Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gossypium in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
- Chen D, Ding Y, Guo W, Zhang T. Molecular cloning and characterization of a flower-specific class III peroxidase gene in G. hirsutum. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:461-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the flower-specific expression of Ghpod, predominantly in pollen, suggested that the peroxidase is involved in the male reproductive processes of angiosperms...
- Liu K, Han M, Zhang C, Yao L, Sun J, Zhang T. Comparative proteomic analysis reveals the mechanisms governing cotton fiber differentiation and initiation. J Proteomics. 2012;75:845-56 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ROS homeostasis may be a central regulatory mechanism for cotton fiber morphogenesis and that post-transcriptional and post-translational regulation may be pivotal in this process. ..
- Wang Q, Liu F, Chen X, Ma X, Zeng H, Yang Z. Transcriptome profiling of early developing cotton fiber by deep-sequencing reveals significantly differential expression of genes in a fuzzless/lintless mutant. Genomics. 2010;96:369-76 pubmed publisher..Overall, the deep-sequencing analyses demonstrate the high degree of transcriptional complexity in early developing fibers and represent a major improvement over the microarrays for analyzing transcriptional changes on a large scale. ..
- Wang Y, Zheng M, Gao X, Zhou Z. Protein differential expression in the elongating cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) fiber under nitrogen stress. Sci China Life Sci. 2012;55:984-92 pubmed publisher..These results have identified some interesting proteins that can be further analyzed to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of N tolerance...
- Zhang B, Yang Y, Chen T, Yu W, Liu T, Li H, et al. Island cotton Gbve1 gene encoding a receptor-like protein confers resistance to both defoliating and non-defoliating isolates of Verticillium dahliae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51091 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the Gbve1 gene is responsible for resistance to V. dahliae in island cotton and can be used for breeding cotton varieties that are resistant to Verticillium wilt. ..
- Zheng M, Wang Y, Liu K, Shu H, Zhou Z. Protein expression changes during cotton fiber elongation in response to low temperature stress. J Plant Physiol. 2012;169:399-409 pubmed publisher..Moreover, low levels of PEPCase, expansin, and ethylene signaling proteins may potentially lead to the low temperature sensitivity of Sumian 15 at the proteomic level. ..
- Wang K, Yang Z, Shu C, Hu J, Lin Q, Zhang W, et al. Higher axial-resolution and sensitivity pachytene fluorescence in situ hybridization protocol in tetraploid cotton. Chromosome Res. 2009;17:1041-50 pubmed publisher..The application of our FISH protocol will continue to improve and provide a point of departure for constructing an integrated high axial-resolution cytogenetic map in cotton. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang G, Wang Y, Zhou Z, Meng Y, Chen B. Effect of soil salinity on physiological characteristics of functional leaves of cotton plants. J Plant Res. 2013;126:293-304 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that salt stress caused DBI reduction and decreased the photochemical conversion efficiency of solar radiation and, thereby resulting in lower net photosynthetic rates. ..
- Jiang F, Zhao J, Zhou L, Guo W, Zhang T. Molecular mapping of Verticillium wilt resistance QTL clustered on chromosomes D7 and D9 in upland cotton. Sci China C Life Sci. 2009;52:872-84 pubmed publisher..dahliae and nondefoliating isolates. The markers associated with resistance QTL may facilitate the use of Verticillium wilt resistance genes in improving breeding programs for cotton. ..
- Li C, Zhao M, Tang C, Li S. Population dynamics and identification of endophytic bacteria antagonistic toward plant-pathogenic fungi in cotton root. Microb Ecol. 2010;59:344-56 pubmed publisher..However, pectinase, cellulase, and xylanase activity were hardly detected. A germination experiment revealed that nine of the 39 BAEB isolates significantly improved the vigor index of the cotton seedlings. ..
