Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on apoptosis in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Publications629 found, 100 shown here
- Liu L, Chen B, Qin S, Li S, He X, Qiu S, et al. A novel histone deacetylase inhibitor Chidamide induces apoptosis of human colon cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;392:190-5 pubmed publisher..Our data support the potential application of Chidamide as an anticancer agent in treating colon cancer. Future studies are needed to demonstrate its in vivo efficacy. ..
- Li C, Qi Q, Lu N, Dai Q, Li F, Wang X, et al. Gambogic acid promotes apoptosis and resistance to metastatic potential in MDA-MB-231 human breast carcinoma cells. Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;90:718-30 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data provide further support for the multiple effects of GA on human breast cancer cells, as well as for its potential application to inhibit tumor growth and prevent metastasis in human cancers. ..
- Wang X, Ying P, Diao F, Wang Q, Ye D, Jiang C, et al. Altered protein prenylation in Sertoli cells is associated with adult infertility resulting from childhood mumps infection. J Exp Med. 2013;210:1559-74 pubmed publisher..Notably, this defect could be rescued by GGPP administration in EMCV-challenged mice. Our results suggest a novel mechanism by which mumps infection during childhood results in adult sterility. ..
- Wang X, Sun Q, Chen C, Yin R, Huang X, Wang X, et al. ZYG11A serves as an oncogene in non-small cell lung cancer and influences CCNE1 expression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8029-42 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that ZYG11A may serve as a novel oncogene promoting tumorigenicity of NSCLC cells by inducing cell cycle alterations and increasing CCNE1 expression. ..
- Zhang L, Tao L, Ruan J, Li W, Wu Y, Yan L, et al. Xanthatin induces G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human gastric carcinoma MKN-45 cells. Planta Med. 2012;78:890-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that xanthatin may have therapeutic potential against human gastric carcinoma. ..
- Liu S, Zhang Z, Zhou S, Jiang L, Zhu J. An electrochemical-TUNEL method for sensitive detection of apoptotic cells. Analyst. 2016;141:567-9 pubmed publisher..By coupling with a QD-based nanoprobe and electrochemical stripping analysis, the cytosensor exhibited attractive performance for detection of apoptotic cells. ..
- Liang C, Wang X, Hu J, Lian X, Zhu T, Zhang H, et al. PTPRO Promotes Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein Induced Oxidative Stress and Cell Apoptosis through Toll-Like Receptor 4/Nuclear Factor κB Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:495-505 pubmed publisher..PTPRO plays ital roles in AS via promoting ox-LDL induced oxidative stress and cell apoptosis through TLR4/NF-κB pathway. ..
- Gu H, You Q, Liu W, Yang Y, Zhao L, Qi Q, et al. Gambogic acid induced tumor cell apoptosis by T lymphocyte activation in H22 transplanted mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2008;8:1493-502 pubmed publisher..In summary, this report demonstrated, for the first time, that GA mainly activates T lymphocytes to induce cancer cell apoptosis in H22 transplanted mice...
- Wang Z, Jiang Y, Liu N, Ren L, Zhu Y, An Y, et al. Advanced glycation end-product N?-carboxymethyl-Lysine accelerates progression of atherosclerotic calcification in diabetes. Atherosclerosis. 2012;221:387-96 pubmed publisher..The CML/RAGE axis may play an important role in atherosclerotic calcification of diabetes through the mechanism that induces the apoptosis of macrophages followed by the osteogenic differentiation of aortic smooth muscle cells. ..
- Yao C, Wei J, Wang Z, Ding H, Li D, Yan S, et al. Perifosine induces cell apoptosis in human osteosarcoma cells: new implication for osteosarcoma therapy?. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2013;65:217-27 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that a low dose of perifosine enhanced etoposide- or doxorubicin-induced anti-OS cells activity. The results together suggest that perifosine might be used as a novel and effective anti-osteosarcoma agent...
