Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Locale: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications434 found, 100 shown here
- Dong X, Zhai Y, Zhang J, Sun Z, Chen J, Chen J, et al. Fork head transcription factor is required for ovarian mature in the brown planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens (Stål). BMC Mol Biol. 2011;12:53 pubmed publisher..NlFoxA plays an important role in regulation of fecundity and development of ovaries in the BPH via regulating vitellogenin expression...
- Li W, Zheng J, Deng J, You Y, Wu H, Li N, et al. Increased levels of the long intergenic non-protein coding RNA POU3F3 promote DNA methylation in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cells. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1714-26.e5 pubmed publisher..This noncoding RNA contributes to the development of ESCC by interacting with EZH2 to promote methylation of POU3F3, which encodes a transcription factor. ..
- Yang H, Sun J, Zhao H, Yang Z, Xiao S, Li G, et al. The complete mitochondrial genome of Nibea coibor (Perciformes, Sciaenidae). Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal. 2016;27:1520-2 pubmed publisher..There are 13 intergenic spacers, 7 gene overlaps and no tandem repeat sequence. Gene arrangement and distribution are consistent with the typical vertebrates. ..
- Ren S, Guo J, Zeng G, Sun G. Decolorization of triphenylmethane, azo, and anthraquinone dyes by a newly isolated Aeromonas hydrophila strain. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2006;72:1316-21 pubmed..g., Acid Amaranth, Great Red GR, Reactive Red KE-3B, and Reactive Brilliant Blue K-GR (50 mg l(-1)) could be decolorized more than 85% within 36 h under anoxic condition. This strain may be useful for bioremediation applications. ..
- Li M, Nie J, Xu Y, Xu A, Yu X. Identification of a novel HLA-DPB1 allele, DPB1*1702. Tissue Antigens. 2006;68:187-8 pubmed
- Lin R, Dong S, Nie K, Wang C, Song H, Li A, et al. Sequence analysis of the first internal transcribed spacer of rDNA supports the existence of the intermediate Fasciola between F. hepatica and F. gigantica in mainland China. Parasitol Res. 2007;101:813-7 pubmed..and also supports the existence of the "intermediate" Fasciola between F. hepatica and F. gigantica in mainland China. ..
- Guo Q, Shen J, Jin S, Wang J, Zhang L, Huang G, et al. Comparative proteomic analysis of human osteosarcoma and SV40-immortalized normal osteoblastic cell lines. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:850-8 pubmed
- Wang F, Xie M, Li A. A novel protein isolated from the serum of rabbitfish (Siganus oramin) is lethal to Cryptocaryon irritans. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:32-41 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that this protein may contribute considerably to the innate host defence mechanism to combat microbes of the rabbitfish. ..
- Liu H, Dai J, Feng D, Liu B, Wang H, Wang J. Characterization of a novel plantain Asr gene, MpAsr, that is regulated in response to infection of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense and abiotic stresses. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:315-23 pubmed publisher..oxysporum f. sp. cubense. These results suggest that MpAsr might be involved in plant responses to both abiotic stress and pathogen attack. ..
- Chen N, Lai X. [Sequencing and analysis of the complete mitochondrial genome of the King Cobra, Ophiophagus hannah (Serpents: Elapidae)]. Yi Chuan. 2010;32:719-25 pubmed..This large data set and an appropriate range of outgroup taxa demonstrated that Elapidae is more closely related to colubridae than viperidae, which supports the traditional viewpoints. ..
- Zhang Y, Guan D, Yang J, Shao P, Zhou H, Qu L. ncRNAimprint: a comprehensive database of mammalian imprinted noncoding RNAs. RNA. 2010;16:1889-901 pubmed publisher..The imprinted ncRNA database is freely accessible at http://rnaqueen.sysu.edu.cn/ncRNAimprint. ..
- Qiu S, Bergero R, Zeng K, Charlesworth D. Patterns of codon usage bias in Silene latifolia. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:771-80 pubmed publisher..In contrast, numbers of substitutions between preferred and unpreferred codons are similar in both directions in the Y-linked genes, contrary to the expectation of genetic degeneration. ..
