Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on testosterone in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
- Deng J, Liu C, Yu L, Zhou B. Chronic exposure to environmental levels of tribromophenol impairs zebrafish reproduction. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;243:87-95 pubmed publisher..The F(1)-generation larvae exhibited increased malformation, reduced survival, and retarded growth, suggesting that TBP in the aquatic environment has significant adverse effects on fish population. ..
- Wu H, Hao Y, Yu X, Xian Y, Zhao Q, Chen D, et al. Variation in sexual behaviors in a group of captive male Yangtze finless porpoises (Neophocaena phocaenoides asiaeorientalis): motivated by physiological changes?. Theriogenology. 2010;74:1467-75 pubmed publisher..However, its oversexed behavior neither quantitatively correlated with its smaller testicular volume (P = 0.61) nor with its testicular pixel intensity (P = 0.69)...
- Hua J, Han J, Wang X, Guo Y, Zhou B. The binary mixtures of megestrol acetate and 17?-ethynylestradiol adversely affect zebrafish reproduction. Environ Pollut. 2016;213:776-784 pubmed publisher..This study has important implications for environmental risk assessment of synthetic hormones that are concurrently present in aquatic systems. ..
- Qian Y, Zeng F. Re-establishment of spermatogenesis by diethylstilbestrol after 2,5-hexanedione-induced irreversible testicular atrophy in rats. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2008;28:179-81 pubmed publisher..Estrogen plays an important part in spermatogenesis, and the role of estrogen in spermatogenesis is more than suppressing the hypothalamo-pituitary-testis axis. ..
- Yao M, Dai M, Liu Z, Huang L, Chen D, Wang Y, et al. Comparison of the substrate kinetics of pig CYP3A29 with pig liver microsomes and human CYP3A4. Biosci Rep. 2011;31:211-20 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that pig CYP3A29 is similar to human CYP3A4 in both extent of expression and activity. The results reported in this paper provide a basis for future in vitro toxicity and metabolism studies...
- Ma Y, Han J, Guo Y, Lam P, Wu R, Giesy J, et al. Disruption of endocrine function in in vitro H295R cell-based and in in vivo assay in zebrafish by 2,4-dichlorophenol. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;106-107:173-81 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that 2,4-DCP modulates transcription of steroidogenetic genes in both H295R cells and in the zebrafish HPG-axis and disrupts steroidogenesis, which in turn, can cause adverse effects on reproduction in fish. ..