Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
- Xu T, Chen L, Hu C, Zhou B. Effects of acute exposure to polybrominated diphenyl ethers on retinoid signaling in zebrafish larvae. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2013;35:13-20 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results indicated that acute exposure to PBDEs could disturb retinoid signaling and may impact on eye development of zebrafish larvae. ..
- Su J, Zhu Z, Xiong F, Wang Y. Hybrid cytomegalovirus-U6 promoter-based plasmid vectors improve efficiency of RNA interference in zebrafish. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2008;10:511-7 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the two hybrid promoter constructs had similar effects on driving shRNA. ..
- Wan X, Ji W, Mei X, Zhou J, Liu J, Fang C, et al. Negative feedback regulation of Wnt4 signaling by EAF1 and EAF2/U19. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9118 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first convincing line of evidence that EAF and Wnt4 form an auto-regulatory negative feedback loop in vivo. ..
- He W, Dai X, Chen X, He J, Yin Z. Zebrafish pituitary gene expression before and after sexual maturation. J Endocrinol. 2014;221:429-40 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we report the quantitative global gene expression patterns at the juvenile and sexual maturity stages. These expression patterns may account for the dynamic neuroendocrine regulation observed in body metabolism. ..
- Li C, Wang L, Zhang J, Huang M, Wong F, Liu X, et al. CERKL interacts with mitochondrial TRX2 and protects retinal cells from oxidative stress-induced apoptosis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:1121-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that CERKL interacts with TRX2 and plays a novel key role in the regulation of the TRX2 antioxidant pathway and, for the first time, provides an explanation of how mutations in CERKL may lead to retinal cell death. ..
- Yue H, Li Z, Wu N, Liu Z, Wang Y, Gui J. Oocyte-specific H2A variant H2af1o is required for cell synchrony before midblastula transition in early zebrafish embryos. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:82 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our current findings provided the first case to understand the biological function of maternal oocyte-specific histone variants in vertebrates. ..
- Huang W, Yang P, Lv Z, Wu C, Gui J, Lou B. Cloning, expression pattern and promoter functional analysis of cyp19a1a gene in miiuy croaker. Gene. 2017;627:271-277 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the Mmcyp19a1a gene plays an important role during vitellogenesis and oocyte maturation. The constructor of Mmcyp19a1a:EGFP may provide a useful tool for genetic analysis of gonad development in teleost. ..
- Zhao C, Yang Q, Hu J, Ye D, Gong W, Lu H, et al. Identification of zRAP55,a gene preponderantly expressed in Stages I and II oocytes of zebrafish. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2010;31:469-75 pubmed publisher..As an RNA associated protein, zRAP55 might function in the control of protein translation at the early stages of oogenesis in zebrafish. ..
- Zhao S, Xie P, Li G, Jun C, Cai Y, Xiong Q, et al. The proteomic study on cellular responses of the testes of zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to microcystin-RR. Proteomics. 2012;12:300-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MC-RR damaged the testes and was toxic to the reproductive system of male zebrafish mainly through causing oxidative stress. ..
- Shang H, Li Q, Feng G, Cui Z. Molecular analysis and functions of p53R2 in zebrafish. Gene. 2011;475:30-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, functions of p53R2 in zebrafish are closely associated with its activity in DNA repair and synthesis. ..
- Xiong D, Fang T, Yu L, Sima X, Zhu W. Effects of nano-scale TiO2, ZnO and their bulk counterparts on zebrafish: acute toxicity, oxidative stress and oxidative damage. Sci Total Environ. 2011;409:1444-52 pubmed publisher..2% and 286.9% of controls, respectively). Additionally, gut tissues exhibited oxidative effects after exposure to NP suspensions. These results highlight the importance of a systematic assessment of metal oxide NP toxicity mechanisms. ..
- Wan X, Hu B, Liu J, Feng X, Xiao W. Zebrafish mll gene is essential for hematopoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33345-57 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that zebrafish mll plays essential roles in hematopoiesis and that gadd45?a may serve as a potential downstream target for mediating the function of mll in hematopoiesis. ..
