Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
Topic: middle aged
Publications636 found, 100 shown here
- Ma L, Zhang Y, Zheng Y, Wang Z, Xu Y, Kong L. [Multicenter randomized controlled clinical study on levornidazole and sodium chloride injection in the treatment of pelvic anaerobic infections]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2010;45:754-6 pubmed..05). it is effective and safe to treat pelvic anaerobic infections with levornidazole and sodium chloride injection. ..
- Xie M, Yi C, Luo X, Xu S, Yu Z, Tang Y, et al. Glial gap junctional communication involvement in hippocampal damage after middle cerebral artery occlusion. Ann Neurol. 2011;70:121-32 pubmed publisher..It might be possible to improve the cognition in patients with MCAO by manipulating interastrocytic communication via the gap junction channels. ..
- Zhu X, Zhao M, Liu C, Zhou J. Prediction of the postoperative pulmonary function in lung cancer patients with borderline function using ventilation-perfusion scintigraphy. Nucl Med Commun. 2012;33:283-7 pubmed publisher..0 l for pneumonectomy or <1.5 l for lobectomy]...
- Yang Q, Shen S, Zhou S, Ni J, Chen D, Wang G, et al. STAT3 activation and aberrant ligand-dependent sonic hedgehog signaling in human pulmonary adenocarcinoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2012;93:227-36 pubmed publisher..The signaling plays a more active role in adenocarcinoma, and is an early event in carcinogenesis of lung adenocarcinoma. The involvement of STAT3 pathway activation might function in inducing the process. ..
- Li J, Gui L, Wu C, He Y, Zhou L, Guo H, et al. Genome-wide association study on serum alkaline phosphatase levels in a Chinese population. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:684 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that ABO locus is a major determinant for serum ALP levels in Chinese Han population. Overweight and obesity modifies the effect of ABO locus on serum ALP concentrations. ..
- Wang P, Xu C, Yu C. Age-period-cohort analysis on the cancer mortality in rural China: 1990-2010. Int J Equity Health. 2014;13:1 pubmed publisher..Although the total cancer mortality risk is increasing at an accelerated rate, cancer mortality risk in recent born year is decreasing, indicating very important impact of social change on the cancer mortality in rural China. ..
- Zhou F, Wang C, Xiong J, Wan C, Zheng C. Experience in diagnosis and treatment of bleeding complications in severe acute pancreatitis by TAE. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2005;25:182-4 pubmed..Surgical hemostasis is necessary if hemostasis by TAE is failed or re-bleeding occurs after TAE. ..
- Hu Y, Wang Y, Guo T, Wei W, Sun C, Zhang L, et al. Identification of brain-derived neurotrophic factor as a novel angiogenic protein in multiple myeloma. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2007;178:1-10 pubmed..Anti-BDNF mAb treatment resulted in inhibition of tumor growth, decreased vessel density, and tumor necrosis. Our study suggested that the BDNF/TrkB signaling pathway could be involved, at least in part, in MM-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Wang Z, Xia B, Shrestha U, Jiang L, Ma C, Chen Q, et al. Correlation between adiponectin polymorphisms and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease with or without metabolic syndrome in Chinese population. J Endocrinol Invest. 2008;31:1086-91 pubmed..The T45G and G276T of the adiponectin gene may not be the important determinants of NAFLD in Chinese people, but some of them still influence serum ALT, BMI, IR, lipid, glucose metabolism and plasma adiponectin concentration. ..
- Bao W, Song F, Li X, Rong S, Yang W, Zhang M, et al. Plasma heme oxygenase-1 concentration is elevated in individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12371 pubmed publisher..More consequent studies were warranted to confirm the clinical utility of plasma HO-1, especially in diagnosis and prognosis of T2DM and its complications. ..
- Liu L, Yuan P, Wu C, Zhang X, Wang F, Guo H, et al. Assessment of XPD Lys751Gln and XRCC1 T-77C polymorphisms in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer patients treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. Lung Cancer. 2011;73:110-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicated that neither XPD Lys751Gln nor XRCC1 T-77C could be genetic determinant for prognosis of advanced NSCLC patients treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. ..
