Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane proteins in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
Topic: membrane proteins
Publications159 found, 100 shown here
- Gan M, Qi Y, Wan Q, Kuang E, Liu Q, Liu X. Mammalian apoptosis-inducing protein, HAP, induces bacterial cell death. Mol Biol Rep. 2004;31:159-64 pubmed..These results suggest that a trace amount of HAP induces bacterial cell death and the death is related with reactive oxygen species (ROS). ..
- Chou M, Wei X, Chen D, Zhou J. A novel nodule-enhanced gene encoding a putative universal stress protein from Astragalus sinicus. J Plant Physiol. 2007;164:764-72 pubmed..sinicus nodules. AsD243 was expressed more strongly in mature roots than in young roots regardless of inoculation status. We suggest that the AsD243 may have other functions in plant processes besides nodulation. ..
- Wang K, Zhang Y, Li X, Chen L, Wang H, Wu J, et al. Characterization of the Kremen-binding site on Dkk1 and elucidation of the role of Kremen in Dkk-mediated Wnt antagonism. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23371-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Kremen may not be essential for Dkk1-mediated Wnt antagonism and that Kremen may only play a role when cells express a high level of LRP5/6. ..
- Zhong B, Yang Y, Li S, Wang Y, Li Y, Diao F, et al. The adaptor protein MITA links virus-sensing receptors to IRF3 transcription factor activation. Immunity. 2008;29:538-50 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MITA is a critical mediator of virus-triggered IRF3 activation and IFN expression and further demonstrate the importance of certain mitochondrial proteins in innate antiviral immunity. ..
- Dun X, Zhou Z, Xia S, Wen J, Yi B, Shen J, et al. BnaC.Tic40, a plastid inner membrane translocon originating from Brassica oleracea, is essential for tapetal function and microspore development in Brassica napus. Plant J. 2011;68:532-45 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that BnaC.Tic40 participates in specific protein translocation across the inner envelope membrane in the tapetal plastid, which is required for tapetal development and function. ..
- Geng S, Gao Y, Yang J, Zou J, Guo W. Potential role of store-operated Ca2+ entry in Th2 response induced by histamine in human monocyte-derived dendritic cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2012;12:358-67 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that SOCE was involved in histamine-induced maturation and Th(2) response of DCs which was through histamine 1 and 4 receptor. ..
- Chen H, Chen K, Chen J, Cheng H, Zhou R. The integral nuclear membrane protein nurim plays a role in the suppression of apoptosis. Curr Mol Med. 2012;12:1372-82 pubmed..Notably, Nurim knockdown obviously increased apoptosis induced by ultraviolet in HeLa cells. Together, these findings implicate that the INM protein Nurim plays an important role in the suppression of apoptosis. ..
- Ke J, Zhong R, Zhang T, Liu L, Rui R, Shen N, et al. Replication study in Chinese population and meta-analysis supports association of the 5p15.33 locus with lung cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62485 pubmed publisher..The results from our case-control study and meta-analysis provide convincing evidence that rs401681 is significantly associated with lung cancer risk. ..
- He C, Bian Y, Xue Y, Liu Z, Zhou K, Yao C, et al. Pyruvate Kinase M2 Activates mTORC1 by Phosphorylating AKT1S1. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21524 pubmed publisher..Our results provided the first phosphorylome of PKM2 and revealed a constitutive mTORC1 activating mechanism in cancer cells. ..
- Shi T, Xu H, Wei J, Ai X, Ma X, Wang B, et al. Association of low expression of notch-1 and jagged-1 in human papillary bladder cancer and shorter survival. J Urol. 2008;180:361-6 pubmed publisher..Low expression of Notch-1 as well as Jagged-1 is potentially a useful marker for survival in patients with papillary bladder transitional cell carcinoma. ..
- Guo M, Huang T, Cui Y, Pan B, Shen A, Sun Y, et al. PrPC interacts with tetraspanin-7 through bovine PrP154-182 containing alpha-helix 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:154-7 pubmed..Our mutational studies further demonstrated that PrP(C) specifically binds tetraspanin-7 through the region corresponding to bovine PrP(154-182) containing alpha-helix 1. ..
