Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Anyang, Henan Sheng, China
Locale: Anyang, Henan Sheng, China
- Doan H, Noh J, Choe S, Yoo M, Kim Y, Reddy K, et al. Molecular detection and phylogenetic analysis of Anaplasma bovis from Haemaphysalis longicornis feeding on grazing cattle in Korea. Vet Parasitol. 2013;196:478-81 pubmed publisher..4-100%. Two of the four genotypes had high similarity (99.8-100%) with known sequences. The other two genotypes have never been identified. ..
- Zhang Y, Kuang M, Yang W, Xu H, Zhou D, Wang Y, et al. Construction of a primary DNA fingerprint database for cotton cultivars. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:1897-906 pubmed publisher..46% DNA homozygous ratio. The lowest occurred in a group of 2010 leading cultivars with a homozygous ratio of 63.04%. Genetic diversity of the 132 species was briefly analyzed using unweighted pair-group method with arithmetic means. ..
- Wang K, Wang Z, Li F, Ye W, Wang J, Song G, et al. The draft genome of a diploid cotton Gossypium raimondii. Nat Genet. 2012;44:1098-103 pubmed publisher..Cotton, and probably Theobroma cacao, are the only sequenced plant species that possess an authentic CDN1 gene family for gossypol biosynthesis, as revealed by phylogenetic analysis...
- An D, Jeoung H, Jeong W, Lee H, Park J, Kim B. Porcine kobuvirus from pig stool in Korea. Virus Genes. 2011;42:208-11 pubmed publisher..Piglets under the age of 3 weeks were the main age group infected with porcine kobuvirus, which is the general case for other species of kobuviruses...
- An D, Yoon S, Park J, No I, Park B. Phylogenetic characterization of canine distemper virus isolates from naturally infected dogs and a marten in Korea. Vet Microbiol. 2008;132:389-95 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the 9 H protein sequences of 12 Asia 2 strains had eight potential N-linked glycosylation sites. The remaining strains had six (98Marten and 07D111) and seven (97Jindo) potential N-linked glycosylation sites...
- Kim M, Kwon Y, Joh S, Kim S, Tolf C, Kim J, et al. Recent Korean isolates of duck hepatitis virus reveal the presence of a new geno- and serotype when compared to duck hepatitis virus type 1 type strains. Arch Virol. 2007;152:2059-72 pubmed..These results demonstrated that the two genotypes also could be regarded as two different serotypes...
- Fang L, Gong H, Hu Y, Liu C, Zhou B, Huang T, et al. Genomic insights into divergence and dual domestication of cultivated allotetraploid cottons. Genome Biol. 2017;18:33 pubmed publisher..hirsutum and G. barbadense and between wild accessions and modern cultivars. These results provide genomic bases for improving cotton production and for further evolution analysis of polyploid crops. ..
- Chen Z, Grover C, Li P, Wang Y, Nie H, Zhao Y, et al. Molecular evolution of the plastid genome during diversification of the cotton genus. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2017;112:268-276 pubmed publisher..This research provides an overview of the molecular evolution of a single, large non-recombining molecular during the diversification of this important genus. ..
- Li F, Fan G, Wang K, Sun F, Yuan Y, Song G, et al. Genome sequence of the cultivated cotton Gossypium arboreum. Nat Genet. 2014;46:567-72 pubmed publisher..Comparative transcriptome studies showed the key role of the nucleotide binding site (NBS)-encoding gene family in resistance to Verticillium dahliae and the involvement of ethylene in the development of cotton fiber cells...
- Fang L, Wang Q, Hu Y, Jia Y, Chen J, Liu B, et al. Genomic analyses in cotton identify signatures of selection and loci associated with fiber quality and yield traits. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1089-1098 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a genomic basis for improving cotton cultivars and for further evolutionary analysis of polyploid crops. ..
- Yang D, Kim B, Kweon C, Kwon J, Lim S, Han H. Molecular characterization of full-length genome of Japanese encephalitis virus (KV1899) isolated from pigs in Korea. J Vet Sci. 2004;5:197-205 pubmed..1%. The prM gene of the isolate was closely related with those of Ishikawa and K94P05 strains, which were grouped into genotype I of JEV. ..
- Byun J, Jung B, Kim H, Fairbrother J, Lee M, Lee W. Real-time PCR for differentiation of F18 variants among enterotoxigenic and Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli from piglets with diarrhoea and oedema disease. Vet J. 2013;198:538-40 pubmed publisher..Of 94 Korean isolates of E. coli encoding F18, 70 were F18ac (43 STEC/ETEC, 4 STEC and 23 ETEC), 15 were F18ab (all STEC) and nine were F18new variant (1 STEC/ETEC, 7 STEC, 1 ETEC). ..
- Kim J, Her M, Kang S, Lee K, Lee H, Jung S. Epidemiologic relatedness between Brucella abortus isolates from livestock and wildlife in South Korea. J Wildl Dis. 2013;49:451-4 pubmed publisher..Control measures are necessary to be able to block the transmission of Brucella between domestic and wild animals, and continuous monitoring of wildlife will be necessary to eradicate brucellosis in South Korea. ..
- Yang D, Park Y, Hong G, Kang H, Oh Y, Cho S, et al. Molecular characterization of Korean rabies virus isolates. J Vet Sci. 2011;12:57-63 pubmed..Genetic analysis of the Korean RABV isolates revealed no substitutions at several antigenic sites, indicating that the isolates circulating in Korea may be pathogenic in several hosts...
- Kim S, Roh I, Choi E, Lee C, Lee C, Lee K, et al. A molecular analysis of European porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus isolated in South Korea. Vet Microbiol. 2010;143:394-400 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, those findings suggest that the Korean type 1 PRRSV may have undergone a high degree of variations since EU genotype virus was first detected. ..
- Joh S, Shon C, Kang S, Kim B, Jeong B, Lee K, et al. Molecular characterization and genogrouping of VP1 of aquatic birnavirus GC1 isolated from rockfish Sebastes schlegeli in Korea. J Vet Sci. 2008;9:85-90 pubmed..Avibirnaviruses and entomobirnaviruses were included in genogroup 3 and 4, respectively...
- Oem J, Yoon H, Kim H, Roh I, Lee K, Lee O, et al. Genetic and pathogenic characterization of Akabane viruses isolated from cattle with encephalomyelitis in Korea. Vet Microbiol. 2012;158:259-66 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that these isolates most likely had originated from the Iriki strain and are closely related to the Iriki strain both genetically and pathogenically...
- Lee D, Shrestha S, Kim A, Park S, Yang C, Kim Y, et al. RNA interference of pheromone biosynthesis-activating neuropeptide receptor suppresses mating behavior by inhibiting sex pheromone production in Plutella xylostella (L.). Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;41:236-43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the identified PBAN receptor is functional in PBAN signaling via calcium secondary messenger, which leads to activation of pheromone biosynthesis and male attraction. ..