Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Locale: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Li Y, Chen D, Su Z, Li Y, Liu J, Jin L, et al. MicroRNA-106b functions as an oncogene in renal cell carcinoma by affecting cell proliferation, migration and apoptosis. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1420-6 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to examine the role and target genes of miR-106b in RCC. ..
- Kang K, Peng X, Zhang X, Wang Y, Zhang L, Gao L, et al. MicroRNA-124 suppresses the transactivation of nuclear factor of activated T cells by targeting multiple genes and inhibits the proliferation of pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:25414-27 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of miR-124 in hypoxia-treated PASMC and its antiproliferative and prodifferentiation effects imply a potential value for miR-124 in the treatment of PAH. ..
- Zhang S, Hu F, Liang H, Liu Y, Yang J, Zhou W. Association between a miRNA-146a polymorphism and susceptibility to head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in Chinese patients: A meta-analysis of 8 case-control studies. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186609 pubmed publisher..Further studies including a larger sample size will be necessary to clarify these results. ..
- Chen W, Lin X, Huang J, Tan K, Chen Y, Peng W, et al. Integrated profiling of microRNA expression in membranous nephropathy using high-throughput sequencing technology. Int J Mol Med. 2014;33:25-34 pubmed publisher..miRNAs may provide a potential breakthrough in the research of MN and may provide a novel biomarker for the diagnosis and treatment of the disease. ..
- Du W, Liu F, Shan S, Ma X, Gupta S, Jin T, et al. Inhibition of Dexamethasone-induced Fatty Liver Development by Reducing miR-17-5p Levels. Mol Ther. 2015;23:1222-1233 pubmed publisher..Our studies show that miR-17-5p inhibitor and agents used in metabolic disorders may be applied in combination with Dexamethasone in the treatment of anti-inflammation, immunosuppression, and cancer patients. ..
- Li Y, Chen D, Li Y, Jin L, Liu J, Su Z, et al. Oncogenic cAMP responsive element binding protein 1 is overexpressed upon loss of tumor suppressive miR-10b-5p and miR-363-3p in renal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:1967-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that CREB1 is an oncogene in RCC and that upregulation of CREB1 by loss of tumor suppressive miRâ€‘10bâ€‘5p and miRâ€‘363â€‘3p plays an important role in the tumorigenesis of RCC. ..
- Huang B, Yang H, Cheng X, Wang D, Fu S, Shen W, et al. tRF/miR-1280 Suppresses Stem Cell-like Cells and Metastasis in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3194-3206 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they provide evidence that functionally active miRNA can be derived from tRNA, offering potential biomarker and therapeutic uses. Cancer Res; 77(12); 3194-206. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Hu X, Xie Q, Chen C, Zhang W, Yu B. Let-7a Inhibits T-Cell Proliferation and IFN-γ Secretion by Down-Regulating STAT3 Expression in Patients with Psoriasis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:115-125 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that let-7a inhibits T-cell proliferation and IFN-γ secretion by down-regulating STAT3 in psoriasis. ..
- Huang G, Li S, Yang N, Zou Y, Zheng D, Xiao T. Recent progress in circular RNAs in human cancers. Cancer Lett. 2017;404:8-18 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe briefly the formation and properties of circRNAs, and focus mainly on recent progress in research into their function, regulation, and clinical relevance in different cancers. ..
- Su S, Yang M, Zhang M, Peng Q, Li M, Liu L, et al. miR-107-mediated decrease of HMGCS2 indicates poor outcomes and promotes cell migration in hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;91:53-59 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest HMGCS2 serve as a promising prognostic biomarker and exert anti-tumor activity towards HCC, and therefore provide a potential target for HCC clinical intervention. ..
- Guo M, Hu L, Wang Y, Chen P, Huang J, Lu N, et al. miR-22 is down-regulated in gastric cancer, and its overexpression inhibits cell migration and invasion via targeting transcription factor Sp1. Med Oncol. 2013;30:542 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study contribute to current understanding of the functions of miR-22 in gastric cancer. ..
- Rong H, Liu T, Yang K, Yang H, Wu D, Liao C, et al. MicroRNA-134 plasma levels before and after treatment for bipolar mania. J Psychiatr Res. 2011;45:92-5 pubmed publisher..Plasma miRNA-134 in BD may be considered as a potential peripheral marker that can respond to acute manic episodes and associate with effective mood stabilizers treatment. ..
