Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on male in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Zhu Z, Xu L, Leung Sang Tang N, Qin X, Feng Z, Sun W, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies novel susceptible loci and highlights Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in the development of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1577-1583 pubmed publisher..This is the first study that unveils the potential role of Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in the development of AIS, and our findings may shed new light on the etiopathogenesis of AIS. ..
- Huang W, Wei X, Ni W, Cao M, Meng L, Yang H. The expression of RNA-binding protein RBM38 decreased in renal cell carcinoma and represses renal cancer cell proliferation, migration, and invasion. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701635 pubmed publisher..028). All these suggested that RBM38 acts as a tumor suppressor in renal cell carcinoma, which has the potential value for the prediction of renal cell carcinoma prognosis. ..
- Li W, Jiang J, Su J, Liang B, Deng W, Huang J, et al. Commercial Sexual Behaviors Among Male Rural-to-Urban Migrants in Western China: Implications for HIV Prevention. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2017;29:388-400 pubmed publisher..Commercial sexual behavior and not using condoms are common among male rural-to-urban migrants in western China. Strategies and appropriate education should be developed to prevent HIV transmission due to high-risk sexual behaviors. ..
- Ren H, Wang G, Gu G, Hu Q, Li G, Hong Z, et al. [Predictive value of procalcitonin in postoperative intra-abdominal infections after definitive operation of intestinal fistulae]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;20:524-529 pubmed..0% specificity, 56.0% sensitivity and 73.0% specificity, respectively. The value of procalcitonin above 0.98 ?g/L on POD 3 and 0.83 ?g/L on POD 5 can predict the occurrence of IAI after definitive operations of intestinal fistulae. ..
- Xu X, Qian W, Ma G, Hu H, Su G, Liu H, et al. Combined diffusion-weighted imaging and dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI for differentiating radiologically indeterminate malignant from benign orbital masses. Clin Radiol. 2017;72:903.e9-903.e15 pubmed publisher..220). Kep and ADC could help to differentiate radiologically indeterminate malignant from benign orbital masses. The combination of DW and DCE MRI might improve the differentiating performance. ..
- Zhu S, Li Y, Huang W, Jiang H, Li S, Chen L, et al. [Feasibility of the 2014 European guidelines risk prediction model for sudden cardiac death in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in Chinese patients]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2017;45:404-408 pubmed publisher..38)%???SCD??????1.27%?25.00%?14.29%?2011?AHA?HCM??SCD??????AUC?0.87(95%CI 0.75?0.98)?2014?ESC??HCM Risk?SCD AUC?0.93(95%CI 0.85?1.00)? ??? ???HCM Risk?SCD???SCD?????????????????2011?AHA?HCM????SCD???????????????. ..
- Tian S, Yao Q, Yin X, Liu S, Zhou J, Hu J, et al. [Effects of iASSIST navigation system and personal specific instrument assisted total knee arthroplasty in the treatment of osteoarthritis]. Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;55:423-429 pubmed publisher..420?3.150?p?0.001?0.007)???14 d?1???3???vas?kss??????????(t??1.390?0.530?p?0.170?1.000)? ??? ??iassist-tka?psi-tka????????????????????iassist-tka????????????????????psi-tka???????psi-tka??????????. ..
- Zhen L, Dai L, Wen X, Yao L, Jin X, Yang X, et al. Discovery of Novel Nucleotide Prodrugs with Improved Potency Against HCV Variants Carrying NS5B S282T Mutation. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6077-6088 pubmed publisher..The toxicity study results indicated a good safety profile of 4c. Together, 4c-4e and 4m hold promise for drug development for the treatment of HCV infection, especially the resistant variants with NS5B S282T mutation. ..
- Wang L, Zhang F, Cao Z, Xiao Y, Li S, Yu B, et al. Ginsenoside F2 induces the release of mediators associated with Anaphylactoid reactions. Fitoterapia. 2017;121:223-228 pubmed publisher..This study could guide the establishment of quality standards for safe application of ginsenoside-containing preparations. ..
- Lv J, Zhang H, Wong M, Jardine M, Hladunewich M, Jha V, et al. Effect of Oral Methylprednisolone on Clinical Outcomes in Patients With IgA Nephropathy: The TESTING Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:432-442 pubmed publisher..Guidelines recommend corticosteroids in patients with IgA nephropathy and persistent proteinuria, but the effects remain uncertain...
