Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Locale: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Publications897 found, 100 shown here
- Chen H, Wang S, Chen L, Chen Y, Wu M, Zhang Y, et al. MicroRNA-344 inhibits 3T3-L1 cell differentiation via targeting GSK3? of Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:429-35 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that miR-344 inhibits adipocyte differentiation via targeting GSK3? and subsequently activating the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. ..
- Lan X, Lan X, Chang Y, Zhang X, Liu J, Vikash V, et al. Identification of Two Additional Susceptibility Loci for Inflammatory Bowel Disease in a Chinese Population. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2077-2090 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, we found that ZMIZ1 expression was markedly higher in both IBD patients and mice with experimentally induced colitis, suggesting that ZMIZ1 plays important roles in the pathogenesis of IBD. ..
- Mai H, Zeng Z, Feng K, Ye Y, Zhang C, Liang W, et al. Therapeutic targeting of the endothelin a receptor in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2006;97:1388-95 pubmed..These results support the rationale of combining ABT-627 with current standard chemotherapy to further improve the therapeutic ratio in the treatment of NPC. ..
- Zhao C, Zhang C, Wang Y, Zhou S, Zhou C, Li W, et al. Signals in pathological CNS extracts of ALS mice promote hMSCs neurogenic differentiation in vitro. Cell Biol Int. 2007;31:1428-35 pubmed..These results show that pathological condition of ALS is endowed with capacity to induce hMSCs neurogenic differentiation and hMSCs have shown a potential candidate in cellular therapy for ALS. ..
- Zhou Y, Ye R, Li Y, Xie C, Wu Y. Effect of anti-CD134L mAb and CTLA4Ig on ConA-induced proliferation, Th cytokine secretion, and anti-dsDNA antibody production in spleen cells from lupus-prone BXSB mice. Autoimmunity. 2008;41:395-404 pubmed publisher..The combined immune intervention described herein may prove useful for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus. ..
- Li Y, Xing D, Chen Q, Chen W. Enhancement of chemotherapeutic agent-induced apoptosis by inhibition of NF-kappaB using ursolic acid. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:462-73 pubmed publisher..By supplementing chemotherapy with minimally toxic ursolic acid, it is possible to improve the efficacy of cancer treatment by significantly reducing the necessary drug dose without sacrificing the treatment results. ..
- Fu L, Dong S, Xie Y, Tai L, Chen L, Kong K, et al. Down-regulation of tyrosine aminotransferase at a frequently deleted region 16q22 contributes to the pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2010;51:1624-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that TAT plays an important suppressive role in the development and progression of HCC. ..
- Li D, Wang D, Wang Y, Ling W, Feng X, Xia M. Adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase induces cholesterol efflux from macrophage-derived foam cells and alleviates atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:33499-509 pubmed publisher..AICAR treatment also inhibited atherosclerotic plaque formation in apoE(-/-) mice. Our findings elucidate a precise mechanism involved in the prevention of atherogenesis by AMPK...
- Huang L, Huang R, Ran X, Liu H, Zhang Y, Dai L, et al. Three-generation experiment showed female C57BL/6J mice drink drainage canal water containing low level of TCDD-like activity causing high pup mortality. J Toxicol Sci. 2011;36:713-24 pubmed..Considering this canals are open directly to Pearl River, whether these effects could be caused in human reproduction and development warrants further study. ..
- Chen H, Mo X, Yu J, Huang Z. Alpinetin attenuates inflammatory responses by interfering toll-like receptor 4/nuclear factor kappa B signaling pathway in lipopolysaccharide-induced mastitis in mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;17:26-32 pubmed publisher..Alpinetin may be a promising potential therapeutic reagent for mastitis treatment. ..
- Zhang C, Chen Q, Wu W, Guo X, Cai C, Zhang L. Synthesis and evaluation of cholesterol-grafted PEGylated peptides with pH-triggered property as novel drug carriers for cancer chemotherapy. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;142:55-64 pubmed publisher..The results indicate the synthesized copolymers might be a potential hydrophobic drug delivery carrier for cancer targeting therapy with controlled drug release. ..
