Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Changsha, Hunan, China
Locale: Changsha, Hunan, China
Publications407 found, 100 shown here
- Xu H, Feng L, Zeng Z, Xu S. [Experimental study on ultrashort wave therapy on the healing of fracture]. Hunan Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 1999;24:125-7 pubmed..The changes in the x-ray, histology, and biomechanics were observed dynamically. The results were that the speed and quality of the fracture healing in the experimental group were much better than in the control group. ..
- Dai G, Wang S, Yu J, Xu S, Peng X, He Z, et al. Vaccination against Schistosoma japonicum infection by DNA vaccine encoding Sj22.7 antigen. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2007;39:27-36 pubmed..The DNA vaccine could induce significant cellular and humoral immune response, and display predominant T helper cell type 1 type immune responses, which contribute to the protective immunity against challenge infection in mice. ..
- He F, Wu L, Shu K, Liu F, Yang L, Zhou X, et al. HGF protects cultured cortical neurons against hypoxia/reoxygenation induced cell injury via ERK1/2 and PI-3K/Akt pathways. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2008;61:290-7 pubmed..It is likely that Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL contribute to the protective effects of HGF. ..
- Liu Y, Zhou Y, Li D, Wang L, Hu G, Peng J, et al. Reduction of asymmetric dimethylarginine in the protective effects of rutaecarpine on gastric mucosal injury. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008;86:675-81 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that rutaecarpine protects the gastric mucosa against injury induced by ethanol and that the gastroprotection of rutaecarpine is related to reduction of ADMA levels through stimulating the release of CGRP. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhou Y, Zou Y, Wang L, Yang Z, Guo R, et al. Detrimental effects of nicotine on the acute gastric mucosal injury induced by ethanol: role of asymmetric dimethylarginine. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008;86:835-40 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the gastric mucosal injury induced by ethanol is augmented by nicotine, which is related to the increased ADMA level. ..
- Yuan X, Chen F, Xia K, Fu G, Jian Z, Jie Q, et al. Effect of alphaIIb Ala477Pro(A446P) mutation of the platelet glycoprotein on the expression of alphaIIbbeta3 complex. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2009;34:712-7 pubmed..alphaIIbA477P (A446P) mutation distinctly reduces the expression of alphaIIbbeta3 complex on the membrane. This mutation may interfere the formation of alphaIIbbeta3 complex or impair the proper conformation of alphaIIb subunit. ..
- Wu R, Zhou Q, Lin S, Ao X, Chen X, Yang J. [Effect of Cordceps Sinensis on the expression of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 in the kidney of spontaneously hypertensive rats]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2010;35:152-8 pubmed publisher..05). CS may play a role in the protection and anti-fibrosis in the process of renal injury in SHR through reducing the expression of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1. ..
- Liu S. Distant hybridization leads to different ploidy fishes. Sci China Life Sci. 2010;53:416-25 pubmed publisher..The results indicated distant hybridization or the combination of this method with gynogenesis or androgenesis affects the formation of different ploidy fish with genetic variation. ..
- Li X, Wang A, Yan X, Huang G, Liu B, Zhou Z. [Glitazones protects beta cell function from cytotoxic cytokines through PPAR gamma-dependent mechanisms]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010;30:1530-3 pubmed..Glitazones can protect beta cells from apoptosis and impairment of insulin secretion function resulting from the cytotoxic cytokines via a PPAR gamma-dependent mechanism. ..
- Hou D, Xue L, Tang J, Zhou J, Sun J. [Butylphthalide improves learning and memory abilities of rats with Alzheimer's disease possibly by enhancing protein disulfide isomerase and inhibiting P53 expressions]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010;30:2104-7 pubmed..01). Butylphthalide improves the learning and memory abilities of rats with experimental AD, the mechanism of which may involve inhibition of P53 expression and enhancement of PDI expression in the brain tissues. ..