- Guo Y, Zhou J, Wu Y, Li Z. Identifying the factors affecting bike-sharing usage and degree of satisfaction in Ningbo, China. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185100 pubmed publisher..Based on the results, some suggestions regarding planning, engineering, and public advocacy were discussed to increase the usage of bike-sharing in Ningbo, China...
- Lu C, Zuo K, Lu Y, Liang S, Huang X, Zeng C, et al. Apolipoprotein A-1-related amyloidosis 2 case reports and review of the literature. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8148 pubmed publisher..Proteomic analysis by mass spectrometry of the amyloid deposits combined with genetic analysis can provide accurate diagnosis of ApoA-1 amyloidosis. Besides, these 2 cases expand our knowledge of ApoA-1-related renal amyloidosis. ..
- Wei X, Tao J, Cui X, Jiang S, Qian D, Duan J. Comparative pharmacokinetics of six major bioactive components in normal and type 2 diabetic rats after oral administration of Sanhuang Xiexin Decoction extracts by UPLC-TQ MS/MS. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:248-255 pubmed publisher..The PK study under the pathological condition could provide more helpful information to guide the clinical usage of SXD to treat T2DM. ..
- Chen F, Xu G, Qin X, Jin X, Gou S. Hybrid of DNA-targeting Chlorambucil with Pt(IV) Species to Reverse Drug Resistance. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2017;363:221-239 pubmed publisher..Overall, compound 5 is a promising drug candidate, which could promote the anticancer activity and reverse drug resistance by attenuating CK2-induced MRN-dependent DSB repair. ..
- Liang C, Zhu J, Miao C, Wang S, Zhang L, Li P, et al. Protective Effects of the Segmental Renal Artery Clamping Technique on Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in db/db Diabetic Mice. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:4763828 pubmed publisher..Thus, SRAC may be an ideal technique in partial nephrectomy, especially for patients with diabetic nephropathy and other renal insufficiencies. ..
- Han L, Gao Q, Yang J, Wu Q, Zhu B, Zhang H, et al. Survival Analysis of Coal Workers' Pneumoconiosis (CWP) Patients in a State-Owned Mine in the East of China from 1963 to 2014. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..The data indicated that prevention and treatment of CWP complication is important to improve patients' survival rates. ..
- Ai J, Xie Z, Liu G, Chen Z, Yang Y, Li Y, et al. Etiology and prognosis of acute viral encephalitis and meningitis in Chinese children: a multicentre prospective study. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:494 pubmed publisher..The incidence of sequelae and fatality rate of viral encephalitis with confirmed etiology were 7.5% and 0.8%, respectively. The prognosis of viral meningitis was favorable compared to viral encephalitis. ..
- Wang Q, Canton G, Guo J, Guo X, Hatsukami T, Billiar K, et al. MRI-based patient-specific human carotid atherosclerotic vessel material property variations in patients, vessel location and long-term follow up. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180829 pubmed publisher..The use of patient-specific, location specific and time-specific material properties in plaque models could potentially improve the accuracy of model stress/strain calculations. ..
- Li G, Mu X, Huang X, Qian X, Qin J, Tan Z, et al. Liver transplantation using the otherwise-discarded partial liver resection graft with hepatic benign tumor: Analysis of a preliminary experience on 15 consecutive cases. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7295 pubmed publisher..The partial liver grafts with hepatic benign tumors are safe for liver transplantation. In addition, prosthetic vascular grafts can be used for hepatic venous outflow reconstruction, especially in right lobe liver transplantation. ..
- Yuan J, Han R, Esther A, Wu Q, Yang J, Yan W, et al. Polymorphisms in autophagy related genes and the coal workers' pneumoconiosis in a Chinese population. Gene. 2017;632:36-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we identified three SNPs in ATGs, which implicated the development of CWP. Further studies are warranted to validate these findings. ..
- Jia B, Yan X, Chen Y, Wang G, Liu Y, Xu B, et al. A scoring model for predicting prognosis of patients with severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005909 pubmed publisher..This model may aid the physicians to immediately initiate prompt treatment to block the rapid development of the illness and reduce the fatality of SFTS patients...
- Zhang M, Zhao H, Cai J, Li H, Wu Q, Qiao T, et al. Chronic administration of mitochondrion-targeted peptide SS-31 prevents atherosclerotic development in ApoE knockout mice fed Western diet. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185688 pubmed publisher..Administration of SS-31 prevents against atherosclerotic formation in ApoE-/- mice suggesting that SS-31 might be considered to be a potential drug to prevent atherosclerotic progression. ..
