Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
Publications912 found, 100 shown here
- Zhang H, Cui Z, Luo G, Zhang J, Ma T, Hu N, et al. Ghrelin attenuates intestinal ischemia/reperfusion injury in mice by activating the mTOR signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2013;32:851-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ghrelin attenuates organ injury following gut I/R by promoting the activation of the mTOR/p70S6K signaling pathway. ..
- Ma R, Zhang W, Tang K, Zhang H, Zhang Y, Li D, et al. Switch of glycolysis to gluconeogenesis by dexamethasone for treatment of hepatocarcinoma. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2508 pubmed publisher..These findings clarify the molecular basis of malignant hepatocyte loss of gluconeogenesis and suggest new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Zhang Y, Li C, Li H, Song Y, Zhao Y, Zhai L, et al. miR-378 Activates the Pyruvate-PEP Futile Cycle and Enhances Lipolysis to Ameliorate Obesity in Mice. EBioMedicine. 2016;5:93-104 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-378 may serve as a promising agent for preventing and treating obesity in humans. ..
- Peng D, Yang B, Pan Y, Wang Y, Chen D, Liu Z, et al. Development and validation of a sensitive monoclonal antibody-based indirect competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the determination of the aflatoxin M1 levels in milk. Toxicon. 2016;113:18-24 pubmed publisher..3% to 107.6%. The CVs were less than 13.8%. A positive correlation (r > 0.99) was observed between the ic-ELISA and HPLC-MS/MS results. This ic-ELISA would be a useful tool for screening the AFM1 residues in milk. ..
- Wu A, Li L, Liu Y. Deltamethrin induces apoptotic cell death in cultured cerebral cortical neurons. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2003;187:50-7 pubmed..These results suggest that nitric oxide synthase might mediate deltamethrin-elicited neuronal apoptosis through modulating the expression of apoptosis-related genes. ..
- Yuan H, You En S, Long Jiang Y, Xiao Hua Z, Liu Zhe L, Cash M, et al. Studies on the protective immunity of Schistosoma japonicum bivalent DNA vaccine encoding Sj23 and Sj14. Exp Parasitol. 2007;115:379-86 pubmed..There was no significant impact on immunity protection exerted by the four factors including dosage, inoculated times, inoculated routes and challenge time after the last immunization in three levels (p>0.05). ..
- Lv K, Huang H, Lu Y, Qin C, Li Z, Feng J. Circling behavior developed in Dmp1 null mice is due to bone defects in the vestibular apparatus. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:537-45 pubmed..Finally, discovery of DMP1 lacZ signal in pericyte-like cells may suggest a new function of DMP1 in angiogenesis. ..
- Li S, Guan Q, Chen Z, Gleave M, Nguan C, Du C. Reduction of cold ischemia-reperfusion injury by graft-expressing clusterin in heart transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2011;30:819-26 pubmed publisher..CLU expression renders donor hearts resistance to cold IRI in transplantation, suggesting that upregulation of CLU expression in donor hearts may have potential for protecting heart grafts from cold IRI. ..
- Gao J, Wang Y, Xing Q, Yan J, Senthil M, Akmal Y, et al. Identification of a natural compound by cell-based screening that enhances interferon regulatory factor-1 activity and causes tumor suppression. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:1774-83 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that identifying enhancers of IRF-1 activity may have utility in anticancer therapies and that cell-based screening for activation of transcription factors can be a useful approach for drug discovery. ..
- Gong K, Li W. Shikonin, a Chinese plant-derived naphthoquinone, induces apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cells through reactive oxygen species: A potential new treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:2259-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that shikonin, which may be a promising agent in the treatment of liver cancer, induced apoptosis in HCC cells through the ROS/Akt and RIP1/NF-?B pathways. ..
- Chen W, Yuan K, Tao Z, Xiao B. Deletion of Forkhead Box M1 transcription factor reduces malignancy in laryngeal squamous carcinoma cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:1785-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that deregulation of FoxM1 protein signaling is sufficient to affect tumorigenesis and cancer progression. These results also indicate that inhibition of FoxM1 represents an attractive target for cancer therapy. ..