- Peng J, He F, Zhang C, Deng X, Yin F. Protein kinase C-? signals P115RhoGEF phosphorylation and RhoA activation in TNF-?-induced mouse brain microvascular endothelial cell barrier dysfunction. J Neuroinflammation. 2011;8:28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that PKC-? phosphorylation of p115RhoGEF mediates TNF-? signaling to RhoA, and that this plays a critical role in signaling F-actin rearrangement and barrier dysfunction in BMECs. ..
- Cao R, Chen K, Song Q, Zang Y, Li J, Wang X, et al. Quantitative proteomic analysis of membrane proteins involved in astroglial differentiation of neural stem cells by SILAC labeling coupled with LC-MS/MS. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:829-38 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study increases our understanding of the underlying mechanisms that modulate complex biological processes of neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Li Z, Gu J, Yan J, Wang J, Huang W, Tan Z, et al. Hypertensive cardiac remodeling effects of lignan extracts from Eucommia ulmoides Oliv. bark--a famous traditional Chinese medicine. Am J Chin Med. 2013;41:801-15 pubmed publisher..05). Therefore, lignan extracts could prevent hypertensive cardiac remodeling, which is likely related to aldose reductase inhibition. ..
- Zhang Z, Chu S, Mou Z, Gao Y, Wang Z, Wei G, et al. Ganglioside GQ1b induces dopamine release through the activation of Pyk2. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2016;71:102-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights into the role of GQ1b in neuronal communication, and implicate the potential application of GQ1b in neurological disorders. ..
- Yi Q, Cao Y, Liu O, Lu Y, Wang J, Wang S, et al. Spatial and temporal expression of histone demethylase, Kdm2a, during murine molar development. Biotech Histochem. 2016;91:137-44 pubmed publisher..Kdm2a expression may be closely related to cell proliferation, to ameloblast and odontoblast differentiation and to the secretion of extracellular enamel and dentin during murine tooth development. ..
- Liu T, Peng Y, Li X, Liu L, Liu F, He L. A novel delocalized lipophilic cation-chlorambucil conjugate inhibits P-glycoprotein in HepG2/ADM cells. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:5461-5467 pubmed publisher..Based on molecular targeted strategy, this study can facilitate the discovery of superior MDR reducing agents to provide a more effective and safer way of resensitizing MDR. ..
- Chen L, Yi X, Zeng X, Zhang S, McReynolds L. [Mucosal immunization of recombinant Schistosoma japonicum ferritin]. Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi. 2004;22:129-32 pubmed..The expressed rSjFer can induce partial protective immunity against S. japonicum infection in mice when they were vaccinated intranasally, with chitosan as adjuvant. ..
- Sun H, Jiang M, Zhu S. [In vitro and in vivo studies on hydroxyapatite nanoparticles as a novel vector for inner ear gene therapy]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2008;43:51-7 pubmed..As a non-viral gene vector without the risk of biological disaster, HAT nanoparticle vector is worthy of further fully researches although its transfection efficiency needs to be improved. ..
- Sun L, Xiao L, Nie J, Liu F, Ling G, Zhu X, et al. p66Shc mediates high-glucose and angiotensin II-induced oxidative stress renal tubular injury via mitochondrial-dependent apoptotic pathway. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F1014-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that p66Shc mediates HG- and ANG II-induced mitochondrial dysfunctions via PKC-? and Pin1-dependent pathways in renal tubular cells. ..
- Zhu X, Huang C, Li Q, Guo Q, Wang Y, He X, et al. Temporal distribution of p300/CBP immunoreactivity in the adult rat spinal dorsal horn following chronic constriction injury (CCI). Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2013;33:197-204 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, p300 and CBP may serve as a sensor only in neurons but not in astrocytes or microglia cells in the adult rat spinal cord. ..
- Li J, Yan Y, Wang J, Guo T, Hu W, Duan Z, et al. Purification and partial characterization of a novel neurotoxic protein from eggs of black widow spiders (Latrodectus tredecimguttatus). J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2013;27:337-42 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that the protein (named Latroeggtoxin-I) is a novel neurotoxic protein purified from the eggs of black widow spiders...