- Peng J, Zhang J, Huang H, Wang F, Du X, Luo P. L-arginine-glycine amidinotransferase, betaine-homocysteine S-methyltransferase, and neuropolypeptide H3 are diminished in renal clear cell carcinoma of humans. Saudi Med J. 2011;32:467-73 pubmed..Absence of AGAT, BHMT, and Nph3 is common events in clear cell RCC; hence, it may be involved in the development of RCC; therefore, they have the potential to be tumor markers for diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of RCC patients. ..
- Liu L, Wu C, Wang Y, Zhong R, Duan S, Wei S, et al. Combined effect of genetic polymorphisms in P53, P73, and MDM2 on non-small cell lung cancer survival. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:1793-800 pubmed publisher..039), indicating a gene-dose effect in association with survival. These findings suggest that genetic polymorphisms in the P53 pathway may be promising biomarkers for individualized chemotherapy and prognosis of NSCLC patients. ..
- Cui X, Zeng F, Liu Y, Zhang J, Archacki S, Zhan T, et al. A novel SCN1A missense mutation causes generalized epilepsy with febrile seizures plus in a Chinese family. Neurosci Lett. 2011;503:27-30 pubmed publisher..577C>T) causing a missense mutation (p.L193F) in the S3 segment of SCN1A domain D1. Our results expand the spectrum of SCN1A mutations and provide novel insights between the SCN1A mutations and the clinical variations of GEFS(+). ..
- Liang J, Huang H, Yang B, Wan J, Tang Y, Bao M, et al. A cross-sectional survey on the prevalence of anxiety symptoms in Chinese patients with premature ventricular contractions without structural heart disease. Chin Med J (Engl). 2012;125:2466-71 pubmed..Further research on the relationship between PVCs and anxiety symptoms in China is necessary. ..
- Li Z, Gong L, Wen Z, Wang J, Xu C, Huang X. Delta-like ligand 4 correlates with endothelial proliferation and vessel maturation in human malignant glioma. Onkologie. 2012;35:763-8 pubmed publisher..However, no significant association was found between DLL4 and EphrinB2 or EphB4 in high-grade gliomas. DLL4 may be an important regulator for vessel proliferation and maturation in human high-grade malignant gliomas. ..
- Tang L, Wang H, Lu X, Jian X, Jin B, Zheng H, et al. Common genetic risk factors for venous thrombosis in the Chinese population. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;92:177-87 pubmed publisher..This study is the largest genetic investigation of venous thrombosis in the Chinese population. Further study on genetics of thrombosis should focus on resequencing of THBD and other hemostasis genes in different populations. ..
- Peng C, Wang L, Zeng W, Yang X, Li Y. Evaluation of the staging systems for gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2013;108:93-105 pubmed publisher..801, P?<?0.001). In addition, the 7th TNM system did not increase the staging complexity (9 groups and 21 subgroups). The 7th TNM staging system represents advancement in GC staging system for better prediction of clinical outcomes. ..
- Liu B, Tang Y, Yi M, Liu Q, Xiong H, Hu G, et al. Genetic variants in the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene are associated with an increased risk of radiation pneumonitis in lung cancer patients. Cancer Med. 2017;6:681-688 pubmed publisher..331; 95% confidence interval, 1.168-9.497; P = 0.024). Our results indicated that PAI-1:rs7242 in the 3'-untranslated region of PAI-1 can be a predictor of grade ≥3 RP before radiotherapy. ..
- Lan T, Yan X, Li Z, Xu X, Mao Q, Ma W, et al. Long non-coding RNA PVT1 serves as a competing endogenous RNA for miR-186-5p to promote the tumorigenesis and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705338 pubmed publisher..Taken together, plasmacytoma variant translocation 1 served as an endogenous sponge for miR-186-5p to reduce its inhibiting effect on yes-associated protein 1 and thus promoted the tumorigenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Deng Y, Zuo J, Tao Z, Kong Y, Xiao B. [Expression and significance of SP-A in nasal mucosa of allergic rhinitis and nasal polyp]. Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2009;23:642-5 pubmed..Its secretion in the upper airway indicates that future studies may allow manipulation of this protein and development of novel treatments for sinonasal pathology. ..