- Qin L, Zhao J, Tian J, Chen L, Sun Z, Guo Y, et al. The high-affinity phosphate transporter GmPT5 regulates phosphate transport to nodules and nodulation in soybean. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:1634-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the high-affinity Pi transporter, GmPT5, controls Pi entry from roots to nodules, is critical for maintaining Pi homeostasis in nodules, and subsequently regulates soybean nodulation and growth performance...
- Wang H, Yuan Z, Barnes E, Yuan M, Li C, Fu Y, et al. Eight novel hepatitis C virus genomes reveal the changing taxonomic structure of genotype 6. J Gen Virol. 2013;94:76-80 pubmed publisher..The threshold between intra- and inter-subtype diversity in this group was indistinct. We propose that similar results would be seen elsewhere if more intermediate variants like QC271 and DH027 were sampled. ..
- Zhao X, Huang Z, Liu X, Chen Y, Gong W, Yu K, et al. The switch role of the Tmod4 in the regulation of balanced development between myogenesis and adipogenesis. Gene. 2013;532:263-71 pubmed publisher..Our study provides an important basis for further understanding the regulation and function of porcine Tmod4 in muscle and fat development. ..
- Xiang Z, Qu F, Qi L, Zhang Y, Tong Y, Yu Z. Cloning, characterization and expression analysis of a caspase-8 like gene from the Hong Kong oyster, Crassostrea hongkongensis. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:1797-803 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ChCaspase-8 might play an important role in the immune and apoptotic responses of oysters. ..
- Sun C, Duan D, Li B, Qin C, Jia J, Wang B, et al. UII and UT in grouper: cloning and effects on the transcription of hormones related to growth control. J Endocrinol. 2014;220:35-48 pubmed publisher..p. injection of UII respectively. These results collectively indicate that the UII/UT system may play a role in the promotion of the growth of the orange-spotted grouper. ..
- Peng T, Gu M, Zhao C, Wang W, Huang M, Xie C, et al. The GRIM-19 plays a vital role in shrimps' responses to Vibrio alginolyticus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;49:34-44 pubmed publisher..alginolyticus. Interferenced LvGRIM-19 treatment during V.Â alginolyticus infection could increase 12Â h survival rate, which might indicated that LvGRIM-19 is closely related to death of shrimps. ..
- Xiao D, Dai B, Chen J, Luo Q, Liu X, Lin Q, et al. Loss of macrophage migration inhibitory factor impairs the growth properties of human HeLa cervical cancer cells. Cell Prolif. 2011;44:582-90 pubmed publisher..MIF plays a pivotal role in proliferation and tumourigenesis of human HeLa cervical carcinoma cells, and may represent a promising therapeutic target for cancer intervention. ..
- Zhu W, Chen J, Wei C, Wang H, Huang Z, Zhang M, et al. Complete genome sequence of duck Tembusu virus, isolated from Muscovy ducks in southern China. J Virol. 2012;86:13119 pubmed publisher..The whole-genome sequence of DTMUV will help in understanding the epidemiology and molecular characteristics of duck Tembusu virus in southern China...
- Li Z, Gong Y, Yin C, Wang L, Li C, Pang Y. Characterization of a novel ubiquitin-fusion gene Uba256 from Spodoptera litura nucleopolyhedrovirus. Gene. 2003;303:111-9 pubmed..Tunicamycin treatment of SpltMNPV-infected cells confirmed that SpltMNPV GP37 protein is N-glycosylated. These findings provide additional information on the evolution of ubi genes and insight into genomic variation in baculoviruses. ..
- Yang G, Jing C, Zhu P, Hu X, Xu J, Wu Z, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel lactate dehydrogenase gene from Clonorchis sinensis. Parasitol Res. 2006;99:55-64 pubmed..The inhibition of CsLDH by gossypol may make gossypol a potential therapy drug or a lead compound for C. sinensis. Accordingly, the CsLDH may be a novel potential drug target. ..
- Peng Z, Cai J, Wu B, Yuan E. [Isolation and characterization of Bdellovibrio strains from the ocean]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2008;48:1425-31 pubmed..To isolate and identify the new Bdellovibrio strains from the sea mud of Shenzhen bay and to preliminarily study their biological characteristics...