- Mao F, Wang B, Xiao Q, Xi G, Sun W, Zhang H, et al. A role for LRIG1 in the regulation of malignant glioma aggressiveness. Int J Oncol. 2013;42:1081-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that LRIG1 restricted glioma aggressiveness by inhibiting cell proliferation, migration and invasion. Restoration of LRIG1 to glioma cells could offer a novel therapeutic strategy. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang J, Shen L, Xu X, Yu H. Overexpression of AKT decreases the chemosensitivity of gastric cancer cells to cisplatin in vitro and in vivo. Mol Med Rep. 2013;7:1387-90 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that AKT may represent a future pharmacological target for the inhibition of CDDP resistance in human cancer. ..
- Liu Q, Xiong H, Lu L, Liu Y, Luo F, Hou W, et al. Antiviral and anti-inflammatory activity of arbidol hydrochloride in influenza A (H1N1) virus infection. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:1075-83 pubmed publisher..ARB efficiently inhibits both H1N1 stains and diminishes both viral replication and acute inflammation through modulating the expression of inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Zhang W, Bai T, Zhang S, Xu S, Chen H, Li C. Isoforms of the nuclear envelope protein Nurim are differentially expressed during heart development in mice. Gene. 2017;627:123-128 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest a potential role for Nurim in early heart morphogenesis and should help further elucidate the function of Nurim. ..
- Zhang J, Wu H, Wang H, Zhang J, Wang Y, Zheng Q. Protection against hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury via downregulation of toll-like receptor 2 expression by inhibition of Kupffer cell function. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:4423-6 pubmed..56 ng/L, P<0.05), but was still higher than that in sham group (84.45+/-14.73 ng/L vs 6.07+/-5.33 ng/L, P<0.01). Inhibition of the function of KCs may protect liver against I/R injury via downregulation of the expression of TLR2. ..
- Zhang L, Hua F, Sun Z, Zhang Q, Fan M, Chen Z. [Gene expression of transcription regulator LMO 4 in tooth morphogenesis]. Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2005;40:398-401 pubmed..The expression patterns of LMO4 and Shh were similar. In early tooth development, LMO4 might regulate cell proliferation. In late tooth development, it might participate in the ameloblast differentiation. ..
- Yuan Z, Peng B, Jiang H, Bian Z, Yan P. Effect of bioaggregate on mineral-associated gene expression in osteoblast cells. J Endod. 2010;36:1145-8 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the cytotoxicity of bioaggregate (BA) and the effect of BA on mineral associated gene expression in osteoblast cells...
- Zhang Z, Gao P, Guo X, Wang H, Zhang H. 1,3,5,7-tetramethyl-8-(N-hydroxysuccinimidyl butyric ester)difluoroboradiaza-s-indacene as a new fluorescent labeling reagent for HPLC determination of amino acid neurotransmitters in the cerebral cortex of mice. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2011;401:1905-14 pubmed publisher..1 to 12.0 nmol L(-1). The proposed method has been used to determine amino acid neurotransmitters in the cerebral cortex of mice with cerebral ischemia at the convalescence stage with satisfactory recoveries varying from 94.9 to 105.2%. ..
- Yang K, Zhang Y, Xu C, Li X, Li D. mTORC1 signaling is crucial for regulatory T cells to suppress macrophage-mediated inflammatory response after acute myocardial infarction. Immunol Cell Biol. 2016;94:274-84 pubmed publisher..Our study identified a new mechanism by which infiltrating Tregs subdue post-infarction inflammation. Understanding and utilizing this information would be helpful for designing new therapeutic interventions for MI. ..
- Luo F, Feng Y, Liu M, Li P, Pan Q, Jeza V, et al. Type IVB pilus operon promoter controlling expression of the severe acute respiratory syndrome-associated coronavirus nucleocapsid gene in Salmonella enterica Serovar Typhi elicits full immune response by intranasal vaccination. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2007;14:990-7 pubmed..Our work also indicates that the type IVB pilus operon promoter controlling foreign gene expression in Salmonella can elicit full immune responses by intranasal vaccination. ..