- Wang L, Jiang C, Li D, Ge X, Shi Z, Li C, et al. MicroRNA-497 inhibits tumor growth and increases chemosensitivity to 5-fluorouracil treatment by targeting KSR1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:2660-71 pubmed publisher..Lower miR-497 levels may be a potential biomarker for CRC advanced stages and treatment response. ..
- Liu H, Gu L, Tu Y, Hu H, Huang Y, Sun W. Emodin ameliorates cisplatin-induced apoptosis of rat renal tubular cells in vitro by activating autophagy. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2016;37:235-45 pubmed publisher..Emodin may have therapeutic potential for the prevention of cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity. ..
- Xue G, Zou X, Zhou J, Sun W, Wu J, Xu J, et al. Raddeanin A induces human gastric cancer cells apoptosis and inhibits their invasion in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:196-202 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Raddeanin A inhibits proliferation of human GC cells, induces their apoptosis and inhibits the abilities of invasion, migration and adhesion, exhibiting potential to become antitumor drug. ..
- Sheng X, Sun Y, Yin Y, Chen T, Xu Q. Cirsilineol inhibits proliferation of cancer cells by inducing apoptosis via mitochondrial pathway. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2008;60:1523-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the induction of apoptosis via the mitochondrial pathway was involved in the anti-proliferative activity of cirsilineol against cancer cells. ..
- Lu Q, Lu C, Zhou G, Zhang W, Xiao H, Wang X. MicroRNA-221 silencing predisposed human bladder cancer cells to undergo apoptosis induced by TRAIL. Urol Oncol. 2010;28:635-41 pubmed publisher..MiRNA-221 silencing rendered human bladder cancer T24 cells to undergo apoptosis induced by TRAIL. Our findings suggest a potential role of suppressing miRNA-221 in human bladder cancer therapy. ..
- Yao C, Wu S, Li D, Ding H, wang Z, Yang Y, et al. Co-administration phenoxodiol with doxorubicin synergistically inhibit the activity of sphingosine kinase-1 (SphK1), a potential oncogene of osteosarcoma, to suppress osteosarcoma cell growth both in vivo and in vitro. Mol Oncol. 2012;6:392-404 pubmed publisher
- Liu M, Qi L, Zeng Y, Yang Y, Bi Y, Shi X, et al. Transient scrotal hyperthermia induces lipid droplet accumulation and reveals a different ADFP expression pattern between the testes and liver in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45694 pubmed publisher..The results also indicate that the testes could retain functional proteins through testes-specific transcriptional regulation. ..
- Wang X, Zhang W, Tang J, Huang R, Li J, Xu D, et al. LINC01225 promotes occurrence and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma in an epidermal growth factor receptor-dependent pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2130 pubmed publisher..As a conclusion, LINC01225 plays a crucial role in HCC and can act as a biomarker for the diagnosis and prognosis of HCC. ..
- Feng L, Jia X, Zhu M, Chen Y, Shi F. Chemoprevention by Prunella vulgaris L. extract of non-small cell lung cancer via promoting apoptosis and regulating the cell cycle. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2010;11:1355-8 pubmed..In addition, P-60 was found to have the ability to regulate cell cycle and induce apoptosis in SPC-A-1 cells. Therefore, we propose that P-60 has potential as a lung cancer chemopreventive agent...
- Yuan Y, Huang S, Wang W, Wang Y, Zhang P, Zhu C, et al. Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? coactivator 1? ameliorates mitochondrial dysfunction and protects podocytes from aldosterone-induced injury. Kidney Int. 2012;82:771-89 pubmed publisher..Activators of SIRT1, such as resveratol, may be therapeutically useful in glomerular diseases to promote and maintain PGC-1? expression and, consequently, podocyte integrity. ..
- Qu D, Sun W, Liu M, Liu Y, Zhou J, Chen Y. Bitargeted microemulsions based on coix seed ingredients for enhanced hepatic tumor delivery and synergistic therapy. Int J Pharm. 2016;503:90-101 pubmed publisher..The aforementioned results suggested that Gal-C-MEs presented promising potential as a highly effective and safe anticancer drug delivery system for enhanced liver cancer delivery. ..
