Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein interaction mapping in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
Topic: protein interaction mapping
- Han Y, Song J, Wang L, Shu C, Guo J, Chen L. Prediction and characterization of protein-protein interaction network in Bacillus licheniformis WX-02. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19486 pubmed publisher..Thus, CcpA might play an important role in the regulation of Î³-PGA synthesis. This study therefore will facilitate the understanding of the complex cellular behaviors and mechanisms of Î³-PGA synthesis in B. licheniformis WX-02. ..
- Zhang W, Xu J, Li Y, Zou X. A new two-stage method for revealing missing parts of edges in protein-protein interaction networks. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177029 pubmed publisher..This study provides a general paradigm for predicting new interactions between protein pairs and offers new insights into identifying essential proteins. ..
- He D, Wang Q, Li M, Damaris R, Yi X, Cheng Z, et al. Global Proteome Analyses of Lysine Acetylation and Succinylation Reveal the Widespread Involvement of both Modification in Metabolism in the Embryo of Germinating Rice Seed. J Proteome Res. 2016;15:879-90 pubmed publisher..This study provides a rich resource to examine the modulation of the two PTMs on the metabolism pathway and other biological processes in germinating rice seed. ..
- Wang Y, Cui T, Zhang C, Yang M, Huang Y, Li W, et al. Global protein-protein interaction network in the human pathogen Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:6665-77 pubmed publisher..This is the first systematic noncomputational PPI data for the human pathogen, and it provides a useful resource for studies of infection mechanisms, new signaling pathways, and novel antituberculosis drug development. ..
- Deng F, Ye G, Liu Q, Navid M, Zhong X, Li Y, et al. Identification and Comparison of Receptor Binding Characteristics of the Spike Protein of Two Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus Strains. Viruses. 2016;8:55 pubmed publisher..Understanding the differences in receptor binding between the prototype and the variant strains may provide insight into PEDV pathogenesis. ..
- Chen H, Pei R, Zhu W, Zeng R, Wang Y, Wang Y, et al. An alternative splicing isoform of MITA antagonizes MITA-mediated induction of type I IFNs. J Immunol. 2014;192:1162-70 pubmed publisher..However, NF-?B pathway was still activated by MRP, as MRP retained the ability to interact with inducible inhibitor of NF-?B (i?B) kinase. Thus, MRP acts as a dominant negative regulator of MITA-mediated induction of IFN production. ..
- Yuan S, Nie W, He F, Jia Z, Gao X. Kin2, the Budding Yeast Ortholog of Animal MARK/PAR-1 Kinases, Localizes to the Sites of Polarized Growth and May Regulate Septin Organization and the Cell Wall. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0153992 pubmed publisher..We speculate that Kin2 may be regulated by Bmh1, Rho3, or Pea2 in vivo. Our study provides new insight in the localization, function, and regulation of Kin2. ..
- Huang S, Chen J, Chen Q, Wang H, Yao Y, Chen J, et al. A second CRM1-dependent nuclear export signal in the influenza A virus NS2 protein contributes to the nuclear export of viral ribonucleoproteins. J Virol. 2013;87:767-78 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that leucine-rich NES2 is involved in the nuclear export of vRNPs and contributes to the understanding of nucleocytoplasmic transport of influenza virus vRNPs...
- Xu Q, Zhang P, Hu C, Liu X, Qi Y, Liu Y. Identification of amino acid residues involved in the interaction between measles virus Haemagglutin (MVH) and its human cell receptor (signaling lymphocyte activation molecule, SLAM). J Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;39:406-11 pubmed..At the same time, K58, S59 and H61 of SLAM was also identified to be critical for MVH and SLAM binding. Further, these residues may be useful targets for the development of measles therapy...
- Dong C, Deng F, Li D, Wang H, Hu Z. The heptad repeats region is essential for AcMNPV P10 filament formation and not the proline-rich or the C-terminus basic regions. Virology. 2007;365:390-7 pubmed
- Xiong M, Li B, Zhu Q, Wang Y, Zhang H. Identification of transcription factors for drug-associated gene modules and biomedical implications. Bioinformatics. 2014;30:305-9 pubmed publisher..g. polyphenols) and their associated modules and TFs are helpful to elucidate their polypharmacological effects in terms of activating specific TFs, such as ERs, nuclear factor-like 2 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. ..
- Ye J, Chen Z, Li Y, Zhao Z, He W, Zohaib A, et al. Japanese Encephalitis Virus NS5 Inhibits Type I Interferon (IFN) Production by Blocking the Nuclear Translocation of IFN Regulatory Factor 3 and NF-ÎºB. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel strategy for JEV to escape the host innate immune response and provide new insights into the pathogenesis of JEV. ..
