Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on risk factors in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Locale: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Topic: risk factors
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- Wang X, Zhang J, Du X, Song M, Jia C, Liu H. Association of A561C and G98T polymorphisms in E-selectin gene with coronary artery disease: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79301 pubmed publisher..Future investigations with multicenter, large-scale, and multi-ethnic groups are needed. ..
- Wei X, Li Z, Chen W, Mao H, Li Z, Dong X, et al. Prevalence and risk factors of chronic kidney disease in first-degree relatives of chronic kidney disease patients in Southern China. Nephrology (Carlton). 2012;17:123-30 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to estimate the prevalence and risk factors of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in first-degree relatives (FDRs) of CKD patients...
- Hou X, Li Y, Luo R, Fu J, He J, Zhang L, et al. High expression of the transcriptional co-activator p300 predicts poor survival in resectable non-small cell lung cancers. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2012;38:523-30 pubmed publisher..The combination of clinicopathological TNM staging classification with p300 expression may be useful in identifying patients with increased risk of cancer recurrence to provide them with tailored therapy. ..
- Zhu X, Chen M, Tian L, Li D, Xu P, Lin M, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism of rs430397 in the fifth intron of GRP78 gene and clinical relevance of primary hepatocellular carcinoma in Han Chinese: risk and prognosis. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1352-7 pubmed publisher..Like HBV and cirrhosis, the rs430397 is an independent prognostic factor influencing the survival of HCC. In conclusion, allele A and genotypes AA and AG of rs430397 may represent high risk and poor prognosis for HCC. ..
- Chen Z, Xu L, Su T, Ke Z, Peng Z, Zhang N, et al. Autocrine STIP1 signaling promotes tumor growth and is associated with disease outcome in hepatocellular carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:365-372 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, STIP1 is upregulated in HCC and associated with poor clinical prognosis. Blocking STIP1 activity suppresses HCC cell growth, providing the rationale for STIP1 as a potential therapeutic target in HCC. ..
- Zhang Z, Li C, Zhao X, Lv C, He Q, Lei S, et al. Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies associate with phenotypes and higher risk for surgery in Crohn's disease: a meta-analysis. Dig Dis Sci. 2012;57:2944-54 pubmed publisher..16, 0.80-1.69, P = 0.44). This meta-analysis indicated that positive ASCA status is a risk factor for early-onset age, ileal involvement, complicated behavior, perianal disease and requirement for surgery in CD. ..
- Zeng G, Sun B, Zhong N. Non-smoking-related chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a neglected entity?. Respirology. 2012;17:908-12 pubmed publisher..More investigations and efforts are required to elucidate the involved factors and their shared contributions to non-smoking-related COPD so as to achieve better estimation and reduction of the burden of this neglected entity worldwide. ..
- Tang L, Chen Q, Fan W, Liu H, Zhang L, Guo L, et al. Prospective study of tailoring whole-body dual-modality [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography with plasma Epstein-Barr virus DNA for detecting distant metastasis in endemic nasopharyngeal carcinoma at initial stagin. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:2861-9 pubmed publisher..PET/CT detects more distant metastases than conventional staging in patients with NPC. The largest benefit in terms of cost and patient management was observed in the subgroup with N2-3 disease and EBV DNA ? 4,000 copies/mL. ..
- Sha J, Li Y, Chen X, Hu Y, Ren Y, Geng X, et al. Fatality risks for nosocomial outbreaks of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in the Middle East and South Korea. Arch Virol. 2017;162:33-44 pubmed publisher..4 days [0-14], p = 0.009). Thus, older age, pre-existing concurrent diseases, and delayed confirmation increase the odds of a fatal outcome in nosocomial MERS-CoV outbreaks in the Middle East and South Korea. ..
- Mao K, Yang Y, Wu W, Liang S, Deng H, Liu J. Risk of second breast cancers after lobular carcinoma in situ according to hormone receptor status. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176417 pubmed publisher..These findings warrant intensive surveillance for second breast cancers in HR- LCIS survivors. ..