- Wang X, Zhu J, Zhao P, Jiao Y, Xu N, Grabinski T, et al. In vitro efficacy of immuno-chemotherapy with anti-EGFR human Fab-Taxol conjugate on A431 epidermoid carcinoma cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:980-7 pubmed..Our findings suggest that this Fab-Taxol conjugate could be a potential immuno-chemotherapeutic drug for clinical treatment of EGFR-overexpressing tumors. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhu K, Miao X, Hu X, Wang T. Identification of Î²-glucosidase 1 as a biomarker and its high expression in hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with resistance to chemotherapy drugs. Biomarkers. 2016;21:249-56 pubmed publisher..Combination of chemo drug with Î²-glucosidase 1 inhibitor sensitized HCC cells to chemotherapy. Our data support Î²-glucosidase 1 as a HCC biomarker due to its prognosis significance. ..
- Chen B, Wang X, Zhao W, Wu J. Klotho inhibits growth and promotes apoptosis in human lung cancer cell line A549. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:99 pubmed publisher..Thus, klotho can serve as a potential tumor suppressor in A549 cells. ..
- Wei L, Lu N, Dai Q, Rong J, Chen Y, Li Z, et al. Different apoptotic effects of wogonin via induction of H(2)O(2) generation and Ca(2+) overload in malignant hepatoma and normal hepatic cells. J Cell Biochem. 2010;111:1629-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, wogonin preferentially kills hepatoma cells by H(2)O(2)-dependent apoptosis triggered by Ca(2+) overload. The results reveal that wogonin is a competitive anticancer drug candidate for the malignant hepatoma therapy. ..
- Tu Z, Li H, Ma Y, Tang B, Tian J, Akers W, et al. The enhanced antiproliferative response to combined treatment of trichostatin A with raloxifene in MCF-7 breast cancer cells and its relevance to estrogen receptor ? expression. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;366:111-22 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that the interference of ER? on the antiproliferative effects of HDAC inhibitor and antiestrogen constitutes a promising approach for breast cancer treatment. ..
- Wei Q, Shi F. Cleavage of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 is involved in the process of porcine ovarian follicular atresia. Anim Reprod Sci. 2013;138:282-91 pubmed publisher..These findings should prove helpful in understanding the regulatory mechanisms controlling follicular development and atresia. ..
- Wang P, Cao X, Nagel D, Yin G. Activation of ASK1 during reperfusion of ischemic spinal cord. Neurosci Lett. 2007;415:248-52 pubmed..These results indicate that activation of ASK1 may play an important role in the apoptotic signaling mechanisms that occur in reperfused spinal cord injuries. ..
- Chen Y, Liu C, Xu K, Mao X, Lu Y, Fang L, et al. Effect of taurine-conjugated ursodeoxycholic acid on endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis induced by advanced glycation end products in cultured mouse podocytes. Am J Nephrol. 2008;28:1014-22 pubmed publisher..This novel mechanism of TUDCA action suggests new intervention methods for AGEs-induced apoptosis of mouse podocytes in diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Cai H, Huang X, Xu S, Shen H, Zhang P, Huang Y, et al. Discovery of novel hybrids of diaryl-1,2,4-triazoles and caffeic acid as dual inhibitors of cyclooxygenase-2 and 5-lipoxygenase for cancer therapy. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;108:89-103 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary investigation results would provide new clues for the cancer theatment with COX-2/5-LOX dual inhibitors. ..
- Liu L, Zhang X, Qian B, Min X, Gao X, Li C, et al. Over-expression of heat shock protein 27 attenuates doxorubicin-induced cardiac dysfunction in mice. Eur J Heart Fail. 2007;9:762-9 pubmed..These findings indicate that Hsp27 may play a key role in resistance to doxorubicin-induced cardiac dysfunction. ..
- Dai H, Liu L, Qin S, He X, Li S. Lobaplatin suppresses proliferation and induces apoptosis in the human colorectal carcinoma cell Line LOVO in vitro. Biomed Pharmacother. 2011;65:137-41 pubmed publisher..The mechanism may be related to the "S" cycle arrest in cell cycle distribution and the up-regulated expression of caspase-8 and caspase-9 which up-regulated the expression of caspase-3. ..
