Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Publications836 found, 100 shown here
- Dong L, Xia S, Gao F, Zhang D, Chen J, Zhang J. 3,3'-Diindolylmethane attenuates experimental arthritis and osteoclastogenesis. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:715-21 pubmed publisher..DIM has shown anti-arthritis activity in animal models via inhibiting the expression of RANKL, and thus may offer potential treatments for arthritis and associated disorders...
- Wang Y, Yin H, Lv X, Wang Y, Gao H, Wang M. Protection of chronic renal failure by a polysaccharide from Cordyceps sinensis. Fitoterapia. 2010;81:397-402 pubmed publisher..The changes in blood urea nitrogen and serum creatinine revealed that CPS-2 could significantly relieve renal failure caused by fulgerizing kidney...
- Deng Y, Chen S, Lu A, Chen F, Tang F, Guan Z, et al. Production and characterisation of the intergeneric hybrids between Dendranthema morifolium and Artemisia vulgaris exhibiting enhanced resistance to chrysanthemum aphid (Macrosiphoniella sanbourni). Planta. 2010;231:693-703 pubmed publisher..It is inferred that higher aphid resistance in the hybrid mainly owed to the leaf micromorphology and bioactive essential oil content. ..
- Gan X, Duan Y, Xiong X, Li P, Cui B, Gao X, et al. Inhibition of cardiac sympathetic afferent reflex and sympathetic activity by baroreceptor and vagal afferent inputs in chronic heart failure. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25784 pubmed publisher..The CSAR and the CSAR responses to Ang II in PVN are enhanced in intact CHF rats. Baroreceptor and vagal afferent activities inhibit CSAR and the CSAR responses to Ang II in intact Sham and CHF rats. ..
- Zhang Z, Wang G, Li H, Li L, Cui Q, Wei C, et al. Regulation of fertilization in male rats by CatSper2 knockdown. Asian J Androl. 2012;14:301-9 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that it was feasible to achieve male contraception by silencing the expression of CatSper2, the key protein involved in sperm hyperactivation. ..
- Wang M, Zhang X, Liu Y. [Acetoacetate extract from Celastrus orbiculatus Thunb inhibits growth of RFP-xenografted human liver carcinoma]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2012;20:377-80 pubmed publisher..05). COT significantly inhibited the proliferation of human HCC in a nude mouse model. Early treatment with COT produced a more robust inhibitory effect, which was very similar to that achieved with oxaliplatin treatment. ..
- Guo J, Ren W, Li A, Ding Y, Guo W, Su D, et al. Fat mass and obesity-associated gene enhances oxidative stress and lipogenesis in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2013;58:1004-9 pubmed publisher..FTO overexpression in L02 cells enhanced lipogenesis and oxidative stress. This study demonstrates that increased FTO levels in the liver are involved in oxidative stress and lipid deposition, which characterize NAFLD. ..
- Sun Q, Dai Y, Zhang X, Hu Y, Zhang D, Li W, et al. Expression and cell distribution of myeloid differentiation primary response protein 88 in the cerebral cortex following experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats: a pilot study. Brain Res. 2013;1520:134-44 pubmed publisher..These results might have important implications during the administration of specific MyD88 antagonists in order to prevent or reduce inflammatory response following SAH. ..
- Malik N, Moaeen ud Din M, Zhao R. Ontogeny of mRNA expression of somatostatin and its receptors in chicken embryos in association with methylation status of their promoters. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;165:260-70 pubmed publisher..The results show that ontogenic expression profile of chicken SST and SSTRs is time and tissue specific. ..
- Ju C, Sun J, Zi P, Jin X, Zhang C. Thermosensitive micelles-hydrogel hybrid system based on poloxamer 407 for localized delivery of paclitaxel. J Pharm Sci. 2013;102:2707-17 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that PTX-M-MG is a promising local delivery system for hydrophobic drug in cancer therapy, providing both improved efficacy and relieved side effects...
