Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Topic: cell proliferation
Publications299 found, 100 shown here
- Sun X, Li R, Sun X, Zhou Y, Wang Y, Liu X, et al. Unique roles of Schistosoma japonicum protein Sj16 to induce IFN-? and IL-10 producing CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells in vitro and in vivo. Parasite Immunol. 2012;34:430-9 pubmed publisher..Our study identified a new CD4(+)CD25(+) T-cell population that induced by rSj16 and suggests that an IFN-?-biased microenvironment during early infection of schistosome may favour the establishment of infection. ..
- Tao Y, Zhang M, Ma P, Sun J, Zhou W, Cao Y, et al. Triptolide inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis of human melanoma A375 cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:1611-5 pubmed..Taken together, the data indicate that triptolide inhibits A375 cells proliferation and induces apoptosis by a caspase-dependent pathway and through a NF-?B-mediated mechanism. ..
- Liu Z, Wang H, Liu J, Wang Z. MicroRNA-21 (miR-21) expression promotes growth, metastasis, and chemo- or radioresistance in non-small cell lung cancer cells by targeting PTEN. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;372:35-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide evidence to show the promotion role of miR-21 in NSCLC development through modulation of the PTEN signaling pathway. ..
- Xu W, Chen G, Shao Y, Li X, Xu H, Zhang H, et al. Gastrin acting on the cholecystokinin2 receptor induces cyclooxygenase-2 expression through JAK2/STAT3/PI3K/Akt pathway in human gastric cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2013;332:11-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CCK2R-mediated COX-2 up-regulation via JAK2/STAT3/PI3K/Akt pathway is involved in the proliferative effect of G17 on human gastric cancer cells. ..
- Wang J, Wang X, Song Y, Zhu C, Wang J, Wang K, et al. Detecting and delivering platinum anticancer drugs using fluorescent maghemite nanoparticles. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013;49:2786-8 pubmed publisher..Rhodamine-embedded maghemite nanoparticles could act as fluorescent drug carriers to track and transport platinum anticancer drugs simultaneously. ..
- Chen C, Hou J, Lin Z, Yao M, Jiang R, Wang Y, et al. A bystander cell-based GM-CSF secreting vaccine synergized with a low dose of cyclophosphamide presents therapeutic immune responses against murine hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Mol Immunol. 2013;10:349-59 pubmed publisher..The promising outcome of the anti-HCC vaccine in the murine model demonstrates the feasibility of a future clinical application for this treatment in HCC patients. ..
- Cheng W, Wang L, Yang B, Zhang R, Yao C, He L, et al. Self-renewal and differentiation of muscle satellite cells are regulated by the Fas-associated death domain. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:5040-50 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these data indicate that FADD regulates the fate determination of cycling SCs. ..
- Qiu H, Wang P, Li Z, Ma J, Wang X, Yang Y, et al. Synthesis of dihydropyrazole sulphonamide derivatives that act as anti-cancer agents through COX-2 inhibition. Pharmacol Res. 2016;104:86-96 pubmed publisher..The morphological variation of treated cells was also visualized by confocal microscopy. Overall, the biological profile of 4d suggests that this compound may be developed as a potential anticancer agent. ..
- Luo F, Sun B, Li H, Xu Y, Liu Y, Liu X, et al. A MALAT1/HIF-2Î± feedback loop contributes to arsenite carcinogenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:5769-87 pubmed publisher..Our results not only confirm a novel mechanism involving reciprocal regulation between MALAT1 and HIF-2Î±, but also expand the understanding of the carcinogenic potential of arsenite. ..
- Tang X, Zheng W, Ding M, Guo K, Yuan F, Feng H, et al. miR-125b acts as a tumor suppressor in chondrosarcoma cells by the sensitization to doxorubicin through direct targeting the ErbB2-regulated glucose metabolism. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2016;10:571-83 pubmed publisher..Our study will provide a novel aspect on the overcoming chemoresistance in human chondrosarcoma cells and may help in the development of therapeutic strategies for the treatments of patients. ..