- Xie X, Liu J, Hu B, Xiao W. Zebrafish foxo3b negatively regulates canonical Wnt signaling to affect early embryogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24469 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide an in vivo model for illustrating function of FOXO transcription factors in embryogenesis. ..
- Yu L, Lam J, Guo Y, Wu R, Lam P, Zhou B. Parental transfer of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) and thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish. Environ Sci Technol. 2011;45:10652-9 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we demonstrated that parental exposure to low concentrations of PBDEs could affect THs in the offspring and the transgenerational PBDE-induced toxicity in subsequent nonexposed generations. ..
- Hua J, Han J, Wang X, Guo Y, Zhou B. The binary mixtures of megestrol acetate and 17?-ethynylestradiol adversely affect zebrafish reproduction. Environ Pollut. 2016;213:776-784 pubmed publisher..This study has important implications for environmental risk assessment of synthetic hormones that are concurrently present in aquatic systems. ..
- Zhang D, Liu S, Zhang J, Zhang J, Hu C, Liu Y. Respiratory toxicity of cyanobacterial aphantoxins from Aphanizomenon flos-aquae DC-1 in the zebrafish gill. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;176:106-15 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these parameters may be used as bioindicators for investigating aphantoxin exposure and cyanobacterial blooms in nature. ..
- Lv D, Song P, Chen Y, Gong W, Mo S. Cloning and characterization of full length of a novel zebrafish gene Zsrg abundantly expressed in the germline stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:632-7 pubmed
- Li Z, Xu H, Zheng W, Lam S, Gong Z. RNA-sequencing analysis of TCDD-induced responses in zebrafish liver reveals high relatedness to in vivo mammalian models and conserved biological pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77292 pubmed publisher..The expression profiles associated with TCDD could be useful for monitoring environmental dioxin and dioxin-like contamination. ..
- Chen J, Zhou W, Jia Q, Chen J, Zhang S, Yao W, et al. Efficient extravasation of tumor-repopulating cells depends on cell deformability. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19304 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that tumor cell deformability is a key factor in controlling extravasation dynamics during metastasis. ..
- Chang M, Nie P. RNAi suppression of zebrafish peptidoglycan recognition protein 6 (zfPGRP6) mediated differentially expressed genes involved in Toll-like receptor signaling pathway and caused increased susceptibility to Flavobacterium columnare. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008;124:295-301 pubmed publisher..In challenge experiments to determine the anti-bacterial response to Gram-negative bacteria, RNAi knock-down of zfPGRP6 markedly increased susceptibility to Flavobacterium columnare...
- Dai L, Ma W, Li J, Xu Y, Li W, Zhao Y, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel oocyte-specific gene zorg in zebrafish. Theriogenology. 2009;71:441-9 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that the protein expressed from the zebrafish zorg gene has roles in the formation of the female germ cells and in early embryonic development in zebrafish. ..
- Gao S, Zhang T, Zhou X, Zhao Y, Li Q, Guo Y, et al. Molecular cloning, expression of Sox5 and its down-regulation of Dmrt1 transcription in zebrafish. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2005;304:476-83 pubmed..This antagonistic partnership between Dmrt1 and Sox5 suggests a potential transcriptional regulatory mechanism for Dmrt1 in early embryogenesis. ..
- Raghupathy R, Zhang X, Alhasani R, Zhou X, Mullin M, Reilly J, et al. Abnormal photoreceptor outer segment development and early retinal degeneration in kif3a mutant zebrafish. Cell Biochem Funct. 2016;34:429-40 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate KIF3A plays a conserved role in photoreceptor outer segment formation and intracellular transport. ..
- Long Y, Li L, Li Q, He X, Cui Z. Transcriptomic characterization of temperature stress responses in larval zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37209 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings provide new interesting clues for elucidation of mechanisms underlying the temperature acclimation in fish. ..