- Zhang C, Zhan W, He Y, Chen C, Huang M, Cai S. Spleen preservation in radical surgery for gastric cardia cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2007;14:1312-9 pubmed..However, the long-term effect of splenectomy on patient survival is controversial. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of spleen preservation on survival following radical resection for gastric cardia cancer...
- Wen Y, Qi B, Liu H, Mo H, Chen Q, Li J, et al. Polymorphisms in the endothelin-1 and endothelin a receptor genes and survival in patients with locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:2451-8 pubmed publisher..The analysis of EDNRA/H323H polymorphism may help identify patient subgroups at high risk for poor disease outcome. ..
- Chen B, Wei F, Ueyama K, Xie D, Sannohe A, Liu S. Adjacent segment degeneration after single-segment PLIF: the risk factor for degeneration and its impact on clinical outcomes. Eur Spine J. 2011;20:1946-50 pubmed publisher..Age was a risk factor for radiologic degeneration, however, there was no significant correlation between degeneration and preoperative radiologic factors and bone mineral density (BMD). ..
- Zhao R, Wu J, Jia W, Gong C, Yu F, Ren Z, et al. Plasma miR-221 as a predictive biomarker for chemoresistance in breast cancer patients who previously received neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Onkologie. 2011;34:675-80 pubmed publisher..044) but not in the pathologic complete response rate (p = 0.477). Our results indicate that plasma miR-221 may be a predictive biomarker for sensitivity to NAC in breast cancer patients. ..
- Gong S, Guo H, Zhou H, Chen L, Yu Y. Morbidity and risk factors for surgical site infection following cesarean section in Guangdong Province, China. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2012;38:509-15 pubmed publisher..Obesity, premature rupture of membranes, lower preoperative hemoglobin, prolonged surgery, lack of prophylactic antibiotics and excessive anal examinations during hospitalization are considered to be independent risk factors. ..
- Wu S, Lin X, Cheng Y, Qiang C, Zhang J. Early repolarization pattern and risk for arrhythmia death: a meta-analysis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61:645-50 pubmed publisher..The ERP was associated with increased risk and a low to intermediate absolute incidence rate of arrhythmia death. Further study is needed to clarify which subgroups of subjects with the ERP are at higher risk for arrhythmia death. ..
- Ni M, Jiang C, Cheng K, Zhang W, Gilman S, Lam T, et al. Stress across the life course and depression in a rapidly developing population: the Guangzhou Biobank Cohort Study. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2016;31:629-37 pubmed publisher..This is consistent with evidence from Western settings in which the social context of risk and protective factors for depression may differ and implies that the role of stress in the aetiology of depression is not context specific. ..
- Au Yeung S, Cheng K, Zhao J, Zhang W, Jiang C, Lam T, et al. Genetically predicted 17beta-estradiol and cardiovascular risk factors in women: a Mendelian randomization analysis using young women in Hong Kong and older women in the Guangzhou Biobank Cohort Study. Ann Epidemiol. 2016;26:171-5 pubmed publisher..01, 95% confidence interval = -1.34 to 1.31). Lifetime exposure to estrogen does not appear to be cardioprotective via the cardiovascular disease-related risk factors examined. ..
- He D, Chen D, Li X, Hu Z, Yu Z, Wang W, et al. The comparisons of phenotype and genotype between CADASIL and CADASIL-like patients and population-specific evaluation of CADASIL scale in China. J Headache Pain. 2016;17:55 pubmed publisher..Gene testing by encephalopathy gene panel is expected to improve the accuracy of CADASIL differential diagnosis and increase the understanding of this disease in the future. ..
- Song L, Yan W, Deng M, Song S, Zhang J, Zhao T. Aberrations in the fragile histidine triad(FHIT) gene may be involved in lung carcinogenesis in patients with chronic pulmonary tuberculosis. Tumour Biol. 2004;25:270-5 pubmed..Our findings suggest that allelic loss of the FHIT gene may be involved in carcinogenesis in the lung of patients with PT. ..