- Wang Z, Zhou J, Huang Z, Yang A, Liu Z, Xia Y, et al. Aloe polysaccharides mediated radioprotective effect through the inhibition of apoptosis. J Radiat Res. 2004;45:447-54 pubmed..5 Gy irradiation provided the best radioprotective effect and improved the 30-day survival rate of mice to 86.0%, from 10.0%. AP exerted radioprotective effects in vitro and in vivo through an inhibition of apoptosis. ..
- Qin Y, Yuan M, Li L, Guo S, Yuan M, Li W, et al. Use of polylactic acid/polytrimethylene carbonate blends membrane to prevent postoperative adhesions. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2006;79:312-9 pubmed..01), but the treatment group was better than the control group (p < 0.05). The in-vivo studies confirmed that PLA/PTMC blends membrane could prevent postoperative adhesions...
- Li F, Gasser R, Lai D, Claes F, Zhu X, Lun Z. PCR approach for the detection of Trypanosoma brucei and T. equiperdum and their differentiation from T. evansi based on maxicircle kinetoplast DNA. Mol Cell Probes. 2007;21:1-7 pubmed..The current PCR approach allows the rapid differentiation of T. brucei/T.equiperdum from T. evansi and can detect the equivalent of 20-25 cells of T. brucei or T. equiperdum in purified genomic DNA or infected blood samples. ..
- Yao C, Lin Y, Chua M, Ye C, Bi J, Li W, et al. Interleukin-8 modulates growth and invasiveness of estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:1949-57 pubmed
- Wu J, Xiao X, Jia H, Chen J, Zhu Y, Zhao P, et al. Dynamic distribution and expression in vivo of the human interferon gamma gene delivered by adenoviral vector. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:55 pubmed publisher..An IFNgamma gene delivered by an adenoviral vector achieved high and consistent intratumoral expression. Disseminated Ad-IFNgamma DNA and the transgene product were mainly enriched in the liver. ..
- Fang F, Kang Z, Wong C. Vitamin E tocotrienols improve insulin sensitivity through activating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010;54:345-52 pubmed publisher..These lines of evidence collectively suggested that PPARs represent a set of molecular targets of tocotrienols. ..
- Tang Y, Dong W, Kong T. Effects of heating on the immunogenicity and biological toxicity of Deinagkistrodon acutus venom and its fractions. Toxicon. 2010;56:45-54 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that venom fractions heated and injected separately could significantly reduce their toxicity and enhance the neutralization of antiserum induced by them. ..
- Zhou S, Yuan X, Liu Q, Zhang X, Pan X, Zang L, et al. BAPTA-AM, an intracellular calcium chelator, inhibits RANKL-induced bone marrow macrophages differentiation through MEK/ERK, p38 MAPK and Akt, but not JNK pathways. Cytokine. 2010;52:210-4 pubmed publisher..This finding may be useful in the development of an osteoclastic inhibitor that targets intracellular signaling factors...
- Pan Q, Liu Y, Zheng J, Lu X, Wu S, Zhu P, et al. Protective effect of chloral hydrate against lipopolysaccharide/D-galactosamine-induced acute lethal liver injury and zymosan-induced peritonitis in mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:967-77 pubmed..These effects are also likely associated with the inhibition of NF-kappaB activity...
- Qi X, Kim D, Yoon Y, Kim S, Cai D, Teng Y, et al. Involvement of oxidative stress in simvastatin-induced apoptosis of murine CT26 colon carcinoma cells. Toxicol Lett. 2010;199:277-87 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that simvastatin induces colon cancer cell death at least in part by increasing intracellular oxidative stress and inducing apoptosis. ..
- Li J, Liang X, Yang X. Ursolic acid inhibits growth and induces apoptosis in gemcitabine-resistant human pancreatic cancer via the JNK and PI3K/Akt/NF-?B pathways. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:501-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our present data suggest that UA can act as a novel and potent therapeutic agent in gemcitabine-resistant pancreatic cancer and even as a promising candidate in other chemoresistant cancers. ..