- Liu G, Wu B, Lin Y, Jin M, Chen H. [Expression of GST-3B fusion protein of Escherichia coli of Ee strain producing SLT-IIe toxin and study on its biological activities and immunogenicity]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2007;47:686-91 pubmed
- Chen C, Li G, Liao W, Wu J, Liu L, Ma D, et al. Selective inhibitors of CYP2J2 related to terfenadine exhibit strong activity against human cancers in vitro and in vivo. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;329:908-18 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that CYP2J2 inhibitors hold significant promise for use in treatment of neoplastic diseases. ..
- Lei J, Liu W, Sun C, Tang C, Li M, Chen Y, et al. Detection of circulating antigen in serum of mice infected with Schistosoma japonicum by immunomagnetic bead ELISA based on IgY. Acta Trop. 2009;111:39-43 pubmed publisher..The novel assay appears to be sensitive for detection of schistosomal antigenemia and valuable to judge the efficacy of chemotherapy in murine schistosomiasis. ..
- Zhang S, Ye F, Xie R, Hu F, Wang B, Wan F, et al. Comparative study on the stem cell phenotypes of C6 cells under different culture conditions. Chin Med J (Engl). 2011;124:3118-26 pubmed..The resultant tumor-spheres may be not a prerequisite or sound source of GSCs and adherent culture in stem cell medium is not a growth condition in favor of GSCs expanding in vivo. ..
- Li Z, He T, Du K, Xing Y, Yan Y, Chen Z, et al. Overexpression of 15-lipoxygenase-1 in oxygen-induced ischemic retinopathy inhibits retinal neovascularization via downregulation of vascular endothelial growth factor-A expression. Mol Vis. 2012;18:2847-59 pubmed..The goal of our study was to investigate whether 15-LOX-1 plays a role in inhibiting retinal neovascularization (RNV) in a mouse model of oxygen-induced retinopathy (OIR) and the underlying mechanism...
- Ji X, Zhou Y, Pandit S, Huang J, Li H, Lin C, et al. SR proteins collaborate with 7SK and promoter-associated nascent RNA to release paused polymerase. Cell. 2013;153:855-68 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal an unanticipated SR protein function, a role for promoter-proximal nascent RNA in gene activation, and an analogous mechanism to HIV Tat/TAR for activating cellular genes. ..
- Yu K, Zhu P, Dong Q, Zhong Y, Zhu Z, Lin Y, et al. Thymic stromal lymphopoietin attenuates the development of atherosclerosis in ApoE-/- mice. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000391 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed a protective role for TSLP in atherosclerosis that is possibly mediated by reestablishing a tolerogenic immune response, which may represent a novel possibility for treatment or prevention of atherosclerosis. ..
- Wang R, Sun Q, Wang P, Liu M, Xiong S, Luo J, et al. Notch and Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling pathway play important roles in activating liver cancer stem cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:5754-68 pubmed publisher..The central role of Notch and the Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling pathway in LCSCs may provide an attractive therapeutic strategy against HCC. ..
- Wang C, Zhang N, Qi L, Yuan J, Wang K, Wang K, et al. Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells Inhibit T Follicular Helper Cell Immune Response in Japanese Encephalitis Virus Infection. J Immunol. 2017;199:3094-3105 pubmed publisher..These findings provide unique insights regarding MDSC functions in mediating immune suppression via inhibiting Tfh cell responses and further impairing humoral immunity, which facilitate the progression of infection. ..
- Gao Q, Ma D, Meng L, Wang S, Wang C, Lu Y, et al. Association between Nm23-H1 gene expression and metastasis of ovarian carcinoma. Ai Zheng. 2004;23:650-4 pubmed..The expression of nm23 mRNA and protein in human ovarian carcinomas were correlated closely with the reduced metastatic behavior in experimental animals and may serve as a sensitive prognostic indicator of ovarian cancer. ..
