Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Publications339 found, 100 shown here
- Zhong S, Li W, Chen Z, Xu J, Zhao J. MiR-222 and miR-29a contribute to the drug-resistance of breast cancer cells. Gene. 2013;531:8-14 pubmed publisher..The most importance is that we identify two miRNAs (miR-222 and miR-29a) involved in drug-resistance, at least in part via targeting PTEN. ..
- Zhou S, Li J, Xu H, Zhang S, Chen X, Chen W, et al. Liposomal curcumin alters chemosensitivity of breast cancer cells to Adriamycin via regulating microRNA expression. Gene. 2017;622:1-12 pubmed publisher..We determined that an altered miRNA expression pattern is involved in acquiring resistance to Adr, and that liposomal curcumin could change the resistance to Adr through miRNA signaling pathways in breast cancer MCF-7 cells. ..
- Zhu H, Zhang L, Xu J, Zhu C, Zhao H, Zhu Y, et al. AntogomiR-451 protects human gastric epithelial cells from ethanol via activating AMPK signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;497:339-346 pubmed publisher..Collectively, antagomiR-451 protects human GECs from ethanol via activating AMPK signaling. ..
- Li H, Ge Q, Guo L, Lu Z. Maternal plasma miRNAs expression in preeclamptic pregnancies. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:970265 pubmed publisher..05). Results showed that there were differentially expressed maternal plasma miRNAs in patients with preeclampsia. These plasma miRNAs might be used as notable biomarkers for diagnosis of preeclampsia. ..
- Liu Y, Wang Y, Xu Q, Zhou X, Qin Z, Chen C, et al. Prognostic evaluation of microRNA-210 in various carcinomas: Evidence from 19 studies. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8113 pubmed publisher..We performed this meta-analysis to provide a comprehensive evaluation of the role of MicroRNA-210 (miR-210) expression on the overall survival (OS) rate of cancers...
- Chen X, Wang K, Chen J, Guo J, Yin Y, Cai X, et al. In vitro evidence suggests that miR-133a-mediated regulation of uncoupling protein 2 (UCP2) is an indispensable step in myogenic differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5362-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our current work delineates a novel regulatory network employing MyoD, microRNA, and uncoupling proteins to fine-tune the balance between muscle differentiation and proliferation during myogenesis. ..
- Wu Q, Wang C, Lu Z, Guo L, Ge Q. Analysis of serum genome-wide microRNAs for breast cancer detection. Clin Chim Acta. 2012;413:1058-65 pubmed publisher..And next-generation sequencing will provide a robust platform for miRNA profilings. ..
- Guo Z, Zhou B, Liu W, Xu Y, Wu D, Yin Z, et al. MiR-23a regulates DNA damage repair and apoptosis in UVB-irradiated HaCaT cells. J Dermatol Sci. 2013;69:68-76 pubmed publisher..The protection of HaCaT cells against UVB damage is afforded by miR-23a through regulation of topoisomerase-1\caspase7\STK4, and this miRNA may be a novel therapeutic target in skin diseases related to UVB radiation. ..
- Dai X, Pang W, Zhou Y, Yao W, Xia L, Wang C, et al. Altered profile of serum microRNAs in pancreatic cancer-associated new-onset diabetes mellitus. J Diabetes. 2016;8:422-33 pubmed publisher..823-0.952) for the training and validation sets, respectively. The six-serum miRNA panel may have potential as a biomarker for the accurate diagnosis and discrimination of PaC-DM from healthy controls and non-cancer new-onset T2DM. ..
- Tong N, Chu H, Wang M, Xue Y, Du M, Lu L, et al. Pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphism contributes to acute lymphoblastic leukemia susceptibility in Chinese children. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016;57:1436-41 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, rs4938723 genetic variant contributed to the susceptibility to Chinese childhood ALL by influencing the transcription activity of miR-34b/c promoter. ..
