Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Locale: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Wang X, Zhang Y, Zhang H, Meng T, Lin Q. Complete mitochondrial genome sequence of the longsnout seahorse Hippocampus reidi (Ginsburg, 1933; Gasterosteiformes: Syngnathidae). Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal. 2016;27:1401-2 pubmed publisher..The gene order and composition of H. reidi were similar to those of most other vertebrates. The overall base composition of H. reidi is 32.47% A, 29.41% T, 14.75% G and 23.37%?C, with a slight A?+?T rich feature (61.88%). ..
- Xia F, Cai Y, Chen D, Qiu L. Edaphobacter acidisoli sp. nov., an acidobacterium isolated from forest soil. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:4260-4265 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed, with 4G-K17T (=CGMCC 1.15447=LMG 29212) as the type strain. ..
- Yu Y, Huang H, Wang Y, Yu Y, Yuan S, Huang S, et al. A novel C1q family member of amphioxus was revealed to have a partial function of vertebrate C1q molecule. J Immunol. 2008;181:7024-32 pubmed..Our study on the primitive form of C1q family in protochordate will shed a light on understanding the gradual functional evolution of C1q family and eventual formation of mammalian homologues. ..
- Li A, Yu B, Chen F, Gan H, Yuan J, Qiu R, et al. Characterization of the Sesbania rostrata phytochelatin synthase gene: alternative splicing and function of four isoforms. Int J Mol Sci. 2009;10:3269-82 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that SrPCS1 and SrPCS3 have potential applications in genetic engineering of plants for enhancing heavy metal tolerance and phytoremediation of contaminated soils. ..
- Zhang P, Li J, Li X, Liu X, Zhao X, Lu Y. Population structure and genetic diversity in a rice core collection (Oryza sativa L.) investigated with SSR markers. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27565 pubmed publisher..The results of this study would provide valuable information for association mapping using the rice core collection in future. ..
- Li S, Bai J, Cai L, Ma D, Du F. The complete mitochondrial genomes of largemouth bass of the northern subspecies (Micropterus salmoides salmoides) and Florida subspecies (Micropterus salmoides floridanus) and their applications in the identification of largemouth bass species. Mitochondrial DNA. 2012;23:92-9 pubmed publisher..Based on this gene, phylogenetic tree and genetic distance analyses supported that cultured largemouth bass in China belongs to the northern subspecies. ..
- Yan Z, Lin P, Li C, Kook M, Wang Q, Yi T. Roseomonas hibiscisoli sp. nov., isolated from the rhizosphere of Mugunghwa (Hibiscus syriacus). Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:2873-2878 pubmed publisher..22T represents a novel species of the genus Roseomonas, for which the name Roseomonas hibiscisoli sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is THG-N2.22T (=KACC 18935T=CCTCC AB 2016176T)...
- Qiu L, Jiang S, Zhou F, Zhang D, Huang J, Guo Y. Molecular cloning of the black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) elongation factor 2 (EF-2): sequence analysis and its expression on the ovarian maturation stage. Mol Biol Rep. 2008;35:431-8 pubmed..The result indicated that EF-2 gene was constitutively expressed and could play a critical role in the ovarian maturation stage. ..
- Zhang G, Zeng G, Cai X, Deng S, Luo H, Sun G. Brachybacterium zhongshanense sp. nov., a cellulose-decomposing bacterium from sediment along the Qijiang River, Zhongshan City, China. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:2519-24 pubmed..Based on polyphasic analysis, strain JBT represents a novel species of the genus Brachybacterium, for which the name Brachybacterium zhongshanense sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is JBT (=LMG 23926T=CGMCC 1.6508T=DSM 18832T). ..
- Mingqiu Z, Qingli S, Jinding C, Lijun C, Yanfang X. Sequence analysis of the protein-coding regions of foot-and-mouth disease virus O/HK/2001. Vet Microbiol. 2008;130:238-46 pubmed publisher..This study was undertaken to assess the regional variation of prevalent FMDV type O viruses and to establish a sequence database for FMDV molecular epidemiological investigation. ..