- Kumar M, Liu Z, Thapa L, Wang D, Tian R, Qin R. Mechanisms of inhibition of growth of human pancreatic carcinoma implanted in nude mice by somatostatin receptor subtype 2. Pancreas. 2004;29:141-51 pubmed
- Sun J, Liu C, Zhang Y, Ang H. Effect of cyclosporin A eye drop on keratoconjunctivitis sicca and its mechanism. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2005;25:738-40 pubmed..It was concluded that CsA eye drop exerts marked therapeutic effect on KCS by inhibiting T lymph cells, increasing the goblet cells and AQP3 expression in conjunctiva. ..
- Zhan Y, Wang F, Li F, Xing B, Fang X, Zhang S. [Study on distribution of neural stem cells in the brain of Alzheimer disease transgenic mice through caudal vein transplantation]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2007;87:1786-8 pubmed..There were no obvious abnormal complications occurring after transplantation. NSCs can successfully permeate into the brain through the BBB of AD transgenic mice, and migrate into the brain parenchyma gradually. ..
- Zheng L, Wang F, Yang Z, Chen J, Chang H, Chen Z. A single immunization with HA DNA vaccine by electroporation induces early protection against H5N1 avian influenza virus challenge in mice. BMC Infect Dis. 2009;9:17 pubmed publisher..A single immunization of 100 mug H5 HA DNA vaccine combined with electroporation was able to provide early protection in mice against homologous virus infection. ..
- Bian Z, Cai J, Shen D, Chen L, Yan L, Tang Q, et al. Cellular repressor of E1A-stimulated genes attenuates cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:1302-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the expression of CREG improves cardiac functions and inhibits cardiac hypertrophy, inflammation and fibrosis through blocking MEK-ERK1/2-dependent signalling. ..
- Zeng C, Xiao J, Chang M, Wang J. Beneficial effects of THSG on acetic acid-induced experimental colitis: involvement of upregulation of PPAR-? and inhibition of the Nf-?b inflammatory pathway. Molecules. 2011;16:8552-68 pubmed publisher..The effect of THSG 60 mg·kg(-1) on PPAR-? mRNA expression was higher than that of mesalazine. THSG may thus be a promising new candidate or lead compound for the treatment of IBD...
- Qiu X, Chen G, Wang T. [Effects of huanglian jiedu decoction on free radicals metabolism and pathomorphism of the hippocampus in App/PS1 double transgenic mice]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2011;31:1379-82 pubmed
- Zhang H, Han G, Liu H, Chen J, Ji X, Zhou F, et al. The development of classically and alternatively activated macrophages has different effects on the varied stages of radiation-induced pulmonary injury in mice. J Radiat Res. 2011;52:717-26 pubmed..Although the function of macrophages cannot explain the whole process of radiation-induced pulmonary injury development, it may play an important regulatory role during this process. ..
- Deng B, Wen J, Ding Y, Gao Q, Huang H, Ran Z, et al. Functional analysis of pig myostatin gene promoter with some adipogenesis- and myogenesis-related factors. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;363:291-9 pubmed publisher..Cotransfection experiments confirmed this result. Taken together, we showed that porcine MSTN could be upregulated by IBMX, MyoD, and PPAR? but downregulated by C/EBP? and C/EBP?. ..
- Yu W, Chai H, Li Y, Zhao H, Xie X, Zheng H, et al. Increased expression of CYP4Z1 promotes tumor angiogenesis and growth in human breast cancer. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;264:73-83 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that increased CYP4Z1 expression promotes tumor angiogenesis and growth in breast cancer partly via PI3K/Akt and ERK1/2 activation. ..
- Zhou X, Chen S, Xie L, Ji Y, Wu X, Wang W, et al. Reduced Connexin26 in the Mature Cochlea Increases Susceptibility to Noise-Induced Hearing Lossin Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:301 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that reduced Cx26 expression in the mature mouse cochlea may increase susceptibility to noise-induced hearing loss and facilitate the cell degeneration in the organ of Corti. ..
