Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in Zhengzhou, Henan Sheng, China
Locale: Zhengzhou, Henan Sheng, China
- Qin Y, Zhao J, Bao Z, Zhu Z, Mai J, Huang Y, et al. Identification of small non-coding RNAs in the planarian Dugesia japonica via deep sequencing. Genomics. 2012;99:315-21 pubmed publisher..Similar to miRNAs, a diverse population of piRNAs and changes in the two samples are also listed. The present study is the first to report on the important role of sRNAs during planarian Dugesia japonica regeneration. ..
- Ba Q, Cui C, Wen L, Feng S, Zhou J, Yang K. Schisandrin B shows neuroprotective effect in 6-OHDA-induced Parkinson's disease via inhibiting the negative modulation of miR-34a on Nrf2 pathway. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;75:165-72 pubmed publisher..Sch B showed neuroprotective effect in 6-OHDA-induced PD pathogenesis, which could be inhibited by miR-34a, involving the negative regulatory mechanism of miR-34a on Nrf2 pathways. ..
- Shi W, Liu Z, Wang H, Wu D, Zhang H, Xiao H, et al. Integrated miRNA and mRNA expression profiling in fetal hippocampus with Down syndrome. J Biomed Sci. 2016;23:48 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a clue to study the underlying molecular mechanisms in DS patients, and its potential contribution in improving understanding of intellectual disability development in DS patients. ..
- Chunjie N, Huijuan N, Zhao Y, Jianzhao W, Xiaojian Z. Disease-specific signature of serum miR-20b and its targets IL-8 and IL-25, in myasthenia gravis patients. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2015;26:61-6 pubmed publisher..Both of these are increased in MG and correlate negatively with miR-20b. Furthermore, IL-8 and IL-25 levels are decreased following treatment with prednisone acetate. Our data suggest that miR-20b might be a potential biomarker for MG. ..
- Li N, Zhang F, Li S, Zhou S. Epigenetic silencing of MicroRNA-503 regulates FANCA expression in non-small cell lung cancer cell. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:611-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that miR-503 regulates the resistance of non-small cell lung cancer cells to cisplatin at least in part by targeting FANCA. ..
- Wen L, Andersen P, Husum D, Nørregaard R, Zhao Z, Liu Z, et al. MicroRNA-148b regulates megalin expression and is associated with receptor downregulation in mice with unilateral ureteral obstruction. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F210-F217 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the identification of a miRNA regulating megalin expression may allow for targeted interventions to modulate megalin function and proximal tubule uptake of proteins, as well as other ligands. ..
- Ma Z, Li H, Zheng H, Jiang K, Yan F, Tian Y, et al. Hepatic ELOVL6 mRNA is regulated by the gga-miR-22-3p in egg-laying hen. Gene. 2017;623:72-79 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we concluded that miR-22-3p might involve in controlling the hepatic lipid composition through affecting the expression of ELOVL6 gene, and could serve as a regulator of lipid metabolism in the liver of egg-laying hen. ..
- Cao Y, Zhao D, Li P, Wang L, Qiao B, Qin X, et al. MicroRNA-181a-5p Impedes IL-17-Induced Nonsmall Cell Lung Cancer Proliferation and Migration through Targeting VCAM-1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:346-356 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show the regulation of VCAM-1 expression by miR-181a-5p under IL-17 exposure, predicting a potential way for counteracting cancer metastasis. ..
- Cheng L, Wang H, Han S. MiR-3910 Promotes the Growth and Migration of Cancer Cells in the Progression of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:2812-2820 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrated that miR-3910 exerted oncogenic effects on the progression of HCC and suggested that miR-3910 might be a therapeutic target for cancer therapy. ..
- Yang Y, Chen X, Chen J, Xu H, Li J, Zhang Z. Differential miRNA expression in Rehmannia glutinosa plants subjected to continuous cropping. BMC Plant Biol. 2011;11:53 pubmed publisher..While there is some information available describing the physiological and environmental causes of this yield decline, there is as yet no data regarding the changes in gene expression which occur when the species is continuously cropped...
- Sun J, Fan Z, Lu S, Yang J, Hao T, Huo Q. MiR-192 suppresses the tumorigenicity of prostate cancer cells by targeting and inhibiting nin one binding protein. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:485-92 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that targeting miR-192 and NOB1 is a novel strategy which will assist in the development of new therapeutics that will be used in the future to prevent and treat prostate cancer. ..
- Sun H, Wang P, Zhang Q, He X, Zai G, Wang X, et al. MicroRNAâ€‘21 expression is associated with the clinical features of patients with gastric carcinoma and affects the proliferation, invasion and migration of gastric cancer cells by regulating Noxa. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:2701-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, high levels of miRâ€‘21 expression may induce gastric cancer migration and invasion via the downregulation of Noxa expression. ..