- Zhang Y, Zhu X, Bai M, Zhang L, Xue L, Yi J. Maternal deprivation enhances behavioral vulnerability to stress associated with miR-504 expression in nucleus accumbens of rats. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69934 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MD enhances behavioral vulnerability to stress during adulthood, which is associated with the upregulation of miR-504 and downregulation of DRD2 expression in the nucleus accumbens. ..
- Luo Z, Zhang X, Zeng W, Su J, Yang K, Lu L, et al. TRAF6 regulates melanoma invasion and metastasis through ubiquitination of Basigin. Oncotarget. 2016;7:7179-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that TRAF6 is involved in regulating melanoma invasion and metastasis, suggesting that TRAF6 may be a potential target for therapy or chemo-prevention in melanoma. ..
- Hou Y, Yao K, Yin Y, Wu G. Endogenous Synthesis of Amino Acids Limits Growth, Lactation, and Reproduction in Animals. Adv Nutr. 2016;7:331-42 pubmed publisher..This new knowledge can guide the optimization of human nutrition for improving health and well-being. ..
- Tian J, Hu W, Tian E, Shi Y, Shen Q, Tang L, et al. Cloning and sequence analysis of tumor-associated gene hMMTAG2 from human multiple myeloma cell line ARH-77. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2003;35:143-8 pubmed..1(+). The analysis of bioinformatics revealed that hMMTAG2 had many phosphorylation sites for several protein kinases, N-myristoylation sites and nuclear localization signals, so it may be a signal molecule in the nucleus. ..
- Tang D, Kang R, Xiao W, Zhang H, Lotze M, Wang H, et al. Quercetin prevents LPS-induced high-mobility group box 1 release and proinflammatory function. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2009;41:651-60 pubmed publisher..Quercetin delivery, a strategy to pharmacologically inhibit HMGB1 release that is effective at clinically achievable concentrations, now warrants further evaluation in sepsis and other systemic inflammatory disorders. ..
- Tan H, Pan P, Zhao R, Qin Q, Wang H, Hu C. [Transcription factors in spinal dorsal root ganglion in rats recurrently infected with respiratory syncytial virus]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2009;34:1189-95 pubmed
- Wu Q, Tan Z, Liu H, Gao L, Wu S, Luo J, et al. Chemical characterization of Auricularia auricula polysaccharides and its pharmacological effect on heart antioxidant enzyme activities and left ventricular function in aged mice. Int J Biol Macromol. 2010;46:284-8 pubmed publisher..01) ameliorated following A. auricula polysaccharides administration. In conclusion, A. auricula polysaccharides treatment could improve heart function through its strong antioxidant activity. ..
- Tang H, Liu X, Wang Z, She X, Zeng X, Deng M, et al. Interaction of hsa-miR-381 and glioma suppressor LRRC4 is involved in glioma growth. Brain Res. 2011;1390:21-32 pubmed publisher..In addition, the stable expression of hsa-miR-381 in blood provides a novel and promising diagnostic biomarker, and anti-hsa-miR-381 "antagomir" may be an ideal target for glioma therapy. ..
- Wu X, Hu C, Li X, Zou Y, Zou J, Li Y, et al. Asthma pregnancy alters postnatal development of chromaffin cells in the rat adrenal medulla. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20337 pubmed publisher..Asthma pregnancy may promote AMCC to differentiate into sympathetic neurons in offspring rats and inhibit the synthesis of EPI, resulting in dysfunction of bronchial relaxation. ..
- Peng C, He Q, Luo C. Lack of keratinocyte growth factor retards angiogenesis in cutaneous wounds. J Int Med Res. 2011;39:416-23 pubmed..These results suggest that KGF may play an important role in the regulation of VEGF gene expression and angiogenesis during wound healing. ..
