Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on viral proteins in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
Topic: viral proteins
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Yuan Y, Gao M, Peng Q, Wu D, Liu P, Wu Y. Genomic analysis of a phage and prophage from a Bacillus thuringiensis strain. J Gen Virol. 2014;95:751-61 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study enrich our current knowledge of Bacillus phage diversity and evolution, especially for the W?-group and TP21-L-like phages, and may help the development of practical applications of Bacillus phages. ..
- Huang X, Fang J, Chen Z, Zhang Q. Rana grylio virus TK and DUT gene locus could be simultaneously used for foreign gene expression. Virus Res. 2016;214:33-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a novel dual-fluorescence labeled recombinant iridovirus in which DUT and TK gene locus were simultaneously used for foreign gene expression was constructed. ..
- Chen X, IJkel W, Dominy C, de Andrade Zanotto P, Hashimoto Y, Faktor O, et al. Identification, sequence analysis and phylogeny of the lef-2 gene of Helicoverpa armigera single-nucleocapsid baculovirus. Virus Res. 1999;65:21-32 pubmed..These two independent approaches also give a more complete picture of the ancestral relationship among baculovirus...
- Liu M, Li S, Hu S, Zhao C, Bi D, Sun M. Display of avian influenza virus nucleoprotein on Bacillus thuringiensis cell surface using CTC as a fusion partner. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008;78:669-76 pubmed publisher..The strategy developed in this study suggests the possibility of generating a heat-stable and oral veterinary vaccine with B. thuringiensis surface display system. ..
- Li J, Ishaq M, Prudence M, Xi X, Hu T, Liu Q, et al. Single mutation at the amino acid position 627 of PB2 that leads to increased virulence of an H5N1 avian influenza virus during adaptation in mice can be compensated by multiple mutations at other sites of PB2. Virus Res. 2009;144:123-9 pubmed publisher
- Zou X, Xiang X, Chen Y, Peng T, Luo X, Pan Z. Understanding inhibition of viral proteins on type I IFN signaling pathways with modeling and optimization. J Theor Biol. 2010;265:691-703 pubmed publisher..Our approaches help to gain insight into system properties and rational therapy design, as well as to generate hypotheses for further research. ..
- Zhang K, Huang J, Wang Q, He Y, Xu Z, Xiang M, et al. Recombinant pseudorabies virus expressing P12A and 3C of FMDV can partially protect piglets against FMDV challenge. Res Vet Sci. 2011;91:90-4 pubmed publisher..PRV-P12A3C induced 60% protection, compared with piglets that were vaccinated with TK(-)/gE(-)/gI(-). The severity of clinical signs for the remaining two piglets was lighter and the appearance of vesicles was delayed. ..
- Chen P, Gan Y, Han N, Fang W, Li J, Zhao F, et al. Computational evolutionary analysis of the overlapped surface (S) and polymerase (P) region in hepatitis B virus indicates the spacer domain in P is crucial for survival. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60098 pubmed publisher..The highly variable spacer domain in P, which corresponds to PreS in S, appears to act as a harbor for the accumulation of mutations that can provide flexibility for conformational changes and responding to immune pressure. ..
- Fang Q, Shah S, Liang Y, Zhou Z. 3D reconstruction and capsid protein characterization of grass carp reovirus. Sci China C Life Sci. 2005;48:593-600 pubmed
- Wu X, Ishaq M, Hu J, Guo D. HCV NS3/4A protein activates HIV-1 transcription from its long terminal repeat. Virus Res. 2008;135:155-60 pubmed publisher..These results have provided insights into the mechanism involved in the co-infection of HCV and HIV...
- Yan F, Xia D, Lv S, Qi Y, Xu H. Functional analysis of the orf390 gene of the white spot syndrome virus. Virus Res. 2010;151:39-44 pubmed publisher..These data further suggest that orf390 encodes a novel anti-apoptotic protein involved in cell survival and apoptosis regulation. ..
- Ke F, He L, Pei C, Zhang Q. Turbot reovirus (SMReV) genome encoding a FAST protein with a non-AUG start site. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:323 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the complete characterization and analysis of the genome of this novel aquareovirus will facilitate further understanding of the taxonomic distribution of aquareovirus species and the molecular mechanism of its pathogenesis...