- Yu H, Liu Y, Huang J, Wang H, Yan W, Xi D, et al. IL-33 protects murine viral fulminant hepatitis by targeting coagulation hallmark protein FGL2/fibroleukin expression. Mol Immunol. 2017;87:171-179 pubmed publisher..7 and THP-1 cells, respectively. In conclusion, our research suggests that IL-33 protects against viral fulminant hepatitis in mice by antagonizing expression of the pro-coagulant protein FGL2. ..
- Jiankuo M, Xingbing W, Baojun H, Xiongwin W, Zhuoya L, Ping X, et al. Peptide nucleic acid antisense prolongs skin allograft survival by means of blockade of CXCR3 expression directing T cells into graft. J Immunol. 2003;170:1556-65 pubmed..The present study indicates the therapeutic potential of PNA CXCR3 to prevent acute transplantation rejection. ..
- Zhao L, Tao J, Zhang S, Jin F, Pang R, Dong J, et al. Anti-inflammatory mechanism of Rungia pectinata (Linn.) Nees. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2008;30:135-51 pubmed..In conclusion, compared to Dexamethasone, Rungia pectinata (Linn.) Nees has not only similar effects on antagonizing pro-inflammatory mediators and cytokines but also mild effects on promoting production of anti-inflammatory mediators. ..
- Wu Q, Fang L, Wu X, Li B, Luo R, Yu Z, et al. A pseudotype baculovirus-mediated vaccine confers protective immunity against lethal challenge with H5N1 avian influenza virus in mice and chickens. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:2210-7 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the pseudotype baculovirus-mediated vaccine could be utilized as an alternative strategy against the pandemic spread of H5N1 influenza virus. ..
- Wan J, Liu X, Lei T, Xu S. [Effects of mutation in dopachrome tautomerase on melanosome maturation and anti-oxidative potential in cultured melanocytes]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;89:1707-10 pubmed..024). The mutation in Dct causes hypo-pigmented phenotype in cultured slaty MCs, inhibits melanosome maturation and decreases anti-oxidative capacity especially in the presence of UVA-induced oxidative stress. ..
- Lin J, Li M, Wang Z, He S, Ma X, Li D. The role of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in macrophage-derived foam-cell formation. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:1208-17 pubmed publisher..Cytokines, interleukin-10 (IL-10), and transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) are the key factors for these suppressive functions. ..
- Hou Y, Zhou X, Liu J, Yuan J, Cheng H, Zhou R. Nuclear factor-Y (NF-Y) regulates transcription of mouse Dmrt7 gene by binding to tandem CCAAT boxes in its proximal promoter. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:655-64 pubmed..This suggests that NF-Y can activate the Dmrt7 promoter. These results provide evidence of a transcription regulatory mechanism that controls Dmrt7 gene expression in mouse testis. ..
- Zhang B, Jia H, Liu J, Yang Z, Jiang T, Tang K, et al. Depletion of regulatory T cells facilitates growth of established tumors: a mechanism involving the regulation of myeloid-derived suppressor cells by lipoxin A4. J Immunol. 2010;185:7199-206 pubmed publisher..Our study also suggests that the interplay among Tregs, MDSCs, and lipoxin A(4) tunes the regulation of tumor-associated inflammation. ..
- Yu N, Yang J, Yin T. Extracts from a traditional Chinese herbal remedy (Zhuyun recipe) improve endometrial receptivity in mice with embryonic implantation dysfunction and ovulation stimulation. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;137:389-95 pubmed publisher..It provides a new insight into the clinic infertility's treatment. ..
- Zou J, Zou P, Wang J, Li L, Wang Y, Zhou D, et al. Inhibition of p38 MAPK activity promotes ex vivo expansion of human cord blood hematopoietic stem cells. Ann Hematol. 2012;91:813-23 pubmed publisher..However, p38 inhibition had no significant effect on HSC differentiation and proliferation. These findings suggest that inhibition of p38 activation may represent a novel strategy to promote ex vivo expansion of hUCB HSCs...