- Hu Q, Zhu J, Ji J, Wei L, Miao M, Ji H. Fructus Gardenia Extract ameliorates oxonate-induced hyperuricemia with renal dysfunction in mice by regulating organic ion transporters and mOIT3. Molecules. 2013;18:8976-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, FGE decreased renal mABCG2 expressions in hyperuricemic mice, contributing to its beneficial actions. However, further investigation is needed in clinical trials of FGE and its bioactive components. ..
- Zhu Z, Wang D, Xiang D, Yuan Y, Wang Y. Calcium/calmodulin-dependent serine protein kinase is involved in exendin-4-induced insulin secretion in INS-1 cells. Metabolism. 2014;63:120-6 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the stimulation of ?-cell insulin secretion by Ex-4 is mediated, at least in part, by CASK via a novel signaling mechanism. ..
- Liu M, Chen S, Zhao X, Ye Y, Li J, Zhu Q, et al. Biocompatible phosphonic acid-functionalized silica nanoparticles for sensitive detection of hypoxanthine in real samples. Talanta. 2013;117:536-42 pubmed publisher..The assay results of hypoxanthine in fish samples were in a good agreement with the reference values. ..
- Liu C, Su G, Giesy J, Letcher R, Li G, Agrawal I, et al. Acute Exposure to Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) Phosphate (TDCIPP) Causes Hepatic Inflammation and Leads to Hepatotoxicity in Zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19045 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that exposure to TDCIPP induces hepatic inflammation and leads to hepatotoxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Yu Z, Zhang N, Lu C, Pang T, Wang K, Jiang J, et al. Electroacupuncture at ST25 inhibits jejunal motility: Role of sympathetic pathways and TRPV1. World J Gastroenterol. 2016;22:1834-43 pubmed publisher..EA at ST25 was found to inhibit jejunal motility in an intensity-dependent manner, via a mechanism in which sympathetic nerves and TRPV1 receptors play an important role. ..
- Du Z, Zhang Y, Wang G, Peng J, Wang Z, Gao S. TPhP exposure disturbs carbohydrate metabolism, lipid metabolism, and the DNA damage repair system in zebrafish liver. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21827 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a systematic analysis of the triphenyl phosphate-induced toxic effects in zebrafish liver and demonstrates that low concentrations of triphenyl phosphate affect normal metabolism and cell cycle. ..
- Wang X, Sun Y, Zhao Y, Ding Y, Zhang X, Kong L, et al. Oroxyloside prevents dextran sulfate sodium-induced experimental colitis in mice by inhibiting NF-ÎºB pathway through PPARÎ³ activation. Biochem Pharmacol. 2016;106:70-81 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that oroxyloside prevented DSS-induced colitis by inhibiting NF-ÎºB pathway through PPARÎ³ activation. Therefore, oroxyloside may be a promising and effective agent for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). ..
- Zhou Y, Huang T, Zhang J, Wong C, Zhang B, Dong Y, et al. TEAD1/4 exerts oncogenic role and is negatively regulated by miR-4269 in gastric tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2017;36:6518-6530 pubmed publisher..For the first time, the nuclear accumulated TEAD4 and downregulated miR-4269 are proposed to serve as novel prognostic biomarkers in GC. ..
- Jiang J, Xu Q. Immunomodulatory activity of the aqueous extract from rhizome of Smilax glabra in the later phase of adjuvant-induced arthritis in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2003;85:53-9 pubmed..Such characteristics of RSG on AA may be advantageous to the long-term treatment of clinical rheumatoid arthritis...
- Li F, Han Z. Mutations in acetylcholinesterase associated with insecticide resistance in the cotton aphid, Aphis gossypii Glover. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;34:397-405 pubmed..Both subgroups contain resistance-associated AChE genes. To avoid confusion in the future work, a nomenclature of insect AChE is also suggested in the paper. ..
- Sun J, Wang X, Liu H, Xu J. Ketamine suppresses intestinal NF-kappa B activation and proinflammatory cytokine in endotoxic rats. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:1028-31 pubmed..Ketamine can suppress endotoxin-induced production of proinflammatory cytokines such as TNF-alpha and IL-6 production in the intestine. This suppressive effect may act through inhibiting NF-kappa B. ..