- Peng G, Yuan Q, Li H, Zhang W, Tan Z. Rhizobium oryzae sp. nov., isolated from the wild rice Oryza alta. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2008;58:2158-63 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose to place them in a novel species, as Rhizobium oryzae sp. nov. The type strain is Alt 505(T) (=LMG 24253(T) =CGMCC 1.7048(T))...
- Guo X, Zheng S, Liu L, Feng Q. The sterol carrier protein 2/3-oxoacyl-CoA thiolase (SCPx) is involved in cholesterol uptake in the midgut of Spodoptera litura: gene cloning, expression, localization and functional analyses. BMC Mol Biol. 2009;10:102 pubmed publisher..All of these results taken together suggest that this midgut-specific SlSCPx gene is important for cholesterol uptake and normal development in S. litura...
- Li X, Han D, Kin Ting Kam R, Guo X, Chen M, Yang Y, et al. Developmental expression of sideroflexin family genes in Xenopus embryos. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2742-7 pubmed publisher..As the primary structures of the five sideroflexin proteins are also quite similar, their functional redundancy should be taken into consideration for gene targeting studies. ..
- Liu W, Yi Z, Lin X, Al Rasheid K. Morphologic and molecular data suggest that Lynnella semiglobulosa n. g., n. sp. represents a new family within the subclass Choreotrichia (Ciliophora, Spirotrichea). J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2011;58:43-9 pubmed publisher..Based on morphological, morphogenetic, and molecular evidence of L. semiglobulosa, it is confirmed that the open AZM should be a plesiomorphic character of oligotrichs s. lat. as suggested previously...
- Wang B, Hu J, Yan C, Su H, Ding J, Guo Y, et al. Characterization of human cytomegalovirus UL145 and UL136 genes in low-passage clinical isolates from infected Chinese infants. Med Sci Monit. 2011;17:CR423-431 pubmed..Both UL145 and UL136 are highly conserved. UL145 may act as an intranuclear regulating factor by direct binding to DNA, while UL136 may be a membrane receptor involving signal transduction...
- Tang Y, Li M, Chen Y, Wu P, Wu G, Jiang H. Knockdown of OsPAO and OsRCCR1 cause different plant death phenotypes in rice. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:1952-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that OsPAO and OsRCCR1 play key roles in senescence and are involved in wound responses. ..
- Zhou W, Li S, Liu Y, Qi X, Chen H, Cheng C, et al. The evolution of tachykinin/tachykinin receptor (TAC/TACR) in vertebrates and molecular identification of the TAC3/TACR3 system in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;361:202-12 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that the multiple TAC/TACR genes identified in vertebrates evolved from gene duplication events and that the TAC3/TACR3 systems also operate in the teleost group. ..
- Tian X, Xu Y, Zhang J, Li J, Chen Z, Kim C, et al. Streptomyces oceani sp. nov., a new obligate marine actinomycete isolated from a deep-sea sample of seep authigenic carbonate nodule in South China Sea. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2012;102:335-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, based on the polyphasic taxonomic data, a novel species, Streptomyces oceani sp. nov., is proposed, with the type strain SCSIO 02100(T) (=DSM 42043(T) = CGMCC 4.7007(T)). ..
- Wu X, Li X, Li L, Yu Z. A unique tRNA gene family and a novel, highly expressed ORF in the mitochondrial genome of the silver-lip pearl oyster, Pinctada maxima (Bivalvia: Pteriidae). Gene. 2012;510:22-31 pubmed publisher..Unlike other studies of mt genomes, this study compares the evolutionary patterns of all available bivalve mt tRNA and atp8 genes. ..
- Zhang Y, Li J, Yu F, He X, Yu Z. Allograft inflammatory factor-1 stimulates hemocyte immune activation by enhancing phagocytosis and expression of inflammatory cytokines in Crassostrea gigas. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:1071-7 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first functional evidence that CgAIF-1 is involved in hemocyte activation in C. gigas, revealing conserved functions of AIF-1 in host defense from mollusks to mammals. ..
- Li W, Guan D, Su J, Takeda N, Wakita T, Li T, et al. High prevalence of rat hepatitis E virus in wild rats in China. Vet Microbiol. 2013;165:275-80 pubmed publisher..The rat HEV from Zhangjiang city could be classified into three separated clusters, suggesting that the infection due to rat HEV with a variety of genome entities occurs extensively among wild rats in China. ..
