Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Locale: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Topic: molecular sequence data
- Zhou J, Gao Y, Li L, Zhai H, Tan S, Cai Z. Identification and functional characterization of a putative 17?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 12 in abalone (Haliotis diversicolor supertexta). Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;354:123-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that abalone 17?-HSD-12 is an SDR family member with a key role in steroidogenesis during the reproductive period. ..
- Li Z, Zhang H, Jin S. Identification of a new HLA-Cw*01 variant, Cw*0121, by sequence-based typing in a Chinese patient. Tissue Antigens. 2009;74:449-51 pubmed publisher..HLA-Cw(*)0121 allele was identified in a Chinese patient. It is identical to Cw(*)0104 except for five nucleotides changes. ..
- Shao L, Xiao Y, He Z, Gao L. An N-targeting real-time PCR strategy for the accurate detection of spring viremia of carp virus. J Virol Methods. 2016;229:27-34 pubmed publisher..Testing in 1100 farm-raised fish also showed that the N-targeting strategy was more reliable than the G-targeting methods. The method developed in this study provides a reliable tool for the rapid diagnosis of SVCV. ..
- Yang E, Yi S, Bai F, Niu D, Zhong J, Wu Q, et al. Cloning, Characterization and Expression Pattern Analysis of a Cytosolic Copper/Zinc Superoxide Dismutase (SaCSD1) in a Highly Salt Tolerant Mangrove (Sonneratia alba). Int J Mol Sci. 2015;17: pubmed publisher..Under 0.25 M and 0.5 M salt stress, the expression of SaCSD1 was down-regulated in roots, but up-regulated in leaves. ..
- Xu X, Nagarajan H, Lewis N, Pan S, Cai Z, Liu X, et al. The genomic sequence of the Chinese hamster ovary (CHO)-K1 cell line. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:735-41 pubmed publisher..We discuss how the availability of this genome sequence may facilitate genome-scale science for the optimization of biopharmaceutical protein production...
- Zhang G, Pei Z, Krawczak M, Ball E, Mort M, Kehrer Sawatzki H, et al. Triangulation of the human, chimpanzee, and Neanderthal genome sequences identifies potentially compensated mutations. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:1286-93 pubmed publisher..Because the underlying mutations are known to give rise to recessive conditions in human, it is possible that they may also have been of pathological significance in Neanderthals. Hum Mutat 31:1-8, 2010. © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Liu F, Lv Q, Du W, Li H, Yang X, Liu D, et al. Specificity of miR-378a-5p targeting rodent fibronectin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:3272-3285 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that species-specific targeting by miRNA could also exert functional effects. Thus, one layer of regulation has been added to the complex network of miRNA signaling. ..
- Zeng J, Deng Z, Yang B, Jiang X, Su Y, Lu L, et al. [Study on the gene polymorphism of Auberger antigens in Chinese population]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2008;25:663-6 pubmed..And a molecular method determining the Auberger antigen was established. A novel Lutheran allele was deposited in GenBank (accession number EU260043). ..
- Guo X, Brenner M, Zhang X, Laragione T, Tai S, Li Y, et al. Whole-genome sequences of DA and F344 rats with different susceptibilities to arthritis, autoimmunity, inflammation and cancer. Genetics. 2013;194:1017-28 pubmed publisher..The new DA and F344 genome sequencing data should facilitate gene discovery efforts in rat models of human disease. ..
- Wang Z, Hobson N, Galindo L, Zhu S, Shi D, McDill J, et al. The genome of flax (Linum usitatissimum) assembled de novo from short shotgun sequence reads. Plant J. 2012;72:461-73 pubmed publisher..Together these results show that de novo assembly, based solely on whole-genome shotgun short-sequence reads, is an efficient means of obtaining nearly complete genome sequence information for some plant species...
- Cai Z, Gao C, Li L, Xing K. Bipolar properties of red seabream (Pagrus major) transforming growth factor-beta in induction of the leucocytes migration. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:695-700 pubmed publisher..This is the first time we reported that fish TGF-beta has innate bipolar property in regulation of fish immune function. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu B, Dong Q, Jin V. An improved profile-level domain linker propensity index for protein domain boundary prediction. Protein Pept Lett. 2011;18:7-16 pubmed..82 and 0.91 respectively. OPI also outperforms other residue-level, profile-level indexes as well as other state-of-the-art methods. ..
- Li Z, Xie J, Li W, Tang A, Li X, Jiang Z, et al. Identification and characterization of human PCDH10 gene promoter. Gene. 2011;475:49-56 pubmed publisher..Our data show that Sp1/Sp3 and CBF/NF-Y transcription factors play a crucial role in the basal expression of the human PCDH10 gene. ..