- Jian K, Zhang C, Shang Z, Yang L, Kong L. Eucalrobusone C suppresses cell proliferation and induces ROS-dependent mitochondrial apoptosis via the p38 MAPK pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Phytomedicine. 2017;25:71-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that EC induces mitochondrial-dependent apoptosis in HCC cells through ROS generation and p38 MAPK activation, making EC a promising candidate for further development as an anticancer agent for HCC cells. ..
- Dou J, Wen P, Hu W, Li Y, Wu Y, Liu C, et al. Identifying tumor stem-like cells in mouse melanoma cell lines by analyzing the characteristics of side population cells. Cell Biol Int. 2009;33:807-15 pubmed publisher..We conclude that there were a few of SP cells that had the characteristics of tumor stem-like cells which may provide a useful tool and a readily accessible source for further study when specific TSCs markers are unknown...
- Jiang Z, Hua H. [Progress on prevention and treatment of Chinese medicine to molecular mechanism of liver cancer]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2009;34:1310-3 pubmed
- Du J, Sun C, Hu Z, Yang Y, Zhu Y, Zheng D, et al. Lysophosphatidic acid induces MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells migration through activation of PI3K/PAK1/ERK signaling. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15940 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide a basis for designing future therapeutic strategy for blocking breast cancer metastasis. ..
- Wang S, Guo Y, Yuan Y, Li L, Li F, Ye K, et al. PPAR?-mediated advanced glycation end products regulate neural stem cell proliferation but not neural differentiation through the BDNF-CREB pathway. Toxicol Lett. 2011;206:339-46 pubmed publisher..There was no significant difference between NSCs and PPAR?-silenced NSCs in the presence of AGE-BSA. PPAR? plays roles in the AGE-mediated regulation of NSC proliferation but not neural differentiation through the BDNF-CREB pathway. ..
- Huang S, Chen M, Shen Y, Shen W, Guo H, Gao Q, et al. Inhibition of activated Stat3 reverses drug resistance to chemotherapeutic agents in gastric cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2012;315:198-205 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data supported the hypothesis that interruption of Stat3 signaling could reverse resistance to chemotherapy agents in human gastric cancer cells. ..
- Zhu C, Shao P, Bao M, Li P, Zhou H, Cai H, et al. miR-154 inhibits prostate cancer cell proliferation by targeting CCND2. Urol Oncol. 2014;32:31.e9-16 pubmed publisher..miR-154 plays a prominent role in CaP proliferation by suppressing CCND2, and it may provide a new approach to the treatment of CaP. ..
- Sun W, Zhao R, Yang Y, Wang H, Shao Y, Kong X. Comparative study of human aortic and mitral valve interstitial cell gene expression and cellular function. Genomics. 2013;101:326-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal differences in the transcription profiles and cellular functions of hAVICs and hMVICs. ..
- Mu X, Lin S, Yang J, Chen C, Chen Y, Herzig M, et al. TGF-? signaling is often attenuated during hepatotumorigenesis, but is retained for the malignancy of hepatocellular carcinoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63436 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Smad4 can mediate both growth inhibitory activity induced by exogenous TGF-? and the survival activity induced by autocrine TGF-? revealing a delicate selection of the two opposing activities of TGF-? during HCC evolution. ..
- Chen D, Liu J, Rui B, Gao M, Zhao N, Sun S, et al. GSTpi protects against angiotensin II-induced proliferation and migration of vascular smooth muscle cells by preventing signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 activation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:454-63 pubmed publisher..GSTpi acts as a negative regulator to prevent Ang II-triggered proliferative signaling in VSMCs, suggesting that it may protect vessels against the stresses associated with atherosclerosis formation. ..
