Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- Shao Z, Pan X, Li X, Liu W, Han M, Wang C, et al. HtpS, a novel immunogenic cell surface-exposed protein of Streptococcus suis, confers protection in mice. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2011;314:174-82 pubmed publisher..suis 2 and also enhance the clearance of S. suis 2 in whole blood. In addition, mice could be immunized against S. suis 2 infection and were well protected after immunization with recombinant HtpS. ..
- Geriletu -, Xu L, Xurihua -, Li X. Vaccination of chickens with DNA vaccine expressing Eimeria tenella MZ5-7 against coccidiosis. Vet Parasitol. 2011;177:6-12 pubmed publisher..0-MZ group and all the three control groups. In short, MZ5-7 was an effective candidate antigen for vaccine and co-expression of cytokine with antigen was an alternative method to enhance the immunity DNA vaccine...
- Jin R, Yuan W, Xu H, Ren W, Zhuang L, Zhou G. Characterization of a novel isoform of the human ORMDL3 gene. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;346:203-8 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the presence of a novel ORMDL3 splicing isoform, ORMDL3 V1 in human. ..
- He Y, Li N, Chen Y, Chen X, Bai J, Wu J, et al. Cloning, expression, and characterization of an adenylate cyclase from Arthrobacter sp. CGMCC 3584. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;96:963-70 pubmed..04 ?mol/min/mg when 50 mM Mg2+ was added. This was the first report of the cloning of an adenylate cyclase gene from Arthrobacter sp. ..
- Zhang J, Li H, Wang X, Qi H, Miao X, Zhang T, et al. Phage-derived fully human antibody scFv fragment directed against human vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 blocked its interaction with VEGF. Biotechnol Prog. 2012;28:981-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that we have successfully isolated a scFv which differentially recognizes KDR3 and has potential clinical applications in the treatment of angiogenesis related diseases. ..
- Ju Q, Qu M, Wang Y, Jiang X, Li X, Dong S, et al. Molecular and biochemical characterization of two odorant-binding proteins from dark black chafer, Holotrichia parallela. Genome. 2012;55:537-46 pubmed publisher..This discovery should accelerate research on chemical communications of this pest, which could potentially lead to the improvement of control measures based on lures and traps. ..
- Huang C, Zhang X, Qu J, Zhang P, Tan S. Robust preparative-scale extracellular production of hirudin in Escherichia coli and its purification and characterization. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;39:1487-94 pubmed..Taken together, the rHV3 produced in multigram quantities in E. coli by this bioprocess meets the regulatory criteria for biopharmaceuticals and can be used as a drug candidate for preclinical studies. ..
- Wang Z, Zheng J, Zhang X, Peng J, Liu J, Huang Y. Identification and sequence analysis of metazoan tRNA 3'-end processing enzymes tRNase Zs. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44264 pubmed publisher..Our analysis also unveils new evolutionarily conserved motifs in tRNase Zs, including the C-terminal AxDx motif, which may have functional significance. ..
- Jin P, Zhou L, Song X, Qian J, Chen L, Ma F. Particularity and universality of a putative Gram-negative bacteria-binding protein (GNBP) gene from amphioxus (Branchiostoma belcheri): insights into the function and evolution of GNBP. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;33:835-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings disclose the particularity and universality of AmphiGNBP and provide profound insights into the function and evolution of GNBP. ..
- Song X, Du J, Zhu W, Jin P, Ma F. Identification and characterization of an apoptosis-stimulating protein of p53 (ASPP) gene from Branchiostoma belcheri: Insights into evolution of ASPP gene family. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;49:268-74 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provided an insight into the evolution and innate immunity function of the ASPP family. ..
- Xiu Y, Wang Y, Bi J, Liu Y, Ning M, Liu H, et al. A novel C-type lectin is involved in the innate immunity of Macrobrachium nipponense. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;50:117-26 pubmed publisher..These results clearly suggested that MnCTLDcp1 functions as a pattern-recognition receptor involved in the innate immunity of M. nipponense. ..