- Tang Y, Jiang L, Zhou J, Yin Y, Yang X, Liu W, et al. Induction of virus-neutralizing antibodies and T cell responses by dengue virus type 1 virus-like particles prepared from Pichia pastoris. Chin Med J (Engl). 2012;125:1986-92 pubmed..P. pastoris-expressed DENV-1 VLPs can induce virus neutralizing antibodies and T cell responses in immunized mice. Using P. pastoris to produce VLPs offers a promising and economic strategy for dengue virus vaccine development. ..
- Wang G, Li Y, Wang X, Han Z, Chuai M, Wang L, et al. Slit/Robo1 signaling regulates neural tube development by balancing neuroepithelial cell proliferation and differentiation. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:1083-93 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we propose that Slit/Robo1 signaling is involved in regulating neural tube development by tightly coordinating cell proliferation and differentiation during neurulation. ..
- Cai Q, Huang H, Qian D, Chen K, Luo J, Tian Y, et al. 13-methyltetradecanoic acid exhibits anti-tumor activity on T-cell lymphomas in vitro and in vivo by down-regulating p-AKT and activating caspase-3. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65308 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that 13-MTD inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis through the down-regulation of AKT phosphorylation followed by caspase activation, which may provide a new approach for treating T-cell lymphomas. ..
- Liu M, Chen L, Chan T, Song Y, Fu L, Zeng T, et al. Allele-specific imbalance of oxidative stress-induced growth inhibitor 1 associates with progression of hepatocellular carcinoma. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1084-96 pubmed publisher..We identified OSGIN1 as a tumor suppressor that is down-regulated or altered in human HCCs. Variants of OSGIN1 detected in HCC samples reduce apoptosis and are associated with shorter survival times of patients. ..
- Yang J, Li F, Liu Q, Rüedi M, Wei E, Lentsman M, et al. A novel TRPM8 agonist relieves dry eye discomfort. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:101 pubmed publisher..C3 is a promising candidate for study of TRPM8 function on the eye surface and for relief of dry eye discomfort. ISRCTN24802609 and ISRCTN13359367 . Registered 23 March 2015 and 2 September 2015. ..
- Dai C, Liang Y, Chen L, Zhang X, Deng W, Su X, et al. Sensitization of ABCB1 overexpressing cells to chemotherapeutic agents by FG020326 via binding to ABCB1 and inhibiting its function. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;78:355-64 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, FG020326 was co-localized with ABCB1 in cell membranes. Hence, FG020326 is characterized as a third generation MDR modulator that holds great promise for the treatment of cancer patients with ABCB1-mediated MDR. ..
- Liu Y, Liu Z, Wang Y, Liang Y, Wen X, Hu J, et al. Investigation of the performance of PEG-PEI/ROCK-II-siRNA complexes for Alzheimer's disease in vitro. Brain Res. 2013;1490:43-51 pubmed publisher..RT-PCR and western blotting demonstrated effective gene silencing. These results indicated that PEG-PEI/ROCK-II-siRNA complexes effectively suppressed ROCK-II mRNA expression, providing the basis for future research in vivo. ..
- Zhang J, Fu Y, Song X, Liang M. [Expression of integrin α5 and β1 in osteoblast in the process of gingipains-induced apoptosis]. Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2013;48:653-9 pubmed..004,0.020 ± 0.000) (P < 0.05). Gingipains inhibited the expression of integrin α5 and β1 in a time- and dose- dependent manner in osteoblasts in the process of apoptosis, which may not be mediated by direct proteolytic effect. ..
- Ma X, Cao Y, Shu D, Bi Y. Cloning and expression of swine myostatin gene and its application in animal immunization trial. Sci China C Life Sci. 2005;48:368-74 pubmed..Surprisingly, the progenies of the immunized mice also were heavier than the controls. Especially at day 3, the average body weight of the immunized mice was 10.5% higher than that of the controls, which is significant (p < 0.05). ..