- Chen G, Xu R, Wang Y, Wang P, Zhao G, Xu X, et al. Genetic disruption of soluble epoxide hydrolase is protective against streptozotocin-induced diabetic nephropathy. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012;303:E563-75 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the beneficial role of the CYP epoxygenase-EETs-sEH system in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy and suggest that the sEH inhibitors available may be potential therapeutic agents for this condition...
- Han L, Wu C, Riaz H, Bai L, Chen J, Zhen Y, et al. Characterization of the mechanism of inhibin ?-subunit gene in mouse anterior pituitary cells by RNA interference. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74596 pubmed publisher..This study concludes that inhibin is a broad regulatory marker in anterior pituitary cells by regulating apoptosis, cellular progression and simultaneously by vital fluctuations in the hormonal signaling. ..
- Sun C, Huang C, Li S, Yang C, Xi Y, Wang L, et al. Hsa-miR-326 targets CCND1 and inhibits non-small cell lung cancer development. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8341-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated that miR-326 played a pivotal role on NSCLC through inhibiting cell proliferation, migration, invasion, and promoting apoptosis by targeting oncogenic CCND1. ..
- Li L, Chen M, Jiang F. Design, synthesis, and evaluation of 2-piperidone derivatives for the inhibition of Î²-amyloid aggregation and inflammation mediated neurotoxicity. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:1853-65 pubmed publisher..Consequently, these compounds emerged as promising candidates for further development of novel multifunctional agents for AD treatment. ..
- Li H, Li Y, Xiang L, Zhang J, ZHu B, Xiang L, et al. GDF11 Attenuates Development of Type 2 Diabetes via Improvement of Islet β-Cell Function and Survival. Diabetes. 2017;66:1914-1927 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that GDF11 repletion may improve β-cell function and mass and thus may lead to a new therapeutic approach for T2D. ..
- Che J, Shen W, Deng Y, Dai Y, Liao Y, Yuan X, et al. Effects of lentivirus-mediated silencing of Periostin on tumor microenvironment and bone metastasis via the integrin-signaling pathway in lung cancer. Life Sci. 2017;182:10-21 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrated that down-regulation of Periostin expression modulated tumor microenvironment and inhibited bone metastasis by blocking integrin-signaling pathway in LC. ..
- Zhang D, Zhao L, Shen Q, Lv Q, Jin M, Ma H, et al. Down-regulation of KIAA1199/CEMIP by miR-216a suppresses tumor invasion and metastasis in colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer. 2017;140:2298-2309 pubmed publisher..Collectively, KIAA1199 plays a critical role in maintaining an aggressive phenotype of tumor cells, and suppression of KIAA1199-related motilities of tumor cells contributes to reduced tumor metastasis in colorectal cancer. ..
- Yao J, Chen X, Li H, Zhou Y, Yao L, Wu G, et al. BmP09, a "long chain" scorpion peptide blocker of BK channels. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14819-28 pubmed..The stable binding between the toxin BmP09 and the BK channel is favored by aromatic pi -pi interactions around the center. ..
- Han G, Zhou Y, Zhang M, Cao Z, Xie C, Zhou F, et al. Angelica sinensis down-regulates hydroxyproline and Tgfb1 and provides protection in mice with radiation-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Radiat Res. 2006;165:546-52 pubmed..These data suggest that Angelica sinensis may be useful in preventing and/or treating radiation-induced pulmonary fibrosis in the clinic. ..
- Yao K, Lu H, Cheng H, Zhou R. Mutation of siRNA results in thermodynamically unstable duplex which influences knockdown of dmrt1 by RNA interference. Front Biosci. 2006;11:2623-30 pubmed..These findings help in further understanding RNA silence in vertebrate development and drug design for target gene. ..
- Xu X, Zhao C, Wang L, Tu L, Fang X, Zheng C, et al. Increased CYP2J3 expression reduces insulin resistance in fructose-treated rats and db/db mice. Diabetes. 2010;59:997-1005 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the beneficial roles of the CYP epoxygenase-EET system in diabetes and insulin resistance. ..