- Qin G, Chen P, Liu Y, Fang Y, Liu D. [Screening for resistance gene candidate from a genomic TAC library of Triticum aestivum-Haynaldia villosa translocation line 6VS/6AL by pooled PCR]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2002;18:313-7 pubmed..The positive clone was confirmed by Southern hybridization with the NBS fragment as a probe. The results indicate that the pooled PCR method is effective for screening of genomic libraries having large number of clones...
- Yao S, Gao X, Fuchsbauer N, Hillen W, Vater J, Wang J. Cloning, sequencing, and characterization of the genetic region relevant to biosynthesis of the lipopeptides iturin A and surfactin in Bacillus subtilis. Curr Microbiol. 2003;47:272-7 pubmed..subtilis ATCC21332 producing surfactin comprise an approximately 4-kb nucleotide fragment encoding four unknown proteins. There is 73% identity between the Lpa family and the Sfp family, although both are highly conserved...
- Sun L, Zou Z, Collodi P, Xu F, Xu X, Zhao Q. Identification and characterization of a second fibronectin gene in zebrafish. Matrix Biol. 2005;24:69-77 pubmed..The presence of multiple isoforms of FN1b along with a different pattern of expression compared to FN1a indicates that the two fn genes have separate roles in zebrafish development. ..
- Yin L, Li J, Zhou Z, Sha J. Identification of a novel testis-specific gene and its potential roles in testis development/spermatogenesis. Asian J Androl. 2005;7:127-37 pubmed..NYD-SP5 is a newly found testis-specific gene with potential roles in testis development and spermatogenesis through a calmodulin-activated enzyme. ..
- Jiao R, He Q, Chen H, Hua Z, Jiao Q, Chiu J. AUF1-like protein binds specifically to DAS cis-acting element that regulates mouse alpha-fetoprotein gene expression. J Cell Biochem. 2006;98:1257-70 pubmed..Our results suggest that the 30-kDa protein is a novel isoform of AUF1 family and is the main component of the DAP-II complex that binds to the DAS sequence. ..
- Chen Y, Wang X, Ben J, Yue S, Bai H, Guan X, et al. The di-leucine motif contributes to class a scavenger receptor-mediated internalization of acetylated lipoproteins. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:1317-22 pubmed..The di-leucine pair was not associated to coated pits. It suggests that di-leucine motif acts as a signal sequence to mediate SR-A into cell. ..
- Wang B, Zhang M, Ni Y, Liu F, Fan H, Fei L, et al. Identification and characterization of NYGGF4, a novel gene containing a phosphotyrosine-binding (PTB) domain that stimulates 3T3-L1 preadipocytes proliferation. Gene. 2006;379:132-40 pubmed..And the NYGGF4 expression 3T3-L1 cells had a greater number of cells in S-phase. Our data suggest that NYGGF4 might be a signaling molecule and could play a role in cell growth and adipogenesis process. ..
- Chen T, Zhang Y, Zhao L, Zhu Z, Lin J, Zhang S, et al. Fine mapping and candidate gene analysis of a green-revertible albino gene gra(t) in rice. J Genet Genomics. 2009;36:117-23 pubmed publisher..Sequence analysis indicated that only one base substitution C to T occurred in the coding region, which caused a missense mutation (Thr to Ile) in gra(t) mutant. These results are very valuable for further study on gra(t) gene. ..
- Liu W, Wang M, Huang J, Tang H, Lan H, Zhang H. The OsDHODH1 gene is involved in salt and drought tolerance in rice. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:825-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal, for the first time, that cytosolic dihydroorotate dehydrogenase is involved in plant stress response and that OsDHODH1 could be used in engineering crop plants with enhanced tolerance to salt and drought...
- Yao Y, Lin X, Su J, Yang G, Hou Y, Lei Z. Cloning and distribution of neuropeptide S and its receptor in the pig. Neuropeptides. 2009;43:465-81 pubmed publisher..This research provided molecular and morphological data for further study of physiological function of NPS-NPSR system. ..