- Zhou L, Lv T, Zhang Q, Zhu Q, Zhan P, Zhu S, et al. The biology, function and clinical implications of exosomes in lung cancer. Cancer Lett. 2017;407:84-92 pubmed publisher..In addition, we also discuss current challenges that might impede the clinical use of exosomes. Further studies on the functional roles of exosomes in lung cancer requires thorough research. ..
- Yin R, Zhang S, Wu Y, Fan X, Jiang F, Zhang Z, et al. microRNA-145 suppresses lung adenocarcinoma-initiating cell proliferation by targeting OCT4. Oncol Rep. 2011;25:1747-54 pubmed publisher..We, therefore, confirmed that miR-145 can impair the proliferation of human lung adenocarcinoma-initiating cells by targeting OCT4 and leads to inhibition of lung cancer development. ..
- Hou Z, Yin H, Chen C, Dai X, Li X, Liu B, et al. microRNA-146a targets the L1 cell adhesion molecule and suppresses the metastatic potential of gastric cancer. Mol Med Rep. 2012;6:501-6 pubmed publisher..miR-146a may have the therapeutic potential to suppress gastric cancer metastasis. ..
- Pan S, Zheng Y, Zhao R, Yang X. MicroRNA-130b and microRNA-374b mediate the effect of maternal dietary protein on offspring lipid metabolism in Meishan pigs. Br J Nutr. 2013;109:1731-8 pubmed publisher..These results shed new light on our understanding of the maternal effect on offspring lipid deposition. ..
- Zhao Y, Li W, Li F, Zhang Z, Dai Y, Xu A, et al. Resveratrol improves learning and memory in normally aged mice through microRNA-CREB pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;435:597-602 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a role for RSV in cognition and a microRNA-CREB-BDNF mechanism by which RSV regulates these processes, demonstrating its value as a potential therapeutic target against CNS disorders in aging. ..
- Zhou Y, Li Y, Ye J, Jiang R, Yan H, Yang X, et al. MicroRNA-491 is involved in metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma by inhibitions of matrix metalloproteinase and epithelial to mesenchymal transition. Liver Int. 2013;33:1271-80 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-491 is involved in metastasis of HCC by blocking EMT and decreasing MMP-9 levels, which may provide a new clue for preventing tumour metastasis of HCC. ..
- Li W, Wang J, Chen Q, Qian X, Li Q, Yin Y, et al. Insulin promotes glucose consumption via regulation of miR-99a/mTOR/PKM2 pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64924 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, knockdown of HIF-1? inhibited PKM2 expression and insulin-induced glucose consumption. Taken together, these findings will reveal the role and mechanism of insulin in regulating glycolytic activities via miR-99a/mTOR. ..
- Geng Y, Lin D, Shao L, Yan F, Ju H. Cellular delivery of quantum dot-bound hybridization probe for detection of intracellular pre-microRNA using chitosan/poly(?-glutamic acid) complex as a carrier. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65540 pubmed publisher..Since the amount of miRNA is related to the progress and prognosis of cancer, this strategy could be expected to hold promising application potential in medical research and clinical diagnostics. ..
- Zhai L, Xu L, Wang Y, Zhu X, Feng H, Li C, et al. Transcriptional identification and characterization of differentially expressed genes associated with embryogenesis in radish (Raphanus sativus L.). Sci Rep. 2016;6:21652 pubmed publisher..These results could facilitate further dissection of the molecular mechanisms underlying embryogenesis and seed development in radish. ..
- Zhang Q, Feng Y, Liu P, Yang J. MiR-143 inhibits cell proliferation and invasion by targeting DNMT3A in gastric cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317711312 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results demonstrated that miR-143 targeted DNMT3A in GC cells and inhibit GC tumorigenesis and progression, which may provide a novel therapeutic target of GC. ..
