Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression regulation in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
Topic: gene expression regulation
Publications290 found, 100 shown here
- Hao H, Aixia Y, Dan L, Lei F, Nancai Y, Wen S. Baicalin suppresses expression of Chlamydia protease-like activity factor in Hep-2 cells infected by Chlamydia trachomatis. Fitoterapia. 2009;80:448-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that Baicalin can inhibit C. trachomatis effectively and therefore, can be considered as potential agents for therapy of Chlamydia infectious diseases. ..
- Liu M, Zhou D, Wang X, Zhou W, Ye L, Li J, et al. IFN-?3 inhibits HIV infection of macrophages through the JAK-STAT pathway. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35902 pubmed publisher..Future in vivo studies are necessary in order to explore the potential for developing IFN-?3-based therapy for HIV disease. ..
- Wang X, Zhu K, Li S, Liao Y, Du R, Zhang X, et al. MLL1, a H3K4 methyltransferase, regulates the TNF?-stimulated activation of genes downstream of NF-?B. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4058-66 pubmed publisher..CHIP assays proved that the translocation of MLL1 to chromatin was dependent on NF-?B. Our results suggest that MLL1 is recruited to its target genes by activated NF-?B and regulates their transcription. ..
- Hu B, Zhou H, Gao H, Liu Y, Yan T, Zou L, et al. IFN-? inhibits osteopontin expression in human decidual stromal cells and can be attenuated by 1?,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2012;68:353-61 pubmed publisher..OPN expression in DSC was significantly decreased with the treatment of IFN-?. 1,25(OH)(2) D(3) played an opposite role in IFN-?-mediated inhibition of OPN expression in human DSC. ..
- Xue J, Zhao H, Shang G, Zou R, Dai Z, Zhou D, et al. RIP140 is associated with subclinical inflammation in type 2 diabetic patients. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2013;121:37-42 pubmed publisher..Increased RIP140 level may be closely associated with inflammation and disorder of lipid and glucose metabolism in diabetic patients. ..
- Zhang N, Qi M, Gao X, Zhao L, Liu J, Gu C, et al. Response of the hepatic transcriptome to aflatoxin B1 in ducklings. Toxicon. 2016;111:69-76 pubmed publisher..Conclusion, this study determined the hepatic transcriptome responded to AFB1 exposure, and provide candidate genes can be targeted to prevent and/or reduce aflatoxicosis in ducklings. ..
- Liu C, Zhang Y, Fu T, Liu Y, Wei S, Yang Y, et al. Effects of electromagnetic fields on bone loss in hyperthyroidism rat model. Bioelectromagnetics. 2017;38:137-150 pubmed publisher..Bioelectromagnetics. 38:137-150, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Lu X, Zhang X, Wang H, Long X, You X, Gao Q, et al. Expression of osteopontin in chronic rhinosinusitis with and without nasal polyps. Allergy. 2009;64:104-11 pubmed publisher..The expression of OPN is upregulated in CRS. The mutual regulatory interactions between OPN and inflammatory cytokines suggest that OPN may play an important role in the pathogenesis of CRS. ..
- Meng F, Sun H, Tan X, Li C, Zhou J, Liu W. Negative regulation of cyclin D3 expression by transcription factor c-Ets1 in umbilical cord hematopoietic cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011;32:1159-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, it inhibits the proliferation of CD34(+) cells. c-Ets1 functions as a negative transcription factor, down-regulating the expression of cyclin D3, which leads to inhibition of CD34(+) cell proliferation. ..
- Ren X, Fu X, Zhang X, Chen S, Huang S, Yao L, et al. Testosterone regulates 3T3-L1 pre-adipocyte differentiation and epididymal fat accumulation in mice through modulating macrophage polarization. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;140:73-88 pubmed publisher..Testosterone supplementation reverses this effect. Therefore, our findings indicate that testosterone inhibits pre-adipocyte differentiation by switching macrophages to M2 polarization through the G?i and Akt signaling pathways. ..