- Cui S, Huang J, Chen Y, Song H, Feng B, Huang G, et al. Let-7c governs the acquisition of chemo- or radioresistance and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition phenotypes in docetaxel-resistant lung adenocarcinoma. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:699-713 pubmed publisher..This study suggests an important role for let-7c in the molecular etiology of chemoresistant lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Wang Y, Zhu Y, Gao L, Yin H, Xie Z, Wang D, et al. Formononetin attenuates IL-1?-induced apoptosis and NF-?B activation in INS-1 cells. Molecules. 2012;17:10052-64 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicated that formononetin could protect against pancreatic ?-cell apoptosis caused by IL-1? and therefore could be used in the future as a new drug improving diabetes mellitus. ..
- Mu X, Lin S, Yang J, Chen C, Chen Y, Herzig M, et al. TGF-? signaling is often attenuated during hepatotumorigenesis, but is retained for the malignancy of hepatocellular carcinoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63436 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Smad4 can mediate both growth inhibitory activity induced by exogenous TGF-? and the survival activity induced by autocrine TGF-? revealing a delicate selection of the two opposing activities of TGF-? during HCC evolution. ..
- Liu W, Mu R, Nie F, Yang Y, Wang J, Dai Q, et al. MAC-related mitochondrial pathway in oroxylin-A-induced apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2 cells. Cancer Lett. 2009;284:198-207 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have demonstrated that opening of MAC, but not PTP, played a key role in oroxylin A-induced activation of mitochondrial apoptotic pathway in HepG2 cells. ..
- Gu H, Rao S, Zhao J, Wang J, Mu R, Rong J, et al. Gambogic acid reduced bcl-2 expression via p53 in human breast MCF-7 cancer cells. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2009;135:1777-82 pubmed publisher..Same result was observed after p53 knock-down by p53 si-RNA. Gambogic acid induced human breast cancer cells MCF-7 apoptosis by reducing bcl-2 expression via p53. ..
- An Y, Nie F, Wang Z, Zhang D. Preparation and characterization of realgar nanoparticles and their inhibitory effect on rat glioma cells. Int J Nanomedicine. 2011;6:3187-94 pubmed publisher..Realgar nanoparticles are a promising in vitro anti-cancer strategy and may be applicable for human cancer therapy studies. ..
- Li Y, Ma H, Lu Y, Tan B, Xu L, Lawal T, et al. Menoprogen, a TCM Herbal Formula for Menopause, Increases Endogenous E2 in an Aged Rat Model of Menopause by Reducing Ovarian Granulosa Cell Apoptosis. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:2574637 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that Menoprogen inhibits GC apoptosis in aged female rats and thereby increases E2 production. This represents a novel mechanism of action for this herbal medicine in the treatment of menopausal symptoms. ..
- Yang W, Wu Q, Yuan C, Gao J, Xiao M, Gu M, et al. Aquaporin-4 mediates astrocyte response to ?-amyloid. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2012;49:406-14 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel role of AQP4 in the uptake of A? by astrocytes, indicating that AQP4 is a molecular target for Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Cai X, Lu W, Yang Y, Yang J, Ye J, Gu Z, et al. Digitoflavone inhibits I?B? kinase and enhances apoptosis induced by TNF? through downregulation of expression of nuclear factor ?B-regulated gene products in human pancreatic cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77126 pubmed publisher..This study found a novel function of digitoflavone and enhanced the value of digitoflavone as an anticancer agent. ..
- Ding X, Wang D, Li L, Ma H. Dehydroepiandrosterone ameliorates H2O2-induced Leydig cells oxidation damage and apoptosis through inhibition of ROS production and activation of PI3K/Akt pathways. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;70:126-39 pubmed publisher..These results increase our understanding of the molecular mechanism of the anti-ageing effect of DHEA. ..