- Zhao J, Pan Y, Li X, Zhang X, Xue Y, Wang T, et al. Dihydroartemisinin and Curcumin Synergistically Induce Apoptosis in SKOV3 Cells Via Upregulation of MiR-124 Targeting Midkine. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:589-601 pubmed publisher..We attempted to improve a promising therapy against ovarian cancer by using a combination of dihydroartemisinin (DHA) and curcumin (Cur)...
- Liu J, Lu K, Liu Z, Sun M, De W, Wang Z. MicroRNA-100 is a potential molecular marker of non-small cell lung cancer and functions as a tumor suppressor by targeting polo-like kinase 1. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:519 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that low miR-100 may be a poor prognostic factor for NSCLC patients and functions as a tumor suppressor by posttranscriptionally regulating PLK1 expression. ..
- Lu L, Qi H, Luo F, Xu H, Ling M, Qin Y, et al. Feedback circuitry via let-7c between lncRNA CCAT1 and c-Myc is involved in cigarette smoke extract-induced malignant transformation of HBE cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:19285-19297 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present research establishes a new mechanism for the reciprocal regulation between CCAT1 and c-Myc and provides an understanding of cigarette smoke extract-induced lung carcinogenesis. ..
- Tang W, Wan G, Wan Y, Zhang L, Cheng W. [Effects of miR-135a on HOXA10 expression, proliferation and apoptosis of ovarian cancer cells]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2013;48:364-9 pubmed..1, P < 0.01). There was also no statistical difference of bax expression (P = 0.066). miR-135a may play an important role in cell proliferation and apoptosis of ovarian cancer cells by regulating HOXA10 and its downstream pathways. ..
- Xie K, Ma H, Liang C, Wang C, Qin N, Shen W, et al. A functional variant in miR-155 regulation region contributes to lung cancer risk and survival. Oncotarget. 2015;6:42781-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that rs767649 A > T might contribute to the increased risk and poor prognosis of NSCLC, highlighting the importance of rs767649 in the prevention and therapy of NSCLC. ..
- Zhou J, Shao G, Chen X, Yang X, Huang X, Peng P, et al. miRNA 206 and miRNA 574-5p are highly expression in coronary artery disease. Biosci Rep. 2015;36:e00295 pubmed publisher..05). The receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curves indicated these two miRNAs had great potential to provide sensitive and specific diagnostic value for CAD. ..
- Wang X, Luo H, Li H, Cao L, Wang X, Yan W, et al. Overexpressed let-7a inhibits glioma cell malignancy by directly targeting K-ras, independently of PTEN. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:1491-501 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that let-7a suppresses its target transcript K-ras and inhibits glioma malignancy independent of PTEN expression. ..
- Chen W, Zhu H, Yin L, Wang T, Wu J, Xu J, et al. lncRNA-PVT1 Facilitates Invasion Through Upregulation of MMP9 in Nonsmall Cell Lung Cancer Cell. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:787-793 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that lncRNA-PVT1 could predispose NSCLC patients to metastases and may serve as a promising target for antimetastatic therapies. ..
- Lu Q, Lu C, Zhou G, Zhang W, Xiao H, Wang X. MicroRNA-221 silencing predisposed human bladder cancer cells to undergo apoptosis induced by TRAIL. Urol Oncol. 2010;28:635-41 pubmed publisher..MiRNA-221 silencing rendered human bladder cancer T24 cells to undergo apoptosis induced by TRAIL. Our findings suggest a potential role of suppressing miRNA-221 in human bladder cancer therapy. ..
- Zhou X, Chen X, Hu L, Han S, Qiang F, Wu Y, et al. Polymorphisms involved in the miR-218-LAMB3 pathway and susceptibility of cervical cancer, a case-control study in Chinese women. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;117:287-90 pubmed publisher..0006). These findings indicate that pri-miR-218 rs11134527 and LAMB3 rs2566 may contribute to cervical cancer carcinogenesis, and further validations in diverse populations and functional characterizations are warranted. ..