- Yu X, Zhao R, Lin S, Bai X, Zhang L, Yuan S, et al. CXCL16 induces angiogenesis in autocrine signaling pathway involving hypoxia-inducible factor 1Î± in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:1557-65 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CXCL16 induces angiogenesis in autocrine manner via ERK, Akt, p38 pathways and HIF-1Î± modulation. ..
- Xu Y, Li L, Li J, Liu Q. Structural and biological function of NYD-SP15 as a new member of cytidine deaminases. Gene. 2016;583:36-47 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NYD-SP15 gene over-expression reduced the cells growth and blocked G1 to S phase, which implied a potential inhibition effect on cell growth. ..
- Cai Y, Zhang J, Li Z. Multi-scale mathematical modelling of tumour growth and microenvironments in anti-angiogenic therapy. Biomed Eng Online. 2016;15:155 pubmed publisher..The proposed model not only can predict detailed information of chemicals distribution and vessel remodelling, but also has the potential to specific anti-angiogenic drugs by modifying certain functional modules. ..
- Wu X, Liu P, Zhang H, Li Y, Salmani J, Wang F, et al. Wogonin as a targeted therapeutic agent for EBV (+) lymphoma cells involved in LMP1/NF-ÎºB/miR-155/PU.1 pathway. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:147 pubmed publisher..Taken these findings, we concluded that wogonin could be a potential targeted therapeutic agent for EBV-positive lymphoma with the expression of LMP1 through the pathway of LMP1/NF-ÎºB/miR-155/PU.1. ..
- Chen C, Xue S, Zhang J, Chen W, Gong D, Zheng J, et al. DNA-methylation-mediated repression of miR-766-3p promotes cell proliferation via targeting SF2 expression in renal cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1867-1878 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study presents a road map for the prediction and validation of miR-766-3p/SF2 axis and thus imparts a therapeutic way for further RCC progression. ..
- Sun H, Xu X, Xu L, Song L, Hong X, Chen J, et al. Antiandrogenic activity of pyrethroid pesticides and their metabolite in reporter gene assay. Chemosphere. 2007;66:474-9 pubmed..In conclusion, pyrethroid pesticides can act as antiandrogen in vitro, and metabolizing to 3-PBA cannot eliminate the antagonist activity. This result provides useful information for risk assessment of pyrethroid pesticides. ..
- Wang Y, Yan T, Wang Q, Wang W, Xu J, Wu X, et al. PKC-dependent extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 pathway is involved in the inhibition of Ib on AngiotensinII-induced proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;375:151-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the suppression of Ib on AngII-induced VSMC proliferation may be attributed to its inhibitory effect on PKC-dependent ERK1/2 pathway. ..
- Gao L, Zhang Y, Qiu W, Xu W, Feng X, Ren J, et al. Effects of PI3-k/Akt short hairpin RNA on proliferation, fibronectin production and synthesis of thrombospondin-1 and transforming growth factor-beta1 in glomerular mesangial cells induced by sublytic C5b-9 complexes. Cell Prolif. 2009;42:83-93 pubmed publisher..The PI3-k/Akt signal pathway in these reactions, mediated by sublytic C5b-9 complexes, may play at least a partial role. ..
- Jiang X, Zhang Y, Hou D, Zhu L, Xu W, Ding L, et al. 17beta-estradiol inhibits oleic acid-induced rat VSMC proliferation and migration by restoring PGC-1alpha expression. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;315:74-80 pubmed publisher..This observation offers a novel molecular basis of the vasoprotective effect of estrogen. ..
- Zhao Z, Wu Q, Cheng J, Qiu X, Zhang J, Fan H. Depletion of DNMT3A suppressed cell proliferation and restored PTEN in hepatocellular carcinoma cell. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010;2010:737535 pubmed publisher..Demethylation of PTEN promoter was observed in DNMT3A-depleted cells implying that DNMT3A silenced PTEN via DNA methylation. These results provide insights into the mechanisms of DNMT3A to regulate TSGs by an epigenetic approach in HCC. ..