- Tang H, Hao H, Tang S, Chen X, Liu F, Cha Q, et al. [Mutation analysis of the MMACHC gene in a pedigree with methylmalonic aciduria]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2009;26:62-5 pubmed publisher..A new mutation of 146_154 del CCTTCCTGG was found in the patient and his father, and was absent in the controls. A new mutation (146_154 del CCTTCCTGG) in the MMACHC gene was detected in a Chinese family with methylmalonic aciduria. ..
- Zou L, Wang J, Huang B, Xie M, Li A. A solute-binding protein for iron transport in Streptococcus iniae. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:309 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggested that MtsA is associated with heme, and is expressed in vivo during Kunming mice infection by S. iniae HD-1 which indicated that it can be a potential candidate for S. iniae subunit vaccine. ..
- Zhang J, Wu X, Xie M, Xu X, Li A. The mitochondrial genome of Polylabris halichoeres (Monogenea: Microcotylidae). Mitochondrial DNA. 2011;22:3-5 pubmed publisher..Although the ORF cannot be unambiguously regarded as an atp8 gene, we cannot rule out the possibility that it has other functional importance, but it need further study in the future. ..
- Zhao X, Tang X, Zha Q, Shi S, Song Y, Xiao X. Prenatal diagnosis of citrin deficiency in a Chinese family with a fatal proband. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2011;225:273-6 pubmed..Moreover, as the first trial on CD prenatal diagnosis, this study might open a novel area for clinical management of CD. ..
- Geng J, Liang D, Jiang K, Zhang P. Molecular evolution of the infrared sensory gene TRPA1 in snakes and implications for functional studies. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28644 pubmed publisher..These specific amino acid substitutions may be potentially functional important for infrared sensing...
- Wu X, Li X, Li L, Xu X, Xia J, Yu Z. New features of Asian Crassostrea oyster mitochondrial genomes: a novel alloacceptor tRNA gene recruitment and two novel ORFs. Gene. 2012;507:112-8 pubmed publisher..In particular, our study provides new evidence for the identification and characterization of ORFs in the "non-coding region" of animal mt genomes...
- Liang S, Wang B, Pan L, Ye Y, He M, Han S, et al. Comprehensive structural annotation of Pichia pastoris transcriptome and the response to various carbon sources using deep paired-end RNA sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:738 pubmed publisher..The study of the P. pastoris transcriptome helps to annotate the P. pastoris transcript structures and provide useful information for further improvement of the production of recombinant proteins...
- He D, Partridge S, Shen J, Zeng Z, Liu L, Rao L, et al. CTX-M-123, a novel hybrid of the CTX-M-1 and CTX-M-9 Group ?-lactamases recovered from Escherichia coli isolates in China. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:4068-71 pubmed publisher..bla(CTX-M-123) is carried on related, but not identical, ~90-kb IncI1 plasmids in the two isolates, and one isolate simultaneously carries the group 1 blaCTX-M-55 gene on an additional IncI2 plasmid. ..
- Yu S, Geng Q, Ma J, Sun F, Yu Y, Pan Q, et al. Heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor and miR-1192 exert opposite effect on Runx2-induced osteogenic differentiation. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e868 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that Runx2 induces osteogenic differentiation of C2C12 cells by inactivating HB-EGF-EGFR signaling through the downregulation of HB-EGF via both transcriptional and post-transcriptional mechanisms. ..
- Li S, Xie Z, Chen P, Tang J, Tang L, Chen H, et al. The complete mitochondrial genome of the Platax teira (Osteichthyes: Ephippidae). Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal. 2016;27:796-7 pubmed publisher..80% of A, 31.16% of C, 24.44% of T and 15.60% of G. With the exception of the NADH dehydrogenase subunit 6 (ND6) and seven tRNA genes, all other mitochondrial genes are encoded on the heavy strand. ..
- Wang S, Qian Z, Li H, Lu K, Xu X, Weng S, et al. Identification and characterization of MKK7 as an upstream activator of JNK in Litopenaeus vannamei. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;48:285-94 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, RNAi-mediated knockdown of LvMKK7 enhanced the sensitivity of shrimps to V.Â parahaemolyticus infection. Overall, our results suggested that LvMKK7 may play important roles in the shrimp innate immunity. ..