- Tan J, Zhang Q, Huang Z, Chen Y, Wang X, Gu L, et al. Synthesis, DNA binding and cytotoxicity of new pyrazole emodin derivatives. Eur J Med Chem. 2006;41:1041-7 pubmed..The derivatives with a mono-cationic alkyl side chain exhibited the highest DNA binding affinity and cytotoxicity. ..
- Yang Q, Hu X, Wan Q, Wang W. [Study on anti-tumor effect of medicinal fungi Phellinus igniarius extracts]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2006;31:1713-5 pubmed..To study the inhibiting effect of medicinal fungi Phellinus igniarius extracts on S180 tumor and the immunoregulation effect on the S180-induced tumor mice...
- Huang L, Li B, Li W, Guo H, Zou F. ATP-sensitive potassium channels control glioma cells proliferation by regulating ERK activity. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:737-44 pubmed publisher..We concluded that K(ATP) channels are important in pathological cell proliferation and open a promising pathway for novel targeted therapies. ..
- Yang X, Cai W, Xu Z, Chen J, Li C, Liu S, et al. High efficacy and minimal peptide required for the anti-angiogenic and anti-hepatocarcinoma activities of plasminogen K5. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:2519-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that K5mut1 with high efficacy is the minimal active peptide sequence of K5 and may have therapeutic potential in liver cancer. ..
- Li D, Zhang Y, Ma J, Ling W, Xia M. Adenosine monophosphate activated protein kinase regulates ABCG1-mediated oxysterol efflux from endothelial cells and protects against hypercholesterolemia-induced endothelial dysfunction. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1354-62 pubmed publisher..Our current findings uncover a novel mechanism by which AMPK protects against hypercholesterolemia-mediated endothelial dysfunction. ..
- Cao J, Shang C, Lu L, Qiu D, Ren M, Chen Y, et al. Differentiation of embryonic stem cells into hepatocytes that coexpress coagulation factors VIII and IX. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010;31:1478-86 pubmed publisher..We have established a novel in vitro differentiation protocol for ES-derived hepatocytes that coexpress F-VIII and F-IX that may provide a foundation for stem cell replacement therapy for hemophilia. ..
- Tang J, Zhao F, Gao H, Dai Y, Yao Z, Hong K, et al. Characterization and online detection of surfactin isomers based on HPLC-MS(n) analyses and their inhibitory effects on the overproduction of nitric oxide and the release of TNF-α and IL-6 in LPS-induced macrophages. Mar Drugs. 2010;8:2605-18 pubmed publisher..These findings will be very helpful for the development of this novel kind of natural product as new anti-inflammatory agents. ..
- Wei H, Zhao L, Li W, Fan K, Qian W, Hou S, et al. Combinatorial PD-1 blockade and CD137 activation has therapeutic efficacy in murine cancer models and synergizes with cisplatin. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e84927 pubmed publisher..A similar combination of the 2 mAbs and cisplatin should be considered for clinical 'translation'. ..
- Du W, Liu F, Shan S, Ma X, Gupta S, Jin T, et al. Inhibition of Dexamethasone-induced Fatty Liver Development by Reducing miR-17-5p Levels. Mol Ther. 2015;23:1222-1233 pubmed publisher..Our studies show that miR-17-5p inhibitor and agents used in metabolic disorders may be applied in combination with Dexamethasone in the treatment of anti-inflammation, immunosuppression, and cancer patients. ..
- Chen Y, Wang L, Huang H, Tan R, Zhao J, Yang S, et al. Mechano-regulatory cellular behaviors of NIH/3T3 in response to the storage modulus of liquid crystalline substrates. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2016;57:42-54 pubmed publisher..Our study provides insights into the mechanism of modulus-driven cellular behaviors for better design of bioengineered cell substrates. ..