- Zhou J, Zhu T, Hu C, Li H, Chen G, Xu G, et al. Comparative genomics and function analysis on BI1 family. Comput Biol Chem. 2008;32:159-62 pubmed publisher..They share multiple motifs and transcriptional factors within the promoter and the coding regions. They may represent regulators of cell death pathways, which are concluded from structure conservation of BI1 family. ..
- Li J, Wang S, Huang S, Cheng D, Shen S, Xiong C. Attractin gene deficiency contributes to testis vacuolization and sperm dysfunction in male mice. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2009;29:750-4 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the age-related Atrn gene progressively loses its function and can cause testis vacuolation and impaired sperm function, which may be responsible for the impairment of male reproductive ability. ..
- Zeng R, Chen Y, Zhao S, Cui G. Autophagy counteracts apoptosis in human multiple myeloma cells exposed to oridonin in vitro via regulating intracellular ROS and SIRT1. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012;33:91-100 pubmed publisher..The cytotoxicity of oridonin is mainly mediated through the apoptotic pathway, whereas the autophagy protects the cells from apoptosis. ..
- Li H, Wu K, Tao K, Chen L, Zheng Q, Lu X, et al. Tim-3/galectin-9 signaling pathway mediates T-cell dysfunction and predicts poor prognosis in patients with hepatitis B virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2012;56:1342-51 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that the Tim-3/galectin-9 signaling pathway mediates T-cell senescence in HBV-associated HCC. The data suggest that this pathway could be an immunotherapeutic target in patients with HBV-associated HCC. ..
- Li W, Gao H, Yin C, Xu X. Identification of a novel thylakoid protein gene involved in cold acclimation in cyanobacteria. Microbiology. 2012;158:2440-9 pubmed publisher..Homologues to Ccr2 can be found in most cyanobacteria, algae and higher plants with sequenced genomes. Ccr2 is probably representative of a group of novel thylakoid proteins involved in acclimation to cold or other stresses. ..
- Cao Y, Zhou X, Huang X, Li Q, Gao L, Jiang L, et al. Tim-3 expression in cervical cancer promotes tumor metastasis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53834 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the expression of Tim-3 in tumor cells may be an independent prognostic factor for patients with cervical cancer. Moreover, Tim-3 expression may promote metastatic potential in cervical cancers. ..
- Zhang R, Li Y, Wang Z, Chen L, Dong X, Nie X. Interference with HMGB1 increases the sensitivity to chemotherapy drugs by inhibiting HMGB1-mediated cell autophagy and inducing cell apoptosis. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8585-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, the study on the resistance of chemotherapy drugs would provide a theoretical reference for clinical treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Ding C, Wu Z, Huang L, Wang Y, Xue J, Chen S, et al. Mitofilin and CHCHD6 physically interact with Sam50 to sustain cristae structure. Sci Rep. 2015;5:16064 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that the integrity of MICOS and its efficient interaction with Sam50 are indispensable for cristae organization, which is relevant to mitochondrial function. ..
- Zhang G, Liu D, Long G, Shi L, Qiu H, Hu G, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-181d had suppressive effect on pancreatic cancer development through inverse regulation of KNAIN2. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698364 pubmed publisher..MiR-181d is aberrantly overexpressed in pancreatic cancer. Inhibiting miR-181d may suppress pancreatic cancer development, possibly through the inverse regulation on NKAIN2. ..
- Kong W, Wang D. [Chronic hypoxia altered the mRNA expression of cyclooxygenase in intrapulmonary artery smooth muscle cell]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2001;24:531-3 pubmed..Chronic hypoxia could enhance the mRNA expression of cyclooxygenase-2 caused by acute hypoxia in PASMC of rats. It might be responsible for the lower HPV under chronic hypoxia. ..
- Gao J, Liu J, Fan D, Xu H, Xiong Y, Xu W, et al. Up-regulated expression of Notch1 and Jagged1 in human colon adenocarcinoma. Pathol Biol (Paris). 2011;59:298-302 pubmed publisher..This investigation demonstrates that Notch1 and Jagged1 are up-regulated in human colon adenocarcinoma and suggests that Notch1/Jagged1 signaling might play a role in the development of colon adenocarcinoma. ..