- Wu D, Jia C, Chen J, Lin Z, Ruan D, Li X, et al. Autophagic LC3B overexpression correlates with malignant progression and predicts a poor prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12225-33 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that high expression of LC3B, correlated with vascular invasion and lymph node metastasis, might be a novel prognostic biomarker and would be a potential therapy target for HCC, especially in operable patients. ..
- Chen Q, Chen H, Huang K, Zhong Y, Han J, Zhu Z, et al. Clinical features and risk factors of patients with fatty liver in Guangzhou area. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:899-902 pubmed..The mildly abnormal hepatic functions can be found in patients with fatty liver. More obvious damages of liver function with AST/ALT usually more than 2 were noted in patients with AFL. ..
- Zhou Y, Li Y, Nie Y, Ma J, Lu L, Shi S, et al. Prevalence of fatty liver disease and its risk factors in the population of South China. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:6419-24 pubmed..FLD, especially NAFLD, is prevalent in South China. There are many risk factors for FLD. ..
- Jia W, Qin H. Non-viral environmental risk factors for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a systematic review. Semin Cancer Biol. 2012;22:117-26 pubmed publisher..Finally, we propose a modified model for the pathogenesis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma based on the current knowledge. ..
- Xiang F, He M, Morgan I. The impact of severity of parental myopia on myopia in Chinese children. Optom Vis Sci. 2012;89:884-91 pubmed publisher..This suggests that while genetic factors contribute to the development of more severe myopia, environmental factors also contribute to high myopia in children in Guangzhou. ..
- Fang Y, Zhang L, Wu X, Lu Z, Li J, Ou Q, et al. Impact of ER? and CD44 expression on the prognosis of patients with stage II colon cancer. Tumour Biol. 2012;33:1907-14 pubmed publisher..This study suggest that low expression of ER?-tumor and high expression of CD44-tumor are risk factors for overall survival in patients with stage II colon cancer. ..
- Lu Y, Chen Y, Xiao X, Liang X, Li J, Huang S, et al. [Impact of maternal hepatitis B surface antigen carrier status on preterm delivery in southern China]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2012;32:1369-72 pubmed..HBsAg carrier status can increase the risk of preterm delivery in pregnancy, but it does not seem to affect the fetal growth. ..
- Luo C, Zhang J, Pan J. One-year course and effects of insomnia in rural Chinese adolescents. Sleep. 2013;36:377-84 pubmed publisher..There are bidirectional associations of insomnia with depression and anxiety but not sleepiness. Luo C; Zhang J; Pan J. One-year course and effects of insomnia in rural Chinese adolescents. SLEEP 2013;36(3):377-384. ..
- Zhou Y, Zhou Q, Lin Q, Chen R, Gong Y, Liu Y, et al. Evaluation of risk factors for extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: ABO blood group, hepatitis B virus and their synergism. Int J Cancer. 2013;133:1867-75 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests an association between A blood type, HBV infection and ECC risk, and a synergism between A blood type and HBV infection in the development of ECC. ..
- Li Y, Li Z, Wang S, Chang G, Wu R, Hu Z, et al. Endovascular versus Open Surgery Repair of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms in Hemodynamically Unstable Patients: Literature Review and Meta-Analysis. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;32:135-44 pubmed publisher..The findings from our meta-analysis support EVAR in properly selective rAAA patients. ..
- Zhou Y, Li Y, Zhou T, Zheng J, Li S, Li H. Dietary Natural Products for Prevention and Treatment of Liver Cancer. Nutrients. 2016;8:156 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the potential prevention and treatment activities of dietary natural products and their major bioactive constituents on liver cancer, and discusses possible mechanisms of action. ..
- Xia X, Zhang X, Xia H. A study of factors related to the incidence of cataract in patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Yan Ke Xue Bao. 2001;17:180-2 pubmed..This study indicates that prolongation of the duration of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, renal dysfunction, as well as poor blood glucose control, may accelerate the development of cataract. ..
- Wang A, Liao X, Xiong L, Peng S, Xiao Y, Liu S, et al. The clinical overlap between functional dyspepsia and irritable bowel syndrome based on Rome III criteria. BMC Gastroenterol. 2008;8:43 pubmed publisher..One risk factor for FD-IBS overlap is the presence of postprandial fullness symptom. This study provides clues for future pathophysiological studies of FD and IBS. ..