- Li D, Chen X, Li W, Yang Y, Wang J, Yu A. Cytoglobin up-regulated by hydrogen peroxide plays a protective role in oxidative stress. Neurochem Res. 2007;32:1375-80 pubmed..The Cygb-siRNA could exacerbate cell death upon H(2)O(2)-treatment, as demonstrated by MTT cell viability assay. Thus, Cygb in neuronal cells might be specifically induced under oxidative stress to protect them from death. ..
- Liu Y, Wang D, Jiang D, Qin X, Xie Z, Wang Q, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of novel variants and tissue-specific expression of alternative amino and carboxyl termini of products of slc4a10. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55974 pubmed publisher..We conclude that alternative transcription and splicing of Slc4a10 products are regulated in a tissue-specific manner. Our findings provide critical insights that will greatly influence the study of the physiology of NBCn2. ..
- Xiong M, Li B, Zhu Q, Wang Y, Zhang H. Identification of transcription factors for drug-associated gene modules and biomedical implications. Bioinformatics. 2014;30:305-9 pubmed publisher..g. polyphenols) and their associated modules and TFs are helpful to elucidate their polypharmacological effects in terms of activating specific TFs, such as ERs, nuclear factor-like 2 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. ..
- Yang G, Li X, Yuan G, Liu P, Fan M. The effects of osterix on the proliferation and odontoblastic differentiation of human dental papilla cells. J Endod. 2014;40:1771-7 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of Osx down-regulated odontoblastic differentiation genes and decreased the mineralization ability of hDPCs. Osx might function as a potential regulator for the proliferation and odontoblastic differentiation of hDPCs. ..
- Wan Q, Schoenmaker T, Jansen I, Bian Z, de Vries T, Everts V. Osteoblasts of calvaria induce higher numbers of osteoclasts than osteoblasts from long bone. Bone. 2016;86:10-21 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate bone-site specific differences in osteoblast-mediated formation of osteoclasts. The data may suggest that the heterogeneity of osteoclasts is partially due to the way the osteoblasts induce their formation. ..
- Zhang Y, Gui J. Identification of two novel interferon-stimulated genes from cultured CAB cells induced by UV-inactivated grass carp hemorrhage virus. Dis Aquat Organ. 2004;60:1-9 pubmed
- Peng B, Lin J, Zhang T. Toxoplasma gondii induces prostaglandin E2 synthesis in macrophages via signal pathways for calcium-dependent arachidonic acid production and PKC-dependent induction of cyclooxygenase-2. Parasitol Res. 2008;102:1043-50 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that T. gondii induces PGE2 biosynthesis in RAW264.7 macrophages by regulating AA production through a calcium-dependent pathway and induction of COX-2 expression by a PKC-dependent pathway. ..
- Zhang F, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Zhu R, Dong C, Li Y, et al. Expressional induction of Paralichthys olivaceus cathepsin B gene in response to virus, poly I:C and lipopolysaccharide. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2008;25:542-9 pubmed publisher..5 and 18 fold increases at 72h post-infection respectively. These results provided the first evidence for the transcriptional induction of cathepsin B in fish by virus and LPS, indicating existence of a novel function in viral defense...
- Ge J, Cheng B, He P, Wen H, Lu H, Chen X, et al. [Construction and identification of recombinant firefly luciferase report vector containing human acyl coenzyme a: cholesterol acyltransferase 1 gene P7 promoter]. Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi. 2008;25:1381-4 pubmed..We successfully constructed luciferase reporter vector containing P7 promoter of the human ACAT1 gene, and established a new means to study the transcriptional regulation mechanisms of ACAT1 during atherosclerosis. ..