- Wang G, Cao X, Lai S, Luo X, Feng Y, Xia X, et al. PI3K stimulates DNA synthesis and cell-cycle progression via its p55PIK regulatory subunit interaction with PCNA. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:2100-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the p55PIK-PCNA interaction provides a potential new target for anticancer drug development. ..
- Wen D, Yan L, Shao L, Guo H, Li X, Fang Q. Aquareovirus protein VP6 colocalizes with NS80 protein in infected and transfected cells. Virol J. 2013;10:133 pubmed publisher..The colocalization of VP6 and NS80 is corresponding to their homologous proteins ?2 and ?NS in MRV. Our results suggest that VP6 may play a significant role in viral replication and particle assembly. ..
- Liu L, Nie P, Yu H, Xie H. Regulation of Type III Secretion of Translocon and Effector Proteins by the EsaB/EsaL/EsaM Complex in Edwardsiella tarda. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..tarda during a coinfection model. These results demonstrate that EsaB/EsaL/EsaM form a ternary complex controlling the secretion of T3SS translocon and effector proteins and contributing to E. tarda pathogenesis. ..
- Chen Z, Hu Y, Yang W, He Y, Feng J, Wang B, et al. Hg1, novel peptide inhibitor specific for Kv1.3 channels from first scorpion Kunitz-type potassium channel toxin family. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13813-21 pubmed publisher..3 channels. Their structural and functional diversity strongly suggest that Kunitz-type toxins are a new source to screen and design potential peptides for diagnosing and treating Kv1.3-mediated autoimmune diseases...
- Xu Y, Wang H, Zhou J, Lei Y, Zhou Y, Yang Q, et al. Zebrafish Nanos interacts with and regulates the phosphorylation of Mylz2. Biochimie. 2010;92:1812-7 pubmed publisher..We discuss the biological roles of the interaction between Nanos and Mylz2 and the Nanos regulating phosphorylation of the Mylz2 in PGCs. ..
- Ke D, Fang Q, Chen C, Zhu H, Chen T, Chang X, et al. The small GTPase ROP6 interacts with NFR5 and is involved in nodule formation in Lotus japonicus. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:131-43 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a role of ROP6 as a positive regulator of infection thread formation and nodulation in L. japonicus...
- Wang J, Jiang P, Feng H, Feng Y, He Z. Three eukaryote-like Orc1/Cdc6 proteins functionally interact and mutually regulate their activities of binding to the replication origin in the hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus P2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:63-70 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the functional interaction among the archaeal multiple Cdc6 proteins to regulate DNA replication...
- Li X, Luo X, Li Z, Wang G, Xiao H, Tao D, et al. Screening of binding proteins that interact with human Salvador 1 in a human fetal liver cDNA library by the yeast two-hybrid system. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:8225-30 pubmed publisher..We also confirmed the interaction of HAX-1 and hSav1 in mammalian cells. This investigation provides functional clues for further exploration of potential apoptosis-related proteins in disease biotherapy. ..
- Zeng X, Luo X, Wang S, Zhan X. Fibronectin-mediated cell spreading requires ABBA-Rac1 signaling. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:773-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that ABBA is activated in response to cell spreading, which markedly promotes cell spreading, and ABBA is required for Rac1 activation and cell spreading. ..
- Chen K, Chen S, Huang C, Cheng H, Zhou R. TCTP increases stability of hypoxia-inducible factor 1? by interaction with and degradation of the tumour suppressor VHL. Biol Cell. 2013;105:208-218 pubmed publisher..These data have demonstrated that TCTP binds to the ? domain of VHL through competition with HIF1?, which promotes VHL degradation by the ubiquitin-proteasome system and HIF1? stability. ..
- Ren W, Qu X, Li W, Han Z, Yu M, Zhou P, et al. Difference in receptor usage between severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) coronavirus and SARS-like coronavirus of bat origin. J Virol. 2008;82:1899-907 pubmed..The significance of these findings in relation to virus origin, virus recombination, and host switching is discussed...
- Gu J, Li T, Zhao L, Liang X, Fu X, Wang J, et al. Identification of Significant Pathways Induced by PAX5 Haploinsufficiency Based on Protein-Protein Interaction Networks and Cluster Analysis in Raji Cell Line. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:5326370 pubmed publisher..These changes hinted that the mechanism of PAX5 haploinsufficiency promoting tumorigenesis may be related to genomic instability, immune tolerance, and tumor pathways. ..
- Li M, Wang S, Cai M, Guo H, Zheng C. Characterization of molecular determinants for nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of PRV UL54. Virology. 2011;417:385-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, UL54 was demonstrated to target to the nucleus through a classic Ran-, importin ?1- and ?5-dependent nuclear import mechanism...