- Shen Y, Lu P, Mei H, Yu H, Hong Q, Li S. Isolation of a methyl parathion-degrading strain Stenotrophomonas sp. SMSP-1 and cloning of the ophc2 gene. Biodegradation. 2010;21:785-92 pubmed publisher..The ophc2 gene was effectively expressed in E. coli. This is the second report of cloning the ophc2 gene and the first report of this gene from the genus of Stenotrophomonas...
- Sun F, Yang X, Li Y, Hou X. Molecular cloning and characterisation of cytoplasmic glutamine synthetase gene BcGS1 from non-heading Chinese cabbage. J Sci Food Agric. 2010;90:891-7 pubmed publisher..BcGS1 was significantly related to N assimilation in non-heading Chinese cabbage, demonstrating that this gene plays an important role in plant growth and development. ..
- Wang J, Ding H, Zhang A, Ma F, Cao J, Jiang M. A novel mitogen-activated protein kinase gene in maize (Zea mays), ZmMPK3, is involved in response to diverse environmental cues. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:442-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the results showed that the ZmMPK3 protein is localized mainly to the nucleus. These results suggest that the ZmMPK3 may play an important role in response to environmental stresses...
- Cui X, Han Y, Pan Y, Xu X, Ren W, Zhang S. Molecular cloning, expression and functional analysis of interleukin-8 (IL-8) in South African clawed frog (Xenopus laevis). Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:1159-65 pubmed publisher..The present study may be useful for understanding the anti-bacteria immunity in amphibian and gives the potential to use the recombinant proteins to manipulate the immune response. ..
- Wu Z, Zhao J, Gao R, Hu G, Gai J, Xu G, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis of two members of the Pht1 family of phosphate transporters in Glycine max. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19752 pubmed publisher..Thereby, the two phosphate transporters can perform translocation of phosphate within the plant. ..
- Xue J, Wang Y, Wu P, Wang Q, Yang L, Pan X, et al. A primary survey on bryophyte species reveals two novel classes of nucleotide-binding site (NBS) genes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36700 pubmed publisher..The presence of specific introns highlights the chimerical structures of HNL, PNL and TNL genes, and implies their possible origin via exon-shuffling during the quick lineage separation processes of early land plants...
- Zhang D, Ali Z, Wang C, Xu L, Yi J, Xu Z, et al. Genome-wide sequence characterization and expression analysis of major intrinsic proteins in soybean (Glycine max L.). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56312 pubmed publisher..It can be speculated that GmMIPs contains true aquaporins, glyceroporins, aquaglyceroporins and mixed transport facilitators. ..
- Tang Z, Wu M, Li Y, Zheng X, Liu H, Cheng X, et al. Absolute quantification of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 in human tumor cell lines and tissues by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry using both isotopic and non-isotopic internal standards. Anal Chim Acta. 2013;772:59-67 pubmed publisher..The universal applicability of the non-isotopic IS approach for the quantification of proteins warrants further research. ..
- Wang R, Liu S, Wang J, Dong Q, Xu L, Rui Q. Purification, characterization and identification of a senescence related serine protease in dark-induced senescent wheat leaves. Phytochemistry. 2013;95:118-26 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these data suggest that a serine protease of the S8A subfamily with specific biochemical properties is involved in senescence-associated protein degradation. ..
- Wan Y, Zuo X, Zhuo Y, Zhu M, Danziger S, Zhou Z. The functional role of SUMO E3 ligase Mms21p in the maintenance of subtelomeric silencing in budding yeast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:746-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest an important role of Mms21p; it contributes to subtelomeric silencing during the formation of a heterochromatin boundary. ..
- Yang S, Liu D, Wang Y, Qu F, He Y, Sun Z, et al. Bufavirus Protoparvovirus in feces of wild rats in China. Virus Genes. 2016;52:130-3 pubmed publisher..Our epidemiologic study indicated that the prevalence rate of RatBuV in the cohort of 40 wild rats is 12.5 % (5/40), which is higher than that of BuV in humans in a previous study. ..
- Ren X, Han Z, Wang Y. Mechanisms of monocrotophos resistance in cotton bollworm, Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner). Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2002;51:103-10 pubmed publisher..One of them, the Ala/Thr mutation, is likely to be responsible for the AChE insensitivity to monocrotophos...