- Guo L, Zhao R, Wu Y. The role of microRNAs in self-renewal and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:608-16 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on miRNAs identified recently that regulate mesenchymal stem cell differentiation and other activities. ..
- Leng H, Qian W, Zhou L, Zhai Q, Li X, Guan Z, et al. [Abnormal expression and significance of MIR-184 in human renal carcinoma]. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2011;43:509-13 pubmed..03, P>0.99, P>0.03). MIR-184 in RCC was significantly lower than that in ADTs, which may have potential significance in the occurrence and development of RCC. ..
- Zhu J, Jiang Z, Gao F, Hu X, Zhou L, Chen J, et al. A systematic analysis on DNA methylation and the expression of both mRNA and microRNA in bladder cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28223 pubmed publisher..DNA methylation aberration and microRNA (miRNA) deregulation have been observed in many types of cancers. A systematic study of methylome and transcriptome in bladder urothelial carcinoma has never been reported...
- Wang Z, Pascual Anaya J, Zadissa A, Li W, Niimura Y, Huang Z, et al. The draft genomes of soft-shell turtle and green sea turtle yield insights into the development and evolution of the turtle-specific body plan. Nat Genet. 2013;45:701-706 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that turtle evolution was accompanied by an unexpectedly conservative vertebrate phylotypic period, followed by turtle-specific repatterning of development to yield the novel structure of the shell. ..
- Hua Z, Lv Q, Ye W, Wong C, Cai G, Gu D, et al. MiRNA-directed regulation of VEGF and other angiogenic factors under hypoxia. PLoS ONE. 2006;1:e116 pubmed..The competitive principle, differential regulation, multi-miRNA binding sites, and false positive miRNAs might be useful strategies in the avoidance of unwanted cross-action among genes targeted by miRNAs with multiple targets. ..
- Ye Y, Li Z, Feng Q, Chen Z, Wu Z, Wang J, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-145 may contribute to liver fibrosis in biliary atresia by targeting ADD3. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180896 pubmed publisher..MiR-145-5p was confirmed to target ADD3 by luciferase reporter assay. The downregulation of miR-145 may contribute to liver fibrosis in BA by upregulating the expression of ADD3. ..
- Xiang Y, Liao X, Yao A, Qin H, Fan L, Li J, et al. MRTF-A-miR-206-WDR1 form feedback loop to regulate breast cancer cell migration. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:394-404 pubmed publisher..Our data thus provide important and novel insights into MRTF-A-miR-206-WDR1 form feedback loop to regulate breast cancer cell migration. ..
- Liu L, He J, Wei X, Wan G, Lao Y, Xu W, et al. MicroRNA-20a-mediated loss of autophagy contributes to breast tumorigenesis by promoting genomic damage and instability. Oncogene. 2017;36:5874-5884 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that miR-20a-mediated autophagy defect might be a new mechanism underlying the oncogenic function of miRNA during breast tumorigenesis. ..
- Zhou L, Chen J, Li Z, Li X, Hu X, Huang Y, et al. Integrated profiling of microRNAs and mRNAs: microRNAs located on Xq27.3 associate with clear cell renal cell carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15224 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it can be concluded that downregulation of miRNA genes clustered on Xq27.3 is associated with ccRCC. ..
- Chen L, Zhang S, Wu J, Cui J, Zhong L, Zeng L, et al. circRNA_100290 plays a role in oral cancer by functioning as a sponge of the miR-29 family. Oncogene. 2017;36:4551-4561 pubmed publisher..Taken together, it indicates that circRNAs may exert regulatory functions in OSCC and may be a potential target for OSCC therapy. ..
- Li X, Chen J, Hu X, Huang Y, Li Z, Zhou L, et al. Comparative mRNA and microRNA expression profiling of three genitourinary cancers reveals common hallmarks and cancer-specific molecular events. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22570 pubmed publisher..Our results provided a valuable source for future studies and highlighted some promising genes, miRNAs, pathways and processes that may be useful for diagnostic or therapeutic applications. ..
- Peng Z, Cheng Y, Tan B, Kang L, Tian Z, Zhu Y, et al. Comprehensive analysis of RNA-Seq data reveals extensive RNA editing in a human transcriptome. Nat Biotechnol. 2012;30:253-60 pubmed publisher..We found 44 editing sites in microRNAs (miRNAs), suggesting a potential link between RNA editing and miRNA-mediated regulation. Our approach facilitates large-scale studies to profile and compare editomes across a wide range of samples. ..