- He S, Han J, Ding X, Wang Y, Qin C. Characterization of enterovirus 71 and coxsackievirus A16 isolated in hand, foot, and mouth disease patients in Guangdong, 2010. Int J Infect Dis. 2013;17:e1025-30 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that HEV71 and CVA16 are the primary causative agents responsible for HFMD in Guangdong Province, and their co-circulation poses a potential risk to public health. ..
- Li B, Zhang S, Long L, Huang S. Characterization and Complete Genome Sequences of Three N4-Like Roseobacter Phages Isolated from the South China Sea. Curr Microbiol. 2016;73:409-418 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis based on the concatenated core gene products showed that our phage isolates represent two new phyletic branches, suggesting the broad genetic diversity of marine N4-like roseophages remains. ..
- Zhu Q, Liao B, Li P, Li J, Deng X, Hu X, et al. Phylogeographic pattern suggests a general northeastward dispersal in the distribution of Machilus pauhoi in South China. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184456 pubmed publisher..This conservation strategy can also be combined with the pattern of adaptive genetic variation from the provenance trial for comprehensive genetic resource management of native M. pauhoi. ..
- Xiang A, Mao F, Li W, Park D, Ma B, Wang T, et al. Extensive contribution of embryonic stem cells to the development of an evolutionarily divergent host. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:27-37 pubmed..Furthermore, our study demonstrates that mammalian evolution can proceed at two starkly contrasting levels: significant divergence in genome and proteome sequence, yet striking conservation in developmental programs. ..
- Zhu Y, Jiang J, Chen Q. Characterization of cDNA of lycopene beta-cyclase responsible for a high level of beta-carotene accumulation in Dunaliella salina. Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;86:285-92 pubmed publisher..reinhardtii in the phylogenetic tree. Taken as a whole, this information provides insight into the regulatatory mechanism of Lyc-B at the molecular level and the high level of beta-carotene accumulation in the microalga D. salina. ..
- Li Y, Xue C, Wang L, Chen X, Chen F, Cao Y. Genomic analysis of two Chinese strains of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome viruses with different virulence. Virus Genes. 2010;40:374-81 pubmed publisher..The genomic variations of GDQJ strain provided the basis for further studies of virulence determinants for PRRSVs...
- Tang L, Xia Y, Wu X, Chen X, Zhang X, Li H. Screening and characterization of a novel thermostable lipase with detergent-additive potential from the metagenomic library of a mangrove soil. Gene. 2017;625:64-71 pubmed publisher..These beneficial characteristics of Lip906 lipase provide some advantages for its potential application in industry. ..
- Wang P, Huang F, Zhou L, Cao L, Liang S, Xu H, et al. [Analysis of Amomun villosum species and some adulterants of zingiberaceae by RAPD]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2000;23:71-4 pubmed..species and their adulterants. The result created by software is analogous the traditional methods...
- Hong W, Chen S, Shao H, Fu Y, Hu Z, Xu A. HLA class I polymorphism in Mongolian and Hui ethnic groups from Northern China. Hum Immunol. 2007;68:439-48 pubmed..Our results may lead to better understanding of the origins and relationships of Chinese ethnic groups and provide the genetic background for disease association studies. ..
- Xi L, Sun J, Lu C, Liu H, Xie Z, Fukushima K, et al. Molecular diversity of Fonsecaea (Chaetothyriales) causing chromoblastomycosis in southern China. Med Mycol. 2009;47:27-33 pubmed publisher..pedrosoi. We have demonstrated that Fonsecaea monophora is the predominant etiologic agent of chromoblastomycosis in southern China and populations showed marked geographic structuring...
- Shen Z, Lin X, Long H, Miao M, Liu H, Al Rasheid K, et al. Morphology and small subunit rDNA gene sequence of Pseudoamphisiella quadrinucleata n. sp. (Ciliophora, Urostylida) from the South China Sea. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2008;55:510-4 pubmed publisher..quadrinucleata n. sp. showed 14 and 74 nucleotides in comparison with that of the two known congeners, respectively, which hence firmly supports the validity of the new species...