- Chen J, Li Q, Zhang Y, Yang P, Zong Y, Qu S, et al. Oleic acid decreases the expression of a cholesterol transport-related protein (NPC1L1) by the induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress in CaCo-2 cells. J Physiol Biochem. 2011;67:153-63 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that OA down-regulates NPC1L1 mRNA and protein expression via the induction of the UPR, which may play an important role in reducing intestinal cholesterol absorption...
- Feng X, Liu X, Zhang W, Xiao W. p53 directly suppresses BNIP3 expression to protect against hypoxia-induced cell death. EMBO J. 2011;30:3397-415 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a novel function of p53 in hypoxia-induced cell death, leading to the development of new treatments for ischaemic heart disease and cerebral stroke. ..
- Qiu T, Zhu H, Liu X, Dong W, Weng X, Hu C, et al. Lentiviral-mediated shRNA against RelB induces the generation of tolerogenic dendritic cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2012;12:501-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate RelB shRNA transfection of DCs can induce the immature status, and produce tolerogenic DCs. ..
- Sun H, Wu C, Tan H, Wang Q. A new development of FG-CC' siRNA blocking interaction of Tim-1 and Tim-4 can enhance DC vaccine against gastric cancer . Hepatogastroenterology. 2012;59:2677-82 pubmed..We have shown that FG-CC-siRNA blocks FG-CC'loop and significantly enhances the anti-tumor immunity in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Guo J, He L, Yuan P, Wang P, Lu Y, Tong F, et al. ADAM10 overexpression in human non-small cell lung cancer correlates with cell migration and invasion through the activation of the Notch1 signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1709-18 pubmed publisher..The data provided in this study may aid in the further understanding of the function of ADAM10 in the progression of NSCLC and open new perspectives for the diagnosis and treatment of NSCLC. ..
- Zhang P, Wang C, Cheng L, Zhang P, Guo L, Liu W, et al. Development of a multi-marker model combining HE4, CA125, progesterone, and estradiol for distinguishing benign from malignant pelvic masses in postmenopausal women. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:2183-91 pubmed publisher..77, 100.00, and 87.50 %, specificities were 84.21, 100.00, and 84.21 %. The multi-marker model showed significant improvement when compared to CA125 or HE4, and it might be an effective pelvic mass differentiation method. ..
- Chen S, Luo Y, Ding G, Xu F. Comparative analysis of Brassica napus plasma membrane proteins under phosphorus deficiency using label-free and MaxQuant-based proteomics approaches. J Proteomics. 2016;133:144-152 pubmed publisher..napus genotypes, with different P deficient tolerances, in response to P-free starvation. The present study offers new insights and novel information for better understanding the adaptative response to P deficiency in B. napus. ..
- Lu C, Meng S, Jin Y, Zhang W, Li Z, Wang F, et al. A novel multi-epitope vaccine from MMSA-1 and DKK1 for multiple myeloma immunotherapy. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:413-426 pubmed publisher..This study identified a novel peptide from MMSA-1 and the multi-epitope vaccine will be used to establish appropriate individualized therapy for MM. ..
- Yan B, Zhou L, Hu M, Li M, Lin H, Yang Y, et al. PKACs attenuate innate antiviral response by phosphorylating VISA and priming it for MARCH5-mediated degradation. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006648 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a critical mechanism of attenuating innate immune response to avoid host damage at the late phase of viral infection by the house-keeping PKA kinase...
- Zhu H, Feng Z, Geng H, Zhang G. [Expression of Tim-3 in tumor tissue and its role in the induction of tumor immune tolerance]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2005;21:403-7 pubmed..Along with the growth of tumor, immune tolerance was gradually established in tumor. flTim-3 but not sTim-3 may induce tumor immunological tolerance. ..
- Feng Q, Hu J, Chen H, Lou J, Gan Y, Hu Y, et al. [Studies on effect enhancement of the Schistosoma japonicum DNA vaccine pVIV02-IL12-Sj23 by vegetal polysaccharides]. Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi. 2005;23:401-3 pubmed..To enhance the immunogenicity of the recombinant pVIVO2-IL12-Sj23 vaccine of Schistosoma japonicum by using mixed vegetal polysaccharides as adjuvant...