- Li Y, Chen D, Jin L, Liu J, Su Z, Li Y, et al. MicroRNA-20b-5p functions as a tumor suppressor in renal cell carcinoma by regulating cellular proliferation, migration and apoptosis. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1895-901 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results imply that miRâ€‘20bâ€‘5p may be a biomarker for early detection and prognosis prediction, as well as a therapeutic target for RCC. ..
- Xie W, Li M, Xu N, Lv Q, Huang N, He J, et al. MiR-181a regulates inflammation responses in monocytes and macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58639 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide the first evidence for anti-inflammatory effects of miR-181a mediated at least in part by down-regulating IL1a...
- Jin X, Sun Q, Liu F, Yang H, Liu M, Liu H, et al. microRNA 21-mediated suppression of Sprouty1 by Pokemon affects liver cancer cell growth and proliferation. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:1625-33 pubmed publisher..This study recognized miR-21 and Sprouty1 as novel targets of the Pokemon regulatory network. ..
- Zou X, Zhong J, Li J, Su Z, Chen Y, Deng W, et al. miR-362-3p targets nemo-like kinase and functions as a tumor suppressor in renal cancer cells. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:994-1002 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that miR-362-3p functions as a tumor suppressor in RCC, and may serve as a potential molecular target in the treatment of RCC. ..
- Dong S, Xiong W, Yuan J, Li J, Liu J, Xu X. MiRNA-146a regulates the maturation and differentiation of vascular smooth muscle cells by targeting NF-?B expression. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:407-12 pubmed publisher..These results support the conclusion that miR-146a is a novel regulator of VSMC fate and may be a new biomarker or therapeutic target for proliferative cardiovascular disease. ..
- Li Y, Chen D, Li Y, Jin L, Liu J, Su Z, et al. Identification of miRâ€‘130b as an oncogene in renal cell carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1902-8 pubmed publisher..Further investigations are required to examine the roles and target genes of miRâ€‘130b in RCC. ..
- Zhou Y, Huang T, Zhang J, Wong C, Zhang B, Dong Y, et al. TEAD1/4 exerts oncogenic role and is negatively regulated by miR-4269 in gastric tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2017;36:6518-6530 pubmed publisher..For the first time, the nuclear accumulated TEAD4 and downregulated miR-4269 are proposed to serve as novel prognostic biomarkers in GC. ..
- Song Y, Li L, Ou Y, Gao Z, Li E, Li X, et al. Identification of genomic alterations in oesophageal squamous cell cancer. Nature. 2014;509:91-5 pubmed publisher..This study has explored novel biological markers and tumorigenic pathways that would greatly improve therapeutic strategies for ESCC. ..
- Lan T, Yan X, Li Z, Xu X, Mao Q, Ma W, et al. Long non-coding RNA PVT1 serves as a competing endogenous RNA for miR-186-5p to promote the tumorigenesis and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705338 pubmed publisher..Taken together, plasmacytoma variant translocation 1 served as an endogenous sponge for miR-186-5p to reduce its inhibiting effect on yes-associated protein 1 and thus promoted the tumorigenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Liu H, He X, Li G, Ding Q, Liang W, Fan J. [Effects of microRNA-145 on epithelial-mesenchymal transition of TGF-?1-induced human renal proximal tubular epithelial cells]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2017;19:712-718 pubmed..05). miR-145 modulates the EMT of HK-2 cells treated with TGF-?1, possibly by inhibition of the activation of TGF-?-dependent Smad signaling pathway. ..
- Li Z, Bai P, Peng D, Wang H, Guo Y, Jiang Y, et al. Screening and confirmation of microRNA markers for distinguishing between menstrual and peripheral blood. Forensic Sci Int Genet. 2017;30:24-33 pubmed publisher..Our results established a multi-step procedure for body fluid identification and showed that the choice of quantitative method is important when miRNAs are used to identify the origin of blood samples. ..
- Xiang Y, Liao X, Yu C, Yao A, Qin H, Li J, et al. MiR-93-5p inhibits the EMT of breast cancer cells via targeting MKL-1 and STAT3. Exp Cell Res. 2017;357:135-144 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated a novel pathway through which miR-93-5p regulates MKL-1 and STAT3 to affect EMT controlling breast cancer cell migration. ..
