Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on larva in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
- Liu C, Zhang J, Yi F, Wang J, Wang X, Jiang H, et al. Isolation and RNA1 nucleotide sequence determination of a new insect nodavirus from Pieris rapae larvae in Wuhan city, China. Virus Res. 2006;120:28-35 pubmed..Predicted domains for six RNA-dependent RNA polymerase motifs and putative ORFs (protein B) are confirmed by sequence analysis of WhNV RNA1. ..
- Wei W, Zhou Y, Lei C, Sun X. Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus orf114 is not essential for virus replication in vitro, but its knockout reduces per os infectivity in vivo. Virus Genes. 2012;45:360-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that ac114 is an auxiliary gene that facilitates embedding of ODVs into OBs, thus affecting the per os infectivity of the virus. ..
- He Y, Zhang J, Gao C, Su J, Chen J, Shen J. Regression analysis of dynamics of insecticide resistance in field populations of Chilo suppressalis (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) during 2002-2011 in China. J Econ Entomol. 2013;106:1832-7 pubmed..Then, the relationship between dynamics of resistance development to insecticides among the field populations of C. suppressalis and the application history of pesticides for controlling rice borers was discussed. ..
- Liu C, Su G, Giesy J, Letcher R, Li G, Agrawal I, et al. Acute Exposure to Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) Phosphate (TDCIPP) Causes Hepatic Inflammation and Leads to Hepatotoxicity in Zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19045 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that exposure to TDCIPP induces hepatic inflammation and leads to hepatotoxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Li J, Ma Y, Yuan W, Xiao Y, Liu C, Wang J, et al. FOXA transcriptional factor modulates insect susceptibility to Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ac toxin by regulating the expression of toxin-receptor ABCC2 and ABCC3 genes. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;88:1-11 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that FOXA up-regulates expression of the Cry1Ac-toxin receptor ABCC2 and ABCC3 genes, and that lower FOXA expression correlates with tolerance to Cry toxin in cell lines and in lepidopteran larvae. ..
- Huang H, Wang M, Deng F, Wang H, Hu Z. ORF85 of HearNPV encodes the per os infectivity factor 4 (PIF4) and is essential for the formation of the PIF complex. Virology. 2012;427:217-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HA85 is identified as the PIF4 of HearNPV and is proposed to participate in the formation of HearNPV PIF complex via associations with other PIFs. ..
- Dong F, Shi R, Zhang S, Zhan T, Wu G, Shen J, et al. Fusing the vegetative insecticidal protein Vip3Aa7 and the N terminus of Cry9Ca improves toxicity against Plutella xylostella larvae. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;96:921-9 pubmed publisher..These results lay a foundation for the development of a new generation of bio-insecticides and multi-gene transgenic plants. ..
- Chen L, Yu K, Huang C, Yu L, Zhu B, Lam P, et al. Prenatal transfer of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) results in developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish larvae. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:9727-34 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence that parental exposure to environmentally relevant concentrations of PBDEs could cause adverse effects on neurodevelopment in zebrafish offspring. ..
- Xu T, Chen L, Hu C, Zhou B. Effects of acute exposure to polybrominated diphenyl ethers on retinoid signaling in zebrafish larvae. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2013;35:13-20 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results indicated that acute exposure to PBDEs could disturb retinoid signaling and may impact on eye development of zebrafish larvae. ..
- Peng D, Wang F, Li N, Zhang Z, Song R, Zhu Z, et al. Single cysteine substitution in Bacillus thuringiensis Cry7Ba1 improves the crystal solubility and produces toxicity to Plutella xylostella larvae. Environ Microbiol. 2011;13:2820-31 pubmed publisher..This study provides a strategy to isolate novel insecticidal crystal protein genes from 'non-insecticidal'B. thuringiensis strains. ..
- Chen X, IJkel W, Dominy C, de Andrade Zanotto P, Hashimoto Y, Faktor O, et al. Identification, sequence analysis and phylogeny of the lef-2 gene of Helicoverpa armigera single-nucleocapsid baculovirus. Virus Res. 1999;65:21-32 pubmed..These two independent approaches also give a more complete picture of the ancestral relationship among baculovirus...
- Xue J, Cai Q, Zheng D, Yuan Z. The synergistic activity between Cry1Aa and Cry1c from Bacillus thuringiensis against Spodoptera exigua and Helicoverpa armigera. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2005;40:460-5 pubmed..thuringiensis Cry1 toxins. It can be applied to the rational design of new generations of B. thuringiensis biopesticides and to strategies for management of resistant insects. ..