- Tao J, Lu Q, Wu D, Li P, Xu B, Qing W, et al. microRNA-21 modulates cell proliferation and sensitivity to doxorubicin in bladder cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2011;25:1721-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the miR-21 induced BCL-2 up-regulation could be cancelled by the PI3K inhibitor LY294002. These data verified the oncogenic role of miR-21 in TCCs and may usher in new therapeutic strategies in treating this disease. ..
- Yin R, Zhang S, Wu Y, Fan X, Jiang F, Zhang Z, et al. microRNA-145 suppresses lung adenocarcinoma-initiating cell proliferation by targeting OCT4. Oncol Rep. 2011;25:1747-54 pubmed publisher..We, therefore, confirmed that miR-145 can impair the proliferation of human lung adenocarcinoma-initiating cells by targeting OCT4 and leads to inhibition of lung cancer development. ..
- Xia G, Chen B, Ding J, Gao C, Lu H, Shao Z, et al. Effect of magnetic Fe3O4 nanoparticles with 2-methoxyestradiol on the cell-cycle progression and apoptosis of myelodysplastic syndrome cells. Int J Nanomedicine. 2011;6:1921-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the unique properties of MNPs-Fe(3)O(4) as a carrier for 2ME, a new anticancer agent currently in clinical trials, may be a logical strategy to enhance the therapeutic activity of MDS. ..
- Shi A, Gu N, Liu X, Wang X, Peng Y. Ginsenoside Rg1 enhances endothelial progenitor cell angiogenic potency and prevents senescence in vitro. J Int Med Res. 2011;39:1306-18 pubmed..Galactosidase and telomerase activities increased. These results support the view that ginsenoside Rg1 induces EPC proliferation and angiogenesis, and inhibits EPC senescence. ..
- Zhu Y, Chen X, Wu Z, Zheng Y, Chen Y, Tang W, et al. Synthesis and antitumor activity of novel diaryl ether hydroxamic acids derivatives as potential HDAC inhibitors. Arch Pharm Res. 2012;35:1723-32 pubmed publisher..The structures of these new hydroxamic acids derivatives were confirmed by IR, (1)H-NMR and mass spectrum. Some of these compounds showed micro molar activity in the HDAC inhibitory assay and against four cancer cell lines. ..
- Zhu C, Li J, Ding Q, Cheng G, Zhou H, Tao L, et al. miR-152 controls migration and invasive potential by targeting TGF? in prostate cancer cell lines. Prostate. 2013;73:1082-9 pubmed publisher..TGF? is a direct target gene of miR-152. Our findings suggest that miR-152 can act as a tumor suppressor that targets TGF?. miR-152 is a promising molecular target that inhibits PCa cell migration and invasion. ..
- Chen G, Shen Z, Wang L, Lv C, Huang X, Zhou R. Hsa-miR-181a-5p expression and effects on cell proliferation in gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:3871-5 pubmed..05). Enforced expression of miR-181a -5p promoted cell proliferation ability. This study suggested that increased miR-181a-5p is related to GC progression. MiR-181a-5p may represent a potential therapeutic target for GC. ..
- Zhou B, Li T, Liu Y, Zhu N. Promoting effects on the proliferation and metastasis of ACC tumor cell with XAGE-1b overexpression. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:2323-35 pubmed publisher..XAGE-1b gene was able to influence angiogenesis directly or indirectly, leading to tumorigenesis and metastasis of ACC. ..
- Li Q, Fu G, Zheng J, He J, Niu X, Chen Q, et al. NADPH oxidase subunit p22(phox)-mediated reactive oxygen species contribute to angiogenesis and tumor growth through AKT and ERK1/2 signaling pathways in prostate cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:3375-3385 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a new function of p22(phox) in tumor angiogenesis and tumor growth, and suggest that p22(phox) is a potential novel target for prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Cai S, Liu A, He H, Chen Q, Yang Y, Guo F, et al. Stable genetic alterations of ?-catenin and ROR2 regulate the Wnt pathway, affect the fate of MSCs. J Cell Physiol. 2014;229:791-800 pubmed publisher..This study provides a method to investigate the effects of the Wnt pathway on the fate of mMSCs in vivo and for the further improvement of MSC-based therapies. ..