- Wang N, Ma W, Zhao H, Wei M, Zhang B, Zhang W, et al. [Survey of the evolutionary characteristics of influenza H1N1 hemagglutinin gene HA1 in 2000-2009]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010;30:92-5 pubmed..The HA1 gene of novel influenza virus might originate from the early swine H1N1 influenza virus from North America, and in the evolutionary process, a number of important sites of HA1 gene mutated to result in the outbreak of influenza. ..
- Zhang D, Jiang S, Hu Y, Cui S, Guo H, Wu K, et al. A multidomain galectin involved in innate immune response of pearl oyster Pinctada fucata. Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:1-6 pubmed publisher..alginolyticus stimulation. These results suggested that PoGal was a constitutive and inducible acute-phase protein that perhaps involved in innate immune response of pearl oyster. ..
- Chen S, Hu M, Liu J, Zhong G, Yang L, Rizwan ul Haq M, et al. Biodegradation of beta-cypermethrin and 3-phenoxybenzoic acid by a novel Ochrobactrum lupini DG-S-01. J Hazard Mater. 2011;187:433-40 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the strain also degraded beta-cyfluthrin, fenpropathrin, cyhalothrin and deltamethrin. These results reveal that DG-S-01 may possess potential to be used in bioremediation of pyrethroid-contaminated environment...
- Luo S, Li Y, Chen S, Zhang D, Renner S. Gelechiidae moths are capable of chemically dissolving the pollen of their host plants: first documented sporopollenin breakdown by an animal. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19219 pubmed publisher..A candidate is ethanolamine, which occurs in insect hemolymphs and is used to dissolve sporopollenin by palynologists. This is the first report of any insect and indeed any animal chemically dissolving pollen. ..
- Niu S, Li S, Chen Y, Tian X, Zhang H, Zhang G, et al. Lobophorins E and F, new spirotetronate antibiotics from a South China Sea-derived Streptomyces sp. SCSIO 01127. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2011;64:711-6 pubmed publisher..Lobophorin F (2) also displayed better cytotoxic activities than lobophorin B (4), with IC(50) of 6.82, 2.93 and 3.16??M against SF-268, MCF-7 and NCI-H460, respectively. ..
- Li M, Zou K, Chen Z, Chen T. Mitochondrial genome of the Chinese gizzard shad Clupanodon thrissa (Clupeiformes: Clupeidae) and related phylogenetic analyses. Mitochondrial DNA. 2012;23:438-40 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analyses using the protein coding gene sequences reveal that C. thrissa is most closely related to Konosirus punctatus within the family Clupeidae and subfamily Dorosomatinae is not a monophyletic group. ..
- Guo Z, Liu S, Hu S, Li T, Huang Y, Liu G, et al. Prevalent ciliate symbiosis on copepods: high genetic diversity and wide distribution detected using small subunit ribosomal RNA gene. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44847 pubmed
- Wang R, Feng J, Su Y, Ye L, Wang J. Studies on the isolation of Photobacterium damselae subsp. piscicida from diseased golden pompano (Trachinotus ovatus Linnaeus) and antibacterial agents sensitivity. Vet Microbiol. 2013;162:957-63 pubmed publisher..damselae subsp. piscicida isolated from diseased golden pompano in China, including its sensitivity to different antibiotics and Chinese herbal extracts, which will contribute to the diagnosis and prevention of the associated disease. ..
- Zhuo C, Li X, Zong Z, Zhong N. Epidemic plasmid carrying bla(CTX-M-15) in Klebsiella penumoniae in China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e52222 pubmed publisher..pneumonia from Zhejiang province of china previously. bla(CTX-M-15) was prevalent in K. pneumonia of southern China. The dissemination of bla(CTX-M-15) appeared to be due to the horizontal transfer of a 90-kb epidemic plasmid. ..
- Zhang X, Lu K, Zhou J, Zhou Q. Molecular characterization and gene functional analysis of Dicer-2 gene from Nilaparvata lugens (Hemiptera: Geometroidea). Insect Sci. 2013;20:61-8 pubmed publisher..Fifty-five per cent decrease of NlDcr-2 was found after 4 days of unremitting feeding. No significant effect was observed on the development of N. lugens after dsRNA ingestion...