- Zhu J, Bornstedt A, Merkle N, Liu N, Rottbauer W, Ma G, et al. T2-prepared segmented 3D-gradient-echo for fast T2-weighted high-resolution three-dimensional imaging of the carotid artery wall at 3T: a feasibility study. Biomed Eng Online. 2016;15:165 pubmed publisher..Thereby, the acquisition times could be substantially reduced to about 25% of the respective 3D-TSE technique. ..
- Liu X, Trautmann J, Wigger R, Zhou G, Mörlein D. Fatty acid composition and its association with chemical and sensory analysis of boar taint. Food Chem. 2017;231:301-308 pubmed publisher..However, multivariate analyses (principal component analysis) revealed no explanation of the fatty acid composition with respect to the (dis-)agreement between sensory and chemical analysis. ..
- Chen C, Xue S, Zhang J, Chen W, Gong D, Zheng J, et al. DNA-methylation-mediated repression of miR-766-3p promotes cell proliferation via targeting SF2 expression in renal cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1867-1878 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study presents a road map for the prediction and validation of miR-766-3p/SF2 axis and thus imparts a therapeutic way for further RCC progression. ..
- Sun J, Yuan S, Mu X, Zhang W, Liu Y, Zou L, et al. Effects of early enteral nutrition on T helper lymphocytes of surgical septic patients: A retrospective observational study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7702 pubmed publisher..Compared with DEN, EEN could improve the disease severity and clinical outcomes, but not decrease the 28-day mortality of surgical septic patients. ..
- Liu Q, Liu W, Zeng B, Wang G, Hao D, Huang Y. Deletion of the Bombyx mori odorant receptor co-receptor (BmOrco) impairs olfactory sensitivity in silkworms. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;86:58-67 pubmed publisher..This study on BmOrco function provides insights into the insect olfactory system and also provides a paradigm for agroforestry pest control. ..
- Zhang Y, Hou Y, Wang X, Ping J, Ma Z, Suo C, et al. The effects of kisspeptin-10 on serum metabolism and myocardium in rats. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179164 pubmed publisher..Our work determined the profound effects of kisspeptin-10 on the heart, which could further lead to the development of therapeutics related to kisspeptin-10, including antagonists and analogs. ..
- Manickam P, Mehendale S, Nagaraju B, Katoch K, Jamesh A, Kutaiyan R, et al. International open trial of uniform multidrug therapy regimen for leprosy patients: Findings & implications for national leprosy programmes. Indian J Med Res. 2016;144:525-535 pubmed publisher..We observed low relapse, minimal ADR and other adverse clinical events. Clofazimine-related pigmentation was acceptable. Evidence supports introduction of U-MDT in national leprosy programmes. [CTRI No: 2012/ 05/ 002696]. ..
- Hu Q, Ren J, Wu J, Li G, Wu X, Liu S, et al. Elevated Levels of Plasma Mitochondrial DNA Are Associated with Clinical Outcome in Intra-Abdominal Infections Caused by Severe Trauma. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2017;18:610-618 pubmed publisher..Plasma mtDNA was associated with the occurrence of sepsis, MODS, and death in patients with IAIs caused by severe abdominal trauma. ..
- Zhang J, Wu J, Li S, Gong Y. [Lowered sarcoendoplasmic reticulum calcium uptake and diaphragmatic SERCA1 expression contribute to diaphragmatic contractile and relaxation dysfunction in septic rats]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2016;37:438-443 pubmed..Diaphragmatic relaxation dysfunction may result from reduced calcium uptake in the SR and a decreased level of SERCA1 in the diaphragmatic muscles. ..
- Tao Y, Du Y, Li W, Cai B, Di L, Shi L, et al. Integrating UHPLC-MS/MS quantification and DAS analysis to investigate the effects of wine-processing on the tissue distributions of bioactive constituents of herbs in rats: Exemplarily shown for Dipsacus asper. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1055-1056:135-143 pubmed publisher..The accumulation of bioactive constituents in liver and kidney tissues after wine-processing will contribute to the enhancement of liver and kidney nourishing effects. ..