- Pei D, Sun Y, Chen S, Wang Y, Hu W, Zhu Z. Identification of differentially expressed genes from the cross-subfamily cloned embryos derived from zebrafish nuclei and rare minnow enucleated eggs. Theriogenology. 2007;68:1282-91 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the determination of genes involved in the early development of cross-species NT embryos of fish. ..
- Wang N, Sun Y, Liu J, Wu G, Su J, Wang Y, et al. Knock down of gfp and no tail expression in zebrafish embryo by in vivo-transcribed short hairpin RNA with T7 plasmid system. J Biomed Sci. 2007;14:767-76 pubmed..Herein, the T7 transcription system could be used to drive the expression of shRNA in zebrafish embryos and result in gene knock down effect, suggesting a potential role for its application in RNAi studies in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Liu J, Sun Y, Wang N, Wang Y, Zhu Z. Cloning, characterization and promoter analysis of common carp hairy/Enhancer-of-split-related gene, her6. J Genet. 2006;85:171-8 pubmed
- Yue M, Mo S, Song P, Gong Y. Identification of Z-OTU protein during zebrafish oogenesis and early embryogenesis. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2011;32:386-90 pubmed publisher..We inferred that Z-OTU protein, like other OTU-related protease with DUB activity, was required for germinal vesicle breakdown of oocytes during meiosis, germinal vesicle migration, and embryo cleavage maintenance. ..
- Deng J, Liu C, Yu L, Zhou B. Chronic exposure to environmental levels of tribromophenol impairs zebrafish reproduction. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;243:87-95 pubmed publisher..The F(1)-generation larvae exhibited increased malformation, reduced survival, and retarded growth, suggesting that TBP in the aquatic environment has significant adverse effects on fish population. ..
- Chen L, Huang C, Hu C, Yu K, Yang L, Zhou B. Acute exposure to DE-71: effects on locomotor behavior and developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish larvae. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2012;31:2338-44 pubmed publisher..Overall, the present study demonstrated that acute exposure to PBDEs can disrupt the neurobehavior of zebrafish larvae and affect cholinergic neurotransmission and neuron development. ..
- Li J, Liang Y, Zhang X, Lu J, Zhang J, Ruan T, et al. Impaired gas bladder inflation in zebrafish exposed to a novel heterocyclic brominated flame retardant tris(2,3-dibromopropyl) isocyanurate. Environ Sci Technol. 2011;45:9750-7 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we report that the gas bladder could be a primary target organ for TBC, and assessment of the gas bladder should be included in toxicity testing protocols of zebrafish embryos. ..
- Li J, Zhou Y, Zhen Y, Xu Y, Cheng P, Wang H, et al. Cloning and characterization of the SSB-1 and SSB-4 genes expressed in zebrafish gonads. Biochem Genet. 2009;47:179-90 pubmed publisher..SSB-4 mRNA was located in the region of the primordial germ cells in 24 and 72 hpf embryos, but SSB-1 mRNA was not detected at these stages. We hypothesize that SSB-4 plays a role in the early development of germ cells. ..
- Cui X, Zhang J, Du R, Wang L, Archacki S, Zhang Y, et al. HSF4 is involved in DNA damage repair through regulation of Rad51. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1822:1308-15 pubmed publisher..Our study presents the first evidence demonstrating that HSF4 plays a role in DNA damage repair and may contribute a better understanding of congenital cataract formation. ..
- Chen X, Lou Q, He J, Yin Z. Role of zebrafish lbx2 in embryonic lateral line development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29515 pubmed publisher..In addition, the disassociation of PPL nerve extension with PLL primordial migration in some lbx2 morphants suggests that pathfinding of the PLL primordium and the lateral line nerve may be regulated independently. ..
- Long Y, Li Q, Zhong S, Wang Y, Cui Z. Molecular characterization and functions of zebrafish ABCC2 in cellular efflux of heavy metals. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;153:381-91 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that zebrafish ABCC2/MRP2 is capable of effluxing heavy metals from cells and may play important roles in the detoxification of toxic metals. ..