- Zhou G, Xia K, Du G, Chen X, Xu X, Lu R, et al. Activation of nuclear factor-kappa B correlates with tumor necrosis factor-alpha in oral lichen planus: a clinicopathologic study in atrophic-erosive and reticular form. J Oral Pathol Med. 2009;38:559-64 pubmed publisher..There might be a positive regulatory loop between NF-kappaB and TNF-alpha, which may contribute to inflammation in OLP; NF-kappaB may also protect epithelial keratinocytes from excessive apoptosis. ..
- Kim Y, Ke F, Zhang Q. Effect of beta-glucan on activity of antioxidant enzymes and Mx gene expression in virus infected grass carp. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:336-40 pubmed publisher..The GCHV-infected group pre-treated with beta-glucan had a higher survival rate (60%) than the group not pre-treated with beta-glucan (20%), suggesting that beta-glucan possesses or enhances anti-viral responses. ..
- Chen X, Chen Y, Wang S, Lei T, Gan L, Yang Z. Molecular characterization and functional analysis of porcine macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) gene. Cytokine. 2010;50:84-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we proposed that the transcription of MIF is induced by activation of PPARgamma2 and inhibited by excessive resistin. ..
- Qiu H, Wang F, Liu C, Xu X, Liu B. TEAD1-dependent expression of the FoxO3a gene in mouse skeletal muscle. BMC Mol Biol. 2011;12:1 pubmed publisher..These findings provide important clues for further analysis of the role of FoxO3a gene in the formation and transformation of skeletal muscle fiber types. ..
- Zhou A, Zhang S. Regulation of cell signaling and porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. Cell Signal. 2012;24:973-80 pubmed publisher..In addition, the cross-talk of cell signaling pathways also can regulate PRRSV replication and also is present in this review by recent finding...
- Chu X, You H, Yuan X, Zhao W, Li W, Guo X. Protective effect of lentivirus-mediated siRNA targeting ADAMTS-5 on cartilage degradation in a rat model of osteoarthritis. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:1222-8 pubmed publisher..05). A single injection of lentivirus?mediated ADAMTS?5 siRNA prevented the degradation of articular cartilage. This method may provide a novel therapeutic strategy for the treatment of human OA...
- Zhu R, Wang J, Lei X, Gui J, Zhang Q. Evidence for Paralichthys olivaceus IFITM1 antiviral effect by impeding viral entry into target cells. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:918-26 pubmed publisher..Our current data provide the first evidence that IFITM1 functions as a key effector of the innate immune to restrict virus replication in lower vertebrates, through the action of impeding viral entry. ..
- Lu Y, Yuan M, Gao X, Kang T, Zhan S, Wan H, et al. Identification and validation of reference genes for gene expression analysis using quantitative PCR in Spodoptera litura (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68059 pubmed publisher..We believe that these results make an important contribution to gene analysis studies in S. litura and form the basis of further research on stable reference genes in S. litura and other organisms. ..
- Jiang W, Hu K, Liu Y, Jiang J, Wu P, Zhao J, et al. Dietary myo-inositol modulates immunity through antioxidant activity and the Nrf2 and E2F4/cyclin signalling factors in the head kidney and spleen following infection of juvenile fish with Aeromonas hydrophila. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;49:374-86 pubmed publisher..Finally, the optimal MI levels were 660.7 (based on ACP) and 736.8Â mgÂ kg(-1) diet (based on MDA) in the head kidney and 770.5 (based on ACP) and 766.9Â mgÂ kg(-1) diet (based on MDA) in the spleen of juvenile Jian carp. ..
- Cheng X, He S, Yuan J, Miao S, Gao H, Zhang J, et al. Lipoxin A4 attenuates LPS-induced mouse acute lung injury via Nrf2-mediated E-cadherin expression in airway epithelial cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;93:52-66 pubmed publisher..These results provide a new mechanism by which LXA4 inhibits LPS-induced ALI through Nrf2-mediated E-cadherin expression. ..