- Zhang H, Zhou Z, Chen Z, Zhong Z, Li Z. Ginsenoside Rg3 exerts anti-depressive effect on an NMDA-treated cell model and a chronic mild stress animal model. J Pharmacol Sci. 2017;134:45-54 pubmed publisher..This study provides direct evidence to support the antidepressant effects of ginsenoside Rg3, potentially indicating its application in the treatment of clinical depression. ..
- Lin Y, Zeng Y, Di J, Zeng S. Murine CD200+ CK7+ trophoblasts in a poly (I:C)-induced embryo resorption model. Reproduction. 2005;130:529-37 pubmed
- Lu L, Yang Z, Zhu B, Fang S, Yang X, Cai W, et al. Kallikrein-binding protein suppresses growth of hepatocellular carcinoma by anti-angiogenic activity. Cancer Lett. 2007;257:97-106 pubmed..Down-regulation of VEGF in tumor cells through inhibiting HIF-1alpha may represent a novel mechanism for the anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor activity of KBP. ..
- Zhong B, Strnad P, Selmi C, Invernizzi P, Tao G, Caleffi A, et al. Keratin variants are overrepresented in primary biliary cirrhosis and associate with disease severity. Hepatology. 2009;50:546-54 pubmed publisher..K8/K18/K19 variants are overrepresented in Italian PBC patients and associate with liver disease progression. Therefore, we hypothesize that K8/K18/K19 variants may serve as genetic modifiers in PBC. ..
- Zhao Y, Liu H, Li Y, Wu J, Greenlee A, Yang C, et al. The role of miR-506 in transformed 16HBE cells induced by anti-benzo[a]pyrene-trans-7,8-dihydrodiol-9,10-epoxide. Toxicol Lett. 2011;205:320-6 pubmed publisher..The identification of tumor suppressive miRNAs could provide new insight into the molecular mechanisms of chemical carcinogenesis. ..
- Yang W, Li S, Weisel R, Liu S, Li R. Cell fusion contributes to the rescue of apoptotic cardiomyocytes by bone marrow cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:3085-95 pubmed publisher..6 ± 0.6%, P < 0.05). Enhancing cell fusion may be one method to preserve cardiomyocytes following myocardial infarction, and this new approach may provide a novel target for cardiac regenerative therapies. ..
- Wang G, Hu B, Li Z. Cold ischemia/reperfusion injury in a mouse model of partial liver transplantation. J Surg Res. 2013;181:337-41 pubmed publisher..This study suggests partial liver transplantation can be performed in mice with satisfying graft survival. Increasing lengths of cold storage are associated with the progression of tissue injury and decreasing survival. ..
- Guo F, Li J, Du W, Zhang S, O Connor M, Thomas G, et al. mTOR regulates DNA damage response through NF-?B-mediated FANCD2 pathway in hematopoietic cells. Leukemia. 2013;27:2040-2046 pubmed publisher..Thus, mTOR regulates DDR and genomic stability in hematopoietic cells through a noncanonical pathway involving NF-?B-mediated FANCD2 expression. ..
- Mai Z, Peng Z, Wu S, Zhang J, Chen L, Liang H, et al. Single bout short duration fluid shear stress induces osteogenic differentiation of MC3T3-E1 cells via integrin ?1 and BMP2 signaling cross-talk. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61600 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide further experimental evidence to support the notion that single bout short duration fluid shear stress can promote osteogenic differentiation. ..
- Yu B, Liu T, Du Y, Luo Z, Zheng W, Chen T. X-ray-responsive selenium nanoparticles for enhanced cancer chemo-radiotherapy. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;139:180-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study provides a novel strategy for rational design and facile synthesis of chemo-radio therapeutic radiosensitization nanomaterials. ..
- Jiang Y, Wang Y, Tan H, Yu T, Fan X, Chen P, et al. Schisandrol B protects against acetaminophen-induced acute hepatotoxicity in mice via activation of the NRF2/ARE signaling pathway. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2016;37:382-9 pubmed publisher..SolB exhibits a remarkable protective effect against APAP-induced hepatotoxicity, partially via activation of the NRF2/ARE pathway and regulation of NRF2 target genes, which induce detoxification and increase antioxidant capacity. ..