- Shi C, Yang X, Bu X, Hou N, Chen P. Alpha B-crystallin promotes the invasion and metastasis of colorectal cancer via epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;489:369-374 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that CRYAB promoted the invasion and metastasis of CRC tumor cells via EMT. ..
- Zhang R, Liu R, Liu C, Niu Y, Zhang J, Guo B, et al. A Novel Role for MiR-520a-3p in Regulating EGFR Expression in Colorectal Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1559-1574 pubmed publisher..This study highlights a tumour suppressor role for miR-520a-3p in colorectal cancer via the regulation of EGFR expression. Thus, miR-520a-3p may be a novel molecular therapeutic target for colorectal cancer. ..
- Zhuo L, Gong J, Yang R, Sheng Y, Zhou L, Kong X, et al. Inhibition of proliferation and differentiation and promotion of apoptosis by cyclin L2 in mouse embryonic carcinoma P19 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:451-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that overexpression of CCNL2 inhibited proliferation and differentiation of mouse embryonic carcinoma P19 cells and induced them to undergo apoptosis, possibly through the Wnt signal transduction pathway. ..
- Fang F, Tang Y, Gao Z, Xu Q. A novel regulatory mechanism of naringenin through inhibition of T lymphocyte function in contact hypersensitivity suppression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:163-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that, besides its anti-inflammatory activities in macrophages, naringenin also showed inhibitory effects on the activation and proliferation of T cells to alleviate symptoms of contact hypersensitivity. ..
- Chen B, Jia X. Apoptosis-inducing effect of ginsenoside Rg6 on human lymphocytoma JK cells. Molecules. 2013;18:8109-19 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of action may be related to mitochondrial dysfunction and an increase of Bax expression and decrease of Bcl-2 expression caused by GRg6. ..
- Wu H, Duan Z, Jiang Z, Cao W, Wang Z, Hu K, et al. Increased endoplasmic reticulum stress response is involved in clopidogrel-induced apoptosis of gastric epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74381 pubmed publisher..However, their exact mechanisms are largely unknown...
- Bao W, Xia H, Liang Y, Ye Y, Lu Y, Xu X, et al. Toll-like Receptor 9 Can be Activated by Endogenous Mitochondrial DNA to Induce Podocyte Apoptosis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22579 pubmed publisher..Thus, de novo expressed TLR9 may utilize endogenous mtDNA as the ligand to facilitate podocyte apoptosis, a novel mechanism underlying podocyte injury in glomerular diseases. ..
- Zhang C, Tang Y, Li Y, Xie L, Zhuang W, Liu J, et al. Unfolded protein response plays a critical role in heart damage after myocardial ischemia/reperfusion in rats. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179042 pubmed publisher..Therefore, inhibition of UPR might be used as a therapeutic target during myocardial I/R injury. ..
- Qi Y, Wang H, Zou Y, Liu C, Liu Y, Wang Y, et al. Over-expression of mitochondrial heat shock protein 70 suppresses programmed cell death in rice. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:231-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that mtHsp70 may suppress PCD in rice protoplasts by maintaining mitochondrial ??(m) and inhibiting the amplification of ROS...
- Qu B, Li X, Gao W, Sun W, Jin Y, Cardona C, et al. Human intestinal epithelial cells are susceptible to influenza virus subtype H9N2. Virus Res. 2012;163:151-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings have demonstrated a unique pattern of host responses in human gut in response to H9N2 subtype influenza viruses, which will broaden our understanding of the pathogenesis of AIV infection in both humans and animals. ..
- Luo L, Lv T, Wang Q, Zhang T, Gu X, Xu F, et al. Activated protein C induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced apoptosis mediated by glycogen synthase kinase-3?. Mediators Inflamm. 2012;2012:485279 pubmed publisher..In summary, activated protein C induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and attenuated lipopolysaccharide-induced human umbilical vein endothelial cell apoptosis mediated by glycogen synthase kinase-3?. ..