- Zhu Y, Wang J, Huang B, Hou X. Molecular cloning of a lectin cDNA from Alocasia macrorrhiza and prediction of its characteristics. Zhi Wu Sheng Li Yu Fen Zi Sheng Wu Xue Xue Bao. 2006;32:634-42 pubmed..Two typical B-lectin domains and three mannose- binding motifs were found in the sequence of AML. With all these taken together, it can be concluded that this newly cloned aml cDNA encodes for a mannose-binding lectin. ..
- Li G, Ma H, Lau G, Leung Y, Yao C, Chong Y, et al. Prevalence of hepatitis G virus infection and homology of different viral strains in Southern China. World J Gastroenterol. 2002;8:1081-7 pubmed..Finally, by sequential analysis of viral species present in individual patients over a three months period there was no evidence of sequence variation in the 5' UTR. ..
- Zhang H, Shi L, Li L, Guo S, Zhang X, Yamasaki S, et al. Identification and characterization of class 1 integron resistance gene cassettes among Salmonella strains isolated from healthy humans in China. Microbiol Immunol. 2004;48:639-45 pubmed..Because the strains carrying class 1 integrons were isolated from healthy humans, it suggests the need for all-round surveillance of the antibiotic resistance of pathogens...
- Qiu L, Jiang S, Zhou F, Zhang D, Huang J, Guo Y. Molecular cloning of the black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) elongation factor 2 (EF-2): sequence analysis and its expression on the ovarian maturation stage. Mol Biol Rep. 2008;35:431-8 pubmed..The result indicated that EF-2 gene was constitutively expressed and could play a critical role in the ovarian maturation stage. ..
- Ding N, Xiao H, Wang F, Xu L, She S. A FQHPSFI peptide selectively binds to LPS-activated alveolar macrophages and inhibits LPS-induced MIP-2 production. Inflamm Res. 2010;59:627-34 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that phage display technology is a powerful tool for the identification of bioactive peptides. The identified FQHPSFI peptide may be used for the modulation of LPS-stimulated MIP-2 production in AMs. ..
- Ma J, Zhang D, Jiang J, Cui S, Pu H, Jiang S. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of cathepsin L1 cysteine protease from pearl oyster Pinctada fucata. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:501-7 pubmed publisher..These results provided important information for further exploring the roles of pearl oyster cathepsin L in the immune responses. ..
- Li X, Han D, Kin Ting Kam R, Guo X, Chen M, Yang Y, et al. Developmental expression of sideroflexin family genes in Xenopus embryos. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2742-7 pubmed publisher..As the primary structures of the five sideroflexin proteins are also quite similar, their functional redundancy should be taken into consideration for gene targeting studies. ..
- Zong W, He Y, Yu S, Yang H, Xian H, Liao Y, et al. Molecular phylogeny of Coxsackievirus A16 in Shenzhen, China, from 2005 to 2009. J Clin Microbiol. 2011;49:1659-61 pubmed publisher..Amino acid evolution and nucleotide variation in the VP1 region were slight for 5 years. ..
- Zhou W, Li S, Liu Y, Qi X, Chen H, Cheng C, et al. The evolution of tachykinin/tachykinin receptor (TAC/TACR) in vertebrates and molecular identification of the TAC3/TACR3 system in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;361:202-12 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that the multiple TAC/TACR genes identified in vertebrates evolved from gene duplication events and that the TAC3/TACR3 systems also operate in the teleost group. ..
- Mo X, Zeng Q, Huang S, Cai Y, Wang Y, Yan Z. [Identification of herba rabdosiae serrae from different plant resources by RAPD method]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2012;35:1388-91 pubmed..12 primers were selected with polymorphism and 7 of them showed good polymorphism in RAPD map. RAPD method can be used to identify the plant resources of Herba Rabdosiae Serrae. ..
- Gu J, Hu W, Wu J, Zheng P, Chen M, James A, et al. miRNA genes of an invasive vector mosquito, Aedes albopictus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67638 pubmed publisher..The distribution of lineage-specific miRNAs is consistent with mosquito phylogeny and the presence of a number of Aedes-specific miRNAs likely reflects the divergence between the Aedes and Culex genera. ..
- Fu C, Wang F, Sun B, Liu W, Li J, Deng R, et al. Genetic and cytological analysis of a novel type of low temperature-dependent intrasubspecific hybrid weakness in rice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73886 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Hw3 is a novel gene for inducing hybrid weakness in rice. ..