- Huang J, Zhu Y, Xia Y, Zhao W, Lin T, Jiang W, et al. A novel prognostic model for extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma. Med Oncol. 2012;29:2183-90 pubmed publisher..It may be useful to stratify patients with extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma into different risk groups and provide more information for treatment selection. ..
- Yang L, Li Y, Ling X, Liu L, Liu B, Xu K, et al. A common genetic variant (97906C>A) of DAB2IP/AIP1 is associated with an increased risk and early onset of lung cancer in Chinese males. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26944 pubmed publisher..003). However, no significant association was observed on the -1420T>G polymorphism. Our data suggested that the 97906A variant genotypes are associated with the increased risk and early onset of lung cancer, particularly in males. ..
- Peng D, Luo M, Qiu L, He Y, Wang X. Prognostic implications of microRNA-100 and its functional roles in human epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1238-44 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that low miR-100 expression may be an independent poor prognostic factor and miR-100 can function as a tumor suppressor by targeting PLK1 in human EOCs. ..
- Lin H, Zou H, Wang Q, Liu C, Lang L, Hou X, et al. Short-term effect of El Niño-Southern Oscillation on pediatric hand, foot and mouth disease in Shenzhen, China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65585 pubmed publisher..Meteorological factors might be important predictors of pediatric HFMD occurrence in Shenzhen. ..
- Zhou G, Chiu D, Qin D, Niu L, Cai J, He L, et al. Expression of CD44v6 and integrin-?1 for the prognosis evaluation of pancreatic cancer patients after cryosurgery. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:146 pubmed publisher..They may become useful predictors in assessing outcome of PC patients after cryosurgery. The virtual slides for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/4035308681009006. ..
- Li H, Huang S, He Y, Liu Y, Liu Y, Chen J, et al. Impact of an Early Decrease in Systolic Blood Pressure on The Risk of Contrast-Induced Nephropathy after Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Heart Lung Circ. 2016;25:118-23 pubmed publisher..368, 95%CI: 1.043-5.379, P=0.039), after adjustment for other risk factors. An early moderate postprocedural decrease in SBP may increase the risk of CIN in patients undergoing PCI. ..
- Li D, Fu Z, Lin Q, Zhou Y, Zhou Q, Li Z, et al. Linc00675 is a novel marker of short survival and recurrence in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:9348-57 pubmed publisher..Linc00675 may function as an oncogene during PDAC development, and its expression is an independent predictor of unfavorable prognosis in patients with PDAC. ..
- Liu B, Zheng Y, Huang G, Lin M, Shan Q, Lu Y, et al. Breast Lesions: Quantitative Diagnosis Using Ultrasound Shear Wave Elastography-A Systematic Review and Meta--Analysis. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2016;42:835-47 pubmed publisher..971 (95% CI, 0.941-0.986) and specificity of 0.801 (95% CI, 0.733-0.856). SWE seems to be a good quantitative method for differentiating breast lesions, with promise for integration into routine imaging protocols. ..
- Li Z, Liu J, Shen Y, Zeng F, Zheng D. Increased Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 activity portends an increased risk of resistant hypertension. Lipids Health Dis. 2016;15:15 pubmed publisher..81 (95 % CI 1.74-1.93, P < 0.05). Increased plasma Lp-PLA2 activity portends increased risk of RH, and statins may be beneficial to reduce incidence of RH in subjects with increased plasma Lp-PLA2 activity. ..
- Ene Iordache B, Perico N, Bikbov B, Carminati S, Remuzzi A, Perna A, et al. Chronic kidney disease and cardiovascular risk in six regions of the world (ISN-KDDC): a cross-sectional study. Lancet Glob Health. 2016;4:e307-19 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in general, health-care workforces in countries of low and middle income need strengthening. International Society of Nephrology. ..