- Fang L, Chen B, Liu S, Wang R, Hu S, Xia G, et al. Synergistic effect of a combination of nanoparticulate Fe3O4 and gambogic acid on phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt/Bad pathway of LOVO cells. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:4109-18 pubmed publisher..Magnetic nanoparticles containing Fe(3)O(4) can enhance apoptosis induced by gambogic acid which may be closely related to regulation of the PI3K/Akt/Bad pathway in the treatment of human colon cancer. ..
- Yu M, Chen Y, He Y, Podd A, Fu G, Wright J, et al. Critical role of B cell lymphoma 10 in BAFF-regulated NF-?B activation and survival of anergic B cells. J Immunol. 2012;189:5185-93 pubmed publisher..The BAFF-R/Bcl10/NF-?B signaling axis plays a critical role in peripheral B cell tolerance by regulating the survival of self-reactive anergic B cells. ..
- Jiang M, Chen G, Lu N, Zhang Y, Jin S, Karaplis A, et al. Deficiency of the parathyroid hormone-related peptide nuclear localization and carboxyl terminal sequences leads to premature skin ageing partially mediated by the upregulation of p27. Exp Dermatol. 2015;24:847-52 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the NLS and C-terminus of PTHrP play a critical role in preventing skin from premature ageing that is partially mediated by p27. ..
- Zhu T, Chen R, Li A, Liu J, Gu D, Liu Q, et al. JWA as a novel molecule involved in oxidative stress-associated signal pathway in myelogenous leukemia cells. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2006;69:1399-411 pubmed..At the same time, JWA was involved in the p53-associated signal pathways of oxidative stress-induced apoptosis, which is also caspase-3 dependent. ..
- Chen G, Shi J, Jin W, Wang L, Xie W, Sun J, et al. Progesterone administration modulates TLRs/NF-kappaB signaling pathway in rat brain after cortical contusion. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2008;38:65-74 pubmed..In summary, post-TBI progesterone administration attenuates the TLRs/NF-kappaB signaling pathway in injured rat brain, and this may be a mechanism whereby progesterone improves the outcome following TBI. ..
- Song Y, Cai H, Gu N, Qian C, Cao S, Zhao Z. Icariin attenuates cardiac remodelling through down-regulating myocardial apoptosis and matrix metalloproteinase activity in rats with congestive heart failure. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2011;63:541-9 pubmed publisher..Icariin ameliorates left ventricular dysfunction and cardiac remodelling through down-regulating matrix metalloproteinase-2 and 9 activity and myocardial apoptosis in rats with congestive heart failure. ..
- Chen L, Zhou X, Zhou X, Zhu C, Ji C, Shi C, et al. Overexpression of C10orf116 promotes proliferation, inhibits apoptosis and enhances glucose transport in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Med Rep. 2013;7:1477-81 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study may also provide insights into the complex mechanisms involved in the development of obesity. ..
- Hou L, Gu W, Zhu H, Yao W, Wang W, Meng Q. Spiroplasma eriocheiris induces mouse 3T6-Swiss albino cell apoptosis that associated with the infection mechanism. Mol Immunol. 2017;91:75-85 pubmed publisher..All the results help us better understand the infection mechanism of S. eriocheiris. ..
- Zhang Y, Ba Y, Liu C, Sun G, Ding L, Gao S, et al. PGC-1alpha induces apoptosis in human epithelial ovarian cancer cells through a PPARgamma-dependent pathway. Cell Res. 2007;17:363-73 pubmed..Our findings indicated that PGC-1alpha was involved in the apoptotic signal transduction pathways and downregulation of PGC-1alpha may be a key point in promoting epithelial ovarian cancer growth and progression. ..
- Chen G, Shi J, Qi M, Wang H, Hang C. Effects of progesterone on intestinal inflammatory response, mucosa structure alterations, and apoptosis following traumatic brain injury in male rats. J Surg Res. 2008;147:92-8 pubmed..The results of the present study suggest that post-TBI progesterone administration could suppress the intestinal inflammation, protect the intestinal mucosal structure, and reduce the mucosa apoptosis. ..
