Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reproduction in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
- Wang Y, Zeng Q, Sun Y, Yang P, Wang P, Li J, et al. Semen phthalate metabolites, semen quality parameters and serum reproductive hormones: A cross-sectional study in China. Environ Pollut. 2016;211:173-82 pubmed publisher..There were no significant associations between semen phthalate metabolites and serum reproductive hormones. Our findings suggest that environmental exposure to phthalates may impair human semen quality. ..
- Hou Y, Yao K, Yin Y, Wu G. Endogenous Synthesis of Amino Acids Limits Growth, Lactation, and Reproduction in Animals. Adv Nutr. 2016;7:331-42 pubmed publisher..This new knowledge can guide the optimization of human nutrition for improving health and well-being. ..
- Chen L, Zhang W, Ye R, Hu C, Wang Q, Seemann F, et al. Chronic Exposure of Marine Medaka (Oryzias melastigma) to 4,5-Dichloro-2-n-octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one (DCOIT) Reveals Its Mechanism of Action in Endocrine Disruption via the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Gonadal-Liver (HPGL) Axis. Environ Sci Technol. 2016;50:4492-501 pubmed publisher..The reproductive impairments of DCOIT at environmentally realistic concentrations highlights the need for more comprehensive investigations of its potential ecological risks. ..
- Gui J, Zhou L. Genetic basis and breeding application of clonal diversity and dual reproduction modes in polyploid Carassius auratus gibelio. Sci China Life Sci. 2010;53:409-15 pubmed publisher..As a novel evolutionary developmental (Evo-Devo) biology model, this work highlights future perspectives about the functional divergence of duplicated genes and the sexual origin of vertebrate animals. ..
- Wang C, Wei Q, Kynard B, Du H, Zhang H. Migrations and movements of adult Chinese sturgeon Acipenser sinensis in the Yangtze River, China. J Fish Biol. 2012;81:696-713 pubmed publisher..05) in ground speeds among reaches or between sexes within reaches between telemetry receivers. These broad spatiotemporal scale results will help establish an effective protection strategy for the species in the Yangtze River. ..
- Zheng Y, Ren P, Wang J, Wang Y. Wolbachia-induced cytoplasmic incompatibility is associated with decreased Hira expression in male Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19512 pubmed publisher..These results may help determine the underlying mechanism of CI and provide further insight in to the important role Hira plays in the interaction of Wolbachia and its insect host. ..
- Liu L, Li F, Deng C, Zuo B, Zheng R, Xiong Y. Polymorphism of the pig 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type1 (HSD17B1) gene and its association with reproductive traits. Anim Reprod Sci. 2009;114:318-23 pubmed publisher..05), respectively. Therefore, HSD17B1 gene was significantly associated with litter size in two populations and could be a useful molecular marker in selection for increasing litter size in pigs. ..
- Lu Z, Huang X, Ouyang Y, Yao J. Genome-wide identification, phylogenetic and co-expression analysis of OsSET gene family in rice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65426 pubmed publisher..This study will facilitate further studies on OsSET family and provide useful clues for functional validation of OsSETs. ..
- Ke Feng F, Ting Ting Y, Meng Xiang S. Mosaicism in the organization of Con A binding sites on the membrane surface of female cells of Nicotiana tabacum. New Phytol. 2005;167:743-50 pubmed..Therefore, polarity of the plasma membrane component of female cells was confirmed for the first time. It is proposed that such polarized ConA binding sites could be involved in sperm recognition. ..
- Yu Q, Huang S. Flexible stigma presentation assists context-dependent pollination in a wild columbine. New Phytol. 2006;169:237-41 pubmed..This is the first description of stigma development regulated by pollen deposition in a wild plant. ..
- Luo Q, Li Z, Huang X, Yan J, Zhang S, Cai Y. Lycium barbarum polysaccharides: Protective effects against heat-induced damage of rat testes and H2O2-induced DNA damage in mouse testicular cells and beneficial effect on sexual behavior and reproductive function of hemicastrated rats. Life Sci. 2006;79:613-21 pubmed..barbarum fruits as an aphrodisiac and fertility-facilitating agent, and provide scientific evidence for a basis for the extensive use of L. barbarum fruits as a traditional remedy for male infertility in China...