- Zhou Y, Wang F, Liu S, Zhong H, Liu Z, Tao M, et al. Human chorionic gonadotropin suppresses expression of Piwis in common carp (Cyprinus carpio) ovaries. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;176:126-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the decreased expression which was regulated by hormone plays a crucial role during ovarian differentiation and development. ..
- Chen M, Zhou X, Yu L, Liu Q, Sheng X, Wang Z, et al. Low-Level Vagus Nerve Stimulation Attenuates Myocardial Ischemic Reperfusion Injury by Antioxidative Stress and Antiapoptosis Reactions in Canines. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2016;27:224-31 pubmed publisher..LL-VNS exerts protective effects on myocardial I/R injury. Its potential mechanisms involve the suppression of oxidative stress and cellular apoptosis. ..
- Zhang N, Fu L, Bu Y, Yao Y, Wang Y. Downregulated expression of miR-223 promotes Toll-like receptor-activated inflammatory responses in macrophages by targeting RhoB. Mol Immunol. 2017;91:42-48 pubmed publisher..Herein, our findings suggest that miR-223-RhoB axis might be a novel target for the treatment of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Liu T, Hu Y, Guo S, Tan L, Zhan Y, Yang L, et al. Identification and characterization of MYH9 locus for high efficient gene knock-in and stable expression in mouse embryonic stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0192641 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings suggest that like the commonly used ROSA26 site, the MYH9 gene locus may be considered a new safe harbor for high-efficiency targeted transgenesis and for biomedical applications. ..
- Yu J, Tan G, Deng P, Xu K, Hu C, Li Y. Involvement of CGRP in the inhibitory effect of rutaecarpine on vasoconstriction induced by anaphylaxis in guinea pig. Regul Pept. 2005;125:93-7 pubmed
- Zhao S, Guo Q, Wang R, Wang E. [Oxidative and anti-oxidative effects of ambroxol on acute hydrochloric acid-induced lung injury in rats]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2004;29:586-8 pubmed..To evaluate the protective effect of ambroxol on acute hydrochloric acid-induced lung injury in rats...
- Zhang J, Crandall I. Expression of both N- and C-terminal GFP tagged huCD36 and their discrepancy in OxLDL and pRBC binding on CHO cells. Lipids Health Dis. 2007;6:24 pubmed
- Zhang P, Fan X, Haichao W. [The expression of fetuin-A and its pathological significance in fulminant hepatic failure in mice]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2008;16:440-4 pubmed..01). Fetuin-A expressions were negatively correlated with the liver pathological scores and TNFa levels. In our mouse FHF model, fetuin-A is a possible protective factor for liver damage. ..
- Tang Q, Li J, Yang Y, Yang X. [Distribution of projection neurons of the superior olivary complex in the auditory brainstem in cats]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2008;33:651-6 pubmed..While the projection of MOC neurons is predominantly contralateral, the distribution of MOC neurons is more adjacent to the rostral extent of the pons than LOC neurons. ..
- Yang L, Xiao L, Ma X, Tang M, Weng X, Chen X, et al. Effect of DNAzymes targeting Akt1 on cell proliferation and apoptosis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:366-71 pubmed..Thus, DNAzyme targeting Akt1, Dz2, can inhibit multiple key tumorigenic processes in vitro and in vivo and may serve as a useful anti-cancer agent in NPC. ..
- Cai S, Chen P, Zhang C, Chen J, Wu J. Oral N-acetylcysteine attenuates pulmonary emphysema and alveolar septal cell apoptosis in smoking-induced COPD in rats. Respirology. 2009;14:354-9 pubmed publisher..NAC attenuates lung damage, pulmonary emphysema and alveolar septal cell apoptosis by partly reversing the decrease in VEGF secretion and VEGFR2 protein expression in smoking-induced COPD in rats. ..