- Zhang D, Zhao L, Shen Q, Lv Q, Jin M, Ma H, et al. Down-regulation of KIAA1199/CEMIP by miR-216a suppresses tumor invasion and metastasis in colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer. 2017;140:2298-2309 pubmed publisher..Collectively, KIAA1199 plays a critical role in maintaining an aggressive phenotype of tumor cells, and suppression of KIAA1199-related motilities of tumor cells contributes to reduced tumor metastasis in colorectal cancer. ..
- Xing J, Chen W, Han W, Guo M, Rehn S, Bruch J. Changes of tumor necrosis factor, surfactant protein A, and phospholipids in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in the development and progression of coal workers' pneumoconiosis. Biomed Environ Sci. 2006;19:124-9 pubmed..9 for PG/PI) to CWP (1/1) (1654 microg/mL for SP-A and 5.5 for PG/PI). Biomarkers in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid can be used to screen coal miners at high risk of developing coal workers' pneumoconiosis. ..
- Zhou C, Cao J, Shang L, Tong C, Hu H, Wang H, et al. Reduced paraoxonase 1 activity as a marker for severe coronary artery disease. Dis Markers. 2013;35:97-103 pubmed publisher..01). There is a significant correlation between PON1 activity and the severity of CAD as assessed by GSS (r = -0.393, P < 0.001). PON1 activity may be a potential biomarker for the severity of CAD. ..
- Dong W, Liu S, Zhu H, Luo H, Yu J. Abnormal function of platelets and role of angelica sinensis in patients with ulcerative colitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:606-9 pubmed..ASI can significantly inhibit platelet activation, relieve vascular endothelial cell injury, and improve microcirculation in UC. ..
- Shi X, Hu G, Yuan X, Li H, Liu Y, Ma D. [Relationship between VEGF-C expression and nasopharyngeal carcinoma proliferation and metastasis]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2006;28:364-7 pubmed..219, P > 0.05). High expression of VEGF-C is related with proliferation and metastasis of NPC cells. It is not an independent prognostic factor, but a predictive marker of disease-free survival of NPC patients. ..
- Han S, Liu J, Tan A, Peng J, Zhang R, Gao S, et al. Association of platelet-derived growth factor-D gene polymorphism with ischemic stroke in a Chinese case-control study. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2008;19:415-9 pubmed publisher..Future studies with larger and ethnically diverse populations are needed to further evaluate the platelet-derived growth factor-D polymorphism and stroke association, as well as its pathophysiological mechanisms. ..
- Liu T, Li F, Xiong W, Du X, Fang Z, Shang H, et al. Video-assisted anterior transcervical approach for the reduction of irreducible atlantoaxial dislocation. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010;35:1495-501 pubmed publisher..Technique note...
- Gao J, Liu J, Fan D, Xu H, Xiong Y, Xu W, et al. Up-regulated expression of Notch1 and Jagged1 in human colon adenocarcinoma. Pathol Biol (Paris). 2011;59:298-302 pubmed publisher..This investigation demonstrates that Notch1 and Jagged1 are up-regulated in human colon adenocarcinoma and suggests that Notch1/Jagged1 signaling might play a role in the development of colon adenocarcinoma. ..
- Ye Z, Yuan M, Zhou Q, Du R, Yang W, Xiong X, et al. Differentiation and recruitment of Th9 cells stimulated by pleural mesothelial cells in human Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31710 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis infection. In particular, pleural mesothelial cells were able to function as antigen-presenting cells to stimulate Th9 cell differentiation. ..
- Fan P, Zhang J, Wang B, Wu H, Zhou S, Wang C, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 up-regulates the expression of Toll-like receptor 4 in pancreatic cancer cells under hypoxic conditions. Pancreatology. 2012;12:170-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TLR4 expression in pancreatic cancer cells is up-regulated via HIF-1? in response to hypoxic stress and underscore the crucial role of HIF-1?-induced TLR4 in tumor growth. ..