- Zhang H, Wan Q, Ye W, Lv Y, Wu H, Zhang T. Genome-wide analysis of small RNA and novel microRNA discovery during fiber and seed initial development in Gossypium hirsutum. L. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69743 pubmed publisher..Some of the novel miRNAs and candidate target genes were validated by the Northern blot and rapid amplification of 5' cDNA ends (5' RACE). ..
- Qin H, Guo W, Zhang Y, Zhang T. QTL mapping of yield and fiber traits based on a four-way cross population in Gossypium hirsutum L. Theor Appl Genet. 2008;117:883-94 pubmed publisher..The results presented here will enhance the understanding of the genetic basis of yield and fiber quality traits and enable further marker-assisted selection in cultivar populations in upland cotton. ..
- Guo W, Cai C, Wang C, Zhao L, Wang L, Zhang T. A preliminary analysis of genome structure and composition in Gossypium hirsutum. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:314 pubmed publisher..This study provides us with the first glimpse of cotton genome complexity and serves as a foundation for tetraploid cotton whole genomesequencing in the future. ..
- Qian J, Wang F, Liu S, Yun Z. In situ alkaline transesterification of cottonseed oil for production of biodiesel and nontoxic cottonseed meal. Bioresour Technol. 2008;99:9009-12 pubmed publisher..The free and total gossypol contents in the cottonseed meal obtained from in situ alkaline transesterification were far below the FAO standard. And the nontoxic cottonseed meal could be used as animal protein feed resources. ..
- Liu K, Sun J, Yao L, Yuan Y. Transcriptome analysis reveals critical genes and key pathways for early cotton fiber elongation in Ligon lintless-1 mutant. Genomics. 2012;100:42-50 pubmed publisher..This work provides new insight into the mechanisms of fiber development, and offers novel genes as potential objects for genetic manipulation to achieve improvement of fiber properties. ..
- Zhao J, Gao Y, Zhang Z, Chen T, Guo W, Zhang T. A receptor-like kinase gene (GbRLK) from Gossypium barbadense enhances salinity and drought-stress tolerance in Arabidopsis. BMC Plant Biol. 2013;13:110 pubmed publisher..Here, we introduced an RLK gene (GbRLK) from cotton into Arabidopsis and investigated its role in imparting abiotic stress tolerance...
- Li X, Wei Q, Liu B, Alam M, Wang X, Shen W, et al. Root exudates of transgenic cotton and their effects on Fusarium oxysporum. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2013;18:725-33 pubmed..This result provides a scientific basis for the decline in disease resistance in transgenic insect-resistant cotton...
- Cai C, Tong X, Liu F, Lv F, Wang H, Zhang T, et al. Discovery and identification of a novel Ligon lintless-like mutant (Lix) similar to the Ligon lintless (Li1) in allotetraploid cotton. Theor Appl Genet. 2013;126:963-70 pubmed publisher..In turn, this will permit studies to elucidate the functional and evolutionary roles for these genes in cotton growth and development...
- Li X, Liu B. A 2-year field study shows little evidence that the long-term planting of transgenic insect-resistant cotton affects the community structure of soil nematodes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61670 pubmed publisher..This study provides a theoretical basis for ongoing environmental impact monitoring of transgenic plants. ..
- Wang K, Guo W, Zhang T. Detection and mapping of homologous and homoeologous segments in homoeologous groups of allotetraploid cotton by BAC-FISH. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:178 pubmed..These findings and the analysis method by BAC-FISH demonstrated the powerful nature and wide use for the genome and genome evolutionary researches in cotton and other polyploidy species. ..
- Xu Z, Liu J, Ni W, Peng Z, Guo Y, Ye W, et al. GrTEdb: the first web-based database of transposable elements in cotton (Gossypium raimondii). Database (Oxford). 2017;2017: pubmed publisher..http://www.grtedb.org/. ..