- Song L, Zhang W, Chang Z, Pan Y, Zong H, Fan Q, et al. miR-4417 Targets Tripartite Motif-Containing 35 (TRIM35) and Regulates Pyruvate Kinase Muscle 2 (PKM2) Phosphorylation to Promote Proliferation and Suppress Apoptosis in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells. Med Sci Monit. 2017;23:1741-1750 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS Our findings indicate that miR-4417 may function as an oncogene in HCC and is a potential alternative therapeutic target for this deadly disease. ..
- Xiang Y, Liao X, Yao A, Qin H, Fan L, Li J, et al. MRTF-A-miR-206-WDR1 form feedback loop to regulate breast cancer cell migration. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:394-404 pubmed publisher..Our data thus provide important and novel insights into MRTF-A-miR-206-WDR1 form feedback loop to regulate breast cancer cell migration. ..
- Zhang Y, Shi J, Song C, Wang P, Dai L, Zhang J, et al. Association of mir-499 and mir-149 polymorphisms with cancer risk in the Chinese population: evidence from published studies. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:2337-42 pubmed..This meta-analysis suggested that the rs3746444 GG genotype is associated with increased cancer risk, especially liver cancer, while the rs2292832 polymorphism showed no association with cancer risk in Chinese. ..
- Jing L, Jia Y, Lu J, Han R, Li J, Wang S, et al. MicroRNA-9 promotes differentiation of mouse bone mesenchymal stem cells into neurons by Notch signaling. Neuroreport. 2011;22:206-11 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that microRNA-9 might promote MSC neuronal differentiation by modulating the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Zhang S, Liu C, Li L, Sun T, Luo Y, Yun W, et al. Examination of artificial MiRNA mimics with centered-site complementarity for gene targeting. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72062 pubmed publisher..CS-miR-Mimics may be a novel approach for miRNA research requiring miRNA gain-of-function. ..
- Dai X, Zhang W, Zhang H, Sun S, Yu H, Guo Y, et al. Modulation of HBV replication by microRNA-15b through targeting hepatocyte nuclear factor 1?. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:6578-90 pubmed publisher..This work adds to the body of knowledge concerning the complex interactions between HBV and host miRNAs. ..
- Xia Z, Ding D, Zhang N, Wang J, Yang H, Zhang D. MicroRNA-211 causes ganglion cell dysplasia in congenital intestinal atresia via down-regulation of glial-derived neurotrophic factor. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2016;28:186-95 pubmed publisher..The findings elucidate the role of miRNA in congenital intestinal atresia. ..
- Zhang R, Leng H, Huang J, Du Y, Wang Y, Zang W, et al. miR-337 regulates the proliferation and invasion in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma by targeting HOXB7. Diagn Pathol. 2014;9:171 pubmed publisher..The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/13000_2014_171. ..
- YANG H, Chen Y, Gao C, Cui Z, Yao J. Protective Effects of MicroRNA-126 on Human Cardiac Microvascular Endothelial Cells Against Hypoxia/Reoxygenation-Induced Injury and Inflammatory Response by Activating PI3K/Akt/eNOS Signaling Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:506-518 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that miR-126 protects HCMECs from H/R-induced injury and inflammatory response by activating the PI3K/Akt/ eNOS signaling pathway. ..
- Wang Q, Wang S, Wang H, Li P, Ma Z. MicroRNAs: novel biomarkers for lung cancer diagnosis, prediction and treatment. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2012;237:227-35 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the current knowledge of miRNAs, their roles in lung cancer and avenues for future research. ..
- Teng M, Yu Z, Zhao P, Zhuang G, Wu Z, Dang L, et al. Putative roles as oncogene or tumour suppressor of the Mid-clustered microRNAs in Gallid alphaherpesvirus 2 (GaHV2) induced Marek's disease lymphomagenesis. J Gen Virol. 2017;98:1097-1112 pubmed publisher..We report here that members of the Mid-clustered miRNAs, miR-M31-3p and miR-M11-5p, potentially act either as oncogene or tumour suppressor in MD lymphomagenesis. ..
- Han R, Kan Q, Sun Y, Wang S, Zhang G, Peng T, et al. MiR-9 promotes the neural differentiation of mouse bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells via targeting zinc finger protein 521. Neurosci Lett. 2012;515:147-52 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found the expression of Zfp521 declined with the neural differentiation of MSCs, and miR-9 could promote the neural differentiation via targeting Zfp521. ..