- Wang C, Huang J, Gao X, Li Y, Zhou S, Yan X, et al. Fangchinoline induced G1/S arrest by modulating expression of p27, PCNA, and cyclin D in human prostate carcinoma cancer PC3 cells and tumor xenograft. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:488-93 pubmed..Taking all this together, it can be concluded that Fan is an effective anti-proliferative agent that modulates cell growth regulators in prostate cancer cells. ..
- Zhan J, Liu Y, Zhang Z, Chen C, Chen K, Wang Y. Effect of penehyclidine hydrochloride on expressions of MAPK in mice with CLP-induced acute lung injury. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1909-14 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PHC ameliorated acute lung injury through the inhibition of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK1/2) and p38 MAPK activation in septic mice. ..
- Ye L, Zhang B, Seviour E, Tao K, Liu X, Ling Y, et al. Monoacylglycerol lipase (MAGL) knockdown inhibits tumor cells growth in colorectal cancer. Cancer Lett. 2011;307:6-17 pubmed publisher..It provides a novel therapeutic target in treatment of colorectal cancer and a further support for the correlation of obesity and colorectal cancer. ..
- Gou S, Liu T, Li X, Cui J, Wan C, Wang C. Pancreatic ductal cells acquire mesenchymal characteristics through cell fusion with bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells and SIRT1 attenuates the apoptosis of hybrid cells. Cells Tissues Organs. 2012;196:129-36 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that PDCs could obtain high proliferation rates, self-renewal capabilities, and mesenchymal characteristics by fusion with bMSCs. SIRT1 expression in the hybrid cells attenuated their apoptosis...
- Dai J, Shen D, Bian Z, Zhou H, Gan H, Zong J, et al. IKKi deficiency promotes pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53412 pubmed publisher..In cultured cells, IKKi overexpression suppressed the activation of this pathway. In conclusion, we demonstrate that IKKi deficiency exacerbates cardiac hypertrophy by regulating the AKT and NF-?B signaling pathway...
- Yuan Q, Zhang X, Liu Z, Song S, Xue P, Wang J, et al. Ethanol extract of Adiantum capillus-veneris L. suppresses the production of inflammatory mediators by inhibiting NF-?B activation. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;147:603-11 pubmed publisher..Adiantum capillus-veneris L. is a wildly distributed plant species and has been extensively used in south of China as traditional folk medicine for the treatment of inflammatory diseases...
- Chen Y, Liu S, Hu D, Xing Y, Shen Y. N -methyl- N -nitrosourea-induced retinal degeneration in mice. Exp Eye Res. 2014;121:102-13 pubmed publisher..MNU-induced mouse retinal degeneration in the outer retina is a useful animal model for photoreceptor degeneration diseases, such as age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and retinitis pigmentosa (RP). ..
- Li R, Yan Z, Ye J, Huang H, Wang Z, Wei Q, et al. The Prodomain-Containing BMP9 Produced from a Stable Line Effectively Regulates the Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Int J Med Sci. 2016;13:8-18 pubmed publisher..Such producer line should be a valuable resource for generating biologically active BMP9 protein for studying BMP9 signaling mechanism and functions. ..
- Shi H, Mao X, Zhong Y, Liu Y, Zhao X, Yu K, et al. Lanatoside C Promotes Foam Cell Formation and Atherosclerosis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20154 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data demonstrate that lanatoside C aggravates the development of atherosclerosis by inducing PPARÎ²/Î´ expression, which mediates upregulation of SR-A and CD36, and promotes oxLDL uptake and foam-cell formation. ..
- Chen S, Du X, Jia L, Chang H, Ikoma T, Hanagata N. Synthesis and osteo-compatibility of novel reduced graphene oxide-aminosilica hybrid nanosheets. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;61:251-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the resultant hybrids nanosheets had a potential application in the bone regeneration. ..
- Huang T, Huang K. A novel insulin derivative chemically modified with dehydrocholic acid: synthesis, characterization and biological activity. Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 2005;42:47-56 pubmed..These results suggested that -NB29-DHC-insulin showed a longer duration of action compared with native insulin and also a protective effect from tryptic degradation. ..