- Xu X, Wang Y, Yu Z, Chen J, Guo M, Gui Y, et al. [Expression of the voltage-dependent anion channel gene in human ejaculated spermatozoa]. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2009;15:493-8 pubmed..568 +/- 0.036), as compared with the healthy men (0.803 +/- 0.043, P < 0.01). The decreased expression of VDAC2 in the ejaculated spermatozoa is possibly associated with the reduction of sperm motility. ..
- Li Y, Zheng H, Luo R, Wu H, Zhu H, Li R, et al. Structural variation in two human genomes mapped at single-nucleotide resolution by whole genome de novo assembly. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:723-30 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that whole-genome de novo assembly is a feasible approach to deriving more comprehensive maps of genetic variation. ..
- Chen S, Zhang G, Shao C, Huang Q, Liu G, Zhang P, et al. Whole-genome sequence of a flatfish provides insights into ZW sex chromosome evolution and adaptation to a benthic lifestyle. Nat Genet. 2014;46:253-60 pubmed publisher..Pertinent to the current debate about heterogametic sex-chromosome decay, we find that massive gene loss occurred in the wake of sex-chromosome 'birth'. ..
- Cai S, Muhemaiti P, Yin Y, Cheng H, Di Ya A, Keyimu M, et al. A novel MYOC heterozygous mutation identified in a Chinese Uygur pedigree with primary open-angle glaucoma. Mol Vis. 2012;18:1944-51 pubmed..No mutations were found in CYP1B1. Our study suggests that the novel mutation D384G of MYOC is likely responsible for the pathogenesis of POAG in this pedigree. ..
- Wen P, Wang G, Liu X, Chen Z, Shang Y, Cui D, et al. [Analysis of clinical features and GCDH gene mutations in four patients with glutaric academia type I]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2012;29:642-7 pubmed publisher..Blood tandem mass spectrometry and urine gas chromatographic mass spectrometry analysis can facilitate the diagnosis. The results can be confirmed by analysis of GCDH gene mutations. ..
- Huang Y, Li Y, Burt D, Chen H, Zhang Y, Qian W, et al. The duck genome and transcriptome provide insight into an avian influenza virus reservoir species. Nat Genet. 2013;45:776-783 pubmed publisher..These analyses, in combination with the genomic and transcriptomic data, provide a resource for characterizing the interaction between host and influenza viruses. ..
- Hou Q, Liu X, Brostromer E, Li L, Su X. Preliminary crystallographic studies of purine nucleoside phosphorylase from the cariogenic pathogen Streptococcus mutans. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:1289-91 pubmed publisher..6 A resolution at best. The crystals belonged to space group H3, with unit-cell parameters a = b = 113.0, c = 60.1 A...
- Liu S, Kang K, Zhang J, Ouyang Q, Zhou Z, Tian S, et al. A novel Physarum polycephalum SR protein kinase specifically phosphorylates the RS domain of the human SR protein, ASF/SF2. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:657-67 pubmed..This study on the structure and function of PSRPK demonstrates that it is a new member of the SRPK family...
- Klapoetke N, Murata Y, Kim S, Pulver S, Birdsey Benson A, Cho Y, et al. Independent optical excitation of distinct neural populations. Nat Methods. 2014;11:338-46 pubmed publisher..Together these two reagents enable two-color activation of neural spiking and downstream synaptic transmission in independent neural populations without detectable cross-talk in mouse brain slice. ..
- Du X, Li H, Wang Z, Qiu S, Liu Q, Ni J. Selenoprotein P and selenoprotein M block Zn2+ -mediated A?42 aggregation and toxicity. Metallomics. 2013;5:861-70 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that SelP and SelM may play certain roles in regulating redox balance as well as metal homeostasis. ..
- Jiang Y, Xie M, Chen W, Talbot R, Maddox J, Faraut T, et al. The sheep genome illuminates biology of the rumen and lipid metabolism. Science. 2014;344:1168-1173 pubmed publisher..This may be in response to changes in the barrier lipids of the skin, an interaction between lipid metabolism and wool synthesis, and an increased role of volatile fatty acids in ruminants compared with nonruminant animals. ..
- Wen P, Wang G, Chen Z, Cui D, Liu X, Ying L, et al. [Utilization of high-resolution melting analysis to screen patients with neonatal intrahepatic cholestasis caused by citrin deficiency]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2012;29:167-71 pubmed publisher..All mutations were subsequently confirmed by DNA sequencing. HRM analysis is a convenient, high-throughput and rapid technique for the screening of NICCD patients. ..
- Shao Y, Zhang W, Zhang C, Wu Q, Yang H, Zhang J, et al. High-resolution melting analysis of BLU methylation levels in gastric, colorectal, and pancreatic cancers. Cancer Invest. 2010;28:642-8 pubmed publisher..The frequency of BLU methylation in all three types of cancer was significantly higher than that in normal tissues. And the expression levels of BLU were inversely correlated with methylation levels. ..