- Zeng Y, Gu B, Ji X, Ding X, Song C, Wu F. Sinomenine, an antirheumatic alkaloid, ameliorates clinical signs of disease in the Lewis rat model of acute experimental autoimmune encephalolmyelitis. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1438-44 pubmed..The mRNA levels of CC chemokines, RANTES, MIP-1alpha and MCP-1, are inhibited in SIN-treated EAE rats. The data in this proof of concept study support the premise that SIN may be a promising new therapeutic intervention in MS. ..
- Mo S, Zhou F, Lv Y, Hu Q, Zhang D, Kong L. Hypouricemic action of selected flavonoids in mice: structure-activity relationships. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1551-6 pubmed..The exact mechanism of the hypouricemic action of flavonoids in vivo should be investigated in the future. ..
- Tian D, Wu F, Ma S, Li D, Dai Y. [Studies on anti-hyperglycemic effect and its mechanism of Clinopodium chinense]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2008;33:1313-6 pubmed
- Chen Z, Sun J, Chen H, Xiao Y, Liu D, Chen J, et al. Comparative pharmacokinetics and bioavailability studies of quercetin, kaempferol and isorhamnetin after oral administration of Ginkgo biloba extracts, Ginkgo biloba extract phospholipid complexes and Ginkgo biloba extract solid dispersions in rats. Fitoterapia. 2010;81:1045-52 pubmed publisher..The bioavailabilities of GBP increased more than that of GBS. ..
- Hui J, Zhang Z, Liu S, Xi G, Zhang X, Teng G, et al. Adolescent escitalopram administration modifies neurochemical alterations in the hippocampus of maternally separated rats. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2010;20:875-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these metabolite changes seem to be more sensitive indicators of the results from early life stress than volume changes...
- Feng L, Jia X, Zhu M, Chen Y, Shi F. Chemoprevention by Prunella vulgaris L. extract of non-small cell lung cancer via promoting apoptosis and regulating the cell cycle. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2010;11:1355-8 pubmed..In addition, P-60 was found to have the ability to regulate cell cycle and induce apoptosis in SPC-A-1 cells. Therefore, we propose that P-60 has potential as a lung cancer chemopreventive agent...
- Wu C, Wang P, Rao J, Wang Z, Zhang C, Lu L, et al. Triptolide alleviates hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury by attenuating oxidative stress and inhibiting NF-?B activity in mice. J Surg Res. 2011;166:e205-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that triptolide has protective effects against hepatic I/R injury. Its mechanisms might be related to reduction of oxidative stress and neutrophil infiltration and inhibition NF-?B p65 activity. ..
- Zhang G, Dai D, Xi T, Cong X, Zhang Y, Dai Y. Isoproterenol-induced FKBP12.6/12 downregulation is modulated by ETA and ETB receptors and reversed by argirhein, a derivative of rhein. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011;32:223-9 pubmed publisher..In cardiomyocytes, the ISO induced downregulation of FKBP12.6/12 is modulated by both ET(A) and ET(B). A new compound, argirein, reversed the down-regulation of FKBP12.6/12 expression in myocardial cells stimulated with ISO. ..
- Guo J, Duan J, Tang Y, Li Y. Sedative and anticonvulsant activities of styrax after oral and intranasal administration in mice. Pharm Biol. 2011;49:1034-8 pubmed publisher..Styrax, resin of Liquidambar orientalis Mill. (N.O. Hamamelaceae), belongs to resuscitation-inducing aromatic herbs in traditional Chinese medicine and functions in inducing resuscitation and restoring conscientiousness...
- Lu S, Nie J, Luan Q, Feng Q, Xiao Q, Chang Z, et al. Phosphorylation of the Twist1-family basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors is involved in pathological cardiac remodeling. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19251 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel insights into the regulation of Twist1 family in cardiac remodeling and suggests that the Twist1 family can be regulated by Akt signaling. ..
- Chen L, Lan Z, Zhou Y, Li F, Zhang X, Zhang C, et al. Astilbin attenuates hyperuricemia and ameliorates nephropathy in fructose-induced hyperuricemic rats. Planta Med. 2011;77:1769-73 pubmed publisher..These findings provide potent evidence for astilbin as a safe and promising lead compound in the development of a disease-modifying drug to prevent hyperuricemia and nephropathy...