- Huang C, Wu M, Tang Y, Li X, Ouyang J, Xiao L, et al. NAG7 promotes human nasopharyngeal carcinoma invasion through inhibition of estrogen receptor alpha and up-regulation of JNK2/AP-1/MMP1 pathways. J Cell Physiol. 2009;221:394-401 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that NAG7 plays a potential role in promoting nasopharyngeal carcinoma invasion by regulation of ERalpha and the H-ras/p-c-Raf and JNK2/AP-1/MMP1 signaling pathways. ..
- Meng J, Xie W, Cao L, Hu C, Zhe Z. shRNA targeting HDGF suppressed cell growth and invasion of squamous cell lung cancer. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2010;42:52-7 pubmed..We concluded that HDGF acts as an oncogene participating in the pathogenesis of squamous cell lung cancer, and HDGF may be a key therapeutic target for non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Li X, Zhou Q. [Effect of valsartan on ultrastructure in the brain tissue and expression of Klotho gene in spontaneously hypertensive rats]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2010;35:254-61 pubmed publisher..Valsartan can improve the brain ultrastructure of spontaneously hypertensive rats by increasing the expression of Klotho. ..
- Fang F, Chang R, Yang L. Heat shock factor 1 promotes invasion and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma in vitro and in vivo. Cancer. 2012;118:1782-94 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the current findings suggested that HSF1 may serve as a novel prognostic marker and therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Ma X, Yang L, Xiao L, Tang M, Liu L, Li Z, et al. Down-regulation of EBV-LMP1 radio-sensitizes nasal pharyngeal carcinoma cells via NF-κB regulated ATM expression. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24647 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that ATM expression can be regulated by LMP1 via the NF-κB pathways through direct promoter binding, which resulted in the change of radiosensitivity in NPCs. ..
- Liu N, Yu Z, Xiang S, Zhao S, Tjarnlund Wolf A, Xing C, et al. Transcriptional regulation mechanisms of hypoxia-induced neuroglobin gene expression. Biochem J. 2012;443:153-64 pubmed publisher..NF-?B, Sp1 and HIF-1? contributed to the up-regulation of mouse Ngb gene expression under hypoxic conditions. ..
- Li J, Levine M, An X, Xu X, He H. Visual saliency based on scale-space analysis in the frequency domain. IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell. 2013;35:996-1010 pubmed..In addition, we show that it is able to predict salient regions on which people focus their attention. ..
- Wang Y, Huang G, Cheng X, Wang X, Garretson T, Dai L, et al. Genome of Thysanoplusia orichalcea multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus lacks the superoxide dismutase gene. J Virol. 2012;86:11948-9 pubmed publisher..Of the 145 ORFs, 141 appeared to be homologous to those of Autographa californica MNPV (AcMNPV). In comparison to AcMNPV, 9 ORFs of AcMNPV were absent in ThorMNPV, including the superoxide dismutase (sod) gene. ..
- Zhan M, Brooks C, Liu F, Sun L, Dong Z. Mitochondrial dynamics: regulatory mechanisms and emerging role in renal pathophysiology. Kidney Int. 2013;83:568-81 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the regulation of mitochondrial dynamics and its pathogenic changes may unveil novel therapeutic strategies. ..
- Xie Y, Zhong C, Zeng M, Guan L, Luo L. Effect of hexavalent chromium on electron leakage of respiratory chain in mitochondria isolated from rat liver. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;31:473-85 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the protective effect of GSH on liver mitochondria electron leakage is through removing excess H2O2 and reducing total ROS. ..
- Chen G, Pan H, Xie W, Wang S, Wu Q, Fang Y, et al. Virus infection of a weed increases vector attraction to and vector fitness on the weed. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2253 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that TYLCV is indirectly mutualistic to B. tabaci Q. The mutually beneficial interaction between TYLCV and B. tabaci Q may help explain the concurrent outbreaks of TYLCV and B. tabaci Q in China. ..
- Jiang L, Liu Y, Hu X, Zeng G, Wang H, Zhou L, et al. The use of microbial-earthworm ecofilters for wastewater treatment with special attention to influencing factors in performance: A review. Bioresour Technol. 2016;200:999-1007 pubmed publisher..Lastly, this review highlighted the further research on these issues to improve performance and sustainability of MEEs. ..