- Yang Q, Tang S, Dong L, Chen Q, Liu X, Jiang J, et al. Transcriptional regulation of chicken cytochrome P450 2D49 basal expression by CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein ? and hepatocyte nuclear factor 4?. FEBS J. 2014;281:1379-92 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the data indicate that the constitutive hepatic expression of CYP2D49 is governed by both C/EBP? and HNF4?. Further studies will be required to fully characterize the molecular mechanisms that modulate CYP2D49 expression. ..
- Ou Z, Yin L, Chang C, Peng J, Chen J. Protein interaction between p53 and ?113p53 is required for the anti-apoptotic function of ?113p53. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:53-62 pubmed publisher..In addition, the two ?113p53 mutants that failed to interact with p53 are also useful for the study of the mechanisms of other functions of ?113p53. ..
- Yin H, Wang S, Wang J, Hu Z, Huang X. [Default of KIAA0353 gene in varicose great saphenous vein accompanying primary deep vein valve insufficiency]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2003;83:620-3 pubmed..The varicose great saphenous vein of PDVI patients is a process with the involvement of multiple genes and the default of KIAA0353 gene may play a role in the occurrence and development of varicose great saphenous vein in PDVI patients. ..
- Kuang Y, Li W, Lin H. Molecular cloning and mRNA profile of insulin-like growth factor type 1 receptor in orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2005;37:327-34 pubmed..The distribution pattern of IGF-IR mRNA in grouper development suggests that IGF-IR plays an important role in the embryo and early larval development stages. ..
- Sun H, Zhu X, Xie M, Wu X, Li A, Lin R, et al. Characterization of Cryptocaryon irritans isolates from marine fishes in Mainland China by ITS ribosomal DNA sequences. Parasitol Res. 2006;99:160-6 pubmed..irritans from Mainland China and elsewhere and is also relevant to the diagnosis and control of fish diseases they cause. ..
- Hong Y, Yang L, Li C, Xia H, Rhodus N, Cheng B. Frequent mutation of p16(CDKN2A) exon 1 during rat tongue carcinogenesis induced by 4-nitroquinoline-1-oxide. Mol Carcinog. 2007;46:85-90 pubmed..These preliminary results suggested that mutation of p16(CDKN2A) exon 1 might be an early molecular event of rat tongue carcinogenesis induced by 4NQO and G was the mutation hotspot. ..
- Ai H, Liao J, Huang X, Yin Z, Weng S, Zhao Z, et al. A novel prophenoloxidase 2 exists in shrimp hemocytes. Dev Comp Immunol. 2009;33:59-68 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into the molecular biological basis for further studying on the defense mechanism of shrimp innate immunity, especially on the proPO-activating system and melanization cascade of shrimp. ..
- Dong C, Weng S, Luo Y, Huang M, Ai H, Yin Z, et al. A new marine megalocytivirus from spotted knifejaw, Oplegnathus punctatus, and its pathogenicity to freshwater mandarinfish, Siniperca chuatsi. Virus Res. 2010;147:98-106 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results presented here provide new insight into the pathology of megalocytivirus infection...
- Shen Z, Huang J, Lin X, Yi Z, Li J, Song W. Morphological and molecular characterization of Aspidisca hongkongensis spec. nov. (Ciliophora, Euplotida) from the South China Sea. Eur J Protistol. 2010;46:204-11 pubmed publisher..The SSU rRNA gene sequence similarity within the genus is about 75.3-92.1% which indicates that this is a distinct form. Phylogenetic trees based on SSU rRNA gene information show that A. hongkongensis groups with A. leptaspis. ..
- Shi Y, Zhang Y, Li S, Liu Q, Lu D, Liu M, et al. Molecular identification of the Kiss2/Kiss1ra system and its potential function during 17alpha-methyltestosterone-induced sex reversal in the orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:63-74 pubmed publisher..This is the first description of the Kiss2/Kiss1ra system during MT-induced sex reversal in orange-spotted grouper...
- Wu C, Zhuang L, Zhou S, Li F, He J. Corynebacterium humireducens sp. nov., an alkaliphilic, humic acid-reducing bacterium isolated from a microbial fuel cell. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2011;61:882-7 pubmed publisher..Based on phenotypic, genetic and phylogenetic analysis, a novel species, Corynebacterium humireducens sp. nov., is proposed. The type strain is MFC-5(T) (?=?NBRC 106098(T) ?=?CGMCC 2452(T) ?=?DSM 45392(T))...