- Liu J, Liu D, Chen W, Li J, Luo F, Li Q, et al. Genetic analysis of hantaviruses and their rodent hosts in central-south China. Virus Res. 2012;163:439-47 pubmed publisher..It suggests that SEOV may cause spillover infections to A. agrarius naturally. The abundance of the phylogenetic lineages of SEOV suggested that central-south China was a radiation center for SEOVs. ..
- Chen L, Zhong Y, Hu Z, Qin Y, Chen M. Two second-site mutations compensate the engineered mutation of R7A in vesicular stomatitis virus nucleocapsid protein. Virus Res. 2016;214:59-64 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that two second-site mutations both can compensated the engineered mutation of R7A in VSV N protein. ..
- Tao J, Zhou G, Gui J, Zhang Q. Genomic sequence of mandarin fish rhabdovirus with an unusual small non-transcriptional ORF. Virus Res. 2008;132:86-96 pubmed..This is the first report on one small unoverlapping ORF in M gene of a fish rhabdovirus. ..
- Wang Q, Liang C, Song J, Chen X. HA2 from the Helicoverpa armigera nucleopolyhedrovirus: a WASP-related protein that activates Arp2/3-induced actin filament formation. Virus Res. 2007;127:81-7 pubmed..In summary, HA2 activates Arp2/3-induced actin filament network formation in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Huang J, Hao B, Deng F, Sun X, Wang H, Hu Z. Open reading frame Bm21 of Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus is not essential for virus replication in vitro, but its deletion extends the median survival time of infected larvae. J Gen Virol. 2008;89:922-30 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BM21 is not essential for virus replication in vitro, but that deletion of the gene delays the killing of the infected larvae. ..
- Lu B, Tao L, Wang T, Zheng Z, Li B, Chen Z, et al. Humoral and cellular immune responses induced by 3a DNA vaccines against severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) or SARS-like coronavirus in mice. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2009;16:73-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study provides a reference for designing cross-protective DNA vaccines based on the group-specific ORFs of CoVs...
- Zhang Q, Su X, Gong S, Zeng Q, Zhu B, Wu Z, et al. Comparative genomic analysis of two strains of human adenovirus type 3 isolated from children with acute respiratory infection in southern China. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:1531-41 pubmed..Strain GZ1 infection produced a typical cytopathic effect, whereas strain GZ2 did not; non-synonymous substitutions in proteins of GZ2 may be responsible for this difference. ..
- Dong C, Li D, Long G, Deng F, Wang H, Hu Z. Identification of functional domains required for HearNPV P10 filament formation. Virology. 2005;338:112-20 pubmed..No other baculoviral proteins were needed for the formation of P10 filament structures in transfected cells. ..
- Wei W, Gai Z, Ai H, Wu W, Yang Y, Peng J, et al. Baculovirus infection triggers a shift from amino acid starvation-induced autophagy to apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37457 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that some permissive insect cells may defend baculovirus infection via apoptosis under starvation and apoptosis is independent of the cleavage of Atg6 in SL-HP cells...
- Hou D, Zhang L, Deng F, Fang W, Wang R, Liu X, et al. Comparative proteomics reveal fundamental structural and functional differences between the two progeny phenotypes of a baculovirus. J Virol. 2013;87:829-39 pubmed publisher..This comparative proteomics study provides new insight into how BV and ODV are formed and why they function differently...
- Wang J, Kou Z, Duan M, Ma C, Zhou Y. Using amino acid factor scores to predict avian-to-human transmission of avian influenza viruses: a machine learning study. Protein Pept Lett. 2013;20:1115-21 pubmed..Comparative analysis revealed the strengths and weaknesses of different machine learning methods, and the importance of different AAFactors to the prediction. ..
- Wen D, Yan L, Shao L, Guo H, Li X, Fang Q. Aquareovirus protein VP6 colocalizes with NS80 protein in infected and transfected cells. Virol J. 2013;10:133 pubmed publisher..The colocalization of VP6 and NS80 is corresponding to their homologous proteins ?2 and ?NS in MRV. Our results suggest that VP6 may play a significant role in viral replication and particle assembly. ..