- Guo P, Zhu F, Liu Q, Zhang L, Li J, Huang Y, et al. A taxonomic revision of the Asian keelback snakes, genus Amphiesma (Serpentes: Colubridae: Natricinae), with description of a new species. Zootaxa. 2014;3873:425-40 pubmed publisher..Another Old World natricine genera, Xenochrophis is also found to be non-monophyletic. Our results indicate that further taxonomic revisions are needed in Natricinae, at multiple levels.Â ..
- Li B, Chen R, Wang D, Tan H, Ke B, He D, et al. Distribution and molecular characteristics of Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor isolates recovered in Guangdong Province, China, 1961-2013. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;37:70-6 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate genetic variations that shape the relationship among emerging isolates of V. cholerae O1 in Guangdong Province contribute to the 7th global pandemic. ..
- Gan X, Zhang F, Gu J, Guo Y, Li Z, Zhang W, et al. Differential distribution patterns of ammonia-oxidizing archaea and bacteria in acidic soils of Nanling National Nature Reserve forests in subtropical China. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2016;109:237-51 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that AOA and AOB were differentially distributed in acidic soils in subtropical forests and affected differently by soil characteristics. ..
- Luo S, Wang W, Sun Z, Xie F, Kong J, Liu Y, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis of (B-cell lymphoma-2 associated X protein) Bax in the orange-spotted grouper (Epinephelus coioides) after the Vibrio alginolyticus challenge. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;60:66-79 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that EcBax containing the conserved domain of pro-apoptotic member of Bcl-2 family may disrupt the mammalian signaling and play a regulative role in the apoptotic process. ..
- Ito T, Yu C, Nakamura K, Chung K, Yang Q, Fu C, et al. Unique parallel radiations of high-mountainous species of the genus Sedum (Crassulaceae) on the continental island of Taiwan. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2017;113:9-22 pubmed publisher..We suggest that these parallel radiations may be attributable to the geographical dynamics of Taiwan and specific biological features of Sedum that allow them to adapt to new ecological niches. ..
- Teng Y, Liu H, Lv J, Fan W, Zhang Q, Qin Q. Characterization of complete genome sequence of the spring viremia of carp virus isolated from common carp (Cyprinus carpio) in China. Arch Virol. 2007;152:1457-65 pubmed..This is the first report of a complete genome sequence of SVCV isolated from cultured carp in China. Phylogenetic analysis indicates that SVCV A-1 is closely related to the members of the genus Vesiculovirus, family Rhabdoviridae. ..
- Liu X, Zhu P, Sham K, Yuen J, Xie C, Zhang Y, et al. Identification of a membrane estrogen receptor in zebrafish with homology to mammalian GPER and its high expression in early germ cells of the testis. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:1253-61 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrates the existence of a functionally active Gper in zebrafish and suggests a putative role in mediating the rapid action of estrogen in male reproduction. ..
- Shen Z, Huang J, Lin X, Yi Z, Li J, Song W. Morphological and molecular characterization of Aspidisca hongkongensis spec. nov. (Ciliophora, Euplotida) from the South China Sea. Eur J Protistol. 2010;46:204-11 pubmed publisher..The SSU rRNA gene sequence similarity within the genus is about 75.3-92.1% which indicates that this is a distinct form. Phylogenetic trees based on SSU rRNA gene information show that A. hongkongensis groups with A. leptaspis. ..
- Chen W, Wang Y, Li W, Lin H. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 (IGFBP-2) in orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides: molecular characterization, expression profiles and regulation by 17?-estradiol in ovary. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;157:336-42 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression and regulation profiles suggest that the IGFBP-2 may play important physiological roles in fish growth and reproduction, as well as cell growth and organ differentiation during the embryonic developmental stages...
- Fan X, Liu X, Huang R, Liu Y. Identification and characterization of a novel thermostable pyrethroid-hydrolyzing enzyme isolated through metagenomic approach. Microb Cell Fact. 2012;11:33 pubmed publisher..The recombinant Sys410 with broad substrate specificities and high activity was the most thermostable one of the pyrethroid-hydrolyzing esterases studied before, which made it an ideal candidate for the detoxification of pyrethroids. ..
