Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on conserved sequence in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Locale: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Topic: conserved sequence
- Xu F, Liu Q, Chen L, Kuang J, Walk T, Wang J, et al. Genome-wide identification of soybean microRNAs and their targets reveals their organ-specificity and responses to phosphate starvation. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:66 pubmed publisher..The targets of miR399, miR2111, and miR159e-3p were confirmed. Taken together, our study implies the important roles of miRNAs in P signaling and provides clues for deciphering the functions for microRNA/target modules in soybean. ..
- Niu B, He F, He M, Ren D, Chen L, Liu Y. The ATP-binding cassette transporter OsABCG15 is required for anther development and pollen fertility in rice. J Integr Plant Biol. 2013;55:710-20 pubmed publisher..This work is helpful to understand the regulatory network in rice anther development. ..
- Luo S, Wang W, Sun Z, Xie F, Kong J, Liu Y, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis of (B-cell lymphoma-2 associated X protein) Bax in the orange-spotted grouper (Epinephelus coioides) after the Vibrio alginolyticus challenge. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;60:66-79 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that EcBax containing the conserved domain of pro-apoptotic member of Bcl-2 family may disrupt the mammalian signaling and play a regulative role in the apoptotic process. ..
- Wang H, Liu G, Zhang H, Xing S, Hu L, Zhao W, et al. Sp1 and c-Myc regulate transcription of BMI1 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. FEBS J. 2013;280:2929-44 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings provide valuable mechanistic insights into the role of Sp1 and c-Myc in BMI1 transcription in NPC, and suggest that targeting of Sp1 or c-Myc may be a potential therapeutic strategy for NPC. ..
- Zeng C, Wang R, Li D, Lin X, Wei Q, Yuan Y, et al. A novel GSK-3 beta-C/EBP alpha-miR-122-insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor regulatory circuitry in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2010;52:1702-12 pubmed publisher..Moreover, AFB? exposure resulted in decreased activity in GSK-3?, C/EBP?, and miR-122 and increased levels of IGF-1R, whereas restoration of miR-122 suppressed the tumorigenicity of HCC and AFB?-transformed cells...
- Zhou P, Xu W, Peng X, Luo Z, Xing Q, Chen X, et al. Large-scale screens of miRNA-mRNA interactions unveiled that the 3'UTR of a gene is targeted by multiple miRNAs. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68204 pubmed publisher..3%) of the nine prediction programs used here. Additionally, we noticed that a relatively high conservation level was shown at the miRNA 3' end targeted regions, as well as the 5' end (seed region) binding sites. ..
- Zhang L, Zhu T, Lin D, Zhang Y, Zhang W. A second form of Sox11 homologue identified in the orange-spotted grouper Epinephelus coioides: analysis of sequence and mRNA expression patterns. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;157:415-22 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicated that the orange-spotted grouper sox11a was evolutionarily more conserved than sox11b, and may play important roles in neurogenesis, embryogenesis, and larval development. ..
- Wang H, Zhang W, Gu H, Chen W, Zeng M, Ji C, et al. Identification and characterization of two linear epitope motifs in hepatitis E virus ORF2 protein. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184947 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results further our understanding of the epitope distribution of HEV ORF2, and provide important information for the development of peptide-based immunodiagnostic tests to detect HEV in serum. ..
- Liu Y, Li M, Fan S, Lin Y, Lin B, Luo F, et al. A unique feature of Toll/IL-1 receptor domain-containing adaptor protein is partially responsible for lipopolysaccharide insensitivity in zebrafish with a highly conserved function of MyD88. J Immunol. 2010;185:3391-400 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the zebrafish Tirap needs a longer N terminus to perform its function and could be partially responsible for the resistance to LPS in zebrafish. ..
- Chen W, Yu B, Zhang Q, Xu P. Identification of the residues in the extracellular domain of thrombopoietin receptor involved in the binding of thrombopoietin and a nuclear distribution protein (human NUDC). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:26697-709 pubmed publisher..These separate binding sites on the Mpl receptor for TPO and hNUDC raise interesting implications for the cytokine-receptor interactions. ..
- Liang H, Chen H, Shen Y, Feng Q, Jin W, Huang W, et al. A rare polymorphism of the COX7B2 gene in a Cantonese family with nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Sci China C Life Sci. 2004;47:449-53 pubmed..Our results suggested that the codon 26 of COX7B2 gene might be conservative during the process of evolution, and the rare variation His26Gln was probably associated with the high risk in NPC pedigree 31. ..