- Zhang X, Zheng Z, Shu B, Liu X, Zhang Z, Liu Y, et al. Human astrocytic cells support persistent coxsackievirus B3 infection. J Virol. 2013;87:12407-21 pubmed publisher..Our data together demonstrate the potential of CCF-STTG1 cells to be a novel cell model for studying CVB3-central nervous system interactions, providing the basis toward a better understanding of CVB3-induced chronic neuropathogenesis. ..
- Bai H, Wang Y, Li X, Mao H, Li Y, Han S, et al. Isolation and characterization of a novel alphanodavirus. Virol J. 2011;8:311 pubmed publisher..A novel alphanodavirus, which is 30 nm in diameter and with a limited host range, was discovered in Hz-AM1 cells. ..
- Li M, Wang S, Cai M, Guo H, Zheng C. Characterization of molecular determinants for nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of PRV UL54. Virology. 2011;417:385-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, UL54 was demonstrated to target to the nucleus through a classic Ran-, importin ?1- and ?5-dependent nuclear import mechanism...
- Ju C, Fan H, Tan Y, Liu Z, Xi X, Cao S, et al. Immunogenicity of a recombinant pseudorabies virus expressing ORF1-ORF2 fusion protein of porcine circovirus type 2. Vet Microbiol. 2005;109:179-90 pubmed..This is a first step toward the development of a potential candidate divalent vaccine against PRV and PCV2 infections...
- Wu D, Deng F, Sun X, Wang H, Yuan L, Vlak J, et al. Functional analysis of FP25K of Helicoverpa armigera single nucleocapsid nucleopolyhedrovirus. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:2439-44 pubmed
- Gao E, Gui J, Zhang Q. A novel cyanophage with a cyanobacterial nonbleaching protein A gene in the genome. J Virol. 2012;86:236-45 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that PaV-LD is an exceptional cyanophage of filamentous cyanobacteria, and this novel cyanophage will also provide us with a new vision of the cyanophage-host interactions. ..
- Peng Y, Li K, Pei R, Wu C, Liang C, Wang Y, et al. The protamine-like DNA-binding protein P6.9 epigenetically up-regulates Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus gene transcription in the late infection phase. Virol Sin. 2012;27:57-68 pubmed publisher..9 and host RNA polymerase II in the same transcriptionally active chromatin fraction at 24 hpi, which may probably contribute to viral gene transcription up-regulation in the late infection phase. ..
- Wang H, Liu X, Shu S, Huang Y, Fang F. Identification of proteins that interact with murine cytomegalovirus early protein M112-113 in brain. Chin Med J (Engl). 2011;124:3532-6 pubmed..M112-113 protein could interact with MTA1 or ZCCHC18 in yeast and mammalian cells. The interactions of M112-113 with MTA1 or ZCCHC18 may be related to the pathogenesis of MCMV-associated disease in central nervous system. ..
- Wang X, Gao L, Hu Z, Wang H, Deng F, Jin J. Inhibition of reverse transcriptase activity of hepatitis B virus polymerase by ?-l-D4A-TP. Acta Virol. 2008;52:47-52 pubmed..The kinetics of ?-L-D4A-TP inhibition of the RT activity was the result of an apparent competitive inhibition with dATP. ..
- Jia B, Yang J, Liu W, Li X, Yan Y. Homologous overexpression of a lipase from Burkholderia cepacia using the lambda Red recombinase system. Biotechnol Lett. 2010;32:521-6 pubmed publisher..After expression and purification, the highest purified lipase activity obtained was 3,990 U/l, nearly triple that of the wild-type organism...
- Ding Q, Zhao L, Guo H, Zheng A. The nucleocytoplasmic transport of viral proteins. Virol Sin. 2010;25:79-85 pubmed publisher..Chromosome region maintenance 1 (CRM1) protein mediates nuclear export of hundreds of viral proteins through the recognition of the leucine-rich NES. ..