- Li G, Zhu Y, Xie H, Chen S, Tseng S. Mesenchymal stem cells derived from human limbal niche cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:5686-97 pubmed publisher..We investigated whether human limbal niche cells generate mesenchymal stem cells...
- Gan L, Liu D, Lu H, Long G, Mei Q, Hu G, et al. Decreased expression of the carboxyl terminus of heat shock cognate 70 interacting protein in human gastric cancer and its clinical significance. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1392-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our study suggests that a negative correlation exists between CHIP expression and tumor malignancy in human gastric cancer. ..
- Zhao Y, Cao X, Zheng Y, Tang J, Cai W, Wang H, et al. Relationship between cervical disease and infection with human papillomavirus types 16 and 18, and herpes simplex virus 1 and 2. J Med Virol. 2012;84:1920-7 pubmed publisher..The obtained results indicated that the presence of HPV is associated closely with cervical cancer, and that HSV 2 infection or co-infection with HPV might be involved in cervical cancer development, while HSV 1 might not be involved. ..
- Shu X, Xue L, Liu W, Chen F, Zhu C, Sun X, et al. More vulnerability of left than right hippocampal damage in right-handed patients with post-traumatic stress disorder. Psychiatry Res. 2013;212:237-44 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that hippocampal dysfunction is asymmetric in right-handed PTSD patients, with the left side affected more than the right. ..
- Li Y, Xie J, Xu X, Wang J, Ao F, Wan Y, et al. MicroRNA-548 down-regulates host antiviral response via direct targeting of IFN-?1. Protein Cell. 2013;4:130-41 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that miRNA-548 regulates host antiviral response via direct targeting of IFN-?1, which may offer a potential candidate for antiviral therapy. ..
- Lin J, Chang W, Dong J, Zhang F, Mohabeer N, Kushwaha K, et al. Thymic stromal lymphopoietin over-expressed in human atherosclerosis: potential role in Th17 differentiation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;31:305-18 pubmed publisher..TSLP induced by ox-LDL could promote Th17 immune response in vitro, which may be implicated in Th17 inflammation in atherosclerosis. ..
- Liu Y, Mei C, Du R, Shen L. Protective effect of allograft inflammatory factor-1 on the apoptosis of fibroblast-like synoviocytes in patients with rheumatic arthritis induced by nitro oxide donor sodium nitroprusside. Scand J Rheumatol. 2013;42:349-55 pubmed publisher..AIF-1 can protect RA-FLS from apoptosis induced by NO by upregulating the expression of p-Akt and p-BAD. ..
- Li Z, Ongodia D, Wu Z, Li Z. Clinical characteristics and treatment of superolateral dislocation of the mandibular condyle. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013;42:1575-81 pubmed publisher..69 months). Satisfactory functional outcomes were achieved in these cases. The results of this study indicate that superolateral dislocation of the condyle assumes many forms, and the treatment depends on the presence of fractures. ..
- Jiang R, Dong X, Zhu W, Duan Q, Xue Y, Shen Y, et al. Combining PET/CT with serum tumor markers to improve the evaluation of histological type of suspicious lung cancers. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184338 pubmed publisher..05 for all). SUVmax and serum tumor markers show values in evaluating the histological types of suspicious lung cancers. When properly combined, the diagnostic efficiency can increase significantly. ..
- Long X, Li X, Cheng Y, Yang X, Qin L, Qiao Y, et al. Preservation of disc for treatment of traumatic temporomandibular joint ankylosis. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005;63:897-902 pubmed..A new operating method was used to treat traumatic temporomandibular joint (TMJ) ankylosis, to restore the structure of the TMJ, to improve the secondary maxillofacial deformity, and prevent recurrence of TMJ ankylosis...