- Li Q, Zhou X, Guo Y, Shang X, Chen H, Lu H, et al. Nuclear localization, DNA binding and restricted expression in neural and germ cells of zebrafish Dmrt3. Biol Cell. 2008;100:453-63 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that as a DNA-binding protein, zebrafish Dmrt3 may function in the nucleus as a potential transcription factor to exert potential roles in the development of the olfactory placode, the neural tube and germ cells. ..
- Zeng C, Sun H, Xie P, Wang J, Zhang G, Chen N, et al. The role of apoptosis in MCLR-induced developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;149:25-32 pubmed publisher..Our results also indicate that the p53-Bax-Bcl-2 pathway and the caspase-dependent apoptotic pathway play major roles in MCLR-induced apoptosis in the developing embryos...
- Fu B, Chen M, Zou M, Long M, He S. The rapid generation of chimerical genes expanding protein diversity in zebrafish. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:657 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that retroposition created a large amount of new genes in the zebrafish genome, which has contributed significantly to the evolution of the fish genome. ..
- Liu S, Li Z, Gui J. Fish-specific duplicated dmrt2b contributes to a divergent function through Hedgehog pathway and maintains left-right asymmetry establishment function. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7261 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that fish-specific duplicated dmrt2b contributes to a divergent function in somitogenesis through Hedgehog pathway and maintains the common function for left-right asymmetry establishment. ..
- Li X, Nie F, Yin Z, He J. Enhanced hyperplasia in muscles of transgenic zebrafish expressing Follistatin1. Sci China Life Sci. 2011;54:159-65 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Fst1 overexpression can promote zebrafish muscle growth by enhancing myofiber hyperplasia. ..
- Shang H, Li Q, Feng G, Cui Z. Identification and characterization of alternative promoters, transcripts and protein isoforms of zebrafish R2 gene. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24089 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that multilayered mechanisms control the differential expression and function of zebrafish R2 gene during cell cycle and under genotoxic stress. ..
- Yan W, Zhou Y, Yang J, Li S, Hu D, Wang J, et al. Waterborne exposure to microcystin-LR alters thyroid hormone levels and gene transcription in the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish larvae. Chemosphere. 2012;87:1301-7 pubmed publisher..The above results indicated that MCLR could alter gene expression in the HPT axis which might subsequently contribute to MCLR-induced thyroid disruption. ..
- Long Y, Li Q, Wang Y, Cui Z. MRP proteins as potential mediators of heavy metal resistance in zebrafish cells. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;153:310-7 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that some of MRP transporters are involved in the efflux of heavy metals conjugated with cellular GSH and thus play crucial roles in heavy metal detoxification of zebrafish cells. ..
- Ma Y, Han J, Guo Y, Lam P, Wu R, Giesy J, et al. Disruption of endocrine function in in vitro H295R cell-based and in in vivo assay in zebrafish by 2,4-dichlorophenol. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;106-107:173-81 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that 2,4-DCP modulates transcription of steroidogenetic genes in both H295R cells and in the zebrafish HPG-axis and disrupts steroidogenesis, which in turn, can cause adverse effects on reproduction in fish. ..
- Wang H, Xu Y, Tao L, Zhou J, Qiu M, Teng Y, et al. Identification and characterization of the pumilio-2 expressed in zebrafish embryos and adult tissues. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:2811-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that pumilio-2 plays an important role in the development of the zebrafish germ cells and nervous system. ..
- Chen L, Yu K, Huang C, Yu L, Zhu B, Lam P, et al. Prenatal transfer of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) results in developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish larvae. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:9727-34 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence that parental exposure to environmentally relevant concentrations of PBDEs could cause adverse effects on neurodevelopment in zebrafish offspring. ..