- Wang F, Wu Q, Zhang Z, Chen S, Zhou R. Cloning, expression, and characterization of iron superoxide dismutase in Sonneratia alba, a highly salt tolerant mangrove tree. Protein J. 2013;32:259-65 pubmed publisher..Quantitative real-time PCR experiments demonstrated that SaFeSOD was expressed in leaf, stem, flower, fruit and root tissues with the highest expression in leaf tissues...
- Zhang B, Huang K, Guo J, Wu X, Li L, Zhu L, et al. [Origin and the recombinant model of H7N9 virus prevailing in China]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2013;33:1017-21 pubmed..The A/Zhejiang/HZ1/2013-H7N9 strain could be the re-arrangement of subtype A2 with type B H7N9 virus. ..
- Zhong J, Liang L, Huang P, Zhu X, Zou L, Yu S, et al. Genetic mutations in influenza H3N2 viruses from a 2012 epidemic in Southern China. Virol J. 2013;10:345 pubmed publisher..Antigenic drift of the H3N2 subtype contributed to the occurrence of the Southern China influenza epidemic of 2012. ..
- Luo X, Li L, Wang C, Bourland W, Lin X, Hu X. Morphologic and phylogenetic studies of two hypotrichous ciliates, with notes on morphogenesis in Gastrostyla steinii Engelmann, 1862 (Ciliophora, Hypotrichia). Eur J Protistol. 2017;60:119-133 pubmed publisher..Y2 (KT780432) (probably a misidentification), nest together in the big group of the subfamily Stylonychinae with moderate to high support (ML/BI, 91%/0.95), very likely revealing the monophyly of the genus Gastrostyla. ..
- Xing K, Deng R, Wang J, Feng J, Huang M, Wang X. Genome-based phylogeny of poxvirus. Intervirology. 2006;49:207-14 pubmed..This group could be the one that branched after the divergence of Avipoxviruses. Additionally, rabbitpox virus and vaccinia virus steadily formed clusters with high bootstrap support in all the cladograms...
- Mao M, He Z, Yu H, Li H. [Molecular characterization of cotton leaf Curl Multan virus and its satellite DNA that infects Hibiscus rosa-sinensis]. Bing Du Xue Bao. 2008;24:64-8 pubmed..It is concluded that G6 infecting Hibiscus rosa-sinensis is an isolate of CLCuMV. ..
- Ai H, Liao J, Huang X, Yin Z, Weng S, Zhao Z, et al. A novel prophenoloxidase 2 exists in shrimp hemocytes. Dev Comp Immunol. 2009;33:59-68 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into the molecular biological basis for further studying on the defense mechanism of shrimp innate immunity, especially on the proPO-activating system and melanization cascade of shrimp. ..
- Tian H, Peng H, Yao Q, Chen H, Xie Q, Tang B, et al. Developmental control of a lepidopteran pest Spodoptera exigua by ingestion of bacteria expressing dsRNA of a non-midgut gene. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6225 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SeCHSA dsRNA may be useful as a means of insect pest control. ..
- Xie X, Zhou F, Zhang X, Zhang J. Genetic variability and relationship between MT-1 elephant grass and closely related cultivars assessed by SRAP markers. J Genet. 2009;88:281-90 pubmed..The results indicate that the MT-1 and Mott have a closest genetic relationship; Huanan and N51 possess a relatively close relationship, and Guimu-1 is the most distinct from the other four cultivars. ..
- Dai Y, Xu Q, Wu X, Hu G, Tang Y, Li J, et al. Development of real-time and nested RT-PCR to detect astrovirus and one-year survey of astrovirus in Jiangmen City, China. Arch Virol. 2010;155:977-82 pubmed publisher..Further detailed molecular epidemiological studies are required for understanding the prevalence of HAstVs infection and gaining knowledge about the circulating genotypes. ..
- Li X, Fu S, Yu J, Fu K, Chen Y, Zhang R, et al. [Isolation and identification of a polyhydroxyalkanoate producing strain]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2010;50:1488-93 pubmed..We analyzed 16S rRNA nucleotide sequence, and ascertained the phylogenetic position of the strain. Strain HG-B-1 with PHAs biosynthesis ability was identified as Stenotrophomonas maltophlia. ..