- Xu Y, Tao Z, Hua Q, Wang X, Xiao B. [Expression and activation of nuclear factor-kappaB in middle ear cholesteatoma]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2006;41:455-9 pubmed..The NF-kappaB DNA binding activity of HaCat cell increased when exposed to cholesteatoma debris in a dose dependent manner. NF-kappaB might be an important factor which was involved in the occurrence and development of cholesteatoma. ..
- Wu Y, Lin J. DNA methyltransferase 3B promoter polymorphism and its susceptibility to primary hepatocellular carcinoma in the Chinese Han nationality population: a case-control study. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:6082-6 pubmed..DNMT3B genetic polymorphism is variable in different races, ethnic groups or geographic areas. Further study is needed to clarify the role of DNMT3B SNP in the development of HCC among other populations. ..
- Liao Y, Chen L, Zeng T, Zheng J, Li H. Association of the +33371 A/G polymorphism in adiponectin receptor 2 gene with Type 2 diabetes in the Chinese population. J Endocrinol Invest. 2007;30:860-4 pubmed
- Zhu C, Zhang R, Liu D, Mukhtar M, Liu W, Peng G, et al. Association of functional polymorphism of ApoB promoter with hepatitis C virus infection. Clin Chim Acta. 2009;401:124-7 pubmed publisher..2%) than in positive individuals (2.6%) (p<0.0001). CC genotype of ApoB promoter at -516 position may increase susceptibility of HCV infection and TT genotype may be associated with viral clearance. ..
- Long X, Sun G, Hu S, Liang G, Wang N, Zhang X, et al. Let-7a microRNA functions as a potential tumor suppressor in human laryngeal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:1189-95 pubmed..Thus, we propose that let-7a may be a tumor suppressor in laryngeal cancer by inhibiting cell growth, inducing cell apoptosis and downregulating the oncogenes expression. ..
- Zhang L, Yang M, Bi N, Ji W, Wu C, Tan W, et al. Association of TGF-?1 and XPD polymorphisms with severe acute radiation-induced esophageal toxicity in locally advanced lung cancer patients treated with radiotherapy. Radiother Oncol. 2010;97:19-25 pubmed publisher..55; 95% CI=0.32-0.96; P=0.030). This report, for the first time, examined the influence of inherited variation in the DNA repair and the cytokine pathways on RIET. ..
- Zheng M, Zheng K, Zhou J, Sun H, Huang L, Liu W. Tcf-1 gene silence suppresses downstream gene expression in CD4(+) T cells from bone marrow of aplastic anemia patients. Ann Hematol. 2012;91:353-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Tcf-1 may contribute to pathogenesis of AA by regulating downstream gene expression such as c-myc and CD44. ..
- Huang X, Zhou W, Chen J, Chu H, Xiao C, Hua X, et al. [A pilot investigation on serum protein fingerprinting of nasopharyngeal carcinoma]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2011;46:509-12 pubmed..05). The serum marker proteins and specific protein fingerprints of NPC can be screened out by SELDI-TOF-MS, which could be used to develop a serum proteomics model for clinical screening and early diagnosis of NPC. ..
- Yi F, Zhao J, Luckheeram R, Lei Y, Wang C, Huang S, et al. The prevalence and risk factors of cytomegalovirus infection in inflammatory bowel disease in Wuhan, Central China. Virol J. 2013;10:43 pubmed publisher..However, no risk factor was found to be significantly correlated with CMV infection in multivariate analysis of risk factors. ..
- Zhao G, Zhang J, Shi Y, Qin Q, Liu Y, Wang B, et al. MiR-130b is a prognostic marker and inhibits cell proliferation and invasion in pancreatic cancer through targeting STAT3. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73803 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that miR-130b might have a considerable potential in prognosis identification and application of therapy for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Chen Y, Ji W, Li T, Cong X, Chen Z. The mini-incision technique for carpal tunnel release using nasal instruments in Chinese patients. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7677 pubmed publisher..001).We conclude that the mini-incision technique for CTR using nasal instruments in Chinese patients is safe, effective, and low cost. It is worthwhile for the technique to be promoted and used. ..