- Hu Y, Lai J, Wan B, Liu X, Zhang Y, Zhang J, et al. Long-term exposure to ELF-MF ameliorates cognitive deficits and attenuates tau hyperphosphorylation in 3xTg AD mice. Neurotoxicology. 2016;53:290-300 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ELF-MF exposure could act as a valid therapeutic strategy for ameliorating cognitive deficits and attenuating tau hyperphosphorylation in AD. ..
- Tan Y, Wu Q, Wu Q, Tan X, Chen L, Wang X. Thermal Preconditioning May Prevent Tendon Adhesion by Up-Regulating HSP72 in Rats. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1623-1634 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that thermal preconditioning may alleviate tendon adhesions via upregulation of HSP72 expression. ..
- Xie L, Fang L, Wang D, Luo R, Cai K, Chen H, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of porcine DNA-dependent activator of IFN-regulatory factors (DAI). Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:293-9 pubmed publisher..siRNA targeting poDAI significantly decreased poly(dAT:dAT)- or Pseudorabies virus (PRV)-induced IFN-beta activation. These results indicate that DAI is an important immuno-regulator of the porcine innate immune system. ..
- Xu X, Xu X, Yin Q, Sun L, Liu B, Wang Y. The molecular characterization and associations of porcine cardiomyopathy asssociated 5 (CMYA5) gene with carcass trait and meat quality. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:2085-90 pubmed publisher..05), water loss (p < 0.01) and intramuscular fat (p < 0.05). These results provide the evidence that the porcine CMYA5 gene can act as a potential candidate gene affecting pig meat quality. ..
- He B, Liu S, Chen Q, Li H, Ding W, Deng M. Carboxymethylated chitosan stimulates proliferation of Schwann cells in vitro via the activation of the ERK and Akt signaling pathways. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;667:195-201 pubmed publisher..Overall, the above results indicate that CMCS stimulates proliferation of Schwann cells by activating the intracellular signaling cascades of ERK1/2 and PI3K/Akt. ..
- Du H. Transcription, DNA damage and beyond: the roles of histone ubiquitination and deubiquitination. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2012;13:447-66 pubmed..I also present new evidence that links histone ubiquitination with other histone modifications, which comprises an intricate crosstalk network. ..
- Wang Y, Lin Q, Zheng P, Zhang J, Huang F. DHA inhibits protein degradation more efficiently than EPA by regulating the PPAR?/NF?B pathway in C2C12 myotubes. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:318981 pubmed publisher..01). These results revealed that DHA inhibits protein degradation more efficiently than EPA by regulating the PPAR ? /NF- ? B pathway in C2C12 myotubes. ..
- Tian S, Ding G, Jia R, Chu G. Tubulointerstitial macrophage accumulation is regulated by sequentially expressed osteopontin and macrophage colony-stimulating factor: implication for the role of atorvastatin. Mediators Inflamm. 2006;2006:12919 pubmed..Statin treatment decreases interstitial inflammation and fibrosis, and this renoprotective effect may be mediated by downregulating the expression of OPN and M-CSF. ..
- Tian X, Wang G, Xu Y, Wang P, Chen S, Yang H, et al. An improved tet-on system for gene expression in neurons delivered by a single lentiviral vector. Hum Gene Ther. 2009;20:113-23 pubmed publisher..Transgene expression from the NSE promoter also provided tightly regulated gene expression in neurons in vivo. ..
- Xu Z, Xiao S, Xu P, Xie Q, Cao L, Wang D, et al. miR-365, a novel negative regulator of interleukin-6 gene expression, is cooperatively regulated by Sp1 and NF-kappaB. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:21401-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that miR-365 is a novel negative regulator of IL-6. ..
- Chen L, Peng E, Zeng X, Zhuang Q, Ye Z. Comparison of the proliferation, viability, and differentiation capacity of adipose-derived stem cells from different anatomic sites in rabbits. Cells Tissues Organs. 2012;196:13-22 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the different anatomic distributions of fat contribute to the different behaviors of ASCs. The SI region offers the most applicable cell source reservoir for ASC tissue engineering. ..