- Wang W, He M, Huang W. Association of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene 2518A/G polymorphism with diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetes mellitus: A meta-analysis. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;120:40-6 pubmed publisher..04-2.02, P=0.030). Sensitivity analyses did not draw different findings. Meta-analysis of existing data suggested that MCP-1 2518 A/G polymorphism affected the risk of presence and progression of DR in type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Fu W, Zhu J, Xiong S, Jia W, Zhao Z, Zhu S, et al. BARD1 Gene Polymorphisms Confer Nephroblastoma Susceptibility. EBioMedicine. 2017;16:101-105 pubmed publisher..The presence of three risk genotypes was significantly associated with nephroblastoma risk in females and clinical stage I+II nephroblastoma. Our results suggested that BARD1 rs7585356 G>A may be associated with nephroblastoma risk. ..
- Cao X, Xiao H, Chen S, Zhan Y, Xiu L, Wang Z. Beta-cell dysfunction is the primary contributor to the early postpartum diabetes among Chinese women with history of gestational diabetes mellitus. Chin Med J (Engl). 2008;121:696-700 pubmed..Beta-cell dysfunction, rather than insulin resistance or inflammation, is the predominant contributor to the early onset and consistent AGR after delivery. ..
- Xi B, Takeuchi F, Chandak G, Kato N, Pan H, Zhou D, et al. Common polymorphism near the MC4R gene is associated with type 2 diabetes: data from a meta-analysis of 123,373 individuals. Diabetologia. 2012;55:2660-2666 pubmed publisher..The present meta-analysis confirmed the significant association of the rs17782313 polymorphism near the MC4R gene with type 2 diabetes risk, which was independent of BMI. ..
- Hou B, Jian Z, Cui P, Li S, Tian R, Ou J. Association and Intragenic Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism Interactions of the XRCC1 Polymorphisms for Pancreatic Cancer Susceptibility. Pancreas. 2016;45:546-51 pubmed publisher..1517G>C (P < 0.05). Thus, XRCC1 polymorphisms may contribute to the risk of PC independently or in an interactive manner. ..
- Li A, Niu F, Han J, Lou N, Yang J, Zhang X, et al. Predictive and prognostic value of de novo MET expression in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2015;90:375-80 pubmed publisher..Our data showed that de novo MET expression was not rare. It was not a predictive or prognostic factor for stage IV NSCLC patients, but this should be confirmed in larger population cohort. ..
- Yuan Z, Ma T, Zhong Q, Wang H, Yu X, Qin Q, et al. Novel and Effective Almagate Enema for Hemorrhagic Chronic Radiation Proctitis and Risk Factors for Fistula Development. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:631-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that almagate enema is a novel effective, rapid and well-tolerated method for hemorrhagic CRP. Moderate to severe anemia is a risk factor for deep ulceration or fistula. ..
- Chen W, Wong T, Yu T. Influence of occupational stress on mental health among Chinese off-shore oil workers. Scand J Public Health. 2009;37:766-73 pubmed publisher..The results confirmed that occupational stress was a major risk factor for poor mental health among Chinese off-shore oil workers. Reducing or eliminating occupational stressors at work would benefit workers' mental health. ..
- Chen Y, Li J, Liang X, Zhang J, Cai L, Huang S, et al. [Impact of body mass index on blood pressures in a college student population]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2011;31:100-2 pubmed..BMI was positively correlated to systolic and diastolic blood pressures in this population. High BMI is a predictor of elevated blood pressure in adolescent students. ..
- Zhang B, Pu S, Zhang W, Yang N, Shen G, Yin J, et al. Sex differences in risk factors, etiology, and short-term outcome of cerebral infarction in young patients. Atherosclerosis. 2011;216:420-5 pubmed publisher..000). In our series, our data suggest that there are several sex differences for risk of cerebral infarction in young patients, which have important implications for the diagnosis, management and prognosis of stroke in young adults. ..
- Ding Y, Lin M, Liu H, Zhang W, Wang L, Li Y. Outcomes of post-cataract surgery endophthalmitis referred to a tertiary center from local hospitals in the south of China. Infection. 2011;39:451-60 pubmed publisher..Previous studies on postoperative endophthalmitis mainly focus on the cases performed in metropolitan tertiary hospitals; however, little information is available on the cases performed in local hospitals in rural areas...