- Lu S, Zhang Y, Geng S, Li T, Ye Z, Zhang D, et al. High diversity of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing bacteria in an urban river sediment habitat. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:5972-6 pubmed publisher..The discovery of highly diverse ESBL-producing bacteria and ESBL genes, particularly bla(CTX), in urban river sediment raises alarms for potential dissemination of ARB in communities through river environments. ..
- Chen W, Wang Y, Li W, Lin H. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 (IGFBP-2) in orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides: molecular characterization, expression profiles and regulation by 17?-estradiol in ovary. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;157:336-42 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression and regulation profiles suggest that the IGFBP-2 may play important physiological roles in fish growth and reproduction, as well as cell growth and organ differentiation during the embryonic developmental stages...
- Li X, Fu S, Yu J, Fu K, Chen Y, Zhang R, et al. [Isolation and identification of a polyhydroxyalkanoate producing strain]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2010;50:1488-93 pubmed..We analyzed 16S rRNA nucleotide sequence, and ascertained the phylogenetic position of the strain. Strain HG-B-1 with PHAs biosynthesis ability was identified as Stenotrophomonas maltophlia. ..
- Liu Q, Triplett J, Wen J, Peterson P. Allotetraploid origin and divergence in Eleusine (Chloridoideae, Poaceae): evidence from low-copy nuclear gene phylogenies and a plastid gene chronogram. Ann Bot. 2011;108:1287-98 pubmed publisher..indica and E. tristachya as the maternal parents, but the paternal parents remain unidentified. The habitat-specific hypothesis is proposed to explain the divergence of Eleusine and its allotetraploid lineage. ..
- Xu H, He X, Fang M, Hu Y, Jia X, Nie Q, et al. Molecular cloning, expression and variation analyses of the dopamine D2 receptor gene in pig breeds in China. Genet Mol Res. 2011;10:3371-84 pubmed publisher..Sixty-one different sequences were identified in this gene; among seven in the coding region, only one altered the encoded amino acid. These findings will help us understand the functions of the DRD2 gene in pigs. ..
- Zhong J, Liang L, Huang P, Zhu X, Zou L, Yu S, et al. Genetic mutations in influenza H3N2 viruses from a 2012 epidemic in Southern China. Virol J. 2013;10:345 pubmed publisher..Antigenic drift of the H3N2 subtype contributed to the occurrence of the Southern China influenza epidemic of 2012. ..
- Zhou S, Zhou S, Huang H, Chen J, Huang M, Liu P. Proteomic analysis of hypertrophied myocardial protein patterns in renovascularly hypertensive and spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Proteome Res. 2006;5:2901-8 pubmed..Among these proteins, glutathione-S-transferase mu2 and short-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase may be two candidate proteins associated with left ventricular hypertrophy in spontaneously hypertensive rats. ..
- Ma X, Liu X, Zhang Y, Zhu P, Ye W, Lin H. Two growth hormone receptors in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus): molecular characterization, tissue distribution and expression profiles in the gonad during the reproductive cycle. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;147:325-39 pubmed publisher
- Wu P, Li J, Wei Q, Zeng L, Chen Y, Li M, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of an acyl-acyl carrier protein thioesterase (JcFATB1) from Jatropha curcas. Tree Physiol. 2009;29:1299-305 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that JcFATB1 from this woody oil plant can function as a saturated acyl-ACP TE and could potentially modify the seed oil of J. curcas to increase its levels of palmitate...
- Wang L, Qiu Y, Yin A, Ma Y, Liu K, Xiong L, et al. [Denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography for screening antithrombin III gene mutation and polymorphisms in patients with cerebral venous thrombosis]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2009;29:1982-6 pubmed..Our findings suggested that AT- III gene mutation, as well as its polymorphisms, contributes to the occurrence of CVT in pregnant women and parturients. ..
- Li X, Zeng Y, Gao Y, Zheng X, Zhang Q, Zhou S, et al. The ClpP protease homologue is required for the transmission traits and cell division of the pathogen Legionella pneumophila. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:54 pubmed publisher..pneumophila, and further suggest a putative role of ClpP in virulence regulation. ..
