Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cysteine endopeptidases in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Locale: Wuhan, Hubei, China
Topic: cysteine endopeptidases
- Wang D, Fang L, Li K, Zhong H, Fan J, Ouyang C, et al. Foot-and-mouth disease virus 3C protease cleaves NEMO to impair innate immune signaling. J Virol. 2012;86:9311-22 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data identify NEMO as a substrate for FMDV 3C(pro) and reveal a novel mechanism evolved by a picornavirus to counteract innate immune signaling...
- Qian S, Fan W, Liu T, Wu M, Zhang H, Cui X, et al. Seneca Valley Virus Suppresses Host Type I Interferon Production by Targeting Adaptor Proteins MAVS, TRIF, and TANK for Cleavage. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..We also found that SVV is sensitive to IFN-Î². These findings increase our understanding of the interaction between SVV and host innate immunity. ..
- Lin X, Sun R, Zhang F, Gao Y, Bin L, Lan K. The Latency-Associated Nuclear Antigen of Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Inhibits Expression of SUMO/Sentrin-Specific Peptidase 6 To Facilitate Establishment of Latency. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This delicate regulation may provide important insights to explain the abundance of LANA during KSHV latency. ..
- Hu P, Huang P, Chen M. Curcumin reduces Streptococcus mutans biofilm formation by inhibiting sortase A activity. Arch Oral Biol. 2013;58:1343-8 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the inhibitory ability of curcumin against S. mutans sortase A and the effect of curcumin for biofilm formation...
- Hu M, Liao C, Yang Q, Xie X, Shu H. Innate immunity to RNA virus is regulated by temporal and reversible sumoylation of RIG-I and MDA5. J Exp Med. 2017;214:973-989 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that dynamic sumoylation and desumoylation of MDA5 and RIG-I modulate efficient innate immunity to RNA virus and its timely termination. ..
- Zhang Z, Kang S, Liu X, Ahn E, Zhang Z, He L, et al. Asparagine endopeptidase cleaves α-synuclein and mediates pathologic activities in Parkinson's disease. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2017;24:632-642 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings support AEP's role as a key mediator of α-synuclein-related etiopathological effects in PD. ..