- Huang X, Wang H, Xu M, Lu L, Xu Z, Li J, et al. Expression of a novel RAD23B mRNA splice variant in the human testis. J Androl. 2004;25:363-8 pubmed..Our present study indicates that this novel alternative splicing form of RAD23B is correlated with human spermatogenesis. ..
- Zhu H, Zhou Z, Huo R, Huang X, Lu L, Lin M, et al. Identification and characteristics of a novel E1 like gene nUBE1L in human testis. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2004;36:227-34 pubmed..In conclusion, nUBE1L is a novel human E1 like gene highly expressed in adult testis, which plays key role in ubiquitin system, and accordingly influences spermatogenesis and male fertility. ..
- Hu Y, Zhou Z, Huang X, Xu M, Lu L, Xu Z, et al. Expression of a novel DnaJA1 alternative splicing in human testis and sperm. Int J Androl. 2004;27:343-9 pubmed..Protein motif analysis of nDnaJA1 sequence revealed motifs of DnaJ. nDnaJA1 was considered as type I DnaJ like the other members of DnaJA1 family. ..
- Wu L, Diao Z, Deng X, Gao J, Zhou Z, Liu Y, et al. DNA vaccine against Taenia solium cysticercosis expressed as a modified hepatitis B virus core particle containing three epitopes shared by Taenia crassiceps and Taenia solium. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2005;5:1204-10 pubmed..Pigs were immunized with pVAX-S-deltaC-3n. Two weeks after the immunization booster, pigs were introduced to infectious T. solium eggs. The relative protective rate induced in pigs immunized with the DNA vaccine pVAX-S-deltaC-3n was 83%...
- Meng Q, Zhang C, Gai J, Yu D. Molecular cloning, sequence characterization and tissue-specific expression of six NAC-like genes in soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.). J Plant Physiol. 2007;164:1002-12 pubmed publisher..Our results may provide the basis for future investigations of NAC-like genes' roles in seed development and other physiological processes in this important crop...
- Liu Y, Liu J, Chen J, Cheng L, Cao Q, Zhu L, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel splice variant of the LIM domain family gene, PINCH 2, in human testis. Mol Biotechnol. 2007;35:109-18 pubmed..These results suggest that PINCH 2, a novel LIM domain-containing gene, may play an important role in testicular development/spermatogenesis. ..
- Wang X, Wang P, Huang M, Zhou J, Han Z. [The localization of galanthamine in vegetative organ of Lycoris aurea Herb]. Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2007;40:339-45 pubmed..The scale leaf is the essential accumulational organ. Plenty of galanthamine distribute in the adaxial parenchyma cell, epidermis cell wall, and also in the clingy cell of abaxial epidermis cell...
- Dan W, Wang S, Liang J, Zhang S. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of porcine gamma-interferon-inducible lysosomal thiol reductase (GILT). Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008;126:163-7 pubmed publisher..It also provided the basis for investigations on the role of GILT in this important domestic species and an animal model for human diseases. ..
- Wang S, He Y, Bao R, Teng Y, Ye B, Zhou C. Cloning, expression, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of hypothetical protein SCO4226 from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008;64:847-50 pubmed publisher..An X-ray diffraction data set was collected to 2.0 A resolution. The crystal belonged to space group P2(1), with unit-cell parameters a = 29.67, b = 67.00, c = 34.43 A, alpha = gamma = 90.00, beta = 94.26 degrees . ..
- Wang S, Cai Y, Lin Q, Sheng X, Shui Y, Zhang S. Molecular cloning, in vitro expression and bioactivity of dog A proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL). Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2009;128:407-12 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that dAPRIL plays an important role in survival/proliferation of dog B cells and provide the basis for investigation on the roles of APRIL in this important domestic species. ..
- Liu X, Ding S. Molecular characterization of a new acetyl xylan esterase (AXEII) from edible straw mushroom Volvariella volvacea with both de-O-acetylation and de-N-acetylation activity. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2009;295:50-6 pubmed publisher..The recombinant VvAXEII requires activation by bivalent cations such as Co2+ and Mg2+. Interestingly, the recombinant VvAXEII showed no deacetylation activity to fully acetylated monosaccharides such as xylose tetraacetate. ..