- Ma X, Ding Y, Zhou B, Guo W, Lv Y, Zhu X, et al. QTL mapping in A-genome diploid Asiatic cotton and their congruence analysis with AD-genome tetraploid cotton in genus Gossypium. J Genet Genomics. 2008;35:751-62 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that the negative correlation between fiber qualities and yield traits may result from either pleiotropic effect of one gene or linkage effects of multiple closely linked genes. ..
- Zhou Q, Wang Y, Xu N, Zhang C, Zhou Z, Chen B. [Effects of air temperature on enzyme activities of cotton plants related to saccharide metabolism of cotton fiber]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2009;20:149-56 pubmed..In this study, 23.3 degrees C was the optimal temperature for high strength fiber formation, and 23.3 degrees C - 25.5 degrees C was the optimal temperature for long length fiber formation. ..
- Wang H, Guo Y, Lv F, Zhu H, Wu S, Jiang Y, et al. The essential role of GhPEL gene, encoding a pectate lyase, in cell wall loosening by depolymerization of the de-esterified pectin during fiber elongation in cotton. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;72:397-406 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, the fiber elongation of all these transgenic lines was repressed. These results suggested that GhPEL may play an important role in the process of normal fiber elongation in cotton. ..
- Zhang H, Yin W, Zhao J, Jin L, Yang Y, Wu S, et al. Early warning of cotton bollworm resistance associated with intensive planting of Bt cotton in China. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22874 pubmed publisher..This early warning may spur proactive countermeasures, including a switch to transgenic cotton producing two or more toxins distinct from Cry1A toxins. ..
- Liu X, Gao X. Effect of reproductive mode on host plant utilization of melon aphid (Hemiptera: Aphididae). Environ Entomol. 2010;39:1878-83 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that the reproductive mode and feeding experience affected the performance of melon aphid to use a host plant. ..
- Wang P, Zhu Y, Song X, Cao Z, Ding Y, Liu B, et al. Inheritance of long staple fiber quality traits of Gossypium barbadense in G. hirsutum background using CSILs. Theor Appl Genet. 2012;124:1415-28 pubmed publisher..The CSILs developed and the analyses presented here will enhance the understanding of the genetics of fiber qualities in long staple G. barbadense and facilitate further molecular breeding to improve fiber quality in Upland cotton. ..
- Yang Y, Li Y, Wu Y. Current status of insecticide resistance in Helicoverpa armigera after 15 years of Bt cotton planting in China. J Econ Entomol. 2013;106:375-81 pubmed..Emamectin benzoate is not cross resistant to fenvalerate and may provide an alternative option for H. armigera control in China, if the efficacy of Bt cotton is compromised by Bt resistance in the field. ..
- Miao W, Song C, Wang Y, Wang J. HpaXm from Xanthomonas citri subsp. malvacearum is a novel harpin with two heptads for hypersensitive response. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;20:54-62 pubmed
- Wang K, Zhang W, Jiang Y, Zhang T. Systematic application of DNA fiber-FISH technique in cotton. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75674 pubmed publisher..The development and application of fiber-FISH technique will facilitate high-resolution physical mapping and further directed sequencing projects for cotton. ..
- Li C, Shi L, Han Q, Hu H, Zhao M, Tang C, et al. Biocontrol of verticillium wilt and colonization of cotton plants by an endophytic bacterial isolate. J Appl Microbiol. 2012;113:641-51 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we assessed the quantitative and qualitative colonization of HA02 in cotton seedlings. Our study provides basic information to further explore managing strategies to control this critical disease. ..
- Jiang J, Zhang T. Cloning and expression analysis of carboxyl-terminal protease cDNA from Gossypium hirsutum L. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2004;31:171-6 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis suggested that GhCtp was not a fiber-specific or -preferential gene, and had a low expression level in different tissues or developmental stages of cotton. ..
- Fang L, Wang Q, Hu Y, Jia Y, Chen J, Liu B, et al. Genomic analyses in cotton identify signatures of selection and loci associated with fiber quality and yield traits. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1089-1098 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a genomic basis for improving cotton cultivars and for further evolutionary analysis of polyploid crops. ..