- Wen P, Chen Z, Wang G, Liu X, Chen L, Chen S, et al. [Genetic analysis of ASS1, ASL and SLC25A13 in citrullinemia patients]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2014;31:268-71 pubmed publisher..A thirteen months boy who carried a heterozygous 851del4 mutation (SLC25A13 gene) was diagnosed with citrullinemia adult-onset type II. Through analysis of relevant pathogenic genes, four patients have been diagnosed. ..
- Yu Z, Tang A, Gui Y, Guo X, Zhu H, Long Y, et al. Identification and characteristics of a novel testis-specific gene, Tsc21, in mice and human. Mol Biol Rep. 2007;34:127-34 pubmed..Our study should be a basis for function characterization of the Tsc21 gene, leading to the elucidation of the molecular events underlying mammalian male reproduction. ..
- Liu Z, Xia L, Wu Y, Xia Q, Chen J, Roux K. Identification and characterization of an arginine kinase as a major allergen from silkworm (Bombyx mori) larvae. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009;150:8-14 pubmed publisher..BmAK also demonstrated cross-reactivity with a recombinant AK from cockroach. Arginine kinase from the B. mori silkworm is a major allergen and crossreacts with cockroach AK...
- Hua Z, Lv Q, Ye W, Wong C, Cai G, Gu D, et al. MiRNA-directed regulation of VEGF and other angiogenic factors under hypoxia. PLoS ONE. 2006;1:e116 pubmed..The competitive principle, differential regulation, multi-miRNA binding sites, and false positive miRNAs might be useful strategies in the avoidance of unwanted cross-action among genes targeted by miRNAs with multiple targets. ..
- Wang Z, Pascual Anaya J, Zadissa A, Li W, Niimura Y, Huang Z, et al. The draft genomes of soft-shell turtle and green sea turtle yield insights into the development and evolution of the turtle-specific body plan. Nat Genet. 2013;45:701-706 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that turtle evolution was accompanied by an unexpectedly conservative vertebrate phylotypic period, followed by turtle-specific repatterning of development to yield the novel structure of the shell. ..
- Zhang G, Guo G, Hu X, Zhang Y, Li Q, Li R, et al. Deep RNA sequencing at single base-pair resolution reveals high complexity of the rice transcriptome. Genome Res. 2010;20:646-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data provide extensive evidence that transcriptional regulation in rice is vastly more complex than previously believed. ..
- Li Z, Shao C. Sequencing analysis of RHD intron 7 and 9. Transfus Apher Sci. 2009;40:169-73 pubmed publisher..However, this may make out further that the reason of whole exon 9 spliced out in DEL mRNAs may be no more than the 1227A>G mutation in DEL allele. ..
- Da L, Wu Y. Theoretical studies on the interactions and interferences of HIV-1 glycoprotein gp120 and its coreceptor CCR5. J Chem Inf Model. 2011;51:359-69 pubmed publisher..The above results are in accord with experimental observations and provide a structural basis for further design of CCR5 antagonists. ..
- Xu Y, Yang B, Zeng J, Wang D, Deng Z. Characterization of the genomic full-length sequence of HLA-Cw*010201, Cw*0706, and Cw*0801 in Chinese individuals. Tissue Antigens. 2010;75:179-81 pubmed publisher..Genomic full-length sequence of human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-Cw*0706, differing from its closet allele Cw*070 101 by six nucleotide exchanges, was detected in two Chinese individuals. ..
- Jin P, Kong F, Xiao M, Oftadeh S, Zhou F, Liu C, et al. First report of putative Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype 6D among nasopharyngeal isolates from Fijian children. J Infect Dis. 2009;200:1375-80 pubmed publisher..05). This is the first report of naturally occurring S. pneumoniae serotype 6D. ..
- Wu G, Jin S, Deng Z, Zhao T. Polymerase chain reaction with sequence-specific primers-based genotyping of the human Dombrock blood group DO1 and DO2 alleles and the DO gene frequencies in Chinese blood donors. Vox Sang. 2001;81:49-51 pubmed
- Xu J, Shen C, Wang T, Quan J. Structural basis for the inhibition of Polo-like kinase 1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:1047-53 pubmed publisher..This structure provides a framework for understanding the autoinhibitory mechanisms of PLK1 and also sheds light on the activation mechanisms of PLK1 by phosphorylation or phosphopeptide binding...
- Wang H, Wu W, Xu Z, Xie J. A novel splicing mutation in the SEDL gene causes spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia tarda in a large Chinese pedigree. Clin Chim Acta. 2013;425:30-3 pubmed publisher..This novel mutation adds to the spectrum of previously-identified disease-causing mutations. Pre-symptomatic molecular diagnosis and prenatal diagnosis of the pregnant carriers could be helpful to families with SEDT. ..