- Hu J, Zhao H, Yu X, Liu J, Wang P, Chen J, et al. Integrin ?1 subunit from Ostrinia furnacalis hemocytes: molecular characterization, expression, and effects on the spreading of plasmatocytes. J Insect Physiol. 2010;56:1846-56 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, anti-OfINT ?1 serum clearly inhibited the spreading of plasmatocytes. Together these results indicate that OfINT ?1 may play an important role in regulating the spreading of plasmatocytes. ..
- Li S, Xiao X, Wang P, Guo X, Zhang Q. Mutation spectrum and frequency of the RHO gene in 248 Chinese families with retinitis pigmentosa. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;401:42-7 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate an overview of the spectrum and frequency of RP RHO mutations in a Chinese population and emphasize that RHO mutations in isolated RP are not uncommon. ..
- Zhang L, Zhu T, Lin D, Zhang Y, Zhang W. A second form of Sox11 homologue identified in the orange-spotted grouper Epinephelus coioides: analysis of sequence and mRNA expression patterns. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;157:415-22 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicated that the orange-spotted grouper sox11a was evolutionarily more conserved than sox11b, and may play important roles in neurogenesis, embryogenesis, and larval development. ..
- Fu X, Li N, Liu L, Lin Q, Wang F, Lai Y, et al. Genotype and host range analysis of infectious spleen and kidney necrosis virus (ISKNV). Virus Genes. 2011;42:97-109 pubmed publisher..Nine ISKNV isolates belonged to genotype I or genotype II, suggesting mandarin fish may be a mixing vessel host for megalocytivirus...
- Yan G, Xu S, Tan Z, Liu L, He Q. Global identification of miR-373-regulated genes in breast cancer by quantitative proteomics. Proteomics. 2011;11:912-20 pubmed publisher..More than 30 proteins reported to be involved in cancer invasion and metastasis were found to be regulated by miR-373 in breast cancer for the first time. ..
- Huang Y, Xu Z, Lin X, Feng Q, Zheng S. Structure and expression of glutathione S-transferase genes from the midgut of the Common cutworm, Spodoptera litura (Noctuidae) and their response to xenobiotic compounds and bacteria. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:1033-44 pubmed publisher..It is hypothesized that high expression levels of the midgut SlGSTs might be due to the increased levels of oxidative stress caused by feeding, bacterial infection and xenobiotic compounds...
- Yin F, Pajak A, Chapman R, Sharpe A, Huang S, Marsolais F. Analysis of common bean expressed sequence tags identifies sulfur metabolic pathways active in seed and sulfur-rich proteins highly expressed in the absence of phaseolin and major lectins. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:268 pubmed publisher..Identification of sulfur-rich proteins whose levels are elevated in seed lacking phaseolin and phytohemagglutinin and sulfur metabolic genes may assist the improvement of protein quality...
- Sun C, Liang J, Shi R, Gao X, Zhang R, Hong F, et al. Tobacco etch virus protease retains its activity in various buffers and in the presence of diverse additives. Protein Expr Purif. 2012;82:226-31 pubmed publisher..These results will facilitate the use of rTEV protease in removing tags from fusion proteins. ..
- Lu D, Yi S, Yao M, Li Y, Liu X, Zhang Y, et al. Identification and expression analysis of major histocompatibility complex IIB gene in orange-spotted grouper Epinephelus coioides. J Fish Biol. 2012;81:165-80 pubmed publisher..coioides leukocytes with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and polyinosinic:polycytidylic acid (PolyI:C) significantly increased peripheral blood and spleen mhcIIB expression, while head kidney mhcIIB expression remained constant. ..
- JI W, Tang X, Yi M, Chen P, Liu F, Hu X, et al. p53 directly regulates ?A- and ?A3/A1-crystallin genes to modulate lens differentiation. Curr Mol Med. 2013;13:968-78 pubmed..Together, our results reveal that p53 directly regulates expression of different sets of genes to control lens differentiation. ..
- Xu J, Ren Y, Xu X, Chen J, Li Y, Gan W, et al. Schistosoma japonicum tegumental protein 20.8, role in reproduction through its calcium binding ability. Parasitol Res. 2014;113:491-7 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate the S. japonicum tegumental protein 20.8 is crucial for the parasite's calcium absorbing and reproduction. ..