- Chen S, Song Y, Cao J, Wang G, Wei H, Xu X, et al. Localization and function of calmodulin in live-cells of Aspergillus nidulans. Fungal Genet Biol. 2010;47:268-78 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of CaM localization and function in live-cells by the site-specific homologous integration in filamentous fungi. ..
- Meng Q, Ou J, Ji H, Jiang X, Gu W, Wang W. Identification and characterization of spiralin-like protein SLP25 from Spiroplasma eriocheiris. Vet Microbiol. 2010;144:473-7 pubmed publisher..eriocheiris. A specific immunoreactive band was detected when anti-S. eriocheiris serum was opposed to the recombinant protein. This finding suggests that SLP25 could be a good antigen for immunodiagnosis of TD of E. sinensis. ..
- Ma G, Lu C, Osterrieder N. Residue 752 in DNA polymerase of equine herpesvirus type 1 is non-essential for virus growth in vitro. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:1817-22 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that amino acid residue 752 in EHV-1 Pol is not required for virus growth, and that only the N752 mutation confers a drug-sensitive phenotype to the virus...
- Li S, Cai H, Qing Y, Ren B, Xu H, Zhu H, et al. Cloning and characterization of a sucrose isomerase from Erwinia rhapontici NX-5 for isomaltulose hyperproduction. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2011;163:52-63 pubmed publisher..The immobilized E. coli cells remained stable for more than 30 days in a "batch"-type enzyme reactor. This indicated that the recombinant SIase could continuously and efficiently produce isomaltulose. ..
- Chen H, Yi C, Zhang J, Zhang W, Ge Z, Yang C, et al. Structural insight into the oxidation-sensing mechanism of the antibiotic resistance of regulator MexR. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:685-90 pubmed publisher..1 A. This crystal structure reveals the mechanism by which oxidative signal allosterically derepresses the MexR-controlled transcription activation. ..
- Yin Z, Meng F, Song H, Wang X, Chao M, Zhang G, et al. GmFtsH9 expression correlates with in vivo photosystem II function: chlorophyll a fluorescence transient analysis and eQTL mapping in soybean. Planta. 2011;234:815-27 pubmed publisher..These results further lead to the understanding of the mechanism underlying FtsH gene expression, and contribute to the development of marker-assisted selection breeding programs for modulating soybean FtsH gene expression...
- Cao Z, Geng B, Xu S, Xuan W, Nie L, Shen W, et al. BnHO1, a haem oxygenase-1 gene from Brassica napus, is required for salinity and osmotic stress-induced lateral root formation. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:4675-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggested a novel role of the rapeseed HO-1 gene in salinity and osmotic stress-induced LR formation, with a possible interaction with auxin signalling...
- Cui L, Yin W, Dong S, Wang Y. Analysis of polymorphism and transcription of the effector gene Avr1b in Phytophthora sojae isolates from China virulent to Rps1b. Mol Plant Pathol. 2012;13:114-22 pubmed publisher..The transcription of Avr1b-1 was analysed in virulent isolates containing four alleles of Avr1b-1 by real-time reverse transcription-PCR. In all virulent isolates, only those isolates containing the second allele transcripted Avr1b-1...
- Shan H, Chen S, Jiang J, Chen F, Chen Y, Gu C, et al. Heterologous expression of the chrysanthemum R2R3-MYB transcription factor CmMYB2 enhances drought and salinity tolerance, increases hypersensitivity to ABA and delays flowering in Arabidopsis thaliana. Mol Biotechnol. 2012;51:160-73 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that CmMYB2 may be a promising gene for the drought and salt tolerance improvement and flowering-time modulation. ..
- Zhang W, Zeng X, Zhang L, Peng H, Jiao Y, Zeng J, et al. Computational identification of epitopes in the glycoproteins of novel bunyavirus (SFTS virus) recognized by a human monoclonal antibody (MAb 4-5). J Comput Aided Mol Des. 2013;27:539-50 pubmed publisher..These predicted epitopes can be verified by experimental methods. We also discuss the involvement of different amino acids in the antigen-antibody recognition based on the distributions of MCSS minima of different functional groups. ..