- Liu X, Tang Z. BCL-1 rearrangement in acute lymphocytic leukemia and its clinical significance. J Tongji Med Univ. 2001;21:283-5 pubmed..It was concluded that: 1) BCL-1/IgH gene rearrangement were detected in acute B lymphocytic leukemia; 2) B-ALL patients with BCL-1 rearrangement and (or) cyclin D1 protein expression had poor prognosis. ..
- Xu M, Deng C, Zhu Y, Lin J. Role of inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in aberrant crypt foci-adenoma-carcinoma sequence. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:1246-50 pubmed
- Zhang P, Li Y, Xu P, Wu J. Polymorphisms of interleukin-1B and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist genes in patients with chronic hepatitis B. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:1826-9 pubmed..Subjects with IL-1RN allele 2 may be resistant to HBV infection, and IL-1B(-511)genotype CC is closely related with HBV-DNA replication, which gives some new clues to the study of pathogenesis of chronic hepatitis B. ..
- Zhang X, Yang M, Xu J, Zhang M, Lang B, Wang W, et al. Clinical and serological study of myasthenia gravis in HuBei Province, China. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2007;78:386-90 pubmed..By contrast, patients presenting in later age seem to be very uncommon in comparison with recent studies in Caucasian populations. ..
- Wang J, Hou X, Ma R. [The clinical features and colonic epithelium AQP8 expression in diarrhea-irritable bowel syndrome]. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi. 2006;45:1000-3 pubmed..As a result, absorption of water is reduced, thus loose stool and diarrhoea occur. There may be some correlation between the variation in AQP8 and the incidence of D-IBS. ..
- Khalaf A, Liu X, Sheng W, Tan J, Abdalla A. Efficacy and safety of desloratadine combined with dipyridamole in the treatment of chronic urticaria. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008;22:487-92 pubmed..38 +/- 0.73, 0.58 +/- 0.89) and (0.67 +/- 0.96, 1.10 +/- 1.12). These findings provide new insights into the pathogenesis of CU and suggest new therapeutic opportunities for treating this disease. ..
- Li X, Yu C, Wu H, Daniel K, Hu D, Xia L, et al. Prospective comparison of 3D FIESTA versus fat-suppressed 3D SPGR MRI in evaluating knee cartilage lesions. Clin Radiol. 2009;64:1000-8 pubmed publisher..43-0.83). 3D FIESTA has good diagnostic performance, comparable with fat-suppressed 3D SPGR in evaluating knee cartilage lesions, and it can be incorporated into routine knee MRI protocols due to the short acquisition time. ..
- Chen Y, Gao W, Luo J, Tian R, Sun H, Zou S. Methyl-CpG binding protein MBD2 is implicated in methylation-mediated suppression of miR-373 in hilar cholangiocarcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2011;25:443-51 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-373 is a methylation-mediated gene and the implication of MBD2 in methylation-mediated suppression of miR-373 plays an important role in tumourigenesis and development in hilar cholangiocarcinoma. ..
- Xiao A, He J, Wang Q, Luo Y, Sun Y, Zhou Y, et al. The origin and development of plaques and phosphorylated tau are associated with axonopathy in Alzheimer's disease. Neurosci Bull. 2011;27:287-99 pubmed publisher..Axonopathy, particularly axonal leakage, might be a key event in the initiation of the neuropathological processes in AD. ..
- Song Q, Zhu B, Hu W, Cheng L, Gong H, Xu B, et al. A common SMAD7 variant is associated with risk of colorectal cancer: evidence from a case-control study and a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33318 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, fine-mapping of the susceptibility loci defined by rs4939287 should be imposed to reveal causal variant. ..
- Long G, Wang F, Duan Q, Chen F, Yang S, Gong W, et al. Human circulating microRNA-1 and microRNA-126 as potential novel indicators for acute myocardial infarction. Int J Biol Sci. 2012;8:811-8 pubmed publisher..A remarkable finding in this study is that miR-1, miR-126 and cTnI expression levels exhibited the same trend. Our results suggest that the plasma concentrations of miR-1 and miR-126 may be useful indicators for AMI. ..