- Wang N, Zhang C, He J, Duan X, Wang Y, Ji X, et al. MiR-21 down-regulation suppresses cell growth, invasion and induces cell apoptosis by targeting FASL, TIMP3, and RECK genes in esophageal carcinoma. Dig Dis Sci. 2013;58:1863-70 pubmed publisher..FASL, TIMP3 and RECK are direct targets of miR-21. miR-21 down-regulation inhibits cell growth, invasion and induces cells to apoptosis by targeting FASL, TIMP3 and RECK genes. ..
- Zhang W, Shu L. Upregulation of miR-21 by Ghrelin Ameliorates Ischemia/Reperfusion-Induced Acute Kidney Injury by Inhibiting Inflammation and Cell Apoptosis. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:417-25 pubmed publisher..Our research identifies that ghrelin can ameliorate I/R-induced AKI by upregulating miR-21, which advances the understanding of mechanisms by which ghrelin ameliorates I/R-induced AKI. ..
- Wang Y, Dong X, Hu B, Wang X, Wang Q, Wang W. The effects of Micro-429 on inhibition of cervical cancer cells through targeting ZEB1 and CRKL. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;80:311-321 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that miR-429 plays a pivotal role in cervical cancer progression, which is a potential therapeutic target for patients. ..
- Yan P, Xia M, Gao F, Tang G, Zeng H, Yang S, et al. Predictive role of miR-146a rs2910164 (C>G), miR-149 rs2292832 (T>C), miR-196a2 rs11614913 (T>C) and miR-499 rs3746444 (T>C) in the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15177-83 pubmed..69, 95% CI=1.19-2.41) compared to the wide-type genotype. In conclusion, our results suggested that miR-196a2 T>C polymorphism is associated with HCC risk in Chinese population. ..
- Wang F, Li L, Chen Z, Zhu M, Gu Y. MicroRNA-214 acts as a potential oncogene in breast cancer by targeting the PTEN-PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:1421-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, pharmaceutical interventions targeting miRâ€‘124 may provide a promising therapeutic strategy for the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Li X, Lin R, Li J. Epigenetic silencing of microRNA-375 regulates PDK1 expression in esophageal cancer. Dig Dis Sci. 2011;56:2849-56 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the miR-375 expression was found to be inversely correlated with PDK1 expression in esophageal cancer. Thus, miR-375 is frequently down-regulated in esophageal cancer and is a negative regulator of PDK1. ..
- Zhu D, Li X, Qi Y, Liu D, Yang Y, Zhao J, et al. MiR-454 promotes the progression of human non-small cell lung cancer and directly targets PTEN. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;81:79-85 pubmed publisher..Further, PTEN was confirmed as a direct target of miR-454 by using Luciferase Reporter Assay. These findings indicate that miR-454 may act as an oncogene in NSCLC and would serve as a potential therapy target for this disease. ..
- Sun Z, Wang Y, Han X, Zhao X, Peng Y, Li Y, et al. miR-150 inhibits terminal erythroid proliferation and differentiation. Oncotarget. 2015;6:43033-47 pubmed publisher..This is the first report highlighting the relationship between miRNA and membrane protein and enhancing our understanding of how miRNA works in the hematopoietic system. ..
- Shen Y, Ye Y, Ruan L, Bao L, Wu M, Zhou Y. Inhibition of miR-660-5p expression suppresses tumor development and metastasis in human breast cancer. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-660-5p can regulate the proliferation, migration, and invasion of human breast cancer cells, and is a novel potential therapeutic target for the clinical treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Dong S, Yin H, Dong C, Sun K, Lv P, Meng W, et al. Predictive Value of Plasma MicroRNA-216a/b in the Diagnosis of Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Dis Markers. 2016;2016:1857067 pubmed publisher..Our study, for the first time, demonstrated that plasma miRNA-216a/b might serve as potential biomarkers for the diagnosis of ESCC and dysregulation of miRNA-216a/b might be involved in the progression of ESCC. ..
- Liu S, Gao L, Wang X, Xing Y. Respiratory syncytial virus infection inhibits TLR4 signaling via up-regulation of miR-26b. Cell Biol Int. 2015;39:1376-83 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that RSV infection inhibits TLR4 signaling via up-regulation of miR-26b, which provides a potential therapeutic target for preventing and treating RSV infection. ..
- Lu P, Gu Y, Li L, Wang F, Qiu X. miR-544a Promotes Breast Cancer Cell Migration and Invasion Reducing Cadherin 1 Expression. Oncol Res. 2016;23:165-70 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that the overexpressed miR-544a may be a promoter for breast cancer migration and invasion by targeting CDH1. ..
- Liu L, Ren W, Chen K. MiR-34a Promotes Apoptosis and Inhibits Autophagy by Targeting HMGB1 in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1981-1992 pubmed publisher..MiR-34a promoted cell apoptosis and inhibited autophagy by targeting HMGB1. Therefore, miR-34a may be a potential promising molecular target for AML therapy. ..