- Zhao M, Yang B, Wang J, Liu Y, Yu L, Jiang Y. Immunomodulatory and anticancer activities of flavonoids extracted from litchi (Litchi chinensis Sonn) pericarp. Int Immunopharmacol. 2007;7:162-6 pubmed..Epicatechin and proanthocyanidin B2 had lower cytotoxicities to human breast cancer cell MCF-7 and human embryolic lung fibroblast than paclitaxel...
- Wang A, Li S. Hydroxycamptothecin-loaded nanoparticles enhance target drug delivery and anticancer effect. BMC Biotechnol. 2008;8:46 pubmed publisher..HCPT-loaded nanoparticles appear to change the pharmacokinetic behavior of HCPT in vivo. ..
- Yu J, Huang X, Lv W, Ye C, Peng X, Zhang H, et al. Combination of stromal-derived factor-1alpha and vascular endothelial growth factor gene-modified endothelial progenitor cells is more effective for ischemic neovascularization. J Vasc Surg. 2009;50:608-16 pubmed publisher..The combination of SDF-1alpha and VEGF greatly increases EPC-mediated angiogenesis. The use VEGF and SDF-1alpha together, rather than alone, will be a novel and efficient angiogenesis strategy to provide therapeutic neovascularization. ..
- Fu B, He X, Yu S, Hu A, Ma Y, Wu L, et al. Tolerogenic semimature dendritic cells induce effector T-cell hyporesponsiveness by the activation of antigen-specific CD4+ CD25+ T-regulatory cells. Exp Clin Transplant. 2009;7:149-56 pubmed..We hypothesized that donor semimature dendritic cells injected into recipients would induce effector T-cell hyporesponsiveness by activating CD4+CD25+ T-regulatory cells...
- Huang Y, Li X, Lin H, Chu Y, Chen B, Lian Q, et al. Regulation of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 and 2 by IGF-1 in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:1752-6 pubmed publisher..11beta-HSD1 and 11beta-HSD2 activities fluctuated with the changes of their respective Hsd11b1 or Hsd11b2 mRNA levels. In conclusion, IGF-I tissue-specifically regulates Hsd11b1 and Hsd11b2 expression. ..
- Peng P, Wu X, Guan T, Chen W, Zhang Y, Zhang W, et al. [Effect of sphingosine-1-phosphate on chemotherapy-induced ovarian damage and on the efficacy of chemotherapy in mice bearing S180 tumor]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2012;32:383-6 pubmed..01), and the tumor inhibition rates were both higher than 60%. S1P can ameliorate chemotherapy-induced ovarian damage in mice without affecting the efficacy of chemotherapy. ..
- Wang Z, Liang Y, Tang H, Chen Z, Li Z, Wu J, et al. [Expression and effects of microRNA-155 in the livers of septic mice]. Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2012;24:154-7 pubmed..96 ± 9.34)-fold of control group, P<0.05]. The increase in miR-155 expression might play an important role in the mechanism of liver injury during sepsis. ..
- Huang T, Wang H, Tang G, Liang X, Nie D, Yi C, et al. A comparative uptake study of multiplexed PET tracers in mice with turpentine-induced inflammation. Molecules. 2012;17:13948-59 pubmed publisher..As a promising inflammatory tracer, the chemical structure of [¹¹C]DPA-Zn²⁺ needs to be further optimized. ..
- Liu W, Long Q, Chen K, Li S, Xiang G, Chen S, et al. Mitochondrial metabolism transition cooperates with nuclear reprogramming during induced pluripotent stem cell generation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;431:767-71 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the remodeling of mitochondrial cristae couples with the generation of iPSCs, suggesting mitochondrial metabolism transition plays an important role in nuclear reprogramming. ..