- Huang J, Wang J, Qiu S, Zhang H. Isolation and characterization of two cDNAs encoding translation initiation factor 1A from rice(Oryza sativa L.). DNA Seq. 2004;15:39-43 pubmed
- Ruan H, Zhang N, Gao X. Identification of a novel point mutation of mouse proto-oncogene c-kit through N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea mutagenesis. Genetics. 2005;169:819-31 pubmed..Therefore, the Wads mutant may serve as a new disease model of human piebaldism, anemia, deafness, sterility, and mast cell diseases. ..
- Wang Y, Liu S, Ji S, Zhang W, Wang C, Jiang L, et al. Fine mapping and marker-assisted selection (MAS) of a low glutelin content gene in rice. Cell Res. 2005;15:622-30 pubmed publisher..The selection efficiencies of SSR2-004 and RM1358 were 96.8% and 92.7% respectively. This provides a standard starting point for the breeding of low glutelin content rice varieties in China...
- Xing B, Xu Y, Cheng Y, Liu H, Du M. Overexpression of IGF2R and IGF1R mRNA in SCNT-produced goats survived to adulthood. J Genet Genomics. 2007;34:709-19 pubmed
- Zhang M, Li K, Zhang C, Gai J, Yu D. Identification and characterization of class 1 DXS gene encoding 1-deoxy-D-xylulose-5-phosphate synthase, the first committed enzyme of the MEP pathway from soybean. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:879-87 pubmed publisher..The relatively higher photosynthetic pigment content in transgenic tobacco leaves compared to the control implied that GmDXS1 catalyzed the first potential regulatory step in photosynthetic pigment biosynthesis via the MEP pathway. ..
- Li Y, Li X, Jiang Y, Wang R, Xia B. Cloning and heterologous expression of a new 3'-hydroxylase gene from Lycoris radiata. Z Naturforsch C. 2009;64:138-42 pubmed..These findings suggest that the new gene is closely related to the biosynthesis of caffeic acid, which is also an important step of the galanthamine biosynthesis in Amaryllidaceae plants...
- Lin F, Ding H, Wang J, Zhang H, Zhang A, Zhang Y, et al. Positive feedback regulation of maize NADPH oxidase by mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade in abscisic acid signalling. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:3221-38 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that there is a positive feedback loop involving NADPH oxidase, H(2)O(2), and ZmMPK5 in ABA signalling. ..
- Zhang Z, Tian W, Liu D, Liu Y, Shen Q, Shen B. Characterization of a cryptic plasmid pPZZ84 from Bacillus pumilus. Plasmid. 2010;64:200-3 pubmed publisher..The plasmid copy number of pPZZ84 in B. pumilus ZZ84 was estimated to be 46 per cell, more than that of other BsSRC plasmids in their hosts. ..
- Zhao W, Yu H, Li S, Huang Y. Identification and analysis of candidate fungal tRNA 3'-end processing endonucleases tRNase Zs, homologs of the putative prostate cancer susceptibility protein ELAC2. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:272 pubmed publisher..Our results support the proposal that tRNase ZL has evolved as a result of duplication and diversification of the tRNase ZS gene. ..
- Fan L, Wang Z, Liu J, Guo W, Yan J, Huang Y. A survey of green plant tRNA 3'-end processing enzyme tRNase Zs, homologs of the candidate prostate cancer susceptibility protein ELAC2. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:219 pubmed publisher..Our results also support the coevolution of tRNase Zs and tRNA 3'-trailer sequences in plants. ..
- Zhang J, Sang M, Li J, Zhao W, Ma H, Min C, et al. Molecular structure and characterization of the cytokine TWEAK and its receptor Fn14 in bovine. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2011;144:238-46 pubmed publisher..It will be helpful for investigation on the biological role of the TWEAK/Fn14 system in this important animal model. Furthermore, it provides insight into the molecular evolution of the emerging TWEAK and Fn14 families. ..