- Wang J, Wang H, Zhong W, Li N, Cong Z. Expression and cell distribution of metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 in the rat cortex following traumatic brain injury. Brain Res. 2012;1464:73-81 pubmed publisher..Therefore, understanding the expression and cell distribution of mGluR5 after TBI may give insight into pathophysiology after TBI and provide a new target for the therapy of TBI. ..
- Yuan Y, Huang S, Wang W, Wang Y, Zhang P, Zhu C, et al. Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? coactivator 1? ameliorates mitochondrial dysfunction and protects podocytes from aldosterone-induced injury. Kidney Int. 2012;82:771-89 pubmed publisher..Activators of SIRT1, such as resveratol, may be therapeutically useful in glomerular diseases to promote and maintain PGC-1? expression and, consequently, podocyte integrity. ..
- Yan F, Yao Y, Chen L, Li Y, Sheng Z, Ma G. Hypoxic preconditioning improves survival of cardiac progenitor cells: role of stromal cell derived factor-1?-CXCR4 axis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37948 pubmed publisher..Strategies targeting this aspect may enhance the effectiveness of cell-based cardiac regenerative therapy. ..
- Zhu C, Yu Z, Zhu J, Hu X, Chen Y, Qiu Y, et al. Differential expression profile of MicroRNAs during differentiation of cardiomyocytes exposed to polychlorinated biphenyls. Int J Mol Sci. 2012;13:15955-66 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a critical role of miRNAs in mediating the effect of PCBs during the differentiation of P19 cells into cardiac myocytes. ..
- Chen S, Zhang Y, Zhou L, Xie D, Zhang F, Jia H, et al. Percutaneous pulmonary artery denervation completely abolishes experimental pulmonary arterial hypertension in vivo. EuroIntervention. 2013;9:269-76 pubmed publisher..The pressure responses were completely abolished by the PADN treatment at the main bifurcation area of the left pulmonary artery. ..
- Wei Q, Ren X, Jiang Y, Jin H, Liu N, Li J. Advanced glycation end products accelerate rat vascular calcification through RAGE/oxidative stress. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2013;13:13 pubmed publisher..Increased ALP activity and calcium deposition were also inhibited markedly by the ROS inhibitor and the anti-RAGE antibody. These results suggest that AGEs enhance vascular calcification partly through a RAGE/oxidative stress pathway. ..
- Luo J, Yin H, Kong L. Monoterpenes from the fruits of Amomum kravanh. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2014;16:471-5 pubmed publisher..The absolute configuration of the 7,8-diol moiety in 1 was assigned by CD data after addition of Mo2(OAc)4 in dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) solution. Compounds 1 and 2 exhibited weak activity of anti-platelet aggregation in vitro. ..
- Wang G, Rong M, Li Q, Liu Y, Long C, Meng P, et al. Alkaloids from Veratrum taliense Exert Cardiovascular Toxic Effects via Cardiac Sodium Channel Subtype 1.5. Toxins (Basel). 2015;8: pubmed publisher..This result reveals that VAs exert their cardiovascular toxicity via the Na(V)1.5 channel. The effects of VAs on Na(V)1.3 and Na(V)1.4 may be related to their analgesic effect and skeletal muscle toxicity, respectively. ..
- Zhu X, Dong J, Shen K, Bai Y, Chao J, Yao H. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase contributes to pentylenetetrazole-kindling-induced hippocampal neurogenesis. Brain Res Bull. 2016;121:138-47 pubmed publisher..Selective inhibition of nNOS by 7-NI, however, suppressed PTZ-kindling-induced hippocampal DG new born cells proliferation and survival, suggesting that nNOS contributes to PTZ-kindling-induced hippocampal neurogenesis. ..
- Chen P, Gao H, Lu Y, Nie H, Liu Z, Zhao Y, et al. Altered expression of eNOS, prostacyclin synthase, prostaglandin G/H synthase, and thromboxane synthase in porcine aortic endothelial cells after exposure to human serum-relevance to xenotransplantation. Cell Biol Int. 2017;41:798-808 pubmed publisher..Thus, human serum altered the balance of endothelium-derived inhibitory mechanisms in PAECs, which may indicate a regulatory mechanism of excessive platelet activation in pig-to-primate xenotransplantation. ..