- Wang J, Zhang J, Jiang H, Liu C, Yi F, Hu Y. Nucleotide sequence and genomic organization of a newly isolated densovirus infecting Dendrolimus punctatus. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:2169-73 pubmed..Consequently, this virus was considered as a new third member of the genus Iteravirus of the subfamily Densovirinae, and designated Dendrolimus punctatus densovirus. ..
- Zheng D, Valdez Cruz N, Armengol G, Sevrez C, Munoz Olaya J, Yuan Z, et al. Co-expression of the mosquitocidal toxins Cyt1Aa and Cry11Aa from Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis in Asticcacaulis excentricus. Curr Microbiol. 2007;54:58-62 pubmed..Recombinant A. excentricus expressing both toxins was found to be approximately twice as toxic to third instar larvae of Culex quinquefasciatus as transformants expressing just Cry11Aa...
- Pan X, Long G, Wang R, Hou S, Wang H, Zheng Y, et al. Deletion of a Helicoverpa armigera nucleopolyhedrovirus gene encoding a virion structural protein (ORF107) increases the budded virion titre and reduces in vivo infectivity. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:3307-16 pubmed..These data indicate that Ha107 encodes a non-essential structural protein of HearNPV virions and that deletion of this gene increases the BV titre and LD50 of the occluded virus. ..
- Wang F, Ai H, Chen X, Lei C. Hepatoprotective effect of a protein-enriched fraction from the maggots (Musca domestica) against CCl4-induced hepatic damage in rats. Biotechnol Lett. 2007;29:853-8 pubmed..Hyperplasia of kupffer cells was observed after treatment with PEF (100 and 200 mg/kg). We conclude that PEF is effective in this model of liver damage...
- Fang L, Liang X, Zhou Y, Guo X, He Y, Yi T, et al. Programming effects of high-carbohydrate feeding of larvae on adult glucose metabolism in zebrafish, Danio rerio. Br J Nutr. 2014;111:808-18 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study demonstrates that it is possible to permanently modify carbohydrate digestion, transport and metabolism of adult zebrafish through early nutritional programming. ..
- Wang X, Zhang J, Lu J, Yi F, Liu C, Hu Y. Sequence analysis and genomic organization of a new insect picorna-like virus, Ectropis obliqua picorna-like virus, isolated from Ectropis obliqua. J Gen Virol. 2004;85:1145-51 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis showed that EoPV is most closely related to PnPV and suggests that these four insect picorna-like viruses might constitute a new group of insect-infectious RNA viruses...
- Yi F, Zhang J, Yu H, Liu C, Wang J, Hu Y. Isolation and identification of a new tetravirus from Dendrolimus punctatus larvae collected from Yunnan Province, China. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:789-96 pubmed..The 70 kDa protein shows 86 and 66 % identity to its homologues in NomegaV and Helicoverpa armigera stunt virus, respectively. Secondary-structure analysis revealed that the RNAs of DpTV have tRNA-like structures at their 3' termini. ..
- Wu Q, Yan W, Liu C, Li L, Yu L, Zhao S, et al. Microcystin-LR exposure induces developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish embryo. Environ Pollut. 2016;213:793-800 pubmed publisher..The above results indicated that MCLR-induced developmental toxicity might attribute to the disorder of cholinergic system, dopaminergic signaling, and the development of neurons. ..
- Xu X, Han Y, Wu G, Cai W, Yuan B, Wang H, et al. Field evaluation of effects of transgenic cry1Ab/cry1Ac, cry1C and cry2A rice on Cnaphalocrocis medinalis and its arthropod predators. Sci China Life Sci. 2011;54:1019-28 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate that the Bt toxin in transgenic Bt rice can effectively suppress the occurrence of C. medinalis, but has no significant effects on the occurrence of the four predatory arthropod species. ..
- Chen L, Huang Y, Huang C, Hu B, Hu C, Zhou B. Acute exposure to DE-71 causes alterations in visual behavior in zebrafish larvae. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2013;32:1370-5 pubmed publisher..Analysis of these visual behavioral paradigms may be useful in predicting the adverse effects of toxicants on visual function in fish. ..
- Xiong F, Li W, Wu S, Zou H, Wang G. Molecular phylogeny and host specificity of the larval Eustrongylides (Nematoda: Dioctophmidae) from freshwater fish in China. J Parasitol. 2013;99:137-44 pubmed publisher..Clade 3 was found in 9 species, but its low prevalence suggests accidental infection in all species. Although the larval nematode presented low host specificity, it exhibited some host preference...
- Du X, Ma H, Zhang X, Liu K, Peng J, Lan Q, et al. Characterization of the sterol carrier protein-x/sterol carrier protein-2 gene in the cotton bollworm, Helicoverpa armigera. J Insect Physiol. 2012;58:1413-23 pubmed publisher..armigera. The results taken together suggest that HaSCPx/2 gene is important for normal development and fertility in H. armigera...