- Zhang H, Qin G, Liang G, Li J, Barrington R, Liu D. C5aR-mediated myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:446-52 pubmed..These data provide evidence that C5aR-mediated myocardial cell injury is an important pathogenic factor, and that C5aR blockade may be useful therapeutic targets for the prevention of myocardial I/R injury. ..
- Fang W, Friis T, Long X, Xiao Y. Expression of chondromodulin-1 in the temporomandibular joint condylar cartilage and disc. J Oral Pathol Med. 2010;39:356-60 pubmed publisher..ChM-1 may play a role in the regulation of TMJ remodeling by preventing blood vessel invasion of the cartilage, thereby maintaining condylar cartilage and disc integrity. ..
- Ren Z, Liang W, Chen C, Yang H, Singhal P, Ding G. Angiotensin II induces nephrin dephosphorylation and podocyte injury: role of caveolin-1. Cell Signal. 2012;24:443-50 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Ang II induces nephrin dephosphorylation and podocyte injury through a caveolin-1-dependent mechanism. ..
- He J, Yu T, Pan J, Li H. Visualisation and identification of the interaction between STIM1s in resting cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33377 pubmed publisher..Our data also indicate that the function of BiFC-STIM1 was not altered compared with that of wild-type STIM1. ..
- Xia Y, Zeng D, Yu F, He J, Zhou Z, Tu W, et al. Role of autophagy in monokine induced by interferon ? (Mig) production during adenovirus-hepatitis B virus infection. Hepatogastroenterology. 2012;59:1245-50 pubmed publisher..Autophagy may be a crucial intracellular mechanism of Mig induction in response to HBV infection. The results provide new insights into the pathogenesis of HBV. ..
- Zhang J, Hu M, Wang Y, Shu H. TRIM32 protein modulates type I interferon induction and cellular antiviral response by targeting MITA/STING protein for K63-linked ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:28646-55 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that TRIM32 is an important regulatory protein for innate immunity against both RNA and DNA viruses by targeting MITA for K63-linked ubiquitination and downstream activation. ..
- Mohandas N, Young N, Jabbar A, Korhonen P, Koehler A, Hall R, et al. The complement of family M1 aminopeptidases of Haemonchus contortus--Biotechnological implications. Biotechnol Adv. 2016;34:65-76 pubmed publisher..contortus as well as facilitate future assessments of a recombinant subunit or cocktail vaccine against haemonchosis. ..
- Xu G, Li Z, Xiao J, Li F, Ye W, Zhao H, et al. Expression pattern and functional analysis of fundc1 in rare minnow (Gobiocypris rarus). Gene. 2017;626:149-157 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Grfundc1 may play important roles in embryogenesis in fish. ..
- Gan Y, Shi Y, Bu L, Zhu X, Ning C, Zhu H. Immune responses against Schistosoma japonicum after vaccinating mice with a multivalent DNA vaccine encoding integrated membrane protein Sj23 and cytokine interleukin-12. Chin Med J (Engl). 2004;117:1842-6 pubmed..Cytokine IL-12, as a gene adjuvant, was able to enhance the Th1 responses and, hence, the protective immunity. ..
- Hu X, Fan W, Han B, Liu H, Zheng D, Li Q, et al. Complete genome sequence of the mosquitocidal bacterium Bacillus sphaericus C3-41 and comparison with those of closely related Bacillus species. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:2892-902 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of the genome sequence of B. sphaericus C3-41 thus increases our understanding of the bacilli and may also offer prospects for future genetic improvement of this important biological control agent. ..
- Li D, He J, Lei M, Xu D, Jiang S, Xiong Y. [Polymorphism in exon 2 of pig FIT1 gene and its association with fat-deposition-related traits]. Yi Chuan. 2010;32:375-80 pubmed..Further and deep research is necessary for revealing more information on this gene in order to provide a new marker for molecular marker-assisted selection breeding. ..
- Cheng Q, Wu L, Tu R, Wu J, Kang W, Su T, et al. Mycoplasma fermentans deacetylase promotes mammalian cell stress tolerance. Microbiol Res. 2017;201:1-11 pubmed publisher..Mycoplasmal deacetylase also alters the performance of cells under drug stress. This study expands our understanding of the potential molecular and cellular mechanisms of interaction between mycoplasmas and mammalian cells. ..