- Zhang S, Lv J, Yang P, Yu Q, Pang J, Wang Z, et al. Loss of dicer exacerbates cyclophosphamide-induced bladder overactivity by enhancing purinergic signaling. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:937-46 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that miRNAs modulate OAB susceptibility by regulating purinergic signaling, in which the pathogenic insult induces the expression of miRNAs capable of targeting P2X mRNAs to suppress OAB symptoms. ..
- Liu G, Wei W, Zhou X, Shi H, Liu X, Chai G, et al. Silencing PP2A inhibitor by lenti-shRNA interference ameliorates neuropathologies and memory deficits in tg2576 mice. Mol Ther. 2013;21:2247-57 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal that targeting I2(PP2A) can efficiently rescue A? toxicities and improve the memory deficits in tg2576 mice, suggesting that I2(PP2A) could be a promising target for potential AD therapies. ..
- Wu L, Zhao F, Dai M, Li H, Chen C, Nie J, et al. P2y12 Receptor Promotes Pressure Overload-Induced Cardiac Remodeling via Platelet-Driven Inflammation in Mice. Hypertension. 2017;70:759-769 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that P2y12-mediated platelet activation promotes cardiac remodeling by triggering a series of inflammatory changes and interacting with leukocytes and endotheliocytes. ..
- Ning Q, Lakatoo S, Liu M, Yang W, Wang Z, Phillips M, et al. Induction of prothrombinase fgl2 by the nucleocapsid protein of virulent mouse hepatitis virus is dependent on host hepatic nuclear factor-4 alpha. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15541-9 pubmed
- Dai M, Xia T, Zhang G, Chen X, Gan L, Feng S, et al. Cloning, expression and chromosome localization of porcine adiponectin and adiponectin receptors genes. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2006;30:117-25 pubmed..Our data provide basic molecular information useful for the further investigation on the function of the three genes. ..
- Huang Y, Yin H, Han J, Huang B, Xu J, Zheng F, et al. Extracellular hmgb1 functions as an innate immune-mediator implicated in murine cardiac allograft acute rejection. Am J Transplant. 2007;7:799-808 pubmed..The enhanced graft survival is associated with reduced allograft expression of TNFalpha, IFNgamma and Hmgb1 and impaired Th1 immune response. ..
- Zhu Z, Wang Y, Ding X, Zeng F, Xu K. Expression and prognostic significance of Livin in the progression of bladder cancer. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2008;28:90-2 pubmed publisher..The expression of Livin mRNA had no correlation with tumor pathological grades and clinical stages. It was suggested that there was weak expression of Livin mRNA in adjacent normal tissues, but strong in tumor tissues. ..
- Luo M, Chen L, Zheng J, Zeng T, Deng X. [The effect of calorie restriction on the expression of liver's gluconeogenesis genes of rats fed a high fat diet]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2008;16:125-8 pubmed..01). Meanwhile, liver steatosis was also milder. Calorie restriction can inhibit the expressions of FoxO1, PEPCK and G-6-P, strengthen insulin signal conduction, suppress gluconeogenesis and thus regulate glycometabolism. ..
- Hou Y, Zhou X, Liu J, Yuan J, Cheng H, Zhou R. Nuclear factor-Y (NF-Y) regulates transcription of mouse Dmrt7 gene by binding to tandem CCAAT boxes in its proximal promoter. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:655-64 pubmed..This suggests that NF-Y can activate the Dmrt7 promoter. These results provide evidence of a transcription regulatory mechanism that controls Dmrt7 gene expression in mouse testis. ..
- Zhu L, Wu Y, Wei H, Xing X, Zhan N, Xiong H, et al. IL-17R activation of human periodontal ligament fibroblasts induces IL-23 p19 production: Differential involvement of NF-?B versus JNK/AP-1 pathways. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:647-56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that disruption of the interaction between IL-17 and IL-23 may be a potential therapeutic approach in the treatment of periodontitis. ..