- Deng B, Luo T, Huang Y, Shen T, Ma J. Prevalence and determinants of hyperlipidemia in moderate altitude areas of the Yunnan-Kweichow plateau in Southwestern China. High Alt Med Biol. 2012;13:13-21 pubmed publisher..A high BMI, and less healthy living habits and dietary preferences thus play significant roles in the onset of hyperlipidemia. ..
- He N, Min F, Shi Y, Guo J, Liu X, Li B, et al. Cutaneous reactions induced by oxcarbazepine in Southern Han Chinese: incidence, features, risk factors and relation to HLA-B alleles. Seizure. 2012;21:614-8 pubmed publisher..Patients with a history of allergy are more susceptible to OXC-cADRs. No significant association between HLA-B*1502 and OXC-MPE was found. The associations between OXC-MPE and HLA alleles warrant further studies. ..
- Wang D, Wang Z, Zhang L, Qiu M, Luo H, Ren C, et al. Are risk factors associated with outcomes in pancreatic cancer?. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41984 pubmed publisher..Patients with MetS had later disease staging and a poorer histological grade. Patients with MetS demonstrated significantly poorer survival. ..
- Cheng Y, Liu Z, Yao F, Zeng W, Zheng D, Dong Y, et al. Current and former smoking and risk for venous thromboembolism: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS Med. 2013;10:e1001515 pubmed publisher..The relationship between VTE and smoking has clinical relevance with respect to individual screening, risk factor modification, and the primary and secondary prevention of VTE. Please see later in the article for the Editors' Summary. ..
- Xiao D, Ye X, Zhang N, Ou M, Guo C, Zhang B, et al. A meta-analysis of interaction between Epstein-Barr virus and HLA-DRB1*1501 on risk of multiple sclerosis. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18083 pubmed publisher..86, 95%CI, 0.59-1.26). This meta-analysis provides strong evidence that EBV alone, HLA-DRB1*1501 alone or their interaction is associated with an elevated risks of MS. ..
- Xia X, Zhao C, Peng F, Luo Q, Zhou Q, Lin Z, et al. Serum uric acid predicts cardiovascular mortality in male peritoneal dialysis patients with diabetes. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2016;26:20-6 pubmed publisher..Elevated serum uric acid is an independent predictor of cardiovascular mortality in diabetic male PD patients. ..
- Guo Y, Zhang Y, Huang J, Chen X, Huang W, Shan H, et al. Safety and Efficacy of Transarterial Chemoembolization Combined with CT-Guided Radiofrequency Ablation for Hepatocellular Carcinoma Adjacent to the Hepatic Hilum within Milan Criteria. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2016;27:487-95 pubmed publisher..1% vs 79.3%; 5-year, 59.5% vs 58.4%; P = .555). Conventional transarterial chemoembolization combined with CT-guided RF ablation was safe and effective in selected patients with HCC adjacent to the hepatic hilum within Milan criteria. ..
- Peng X, Zhi M, Wei M, Li T, Zhang M, Zhang Y, et al. Thalidomide results in diminished ovarian reserve in reproductive age female IBD patients. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6540 pubmed publisher..05).Thalidomide was an independent risk factor leading to DOR in female IBD patients, the influence may increasing when daily dose and accumulated dose reached 75?mg/day and 5?g total dose, but may be reversed by stopping. ..
- Huang H, Fu X, Peng D, Tan S, Huang J. [Risk factors of middle cerebral artery stenosis in Foshan community, Guangdong province: a longitudinal study]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2007;87:3079-81 pubmed..MCAS exists in the asymptomatic residents. History of hypertensive disease, DM, CHD and HHcy are the risk factors of MCAS Heart attack and changes of body weight contributed to MCAS. ..
- Li S, Liang L, Peng B, Lu M, Lai J, Li D. Bile leakage after hepatectomy for hepatolithiasis: risk factors and management. Surgery. 2007;141:340-5 pubmed..Percutaneous drainage is the primary and effective treatment for bile leakage. ..