- Chen G, Zhang Y, Zhang W, Li S, Williams G, Marks G, et al. Attributable risks of emergency hospital visits due to air pollutants in China: A multi-city study. Environ Pollut. 2017;228:43-49 pubmed publisher..90% to NO2 and 5.38% to SO2. Exposure to outdoor air pollution has acute effects on EHVs. Effective measures to control air pollution levels in China could potentially reduce demands for emergency hospital services. ..
- Liu J, Wei X, Li A, Cui Y, Xia X, Qin W, et al. Novel mutations in COL4A3, COL4A4, and COL4A5 in Chinese patients with Alport Syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177685 pubmed publisher..Pathogenic mutations were detected in 20 patients. These novel mutations can expand the genotypic spectrum of AS. Our results demonstrated that targeted capture and NGS technology are effective in the genetic diagnosis of AS. ..
- Lu J, Wang Q, Zhou Y, Lu X, Liu Y, Wu Y, et al. Astragaloside? against cardiac fibrosis by inhibiting TRPM7 channel. Phytomedicine. 2017;30:10-17 pubmed publisher..The moderate inhibition of the TRPM7 channel may be a new strategy for treating cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Zheng Y, Chang Z, Jiang L, Ji H, Chen G, Luo P, et al. [Severe cases with hand, foot and mouth disease: data based on national pilot hand, foot and mouth disease surveillance system]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2017;38:759-762 pubmed publisher..0%?36???ev71?cox a16?????0.1%?1???????z=3.15?p=0.002????-????????z=3.95?p<0.001???????????? ??? ????????????????????????????????????????ev71??????????????????????????????????????????. ..
- Zhang L, Wang Y, Xu M. In vitro and in vivo antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of extracts from Platycarya strobilacea infructescence. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2017;30:747-753 pubmed..We concluded that the ethyl acetate extract of PSI has strong antioxidant activity in vitro and possesses antimicrobial activity. These results indicated PSI the potential of medicinal uses and food preservation...
- Cui L, Wu B, Zhu X, Guo X, Ge Y, Zhao K, et al. Identification and genetic characterization of a novel circular single-stranded DNA virus in a human upper respiratory tract sample. Arch Virol. 2017;162:3305-3312 pubmed publisher..0% and 48.9%, respectively). The host tropism of the virus is unknown, and further study is warranted to determine whether this novel virus is associated with human disease. ..
- Chen J, Wu Q, Xie Y, Si B, Yang P, Wang W, et al. TRAP1 ameliorates renal tubulointerstitial fibrosis in mice with unilateral ureteral obstruction by protecting renal tubular epithelial cell mitochondria. FASEB J. 2017;31:4503-4514 pubmed publisher..F., Wu, Q.-S., Xie, Y.-X., Si, B.-L., Yang, P.-P., Wang, W.-Y., Hua, Q., He, Q. TRAP1 ameliorates renal tubulointerstitial fibrosis in mice with unilateral ureteral obstruction by protecting renal tubular epithelial cell mitochondria. ..
- Xiong M, Zhu Z, Tian S, Zhu R, Bai S, Fu K, et al. Conditional ablation of Raptor in the male germline causes infertility due to meiotic arrest and impaired inactivation of sex chromosomes. FASEB J. 2017;31:3934-3949 pubmed publisher..Tian, S., Zhu, R., Bai, S., Fu, K., Davis, J. G., Sun, Z., Baur, J. A., Zheng, K., Ye, L. Conditional ablation of Raptor in the male germline causes infertility due to meiotic arrest and impaired inactivation of sex chromosomes. ..
- Fu G, Xu Q, Qiu Y, Jin X, Xu T, Dong S, et al. Suppression of Th17 cell differentiation by misshapen/NIK-related kinase MINK1. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1453-1469 pubmed publisher..The contribution of MINK1 to ROS-regulated Th17 cell differentiation may suggest an important mechanism for the development of autoimmune diseases influenced by antioxidant dietary supplements. ..
- Luo J, Wang Z, Huang J, Yao Y, Sun Q, Wang J, et al. HOXC13 promotes proliferation of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma via repressing transcription of CASP3. Cancer Sci. 2018;109:317-329 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that HOXC13, which is directly targeted by miR-503, promotes proliferation and inhibits apoptosis of ESCC through repressing transcription of CASP3. ..