- Wang X, Shi Z, Wang X, Cao L, Wang Y, Zhang J, et al. MiR-181d acts as a tumor suppressor in glioma by targeting K-ras and Bcl-2. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012;138:573-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, xenograft tumors from miR-181d-treated U251 cells were suppressed in vivo. MiR-181d may act as a glioma suppressor by targeting K-ras and Bcl-2. ..
- Wang J, Yang X, Xu H, Chi X, Zhang M, Hou X. Identification and characterization of microRNAs and their target genes in Brassica oleracea. Gene. 2012;505:300-8 pubmed publisher..The Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes (KEGG) Pathway enrichment analysis suggests that these miRNAs might regulate 186 metabolic pathways, including those of lipid, energy, starch and sucrose, fatty acid and nitrogen. ..
- Liang T, Guo L, Liu C. Genome-wide analysis of mir-548 gene family reveals evolutionary and functional implications. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2012;2012:679563 pubmed publisher..The evolutionary pattern of the primate-specific gene family might contribute to dynamic expression profiles and regulatory network. ..
- Liu K, Qian T, Tang L, Wang J, Yang H, Ren J. Decreased expression of microRNA let-7i and its association with chemotherapeutic response in human gastric cancer. World J Surg Oncol. 2012;10:225 pubmed publisher..245, P = 0.037). These findings indicate that let-7i may be a good candidate for use a therapeutic target and a potential tissue marker for the prediction of chemotherapeutic sensitivity and prognosis in LAGC patients. ..
- Qin D, Qian L, Hu D, Yu Z, Han S, Zhu C, et al. Effects of miR-19b overexpression on proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis and Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway in P19 cell model of cardiac differentiation in vitro. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2013;66:709-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings may bring new insights into the mechanisms underlying cardiac diseases and suggest that miR-19b is a potential new therapeutic target for cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Jiang Y, Chen J, Wu J, Hu Z, Qin Z, Liu X, et al. Evaluation of genetic variants in microRNA biosynthesis genes and risk of breast cancer in Chinese women. Int J Cancer. 2013;133:2216-24 pubmed publisher..31 × 10(-7) , 9.29 × 10(-7) for miR-106b and miR-579, respectively). Our findings suggested that DGCR8 rs417309 G > A might affect breast cancer risk through the interruption of miRNA binding. ..
- Qiu T, Zhou L, Wang T, Xu J, Wang J, Chen W, et al. miR-503 regulates the resistance of non-small cell lung cancer cells to cisplatin by targeting Bcl-2. Int J Mol Med. 2013;32:593-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that miR-503 regulates cell apoptosis, at least in part by targeting Bcl-2, and thus modulates the resistance of non-small cell lung cancer cells to cisplatin. ..
- Tang X, Zheng W, Ding M, Guo K, Yuan F, Feng H, et al. miR-125b acts as a tumor suppressor in chondrosarcoma cells by the sensitization to doxorubicin through direct targeting the ErbB2-regulated glucose metabolism. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2016;10:571-83 pubmed publisher..Our study will provide a novel aspect on the overcoming chemoresistance in human chondrosarcoma cells and may help in the development of therapeutic strategies for the treatments of patients. ..
- Hu D, Liu Y, Chen F, Sheng Y, Yang R, Kong X, et al. Differential expression of microRNAs in cardiac myocytes compared to undifferentiated P19 cells. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:59-64 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of miRNA function to confirm their target genes during cardiac development will determine the potential for novel miRNA-based therapeutic strategies. ..
- Fan Z, Zhang L, Shi Z, Gan X, Gao X, Zhu G. Artificial microRNA interference targeting AT(1a) receptors in paraventricular nucleus attenuates hypertension in rats. Gene Ther. 2012;19:810-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that amiRNA interference targeting AT(1a)R in the PVN decreases arterial blood pressure, blunts sympathetic activity and improves myocardial and vascular remodeling in SHR. ..