- Xiao H, Deng M, Yang B, Tang J, Hu Z. Role of glycogen synthase kinase 3 in ischemia-induced blood-brain barrier disruption in aged female rats. J Neurochem. 2017;142:194-203 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study suggested that activation of ERβ may protect against brain ischemia-induced BBB disruption by inhibiting GSK3β-mediated signaling. ..
- Hu C, Xiao L, Deng H, Li Y. The cardioprotection of rutaecarpine is mediated by endogenous calcitonin related-gene peptide through activation of vanilloid receptors in guinea-pig hearts. Planta Med. 2002;68:705-9 pubmed..These results suggest that rutaecarpine enhances preservation with cardioplegia in guinea-pig hearts and that the protective effects of rutaecarpine are due to stimulation of endogenous CGRP release via activating vanilloid receptors. ..
- Nie D, Xiang Y, Wang J, Deng Y, Tan X, Liang Y, et al. Identification of a novel testis-specific gene mtLR1, which is expressed at specific stages of mouse spermatogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:1010-8 pubmed..The time-dependent expression pattern of mtLR1 in postnatal mouse testes suggested that mtLR1 gene might be involved in the regulation of spermatogenesis and sperm maturation. ..
- Lu Z, Ye M, Yan G, Li Q, Tang M, Lee L, et al. Effect of EBV LMP1 targeted DNAzymes on cell proliferation and apoptosis. Cancer Gene Ther. 2005;12:647-54 pubmed..The present results suggest that the LMP1 may present a potential target for DNAzymes towards the EBV-associated carcinoma through cell proliferation and apoptosis pathways. ..
- Shu K, Wu L, Xie Y, Zhao J, Liang Y, Li B. Characterization of the human PAP1 gene and its homologue possible involvement in mouse embryonic development. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2006;52:22-30 pubmed..This structure and differential expression suggests a function involvement in embryonic development, perhaps involvement in cell proliferation. ..
- Wang P, Liang Y, Zhou N, Chen B, Yi L, Yu Y, et al. Screening and analysis of the multiple absorbed bioactive components and metabolites of Dangguibuxue decoction by the metabolic fingerprinting technique and liquid chromatography/diode-array detection mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2007;21:99-106 pubmed..This is very important not only for the pharmaceutical discovery process and the quality control of crude drugs, but also to explain the curative mechanism of TCMs. ..
- Wu S, Song T, Zhou S, Liu Y, Chen G, Huang N, et al. Involvement of Na+/H+ exchanger 1 in advanced glycation end products-induced proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cell. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;375:384-9 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate NHE1 is required for in AGEs-induced proliferation of VSMC, and AGEs increase NHE1 activity via the MAPK pathway. ..
- Peng Q, Yao X, Wu Q, Chen M. [Effects of extract of Buddleja officinalis on prevention of dry eye in castrated rabbits]. Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi. 2008;44:1011-9 pubmed..To assess the preventive effects of extract of Buddleja officinalis on dry eye in castrated rabbits and to discuss the mechanism of these effects...
- Wang X, Yang Y, Xie M, Yu X, Wang Q. [Hyperbaric oxygen promotes the migration and differentiation of endogenous neural stem cells in neonatal rats with hypoxic-ischemic brain damage]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2009;11:749-52 pubmed..05) 28 days after HBO treatment. HBO treatment may promote endogenous NSCs to migrate to the cortex and differentiate into mature neurocytes in neonatal rats with HIBD. ..
- Huang X, Zhang X, Qin F, Wang X, Ren P, Liu Z, et al. Pretreatment with a traditional Chinese formula, guanxin II, reduces cardiac apoptosis via the Akt survival pathway in rats with myocardial ischemia. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2010;220:157-63 pubmed..5 g/kg ensures the survival of myocardium by enhancing the Akt-mediated antiapoptosis pathway. The findings provide new evidence of the effective and safe therapy with GXII for patients with chronic coronary heart disease. ..
