q, Ju X, et al. Functional promoter -31G/C variant of Survivin gene predict prostate cancer susceptibility among Chinese: a case control study. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:356 pubmed publisher..The functional survivin rs9904341 genetic variant may have a substantial influence on the PCa susceptibility and evolution. ..
- Wang C, Wang X, Liang H, Wang T, Yan X, Cao M, et al. miR-203 inhibits cell proliferation and migration of lung cancer cells by targeting PKC?. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73985 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study identifies a novel miRNA that targets PKC? and illustrates that the downregulation of PKC? by miR-203 modulates biological processes in lung cancer cells. ..
- Zhou J, Zhang H, Chen Q, Han D, Pei F, Zhang L, et al. Relationship between telomerase activity and its subunit expression and inhibitory effect of antisense hTR on pancreatic carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:1808-14 pubmed..The anti-hTR complementary to the template region of hTR is sufficient to inhibit P3 cell telomerase activity and cell proliferation in vitro, and can lead to a profound induction of programmed cell death. ..
- Wang J, Liu Q, Zhou X, He Y, Guo Q, Shi Q, et al. Thymidine kinase 1 expression in ovarian serous adenocarcinoma is superior to Ki-67: A new prognostic biomarker. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317706479 pubmed publisher..Thus, when TK1 is combined with MDACC grading, pTNM staging and lymph node metastasis, IHC determination of TK1 expression may improve the overall prediction of prognosis in patients with ovarian cancer. ..
- Li J, Sun G, Wei X, Tang W. Expression of periostin and its clinicopathological relevance in gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:5261-6 pubmed..This observation demonstrated that periostin was overexpressed in gastric cancer and lymph node metastasis, which suggests that periostin plays an important role in the progression and metastasis of gastric cancer. ..
- Luo L, Zhang T, Liu H, Lv T, Yuan D, Yao Y, et al. MiR-101 and Mcl-1 in non-small-cell lung cancer: expression profile and clinical significance. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1681-6 pubmed publisher..MiR-101 and Mcl-1 may play important roles as biomarkers for prognosis and therapeutic targets in NSCLC. ..
- Qian Q, Wang Q, Zhan P, Peng L, Wei S, Shi Y, et al. The role of matrix metalloproteinase 2 on the survival of patients with non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic review with meta-analysis. Cancer Invest. 2010;28:661-9 pubmed publisher..08 (95% CI: 1.24-3.48)). This study supported the fact that MMP-2 could be included in further prospective trials studying prognostic factors in NSCLC. ..
- Mao Y, Zhang D, Lin H, Xiong L, Liu Y, Li Q, et al. Alpha B-crystallin is a new prognostic marker for laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2012;31:101 pubmed publisher..027) and lymphatic metastasis (P = 0.015) were independent prognosis factors for LSCC. The data suggest that ?B-crystallin expression is correlated with malignant phenotypes of LSCC and it may serve as a novel prognostic factor for LSCC. ..
- Yang X, Zhang Z, Qiu M, Hu J, Fan X, Wang J, et al. Glypican-5 is a novel metastasis suppressor gene in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Lett. 2013;341:265-73 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that GPC5 is a novel metastasis suppressor gene in NSCLC and may be a potential biomarker that predicts NSCLC metastasis. ..
- Feng J, Wu J, Hu S, Gao C, Shi M, Lu Z, et al. Polymorphisms of the ribonucleotide reductase M1 gene and sensitivity to platin-based chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2009;66:344-9 pubmed publisher..Further research on determining RR524CT as a clinical marker for predicting response to platinum-based therapy in NSCLC patients is warranted. ..
- Li Y, Yan P, Huang X, Li C. MDR1 gene C3435T polymorphism is associated with clinical outcomes in gastric cancer patients treated with postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:2405-9 pubmed..This now needs to be confirmed by a randomized prospectively controlled study. ..
- Sun C, Ma P, Wang Y, Liu W, Chen Q, Pan Y, et al. KLF15 Inhibits Cell Proliferation in Gastric Cancer Cells via Up-Regulating CDKN1A/p21 and CDKN1C/p57 Expression. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:1518-1526 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that KLF15 plays a significant role in GC progression and could be a therapeutic target for GC. ..