- Wang Z, Cao Y, Jiang C, Yang G, Wu J, Ding Y. Lack of association of two common polymorphisms rs2910164 and rs11614913 with susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40039 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis suggests that two common SNPs rs2910164 and rs11614913 are not associated with the risk of HCC. Well-designed studies with larger sample size and more ethnic groups are required to further validate the results. ..
- Hou X, Tang Z, Liu H, Wang N, Ju H, Li K. Discovery of MicroRNAs associated with myogenesis by deep sequencing of serial developmental skeletal muscles in pigs. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52123 pubmed publisher..Luciferase activities of report vectors containing the 3'UTR of porcine BMP2 or MAPK1 were downregulated by miR-378, which suggested that miR-378 probably regulated myogenesis though the regulation of these two genes. ..
- He J, Jing Y, Li W, Qian X, Xu Q, Li F, et al. Roles and mechanism of miR-199a and miR-125b in tumor angiogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56647 pubmed publisher..This study provides a rationale for new therapeutic approach to suppress tumor angiogenesis using miR-199a, miR-125b, or their mimics for ovarian cancer treatment in the future. ..
- Cui S, Huang J, Chen Y, Song H, Feng B, Huang G, et al. Let-7c governs the acquisition of chemo- or radioresistance and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition phenotypes in docetaxel-resistant lung adenocarcinoma. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:699-713 pubmed publisher..This study suggests an important role for let-7c in the molecular etiology of chemoresistant lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- ..All of these mechanisms should be taken into consideration because they are crucial for the development of more efficacious therapeutic strategies for preventing and treating human chronic hepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Liu Q, Li R, Qian H, Wei J, Xie L, Shen J, et al. Targeted delivery of miR-200c/DOC to inhibit cancer stem cells and cancer cells by the gelatinases-stimuli nanoparticles. Biomaterials. 2013;34:7191-203 pubmed publisher..The miR-200c/DOC NPs may provide a promising modality for co-delivery of nucleic acid and drugs to simultaneously inhibit CSCs and non-CSC cancer cells. ..
- Zhou F, Wang W, Xing Y, Wang T, Xu X, Wang J. NF-?B target microRNAs and their target genes in TNF?-stimulated HeLa cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:344-54 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the functions of NF-?B in its target miRNA-related biological processes and the mechanisms underlying the regulation of these miRNAs. ..
- Ding L, Liu J, Shen H, Pan L, Liu Q, Zhang H, et al. Analysis of plasma microRNA expression profiles in male textile workers with noise-induced hearing loss. Hear Res. 2016;333:275-282 pubmed publisher..However, further studies are necessary to prove the causal association between miRNAs changes and noise exposure, and to determine whether these two miRNAs are clear biomarkers to noise exposure. ..
- Fu Y, Xu W, Chen D, Feng C, Zhang L, Wang X, et al. Enterovirus 71 induces autophagy by regulating has-miR-30a expression to promote viral replication. Antiviral Res. 2015;124:43-53 pubmed publisher..We provided further evidence that by modulating cellular miR-30a level through either overexpression or inhibition, one can inhibit or promote EV71 replication, respectively, through regulating autophagic activity. ..
- Dong H, Wang C, Lu S, Yu C, Huang L, Feng W, et al. A panel of four decreased serum microRNAs as a novel biomarker for early Parkinson's disease. Biomarkers. 2016;21:129-37 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the 4-miRNA panel enabled the differentiation of HY stage 1 and 2 PD patients from controls. The four serum miRNAs may represent novel biomarkers for the early detection of PD. ..
- Chen B, Song G, Liu M, Qian L, Wang L, Gu H, et al. Inhibition of miR-29c promotes proliferation, and inhibits apoptosis and differentiation in P19 embryonic carcinoma cells. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:2527-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-29c may have therapeutic potential in the future. ..
- Sun H, Zhao M, Liu T, Ren X, Chen Q, Li Y, et al. Salusin-? induces foam cell formation and monocyte adhesion in human vascular smooth muscle cells via miR155/NOX2/NF?B pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23596 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that salusin-? induces foam formation and monocyte adhesion via miR155/NOX2/NF?B-mediated ACAT-1 and VCAM-1 expressions in VSMCs. ..