- He X, Zhang Y, Yu Z. An Mpeg (macrophage expressed gene) from the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas: molecular characterization and gene expression. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:870-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Mpeg1 mRNA levels are significantly up-regulated following infection with Vibrio alginolyticus. These results highlight that Cg-Mpeg1 plays an essential role in host defense and elimination of pathogens in C. gigas. ..
- Shen Y, Gu J, Huang L, Zheng S, Liu L, Xu W, et al. Cloning and expression analysis of six small heat shock protein genes in the common cutworm, Spodoptera litura. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:908-14 pubmed publisher..4 may have no direct relationship with either thermal response or development...
- Li C, Gui S, Yang T, Walk T, Wang X, Liao H. Identification of soybean purple acid phosphatase genes and their expression responses to phosphorus availability and symbiosis. Ann Bot. 2012;109:275-85 pubmed publisher..Also we provide the first evidence that some members of the GmPAP gene family are possibly involved in the response of plants to symbiosis with rhizobia or arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi under P-limited conditions. ..
- Li L, An H, Sun M, Dong J, Yuan J, Hu Q. Identification and genomic analysis of two duck-origin Tembusu virus strains in southern China. Virus Genes. 2012;45:105-12 pubmed publisher..The high conservation of duck-origin Tembusu virus strains provides the genomic basis for choosing the strains for vaccine preparation for better protection against this new virus infection. ..
- Feng J, Hu J, Lin J, Liu S, Chowdhury N, Zhang O, et al. The prevalence, antimicrobial resistance and PFGE profiles of Laribacter hongkongensis in retail freshwater fish and edible frogs of southern China. Food Microbiol. 2012;32:118-23 pubmed publisher..The frog is more likely than the freshwater fish to be the potential source for human infection with L. hongkongensis. ..
- Yi L, Zou L, Lu J, Kang M, Song Y, Su J, et al. A cluster of adenovirus type B55 infection in a neurosurgical inpatient department of a general hospital in Guangdong, China. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2017;11:328-336 pubmed publisher..In this study, we describe the first HAdV55-associated hospital outbreak documented in Guangdong, China...
- Liu X, Fu Y, Liu Z, Lin B, Xie Y, Liu Y, et al. An ancient balanced polymorphism in a regulatory region of human major histocompatibility complex is retained in Chinese minorities but lost worldwide. Am J Hum Genet. 2006;78:393-400 pubmed..As suspected, some ancient balanced polymorphisms, lost in major populations, still exist in isolated ethnicities. These isolated populations may thus contribute disproportionately to the total diversity of modern humans. ..
- Wei J, Li A, Li Y, Wang J, Liu X, Liu L, et al. Cloning and characterization of an RNase-related protein gene preferentially expressed in rice stems. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:1041-5 pubmed..OsRRP is preferentially expressed in stems of wild-type rice and is significantly down-regulated in an increased tillering dwarf mutant ext37. ..
- Ma X, Liu X, Zhang Y, Zhu P, Ye W, Lin H. Two growth hormone receptors in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus): molecular characterization, tissue distribution and expression profiles in the gonad during the reproductive cycle. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;147:325-39 pubmed publisher
- Nie Q, Liu Q, Fang M, Xie L, Zhang X. [Analysis on molecular evolution of MC1R gene in dog]. Yi Chuan. 2008;30:469-74 pubmed..Comparative linkage analysis of chromosome showed that "ZFP276-MC1R-GAS8" linkage group was conservative in human, chimpanzee, chicken and dog. ..
- Zhang J, Liao B, Craik D, Li J, Hu M, Shu W. Identification of two suites of cyclotide precursor genes from metallophyte Viola baoshanensis: cDNA sequence variation, alternative RNA splicing and potential cyclotide diversity. Gene. 2009;431:23-32 pubmed publisher..baoshanensis. Overall, this study shows that CP genes are varied in V. baoshanensis and cyclotide expression is subject to transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation in this plant...