- Wang M, Zhou W, Zhao Y, Xia T, Zha X, Ding Q, et al. A novel finding of sentinel lymphatic channels in early stage breast cancer patients: which may influence detection rate and false-negative rate of sentinel lymph node biopsy. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51226 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the optimal injection technique of the combination of superficial and deep injection in SLNB procedures. Future clinical studies are needed to confirm our novel findings. ..
- Wu C, Zhu W, Qian J, He S, Wu C, Chen Y, et al. WT1 promotes invasion of NSCLC via suppression of CDH1. J Thorac Oncol. 2013;8:1163-9 pubmed publisher..WT1 expression was correlated with clinical stage, metastasis, and survival rate in 159 NSCLC patients. Via direct binding to the promoter, WT1 could suppress CDH1 and promote NSCLC invasion. ..
- Wei J, Zheng L, Liu S, Yin J, Wang L, Wang X, et al. MiR-196a2 rs11614913 T > C polymorphism and risk of esophageal cancer in a Chinese population. Hum Immunol. 2013;74:1199-205 pubmed publisher..However, our results were obtained with a limited sample size. Future larger studies with other ethnic populations and tissue-specific biological characterization are required to confirm current findings. ..
- Gao W, Liu L, Liu Z, Li X, Li C. Interstitial injection of (32)P-chromic phosphate during lung cancer resection to treat occult lymphatic metastasis. Nucl Med Commun. 2009;30:420-6 pubmed publisher..We aimed to study the interstitial injection of (32)P-chromic phosphate colloids ((32)P-CP) during lung cancer resection to treat occult lymphatic metastasis, and to observe its medium-term and long-term effects...
- Wang L, Guo Y, Xu J, Chen Z, Jiang X, Zhang L, et al. Clinical Analysis of Recurrence Patterns in Patients With Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Treated With Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2017;126:789-797 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the characteristics and risk factors for locoregional recurrence in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) treated with intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)...
- Lu Y, Huang X, Cao J, Xu X, Wu X, Liu J, et al. Phase II study on Javanica oil emulsion injection (Yadanzi®) combined with chemotherapy in treating patients with advanced lung adenocarcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:4791-4 pubmed..To investigate the efficacy and safety of Javanica oil emulsion injection (Yadanzi®) combined with pemetrexed and platinum (PP) for treating patients with advanced lung cancer...
- Cao W, Wu H, He B, Zhang Y, Zhang Z. Analysis of long non-coding RNA expression profiles in gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:3658-64 pubmed publisher..To investigate the expression patterns of long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) in gastric cancer...
- Pan X, Li Y, Feng J, Wang X, Hao B, Shi R, et al. A functional polymorphism T309G in MDM2 gene promoter, intensified by Helicobacter pylori lipopolysaccharide, is associated with both an increased susceptibility and poor prognosis of gastric carcinoma in Chinese patients. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:126 pubmed publisher..Additional, there is a joint effect of MDM2 SNP309G/G allele and H. pylori infection on gastric carcinoma development, which may attribute to H. pylori LPS. ..
- Zhang T, Zhao C, Chen D, Zhou Z. Overexpression of AQP5 in cervical cancer: correlation with clinicopathological features and prognosis. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1998-2004 pubmed publisher..Its evaluation with Ki-67 may provide reliable prognostic information on cervical cancer. ..
- Huang Q, Fan X, Agoston A, Feng A, Yu H, Lauwers G, et al. Comparison of gastro-oesophageal junction carcinomas in Chinese versus American patients. Histopathology. 2011;59:188-97 pubmed publisher..To compare the clinical and pathological features of gastro-oesophageal junction (GEJ) carcinomas in Chinese and American patients...
- Liu H, Fan Q, Zhang Z, Li X, Yu H, Meng F. Basal-HER2 phenotype shows poorer survival than basal-like phenotype in hormone receptor-negative invasive breast cancers. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:167-74 pubmed..This small group of tumors showed significantly poorer 5-year overall survival than basal-like breast tumors and might require different treatment strategy. ..
- Tang B, Zhang Y, Zhou J, Xu Y, Li T, Ding C. [The relationship between (18)F-FDG PET/CT metabolic parameters and clinicopathological features of breast cancer]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2017;39:280-285 pubmed publisher..SUVmax of metastatic lymph node was positively associated with metabolic parameters of primary lesion and clinical stage...