- Deng L, Tang J, Yang H, Cheng C, Lu S, Jiang R, et al. MTA1 modulated by miR-30e contributes to epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma through an ErbB2-dependent pathway. Oncogene. 2017;36:3976-3985 pubmed publisher..In general, downregulation of miR-30e can increase levels of MTA1 in human HCC, and furthermore promote cell invasion and metastasis by promoting ErbB2. ..
- Zhu W, Shan X, Wang T, Shu Y, Liu P. miR-181b modulates multidrug resistance by targeting BCL2 in human cancer cell lines. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:2520-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that miR-181b could play a role in the development of MDR in both gastric and lung cancer cell lines, at least in part, by modulation of apoptosis via targeting BCL2. ..
- Cui L, Guo X, Qi Y, Qi X, Ge Y, Shi Z, et al. Identification of microRNAs involved in the host response to enterovirus 71 infection by a deep sequencing approach. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010;2010:425939 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study on host miRNAs expression alteration response to EV71 infection. Our findings supported the hypothesis that certain miRNAs might be essential in the host-pathogen interactions. ..
- Bian H, Pan X, Yang J, Wang Z, De W. Upregulation of microRNA-451 increases cisplatin sensitivity of non-small cell lung cancer cell line (A549). J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2011;30:20 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated for the first time that combination of DDP application with miR-451 upregulation might be a potential strategy for the treatment of human NSCLC. ..
- Hu Z, Dong J, Wang L, Ma H, Liu J, Zhao Y, et al. Serum microRNA profiling and breast cancer risk: the use of miR-484/191 as endogenous controls. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:828-34 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we proposed the combination of miRNA-484 and miRNA-191 as endogenous control for serum miRNA detection, at least for most common cancers. ..
- Sun X, Korir N, Han J, Shangguan L, Kayesh E, Leng X, et al. Characterization of grapevine microR164 and its target genes. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:9463-72 pubmed publisher..Results from this study prove the importance of Vv-miR164 in regulating development and growth of grapes, and adds to the existing knowledge of small RNA-mediated regulation in grapes. ..
- Dai Y, Qiu Z, Diao Z, Shen L, Xue P, Sun H, et al. MicroRNA-155 inhibits proliferation and migration of human extravillous trophoblast derived HTR-8/SVneo cells via down-regulating cyclin D1. Placenta. 2012;33:824-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we found that cyclin D1 may be a target of miR-155 in HTR-8/SVneo cells, and demonstrated a negative regulatory role of miR-155 involved in cyclin D1/p27 pathway in proliferation and migration of the cells. ..
- Liu X, Lu K, Wang K, Sun M, Zhang E, Yang J, et al. MicroRNA-196a promotes non-small cell lung cancer cell proliferation and invasion through targeting HOXA5. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:348 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-196a may represent a potential therapeutic target for NSCLC intervention. ..
- Cao L, Kong L, Yu Z, Han S, Bai Y, Zhu J, et al. microRNA expression profiling of the developing mouse heart. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:1095-104 pubmed publisher..Findings of this analysis may thus clarify the mechanisms of normal heart development and provide a physiological basis for future studies on congenital heart disease. ..
- Ma H, Yuan H, Yuan Z, Yu C, Wang R, Jiang Y, et al. Genetic variations in key microRNA processing genes and risk of head and neck cancer: a case-control study in Chinese population. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47544 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that rs1057035 located at 3'UTR of DICER may contribute to the risk of oral cancer by affecting the binding of miRNAs to DICER. Large-scale and well-designed studies are warranted to validate our findings. ..