- Wang Y, Li L, Ye T, Zhao S, Liu Z, Feng Y, et al. Cytokinin antagonizes ABA suppression to seed germination of Arabidopsis by downregulating ABI5 expression. Plant J. 2011;68:249-61 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study suggests that the interaction of ABA and cytokinin during seed germination and seedling growth can be mediated by the interplay of transcriptional regulators in Arabidopsis. ..
- Li S, Liu P, Xi L, Jiang X, Wu M, Deng D, et al. Expression of TMEM87B interacting with the human papillomavirus type 18 E6 oncogene in the Hela cDNA library by a yeast two-hybrid system. Oncol Rep. 2008;20:421-7 pubmed..It was indicated that the yeast two-hybrid system is efficient for screening interacting proteins. The novel gene TMEM87B may interact with HPV18 E6 and may be a potential oncogenesis target according to the bioinformatics analysis. ..
- Liao S, Deng D, Hu X, Wang W, Li L, Li W, et al. HPV16/18 E5, a promising candidate for cervical cancer vaccines, affects SCPs, cell proliferation and cell cycle, and forms a potential network with E6 and E7. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:120-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, HPV16/18 E5 plays a critical role in carcinogenesis and is a potential therapeutic target in CC treatment. ..
- Chen J, Huang S, Chen Z. Human cellular protein nucleoporin hNup98 interacts with influenza A virus NS2/nuclear export protein and overexpression of its GLFG repeat domain can inhibit virus propagation. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:2474-84 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal the interaction between hNup98 and NS2. The GLFG repeat domain of hNup98 might competitively inhibit the interaction between NS2 and endogenous hNup98, consequently inhibiting virus propagation. ..
- Cui T, Zhang L, Wang X, He Z. Uncovering new signaling proteins and potential drug targets through the interactome analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:118 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the pathogen interactome is a powerful approach for dissecting potential signal transduction and virulence pathways. It also offers opportunities for exploring new drug targets...
- Zhao K, Wu C, Yao Y, Cao L, Zhang Z, Yuan Y, et al. Ceruloplasmin inhibits the production of extracellular hepatitis B virions by targeting its middle surface protein. J Gen Virol. 2017;98:1410-1421 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that CP may be an important host factor that targets MHBs during the envelopment and/or release of virions. ..
- Wang B, Yang S, Zhang L, He Z. Archaeal eukaryote-like serine/threonine protein kinase interacts with and phosphorylates a forkhead-associated-domain-containing protein. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:1956-64 pubmed publisher..Our data provide critical information on the structural or functional characteristics of archaeal proteins and could help increase our understanding of fundamental signaling mechanisms in all three domains of life...
- Zheng H, Yan F, Lu Y, Sun L, Lin L, Cai L, et al. Mapping the self-interacting domains of TuMV HC-Pro and the subcellular localization of the protein. Virus Genes. 2011;42:110-6 pubmed publisher..It was also shown that the central and C-terminal regions of the HC-Pro participated in these self-interactions. Fluorescence microscopy showed that TuMV HC-Pro was present in the cytoplasm and formed aggregates along the ER. ..
- Zhu H, Zheng C, Xing J, Wang S, Li S, Lin R, et al. Varicella-zoster virus immediate-early protein ORF61 abrogates the IRF3-mediated innate immune response through degradation of activated IRF3. J Virol. 2011;85:11079-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results convincingly demonstrate that ORF61 down-modulates the IRF3-mediated IFN-? pathway by degradation of activated IRF3 via direct interaction, which may contribute to the pathogenesis of VZV infection...
- Luo T, Fan T, Liu Y, Rothbart M, Yu J, Zhou S, et al. Thioredoxin redox regulates ATPase activity of magnesium chelatase CHLI subunit and modulates redox-mediated signaling in tetrapyrrole biosynthesis and homeostasis of reactive oxygen species in pea plants. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:118-30 pubmed publisher
- Li Y, Jiang J, Li L, Wang X, Wang N, Li D, et al. A cotton LIM domain-containing protein (GhWLIM5) is involved in bundling actin filaments. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;66:34-40 pubmed publisher..Our results contribute to a better understanding of the biochemical role of GhWLIM5 in modulating the dynamic F-actin network in cotton. ..
- Yuan S, Zhu H, Gou H, Fu W, Liu L, Chen T, et al. A ubiquitin ligase of symbiosis receptor kinase involved in nodule organogenesis. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:106-17 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIE3 represents a new class of E3 ubiquitin ligase, acts as a regulator of SymRK, and is involved in rhizobial infection and nodulation in L. japonicus...