- Li F, Zhang J, Wei R, Luo X, Zhang J, Zhou X, et al. Sex-differential modulation of visceral pain by brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2010;478:184-7 pubmed publisher..e., BDNF facilitates the visceral pain in female rats but displays an opposite effect in male rats. Our results may have important implications in the management of clinical pain. ..
- Feng J, Li X, Hu C, Wang J, Nie H. Neural plasticity occurs in the adrenal medulla of asthmatic rats. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010;123:1333-7 pubmed..The aim of this study was to monitor the neuroendocrine alteration in the adrenal medulla of asthmatic rats...
- Tan Y, Chen Y, Yu L, Zhu H, Meng X, Huang X, et al. Two-fold elevation of expression of FoxM1 transcription factor in mouse embryonic fibroblasts enhances cell cycle checkpoint activity by stimulating p21 and Chk1 transcription. Cell Prolif. 2010;43:494-504 pubmed publisher..ChIP, EMSA and cotransfection assays confirmed that FoxM1 stimulated promoters of p21 and Chk1. Chk1 and p21 are direct transcription targets of FoxM1 and FoxM1 participates in transcriptional responses to stress in normal cells. ..
- Fang L, Chen M, Xiao Z, Liu Y, Yu G, Chen X, et al. Calcitonin gene-related peptide released from endothelial progenitor cells inhibits the proliferation of rat vascular smooth muscle cells induced by angiotensin II. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;355:99-108 pubmed publisher..05). EPCs exert anti-proliferative effects on VSMCs mediated by the release of CGRP. ..
- Luo X, Li N, Zhang Y, Liu B, Yang Z, Li Y, et al. Vanillyl nonanoate protects rat gastric mucosa from ethanol-induced injury through a mechanism involving calcitonin gene-related peptide. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;666:211-7 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanism is related to stimulation of CGRP release and subsequent suppression of ethanol-induced inflammatory reaction, cellular apoptosis and oxidative stress. ..
- Li G, Zhao J, Peng X, Liang J, Deng X, Chen Y. The mechanism involved in the loss of PTEN expression in NSCLC tumor cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:547-52 pubmed publisher..miR-29b regulates PTEN gene expression through downregulating Dnmts expression and subsequently induces hypomethylation in PTEN promoter. Targeting therapy could be established in NSCLC by upregulating miR-29b expression. ..
- Feng J, Wu X, Li X, Zou Y, Qin L, Hu C. Transformation of adrenal medullary chromaffin cells increases asthmatic susceptibility in pups from allergen-sensitized rats. Respir Res. 2012;13:99 pubmed publisher..Our results present evidence that asthma during the pregnancy of rat dams promotes asthma susceptibility in their offspring, and that the transformation of AMCCs to neurons induced by NGF plays an important role in this process. ..
- Chen J, Chen Y, Chen Z. MiR-125a/b regulates the activation of cancer stem cells in paclitaxel-resistant colon cancer. Cancer Invest. 2013;31:17-23 pubmed publisher..The current study suggested that miR-125a/b expression plays a key role in chemoresistance through upregulating ALDH1A3 and Mcl1 gene expression. ..
- Fang Y, Chen H, Hu Y, Djukic Z, Tevebaugh W, Shaheen N, et al. Gastroesophageal reflux activates the NF-?B pathway and impairs esophageal barrier function in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2013;305:G58-65 pubmed publisher..We conclude that gastroesophageal reflux activates the NF-?B pathway and impairs esophageal barrier function in mice and that targeting the NF-?B pathway may strengthen esophageal barrier function against reflux. ..
- Zeng S, Tao Y, Huang J, Zhang S, Shen L, Yang H, et al. WD40 repeat-containing 62 overexpression as a novel indicator of poor prognosis for human gastric cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:3752-62 pubmed publisher..WDR62 overexpresses in GC and the suppression of WDR62 inhibits GC cell growth by inducing G2/M cell cycle arrest. WDR62 may be a novel prognostic marker and a potential chemotherapy target for GC. ..