- Sun X, Mei S, Tao H, Wang G, Su L, Jiang S, et al. Microarray profiling for differential gene expression in PMSG-hCG stimulated preovulatory ovarian follicles of Chinese Taihu and Large White sows. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:111 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study reveals many potential avenues of investigation for seeking new insights into ovarian physiology and the genetic control of reproduction. ..
- Yang Y, Ye J, Yang X, Jiang R, Chen H, Cao S. Japanese encephalitis virus infection induces changes of mRNA profile of mouse spleen and brain. Virol J. 2011;8:80 pubmed publisher..Most of differentially expression genes are associated with antiviral response of host, which may provide important information for investigation of JEV pathogenesis and therapeutic method. ..
- Li J, Cao J, Li M, Yu Y, Yang Y, Xiao X, et al. Collagen triple helix repeat containing-1 inhibits transforming growth factor-b1-induced collagen type I expression in keloid. Br J Dermatol. 2011;164:1030-6 pubmed..TGF-b1 was upregulated in keloid fibroblasts and recombinant Cthrc1 inhibited TGF-b1-stimulated collagen type I synthesis, which suggests that Cthrc1 may be a potential therapeutic option for keloids. ..
- Yu N, Yang J, Yin T. Extracts from a traditional Chinese herbal remedy (Zhuyun recipe) improve endometrial receptivity in mice with embryonic implantation dysfunction and ovulation stimulation. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;137:389-95 pubmed publisher..It provides a new insight into the clinic infertility's treatment. ..
- Sun F, Zhang Y, Liu T, Shi J, Wang B, Gui J. Fish MITA serves as a mediator for distinct fish IFN gene activation dependent on IRF3 or IRF7. J Immunol. 2011;187:2531-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that IFN genes in fish and mammals have evolved independently to acquire a similar mechanism triggering their expression. ..
- Song S, Bi J, Wang D, Fang L, Zhang L, Li F, et al. Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus infection activates IL-10 production through NF-?B and p38 MAPK pathways in porcine alveolar macrophages. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;39:265-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, PRRSV infection significantly induced IL-10 expression and this induction depends on NF-?B activation and p38 MAPK in PAMs...
- Yang J, Zhou Y, Liu B, Wang H, Du X. Trop2 plays a cardioprotective role by promoting cardiac c-kit+ cell proliferation and inhibition of apoptosis in the acute phase of myocardial infarction. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:1298-304 pubmed publisher..This study provides insight into better understanding the molecular function of Trop2, which could serve as a potential target for the treatment of MI. ..
- Zheng J, Luo Z, Liu C, Chen Q, Zhu Q, Hu W, et al. Differential effects of the chronic and acute zinc exposure on carnitine composition, kinetics of carnitine palmitoyltransferases I (CPT I) and mRNA levels of CPT I isoforms in yellow catfish Pelteobagrus fulvidraco. Chemosphere. 2013;92:616-25 pubmed publisher
- Qin J, Hao Y, Liu M, Luo J, Luo T, Wei L. Astragalus polysaccharide suppresses skeletal muscle myostatin expression in diabetes: involvement of ROS-ERK and NF-?B pathways. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2013;2013:782497 pubmed publisher..APS is capable of improving insulin sensitivity and decreasing myostatin expression in skeletal muscle through downregulating ROS-ERK-NF-?B pathway. ..
- Wen F, Zheng J, Yu J, Gao M, Gao S, Zhou Y, et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor in the regulation of myoblast proliferation and differentiation. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2016;80:1313-20 pubmed publisher..MIF inhibits the myoblast differentiation by affecting the cell cycle progression, but does not affect proliferation. ..