- Wang D, Fang L, Li K, Zhong H, Fan J, Ouyang C, et al. Foot-and-mouth disease virus 3C protease cleaves NEMO to impair innate immune signaling. J Virol. 2012;86:9311-22 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data identify NEMO as a substrate for FMDV 3C(pro) and reveal a novel mechanism evolved by a picornavirus to counteract innate immune signaling...
- Wei W, Zhou Y, Lei C, Sun X. Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus orf114 is not essential for virus replication in vitro, but its knockout reduces per os infectivity in vivo. Virus Genes. 2012;45:360-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that ac114 is an auxiliary gene that facilitates embedding of ODVs into OBs, thus affecting the per os infectivity of the virus. ..
- Lu L, Li S, Wang Z, Du S, Chen D, Nie P, et al. Grass Carp Reovirus VP41 Targets Fish MITA To Abrogate the Interferon Response. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..These findings reveal GCRV's strategy for evading the host IFN response for the first time. ..
- Liu C, Zhang J, Yi F, Wang J, Wang X, Jiang H, et al. Isolation and RNA1 nucleotide sequence determination of a new insect nodavirus from Pieris rapae larvae in Wuhan city, China. Virus Res. 2006;120:28-35 pubmed..Predicted domains for six RNA-dependent RNA polymerase motifs and putative ORFs (protein B) are confirmed by sequence analysis of WhNV RNA1. ..
- Zhang M, Fu S, Deng M, Xie Q, Xu H, Liu Z, et al. Attenuation of bovine herpesvirus type 1 by deletion of its glycoprotein G and tk genes and protection against virulent viral challenge. Vaccine. 2011;29:8943-50 pubmed publisher..We conclude that BoHV-1 gG(-)/tk(-) was attenuated adequately and that it maintains the ability to stimulate immune protection. Therefore, it may be a promising candidate for a marker vaccine against IBR...
- Fan Y, Rao S, Zeng L, Ma J, Zhou Y, Xu J, et al. Identification and genomic characterization of a novel fish reovirus, Hubei grass carp disease reovirus, isolated in 2009 in China. J Gen Virol. 2013;94:2266-77 pubmed publisher..Based on these observations, we propose that HGDRV is a new species in the genus Aquareovirus that is distantly related to any known species within this genus. ..
- Luo X, Yue X, Li L. [Effects of mutations in the autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus E25 on its trafficking to nucleus and budded virus production]. Bing Du Xue Bao. 2013;29:535-43 pubmed..Production of infectious BV was dramatically reduced and even completely eliminated in most cases, either in the absence or presence of the native e25. ..
- Qian S, Fan W, Liu T, Wu M, Zhang H, Cui X, et al. Seneca Valley Virus Suppresses Host Type I Interferon Production by Targeting Adaptor Proteins MAVS, TRIF, and TANK for Cleavage. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..We also found that SVV is sensitive to IFN-Î². These findings increase our understanding of the interaction between SVV and host innate immunity. ..
- Qiu Y, Xu Y, Zhang Y, Zhou H, Deng Y, Li X, et al. Human Virus-Derived Small RNAs Can Confer Antiviral Immunity in Mammals. Immunity. 2017;46:992-1004.e5 pubmed publisher..Thus, RNAi can function as an antiviral immunity, which is induced and suppressed by a human virus, in mammals. ..
- Ke F, Zhao Z, Zhang Q. Cloning, expression and subcellular distribution of a Rana grylio virus late gene encoding ERV1 homologue. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:1651-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, current data indicate that RGV 88R was a late gene of iridovirus encoding protein that distributed both the cytoplasm and nucleus. ..
- Xu H, Yan F, Deng X, Wang J, Zou T, Ma X, et al. The interaction of white spot syndrome virus envelope protein VP28 with shrimp Hsc70 is specific and ATP-dependent. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;26:414-21 pubmed publisher..Moreover, direct VP28-Hsc70 association required both ATPase domain and peptide binding domain of Hsc70. The data obtained will help elucidate the role of VP28 protein in the process of virus infection...
- Hu K, Feng H, Li H. [An undamaged bulge in epsilon is essential for initiating priming of DHBV reverse transcriptase]. Bing Du Xue Bao. 2009;25:296-302 pubmed..Our results suggest an undamaged bulge within Depsilon is indispensable for initiating priming of P protein. ..