- Su J, Zhu Z, Wang Y, Xiong F, Zou J. The cytomegalovirus promoter-driven short hairpin RNA constructs mediate effective RNA interference in zebrafish in vivo. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2008;10:262-9 pubmed publisher..52 +/- 2.05% compared with nontargeting control shRNA. These data proved the feasibility of the CMV promoter-driven shRNA expression technique to be used to inhibit exogenous and endogenous gene expressions in zebrafish in vivo. ..
- Pei D, Sun Y, Chen S, Wang Y, Hu W, Zhu Z. Zebrafish GAPDH can be used as a reference gene for expression analysis in cross-subfamily cloned embryos. Anal Biochem. 2007;363:291-3 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Chen J, Cui X, Luo D, Xia H, Dai J, et al. A controllable on-off strategy for the reproductive containment of fish. Sci Rep. 2015;5:7614 pubmed publisher..This on-off strategy is a potentially effective means of generating sterile fish for commercialization while retaining fertility in brood stocks, and offers a novel method to mitigate the ecological risks of fish introductions. ..
- Jia Q, Zhang Q, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Zhang W, Zhou Y, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anemia from RPS19 deficiency via p53-dependent and -independent pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71782 pubmed publisher..The detection of potential pathogenic genes and pathways provides us a new paradigm for future research on DBA, which is a systematic and complex hereditary disease. ..
- Liu F, Qin Y, Yu S, Soares D, Yang L, Weng J, et al. Pathogenic mutations in retinitis pigmentosa 2 predominantly result in loss of RP2 protein stability in humans and zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:6225-6239 pubmed publisher..Our study also reveals a role of the C-terminal domain of RP2 in maintaining the overall protein stability. ..
- Wu Q, Yan W, Liu C, Li L, Yu L, Zhao S, et al. Microcystin-LR exposure induces developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish embryo. Environ Pollut. 2016;213:793-800 pubmed publisher..The above results indicated that MCLR-induced developmental toxicity might attribute to the disorder of cholinergic system, dopaminergic signaling, and the development of neurons. ..
- Chen D, Li L, Tu X, Yin Z, Wang Q. Functional characterization of Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome gene AGGF1 identifies a novel angiogenic signaling pathway for specification of vein differentiation and angiogenesis during embryogenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:963-76 pubmed publisher..We propose that increased AGGF1 expression leads to increased vein differentiation by inducing activation of AKT signaling, resulting in VMs s in KTS patients. ..
- Liang T, Wang D, Zhang G, Wei K, Wang W, Zou G. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of two ?-defensin genes in the blunt snout bream (Megalobrama amblycephala). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;166:91-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that ma?D-1 and ma?D-2 may play important roles in protecting blunt snout bream embryos, fry and juveniles from pathogenic microbe invading. ..
- Yin N, Jin X, He J, Yin Z. Effects of adrenergic agents on the expression of zebrafish (Danio rerio) vitellogenin Ao1. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;238:20-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our present data indicate that the production of teleost VTG in vivo can be regulated not only by estrogenic agents, but by adrenergic signals as well...
- Zhou X, Zhang T, Ren L, Wu J, Wang W, Liu J. Copper elevated embryonic hemoglobin through reactive oxygen species during zebrafish erythrogenesis. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:1-11 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we revealed that copper homeostasis was broken by its induced ROS and ROS helped with copper overloading in the body, which could be applied as a novel therapy target for copper-caused diseases. ..
- Luo D, Hu W, Chen S, Xiao Y, Sun Y, Zhu Z. Identification of differentially expressed genes between cloned and zygote-developing zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos at the dome stage using suppression subtractive hybridization. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:674-84 pubmed publisher..The importance of regulation from recipient oocytes in cloning should not be underestimated in zebrafish. ..
- Cheng X, Chen X, Jin X, He J, Yin Z. Generation and characterization of gsu?:EGFP transgenic zebrafish for evaluating endocrine-disrupting effects. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;278:78-84 pubmed publisher..These reporter fish can serve as a novel platform to perform screenings of endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs) in vivo as well. ..