- Yang H, Hou X, Lin P, Rong T, Yang H, Fu J. Survival and risk factors of surgically treated mediastinal invasion T4 non-small cell lung cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2009;88:372-8 pubmed publisher..Pneumonectomy should be done with caution due to a high mortality risk and poor prognosis. Further studies are warranted to assess the role of sex on survival. ..
- Chen W, Liu Q, Wang H, Chen W, Johnson R, Dong X, et al. Prevalence and risk factors of chronic kidney disease: a population study in the Tibetan population. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011;26:1592-9 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates the urgent need to develop comprehensive strategies targeted at reducing the CKD burden in this area and may lead to a better understanding of CKD in high-altitude populations. ..
- Zhan J, Chen L, Chen Z, Yuan Y, Xie G, Sun A, et al. A functional variant in microRNA-196a2 is associated with susceptibility of colorectal cancer in a Chinese population. Arch Med Res. 2011;42:144-8 pubmed publisher..010 or = 0.022). The present study provides the first evidence that miR-196a2 polymorphism may contribute to CRC susceptibility in a Chinese population through modulating mature miR-196a expression. ..
- Lu J, Yang L, Zhao H, Liu B, Li Y, Wu H, et al. The polymorphism and haplotypes of PIN1 gene are associated with the risk of lung cancer in Southern and Eastern Chinese populations. Hum Mutat. 2011;32:1299-308 pubmed publisher..842C variants and haplotype "C-C" in the PIN1 promoter contribute to decreased risk of lung cancer by diminishing the promoter activity, which may be susceptibility biomarkers for lung cancer. ..
- Xue W, Qin H, Ruan H, Shugart Y, Jia W. Quantitative association of tobacco smoking with the risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a comprehensive meta-analysis of studies conducted between 1979 and 2011. Am J Epidemiol. 2013;178:325-38 pubmed publisher..76 and 2.20, respectively, versus 1.29 and 1.27. In this comprehensive meta-analysis, well-established statistical evidence was provided about the role of tobacco smoking in the etiology of NPC. ..
- Zeng F, Xu C, Liu Y, Fan Y, Lin X, Lu Y, et al. Choline and betaine intakes are associated with reduced risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in adults: a case-control study. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:808-16 pubmed publisher..Intakes of choline and betaine have been inversely related to the risk of various neoplasms, but scant data exist on nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC). We examined the association between consumption of choline and betaine and risk of NPC...
- Zhou Y, Chen S, Tian J, Cui J, Li X, Hong W, et al. Development and validation of a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease screening questionnaire in China. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2013;17:1645-51 pubmed publisher..812 (95%CI 0.786-0.838). The sensitivity, specificity and correct classification rates for COPD diagnosis were respectively 60.6%, 85.2% and 82.7% at a cut-off score of 16. The COPD-SQ can be used in first-level screening for COPD. ..
- Qiu L, Cheng L, He J, Zhou Z, Wang M, Zhou F, et al. PSCA polymorphisms and gastric cancer susceptibility in an eastern Chinese population. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9420-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results indicated that the PSCA rs2294008 T and rs2976392 A alleles were low-penetrate risk factors for GCa in this study population. However, large and well-designed studies are warranted to validate our findings. ..
- Zeng F, Zhu S, Wong M, Yang Z, Tang J, Li K, et al. Associations between nitric oxide synthase 3 gene polymorphisms and preeclampsia risk: a meta-analysis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23407 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that G894T and T-786C polymorphisms, but not VNTR 4b/a, were associated with an increased risk of preeclampsia. ..
- Huang Y, Chen J, Zhou Y, Tang S, Li J, Yu X, et al. Circulating miR155 expression level is positive with blood pressure parameters: Potential markers of target-organ damage. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2016;38:331-6 pubmed publisher..597, p < 0.001), respectively, as well as with LVMI (r = 0.591, p < 0.001). Circulating miR155 may possibly represent potential non-invasive marker of hypertension and target organ damage (TOD) in essential hypertensive patients. ..