- Tian X, Zhang Y, Li Q, Zhi X, Tang S, Zhang S, et al. Streptomyces nanshensis sp. nov., isolated from the Nansha Islands in the South China Sea. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2009;59:745-9 pubmed publisher..Based on the polyphasic data, a novel species, Streptomyces nanshensis sp. nov., is proposed, with the type strain SCSIO 01066(T) (=KCTC 19400(T)=CCTCC AA 208005(T)). ..
- Hu J, Zhao H, Yu X, Liu J, Wang P, Chen J, et al. Integrin ?1 subunit from Ostrinia furnacalis hemocytes: molecular characterization, expression, and effects on the spreading of plasmatocytes. J Insect Physiol. 2010;56:1846-56 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, anti-OfINT ?1 serum clearly inhibited the spreading of plasmatocytes. Together these results indicate that OfINT ?1 may play an important role in regulating the spreading of plasmatocytes. ..
- Wang P, Wan D, Gu Z, Deng X, Weng S, Yu X, et al. Litopenaeus vannamei tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 6 (TRAF6) responds to Vibrio alginolyticus and white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) infection and activates antimicrobial peptide genes. Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:105-14 pubmed publisher..7- and 2.3-fold over the control at 3h in gills and hepatopancreas, respectively. These results indicated that LvTRAF6 may play a crucial role in antibacterial and antiviral responses via regulation of AMP gene expression...
- Fu X, Li N, Liu L, Lin Q, Wang F, Lai Y, et al. Genotype and host range analysis of infectious spleen and kidney necrosis virus (ISKNV). Virus Genes. 2011;42:97-109 pubmed publisher..Nine ISKNV isolates belonged to genotype I or genotype II, suggesting mandarin fish may be a mixing vessel host for megalocytivirus...
- Chen Y, Jia X, Huang X, Zhang S, Li M, Xie J, et al. Two Litopenaeus vannamei HMGB proteins interact with transcription factors LvSTAT and LvDorsal to activate the promoter of white spot syndrome virus immediate-early gene ie1. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:793-9 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report that invertebrate HMGB proteins participates in viral gene regulation. ..
- Wu B, Zhang T, Guo L, Lin J. Effects of Bacillus subtilis KD1 on broiler intestinal flora. Poult Sci. 2011;90:2493-9 pubmed publisher..05) as compared with the control; hence, B. subtilis KD1 is a promising probiotic organism in broilers...
- Tang H, Lan Y, Wen Y, Zhang X, Desquesnes M, Yang T, et al. Detection of Trypanosoma lewisi from wild rats in Southern China and its genetic diversity based on the ITS1 and ITS2 sequences. Infect Genet Evol. 2012;12:1046-51 pubmed publisher..lewisi published in Genbank. Phylogenetic trees of the species in the subgenus Herpetosoma were constructed, based on the ITS1 and ITS2 sequences, and these results also indicate that they are closely related and in the same clade...
- Tan J, Wang C, Xiang B, Han R, Guo Z. Hydrogen peroxide and nitric oxide mediated cold- and dehydration-induced myo-inositol phosphate synthase that confers multiple resistances to abiotic stresses. Plant Cell Environ. 2013;36:288-99 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that MfMIPS1 is induced by diverse environmental factors and confers resistance to various abiotic stresses. ..
- Ahmed M, DE Barro P, Ren S, Greeff J, Qiu B. Evidence for horizontal transmission of secondary endosymbionts in the Bemisia tabaci cryptic species complex. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53084 pubmed publisher..These shifts were from indigenous members of the complex to the invader as well as from the invader to indigenous relatives. ..
- Ni J, Li X, He Z, Xu M. A novel method to determine the minimum number of sequences required for reliable microbial community analysis. J Microbiol Methods. 2017;139:196-201 pubmed publisher..However, if only dominant OTUs (>1%) were considered, thousands of sequences were enough. This promising method provides a criterion to ensure sequencing sufficiency when analyzing the structure of natural microbial communities. ..
- Wang G, Wang Y, Su H, Wu H, Li T, Liang J, et al. Butyratibacter algicola gen. nov., sp. nov., a marine bacterium from the culture broth of Picochlorum sp. 122. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:3209-3213 pubmed publisher..nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain of the type species is B15T (=KCTC 52552T=MCCC 1K03221T). ..