- Yin T, Wang P, Li J, Zheng R, Zheng B, Cheng D, et al. Ultrasound-sensitive siRNA-loaded nanobubbles formed by hetero-assembly of polymeric micelles and liposomes and their therapeutic effect in gliomas. Biomaterials. 2013;34:4532-43 pubmed publisher..These results show that, with the aid of US exposure, the US-sensitive siRNA-NB may be an ideal delivery vector to mediate highly effective RNA interference for tumor treatment. ..
- Yu P, Li J, Zhu Z, Kong H, Jin H, Zhang J, et al. Praeruptorin D and E attenuate lipopolysaccharide/hydrochloric acid induced acute lung injury in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;710:39-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggested that PD and PE might be useful in the therapy of lung injury...
- Wang Y, Yu X, Wang F, Wang Y, Wang Y, Li H, et al. Yohimbine promotes cardiac NE release and prevents LPS-induced cardiac dysfunction via blockade of presynaptic ?2A-adrenergic receptor. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63622 pubmed publisher..However, cardiac ?1-AR activation promotes LPS-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis. ..
- Xie M, He C, Wei S, Zhang L. Notch-1 contributes to epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor acquired resistance in non-small cell lung cancer in vitro and in vivo. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:3559-72 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that Notch-1 might play a novel role in acquired resistance to gefitinib, which could be reversed by inhibiting Notch-1. ..
- Shao L, Zhou H, Zhang H, Qin L, Hwa J, Yun Z, et al. SENP1-mediated NEMO deSUMOylation in adipocytes limits inflammatory responses and type-1 diabetes progression. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8917 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals previously unrecognized mechanism regulating the onset and progression of T1DM associated with adipocyte dysfunction. ..
- Sun F, Xie Q, Ma J, Yang S, Chen Q, Hong A. Nuclear factor Y is required for basal activation and chromatin accessibility of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 promoter in osteoblast-like cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3136-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that interaction of NF-Y at the CCAAT box is pivotal to FGFR2 gene transcription partly through the construction of a local open chromatin configuration across the promoter. ..
- Zheng H, Qiao C, Wang C, Li J, Li J, Yuan Z, et al. Efficient retrograde transport of adeno-associated virus type 8 to spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion after vector delivery in muscle. Hum Gene Ther. 2010;21:87-97 pubmed publisher..These results support the mechanism of vector retrograde transport and suggest that AAV8 crosses blood-nerve barrier poorly. Our finding should have important implications in gene therapy for peripheral neurological disorders. ..
- Wu Z, Li G, Wu L, Weng D, Li X, Yao K. Cripto-1 overexpression is involved in the tumorigenesis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:315 pubmed publisher..01). Data of this study suggest that Cripto-1 overexpression is connected with the tumorigenesis and progression of NPC, lentivector-mediated RNAi might be feasible for the inhibition of the growth and invasion of NPC. ..
- Nie H, Meng L, Zhou J, Fan X, Luo Y, Zhang G. Imperatorin is responsible for the vasodilatation activity of Angelica Dahurica var. Formosana regulated by nitric oxide in an endothelium-dependent manner. Chin J Integr Med. 2009;15:442-7 pubmed publisher..29 %. The principal effective component of Angelica dahurica var. Formosana was found to be imperatorin. Imperatorin-induced vasodilatation is at least partially regulated by nitric oxide, and has no correlation to beta-receptor. ..
- Wang L, Yin Z, Zhang Q, Zhang X, Zhang D, Liu K, et al. Five new C21 steroidal glycosides from Periploca sepium. Steroids. 2011;76:238-43 pubmed publisher..Their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic analysis and chemical evidence. All compounds were evaluated for their immunosuppressive activities. ..
- Jiang S, Wu Y, Guo S, Lv Z. Decreased renal mRNA expression of TRPM6 is associated with hypomagnesemia in C57BL/6 asthmatic mice. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2010;14:935-40 pubmed..This study indicates that the consistently reduced expression of TRPM6 mRNA may play a role in the pathogenesis of hypomagnesemia in C57BL/6 asthmatic mice. ..