- Wen W, Liu W, Shao Y, Chen L. VER-155008, a small molecule inhibitor of HSP70 with potent anti-cancer activity on lung cancer cell lines. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2014;239:638-45 pubmed publisher..These data provide proof-of-principle that VER-155008 can be a good candidate for NSCLC treatment and HSP machinery is a good target for developing NSCLC therapeutics. ..
- Wang L, Song G, Liu M, Chen B, Chen Y, Shen Y, et al. MicroRNA-375 overexpression influences P19 cell proliferation, apoptosis and differentiation through the Notch signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:47-55 pubmed publisher..The present findings contribute to the understanding of the mechanisms of congenital heart disease and facilitate the development of new gene therapies. ..
- Shi J, Lei M, Wu W, Feng H, Wang J, Chen S, et al. Design, synthesis and docking studies of novel dipeptidyl boronic acid proteasome inhibitors constructed from Î±Î±- and Î±Î²-amino acids. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1958-62 pubmed publisher..Molecular docking studies displayed that 22 fitted very well in the Î²5 subunit active pocket of proteasome. ..
- Hu J, Song W, Zhang S, Shen X, Qiu X, Wu H, et al. HBx-upregulated lncRNA UCA1 promotes cell growth and tumorigenesis by recruiting EZH2 and repressing p27Kip1/CDK2 signaling. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23521 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate an important mechanism of hepatocarcinogenesis through the signaling of HBx-UCA1/EZH2-p27Kip1 axis, and a potential target of HCC. ..
- Zhu B, Gong Y, Yan G, Wang D, Wang Q, Qiao Y, et al. Atorvastatin treatment modulates p16 promoter methylation to regulate p16 expression. FEBS J. 2017;284:1868-1881 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrated that atorvastatin inhibits neointima formation through inducing p16 expression by affecting DNA methylation in the p16 promoter region. ..
- Wang L, Li L, Zhou Z, Jiang Z, You Q, Xu X. Structure-based virtual screening and optimization of modulators targeting Hsp90-Cdc37 interaction. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;136:63-73 pubmed publisher..All the data suggest that compound 10 exhibits moderate inhibitory effect on Hsp90-Cdc37 and could be regard as a first evidence of a non-natural compound targeting Hsp90-Cdc37 PPI. ..
- Wang C, Zhou X, Li W, Li M, Tu T, Ba X, et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor promotes osteosarcoma growth and lung metastasis through activating the RAS/MAPK pathway. Cancer Lett. 2017;403:271-279 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that immunotherapy targeting MIF to block the RAS/MAPK kinase cascade may represent a feasible and promising approach for OS treatment. ..
- Jin H, Chen L, Wang S, Chao D. Portulaca oleracea extract can inhibit nodule formation of colon cancer stem cells by regulating gene expression of the Notch signal transduction pathway. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317708699 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it inhibits the expression of the Notch1 and ?-catenin genes. Taken together, this suggests that it may elicit its effects through regulatory and target genes that mediate the Notch signal transduction pathway. ..
- Wang L, Gou S, Chen Y, Liu Y. Potential new antitumor agents from an innovative combination of camphorato, a ramification of traditional Chinese medicine, with a platinum moiety. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005;15:3417-22 pubmed..One complex exhibited not only higher in vivo antitumor activity, but also less toxicity than oxaliplatin when it was administered intravenously at a dose of 6 mg/kg three times. ..
- Sun B, Chen M, Hawks C, Hornsby P, Wang X. Tumorigenic study on hepatocytes coexpressing SV40 with Ras. Mol Carcinog. 2006;45:213-9 pubmed
- Yao N, Gu X, Li Y. [Effects of three C21 steroidal saponins from Cynanchum auriculatum on cell growth and cell cycle of human lung cancer A549 cells]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2009;34:1418-21 pubmed..05, P < 0.01). Three C21 steroidal saponins could inhibit the proliferation of A549 cells in dose-dependent manner and the mechanism may be related to its arresting the cell cycle. ..