- Liu Z, Gu C, Chen F, Yang D, Wu K, Chen S, et al. Heterologous expression of a Nelumbo nucifera phytochelatin synthase gene enhances cadmium tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2012;166:722-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NnPCS1 involved in the response of N. nucifera to Cd stress and may represent a useful target gene for the phytoremediation of Cd-polluted water...
- Tong Y, Luo J, Wang R, Wang X, Kong L. New cyclic peptides with osteoblastic proliferative activity from Dianthus superbus. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:1908-11 pubmed publisher..The isolated three compounds all increase proliferation of MC3T3-E1 cells in vitro using MTT method. ..
- Xie Y, Lai D, Mao Y, Zhang W, Shen W, Guan R. Molecular cloning, characterization, and expression analysis of a novel gene encoding L-cysteine desulfhydrase from Brassica napus. Mol Biotechnol. 2013;54:737-46 pubmed publisher..Overall, the above findings provide evidence showing that BnDES1 is a potentially important enzyme responsible for the H2S production, and may play an important role in plant growth regulators and chemical stimuli responses...
- Liu D, Wang Y, Wei L, Ye H, Liu H, Wang L, et al. Snake venom-like waprin from the frog of Ceratophrys calcarata contains antimicrobial function. Gene. 2013;514:99-104 pubmed publisher..It had no serine protease-inhibitory activity. The current results suggested that the snake venom-like waprin with antimicrobial activities in the frog skin plays a role in innate immunity. ..
- Gu C, Liu L, Zhao Y, Deng Y, Zhu X, Huang S. Overexpression of Iris. lactea var. chinensis metallothionein llMT2a enhances cadmium tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014;105:22-8 pubmed publisher..Together, IlMT2a may be a promising gene for the cadmium tolerance improvement. ..
- Li X, Xue C, Li J, Qiao X, Li L, Yu L, et al. Genome-Wide Identification, Evolution and Functional Divergence of MYB Transcription Factors in Chinese White Pear (Pyrus bretschneideri). Plant Cell Physiol. 2016;57:824-47 pubmed publisher..The phylogenetic, evolution and expression analyses of the MYB gene family in Chinese white pear establish a solid foundation for future comprehensive functional analysis of Pbr MYB genes. ..
- Liu C, Yao J, Wei Q, Xing G, Cao X. Spatial and temporal expression patterns of Osbpl2a and Osbpl2b during zebrafish embryonic development. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2016;84:174-9 pubmed publisher..This work would contribute to the further study of the molecular mechanism and function of OSBPL2 implicated with ADNSHL. ..
- Pan J, Wang X, Song W, Chen J, Li C, Zhao Q. Molecular cloning and expression pattern of myostatin gene in yellow catfish (Pelteobagrus fulvidraco). DNA Seq. 2007;18:279-87 pubmed..1% identity with cattle Mstn respectively. Employing reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) analysis, we demonstrated that the yellow catfish Mstn gene is expressed in a variety of tissues with varied levels...
- Zhang F, Cui X, Fu Y, Zhang J, Zhou Y, Sun Y, et al. Antimicrobial activity and mechanism of the human milk-sourced peptide Casein201. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;485:698-704 pubmed publisher..We conclude the antimicrobial activity and mechanism of Casein201. Our data demonstrate that Casein201 has potential therapeutic value for the prevention and treatment of pathogens in neonatal infection. ..
- Bi K, Han K, Liu Q, Zhao D, Huang X, Liu Y, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization, and expression of duck 2'-5'-oligoadenylate synthetase-like gene. Gene. 2017;629:43-51 pubmed publisher..These results provide a solid foundation for performing further studies to determine the mechanism underlying the antiviral effect of duOASL at the cellular level. ..
- Wang H, Huo R, Xu M, Lu L, Xu Z, Li J, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel transcript variant of IQGAP2 in human testis. DNA Seq. 2004;15:319-25 pubmed..The above results suggest the potential role of tsIQGAP2 during spermatogenesis and the mechanism by which tsIQGAP2 regulating spermatogenesis also has been proposed. ..