- Zhou J, Chen F, Xiao J, Li C, Liu Y, Ding Y, et al. Enhanced functional properties of corneal epithelial cells by coculture with embryonic stem cells via the integrin ?1-FAK-PI3K/Akt pathway. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:1168-77 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that the functional properties of stem-like corneal epithelial cells were enhanced by cocultured embryonic stem cells via activation of the integrin ?1-FAK-PI3K/Akt signalling pathway...
- Zhou T, Li S, Zhong W, Vihervaara T, Béaslas O, Perttilä J, et al. OSBP-related protein 8 (ORP8) regulates plasma and liver tissue lipid levels and interacts with the nucleoporin Nup62. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21078 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that ORP8 has the capacity to modulate lipid homeostasis and SREBP activity, probably through an indirect mechanism, and provide clues of an entirely new mode of ORP action. ..
- Pan J, Zhou X, Luo R, Han R. The adeno-associated virus-mediated HSV-TK/GCV suicide system: a potential strategy for the treatment of bladder carcinoma. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1938-47 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a foundation for the development of potential targeted clinical therapies for bladder cancer in humans. ..
- Zhou T, He X, Cheng R, Zhang B, Zhang R, Chen Y, et al. Implication of dysregulation of the canonical wingless-type MMTV integration site (WNT) pathway in diabetic nephropathy. Diabetologia. 2012;55:255-66 pubmed publisher..The WNT pathway is activated in the kidneys of models of both type 1 and 2 diabetes. Dysregulation of the WNT pathway in diabetes represents a new pathogenic mechanism of diabetic nephropathy and renders a new therapeutic target. ..
- Li L, Fang Y, Dong G, Lin Y, Saito S. Depletion of invariant NKT cells reduces inflammation-induced preterm delivery in mice. J Immunol. 2012;188:4681-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that iNKT cells may play an essential role in inflammation-induced preterm birth. ..
- Liu Z, Zhuang J, Li C, Wan P, Li N, Zhou Q, et al. Long-term cultivation of human corneal endothelial cells by telomerase expression. Exp Eye Res. 2012;100:40-51 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicated that we had established a cell line with its similar phenotype and properties to primary HCECs. Further study of the TERT-HCECs may be valuable in studying the function of the cells in vivo. ..
- Chen B, Li W, He R, Li Y, Tsoi B, Zhai Y, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of a polyphenols-rich extract from tea (Camellia sinensis) flowers in acute and chronic mice models. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2012;2012:537923 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that tea flowers had potent anti-inflammatory effects on acute and immunological inflammation in vivo, and may be used as a functional natural food. ..
- Wang W, Chen X, Xue C, Du Y, Lv L, Liu Q, et al. Production and immunogenicity of chimeric virus-like particles containing porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus GP5 protein. Vaccine. 2012;30:7072-7 pubmed publisher..The data suggested that the chimeric VLP vaccine candidate may provide a new strategy for further development of vaccines against PRRSV infection. ..
- Chen X, Ying Z, Lin X, Lin H, Wu J, Li M, et al. Acylglycerol kinase augments JAK2/STAT3 signaling in esophageal squamous cells. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2576-89 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover a mechanism for constitutive activation of JAK2/STAT3 signaling in solid tumors and may represent a prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target. ..
- Zhao J, Han W, Tang M, Tu M, Zeng R, Liang Z, et al. Structure, morphology and cell affinity of poly(L-lactide) films surface-functionalized with chitosan nanofibers via a solid-liquid phase separation technique. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013;33:1546-53 pubmed publisher..Herein, engineering a nano-structured surface by solid-liquid phase separation will be a promising tool for surface modification of biomaterials...
- Cao Y, Pang J, Zhou P. HCN Channel as Therapeutic Targets for Heart Failure and Pain. Curr Top Med Chem. 2016;16:1855-61 pubmed..This review will summarize the structure and function of HCN channels. Further, we will discuss recent advances concerning the identification and action mechanism of reported HCN channel inhibitors. ..