- Hao Z, Lu J, Wang S, Wu H, Zhang Y, Xu S. Stem cell-derived exosomes: A promising strategy for fracture healing. Cell Prolif. 2017;50: pubmed publisher..Moreover, studies based on fracture models of large animals are could offer guidance and are in demand. ..
- Li J, Li Y, Zhang X, Zhu X, Ge Y, Yuan X. [Changes in the phosphorylation of cAMP response element binding protein in the rat nucleus accumbens after acute and chronic ethanol administration]. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2003;55:147-52 pubmed
- Cui L, Shi Y, Dai G, Pan H, Chen J, Song L, et al. Modification of N-Methyl-N-Nitrosourea initiated bladder carcinogenesis in Wistar rats by terephthalic acid. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2006;210:24-31 pubmed
- Qian W, Wang L, Song M, Zheng X, Hang T, Zhang Z. [Excretion of (-)-clausenamide in rats]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2006;41:789-92 pubmed..92% , 0.46% and 0.0003% of the administered dose from feces, urine and bile, respectively. The major amount of (-)-clausenamide was recovered from feces after (-)-clausenamide was orally administrated to rats (30 mg kg(-1)). ..
- Zeng C, Yang Q, Hu Q. A comparison of the distribution of two glycyrrhizic acid epimers in rat tissues. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2006;31:253-8 pubmed..v. administration of the two GL epimers, with these differences being closely related to the different configuration of alpha-GL and beta-GL. ..
- Zhang J, Gong J, Zhang W, Zhu W, Li J. Effects of transplanted bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells on the irradiated intestine of mice. J Biomed Sci. 2008;15:585-94 pubmed publisher..MSCs genetically modified by CXCR4 (the receptor for SDF-1) engrafted into irradiated intestine at a significantly elevated level and ameliorated the intestinal permeability and histopathological damage...
- Wang L, Yuanshu Z, Yuhan Z, Yaojie -, Yingxia L. Mutant prevention concentrations of fluoroquinolones against Campylobacter jejuni isolated from chicken. Vet Microbiol. 2010;144:409-14 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the development and mechanisms of FQ resistance in Campylobacter. ..
- Xia T, Wang J, Yin H, Ding Q, Zhang Y, Yang H, et al. Human tissue-specific microenvironment: an essential requirement for mouse models of breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:203-11 pubmed..The results in this study suggest the human tissue-specific micro-environment is most likely an essential requirement in mouse models of breast cancer...
- Cui F, Wang J, Chen D, Chen Y. CD133 is a temporary marker of cancer stem cells in small cell lung cancer, but not in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncol Rep. 2011;25:701-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the antigen could be used as an investigative marker of the tumorigenic process and an effective treatment for small cell lung cancer. ..
- Lu T, Jiang Y, Zhou Z, Yue X, Wei N, Chen Z, et al. Intranasal ginsenoside Rb1 targets the brain and ameliorates cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34:1319-24 pubmed..Our work suggests that intranasal GRb1 exerts brain-targeting effects and that a single dose of intranasal GRb1 immediately after MCAO ameliorates ischemia/reperfusion insult. Autophagy is involved in these beneficial effects. ..
- Chen P, Kakan X, Wang S, Dong W, Jia A, Cai C, et al. Deletion of clock gene Per2 exacerbates cholestatic liver injury and fibrosis in mice. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2013;65:427-32 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicated that clock gene Per2 plays a protective role in mediating liver injury and fibrosis during cholestasis. ..
- Han B, Shi X, Zhang Y, Chu X, Gu J, Xiao J, et al. Microbiological safety of a novel bio-artificial liver support system based on porcine hepatocytes: a experimental study. Eur J Med Res. 2012;17:13 pubmed publisher..In the in vitro infection experiment, no infection was found in HEK293 cells treated with plasma. No infective PERV was detected in the experimental animals, thus the novel BAL had a reliable microbiological safety profile. ..