- Fang X, Zhao Y, Ma Q, Huang Y, Wang P, Zhang J, et al. Identification and comparative analysis of cadmium tolerance-associated miRNAs and their targets in two soybean genotypes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81471 pubmed publisher..The characterization of the miRNAs and the associated target genes in response to Cd exposure provides a framework for understanding the molecular mechanism of heavy metal tolerance in plants. ..
- Skowronska Krawczyk D, Zhao L, Zhu J, Weinreb R, Cao G, Luo J, et al. P16INK4a Upregulation Mediated by SIX6 Defines Retinal Ganglion Cell Pathogenesis in Glaucoma. Mol Cell. 2015;59:931-40 pubmed publisher..Our study provides important insights linking genetic susceptibility to the underlying mechanism of RGC death and provides a unified theory of glaucoma pathogenesis. ..
- Zhang Z, Yuan K, Yue H, Yuan F, Bi H, Weng S, et al. Identification and functional characterization of an endoplasmic reticulum oxidoreductin 1-Î± gene in Litopenaeus vannamei. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;57:10-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that LvERO1-Î± plays a critical role in WSSV-induced apoptosis, which likely occurs through the WSSV-activated PERK-eIF2Î± pathway. ..
- Zhang D, Liu B, Feng D, He Y, Wang S, Wang H, et al. Significance of conservative asparagine residues in the thermal hysteresis activity of carrot antifreeze protein. Biochem J. 2004;377:589-95 pubmed..We also found that its thermal hysteresis activity is directly correlated with the length of its asparagine-rich binding site, and hence with the size of its ice-binding face. ..
- Liu Z, Luo S, Zhao Y. [Exploration of the alternative splicing variants of rat phospholipase C-gamma 1 pre-mRNA]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2007;27:191-4 pubmed..Very likely, the alternative splicing site of rat PLC-gamma1 is not identical to that of human. ..
- Nie Q, Fang M, Xie L, Shi J, Zhang X. cDNA cloning, characterization, and variation analysis of chicken adipose triglyceride lipase (ATGL) gene. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;320:67-74 pubmed publisher..02 x 10(-3). Seven of the 15 SNPs were non-synonymous. All SNPs had allelic frequencies over 5% and could be considered as candidate markers for future marker-trait association analysis. ..
- Wang Z, Wu Z, Jian J, Lu Y. Cloning and expression of heat shock protein 70 gene in the haemocytes of pearl oyster (Pinctada fucata, Gould 1850) responding to bacterial challenge. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;26:639-45 pubmed publisher..The up-regulated mRNA expression of PFHsp70 in P. fucata after bacterial challenge indicates that the Hsp70 gene is inducible and involved in immune response. ..
- Wang P, Gu Z, Huang X, Liu B, Deng X, Ai H, et al. An immune deficiency homolog from the white shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei, activates antimicrobial peptide genes. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1897-904 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report that LvIMD participates in innate signaling to activate the expression of AMP genes in shrimp...
- Li A, Yu B, Chen F, Gan H, Yuan J, Qiu R, et al. Characterization of the Sesbania rostrata phytochelatin synthase gene: alternative splicing and function of four isoforms. Int J Mol Sci. 2009;10:3269-82 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that SrPCS1 and SrPCS3 have potential applications in genetic engineering of plants for enhancing heavy metal tolerance and phytoremediation of contaminated soils. ..
- Wang X, Chen W, Hu F, Deng C, Zhou C, Lv X, et al. Clonorchis sinensis enolase: identification and biochemical characterization of a glycolytic enzyme from excretory/secretory products. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2011;177:135-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Csenolase is an important glycolytic enzyme required for the development of C. sinensis, and may be a potential vaccine candidate and drug target against C. sinensis infection. ..
- Luo J, Cai Q, Wang W, Huang H, Zeng H, He W, et al. A microRNA-7 binding site polymorphism in HOXB5 leads to differential gene expression in bladder cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40127 pubmed publisher..HOXB5 is overexpressed in bladder cancer. A miRNA-binding SNP (1010A/G) located within 3'-UTR of HOXB5 is associated with gene expression and may be a promising prognostic factor for bladder cancer. ..