- Qi B, Qi Y, Watari A, Yoshioka N, Inoue H, Minemoto Y, et al. Pro-apoptotic ASY/Nogo-B protein associates with ASYIP. J Cell Physiol. 2003;196:312-8 pubmed..Characterization of the ASYIP gene may be very useful in clarifying the mechanism of ASY-induced apoptosis or Nogo-involved inhibition of neuronal regeneration in the central nervous system. ..
- Zhu L, Xiang R, Dong W, Liu Y, Qi Y. Anti-apoptotic activity of Bcl-2 is enhanced by its interaction with RTN3. Cell Biol Int. 2007;31:825-30 pubmed..These results suggest that RTN3 could bind with Bcl-2 and mediate its accumulation in mitochondria, which modulate the anti-apoptotic activity of Bcl-2. ..
- Qin L, Zhang Z, Hao Y, Wang B, Yang X, Tian Y, et al. [The growth inhibition effects of TSLC1 gene on human hepatocyte carcinoma cell line HepG2]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2007;15:509-12 pubmed..01). TSLC1 strongly inhibits the growth of HepG2 cells in vitro and induces apoptosis of the cells, suggesting that TSLC1 may have a tumor suppressor function in HCC. ..
- Cai P, Hu L, Cui T, Li Y, Chen F, Wu Q. Association of TIM4 promoter polymorphism -1419G>A with childhood asthma in a Chinese Han population. Tissue Antigens. 2009;74:11-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present findings suggest that TIM4 -1419G>A polymorphism might be the genetic factor for the risk of childhood asthma in Chinese Han population. ..
- Zhao L, Zhou W, Wang S, Liao H, Zhang W, Chen G, et al. [tMfn2 gene transfer promotes vascular smooth-muscle cells apoptosis via activation of the mitochondrial cell death pathway]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2009;37:639-43 pubmed..tMfn2 transfer promoted apoptosis of VSMCs in a time dependent manner via the PI3K-Akt signaling pathway and mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. ..
- Xie L, Liu M, Fang L, Su X, Cai K, Wang D, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of porcine stimulator of interferon genes (STING). Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:847-54 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results indicate that STING is an important regulator of porcine innate immune signaling. The results will help better understand the biological role(s) of STING in innate immunity during evolution. ..
- Chen B, Zhang A, Li R, Mu X, He H, Chen H, et al. Evaluation of the protective efficacy of a newly identified immunogenic protein, HP0272, of Streptococcus suis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2010;307:12-8 pubmed publisher..suis. The results indicate that HP0272 has the potential as an effective component of a new vaccine. ..
- Wu W, Shi S, Huang H, Balducci J, Garfield R. Changes in PGRMC1, a potential progesterone receptor, in human myometrium during pregnancy and labour at term and preterm. Mol Hum Reprod. 2011;17:233-42 pubmed publisher..A decrease in PGRMC1 during term or preterm labour might contribute to the 'functional withdrawal' of P4 action and shift the balance to a state of heightened uterine contractility. ..
- Sun H, Wu C, Tan H, Wang Q. Combination DLL4 with Jagged1-siRNA can enhance inhibition of the proliferation and invasiveness activity of human gastric carcinoma by Notch1/VEGF pathway. Hepatogastroenterology. 2012;59:924-9 pubmed publisher..These results provided a novel therapeutic target in preventing gastric cancer cell invasion and metastasis. ..
- Chen H, Pei R, Zhu W, Zeng R, Wang Y, Wang Y, et al. An alternative splicing isoform of MITA antagonizes MITA-mediated induction of type I IFNs. J Immunol. 2014;192:1162-70 pubmed publisher..However, NF-?B pathway was still activated by MRP, as MRP retained the ability to interact with inducible inhibitor of NF-?B (i?B) kinase. Thus, MRP acts as a dominant negative regulator of MITA-mediated induction of IFN production. ..
- Cheng Y, Chen G, Hu M, Huang J, Li B, Zhou L, et al. Has-miR-30a regulates autophagic activity in cervical cancer upon hydroxycamptothecin exposure. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;75:67-74 pubmed publisher..It is the first time provide a deeper understanding of the mechanisms underlying cellular and molecular mechanisms by which HCPT affect cervical cancer. ..