- Li Y, Ge X, Hon C, Zhang H, Zhou P, Zhang Y, et al. Prevalence and genetic diversity of adeno-associated viruses in bats from China. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:2601-9 pubmed publisher..3%. Co-presence of multiple distinctive genotypes of bat AAV within an individual sample was also observed. These results demonstrated that diverse AAVs might be widely distributed in bat populations...
- Wu M, Zhang L, Li G, Jiang D, Ghabrial S. Genome characterization of a debilitation-associated mitovirus infecting the phytopathogenic fungus Botrytis cinerea. Virology. 2010;406:117-26 pubmed publisher..BcMV1-S was found to suppress the replication of BcMV1 and to be co-transmissible with BcMV1 through hyphal anastomosis. Its presence, however, did not alleviate the BcMV1-associated debilitation phenotypes of B. cinerea...
- Luo S, Zhang Y, Xu X, Westenberg M, Vlak J, Wang H, et al. Helicoverpa armigera nucleopolyhedrovirus occlusion-derived virus-associated protein, HA100, affects oral infectivity in vivo but not virus replication in vitro. J Gen Virol. 2011;92:1324-31 pubmed publisher..However, it significantly affects the oral infectivity of OBs in host insects, suggesting that the association HA100 with the ODV contributes to the infectivity of OBs in vivo...
- Shen A, Lei J, Yang E, Pei Y, Chen Y, Gong H, et al. Human cytomegalovirus primase UL70 specifically interacts with cellular factor Snapin. J Virol. 2011;85:11732-41 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Snapin may play a key role in regulating the cellular localization of UL70 in HCMV, leading to modulation of viral DNA synthesis and progeny production...
- Huang H, Wang M, Deng F, Wang H, Hu Z. ORF85 of HearNPV encodes the per os infectivity factor 4 (PIF4) and is essential for the formation of the PIF complex. Virology. 2012;427:217-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HA85 is identified as the PIF4 of HearNPV and is proposed to participate in the formation of HearNPV PIF complex via associations with other PIFs. ..
- Qi N, Zhang L, Qiu Y, Wang Z, Si J, Liu Y, et al. Targeting of dicer-2 and RNA by a viral RNA silencing suppressor in Drosophila cells. J Virol. 2012;86:5763-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings establish a model of suppression of Drosophila RNAi by WhNV B2 targeting both Dcr-2 and RNA and provide evidence that an interrelationship exists among diverse activities of VSRs to antagonize RNAi. ..
- Qiu Y, Wang Z, Liu Y, Qi N, Miao M, Si J, et al. Membrane association of Wuhan nodavirus protein A is required for its ability to accumulate genomic RNA1 template. Virology. 2013;439:140-51 pubmed publisher..This study represents an advance toward understanding the mechanism of the RNA replication of WhNV and probably other nodaviruses. ..
- Xiao Y, Chen J, Liao Q, Wu Y, Peng C, Chen X. Lytic infection of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus induces DNA double-strand breaks and impairs non-homologous end joining. J Gen Virol. 2013;94:1870-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that KSHV lytic replication may contribute to tumorigenesis by causing DNA DSBs and interfering with the repair of DSBs...
- Dong C, Deng F, Li D, Wang H, Hu Z. The heptad repeats region is essential for AcMNPV P10 filament formation and not the proline-rich or the C-terminus basic regions. Virology. 2007;365:390-7 pubmed
- Ren W, Qu X, Li W, Han Z, Yu M, Zhou P, et al. Difference in receptor usage between severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) coronavirus and SARS-like coronavirus of bat origin. J Virol. 2008;82:1899-907 pubmed..The significance of these findings in relation to virus origin, virus recombination, and host switching is discussed...
- Wang R, Deng F, Hou D, Zhao Y, Guo L, Wang H, et al. Proteomics of the Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus budded virions. J Virol. 2010;84:7233-42 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, seven of these proteins were also identified in other enveloped viruses, suggesting that many enveloped viruses may commonly utilize certain conserved cellular pathways...