- Cong Z, Wu H, Guo Z, Qin T, Xu Y, Jing H, et al. High expression of C-X-C chemokine receptor 4 and Notch1 is predictive of lymphovascular invasion and poor prognosis in lung adenocarcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317708698 pubmed publisher..In lung adenocarcinoma patients with high C-X-C chemokine receptor 4 and Notch1 expression, simultaneous inhibition of both factors might be an effective treatment strategy. ..
- Wang C, Qin N, Zhu M, Chen M, Xie K, Cheng Y, et al. Metabolome-wide association study identified the association between a circulating polyunsaturated fatty acids variant rs174548 and lung cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:1147-1154 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a diet-related risk factor and may have important implications for prevention on lung cancer...
- Zeng S, Duan L, Chen B, Li P, Liu E. Chemicalome and metabolome profiling of polymethoxylated flavonoids in Citri Reticulatae Pericarpium based on an integrated strategy combining background subtraction and modified mass defect filter in a Microsoft Excel Platform. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1508:106-120 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrated the feasibility of the integrated approach for reliable characterization of the constituents and metabolites in herbal medicines. ..
- Meng D, Xu G, He L, Zhang M, Lin D. What determines the preference for future living arrangements of middle-aged and older people in urban China?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180764 pubmed publisher..A relatively shorter length of residence in the same community was an important indicator of preference for independent living; this finding might require further research. ..
- Wang J, Tian F, Zheng H, Tian H, Wang P, Zhang L, et al. N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid-enriched lipid emulsion improves Paneth cell function via the IL-22/Stat3 pathway in a mouse model of total parenteral nutrition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:253-259 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study provides a cogent explanation for the beneficial effects of n-3 PUFAs, and indicates the IL-22/Stat3 pathway as a promising target in the treatment of TPN-related gut barrier damage. ..
- Chai F, Sun L, He X, Li J, Liu Y, Xiong F, et al. Doxorubicin-loaded poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) nanoparticles coated with chitosan/alginate by layer by layer technology for antitumor applications. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:1791-1802 pubmed publisher..17% and decreased toxicity, compared with DOX-PLGA NPs and DOX in solution. Thus, the presently formulated PLGA-polyelectrolyte NPs have strong potential applications for numerous controlled anticancer drug release applications. ..
- Gao L, Li X, Liu J, Wang X, Lu W, Bai L, et al. Incidence of active tuberculosis in individuals with latent tuberculosis infection in rural China: follow-up results of a population-based, multicentre, prospective cohort study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2017;17:1053-1061 pubmed publisher..National Science and Technology Major Project of China, Program for Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University of China, CAMS Innovation Fund for Medical Sciences, and Sanming Project of Medicine in Shenzhen. ..
- Diao W, Lu L, Li S, Chen J, Zen K, Li L. MicroRNA-125b-5p modulates the inflammatory state of macrophages via targeting B7-H4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:912-918 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated for the first time that miR-125b-5p could regulate the inflammatory state of macrophages via directly targeting B7-H4. ..
- Yuan T, Cong Y, Meng J, Qian H, Ye W, Sun W, et al. Arachidonic acid causes hidden blood loss-like red blood cell damage through oxidative stress reactions. J Surg Res. 2017;211:14-20 pubmed publisher..The study concluded that high concentrations of AA can induce oxidative stress reactions in the body, causing acute injury of RBCs, which is closely related to HBL. ..
- Liang W, Li Z, Wang Z, Zhou J, Song H, Xu S, et al. Periodic Mechanical Stress INDUCES Chondrocyte Proliferation and Matrix Synthesis via CaMKII-Mediated Pyk2 Signaling. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:383-396 pubmed publisher..Our results collectively indicate that periodic mechanical stress promotes chondrocyte proliferation and matrix synthesis through the integrin?1-CaMKII-Pyk2-ERK1/2 signaling cascade. ..
- Fu S, Hong H, Lu S, Hu C, Xu H, Li Q, et al. Genome-wide regulation of electro-acupuncture on the neural Stat5-loss-induced obese mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181948 pubmed publisher..This study provides, for the first time, insight into genomic networks of obesity and their modulation by electro-acupuncture, which in turn reveals potential mechanisms that explain acupuncture-induced weight-loss. ..
- Lu K, Li Y, Shi T, Yu F, Min S, Qiao L, et al. Changes in expression of Wnt signaling pathway inhibitors dickkopf-1 and sclerostin before and after total joint arthroplasty. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8082 pubmed publisher..Increased DKK1 and decreased SOST levels may help maintain the equilibrium of the WNT pathway in OA patient's postsurgery. ..