- Wang Z, Dong Y, Desneux N, Niu C. RNAi silencing of the HaHMG-CoA reductase gene inhibits oviposition in the Helicoverpa armigera cotton bollworm. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67732 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated the potential implications for developing novel pest management strategies using HaHMGR RNAi in the control of H. armigera and other insect pests...
- Long Y, Li Q, Zhong S, Wang Y, Cui Z. Molecular characterization and functions of zebrafish ABCC2 in cellular efflux of heavy metals. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;153:381-91 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that zebrafish ABCC2/MRP2 is capable of effluxing heavy metals from cells and may play important roles in the detoxification of toxic metals. ..
- Cao M, Yang Y, Xu H, Duan J, Cheng N, Wang J, et al. Germ cell specific expression of Vasa in rare minnow, Gobiocypris rarus. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2012;162:163-70 pubmed publisher..Grvas signals are coincident with primordial germ cells. These results mean that a germ cell marker, Grvas is isolated from rare minnow and its expression is exclusively in germ cells...
- Rehman K, Cai M, Xiao X, Zheng L, Wang H, Soomro A, et al. Cellulose decomposition and larval biomass production from the co-digestion of dairy manure and chicken manure by mini-livestock (Hermetia illucens L.). J Environ Manage. 2017;196:458-465 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the co-digestion of 40% dairy manure with 60% chicken manure is an appropriate proportion for dairy manure management with the black soldier fly. ..
- Cai D, Qiu Y, Qi N, Yan R, Lin M, Nie D, et al. Characterization of Wuhan Nodavirus subgenomic RNA3 and the RNAi inhibition property of its encoded protein B2. Virus Res. 2010;151:153-61 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that nonstructural protein B2 of WhNV is an efficient RNA interference (RNAi) suppressor in a cultured drosophila cell line. The amino-terminal region (aa 1-20) of B2 is essential for this RNAi inhibition activity. ..
- Long Y, Li L, Li Q, He X, Cui Z. Transcriptomic characterization of temperature stress responses in larval zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37209 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings provide new interesting clues for elucidation of mechanisms underlying the temperature acclimation in fish. ..
- Cai J, Du X, Wang C, Lin J, Du X. Identification of Potential Helicoverpa armigera (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) Sterol Carrier Protein-2 Inhibitors Through High-Throughput Virtual Screening. J Econ Entomol. 2017;110:1779-1784 pubmed publisher..armigera larvae. The results suggest that H1 and H14 are promising as useful lead compounds for further optimization and development of novel SCP-2-specific pesticides. ..
- Zhang S, Zhang Q, Cheng F, Wang L, Pen G. Threshold of transmission of Brugia malayi by Anopheles sinensis. J Trop Med Hyg. 1991;94:245-50 pubmed..The threshold of transmission of B. malayi by An. sinensis was considered to be between 1.55 and 2.23% of the population, providing no individual had a higher density than 12 microfilariae per 60 mm3...
- Chen L, Huang C, Hu C, Yu K, Yang L, Zhou B. Acute exposure to DE-71: effects on locomotor behavior and developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish larvae. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2012;31:2338-44 pubmed publisher..Overall, the present study demonstrated that acute exposure to PBDEs can disrupt the neurobehavior of zebrafish larvae and affect cholinergic neurotransmission and neuron development. ..
- Li Y, Tan L, Li Y, Chen W, Zhang J, Hu Y. Identification and genome characterization of Heliothis armigera cypovirus types 5 and 14 and Heliothis assulta cypovirus type 14. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:387-94 pubmed publisher..CAGCU-3'; and type 5, 5'-AGUU...UUGC-3'. Our results are consistent with classification of CPV types based on the electrophoretic patterns of CPV double-stranded RNA...
- Sheng P, Huang S, Wang Q, Wang A, Zhang H. Isolation, screening, and optimization of the fermentation conditions of highly cellulolytic bacteria from the hindgut of Holotrichia parallela larvae (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae). Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2012;167:270-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, from the present study, the bacterium can be added up to the database of cellulolytic bacteria. ..
- Li J, Liang Y, Zhang X, Lu J, Zhang J, Ruan T, et al. Impaired gas bladder inflation in zebrafish exposed to a novel heterocyclic brominated flame retardant tris(2,3-dibromopropyl) isocyanurate. Environ Sci Technol. 2011;45:9750-7 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we report that the gas bladder could be a primary target organ for TBC, and assessment of the gas bladder should be included in toxicity testing protocols of zebrafish embryos. ..