Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on disease progression in Changsha, Hunan, China
Locale: Changsha, Hunan, China
Topic: disease progression
- He Z, Chen Y, Chen P, Wu G, Cai S. Local inflammation occurs before systemic inflammation in patients with COPD. Respirology. 2010;15:478-84 pubmed publisher..Systemic inflammation may be present in patients with severe or very severe COPD. ..
- Yang Z, Liu F, Yang Z. BRMS1 and HPA as Progression, Clinical Biological Behaviors, and Poor Prognosis-related Biomarkers for Gallbladder Adenocarcinoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2016;24:275-82 pubmed publisher..The expression of BRMS1 and/or HPA might be closely related to the carcinogenesis, clinical biological behaviors, and prognosis of gallbladder adenocarcinoma. ..
- Zhang H, Qi F, Shi Y, Miao J, Zhou M, He W, et al. RNA interference-mediated vascular endothelial growth factor-C reduction suppresses malignant progression and enhances mitomycin C sensitivity of bladder cancer T24 cells. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2012;27:291-8 pubmed publisher..RNAi targeting VEGF-C could effectively suppress malignant progression and enhance chemosensitivity of T24 cells. Thus, inhibition of VEGF-C expression is a potential and promising therapeutic strategy for bladder cancer. ..
- Wang Y, Liang Q, Ramkalawan H, Zhang W, Zhou W, Xiao B, et al. Inactivation of TLR9 by a suppressive oligodeoxynucleotides can ameliorate the clinical signs of EAN. Immunol Invest. 2012;41:171-82 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that TLR9 may be involved in the pathogenesis of EAN. ..
- Liu D, Yang Z. Overexpression of EZH2 and loss of expression of PTEN is associated with invasion, metastasis, and poor progression of gallbladder adenocarcinoma. Pathol Res Pract. 2011;207:472-8 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that overexpression of EZH2 and loss of PTEN expression might be closely related to the carcinogenesis, progression, clinical biological behavior, and prognosis of gallbladder adenocarcinoma. ..
- Zou Q, Yang Z, Li D, Liu Z, Yuan Y. Association of chloride intracellular channel 4 and Indian hedgehog proteins with survival of patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Int J Exp Pathol. 2016;97:422-429 pubmed publisher..Thus CLIC4 and Ihh could serve as biological markers for the progression, metastasis and/or invasiveness of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. ..
- Zou Q, Yang L, Yang Z, Huang J, Fu X. PSCA and Oct-4 expression in the benign and malignant lesions of gallbladder: implication for carcinogenesis, progression, and prognosis of gallbladder adenocarcinoma. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:648420 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that overexpression of PSCA and Oct-4 might be closely related to the carcinogenesis, progression, metastasis, or invasive potential and prognosis of gallbladder carcinoma. ..
- Li F, Zou Y, Li X. Up-regulation of signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 is associated with aggravation of ulcerative colitis. Surgeon. 2010;8:262-6 pubmed publisher..Our study provides convincing evidence for the first time that the up-regulation of STAT-3 in colonic mucosa may be associated with the progression of human UC and STAT-3 may be a potential therapeutic target for this disease. ..
- Wu Y, Zhou C, Hu C, Feng J, Lu S, Huang Y, et al. Afatinib versus cisplatin plus gemcitabine for first-line treatment of Asian patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer harbouring EGFR mutations (LUX-Lung 6): an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:213-22 pubmed publisher..Afatinib should be considered as a first-line treatment option for this patient population. Boehringer Ingelheim. ..
- Wang J, Ni J, Yi S, Song D, Ding M. Protein inhibitor of activated STAT xÎ± depresses cyclin D and cyclin D kinase, and contributes to the inhibition of osteosarcoma cell progression. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1645-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings provide evidence for the effects of PIAsxÎ± and its mechanism on osteosarcoma progression, which offers novel insight into sumoylation and the cell cycle in osteosarcoma. ..
- Luo Z, Dai Y, Zhang L, Jiang C, Li Z, Yang J, et al. miR-18a promotes malignant progression by impairing microRNA biogenesis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:415-25 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that miR-18a plays an oncogenic role in the development of NPC by widespread downregulation of the miRNome and could be a potential therapeutic target for NPC. ..
- Liu D, Yuan X, Liu Q, Jiang X, Jiang W, Peng Z, et al. Large medial sphenoid wing meningiomas: long-term outcome and correlation with tumor size after microsurgical treatment in 127 consecutive cases. Turk Neurosurg. 2012;22:547-57 pubmed publisher..The size of tumor affected the extent of tumor removal determining clinical outcomes including VA improvement and KPS score immediately after surgery; however, it was not correlated with long-term overall outcomes. ..
- Liu D, Yang Z, Jiang S. Identification of musashi-1 and ALDH1 as carcinogenesis, progression, and poor-prognosis related biomarkers for gallbladder adenocarcinoma. Cancer Biomark. 2010;8:113-21 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that Msi-1 and/or ALDH1 expression might be closely related to the carcinogenesis, progression, clinical biological behaviors, and prognosis of gallbladder adenocarcinoma...
- Tang H, Liu X, Wang Z, She X, Zeng X, Deng M, et al. Interaction of hsa-miR-381 and glioma suppressor LRRC4 is involved in glioma growth. Brain Res. 2011;1390:21-32 pubmed publisher..In addition, the stable expression of hsa-miR-381 in blood provides a novel and promising diagnostic biomarker, and anti-hsa-miR-381 "antagomir" may be an ideal target for glioma therapy. ..