- Qiu J, Gao C, Zhang M, Chen R, Chi X, Liu F, et al. LYRM1, a novel gene promotes proliferation and inhibits apoptosis of preadipocytes. Eur J Endocrinol. 2009;160:177-84 pubmed publisher..By increasing cell proliferation and lowering the rate of apoptosis, LYRM1 has the potential to modulate the size of the preadipocyte pool and influence adipose tissue homeostasis. ..
- Yuan G, Gao W, Yang Y, Wu Y. Molecular cloning, genomic structure, and genetic mapping of two Rdl-orthologous genes of GABA receptors in the diamondback moth, Plutella xylostella. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2010;74:81-90 pubmed publisher..PxGABARalpha2 has a serine instead of an alanine at the equivalent position. With two informative DNA markers, both PxGABARalpha1 and PxGABARalpha2 were mapped onto the Z chromosome of P. xylostella...
- Ren A, Ouyang X, Shi L, Jiang A, Mu D, Li M, et al. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of GlHMGS, a gene encoding hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA synthase from Ganoderma lucidum (Ling-zhi) in ganoderic acid biosynthesis pathway. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013;29:523-31 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of GlHMGS enhanced GA content in G. lucidum. This study provides useful information for further studying this gene and on its function in the ganoderic acid biosynthetic pathway in G. lucidum...
- Xiao P, Zhou X, Zhang H, Xiong K, Teng Y, Huang X, et al. Characterization of the nuclear localization signal of the mouse TET3 protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:373-7 pubmed publisher..The KKRK sequence facilitates the cytoplasmic protein's translocation into the nucleus. Additionally TET3 may be imported into the nucleus by importin-? and importin-?. ..
- Xu Y, Li L, Li J, Liu Q. Structural and biological function of NYD-SP15 as a new member of cytidine deaminases. Gene. 2016;583:36-47 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NYD-SP15 gene over-expression reduced the cells growth and blocked G1 to S phase, which implied a potential inhibition effect on cell growth. ..
- Lin F, Zhang Y, Jiang M. Alternative splicing and differential expression of two transcripts of nicotine adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase B gene from Zea mays. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:287-98 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insight into roles in the expression regulation of plant rboh genes and suggest that ZmrbohB gene may play a role in response to environmental stresses...
- Li G, Li M, Fang W, Wang W, He Y, Song X, et al. Cloning and characterization of porcine NOBOX gene. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2009;25:1130-7 pubmed..The expression of NOBOX in developmental stages is higher than that in GV-stage oocytes, which suggested that the expression of pNOBOX was enhanced in developmental stages. ..
- Gu W, Xi B, Wu Q, Chao J, Li L, Shen X. [Cloning and distribution pattern of HMGR gene conserved fragment in Alisma orientale]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2011;34:1335-9 pubmed..The HMGR gene conserved fragment from A. orientale was cloned and its distribution pattern was detected for the first time. This work provides a foundation for exploring the synthetic pathway and bioengineering of Alisma terpenes. ..
- Li F, Zhai Y, Tang Y, Wang L, Wan P. Identification of a novel partner gene, TPR, fused to FGFR1 in 8p11 myeloproliferative syndrome. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2012;51:890-7 pubmed publisher..Our results further support a critical role of FGFR1 in the pathogenesis of EMS and may lead to more accurate diagnosis and potential targeted therapy. ..
- Jia S, Wan P, Zhou L, Mu L, Li G. Knockdown of a putative Halloween gene Shade reveals its role in ecdysteroidogenesis in the small brown planthopper Laodelphax striatellus. Gene. 2013;531:168-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that the ecdysteroidogenic pathway is conserved in insects, and LsSHD functions to regulate metamorphotic processes by converting E to 20E even in a hemipteran insect, L. striatellus. ..
- Rahman M, Culsum U, Kumar A, Gao H, Hu N. Immobilization of a novel cold active esterase onto Fe3O4âˆ¼cellulose nano-composite enhances catalytic properties. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;87:488-97 pubmed publisher..76 to 51.14Î¼M/min) and Kcat (from 365s(-1) to 520s(-1)) after immobilization. The superior catalytic properties of immobilized EstH suggest its great potential in biotechnology and industrial processes. ..