- Chen X, Cheng L, Jia X, Zeng Y, Yao S, Lv Z, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat accelerates Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus Kaposin A-mediated tumorigenesis of transformed fibroblasts in vitro as well as in nude and immunocompetent mice. Neoplasia. 2009;11:1272-84 pubmed
- Chen W, Zhang W, Shen W, Wang K. Effects of the acid polysaccharide fraction isolated from a cultivated Cordyceps sinensis on macrophages in vitro. Cell Immunol. 2010;262:69-74 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Western blotting demonstrated that NF-kappaB levels in nucleuses increased after APSF treatment, suggesting that APSF probably stimulated macrophage activities by activating the IkappaB-NF-kappaB pathway...
- Xu Q, Qiu L, Zhu L, Luo L, Xu C. Levonorgestrel inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in uterine leiomyoma cells. Contraception. 2010;82:301-8 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that LNG may suppress the proliferation and induce apoptosis of the uterine leiomyoma cells. ..
- Wang J, Liu K, Shen L, Wu H, Jing H. Small interfering RNA to c-myc inhibits vein graft restenosis in a rat vein graft model. J Surg Res. 2011;169:e85-91 pubmed publisher..In vivo, the c-myc siRNA treatment reduced intimal hyperplasia by 75%. Our data suggested that c-myc siRNA, when given immediately after the surgery, is an effective approach for the prevention of vein graft restenosis. ..
- Tu Z, Li H, Ma Y, Tang B, Tian J, Akers W, et al. The enhanced antiproliferative response to combined treatment of trichostatin A with raloxifene in MCF-7 breast cancer cells and its relevance to estrogen receptor ? expression. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;366:111-22 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that the interference of ER? on the antiproliferative effects of HDAC inhibitor and antiestrogen constitutes a promising approach for breast cancer treatment. ..
- Zhang J, Li H, Wang X, Qi H, Miao X, Zhang T, et al. Phage-derived fully human antibody scFv fragment directed against human vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 blocked its interaction with VEGF. Biotechnol Prog. 2012;28:981-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that we have successfully isolated a scFv which differentially recognizes KDR3 and has potential clinical applications in the treatment of angiogenesis related diseases. ..
- Lv L, Chen H, Soroka D, Chen X, Leung T, Sang S. 6-gingerdiols as the major metabolites of 6-gingerol in cancer cells and in mice and their cytotoxic effects on human cancer cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:11372-7 pubmed publisher..Both metabolites induced cytotoxicity in cancer cells after 24 h, with M1 having a comparable effect to 6-gingerol in H-1299 cells. ..
- Ju J, Qi Z, Cai X, Cao P, Liu N, Wang S, et al. Toosendanin induces apoptosis through suppression of JNK signaling pathway in HL-60 cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2013;27:232-8 pubmed publisher..Western blot analysis indicated that TSN inhibits the CDC42/MEKK1/JNK pathway. Taken together, our study suggested, for the first time, that the pro-apoptotic effects of TSN on HL-60 cells were mediated through JNK signaling pathway. ..
- Tao L, Fan F, Liu Y, Li W, Zhang L, Ruan J, et al. Concerted suppression of STAT3 and GSK3? is involved in growth inhibition of non-small cell lung cancer by Xanthatin. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81945 pubmed publisher..Thus, the discovery of xanthatin, which has ability to simultaneously orchestrate two independent signaling cascades, may have important implications for screening promising drugs in cancer therapies. ..
- Wang L, Li W, Yang Y, Hu Y, Gu Y, Shu Y, et al. High expression of sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase 2b blocks cell differentiation in human liposarcoma cells. Life Sci. 2014;99:37-43 pubmed publisher..The results revealed a novel role of SERCA2b in facilitating the blockade of human liposarcoma differentiation, which helps provide a molecular target for therapeutic interventions of human liposarcoma. ..