- Hao Y, Chen D, Zhao Q, Wang D. Serum concentrations of gonadotropins and steroid hormones of Neophocaena phocaenoides asiaeorientalis in middle and lower regions of the Yangtze River. Theriogenology. 2007;67:673-80 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first study of endocrine-related maturity and seasonal breeding characteristics of the Yangtze finless porpoise...
- Liu C, Deng J, Yu L, Ramesh M, Zhou B. Endocrine disruption and reproductive impairment in zebrafish by exposure to 8:2 fluorotelomer alcohol. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;96:70-6 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that waterborne exposure to 8:2 FTOH caused disruption of sex hormone biosynthesis and impaired reproduction in adult zebrafish, ultimately resulting in decreased hatching rates in the offspring. ..
- Hua J, Han J, Wang X, Guo Y, Zhou B. The binary mixtures of megestrol acetate and 17?-ethynylestradiol adversely affect zebrafish reproduction. Environ Pollut. 2016;213:776-784 pubmed publisher..This study has important implications for environmental risk assessment of synthetic hormones that are concurrently present in aquatic systems. ..
- Zhang Y, Mei S, Peng X, Niu B, Ren Z, Zuo B, et al. Molecular characterization and SNPs analysis of the porcine Deleted in AZoospermia Like (pDAZL) gene. Anim Reprod Sci. 2009;112:415-22 pubmed publisher..304 pig per litter (P<0.05). This result suggests that the pDAZL gene might be a good candidate gene of litter size trait and provides some marker information for marker-assisted selection (MAS). ..
- Liu Y, Wang D, Chen L. The physiology of bicarbonate transporters in mammalian reproduction. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:99 pubmed publisher..Here we review recent progress in understanding the expression of HCO(3)(-) transporters in reproductive tract tissues as well as the physiological roles of these transporters in mammalian reproduction. ..
- Hua Y, Liu M, Li Z. Parental genome separation and elimination of cells and chromosomes revealed by AFLP and GISH analyses in a Brassica carinata x Orychophragmus violaceus cross. Ann Bot. 2006;97:993-8 pubmed..violaceus chromosomes and some introgression of O. violaceus genetic information. ..
- Peng R, Maklokova V, Chandrashekhar J, Lan Q. In vivo functional genomic studies of sterol carrier protein-2 gene in the yellow fever mosquito. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18030 pubmed publisher..This new method will be a simple and efficient tool for in vivo functional genomic studies in mosquitoes...
- Deng J, Liu C, Yu L, Zhou B. Chronic exposure to environmental levels of tribromophenol impairs zebrafish reproduction. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;243:87-95 pubmed publisher..The F(1)-generation larvae exhibited increased malformation, reduced survival, and retarded growth, suggesting that TBP in the aquatic environment has significant adverse effects on fish population. ..
- Li M, Sha A, Zhou X, Yang P. Comparative proteomic analyses reveal the changes of metabolic features in soybean (Glycine max) pistils upon pollination. Sex Plant Reprod. 2012;25:281-91 pubmed publisher..This study will enhance our understanding of pollen-stigma interaction in plant sexual reproductive growth. ..
- Huang X, Zhou Y, Ma J, Wang N, Zhang Z, Ji J, et al. Nitric oxide mediated effects on reproductive toxicity caused by carbon disulfide in male rats. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;34:679-87 pubmed publisher..SNP reduced some of the toxic effects of CS(2), while L-NMMA treatment showed no effect. The results suggests that NO mediates compromised reproductive system function caused by CS(2) exposure...
- Li X, Zou Y, Xiao C, Gituru R, Guo Y, Yang C. The differential contributions of herkogamy and dichogamy as mechanisms of avoiding self-interference in four self-incompatible Epimedium species. J Evol Biol. 2013;26:1949-58 pubmed publisher..In genus Epimedium, herkogamy instead of dichogamy should be selected preferentially and evolved as an effective mechanism for avoiding self-interference and might not need to evolve linked with dichogamy. ..
- Cheng J, Su Q, Jiao X, Shi C, Yang Y, Han H, et al. Effects of Heat Shock on the Bradysia odoriphaga (Diptera: Sciaridae). J Econ Entomol. 2017;110:1630-1638 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results indicate that heat shock negatively influences B. odoriphaga. ..