- Chen L, Lan Z, Ma S, Zhao L, Yang X. Attenuation of gouty arthritis by emodinol in monosodium urate crystal-treated mice. Planta Med. 2013;79:634-8 pubmed publisher..These findings elucidate that emodinol exhibits a prominent effect on improving symptoms of acute gouty arthritis induced by monosodium urate crystals through inhibiting the generation of proinflammatory cytokines...
- Wang J, Zhao Y, Wang W, Du Z, Yan D, Li C, et al. Daintain/AIF-1 plays roles in coronary heart disease via affecting the blood composition and promoting macrophage uptake and foam cell formation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;32:121-6 pubmed publisher..These findings implicate that the inflammatory factor daintain/AIF-1 is closely associated with atherogenesis, and could be further characterized as a novel risk factor for atherosclerosis. ..
- Zhou W, Song P. Molecular cloning of a novel gene ZAhi-1 and its expression analysis during zebrafish gametogenesis. Mol Biol Rep. 2006;33:111-6 pubmed..It can then be safely concluded that Ahi-1 might take place in the spermatocyte from the early pachytene stage to the late pachytene stage. ..
- Tang X, Zhu Y, Tao W, Wei B, Lin X. Synergistic effect of triptolide combined with 5-fluorouracil on colon carcinoma. Postgrad Med J. 2007;83:338-43 pubmed..TPL combined with 5-FU had synergistic effects at lower concentrations and promoted apoptosis, but did not increase the side effects of chemotherapy. ..
- Zhu H, Su Y, Zhou S, Xiao W, Ling W, Hu B, et al. Immune analysis on mtHSV mediated tumor therapy in HSV-1 seropositive mice. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:724-31 pubmed
- Zhang D, Li P, Zhang Q, Zhang W, Huang Y, Ding X, et al. Production of ultrasensitive generic monoclonal antibodies against major aflatoxins using a modified two-step screening procedure. Anal Chim Acta. 2009;636:63-9 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the modified two-step screening procedure had superiority and these antibodies could be used for simultaneous analysis of total aflatoxins. ..
- Yang H, Xu Z, Ma Z, Xiong Y, Deng C, Zuo B. Molecular cloning and comparative characterization of the porcine troponin I family. Anim Biotechnol. 2010;21:64-76 pubmed publisher..Expression profiling showed that TnI genes were widely expressed in the tissues studied, with the highest expression level of TNNI1 and TNNI2 in skeletal muscle, and TNNI3 in cardiac muscle. ..
- Han H, Xin P, Zhao L, Xu J, Xia Y, Yang X, et al. Excess iodine and high-fat diet combination modulates lipid profile, thyroid hormone, and hepatic LDLr expression values in mice. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012;147:233-9 pubmed publisher..Those in turn caused the upregulation of hepatic LDLr gene, which resulted in the disorder in serum lipids. ..
- Hu B, Zhou H, Gao H, Liu Y, Yan T, Zou L, et al. IFN-? inhibits osteopontin expression in human decidual stromal cells and can be attenuated by 1?,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2012;68:353-61 pubmed publisher..OPN expression in DSC was significantly decreased with the treatment of IFN-?. 1,25(OH)(2) D(3) played an opposite role in IFN-?-mediated inhibition of OPN expression in human DSC. ..
- Zhang Q, Luan H, Wang L, He F, Zhou H, Xu X, et al. Galectin-9 ameliorates anti-GBM glomerulonephritis by inhibiting Th1 and Th17 immune responses in mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014;306:F822-32 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the protective role of Gal-9 in anti-GBM GN is associated with the inhibition of Th1 and Th17 cell-mediated immune responses and enhanced Th2 immunity in the kidney. ..
- Li W, Tu J, Liu X, Yang W. Farnesyltransferase inhibitor FTI-277 inhibits PD-L1 expression on septic spleen lymphocytes and promotes spleen lymphocyte activation. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;190:8-18 pubmed publisher..Farnesyltransferase represents a valuable therapeutic target for the treatment of sepsis. ..