- Li Y, Yao J, Han C, Yang J, Chaudhry M, Wang S, et al. Quercetin, Inflammation and Immunity. Nutrients. 2016;8:167 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, further studies are needed to better characterize the mechanisms of action underlying the beneficial effects of quercetin on inflammation and immunity. ..
- Zeng L, Shen A, Chen J, Yan Z, Liu T, Xue Z, et al. Transcriptome Analysis of Ramie (Boehmeria nivea L. Gaud.) in Response to Ramie Moth (Cocytodes coerulea Guenée) Infestation. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:3702789 pubmed publisher..Among the DEGs, the expression patterns of transcription factors, protease inhibitors, and antioxidant enzymes were studied. Overall, these results provide useful insights into the defense mechanism of ramie against RM. ..
- Zhong J, Wu W, Zhang X, Tu W, Liu Z, Fang R. Effects of dietary addition of heat-killed Mycobacterium phlei on growth performance, immune status and anti-oxidative capacity in early weaned piglets. Arch Anim Nutr. 2016;70:249-62 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that heat-killed M. phlei is a promising alternative to antibiotic use for early weaned piglets via induction of protective immune responses. ..
- Liu G, Guan G, Fang J, Martínez Y, Chen S, Bin P, et al. Macleaya cordata Extract Decreased Diarrhea Score and Enhanced Intestinal Barrier Function in Growing Piglets. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:1069585 pubmed publisher..05). The findings indicate that Macleaya cordata extract does enhance intestinal barrier function in growing piglets and that it could be used as a viable substitute for antibiotics. ..
- Ji L, Xu D, Yin S, Liu H, Li G, Jiang Y, et al. First Report in China on the Identification and Drug Sensitivity of Mycobacterium elephantis Isolated from the Milk of a Cow with Mastitis. Biomed Environ Sci. 2017;30:501-507 pubmed publisher..In this study, milk from a cow with mastitis was analyzed to determine the presence of mycobacterial infection. Milk quality and security problems pertaining to the safe consumption of dairy products were also discussed in this study...
- Xiao G, Wang X, Yu Y. CXCR4/Let-7a Axis Regulates Metastasis and Chemoresistance of Pancreatic Cancer Cells Through Targeting HMGA2. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:840-851 pubmed publisher..These findings will help us develop new strategies for diagnosis and treatment of PCC. ..
- Xia J, Liu C, Tang B, Pan Q, Huang L, Dai H, et al. Mutations in the gene encoding gap junction protein beta-3 associated with autosomal dominant hearing impairment. Nat Genet. 1998;20:370-3 pubmed..Moreover, expression of Gjb3 was identified in rat inner ear tissue by RT-PCR. These findings suggest that mutations in GJB3 may be responsible for bilateral high-frequency hearing impairment. ..
- Fu J, Li L, Lu G. Molecular cloning and characterization of human DDX36 and mouse Ddx36 genes, new members of the DEAD/H box superfamily. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:655-61 pubmed..The DDX36 gene is mapped to chromosome 3q25.1-3q25.2, in which 26 exons and 25 introns have been identified. DDX36 and Ddx36 genes may be involved in sex development, spermatogenesis and male reproduction. ..
- Jiang D, Tan G, Ye F, Du Y, Xu K, Li Y. Protective effects of xanthones against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2003;24:175-80 pubmed..To investigate the protective effect of xanthones against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats...
- Deng P, Ye F, Zhu H, Cai W, Deng H, Li Y. An increase in the synthesis and release of calcitonin gene-related peptide in two-kidney, one-clip hypertensive rats. Regul Pept. 2003;114:175-82 pubmed
- Yuan W, Zhang Y, Tang W, Wang J, Li Y, Wang Y, et al. Role of svp in Drosophila pericardial cell growth. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2006;33:32-40 pubmed