- Hou Z, Xu X, Zhou L, Fu X, Tao S, Zhou J, et al. The long non-coding RNA MALAT1 promotes the migration and invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma by sponging miR-204 and releasing SIRT1. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317718135 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a novel mechanism by which MALAT1 stimulates hepatocellular carcinoma progression and justifies targeting metastasis-associated lung adenocarcinoma transcript 1 as a potential therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Yuan Y, Xia Z, Mu J, Zhang Q, Yin B. Increased connective tissue growth factor expression in a rat model of chronic heart allograft rejection. J Formos Med Assoc. 2009;108:240-6 pubmed publisher..CTGF is expressed in cardiomyocytes in CAV. Increased expression of CTGF in cardiac allografts is associated with development of CAV and fibrosis formation. ..
- Tang R, Zhou Q, Ao X, Peng W, Veeraragoo P, Tang T. Fosinopril and losartan regulate klotho gene and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase expression in kidneys of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2011;34:350-7 pubmed publisher..Fos and Los can increase Klotho expression, and inhibit NADPH oxidase expression, which may be one of the mechanisms of their protective effects in hypertensive renal damage. ..
- Tian F, Zeng C, Ma Y, Guo T, Chen J, Chen Y, et al. Potential roles of Cdk5/p35 and tau protein in hippocampal mossy fiber sprouting in the PTZ kindling model. Clin Lab. 2010;56:127-36 pubmed..Cdk5/p35 and its substrate tau protein may be involved in MFS. Understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying MFS may lead to therapeutic interventions that limit epileptogenesis. ..
- Qu C, He D, Lu X, Dong L, Zhu Y, Zhao Q, et al. Salt-inducible Kinase (SIK1) regulates HCC progression and WNT/Î²-catenin activation. J Hepatol. 2016;64:1076-1089 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the critical roles of SIK1 and its targets in the regulation of HCC development and provides potential new candidates for HCC therapy. ..
- Sun Y, Yang C, Chen J, Song X, Li Z, Duan M, et al. Overexpression of WDR79 in non-small cell lung cancer is linked to tumour progression. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:698-709 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that WDR79 is involved in the tumorigenesis of NSCLC and is a potential novel diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for NSCLC. ..
- Shi J, Zhang C, Yi Z, Lan C. Explore the variation of MMP3, JNK, p38 MAPKs, and autophagy at the early stage of osteoarthritis. IUBMB Life. 2016;68:293-302 pubmed publisher..It also implicates a new therapeutic strategy for OA and other degenerate diseases based on selective MAPK inhibitors, reduction of MMP3, and autophagy. ..
- Liu C, Sun Y, She X, Tu C, Cheng X, Wang L, et al. CASC2c as an unfavorable prognosis factor interacts with miR-101 to mediate astrocytoma tumorigenesis. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2639 pubmed publisher..Combination of low expression of CASC2c and high expression of miR-101 has an important referential significance to evaluate the prognosis of patients. ..
- Liu J, Dai Y, Li X, Cao K, Xie D, Tong Z, et al. Solute carrier family 12 member 5 promotes tumor invasion/metastasis of bladder urothelial carcinoma by enhancing NF-ÎºB/MMP-7 signaling pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2691 pubmed publisher..Thus, SLC12A5 might be a prognostic marker as well as a therapeutic target for BUC. ..
- Chen Z, Xu L, Su T, Ke Z, Peng Z, Zhang N, et al. Autocrine STIP1 signaling promotes tumor growth and is associated with disease outcome in hepatocellular carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:365-372 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, STIP1 is upregulated in HCC and associated with poor clinical prognosis. Blocking STIP1 activity suppresses HCC cell growth, providing the rationale for STIP1 as a potential therapeutic target in HCC. ..
- Liu D, Yang Z, Jiang S. Identification of PEG10 and TSG101 as carcinogenesis, progression, and poor-prognosis related biomarkers for gallbladder adenocarcinoma. Pathol Oncol Res. 2011;17:859-66 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that overexpression of PEG10 and TSG101 might be closely related to the carcinogenesis, progression, clinical biological behaviors, and prognosis of gallbladder adenocarcinoma...
- Yi J, Li R. [Influence of near-work and outdoor activities on myopia progression in school children]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2011;13:32-5 pubmed..To study the influence of near-work and outdoor activities on myopia progression in school children...
- Li T, Zuo X, Zhou Y, Wang Y, Zhuang H, Zhang L, et al. The vagus nerve and nicotinic receptors involve inhibition of HMGB1 release and early pro-inflammatory cytokines function in collagen-induced arthritis. J Clin Immunol. 2010;30:213-20 pubmed publisher..Study of this pathway could be used for RA therapy. ..
- Ren H, Wang J, Pan G, Lv H, Wen J, Luo G, et al. Comparative proteomic analysis of beta-catenin-mediated malignant progression of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Dis Esophagus. 2010;23:175-84 pubmed publisher..The results presented here might provide potential protein markers to elucidate the mechanism of beta-catenin-mediated biologic characteristics for ESCC. ..
- Lin J, Zhou Z, Wang J, Zhang C, Huang G. From Type 1, through LADA, to type 2 diabetes: a continuous spectrum?. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008;1150:99-102 pubmed publisher..The preliminary data demonstrated that the susceptible haplotypes of the HLA-DQ gene present a continuous spectrum from typical T1DM, through LADA, to T2DM, which deserves further investigation. ..