- Jiang L, Qiu W, Zhou Y, Wen P, Fang L, Cao H, et al. A microRNA-30e/mitochondrial uncoupling protein 2 axis mediates TGF-?1-induced tubular epithelial cell extracellular matrix production and kidney fibrosis. Kidney Int. 2013;84:285-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, the miR-30e/UCP2 axis has an important role in mediating TGF-?1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and kidney fibrosis. Targeting this pathway may shed new light for the future of fibrotic kidney disease therapy. ..
- Zhao Y, Xu Y, Luo F, Xu W, Wang B, Pang Y, et al. Angiogenesis, mediated by miR-21, is involved arsenite-induced carcinogenesis. Toxicol Lett. 2013;223:35-41 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of miR-21 in these cells inhibited the arsenite-induced increases of VEGF levels. Thus, we conclude that arsenite induces tumor angiogenesis through processes mediated by miR-21. ..
- Lin Y, Leng Q, Jiang Z, Guarnera M, Zhou Y, Chen X, et al. A classifier integrating plasma biomarkers and radiological characteristics for distinguishing malignant from benign pulmonary nodules. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1240-1248 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, further prospective validation of this classifier is warranted. ..
- Xu J, Hu Z, Xu Z, Gu H, Yi L, Cao H, et al. Functional variant in microRNA-196a2 contributes to the susceptibility of congenital heart disease in a Chinese population. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:1231-6 pubmed publisher..001). In vitro binding assays further revealed that the rs11614913 variant affects HOXB8 binding to mature miR-196a. This is the first study to indicate that miR-196a2 rs11614913 plays a role in sporadic CHD susceptibility. ..
- Yu Z, Han S, Hu P, Zhu C, Wang X, Qian L, et al. Potential role of maternal serum microRNAs as a biomarker for fetal congenital heart defects. Med Hypotheses. 2011;76:424-6 pubmed publisher..These miRNAs of placental origin can be detected in maternal peripheral blood. Therefore, we postulate that these maternal serum miRNAs may be a potential biomarker for fetal CHD. ..
- Lin F, Li R, Pan Z, Zhou B, Yu D, Wang X, et al. miR-26b promotes granulosa cell apoptosis by targeting ATM during follicular atresia in porcine ovary. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38640 pubmed publisher..We found that miR-26b, which was upregulated during follicular atresia, increased the number of DNA breaks and promoted granulosa cell apoptosis by targeting the ataxia telangiectasia mutated gene directly in vitro. ..
- Gao X, Zhang R, Qu X, Zhao M, Zhang S, Wu H, et al. MiR-15a, miR-16-1 and miR-17-92 cluster expression are linked to poor prognosis in multiple myeloma. Leuk Res. 2012;36:1505-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the expression of specific miRNAs may be contributing to MM prognosis...
- Li R, Yan G, Zhang Q, Jiang Y, Sun H, Hu Y, et al. miR-145 inhibits isoproterenol-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy by targeting the expression and localization of GATA6. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1754-61 pubmed publisher..Together, our results identify miR-145 as an important regulator in cardiac hypertrophy...
- Lv L, Cao Y, Ni H, Xu M, Liu D, Liu H, et al. MicroRNA-29c in urinary exosome/microvesicle as a biomarker of renal fibrosis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F1220-7 pubmed publisher..3% with the use of miR-29a and 68.8 and 81.3% for miR-29c. Overall, miR-29c in urinary exosome correlates with both renal function and degree of histological fibrosis, suggesting it as a novel, noninvasive marker for renal fibrosis. ..
- Cheng Y, Lei J, Chen Y, Ju H. Highly selective detection of microRNA based on distance-dependent electrochemiluminescence resonance energy transfer between CdTe nanocrystals and Au nanoclusters. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014;51:431-6 pubmed publisher..By substituting the hairpin DNA with different sequences, this strategy as a new signal transduction approach could be conveniently extended for detection of other short miRNA and DNA. ..
- Liu D, Tao T, Xu B, Chen S, Liu C, Zhang L, et al. MiR-361-5p acts as a tumor suppressor in prostate cancer by targeting signal transducer and activator of transcription-6(STAT6). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;445:151-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-361-5p has great clinical significance in preventing the malignant progression of PCa. ..