- Chen M, Yao Y, Yue M, Zang F, Liu M, Wang J, et al. Polymorphisms of chemokine receptor genes and clearance of hepatitis C virus infection in Chinese population. Gene. 2017;624:1-5 pubmed publisher..23, 95%CI: 1.26-3.95). These results suggest that CXCR6 rs2234358 is associated with spontaneous clearance of HCV and response to IFN-?/RBV therapy, which may be identified as a predictive marker in Chinese Han population of HCV. ..
- Liu W, He M, Wang Y, Wang Y, Zhou Y, Wu M, et al. Differences in health-related behaviors between middle school, high school, and college students in Jiangsu province, China. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:731-737 pubmed publisher..These findings can inform the development of measures to counteract the rise of obesity in China. ..
- Jia Y, Wang S, Zhu Y, Luo D. [Molecular genetic study of a family affected with punctate palmoplantar keratoderma]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2017;34:369-372 pubmed publisher..419delC in exons of the CELA1 gene was identified in all affected individuals but not among non-affected members. A heterozygous frameshift variant c.419delC in CELA1 gene probably underlies the disease in the family affected with PPPK. ..
- Zhao Y, Tian Y, Liu Z. New data on brown lacewing genus <i>Wesmaelius</i> Krüger, 1922 from China (Neuroptera, Hemerobiidae), with a key to Chinese species. Zootaxa. 2017;4273:19-30 pubmed publisher..The Wesmaelius helanensis Tian & Liu, 2011 is redescribed, with the first discovery of female in China. Updated keys to the adult males and females of the Wesmaelius from China are also provided. ..
- Qiao S, Wu W, Chen M, Tang Q, Xia Y, Jia W, et al. Seminal plasma metabolomics approach for the diagnosis of unexplained male infertility. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181115 pubmed publisher..By pathway enrichment analysis, we identified several major changed metabolic pathways related to UMI. Our findings provide new perspective for the diagnosis of UMI. ..
- Yuan Y, Yang H, Kong L, Li Y, Li P, Zhang H, et al. Interaction between rhein acyl glucuronide and methotrexate based on human organic anion transporters. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;277:79-84 pubmed publisher..The combination use of rhein, diacerein or other rhein-containing herbs with methotrexate may cause obvious drug-drug interaction and require close monitoring for potential drug interaction in clinical practice. ..
- Zhu M, Huang Z, Zhu D, Zhou X, Shan X, Qi L, et al. A panel of microRNA signature in serum for colorectal cancer diagnosis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:17081-17091 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the expression levels of the three miRNAs were significantly elevated in exosomes from CRC serum samples (n = 10). In conclusion, we identified a serum three-miRNA panel for the diagnosis of CRC. ..
- Deng L, Tang J, Yang H, Cheng C, Lu S, Jiang R, et al. MTA1 modulated by miR-30e contributes to epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma through an ErbB2-dependent pathway. Oncogene. 2017;36:3976-3985 pubmed publisher..In general, downregulation of miR-30e can increase levels of MTA1 in human HCC, and furthermore promote cell invasion and metastasis by promoting ErbB2. ..
- Shi Z, Zhen S, Zhou Y, Taylor A. Hb level, iron intake and mortality in Chinese adults: a 10-year follow-up study. Br J Nutr. 2017;117:572-581 pubmed publisher..Both low and high Hb levels are related to increased risk of all-cause mortality. Both low and high intake of Fe as percentage of RNI was positively associated with mortality in women. ..
- Ji W, Liu H, Jin Z, Wang A, Mu X, Qin X, et al. Disease burden and antimicrobial resistance of invasive group B streptococcus among infants in China: a protocol for a national prospective observational study. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:377 pubmed publisher..Surveillance of antimicrobial resistance will promote the rational use of antimicrobials. The study was retrospectively registered at http://clinicaltrials.gov on June 13, 2016. It was granted a registration number of "NCT02812576". ..
- Xie Z, Chen L, Wang F, Liu L, Zhang C, Wang K, et al. Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Is Involved in Nucleus Pulposus Degeneration and Attenuates Low pH-Induced Apoptosis of Rat Nucleus Pulposus Cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:627-637 pubmed publisher..4-PBA was used to alleviate ER stress, and it promoted acid-induced apoptosis of NPCs. ER stress is involved in NP natural degeneration and attenuates low-pH-induced apoptosis of NPCs. ..