- Luo Z, Wei C, Ye H, Zhao H, Song Y, Wu K. Effect of dietary choline levels on growth performance, lipid deposition and metabolism in juvenile yellow catfish Pelteobagrus fulvidraco. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;202:1-7 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first to explore the effect of dietary choline level on mRNA expression of these genes, which provides new insights into choline nutrition in fish. ..
- Zhu C, Zhao Z, Guo M, Shao H, Qiu H, Wang D, et al. The mammalian gene ZNF268 is regulated by hUpf1. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2008;73:881-5 pubmed..Direct mutational analysis revealed that the C/EBP site in the promoter region is important for hUpf1 function on ZNF268 promoter. Together our results demonstrated that the mammalian gene ZNF268 is regulated by hUpf1 via its promoter...
- Chen B, Wang W. The expression of cyclins in neurons of rats after focal cerebral ischemia. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2008;28:60-4 pubmed publisher..05). It was concluded that there was a differential sensitivity among neurons from different brain regions to ischemic injury. But all of them re-enter into cell cycle after MCAO. ..
- Liu C, Deng J, Yu L, Ramesh M, Zhou B. Endocrine disruption and reproductive impairment in zebrafish by exposure to 8:2 fluorotelomer alcohol. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;96:70-6 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that waterborne exposure to 8:2 FTOH caused disruption of sex hormone biosynthesis and impaired reproduction in adult zebrafish, ultimately resulting in decreased hatching rates in the offspring. ..
- Yan D, Chen Z. 17?-Estradiol increased the expression of daintain/AIF-1 in RAW264.7 macrophages. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:2103-5 pubmed..The application of ICI 182,780, an estrogen receptor (ER) antagonist, attenuated E2-induced daintain/AIF-1 production, suggesting the involvement of ER in this process. ..
- Wang D, Fang L, Li P, Chen Q, Luo R, Chen H, et al. Molecular cloning of the porcine RANTES promoter: functional characterization of dsDNA/dsRNA response elements in PK-15 cells. Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:345-51 pubmed publisher..In addition, porcine interferon regulatory factor 3 (IRF-3) and IRF-7 play important roles in dsDNA/dsRNA-induced poRANTES expression. ..
- Chu D, Cheng P, Xiong H, Zhang J, Liu S, Hou X. Electroacupuncture at ST-36 relieves visceral hypersensitivity and decreases 5-HT(3) receptor level in the colon in chronic visceral hypersensitivity rats. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2011;26:569-74 pubmed publisher..EA at acupoint ST-36 attenuates CVH in rats and decreases 5-HT(3) receptor level in the colon. Decreased 5-HT(3) receptor level in the colon may mediate the beneficial effect of EA in rats with CVH. ..
- Shang H, Li Q, Feng G, Cui Z. Identification and characterization of alternative promoters, transcripts and protein isoforms of zebrafish R2 gene. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24089 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that multilayered mechanisms control the differential expression and function of zebrafish R2 gene during cell cycle and under genotoxic stress. ..
- Tang L, Wang H, Lu X, Jian X, Jin B, Zheng H, et al. Common genetic risk factors for venous thrombosis in the Chinese population. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;92:177-87 pubmed publisher..This study is the largest genetic investigation of venous thrombosis in the Chinese population. Further study on genetics of thrombosis should focus on resequencing of THBD and other hemostasis genes in different populations. ..
- Zhang L, Hua F, Yuan G, Zhang Y, Chen Z. Sonic hedgehog signaling is critical for cytodifferentiation and cusp formation in developing mouse molars. J Mol Histol. 2008;39:87-94 pubmed..The main cusp height in this group was reduced. The results indicated Shh signaling pathway is critical for odontoblast and ameloblast differentiation and patterns cusp formation. ..
- Zhang F, He Y, Duan Z. Changes of high mobility group box 1 in serum of pig acute hepatic failure model and significance. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2008;28:52-5 pubmed publisher..Artificial liver support system treatment can reduce serum HMGB-1 level and relieve liver pathological damage. ..