- Zhang J, Liu D, Huang Y, Gao Y, Qian S. Biopharmaceutics classification and intestinal absorption study of apigenin. Int J Pharm. 2012;436:311-7 pubmed publisher..AP could be well absorbed in the whole intestine with the main absorption site at duodenum. The absorption of AP in four intestinal segments exhibited different transport mechanisms. ..
- Long Y, Wang Y, Ji G, Yan L, Hu F, Gu A. Neurotoxicity of perfluorooctane sulfonate to hippocampal cells in adult mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54176 pubmed publisher..All these might contribute to the dysfunction of hippocampus which finally account for the impairments of spatial learning and memory in adult mice. ..
- Chen W, Sun H, Zhang F, Zhou Y, Xiong X, Wang J, et al. Salusin-? in paraventricular nucleus increases blood pressure and sympathetic outflow via vasopressin in hypertensive rats. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;98:344-51 pubmed publisher..Salusin-? in the PVN increases blood pressure, heart rate, and sympathetic outflow via both circulating AVP and AVP in the RVLM in hypertensive rats. ..
- Kong M, Zhang J, Jiang C, Jiang X, Li Y, Gao M, et al. Necrosis affinity evaluation of 131I-hypericin in a rat model of induced necrosis. J Drug Target. 2013;21:604-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, (131)I-labeled Hyp could be a broad-spectrum anti-tumor agent with a cost much cheaper relative to the biological agents such as monoclonal antibodies...
- Li C, Yun X, Hu X, Zhang Y, Sang M, Liu X, et al. Identification of G protein-coupled receptors in the pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum. Genomics. 2013;102:345-54 pubmed publisher..pisum. Moreover, this work will promote functional analyses of GPCRs in A. pisum and may advance new drug target discovery for biological control of the aphid. ..
- Cai S, Liu A, He H, Chen Q, Yang Y, Guo F, et al. Stable genetic alterations of ?-catenin and ROR2 regulate the Wnt pathway, affect the fate of MSCs. J Cell Physiol. 2014;229:791-800 pubmed publisher..This study provides a method to investigate the effects of the Wnt pathway on the fate of mMSCs in vivo and for the further improvement of MSC-based therapies. ..
- Liu Y, Li D, Liu Z, Zhou Y, Chu D, Li X, et al. Targeted exosome-mediated delivery of opioid receptor Mu siRNA for the treatment of morphine relapse. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17543 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a brand new strategy to treat drug relapse and diseases of the central nervous system. ..
- Ding J, Lu G, Li Y. Interactive effects of selected pharmaceutical mixtures on bioaccumulation and biochemical status in crucian carp (Carassius auratus). Chemosphere. 2016;148:21-31 pubmed publisher..This work indicated that the interactive effects of pharmaceutical mixtures could lead to perturbations in the bioaccumulation and biochemical responses in fish. ..
- Wang Y, Guo A, Liang X, Li M, Shi M, Li Y, et al. HRD1 sensitizes breast cancer cells to Tamoxifen by promoting S100A8 degradation. Oncotarget. 2017;8:23564-23574 pubmed publisher..HRD1 overexpression sensitized MCF7/Tam cells to the Tamoxifen treatment in vitro and in vivo. In conclusion, the decrease of HRD1 expression contributed to Tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer. ..
- Hu D, Chen F, Liu Y, Sheng Y, Yang R, Kong X, et al. GATA-4 promotes the differentiation of P19 cells into cardiac myocytes. Int J Mol Med. 2010;26:365-72 pubmed..The overexpression of GATA-4 enhances the differentiation of P19 cells into cardiac myocytes, whereas its down-regulation suppresses this trend...
- Huang L, Zhang Y, Yu Y, Sun M, Li C, Chen P, et al. Role of lipid rafts in porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus infection in MARC-145 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;414:545-50 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies suggest that cholesterol is critical for PRRSV entry, which is likely to be mediated by a lipid-raft-dependent pathway. ..
- Gao Z, Chen W, Zhang X, Cai P, Fang X, Xu Q, et al. Icotinib, a potent and specific EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor, inhibits growth of squamous cell carcinoma cell line A431 through negatively regulating AKT signaling. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:351-6 pubmed publisher..These results provide a novel strategy for anti-squamous cell carcinoma therapy. ..