- Chen J, Zhong M, Yu Y. Association between interleukin-4 polymorphisms and risk of pre-eclampsia in a population of Chinese pregnant women. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, IL-4 C-590T polymorphism could be used as a predictive risk factor for pre-eclampsia. ..
- Wu Y, Zhong W, Li L, Zhang X, Zhang L, Zhou C, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations and their correlation with gefitinib therapy in patients with non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis based on updated individual patient data from six medical centers in mainland China. J Thorac Oncol. 2007;2:430-9 pubmed..Response to gefitinib favors patients with EGFR mutations. The clinical selected populations for gefitinib are non-smokers with adenocarcinoma. ..
- Zhong F, Yano E, Wang Z, Wang M, Lan Y. Cancer mortality and asbestosis among workers in an asbestos plant in Chongqing, China. Biomed Environ Sci. 2008;21:205-11 pubmed publisher..Asbestosis is an independent risk factor for lung cancer among Chinese workers exposed to chrysotile, the risk increases with the increasing profusion of opacities of lung. ..
- Li S, Shen N, Hei Z. [Early risk factors of acute lung injury following orthotopic liver transplantation]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2008;88:3049-52 pubmed..A little more than a quarter of the patients undergoing OLT develop ALI after operation. High preoperative serum total bilirubin is an important early risk factor for ALI following OLT. ..
- Li Y, Wang N. Antithrombotic effects of Danggui, Honghua and potential drug interaction with clopidogrel. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;128:623-8 pubmed publisher..Danggui and Honghua possess antithrombotic activity and cannot potentiate the antithrombotic effect of clopidogrel. However, they significantly enhance the deleterious effect of clopidogrel on bleeding time, PT and TT. ..
- Cao Y, Miao X, Huang M, Deng L, Lin D, Zeng Y, et al. Polymorphisms of death pathway genes FAS and FASL and risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:944-50 pubmed publisher..92, 95% CI?=?1.91-18.3). Our study provides the first evidence that functional FAS -1377 G/A and FASL -844 T/C polymorphisms are associated with the risk of NPC, and this association is especially noteworthy in tobacco smokers. ..
- Fan W, Liu D, Xiao L, Xie C, Sun S, Zhang J. Coronary heart disease and chronic periodontitis: is polymorphism of interleukin-6 gene the common risk factor in a Chinese population?. Oral Dis. 2011;17:270-6 pubmed publisher..010-2.136). ? IL-6-572C/G polymorphism did not correlate with CP susceptibility, but might be a potential risk factor for CHD in a Chinese population. ..
- Yao W, Luo C, Ai F, Chen Q. Risk factors for nonspecific low-back pain in Chinese adolescents: a case-control study. Pain Med. 2012;13:658-64 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to gain a basic understanding of the influential factors for nonspecific low-back pain (LBP) among adolescents of southern China...
- Xiang F, He M, Morgan I. The impact of parental myopia on myopia in Chinese children: population-based evidence. Optom Vis Sci. 2012;89:1487-96 pubmed..There is, however, an additional risk of myopia in children with myopic parents, which may have a genetic basis, but further analysis of the impact of possible environmental confounders is required. ..
- Zhao J, Zhao J, Xiao R, Yang X, Zhang X. [Suicide exposure and its modulatory effects on relations between life events and suicide risk in Chinese college students]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2013;33:1111-6 pubmed..In Chinese college students, the risk of suicide is closely associated with exposure to suicide events and life events, and exposure to suicide events involving acquaintances can modulate the effects of life events on suicide risk. ..
- Liang L, Ding X, Tseng S. High prevalence of demodex brevis infestation in chalazia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2014;157:342-348.e1 pubmed publisher..To investigate the correlation between demodicosis and chalazia in patients with the latter...
- Zhao X, Zhang H, Jiao J, Tang D, Wu Y, Pan C. Overexpression of HMGA2 promotes tongue cancer metastasis through EMT pathway. J Transl Med. 2016;14:26 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that HMGA2 promotes TSCC invasion and metastasis; additionally, HMGA2 is an independent prognostic factor which implied that HMGA2 can be a biomarker both for prognosis and therapeutic target of TSCC. ..