- Huang R, Sun X, Hu W, Wang Y, Guo Q. Structure, organization and expression of common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) SLP-76 gene. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2008;24:530-41 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the expression level of SLP-76 gene may be related to thymocyte development in teleosts. ..
- Shan T, Li K, Tang Z, Yang S, Ma Y, Guan W, et al. Full-length coding sequences, polymorphism and chromosomal localizations of the porcine EDG4 and EDG7 genes. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:751-6 pubmed publisher..05) and drip loss percentage (P < 0.05) in the experimental population consisting of Tongcheng, Landrace, Yorkshire and two crossbred porcine populations (Wang et al. Biochem Genet (1-2):51-62, 2007). ..
- Zou R, Xu G, Liu X, Han M, Jiang J, Huang Q, et al. PPARgamma agonists inhibit TGF-beta-PKA signaling in glomerulosclerosis. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010;31:43-50 pubmed publisher..The renal protection provided by PPARgamma agonists is partly mediated via their blockade of TGF-beta/PKA signaling. ..
- Liu W, Zuo H, Chai B, Peng D, Fei Y, Lin J, et al. Role of tetraspanin CD151-?3/?6 integrin complex: Implication in angiogenesis CD151-integrin complex in angiogenesis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:642-50 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that formation of CD151-integrin complex was likely to be a prerequisite for CD151-induced angiogenesis and signaling pathways...
- Liu C, Shi Y, Li H, Wang Y, Yang K. p,p'-DDE disturbs the homeostasis of thyroid hormones via thyroid hormone receptors, transthyretin, and hepatic enzymes. Horm Metab Res. 2011;43:391-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the observed effects in the present study show that p, p'-DDE could disturb the homeostasis of THs via TRs increase, TTR decrease, and hepatic enzymes induction. ..
- Du H, Yao W, Fang M, Wu D. ARF triggers cell G1 arrest by a P53 independent ERK pathway. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;357:415-22 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that ERK1/2 and p21 were activated upon p14ARF induction. Totally, the functional roles of ERK and p21 for ARF in p53-independent tumor suppression were demonstrated. ..
- Yin Y, Chen W, Tang C, Ding H, Jang J, Weng M, et al. NF-?B, JNK and p53 pathways are involved in tubeimoside-1-induced apoptosis in HepG2 cells with oxidative stress and G?/M cell cycle arrest. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011;49:3046-54 pubmed publisher..We provide further insight into the tubeimoside-1 cytotoxic effect for antitumor chemotherapeutic treatment. ..
- Xiao H, Wei H, Yang G, Peng H, Zhang C. [Effects of paeoniflorin on expressions of CTGF, PDGF and TNF-alpha in mice with hepatic fibrosis due to Schistosoma japonicum infection]. Zhongguo Xue Xi Chong Bing Fang Zhi Za Zhi. 2011;23:288-91 pubmed
- Luckheeram R, Zhou R, Verma A, Xia B. CD4?T cells: differentiation and functions. Clin Dev Immunol. 2012;2012:925135 pubmed publisher..This paper will focus on the cytokine-signaling and the network of transcription factors responsible for the differentiation of naive CD4?T cells. ..
- Lv J, Huang R, Li H, Luo D, Liao L, Zhu Z, et al. Cloning and characterization of the grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) Toll-like receptor 22 gene, a fish-specific gene. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:1022-31 pubmed publisher..None of the SNPs was associated with the resistance of grass carp to GCRV. These results suggested a role for CiTLR22 in mediating immune protection against viral infection in grass carp...
- Cheng M, Yang H, Long H, Zhang Y, Chen X, Yang Z, et al. Molecular characterization and transcriptional analysis of fad24 in pigs. Gene. 2012;503:208-14 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide additional information on fad24 that may contribute to understanding the molecular events involved in early adipocyte differentiation. ..