- Wu Y, Jiang L, Zhou Z, Zheng M, Zhang J, Liang Y. CYP1A/regucalcin gene expression and edema formation in zebrafish embryos exposed to 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2008;80:482-6 pubmed publisher..Results indicated that the 50 pg/mL TCDD caused severe and visible developmental toxicity. Further research of the long term and low concentration of TCDD exposure is required. ..
- Chen L, Hu C, Huang C, Wang Q, Wang X, Yang L, et al. Alterations in retinoid status after long-term exposure to PBDEs in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2012;120-121:11-8 pubmed publisher..This study also indicated that retinoid levels in zebrafish are sensitive to PBDE exposure and highlighted the importance of liver storage, which appears to support important functions in reproduction and vision. ..
- Wang H, Teng Y, Xie Y, Wang B, Leng Y, Shu H, et al. Characterization of the carbonic anhydrases 15b expressed in PGCs during early zebrafish development. Theriogenology. 2013;79:443-52 pubmed publisher..Expression patterns of CA15b were similar to those of vasa, a marker of primordial germ cells. Thus, we hypothesized that CA15b might be necessary for development of primordial germ cells and female germ cells in zebrafish. ..
- Zhou M, Yan J, Ma Z, Zhou Y, Abbood N, Liu J, et al. Comparative and evolutionary analysis of the HES/HEY gene family reveal exon/intron loss and teleost specific duplication events. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40649 pubmed publisher..This study shows a model of gene family analysis with gene structure evolution and duplication. ..
- Yan W, Li L, Li G, Zhao S. Microcystin-LR induces changes in the GABA neurotransmitter system of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;188:170-176 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that MCLR showed neurotoxicity in zebrafish which might attribute to the disorder of GABA neurotransmitter pathway. ..
- Xie L, Tang Q, Yang L, Chen L. Insulin-like growth factor I promotes oocyte maturation through increasing the expression and phosphorylation of epidermal growth factor receptor in the zebrafish ovary. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;419:198-207 pubmed publisher..This study sheds light on the cross-talk between two important growth factors in the zebrafish ovary and the mechanism underlying the IGF-I induction on oocyte maturation. ..
- Zhou X, Li Q, Lu H, Chen H, Guo Y, Cheng H, et al. Fish specific duplication of Dmrt2: characterization of zebrafish Dmrt2b. Biochimie. 2008;90:878-87 pubmed publisher..These analyses undoubtedly help understanding functional divergence and evolution of the DM genes following gene duplication in fishes. ..
- Liu Y, Zhang Y, Liu T, Gui J. Lineage-specific expansion of IFIT gene family: an insight into coevolution with IFN gene family. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66859 pubmed publisher..Our results are helpful for understanding of evolution of vertebrate IFN system...
- Liu C, Yu L, Deng J, Lam P, Wu R, Zhou B. Waterborne exposure to fluorotelomer alcohol 6:2 FTOH alters plasma sex hormone and gene transcription in the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;93:131-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that FTOHs may disturb fish reproduction through endocrine disrupted activity. ..
- Mo S, Song P, Lv D, Chen Y, Zhou W, Gong W, et al. Zebrafish z-otu, a novel Otu and Tudor domain-containing gene, is expressed in early stages of oogenesis and embryogenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1732:1-7 pubmed..Therefore, z-otu might link the ubiquitin signaling pathway to early oogenesis and maintaining the totipotency of embryonic cell. ..
- Han J, Wang Q, Wang X, Li Y, Wen S, Liu S, et al. The synthetic progestin megestrol acetate adversely affects zebrafish reproduction. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;150:66-72 pubmed publisher..The present study showed that MTA is a potent endocrine disruptor in fish, and short-term exposure to MTA could significantly affect reproduction in fish and negatively impact the fish population. ..