- Zhang Z, Cao H, Huang D, Wu Q, Chen X, Wan J, et al. MicroRNA-200c plays an oncogenic role in nasopharyngeal carcinoma by targeting PTEN. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317703655 pubmed publisher..In vivo suppression of microRNA-200c level reduced tumor growth in mice. Overall, our data suggest that microRNA-200c plays an oncogenic role in nasopharyngeal carcinoma by targeting PTEN. ..
- Zhou Y, Hao Y, Li Y, Li R, Wu R, Wang S, et al. Amplification and up-regulation of MIR30D was associated with disease progression of cervical squamous cell carcinomas. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:230 pubmed publisher..Copy number amplifications of MIR30D gene and enhanced expression of miR-30d were positively correlated with tumor progression in CSCCs, indicating miR-30d might play an oncomiric role in the progression of CSCC. ..
- Mo Y, Lu Y, Wang P, Huang S, He L, Li D, et al. Long non-coding RNA XIST promotes cell growth by regulating miR-139-5p/PDK1/AKT axis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317690999 pubmed publisher..PDK1 was identified as a direct target of miR-139-5p. We proposed that XIST was responsible for hepatocellular carcinoma cell proliferation, and XIST exerted its function through the miR-139-5p/PDK1 axis. ..
- Geng X, Qiu S, Yang L, Liu Z, Yang G, Liu J, et al. Allergen-specific immune response suppresses interleukin 10 expression in B cells via increasing micro-RNA-17-92 cluster. Cell Biochem Funct. 2016;34:449-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-19a mediates the allergen-specific immune response-decreased IL-10 expression in B cells. ..
- Wang X, Zhang S, Cheng Z, Peng Q, Hu J, Gao L, et al. [MicroRNA383 regulates expression of PRDX3 in human medulloblastomas]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2012;41:547-52 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of miR-383 knockdowns the expression of PRDX3, inhibits proliferation and promotes apoptosis of Daoy cells, leading to increased intracellular ROS and decreased levels of mitochondrial membrane potential. ..
- Chen Y, Liu Z, Zhou K, Li B. [Value of serum miR-17-92 cluster in diagnosis of retinoblastoma]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2017;19:776-780 pubmed..miR-17-3P, miR-17-5P, miR-18a, and miR-20a are highly expressed in the serum of children with RB, and miR-18a may be used as a new marker for the diagnosis of RB. ..
- Qian Z, Li Y, Chen J, Li X, Gou D. miR-4632 mediates PDGF-BB-induced proliferation and antiapoptosis of human pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells via targeting cJUN. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C380-C391 pubmed publisher..It also implies that serum miR-4632 has the potential to serve as a circulating biomarker for PAH diagnosis. ..
- Gao Y, Yin Y, Xing X, Zhao Z, Lu Y, Sun Y, et al. Arsenic-induced anti-angiogenesis via miR-425-5p-regulated CCM3. Toxicol Lett. 2016;254:22-31 pubmed publisher..In addition, we demonstrated that inhibition of Notch and activation of VEGF/p38 signaling were involved in miR-425-5p blocking NaAsO2-induced anti-angiogenesis. ..
- Diao Y, Guo X, Jiang L, Wang G, Zhang C, Wan J, et al. miR-203, a tumor suppressor frequently down-regulated by promoter hypermethylation in rhabdomyosarcoma. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:529-39 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals that miR-203 functions as a tumor suppressor in RMS development. ..
- Liu F, Lv Q, Du W, Li H, Yang X, Liu D, et al. Specificity of miR-378a-5p targeting rodent fibronectin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:3272-3285 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that species-specific targeting by miRNA could also exert functional effects. Thus, one layer of regulation has been added to the complex network of miRNA signaling. ..
- Kang K, Zhang X, Liu H, Wang Z, Zhong J, Huang Z, et al. A novel real-time PCR assay of microRNAs using S-Poly(T), a specific oligo(dT) reverse transcription primer with excellent sensitivity and specificity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48536 pubmed publisher..With excellent sensitivity, specificity, and high-throughput, the S-Poly(T) method provides a powerful tool for miRNAs quantification and identification of tissue- or disease-specific miRNA biomarkers. ..