- Zhou B, Leng J, Hu M, Zhang L, Wang Z, Liu D, et al. Ezrin is a key molecule in the metastasis of MOLT4 cells induced by CCL25/CCR9. Leuk Res. 2010;34:769-76 pubmed publisher..Ezrin silencing by miRNA showed that ezrin plays important roles in the polarization and invasive behaviour of MOLT4 cells. ..
- Luo W, Shu H. Emerging roles of rhomboid-like pseudoproteases in inflammatory and innate immune responses. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:3182-3189 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize recent progress on the roles and mechanisms of iRhom2 and its homologues in innate immunity and also discuss the links between the physiological functions of iRhoms and immunological diseases. ..
- Yang X, Xu P, Xu T. A new pair for inter- and intra-molecular FRET measurement. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:914-20 pubmed..These results reveal EGFP/TDimer2 as a promising FRET pair in monitoring intra-molecular conformation change as well as inter-molecular interaction. ..
- Zhang C, Wu J, Cui T, Wang P, Pan S. [Study on relationship between polymorphism sites of TIM-3 and allergic asthma in a population of adult Hans from Hubei province of China]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2006;23:74-7 pubmed..046, P=0.048). There are polymorphism sites of the promoter region in TIM-3 , and one of these sites, the -574 G/T polymorphism site, may be associated with allergic asthma in the population of adult Hans from Hubei province of China. ..
- Zhao J, Lei Z, Liu Y, Li B, Zhang L, Fang H, et al. Human pregnancy up-regulates Tim-3 in innate immune cells for systemic immunity. J Immunol. 2009;182:6618-24 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the abnormality of Tim-3 in pregnant woman may be deleterious to normal pregnancy. ..
- Yu M, Zhou X, Niu L, Lin G, Huang J, Zhou W, et al. Targeting transmembrane TNF-? suppresses breast cancer growth. Cancer Res. 2013;73:4061-74 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results established that tmTNF-? mAb exerts effective antitumor activities and offers a promising candidate to treat tmTNF-?-positive tumors, particularly in patients that are nonresponders to TNF antagonists. ..
- Zha D, Chen C, Liang W, Chen X, Ma T, Yang H, et al. Nephrin phosphorylation regulates podocyte adhesion through the PINCH-1-ILK-?-parvin complex. BMB Rep. 2013;46:230-5 pubmed..These findings indicate that alterations in nephrin phosphorylation disorganize podocyte cytoskeleton and decrease cell adhesion through a PIP complex-dependent mechanism. ..
- Chen R, Li M, Zhang Y, Zhou Q, Shu H. The E3 ubiquitin ligase MARCH8 negatively regulates IL-1?-induced NF-?B activation by targeting the IL1RAP coreceptor for ubiquitination and degradation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14128-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that MARCH8-mediated polyubiquitination and degradation of IL1RAP is an important mechanism for negative regulation of IL-1?-induced signaling pathways. ..
- Zhang L, Xiao R, Xiong J, Leng J, Ehtisham A, Hu Y, et al. Activated ERM protein plays a critical role in drug resistance of MOLT4 cells induced by CCL25. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e52384 pubmed publisher..Strategies aimed at inhibiting P-gp-F-actin cytoskeleton association may be helpful in increasing the efficiency of therapies in T-ALL. ..
- Wang W, Fan H, Zhou Y, Duan P, Zhao G, Wu G. Knockdown of autophagy-related gene BECLIN1 promotes cell growth and inhibits apoptosis in the A549 human lung cancer cell line. Mol Med Rep. 2013;7:1501-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the siRNA expression vector effectively inhibited the expression of BECLIN1 in the A549 human lung cancer cell line and promote the growth and proliferation of the A549 cells. ..
- Zhou W, Chen L, Chen M. [Atorvastatin inhibits cardiomyocyte apoptosis via down-cegulation the expression mitofusin 2 after myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2014;30:388-90 pubmed..05), and p-Akt expression was obviously raised (P<0.05). Atorvastatin can suppress cardiomyocyte apoptosis after I/R injury in rats, which may be related to the down-regulated expression of Mfn2. ..