- Li L, Chen D, Li J, Wang X, Wang N, Xu C, et al. Aggf1 acts at the top of the genetic regulatory hierarchy in specification of hemangioblasts in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;123:501-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that aggf1 is involved in differentiation of both hematopoietic and endothelial lineages and that aggf1 acts upstream of scl, fli1, and etsrp in specification of hemangioblasts. ..
- Mei Y, Yin N, Jin X, He J, Yin Z. The regulatory role of the adrenergic agonists phenylephrine and isoproterenol on fetal hemoglobin expression and erythroid differentiation. Endocrinology. 2013;154:4640-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, the present study identifies the role of the adrenergic agonists PE and ISO on p38 MAPK and ERK signaling for the stimulation of HbF production and erythroid differentiation. ..
- Wang J, Shi X, Du Y, Zhou B. Effects of xenoestrogens on the expression of vitellogenin (vtg) and cytochrome P450 aromatase (cyp19a and b) genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2011;46:960-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that analysis of vtg and cyp19b gene expression in zebrafish during early embryogenesis and organogenesis represents the basis of a sensitive and fast bioassay for the routine assessment of xenoestrogen effects. ..
- Wang J, Zhang D, Du J, Zhou C, Li Z, Liu X, et al. Tet1 facilitates hypoxia tolerance by stabilizing the HIF-? proteins independent of its methylcytosine dioxygenase activity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:12700-12714 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that Tet1 enhances rather than prevents poly-ubiquitination on HIF-?. Our results reveal a previously unrecognized function of Tet1 independent of its methylcytosine dioxygenase activity in hypoxia signaling. ..
- Li S, Liu W, Li Z, Li W, Wang Y, Zhou L, et al. greb1 regulates convergent extension movement and pituitary development in zebrafish. Gene. 2017;627:176-187 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our present study indicates that greb1 is a novel regulator for CE movement and pituitary development in zebrafish. ..
- Dang Y, Wang J, Giesy J, Liu C. Responses of the zebrafish hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal-liver axis PCR array to prochloraz are dependent on timing of sampling. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:154-9 pubmed publisher..Correlations among parameters in samples collected at the two times indicated the effects might be due to different concentrations of E2 in plasma due to exposure to PCZ. ..
- Zhai G, Gu Q, He J, Lou Q, Chen X, Jin X, et al. Sept6 is required for ciliogenesis in Kupffer's vesicle, the pronephros, and the neural tube during early embryonic development. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1310-21 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a novel role of sept6 in ciliogenesis during early embryonic development in zebrafish. ..
- Liu J, Sun Y, Wang Y, Wang N, Pei D, Wang Y, et al. Identification of differential transcript profiles between mutual crossbred embryos of zebrafish (Danio rerio) and Chinese rare minnow (Gobiocypris rarus) by cDNA-AFLP. Theriogenology. 2008;70:1525-35 pubmed publisher..One gene (ZR6), dramatically down-regulated in RZ embryos, was chosen for loss-of-function study; the knockdown of ZR6 gave rise to the phenotype resembling that of RZ embryos. ..
- Liu C, Deng J, Yu L, Ramesh M, Zhou B. Endocrine disruption and reproductive impairment in zebrafish by exposure to 8:2 fluorotelomer alcohol. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;96:70-6 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that waterborne exposure to 8:2 FTOH caused disruption of sex hormone biosynthesis and impaired reproduction in adult zebrafish, ultimately resulting in decreased hatching rates in the offspring. ..
- Cui X, Wang L, Zhang J, Du R, Liao S, Li D, et al. HSF4 regulates DLAD expression and promotes lens de-nucleation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:1167-72 pubmed publisher..Our demonstration that HSF4 cataract causative mutations abrogate the induction of DLAD expression reveals a novel molecular mechanism regarding how HSF4 mutations cause cataractogenesis. ..
- Mei J, Li Z, Gui J. Cooperation of Mtmr8 with PI3K regulates actin filament modeling and muscle development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4979 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this work provides a new clue to study the physiological function of MTM family members. ..