- Xu B, Mi Y, Min Z, Cheng G, Tong N, Tao J, et al. p53 codon 72 increased biochemical recurrence risk after radical prostatectomy in a southern Chinese population. Urol Int. 2010;85:401-5 pubmed publisher..No statistical difference was observed in MDM2 polymorphisms and prostate cancer prognosis. Our data revealed that p53 codon 72 GG genotype carriers more frequently show biochemical recurrence than CG+CC genotypes carriers. ..
- Wang X, Wang J, Ma H, Zhang J, Zhou X. Downregulation of miR-195 correlates with lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in colorectal cancer. Med Oncol. 2012;29:919-27 pubmed publisher..01). Moreover, the multivariate analysis showed that reduced expression of miR-195 was an independent predictor of overall survival. Our data indicate the potential of miR-195 as a novel diagnostic or prognostic biomarker for CRC. ..
- Jiao S, Wang H, Shi Z, Dong A, Zhang W, Song X, et al. A peptide mimicking VGLL4 function acts as a YAP antagonist therapy against gastric cancer. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:166-80 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that disruption of YAP-TEADs interaction by a VGLL4-mimicking peptide may be a promising therapeutic strategy against YAP-driven human cancers. ..
- Geng Y, Wang J, Wang R, Wang K, Xu Y, Song G, et al. Leptin and HER-2 are associated with gastric cancer progression and prognosis of patients. Biomed Pharmacother. 2012;66:419-24 pubmed publisher..0 months vs. 32.5 months, FPS: 12.0 months vs. 18.0 months, P<0.01). Leptin, rather than OB-Rb, played an important role in the progression and angiogenesis of gastric cancer, and was a prognostic factor for poor outcome. ..
- Wei J, Costa C, Ding Y, Zou Z, Yu L, Sanchez J, et al. mRNA expression of BRCA1, PIAS1, and PIAS4 and survival after second-line docetaxel in advanced gastric cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2011;103:1552-6 pubmed publisher..03 to 5.97, P = .037). Survival in patients receiving second-line docetaxel-based chemotherapy showed a similar trend with PIAS1 and PIAS4 mRNA expression levels, although the associations for PIAS4 were not statistically significant. ..
- Shen X, Hong L, Sun H, Shi M, Song Y. The expression of high-mobility group protein box 1 correlates with the progression of non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:535-9 pubmed..005). At protein level, HMGB1 expression was also down-regulated. Low HMGB1 expression in non-small cell lung cancer may explain the poor therapeutical outcome during chemotherapy and radiotherapy. ..
- Chen W, Huang M, Sun D, Kong R, Xu T, Xia R, et al. Long intergenic non-coding RNA 00152 promotes tumor cell cycle progression by binding to EZH2 and repressing p15 and p21 in gastric cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9773-87 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that LINC00152 may play contribute to the progression of GC and may be an effective therapeutic target. ..
- Pankratz V, Sun Z, Aakre J, Li Y, Johnson C, Garces Y, et al. Systematic evaluation of genetic variants in three biological pathways on patient survival in low-stage non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:1488-95 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to verify our findings and elucidate their functional mechanisms and clinical utility leading to improved survival for patients with lung cancer. ..
- Zhang J, Wu W, Xu S, Zhang J, Zhang J, Yu Q, et al. MicroRNA-105 inhibits human glioma cell malignancy by directly targeting SUZ12. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705766 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that miR-105 plays a significant role in tumor behavior and malignant progression, which may provide a novel therapeutic strategy for the treatment of glioma and other cancers. ..
- Liu K, Qian T, Tang L, Wang J, Yang H, Ren J. Decreased expression of microRNA let-7i and its association with chemotherapeutic response in human gastric cancer. World J Surg Oncol. 2012;10:225 pubmed publisher..245, P = 0.037). These findings indicate that let-7i may be a good candidate for use a therapeutic target and a potential tissue marker for the prediction of chemotherapeutic sensitivity and prognosis in LAGC patients. ..
- Wang C, Wu Q, Li S, Chen F, Tuo L, Xie H, et al. Upregulation of the long non-coding RNA PlncRNA-1 promotes esophageal squamous carcinoma cell proliferation and correlates with advanced clinical stage. Dig Dis Sci. 2014;59:591-7 pubmed publisher..PlncRNA-1 plays an important role in ESCC cell proliferation. Overexpression of PlncRNA-1 is correlated with advanced tumor stage and lymph node metastasis, and may serve as a potential prognostic marker and therapeutic target for ESCC. ..