- Peng W, Wu J, Feng J. Long noncoding RNA HULC predicts poor clinical outcome and represents pro-oncogenic activity in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;79:188-93 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that HULC could represent a novel indicator of poor prognosis and may be served as a potential target for the diagnosis and gene therapy of DLBCL. ..
- Shu B, Duan W, Yao J, Huang J, Jiang Z, Zhang L. Caspase 3 is involved in the apoptosis induced by triptolide in HK-2 cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2009;23:598-602 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the increase of cleaved p17 fragment, an active form of caspase 3, was detected. These results suggested that triptolide is able to cause cytotoxicity on HK-2 cells, and the mechanism of which is associated with caspase 3. ..
- Cai X, Ye T, Liu C, Lu W, Lu M, Zhang J, et al. Luteolin induced G2 phase cell cycle arrest and apoptosis on non-small cell lung cancer cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2011;25:1385-91 pubmed publisher..Pro-apoptotic effect was implemented via activating JNK and inhibiting translocation of NF-?B (p65). These results suggested that luteolin might have therapeutic potential against NSCLC. ..
- Yang B, Sun H, Li W, Zhu C, Jian B, Hou W, et al. Expression of Rap1 during germ cell development in the rat and its functional implications in 2-methoxyacetic acid-induced spermatocyte apoptosis. Urology. 2013;81:696.e1-8 pubmed publisher..Additional characterization of this small guanosine triphosphatase in the apoptotic dynamics should provide information on the early diagnosis of MAA-induced male infertility. ..
- Han X, Tu Z, Gong Y, Shen S, Wang X, Kang L, et al. The toxic effects of nonylphenol on the reproductive system of male rats. Reprod Toxicol. 2004;19:215-21 pubmed..Pathological changes were detected by microscopy and the transferase dUTP nick end labeling (TUNEL) assay showed that the number of apoptotic cells in testes increased with nonylphenol in a dose-dependent manner. ..
- Qian Y, Wang H, Yao W, Gao X. Aqueous extract of the Chinese medicine, Danggui-Shaoyao-San, inhibits apoptosis in hydrogen peroxide-induced PC12 cells by preventing cytochrome c release and inactivating of caspase cascade. Cell Biol Int. 2008;32:304-11 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that treatment of PC12 cells with DSS can block H2O2-induced apoptosis by the regulation of Bcl-2 family members, as well as suppression of cytochrome c release and caspase cascade activation. ..
- Jiang Y, Chen L, Tang Y, Ma G, Shen C, Qi C, et al. HO-1 gene overexpression enhances the beneficial effects of superparamagnetic iron oxide labeled bone marrow stromal cells transplantation in swine hearts underwent ischemia/reperfusion: an MRI study. Basic Res Cardiol. 2010;105:431-42 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment with SnPP significantly attenuated the beneficial effects of HO-1-BMSCs. Transplantation of HO-1-overexpressed BMSCs significantly enhanced the beneficial effects of BMSCs on improving cardiac function in this model. ..
- Wang J, Ma J, You Q, Zhao L, Wang F, Li C, et al. Studies on chemical modification and biology of a natural product, gambogic acid (II): Synthesis and bioevaluation of gambogellic acid and its derivatives from gambogic acid as antitumor agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:4343-53 pubmed publisher..Compound 4 showed significant effects in inducing apoptosis and might serve as a potential lead compound for discovery of new anticancer drugs. Further structure-activity relationships (SARs) of gambogic acid derivatives were discussed. ..
- Bi Y, Lv Z, Wang Y, Hai T, Huo R, Zhou Z, et al. WDR82, a key epigenetics-related factor, plays a crucial role in normal early embryonic development in mice. Biol Reprod. 2011;84:756-64 pubmed publisher..Finally, the result of a blocked WDR82 consists of stunted embryonic development and death. Thus, WDR82 can be considered a key epigenetic regulation-related factor crucial in the normal growth and development of embryos. ..