- Han J, Wang Q, Wang X, Li Y, Wen S, Liu S, et al. The synthetic progestin megestrol acetate adversely affects zebrafish reproduction. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;150:66-72 pubmed publisher..The present study showed that MTA is a potent endocrine disruptor in fish, and short-term exposure to MTA could significantly affect reproduction in fish and negatively impact the fish population. ..
- Han L, Wu C, Riaz H, Bai L, Chen J, Zhen Y, et al. Characterization of the mechanism of inhibin ?-subunit gene in mouse anterior pituitary cells by RNA interference. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74596 pubmed publisher..This study concludes that inhibin is a broad regulatory marker in anterior pituitary cells by regulating apoptosis, cellular progression and simultaneously by vital fluctuations in the hormonal signaling. ..
- Li X, Zhang M, Zhang H. RNA interference of four genes in adult Bactrocera dorsalis by feeding their dsRNAs. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17788 pubmed publisher..Additionally the over-expression of the target gene after continuously feeding dsRNA or bacteria was observed. ..
- Wang C, Li S, Li C, Feng Y, Peng X, Gong Y. Molecular cloning, expression profile, polymorphism and the genetic effects of the dopamine D1 receptor gene on duck reproductive traits. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:9239-46 pubmed publisher..765A > T genotypes were significantly associated with egg shape index and egg shell strength (P < 0.05). Those results suggest that the DRD1 gene may be a potential genetic marker to improve some reproductive traits in ducks. ..
- Zhang Y, Chen J, Cui X, Luo D, Xia H, Dai J, et al. A controllable on-off strategy for the reproductive containment of fish. Sci Rep. 2015;5:7614 pubmed publisher..This on-off strategy is a potentially effective means of generating sterile fish for commercialization while retaining fertility in brood stocks, and offers a novel method to mitigate the ecological risks of fish introductions. ..
- Sun X, Mei S, Tao H, Wang G, Su L, Jiang S, et al. Microarray profiling for differential gene expression in PMSG-hCG stimulated preovulatory ovarian follicles of Chinese Taihu and Large White sows. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:111 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study reveals many potential avenues of investigation for seeking new insights into ovarian physiology and the genetic control of reproduction. ..
- Yuan J, Moaeen ud Din M, Gong Y, Peng X, Yang L, Feng Y, et al. Identification of mutations of zona pellucida glycoprotein (ZP3) and its association with pig reproductive traits. J Anim Breed Genet. 2007;124:144-9 pubmed..11 piglets NBA than of the sows with genotype AB (p < 0.05) in the 18 bp deletion/insertion of intron 2, while non-significant associations between the other mutations and reproductive traits (NBA and TN) were found. ..
- Huang S, Tang L, Sun J, Lu Y. Pollinator response to female and male floral display in a monoecious species and its implications for the evolution of floral dimorphism. New Phytol. 2006;171:417-24 pubmed..The results suggest that the lack of selection on large male displays may affect the evolution of floral dimorphism in this species. ..
- Wang K, Gao F, Ji Y, Liu Y, Dan Z, Yang P, et al. ORFH79 impairs mitochondrial function via interaction with a subunit of electron transport chain complex III in Honglian cytoplasmic male sterile rice. New Phytol. 2013;198:408-18 pubmed publisher..This defect results in energy production dysfunction and oxidative stress in mitochondria, which may work as retrograde signals that lead to abnormal pollen development. ..
- Chen L, Hu C, Huang C, Wang Q, Wang X, Yang L, et al. Alterations in retinoid status after long-term exposure to PBDEs in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2012;120-121:11-8 pubmed publisher..This study also indicated that retinoid levels in zebrafish are sensitive to PBDE exposure and highlighted the importance of liver storage, which appears to support important functions in reproduction and vision. ..
- Hua G, Yang L. A review of research progress of FecB gene in Chinese breeds of sheep. Anim Reprod Sci. 2009;116:1-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, introducing FecB gene to some low prolific breeds of sheep by crossbreeding system can improve the reproductive traits. ..
- Huang S, Tang L, Yu Q, Guo Y. Temporal floral sex allocation in protogynous Aquilegia yabeana contrasts with protandrous species: support for the mating environment hypothesis. Evolution. 2004;58:1131-4 pubmed..These observations support the temporal sex allocation hypothesis of Brunet and Charlesworth (1995)...