- Yi F, Chen M, Huang M, Li J, Zhao J, Li L, et al. The trend in newly diagnosed Crohn's disease and extraintestinal manifestations of Crohn's disease in central China: a retrospective study of a single center. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012;24:1424-9 pubmed publisher..EIMs seemed to be rare in our Chinese patients with CD, and no risk factors correlated with EIMs, which was quite different from Western countries. ..
- Xi Y, Li J, Zan L, Wang J, Wang G, Ning Y. Micro-RNA-16 expression in paraffin-embedded specimen correlates with overall survival of T-lymphoblastic lymphoma/leukemia. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:1011-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-16 may be considered as a potential prognostic marker for T-lymphoblastic lymphoma/leukemia. ..
- Zhong R, Zou L, Sheng W, Zhu B, Xiang H, Chen W, et al. Genetic variations in the TGF? signaling pathway, smoking and risk of colorectal cancer in a Chinese population. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:936-42 pubmed publisher..162×10(-6), 8.574×10(-8) and 9.410×10(-8) in combined analyses, respectively. This study emphasized the substantial role of the TGF? signaling pathway in CRC, especially in interaction with smoking. ..
- Lu C, Xu R, Cao M, Wang G, Yan F, Shang S, et al. FOXP3 demethylation as a means of identifying quantitative defects in regulatory T cells in acute coronary syndrome. Atherosclerosis. 2013;229:263-70 pubmed publisher..A quantitative defect of Tregs, suggestive of decreased peripheral tolerance, could be a potential hallmark of ACS disease. Targeting FOXP3 i l demethylation might elevate the inhibitory activity of Tregs in ACS. ..
- Xiong W, Zhang L, Xiong Y, Liu H, Liu Y. Hypoxia Promotes Invasion of Endometrial Stromal Cells via Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1Î± Upregulation-Mediated Î²-Catenin Activation in Endometriosis. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:531-41 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HIF-1Î± interacting with Î²-catenin/TCF signaling pathway, which is activated by hypoxia, may provide new insights into the etiology of endometriosis. ..
- Wang J, Guo X, Xie C, Jiang J. KIF15 promotes pancreatic cancer proliferation via the MEK-ERK signalling pathway. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:245-255 pubmed publisher..This study identified KIF15 as a critical regulator that promotes pancreatic cancer proliferation, broadening our understanding of KIF15 function in tumorigenesis. ..
- Yang R, Wang Y, Zhu X, Gao X. [Study on genomic imprinting of IGF2 in breast cancer]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2009;38:423-5 pubmed..The loss of imprinting of IGF-2 could be involved in the development of breast cancer. ..
- Tong Y, Liu B, Zheng H, He Y, Gu J, Li F, et al. BMI-1 autoantibody as a new potential biomarker for cervical carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27804 pubmed publisher..78 and specificity 0.76; AUC?=?0.922). In conclusion, measuring BMI-1 autoantibody levels of patients with cervical cancer could have clinical prognostic value as well as a non-tissue specific biomarker for neoplasms expressing BMI-1. ..
- Hu T, Yan L, Yan P, Wang X, Yue G. Assessment of the ABC/2 Method of Epidural Hematoma Volume Measurement as Compared to Computer-Assisted Planimetric Analysis. Biol Res Nurs. 2016;18:5-11 pubmed publisher..However, clinicians should be aware that the ABC/2 method results in a general volume overestimation. Future studies focusing on justification of the technique to improve its accuracy would be of practical value. ..
- Cao Y, Li J, Shen L, Wang J, Xia Z, Tao K, et al. Gastric cancer in a situs inversus totalis patient with multiple intestinal and vessel variations related to gastrectomy surgery: A case report and literature review. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8209 pubmed publisher..As exemplified by our case, SIT might be accompanied by multiple anatomic variations. Detailed preoperative detailed imaging of the blood vessels and gastrointestinal tract is useful in these patients. ..