- Guo H, Fang J, Wang J, Zhong W, Liu B. Interaction of Xestia c-nigrum granulovirus with peritrophic matrix and Spodoptera litura nucleopolyhedrovirus in Spodoptera litura. J Econ Entomol. 2007;100:20-5 pubmed..Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that the synergy between XcGV and SINPV was closely associated with the disruption of the PM in S. litura...
- Su W, Dai D, Liu H, Na T, Dai Y. Upregulated endothelin system in diabetic vascular dysfunction and early retinopathy is reversed by CPU0213 and total triterpene acids from Fructus Corni. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;34:1228-33 pubmed..Total triterpene acid, in terms of pharmacological properties resembling the endothelin receptor antagonist CPU0213, is effective in normalizing expression of the ET system and iNOS in early diabetic retinopathy and vasculaopathy...
- Zhang W, Lei Z, Su J, Chen S. Expression of ghrelin in the porcine hypothalamo-pituitary-ovary axis during the estrous cycle. Anim Reprod Sci. 2008;109:356-67 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that ghrelin may play a major role in the endocrine network that integrates energy balance and reproduction. ..
- Zhang Q, Liu C, Gao X, Hu Y, Guo W, Sun J, et al. Expression pattern of aquaporin 1 in the middle ear of the guinea pig with secretory otitis media. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2009;71:70-7 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that AQP1 in the middle ear cavity may play a vital role in the accumulation of the effusion. It might work on the vessel-caused hydrops in the middle ear cavity. ..
- Lu Y, Sarson A, Gong J, Zhou H, Zhu W, Kang Z, et al. Expression profiles of genes in Toll-like receptor-mediated signaling of broilers infected with Clostridium perfringens. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2009;16:1639-47 pubmed publisher..1 was positively correlated to the expression of adaptor molecules MyD88, TRAF6, TRIF, and receptor interacting protein 1 in the ileal tissues, demonstrating a dynamic spatial and temporal innate host response to C. perfringens. ..
- Fu J, Sun H, Wang Y, Zheng W, Shi Z, Wang Q. The effects of a fat- and sugar-enriched diet and chronic stress on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in male Wistar rats. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:2227-36 pubmed publisher..The observations strongly suggest that chronic stress can aggravate fat- and sugar-enriched diet-induced NAFLD from steatosis to steatohepatitis in male Wistar rats, although VO is not changed. ..
- Li X, Ma H, Ma Z, Li L, Xu C, Qu R, et al. Ameliorative and neuroprotective effect in MPTP model of Parkinson's disease by Zhen-Wu-Tang (ZWT), a traditional Chinese medicine. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;130:19-27 pubmed publisher..This study proved that ZWT could ameliorate the typical symptom of PD and protect dopaminergic system. These results suggested that ZWT possessed protective and ameliorative properties of dopaminergic neurons. ..
- Wei R, Ge F, Huang S, Chen M, Wang R. Occurrence of veterinary antibiotics in animal wastewater and surface water around farms in Jiangsu Province, China. Chemosphere. 2011;82:1408-14 pubmed publisher..In addition, residue levels of selected veterinary antibiotics in animal wastewater and surface water around the farms were related to animal species and have a high spatial variation. ..
- Jun L, Jie L, Dongping Y, Xin Y, Taiming L, Rongyue C, et al. Effects of nasal immunization of multi-target preventive vaccines on atherosclerosis. Vaccine. 2012;30:1029-37 pubmed publisher..We conclude that multifaceted vaccine combining lipid-regulating with anti-inflammation was a potential remedy, especially for atherosclerosis with complicated etiology. ..
- Zhao X, Liu J, Hu Y, Fan Y, Wang D, Yuan J, et al. Optimization on condition of glycyrrhetinic acid liposome by RSM and the research of its immunological activity. Int J Biol Macromol. 2012;51:299-304 pubmed publisher..GAL demonstrates the significant immunological activity, which provides the theoretical basis for the further experiment in vivo. ..