- Han Z, Chen Z, Lan R, Di W, Li X, Yu H, et al. Sex-specific mortality differences in heart failure patients with ischemia receiving cardiac resynchronization therapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180513 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to determine other indications and the potential mechanisms that might be associated with sex-specific CRT outcomes. ..
- Li Z, Liu C, Xu X, Qiu Q, Su X, Dai Y, et al. Discovery of phenylsulfonyl acetic acid derivatives with improved efficacy and safety as potent free fatty acid receptor 1 agonists for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:458-479 pubmed publisher..Compared to the high risk of TAK-875 induced liver toxicity, there was no significant adverse effects such as hepatic and renal toxicity were observed in the chronic toxicity studies of compound 20 even at the higher dose. ..
- Zhang M, Dai X, Lu Y, Miao Y, Zhou C, Cui Z, et al. Melatonin protects oocyte quality from Bisphenol A-induced deterioration in the mouse. J Pineal Res. 2017;62: pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal that melatonin has a protective action against BPA-induced deterioration of oocyte quality in mice. ..
- Zhang Y, Li H, Wu H, Zong X, Zhu Z, Pan Y, et al. The 5th national survey on the physical growth and development of children in the nine cities of China: Anthropometric measurements of Chinese children under 7Â years in 2015. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2017;163:497-509 pubmed publisher..Urban-suburban difference of those measurements became smaller, while their regional difference persistently exist. Chinese healthy children under 7Â years in nine cities was taller and heavier than WHO standards. ..
- Dai X, Ge X, Yang J, Zhang T, Xie T, Gao W, et al. Increased incidence of prolonged ileus after colectomy for inflammatory bowel diseases under ERAS protocol: a cohort analysis. J Surg Res. 2017;212:86-93 pubmed publisher..Normalizing preoperative albumin level, weaning off steroids, reducing preoperative systemic inflammatory response syndrome, and early management of postoperative intraabdominal sepsis may reduce POI in IBD population. ..
- Tang Z, Chu L, Wang Y, Song Y, Liu P, Fan J, et al. Packed-Nanofiber solid phase extraction coupled with gas chromatography-mass spectrometry for the determination of phthalate esters in urines from children. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:342-348 pubmed publisher..Thus, the method seems to be a useful tool for monitoring of the level of urinary phthalate esters and also to support an evidence for further reasearch of obesity. ..
- Huang L, Rao C, van der Kuijp T, Bi J, Liu Y. A comparison of individual exposure, perception, and acceptable levels of PM2.5 with air pollution policy objectives in China. Environ Res. 2017;157:78-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, policymakers can utilize this study to develop more targeted measures to combat air pollution. ..
- Liu Y, Zhao G, Xu Y, He X, Li X, Chen H, et al. Multicenter Phase 2 Study of Peri-Irradiation Chemotherapy Plus Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy With Concurrent Weekly Docetaxel for Inoperable or Medically Unresectable Nonmetastatic Gastric Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:1096-1105 pubmed publisher..Common grade 3/4 toxicities during CCRT were nausea and vomiting. This regimen is tolerable and shows promising efficacy in inoperable or medically unresectable GC. ..
- Yang H, Cai P, Liu Q, Yang X, Li F, Wang J, et al. Design, synthesis and evaluation of coumarin-pargyline hybrids as novel dual inhibitors of monoamine oxidases and amyloid-? aggregation for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:715-728 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate that compound 4x was an effective and promising candidate for AD therapy. ..
- Li X, Yu P, Gao Y, Guo W, Wang J, Liu X, et al. Association between Plasma Metal Levels and Diabetes Risk: a Case-control Study in China. Biomed Environ Sci. 2017;30:482-491 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we aimed to explore the associations between the prevalence risk of type 2 diabetes and plasma levels of 20 trace elements as well as those of heavy metals in a Han Chinese population...
- Hao H, Cao L, Jiang C, Che Y, Zhang S, Takahashi S, et al. Farnesoid X Receptor Regulation of the NLRP3 Inflammasome Underlies Cholestasis-Associated Sepsis. Cell Metab. 2017;25:856-867.e5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that bile acids and FXR play pivotal roles in sepsis via controlling the NLRP3 inflammasome, and that targeting FXR may represent a therapeutic strategy for cholestasis-associated sepsis. ..