- Su Y, Zhu H, Xiao W, Xu Q, Zhu L, Zhang X, et al. Selectively oncolytic mutant of HSV-1 lyses HeLa cells mediated by Ras/RTN3. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:202-8 pubmed..The results provide further theoretical evidence that mtHSV may be used as an oncolytic agent for cancer therapy. ..
- Qiu H, Xia T, Chen X, Gan L, Feng S, Lei T, et al. Characterization of pig INSIG1 and assignment to SSC18. Anim Genet. 2005;36:284-6 pubmed
- Cai M, Xie R, Han L, Chen R, Wang B, Ye F, et al. Effect of RNAi-mediated LRIG3 gene silencing on proliferation of glioma GL15 cells and expression of PCNA and Ki-67. Ai Zheng. 2009;28:1-4 pubmed..67 +/- 3.52)% vs. (49.73 +/- 5.73)%, p < 0.01]. PCNA expression was positively correlated to Ki-67 expression (r =0.932, p < 0.001). Down-regulating LRIG3 gene expression can improve the proliferation of glioma GL15 cells. ..
- Li X, Liu W, Chen X, Wang Y, Shi D, Zhang H, et al. Overexpression of TMPRSS4 promotes tumor proliferation and aggressiveness in breast cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2017;39:927-935 pubmed publisher..Moreover, TMPRSS4 overexpression promoted the proliferation, invasion and migration of BC cells by possibly inducing EMT. To conclude, TMPRSS4 may be a potential therapeutic target for cancer treatment. ..
- Zhang Y, Song L, Cai L, Wei R, Hu H, Jin W. Effects of baicalein on apoptosis, cell cycle arrest, migration and invasion of osteosarcoma cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;53:325-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide evidence that baicalein plays important roles in anti-osteosarcoma therapy, and thus may serve as a novel and efficient candidate agent for osteosarcoma treatment. ..
- Wang Y, Wei C, Dai H, Zhu Z, Sun Y. Subtractive phage display technology identifies zebrafish marcksb that is required for gastrulation. Gene. 2013;521:69-77 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this was the first attempt to combine phage display technique with the embryonic and developmental study of vertebrates, and we were able to identify zebrafish marcksb that was required for gastrulation. ..
- Zhong R, Liu L, Zou L, Zhu Y, Chen W, Zhu B, et al. Genetic variations in TERT-CLPTM1L locus are associated with risk of lung cancer in Chinese population. Mol Carcinog. 2013;52 Suppl 1:E118-26 pubmed publisher..483 × 10(-5), respectively). These findings indicated that the function-validated and potentially functional variations in TERT-CLPTM1L locus, modified by smoking, may play a substantial role in the susceptibility to lung cancer. ..
- Zhang L, Mo J, Swanson K, Wen H, Petrucelli A, Gregory S, et al. NLRC3, a member of the NLR family of proteins, is a negative regulator of innate immune signaling induced by the DNA sensor STING. Immunity. 2014;40:329-41 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates the intersection of two key pathways of innate immune regulation, NLR and STING, to fine tune host response to intracellular DNA, DNA virus, and c-di-GMP...
- Yuan H, You En S, Long Jiang Y, Xiao Hua Z, Liu Zhe L, Cash M, et al. Studies on the protective immunity of Schistosoma japonicum bivalent DNA vaccine encoding Sj23 and Sj14. Exp Parasitol. 2007;115:379-86 pubmed..There was no significant impact on immunity protection exerted by the four factors including dosage, inoculated times, inoculated routes and challenge time after the last immunization in three levels (p>0.05). ..
- Tan C, Fu S, Liu M, Jin M, Liu J, Bei W, et al. Cloning, expression and characterization of a cell wall surface protein, 6-phosphogluconate-dehydrogenase, of Streptococcus suis serotype 2. Vet Microbiol. 2008;130:363-70 pubmed publisher..Identification and characterization of the role of S. suis type 2 6PGD in adhesion and immunogenicity will allow us to use this protein to develop new antimicrobial therapies and/or vaccines. ..