- Li K, Wang Y, Bai H, Wang Q, Song J, Zhou Y, et al. The putative pocket protein binding site of Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus BV/ODV-C42 is required for virus-induced nuclear actin polymerization. J Virol. 2010;84:7857-68 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we have identified the putative pocket protein binding sequence (PPBS) on C42 that is essential for C42 to exert its function in nuclear actin polymerization...
- Pei Y, Fu W, Yang E, Shen A, Chen Y, Gong H, et al. A Hsp40 chaperone protein interacts with and modulates the cellular distribution of the primase protein of human cytomegalovirus. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002968 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that the relative expression levels of DNAJB6 isoforms may play a key role in regulating the cellular localization of UL70, leading to modulation of HCMV DNA synthesis and lytic infection. ..
- Zhang S, Bonami J. Isolation and partial characterization of a new reovirus in the Chinese mitten crab, Eriocheir sinensis H Milne Edwards. J Fish Dis. 2012;35:733-9 pubmed publisher..This virus (EsRV816) possesses all the characters of the members of the reoviridae family and could represent a new genus...
- Pei R, Zhang X, Xu S, Meng Z, Roggendorf M, Lu M, et al. Regulation of hepatitis C virus replication and gene expression by the MAPK-ERK pathway. Virol Sin. 2012;27:278-85 pubmed publisher..It could be shown that the MAPK-ERK inhibitors are able to partially modulate the expression of interferon-stimulated genes. ..
- Shi Y, Hu Z, Xiong Z, Zhou Y, Jin X, Gu C, et al. Analysis of molecular variation of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in Central China from 2006 to 2012. Arch Virol. 2013;158:717-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that the number of potential N-glycosylation sites had apparently increased since 2006. These findings increase our knowledge of PRRSV epidemiology in Central China...
- Peng Q, Lan X, Wang C, Ren Y, Yue N, Wang J, et al. Kobuvirus VP3 protein restricts the IFN-?-triggered signaling pathway by inhibiting STAT2-IRF9 and STAT2-STAT2 complex formation. Virology. 2017;507:161-169 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data reveal a new mechanism for immune evasion of PKV. ..
- Hou W, Cruz Cosme R, Armstrong N, Obwolo L, Wen F, Hu W, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the genes encoding the proteins of Zika virus. Gene. 2017;628:117-128 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ZIKV generates 10 functional viral proteins that exhibit distinctive subcellular distribution in host cells. ..
- Zhang Q, Xiao F, Xie J, Li Z, Gui J. Complete genome sequence of lymphocystis disease virus isolated from China. J Virol. 2004;78:6982-94 pubmed
- Ren W, Li W, Yu M, Hao P, Zhang Y, Zhou P, et al. Full-length genome sequences of two SARS-like coronaviruses in horseshoe bats and genetic variation analysis. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:3355-9 pubmed..Genetic analysis demonstrated that a diverse G2b-CoV population exists in the bat habitat and has evolved from a common ancestor of SARS-CoV...
- Qiao H, Lu N, Du E, Yao L, Xiao H, Lu S, et al. Rare codons in uORFs of baculovirus p13 gene modulates downstream gene expression. Virus Res. 2011;155:249-53 pubmed publisher..Rare codon mutations in both uORFs were much more efficient in up-regulating the associate gene expression than mutations in either of the two uORFs alone. ..
- Zhu H, Zheng C, Xing J, Wang S, Li S, Lin R, et al. Varicella-zoster virus immediate-early protein ORF61 abrogates the IRF3-mediated innate immune response through degradation of activated IRF3. J Virol. 2011;85:11079-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results convincingly demonstrate that ORF61 down-modulates the IRF3-mediated IFN-? pathway by degradation of activated IRF3 via direct interaction, which may contribute to the pathogenesis of VZV infection...
- Lei X, Ou T, Zhu R, Zhang Q. Sequencing and analysis of the complete genome of Rana grylio virus (RGV). Arch Virol. 2012;157:1559-64 pubmed publisher..Thirty-three repeated sequences were found in the RGV genome. These results provide insight into the genetic nature of RGV and are useful for laboratory diagnosis for vertebrate iridoviruses...