- Chen L, Huang G. [An autopsy analysis on 14 cases of poisoning death caused by illegal quackery]. Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi. 1997;13:215-7, 254 pubmed..The authors suggest that measures as above are of great importance for preventing similar poisoning and improving forensic identification. ..
- Du J, Huang Q, Li S, Xiong G. [Association of Hind RFLP in lipoprotein lipase gene with type 2 diabetes]. Yi Chuan. 2007;29:929-33 pubmed..0363.840, P < 0.05). These data suggest that the Hind RFLP in the LPL gene is associated with T2DM risk in Chinese Han population in Hubei Province, and the H+ allele may serve as a genetic risk factor of T2DM. ..
- Cai H, Zhou Y, Chen H, Hou H. The role of bowel surgery with cytoreduction for epithelial ovarian cancer. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2007;19:757-62 pubmed..To assess the efficiency and morbidity associated with bowel resection with the initial cytoreduction procedure for advanced ovarian cancer...
- Li M, Liu Y. [Treatment of complex calcaneal fractures with external fixator and limited internal fixation]. Zhongguo Gu Shang. 2010;23:217-9 pubmed..The combination of external fixator and limited internal fixation is an effective treatment for complex calcaneal fractures with few complications and good functional recovery. ..
- Wang C, Zhang X. [(99m)Tc-MDP wholebody bone imaging in evaluation of the characteristics of bone metastasis of primary lung cancer]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2010;32:382-6 pubmed..The distribution of earlier metastases has not obvious regularity, and advanced bone metastases are often concurrent, multiple and multiform, widely and randomly distributed in the body. ..
- Wang M, Li Y, Li W, Xia Z, Wu Q. The CD40 gene polymorphism rs1883832 is associated with risk of acute coronary syndrome in a Chinese case-control study. DNA Cell Biol. 2011;30:173-8 pubmed publisher..These expand the understanding of inflammatory mechanisms during atherogenesis. ..
- Zheng H, Li Y, Dai W, Wei C, Sun K, Tong Y. Imbalance of testosterone/estradiol promotes male CHD development. Biomed Mater Eng. 2012;22:179-85 pubmed publisher..000), and negative relationships between T/E2 and TC (P=0.000), TG (P=0.000) or HDL/LDL (P=0.000). The balance of T/E2 ratio, rather than the absolute levels of androgens, is crucial in modulating the effect of androgens on CHD in males. ..
- Zhao G, Zhang J, Liu Y, Qin Q, Wang B, Tian K, et al. miR-148b functions as a tumor suppressor in pancreatic cancer by targeting AMPK?1. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:83-93 pubmed publisher..Our present results implicate the potential effects of miR-148b on prognosis and treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Zhao G, Wang B, Liu Y, Zhang J, Deng S, Qin Q, et al. miRNA-141, downregulated in pancreatic cancer, inhibits cell proliferation and invasion by directly targeting MAP4K4. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:2569-80 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that miR-141 targets MAP4K4, acts as a tumor suppressor in pancreatic cancer cells, and may serve as a novel therapeutic agent for miRNA-based pancreatic cancer therapy. ..
- Luo M, Li Y, Yang K. Fibrosis of collagen I and remodeling of connexin 43 in atrial myocardium of patients with atrial fibrillation. Cardiology. 2007;107:248-53 pubmed..Fibrosis of atrial muscle may play an important role in the process of AF by means of interfering with remodeling of connexins. ..
- Huang X, Guo S, Wang W. Effects of minimally invasive puncture and drainage of intracranial hematoma on the blood-brain barrier in patients with cerebral hemorrhage. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2007;27:101-3 pubmed..Minimally invasive surgery can reduce the lesion of cytotoxicity to BBB and cerebral edema. ..
- Zhang X, Lang B, OuYang J, Fu B, Zhang J, Xu K, et al. Retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy without previous control of adrenal vein is feasible and safe for pheochromocytoma. Urology. 2007;69:849-53 pubmed..To evaluate the effectiveness and safety of retroperitoneal laparoscopic adrenalectomy for pheochromocytoma and report our experience in adrenalectomy without previous control of the adrenal vein...