- Su Y, Zhou Z, Yang K, Wang X, Zhu Y, Fa X. MIR-142-5p and miR-9 may be involved in squamous lung cancer by regulating cell cycle related genes. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2013;17:3213-20 pubmed..These DEGs may be involved in pathogenesis of SLC and some of them could be potential biomarkers. Besides, MIR-142-5p and miR-9 may be utilized to treat SLC as they could modulate cell cycle. ..
- Fu Q, Cheng J, Zhang J, Zhang Y, Chen X, Xie J, et al. [MiR-145 inhibits drug resistance to Oxaliplatin in colorectal cancer cells through regulating G protein coupled receptor 98]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;20:566-570 pubmed..41±0.16 vs. 1.98±0.13, P<0.05). MiR-145 inhibits drug resistance to L-OHP of HCT116 cells through suppressing the expression of target gene GPR98. ..
- Guo H, Kan Y, Liu W. Differential expression of miRNAs in response to topping in flue-cured tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) roots. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28565 pubmed publisher..Further identification of these differentially expressed miRNAs and their targets would allow better understanding of the regulatory mechanisms for flue-cured tobacco response to topping. ..
- Zhang Y, Wei Q, Ding W, Zhang L, Wang H, Zhu Y, et al. Increased microRNA-93-5p inhibits osteogenic differentiation by targeting bone morphogenetic protein-2. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182678 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that increased miR-93-5p in TIONFH patients inhibited osteogenic differentiation, which may be associated with BMP-2 reduction. Therefore, miR-93-5p may be a potential target for prevention of TIONFH. ..
- An X, Song Y, Hou J, Zhang Y, Chen K, Ma H, et al. Chi-miR-4110 promotes granulosa cell apoptosis by targeting Sma- and Mad-related protein 2 (Smad2) in the caprine ovary. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181162 pubmed publisher..Our findings may provide relevant data for the investigation of miRNA-mediated regulation of ovarian functions. ..
- Sun L, Dong S, Dong C, Sun K, Meng W, Lv P, et al. Predictive value of plasma miRNA-718 for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Biomark. 2016;16:265-73 pubmed publisher..689 and 0.620 for the detection of ESCC patients, early patients with Tis-T1 or early patients with TNM 0-I, respectively. Plasma miRNA-718 is downregulated in ESCC patients and might serve as a potential diagnostic marker for ESCC. ..
- Zhou Y, Chen K, Gao J, Han R, Lu J, Peng T, et al. [miR-124-1 promotes neural differentiation of rat bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2012;14:215-20 pubmed..01). The expression of GFAP in the three groups was weak (<1%). miR-124 might promote neuronal differentiation of rat MSCs. ..
- Ou C, Sun Z, Li X, Li X, Ren W, Qin Z, et al. MiR-590-5p, a density-sensitive microRNA, inhibits tumorigenesis by targeting YAP1 in colorectal cancer. Cancer Lett. 2017;399:53-63 pubmed publisher..Identification of this cell density-sensitive, DICER1-miR-590-5p-YAP1 axis may provide a basis for developing new biomarkers or targeted therapies for CRC. ..
- Zhu H, Wang L, Wang M, Song B, Tan S, Teng J, et al. MicroRNA-195 downregulates Alzheimer's disease amyloid-? production by targeting BACE1. Brain Res Bull. 2012;88:596-601 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrated that miR-195 could downregulate the level of A? by inhibiting the translation of BACE1. We conclude that miR-195 might provide a therapeutic strategy for AD. ..
- Zou H, Zhao Y. Positive association between miR-499A>G and hepatocellular carcinoma risk in a Chinese population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:1769-72 pubmed..09, 95%CI= 0.02-0.29). In conclusion, the MiR-499A>G rs3746444 polymorphism is associated with HCC risk in the Chinese population, and may be useful predictive marker for CAD susceptibility. ..
- Wang J, Luo H, Xiao Y, Wang L. miR-125b inhibits keratinocyte proliferation and promotes keratinocyte apoptosis in oral lichen planus by targeting MMP-2 expression through PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;80:373-380 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data confirm that miR-125b might inhibit keratinocyte proliferation and promote keratinocyte apoptosis in OLP pathogenesis by targeting MMP-2 through PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway. ..
- Han M, Wang F, Gu Y, Pei X, Ge X, Guo G, et al. MicroR-760 suppresses cancer stem cell subpopulation and breast cancer cell proliferation and metastasis: By down-regulating NANOG. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;80:304-310 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the target of miR-760/NANOG axis may represent a new therapeutic approach to suppress breast cancer stem cell subpopulation thereby prevent cancer metastasis. ..