- Zhu S, Ren Y, Zhang M, Cao J, Yang Q, Li X, et al. Wld(S) protects against peripheral neuropathy and retinopathy in an experimental model of diabetes in mice. Diabetologia. 2011;54:2440-50 pubmed publisher..We provide the first evidence that expression of the Wld(S) gene decreases beta cell destruction and preserves islet function in STZ-induced diabetes, thus revealing a novel protective strategy for diabetic models. ..
- Liu X, Lu K, Wang K, Sun M, Zhang E, Yang J, et al. MicroRNA-196a promotes non-small cell lung cancer cell proliferation and invasion through targeting HOXA5. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:348 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-196a may represent a potential therapeutic target for NSCLC intervention. ..
- Zhang F, Ni C, Kong D, Zhang X, Zhu X, Chen L, et al. Ligustrazine attenuates oxidative stress-induced activation of hepatic stellate cells by interrupting platelet-derived growth factor-β receptor-mediated ERK and p38 pathways. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;265:51-60 pubmed publisher..These data collectively indicated that ligustrazine could attenuate HSC activation caused by oxidative stress, providing novel insights into ligustrazine as a therapeutic option for hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Xia Y, Rao J, Yao A, Zhang F, Li G, Wang X, et al. Lithium exacerbates hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury by inhibiting GSK-3?/NF-?B-mediated protective signaling in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;697:117-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings show that lithium exacerbates hepatic I/R injury by suppressing the expression of GSK-3?/NF-?B-mediated protective genes. ..
- Chen Z, Wan X, Hou Q, Shi S, Wang L, Chen P, et al. GADD45B mediates podocyte injury in zebrafish by activating the ROS-GADD45B-p38 pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2068 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrated that GADD45B has an important role in podocyte injury and may be a therapeutic target for the management of podocyte injury in glomerular diseases. ..
- Yun Z, Zhichao J, Hao Y, Ou J, Ran Y, Wen D, et al. Targeting autophagy in multiple myeloma. Leuk Res. 2017;59:97-104 pubmed publisher..In this study, we have mainly reviewed recent research on autophagy in relationship to the therapeutic effect, the reversal of drug resistance, and the mediation of complications. ..
- Chen L, Li C, Zhang R, Gao X, Qu X, Zhao M, et al. miR-17-92 cluster microRNAs confers tumorigenicity in multiple myeloma. Cancer Lett. 2011;309:62-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the Myc-inducible miR-17-92 cluster miRNAs contribute to tumorigenesis and poor prognosis in multiple myeloma. ..
- Liu L, Zhang X, Jiang S, Ding Z, Ding G, Huang J, et al. Heat shock protein 27 regulates oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in cardiomyocytes: mechanisms via reactive oxygen species generation and Akt activation. Chin Med J (Engl). 2007;120:2271-7 pubmed..Hsp27 inhibits oxidative stress-induced H9c2 damage and inhibition of ROS generation and the augmentation of Akt activation may be involved in the protective signaling. ..
- Cao G, Chen M, Song Q, Liu Y, Xie L, Han Y, et al. EGCG protects against UVB-induced apoptosis via oxidative stress and the JNK1/c-Jun pathway in ARPE19 cells. Mol Med Rep. 2012;5:54-9 pubmed publisher..In this situation, the JNK pathway plays an anti-apoptotic role. The use of selective activators or antioxidants may be useful in reducing the oxidative damage occurring in AMD. ..
- Liu L, Fu J, Li T, Cui R, Ling J, Yu X, et al. NG, a novel PABA/NO-based oleanolic acid derivative, induces human hepatoma cell apoptosis via a ROS/MAPK-dependent mitochondrial pathway. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;691:61-8 pubmed publisher..Taking together, these findings suggest that NO can be released from NG, which induces apoptosis through a ROS/MAPK-mediated mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Zhong C, Pu L, Fang M, Gu Z, Rao J, Wang X. Retinoic acid receptor Î± promotes autophagy to alleviate liver ischemia and reperfusion injury. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:12381-91 pubmed publisher..This research provides evidence that ATRA can protect the liver from IR injury by promoting autophagy, which is dependent on Foxo3/p-Akt/Foxo1 signaling. ..