- Ji M, Lu J, Shi P, Zhang X, Wang S, Chang Q, et al. Dysregulated miR-98 Contributes to Extracellular Matrix Degradation by Targeting IL-6/STAT3 Signaling Pathway in Human Intervertebral Disc Degeneration. J Bone Miner Res. 2016;31:900-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the downregulation of miR-98 could promote IDD through the IL-6/STAT3 signaling pathway. Our findings also highlight miR-98 as a novel hopeful therapeutic target for IDD. ..
- Xu Z, Ji J, Xu J, Li D, Shi G, Liu F, et al. MiR-30a increases MDSC differentiation and immunosuppressive function by targeting SOCS3 in mice with B-cell lymphoma. FEBS J. 2017;284:2410-2424 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying MDSC expansion and function during B cell lymphoma development. ..
- Cheng M, Shen Z, Hu G, Luo L. Prognostic Significance of microRNA-7 and its Roles in the Regulation of Cisplatin Resistance in Lung Adenocarcinoma. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:660-672 pubmed publisher..Our finding for the first time demonstrates that low miR-7 expression may be an independent poor prognostic factor and targeting miR-7 may be a potential strategy for the reversal of CDDP resistance in LA. ..
- Xu W, Li J, Fan L, Qiao C, Yu H, Shen Q. [Expressions of bcl-6, lpp and miR-28 genes in diffuse large B cell lymphoma cell lines]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2009;17:83-7 pubmed..The expression levels of bcl-6 and lpp mRNA are not parallel with expression levels of protein. The roles of bcl-6, lpp and miR-28 in initiation and development of DLBCL need further investigation. ..
- Shi W, Du J, Qi Y, Liang G, Wang T, Li S, et al. Aberrant expression of serum miRNAs in schizophrenia. J Psychiatr Res. 2012;46:198-204 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report demonstrating the analysis of the circulating miRNAs in schizophrenia. ..
- Chen Q, Kong L, Xu X, Geng Q, Tang W, Jiang W. Down-regulation of microRNA-146a in the early stage of liver ischemia-reperfusion injury. Transplant Proc. 2013;45:492-6 pubmed publisher..miR-146a was down-regulated in the early stage of liver IR injury. ..
- Cao M, Hou D, Liang H, Gong F, Wang Y, Yan X, et al. miR-150 promotes the proliferation and migration of lung cancer cells by targeting SRC kinase signalling inhibitor 1. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1013-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide the first clues regarding the role of miR-150 as an oncogene in lung cancer through the inhibition of SRCIN1 translation. ..
- Xu X, Fu Y, Tong J, Fan S, Xu K, Sun H, et al. MicroRNA-216b/Beclin 1 axis regulates autophagy and apoptosis in human Tenon's capsule fibroblasts upon hydroxycamptothecin exposure. Exp Eye Res. 2014;123:43-55 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we concluded that miR-216b regulated both autophagy and apoptosis by modulating Beclin 1 in HTFs treated with HCPT. We also demonstrated that HCPT-induced autophagy is one of the agent's anti-proliferative effects. ..
- Meng X, Sun B, Xue M, Xu P, Hu F, Xiao Z. Comparative analysis of microRNA expression in human mesenchymal stem cells from umbilical cord and cord blood. Genomics. 2016;107:124-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study illustrates that MSCs from UC and CB display distinct properties, which indicates different potentials for clinical usage. ..
- Liu X, Luo F, Ling M, Lu L, Shi L, Lu X, et al. MicroRNA-21 activation of ERK signaling via PTEN is involved in arsenite-induced autophagy in human hepatic L-02 cells. Toxicol Lett. 2016;252:1-10 pubmed publisher..This link, mediated through miRNAs, establishes a mechanism for the development of autophagy that is associated with arsenic toxicity. Such information contributes to an understanding of the liver toxicity caused by arsenite. ..