Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plant dna in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
Topic: plant dna
- Yuan W, Li X, Chang Y, Wen R, Chen G, Zhang Q, et al. Mutation of the rice gene PAIR3 results in lack of bivalent formation in meiosis. Plant J. 2009;59:303-15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PAIR3 plays a crucial role in homologous chromosome pairing and synapsis in meiosis...
- Long H, He J, Sun H, Hao S, Jiao M. In situ comparative studies on subnucleolar distribution and configuration of plant rDNA. Micron. 2008;39:405-10 pubmed publisher..The rDNA was condensed in some regions and uncondensed in others. Nucleolus-associated chromatin extended from outside the nucleolus to the periphery of the FCs via nucleolar channels, which suggests a possible origin for nucleolar DNA. ..
- Li X, Guo W, Wang B, Li X, Chen H, Wei L, et al. Instability of chromosome number and DNA methylation variation induced by hybridization and amphidiploid formation between Raphanus sativus L. and Brassica alboglabra Bailey. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:207 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, epigenetic mechanisms play an important role in intergeneric distant hybridization, probably by maintaining a genetic balance through the modification of existing genetic materials. ..
- Sha A, Lin X, Huang J, Zhang D. Analysis of DNA methylation related to rice adult plant resistance to bacterial blight based on methylation-sensitive AFLP (MSAP) analysis. Mol Genet Genomics. 2005;273:484-90 pubmed
- Cheng L, Li H, Qu B, Huang T, Tu J, Fu T, et al. Chloroplast transformation of rapeseed (Brassica napus) by particle bombardment of cotyledons. Plant Cell Rep. 2010;29:371-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that rapeseed may be a suitable crop for chloroplast transformation with cotyledons as explants under appropriate conditions. ..
- Hua Y, Chen X, Xiong J, Zhang Y, Zhu Y. [Isolation and analysis of isolation of differentially-methylated fragment CIDM7 in rice induced by cold stress]. Yi Chuan. 2005;27:595-600 pubmed..CIDM7 is demethylated induced by cold stress. Northern blot analysis confirms that CIDM7 gene expression is up-regulated by cold stress. CIDM7 is single copy and lacated on the Nipponbare chromosome 10 (12.56 Mb-12.57 Mb). ..
- Tu Y, Sun J, Ge X, Li Z. Production and genetic analysis of partial hybrids from intertribal sexual crosses between Brassica napus and Isatis indigotica and progenies. Genome. 2010;53:146-56 pubmed publisher..napus. The reasons for the formation of the partial hybrids with unexpected chromosomal complements and for the chromosome elimination are discussed...
- Wang A, Yu Z, Ding Y. Genetic diversity analysis of wild close relatives of barley from Tibet and the Middle East by ISSR and SSR markers. C R Biol. 2009;332:393-403 pubmed publisher..Cluster analysis of the ISSR and SSR results by the UPGMA method revealed two distinct groups correlated with the geographic origin of sampling. These results offer a new evidence for the theory of the origin of Hordeum vulgare L. ..
- Kang M, Buckley Y, Lowe A. Testing the role of genetic factors across multiple independent invasions of the shrub Scotch broom (Cytisus scoparius). Mol Ecol. 2007;16:4662-73 pubmed..The high levels of genetic diversity, differential and source admixture identified for most exotic populations are likely to limit the ability to source biocontrol agents from the native region of origin of invasive populations...
- Ma L, Hong Z, Zhang Z. Perinuclear and nuclear envelope localizations of Arabidopsis Ran proteins. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:1373-82 pubmed..These results suggest that plant Ran proteins may be involved in mediation of nucleocytoplasmic transport and assembly of the nuclear envelope after karyokinesis in plant cells. ..
- Wen W, Mei H, Feng F, Yu S, Huang Z, Wu J, et al. Population structure and association mapping on chromosome 7 using a diverse panel of Chinese germplasm of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Theor Appl Genet. 2009;119:459-70 pubmed publisher..Marker-based allelic effects were shown in a couple of associated markers as examples. The application of association results in breeding program was also discussed. ..
- Gao L, Yi X, Yang Y, Su Y, Wang T. Complete chloroplast genome sequence of a tree fern Alsophila spinulosa: insights into evolutionary changes in fern chloroplast genomes. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:130 pubmed publisher..Availability of cp genome sequence from a tree fern will facilitate interpretation of the evolutionary changes of fern cp genomes. Here we have sequenced the complete cp genome of a scaly tree fern Alsophila spinulosa (Cyatheaceae)...
- Zou L, Li H, Ouyang B, Zhang J, Ye Z. Molecular cloning, expression and mapping analysis of a novel cytosolic ascorbate peroxidase gene from tomato. DNA Seq. 2005;16:456-61 pubmed..LecAPX2 was mapped to 6-A using 75 tomato introgression lines (ILs), each containing a single homozygous RFLP-defined chromosome segment from the green-fruited species Lycopersicon pennellii. ..
- Xu X, Walters C, Antolin M, Alexander M, Lutz S, Ge S, et al. Phylogeny and biogeography of the eastern Asian-North American disjunct wild-rice genus (Zizania L., Poaceae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2010;55:1008-17 pubmed publisher..palustris and Z. aquatica in the organellar and nuclear data is most likely caused by incomplete lineage sorting, yet low-frequency unidirectional introgression of Z. palustris into Z. aquatica is present in the nuclear data as well...
- Li J, Wan D, Chen K. [RAPD analysis of 8 medicinal species of Selaginella]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2007;30:403-6 pubmed..To identify 8 medicinal species of Selaginella with method of molecular marker and to explore their genetic relationship...
- He J, Ke L, Hong D, Xie Y, Wang G, Liu P, et al. Fine mapping of a recessive genic male sterility gene (Bnms3) in rapeseed (Brassica napus) with AFLP- and Arabidopsis-derived PCR markers. Theor Appl Genet. 2008;117:11-8 pubmed publisher..56 to 0.14 cM. These results provide additional information for map-based cloning of the Bnms3 gene and will be helpful for marker-assisted selection (MAS) of elite RGMS lines and maintainers. ..
- Yao X, Ye Q, Fritsch P, Cruz B, Huang H. Phylogeny of Sinojackia (Styracaceae) based on DNA sequence and microsatellite data: implications for taxonomy and conservation. Ann Bot. 2008;101:651-9 pubmed publisher..All species of Sinojackia are endangered or threatened owing to poor recruitment within populations. Information on molecular phylogenetics is critical for developing successful conservation strategies for this genus...