- Hu Q, Liu P, Yu Z, Zhao G, Li J, Teng L, et al. Identification of a cell wall-associated subtilisin-like serine protease involved in the pathogenesis of Streptococcus suis serotype 2. Microb Pathog. 2010;48:103-9 pubmed publisher..These data indicated that the surface-associated protein SspA is a conserved virulence factor of S. suis and is involved in the pathogenesis of S. suis. ..
- Sun S, Wang X, Wang C, Nawaz A, Wei W, Li J, et al. Arctigenin suppresses unfolded protein response and sensitizes glucose deprivation-mediated cytotoxicity of cancer cells. Planta Med. 2011;77:141-5 pubmed publisher..These observations bring a new insight into the mechanism of action of arctigenin and may lead to the design of new anticancer therapeutics. ..
- Ding Z, Liu J, Lin R, Hou X. Experimental pancreatitis results in increased blood-brain barrier permeability in rats: a potential role of MCP-1. J Dig Dis. 2012;13:179-85 pubmed publisher..BBB permeability increased in SAP significantly and time-dependently, and was correlated with brain MCP-1 expression. Nifedipine may improve BBB function by inhibiting MCP-1 expression. ..
- Fang C, Guo Z, Chen X, Liu T, Zeng X, Wang X. Relationship between SRD5A2 rs9282858 polymorphism and the susceptibility of prostate cancer: A meta-analysis based on 20 publications. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6791 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that SRD5A2 rs9282858 polymorphism may be a susceptible factor to PCa. ..
- Zheng X, Ma S, Guo M, Qiu Y, Yang L. Compound Heterozygous Mutations in the DUOX2/DUOXA2 Genes Cause Congenital Hypothyroidism. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:888-890 pubmed publisher..The germline mutations from the families were consistent with an autosomal recessive inheritance pattern. No mutations in the TPO gene and the controls were observed. ..
- He W, Fang Z, Wang F, Wu K, Xu Y, Zhou H, et al. Galectin-9 significantly prolongs the survival of fully mismatched cardiac allografts in mice. Transplantation. 2009;88:782-90 pubmed publisher..A short-course administration of galectin-9 significantly prolonged the survival of fully allogeneic cardiac allografts, which was associated with the suppression of Th1 and Th17 immune responses. ..
- Zhang J, Luo W, Liu Z, Lin J, Cheng Z. Effects of transfection of ICAP-1? and its mutants on adhesion and migration of 2H-11 cells. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2010;30:569-74 pubmed publisher..These effects might be correlated with ERK1/2 and c-Jun protein phosphorylation. ..
- Wang S, Lei T, Zhou L, Zheng H, Zeng C, Liu N, et al. Functional analysis and transcriptional regulation of porcine six transmembrane epithelial antigen of prostate 4 (STEAP4) gene and its novel variant in hepatocytes. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:612-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data demonstrated that C/EBP? directly regulates the roles of STEAP4 and its novel variant in attenuating lipogenesis, gluconeogenesis or/and inflammation elicited by FFAs or LPS in hepatocytes. ..
- Yu J, Zhang H, Zhang M, Deng Y, Wang H, Lu J, et al. An aromatic amino acid in the coiled-coil 1 domain plays a crucial role in the auto-inhibitory mechanism of STIM1. Biochem J. 2013;454:401-9 pubmed publisher..This inhibition could be achieved either by interacting with the CAD using hydrogen and/or hydrophobic bonds, or by an intermolecular interaction using repulsive forces, which maintained a dimeric STIM1...
- Kuang E, Wan Q, Li X, Xu H, Liu Q, Qi Y. ER Ca2+ depletion triggers apoptotic signals for endoplasmic reticulum (ER) overload response induced by overexpressed reticulon 3 (RTN3/HAP). J Cell Physiol. 2005;204:549-59 pubmed..These results supported that the release of ER Ca(2+) stores triggered the initial signal-transducing pathways for EOR induced by overexpressed RTN3. ..
- Chen F, Zeng F, Tong Q, Zheng L, Wang L, Dong J, et al. Cloning of human uroplakin II gene from Chinese transitional cell carcinoma of bladder and construction of its eukaryotic expression vector. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2005;25:188-90, 211 pubmed
- Xu H, Zhou Q, Liu X, Qi Y. Co-involvement of the mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum in cell death induced by the novel ER-targeted protein HAP. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2006;11:249-55 pubmed