- Wang Z, Qiu Y, Liu Y, Qi N, Si J, Xia X, et al. Characterization of a nodavirus replicase revealed a de novo initiation mechanism of RNA synthesis and terminal nucleotidyltransferase activity. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:30785-801 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data establish the de novo synthesis initiation mechanism and the TNTase activity of WhNV protein A, and this work represents an important advance toward understanding the mechanism(s) of nodaviral RNA replication. ..
- Lin X, Sun R, Zhang F, Gao Y, Bin L, Lan K. The Latency-Associated Nuclear Antigen of Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Inhibits Expression of SUMO/Sentrin-Specific Peptidase 6 To Facilitate Establishment of Latency. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This delicate regulation may provide important insights to explain the abundance of LANA during KSHV latency. ..
- Wang X, Zou Z, Deng Z, Liang D, Zhou X, Sun R, et al. Male hormones activate EphA2 to facilitate Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus infection: Implications for gender disparity in Kaposi's sarcoma. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006580 pubmed publisher..Taken together, membrane-localized AR was identified as a KSHV entry factor that cooperatively activates Src/RSK1/EphA2 signaling, which subsequently promotes KSHV infection of both endothelial and epithelial cells. ..
- Wang Z, Song J, Zhang Y, Yang B, Wang Y, Chen S. Mechanism analysis of broad-spectrum disease resistance induced by expression of anti-apoptotic p35 gene in tobacco. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2008;24:1707-13 pubmed
- Qing M, Yang F, Zhang B, Zou G, Robida J, Yuan Z, et al. Cyclosporine inhibits flavivirus replication through blocking the interaction between host cyclophilins and viral NS5 protein. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:3226-35 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that host CyPA is a component of flavivirus replication complex and could be targeted for potential antiviral development. ..
- Luo X, Pan R, Wan C, Liu X, Wu J, Pan Z. Glycosylation of classical swine fever virus E(rns) is essential for binding double-stranded RNA and preventing interferon-beta induction. Virus Res. 2009;146:135-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicated that N-glycan of CSFV E(rns) is essential for E(rns) blocking of IFN-beta induction. ..
- Cai D, Qiu Y, Qi N, Yan R, Lin M, Nie D, et al. Characterization of Wuhan Nodavirus subgenomic RNA3 and the RNAi inhibition property of its encoded protein B2. Virus Res. 2010;151:153-61 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that nonstructural protein B2 of WhNV is an efficient RNA interference (RNAi) suppressor in a cultured drosophila cell line. The amino-terminal region (aa 1-20) of B2 is essential for this RNAi inhibition activity. ..
- Zheng H, Yan F, Lu Y, Sun L, Lin L, Cai L, et al. Mapping the self-interacting domains of TuMV HC-Pro and the subcellular localization of the protein. Virus Genes. 2011;42:110-6 pubmed publisher..It was also shown that the central and C-terminal regions of the HC-Pro participated in these self-interactions. Fluorescence microscopy showed that TuMV HC-Pro was present in the cytoplasm and formed aggregates along the ER. ..
- Lin F, Ding Q, Guo H, Zheng A. The herpes simplex virus type 1 infected cell protein 22. Virol Sin. 2010;25:1-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, ICP22 interacts with cdk9 in a Us3 kinase dependent fashion to phosphorylate RNA polymerase II. ..
- Ye S, Xia H, Dong C, Cheng Z, Xia X, Zhang J, et al. Identification and characterization of Iflavirus 3C-like protease processing activities. Virology. 2012;428:136-45 pubmed publisher..Our work is the first study to identify an iflaviral 3CL protease and further characterize it in detail and should foster our understanding of EoV and other iflaviruses. ..
- Yang F, Chen M, Hu Y, Wang C. [Study on the role of NALP3 inflammasome in Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide induced RAW264.7]. Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;52:289-293 pubmed publisher..01?p<0.01????ac-yvad-cmk????il-1????????????????p=0.002?p=0.027??nalp3???????????????p<0.01?p<0.01?? ??? pg??????raw264.7???nalp3????????????????????????. ..