- Zha W, ZHA B, Zhou F, Zhou H, Wang G. The cellular pharmacokinetics of HIV protease inhibitors: current knowledge and future perspectives. Curr Drug Metab. 2012;13:1174-83 pubmed
- Zhou Y, Fang L, Jiang L, Wen P, Cao H, He W, et al. Uric acid induces renal inflammation via activating tubular NF-?B signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39738 pubmed publisher..Activation of NF-?B signaling was also observed in tubule of hyperuricemia mice. These results suggest that uric acid induces renal inflammation via activation of NF-?B signaling. ..
- Dong Y, Xu J, Hao S, Sun H. The complete mitochondrial genome of the giant pill millipede, Sphaerotheriidae sp. (Myriapoda: Diplopoda: Sphaerotheriida). Mitochondrial DNA. 2012;23:333-5 pubmed publisher..Gene order in Sphaerotheriidae sp. mitogenome is assumed to represent the myriapod ground pattern, which is shared by myriapod-chelicerate clade. ..
- Wu L, Jiang Y, Tang Q, Lin H, Lu C, Yao H. Development of an Aeromonas hydrophila recombinant extracellular protease vaccine. Microb Pathog. 2012;53:183-8 pubmed publisher..01), thus indicating that the recombinant epr2-3 protein provided significant protection against Ah infection. Therefore, the recombinant epr2-3 is a promising candidate for development as a vaccine against Ah infections...
- Cai J, Duan Y, Yu J, Chen J, Chao M, Ji M. Bone-targeting glycol and NSAIDS ester prodrugs of rhein: synthesis, hydroxyapatite affinity, stability, anti-inflammatory, ulcerogenicity index and pharmacokinetics studies. Eur J Med Chem. 2012;55:409-19 pubmed publisher..Our pharmacokinetic studies of 7e demonstrated this prodrug is a potential candidate for a slower and sustained release form of rhein. ..
- Pan X, Chen Z, Huang R, Yao Y, Ma G. Transforming growth factor ?1 induces the expression of collagen type I by DNA methylation in cardiac fibroblasts. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60335 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that the DNMT-mediated DNA methylation is an important mechanism in regulating the TGF-?1-induced COL1A1 gene expression. ..
- Zhang L, Lin Y, Leng X, Huang M, Zhou G. Effect of sage (Salvia officinalis) on the oxidative stability of Chinese-style sausage during refrigerated storage. Meat Sci. 2013;95:145-50 pubmed publisher..05). Addition of sage to the sausages at levels of 0.1% and 0.15% reduced textural deterioration during refrigerated storage (P<0.05). Sage used in this study had no negative effects on the sensory properties of sausages...
- Qi Z, Yin F, Lu L, Shen L, Qi S, Lan L, et al. Baicalein reduces lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation via suppressing JAK/STATs activation and ROS production. Inflamm Res. 2013;62:845-55 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that suppressing JAK/STATs activation and interfering with ROS production might contribute to the anti-inflammatory action of baicalein in macrophages. ..
- Liu J, Feng L, Ma D, Zhang M, Gu J, Wang S, et al. Neuroprotective effect of paeonol on cognition deficits of diabetic encephalopathy in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat. Neurosci Lett. 2013;549:63-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study demonstrated diabetic rats treated with paeonol could ameliorate the cognition deficits. These findings indicated paeonol might act as a beneficial agent for the prevention and treatment of DE. ..
- Xu Z, Zhang L, Wang Q, Marshall C, Xiao N, Gao J, et al. Aerobic exercise combined with antioxidative treatment does not counteract moderate- or mid-stage Alzheimer-like pathophysiology of APP/PS1 mice. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2013;19:795-803 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that a combined treatment of aerobic exercise plus antioxidative stress does not counteract pathophysiology in the moderate- or mid-stages of AD. ..
- Liu Z, Sun M, Lu K, Liu J, Zhang M, Wu W, et al. The long noncoding RNA HOTAIR contributes to cisplatin resistance of human lung adenocarcinoma cells via downregualtion of p21(WAF1/CIP1) expression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77293 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that upregulation of HOTAIR contributes to the cisplatin resistance of LAD cells, at least in part, through the regulation of p21 expression. ..