- Xia R, Jin F, Lu K, Wan L, Xie M, Xu T, et al. SUZ12 promotes gastric cancer cell proliferation and metastasis by regulating KLF2 and E-cadherin. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:5341-51 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of SUZ12 was found to play a key role in gastric cancer cell proliferation and metastasis through the regulation of EMT and KLF2 expression. ..
- Peng W, Feng J. Long noncoding RNA LUNAR1 associates with cell proliferation and predicts a poor prognosis in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;77:65-71 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate that LUNAR1 may serve as a candidate prognostic biomarker through growth regulation in DLBCL. ..
- Tong X, Khandelwal A, Wu X, Xu Z, Yu W, Chen C, et al. Pro-atherogenic role of smooth muscle Nox4-based NADPH oxidase. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;92:30-40 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of smooth muscle Nox4 inhibits atherosclerosis by suppressing sEH, which, at least in part, accounts for inhibition of SMC proliferation, migration and inflammation. ..
- Zhang L, Yang C, Chen S, Wang G, Shi B, Tao X, et al. Long Noncoding RNA DANCR Is a Positive Regulator of Proliferation and Chondrogenic Differentiation in Human Synovium-Derived Stem Cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:136-142 pubmed publisher..Our growing knowledge of the role of DANCR is pointing toward its potential use as a novel therapeutic approach for cartilage damage and diseases. ..
- Ding X, Li J, Wang K, Wu Z, Yao A, Jiao C, et al. Effects of silencing annexin A5 on proliferation and invasion of human cholangiocarcinoma cell line. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:1477-1488 pubmed..Inhibiting the expression of ANXA5 significantly reduce the proliferation, migration and invasion ability of QBC939 cells, and increase the apoptosis of QBC939 cells. ..
- Luo G, Chen M, Lyu W, Zhao R, Xu Q, You Q, et al. Design, synthesis, biological evaluation and molecular docking studies of novel 3-aryl-4-anilino-2H-chromen-2-one derivatives targeting ER? as anti-breast cancer agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:2668-2673 pubmed publisher..All these results together with the structure-activity relationships (SARs) indicated that these 3-aryl-4-anilino-2H-chromen-2-one derivatives with basic side chain could serve as promising leads for further optimization as novel SERMs. ..
- Yang F, Li X. [Research progress of neuregulin 4 biological function]. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2017;69:351-356 pubmed
- Wang J, Li Y, Ma F, Zhou H, Ding R, Lu B, et al. Inhibitory effect of Par-4 combined with cisplatin on human Wilms' tumor cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317716689 pubmed publisher..Thus, in vitro and in vivo upregulation of Par-4 expression is indispensable for the trafficking of GRP78 to the cell membrane and subsequent apoptosis of cancer cells. ..
- Luo J, Wang Z, Huang J, Yao Y, Sun Q, Wang J, et al. HOXC13 promotes proliferation of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma via repressing transcription of CASP3. Cancer Sci. 2018;109:317-329 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that HOXC13, which is directly targeted by miR-503, promotes proliferation and inhibits apoptosis of ESCC through repressing transcription of CASP3. ..
- Peng H, Zhang Y, Han Y, Wang M. [Studies on the anticancer effects of total alkaloid from Viscum coloratum]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2005;30:381-2, 387 pubmed..To study the anticancer effects of total alkaloid from Viscum coloratum in vivo and vitro...
- Wu S, Wu X, Liao P, Dong L. Signal transduction involved in protective effects of 15(R/S)-methyl- lipoxin A(4) on mesangioproliferative nephritis in rats. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2007;76:173-80 pubmed..1 antibodies. Protective effects of 15(R/S)-methyl-LXA(4) on nephritis induced by anti-Thy1.1 antibodies were related to PI3-K/Akt(1)/p27(kip1)/cyclin pathway, STAT(3) and NF-kappaB pathway-dependent signal transduction. ..
- Yang P, He X, Peng L, Li A, Wang X, Zhou J, et al. The role of oxidative stress in hormesis induced by sodium arsenite in human embryo lung fibroblast (HELF) cellular proliferation model. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007;70:976-83 pubmed..In contrast, sodium arsenite at high concentrations produced marked ROS formation, marked oxidative stress, and cellular damage, as evidenced by LPO. ..
- Zhu Y, Zhang S, Xie W, Li Q, Zhou Y, Wang H. Iptakalim inhibited endothelin-1-induced proliferation of human pulmonary arterial smooth muscle cells through the activation of K(ATP) channel. Vascul Pharmacol. 2008;48:92-9 pubmed publisher..This study provides further evidence that iptakalim may serve as another candidate drug to treat pulmonary hypertension...
- Bai X, Jiang H, Ding J, Peng T, Ma J, Wang Y, et al. Prostaglandin E2 upregulates survivin expression via the EP1 receptor in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Life Sci. 2010;86:214-23 pubmed publisher..Targeting the PGE(2)/EP1/survivin signaling pathway may aid the development of new therapeutic strategies for both the prevention and treatment of this cancer. ..
- Guo L, Wang D, Hu Y, Zhao X, Wang Y, Yang S, et al. Adjuvanticity of compound polysaccharides on chickens against Newcastle disease and avian influenza vaccine. Int J Biol Macromol. 2012;50:512-7 pubmed publisher..It was observed ND or AI antibody titers and lymphocyte proliferation were enhanced at 100 mg/kg of APS-sEPS. In conclusion, appropriate dose of APS-sEPS may be a safe and efficacious immune stimulator candidate suitable for vaccines...
- Wei Y, Hu Q, Gu C, Wang Y, Han Z, Cai B. Up-regulation of NICE-3 as a novel EDC gene could contribute to human hepatocellular carcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:4363-8 pubmed..All data of our findings indicate that NICE-3 may contribute to human hepatocellular carcinoma by promoting cell proliferation. ..
- An Y, Cai B, Chen J, Lv N, Yao J, Xue X, et al. MAP3K10 promotes the proliferation and decreases the sensitivity of pancreatic cancer cells to gemcitabine by upregulating Gli-1 and Gli-2. Cancer Lett. 2013;329:228-35 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that targeting MAP3K10 is a potential strategy for the development of alternative therapies for pancreatic cancers. ..
- Lv M, Mou Y, Wang P, Chen Y, Wang T, Hou Y. Diagnostic and predictive role of cell-free midkine in malignant pleural effusions. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2013;139:543-9 pubmed publisher..72, P < 0.01). Measurement of cell-free MK mRNA levels in effusion supernatant yields a high diagnostic accuracy and a potential predictive value. ..
- Wang L, Chen J, Xie H, Ju X, Liu R. Phytochemical profiles and antioxidant activity of adlay varieties. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:5103-13 pubmed publisher..Knowing the phytochemical profiles and antioxidant activity of adlay gives insights to its potential application to promote health. ..
- Wu J, Liu J, Jia R, Song H. Nur77 inhibits androgen-induced bladder cancer growth. Cancer Invest. 2013;31:654-60 pubmed publisher..These data provide a good proof-of-principle that Nur77 signaling machinery could be a new target for growth control of androgen-dependent bladder cancer cells. ..
- Li X, Li T, Chen D, Zhang P, Song Y, Zhu H, et al. Overexpression of lysine-specific demethylase 1 promotes androgen-independent transition of human prostate cancer LNCaP cells through activation of the AR signaling pathway and suppression of the p53 signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:584-92 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed that overexpression of LSD1 promoted AI transition of PCa LNCaP cells under androgen-ablated conditions via activation of the AR signaling pathway and suppression of the p53 signaling pathway. ..