- Chen Y, Pan Y, Guo Y, Qiu L, Ding X, Che X. Comprehensive mapping of immunodominant and conserved serotype- and group-specific B-cell epitopes of nonstructural protein 1 from dengue virus type 1. Virology. 2010;398:290-8 pubmed publisher..These novel immunodominant serotype- and group-specific B-cell epitopes of DENV NS1 may aid the development of new dengue vaccines and diagnostic assays...
- Li W, Qi L, Lin X, Chen H, Ma Z, Wu K, et al. The expression of manganese superoxide dismutase gene from Nelumbo nucifera responds strongly to chilling and oxidative stresses. J Integr Plant Biol. 2009;51:279-86 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the expression pattern of the NnMSD1 gene differed between developing axes and cotyledons, and that the NnMSD1 gene expression responds strongly to chilling and oxidative stress...
- He S, Liang X, Li R, Li G, Wang L, Shen D. Molecular characterization of heat shock protein 70 genes in the liver of three warm freshwater fishes with differential tolerance to microcystin-LR. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2010;24:293-302 pubmed publisher..The differential expression pattern of liver HSP70 genes in the three fish indicated a potential role of HSP70 in the detoxification process of MC-LR. ..
- Lin B, Cao Z, Su P, Zhang H, Li M, Lin Y, et al. Characterization and comparative analyses of zebrafish intelectins: highly conserved sequences, diversified structures and functions. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;26:396-405 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these varied features have evolved multiple times independently in different species, resulting in species-specific protein structures and expression patterns. ..
- Wen Y, Zheng L, Qu L, Ayala F, Lun Z. Pseudogenes are not pseudo any more. RNA Biol. 2012;9:27-32 pubmed publisher..We hope this point-of-view can be helpful to scientists working or seeking to work on these and related issues. ..
- Gong Y, Long Q, Xie H, Zhang T, Peng T. Cloning and characterization of human Golgi phosphoprotein 2 gene (GOLPH2/GP73/GOLM1) promoter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:713-20 pubmed publisher..These results delineated regulatory regions and functional element in GOLPH2 promoter, elucidated adenoviral E1A stimulation mechanisms and provided insight into GOLPH2 functions. ..
- Yuan M, Wu W, Liu C, Wang Y, Hu Z, Yang K, et al. A highly conserved baculovirus gene p48 (ac103) is essential for BV production and ODV envelopment. Virology. 2008;379:87-96 pubmed publisher..Confocal analysis showed that P48 prominently condensed in the centre of the nucleus. Our results demonstrate that P48 plays an essential role in BV production and ODV envelopment in the AcMNPV life cycle. ..
- Huang G, Xie X, Han Y, Fan L, Chen J, Mou C, et al. The identification of lymphocyte-like cells and lymphoid-related genes in amphioxus indicates the twilight for the emergence of adaptive immune system. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e206 pubmed..Our findings in the amphioxus indicate the twilight for the emergence of AIS before the invertebrate-vertebrate transition during evolution...
- Lin D, Luo Y, Yang G, Li F, Xie X, Chen D, et al. Potent influenza A virus entry inhibitors targeting a conserved region of hemagglutinin. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;144:35-51 pubmed publisher..Overall, in addition to providing a strategy for designing broad-spectrum anti-IAV agents, these results indicate that S-KKWK and its derivatives are prospective candidates for potent antivirals. ..
- Bai Y, Zhang Y, Wang J, Lin H, Zhang Z, Zhou D. Conservative region of the genes encoding four adhesins of Helicobacter pylori: cloning, sequence analysis and biological information analysis. Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao. 2002;22:869-71 pubmed..Biological information analysis indicates that CB has excellent immunogenicity and strict species specificity. ..
- Zhao X, Huang Z, Liu X, Chen Y, Gong W, Yu K, et al. The switch role of the Tmod4 in the regulation of balanced development between myogenesis and adipogenesis. Gene. 2013;532:263-71 pubmed publisher..Our study provides an important basis for further understanding the regulation and function of porcine Tmod4 in muscle and fat development. ..
- Li J, Li M, Wu P, Tian C, Jiang H, Wu G. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of a gene encoding a putative beta-ketoacyl-acyl carrier protein (ACP) synthase III (KAS III) from Jatropha curcas. Tree Physiol. 2008;28:921-7 pubmed..curcas genome. Quantitative real-time PCR analysis showed that JcKAS III was expressed in all tissues examined with highest expression in roots, and that expression of JcKAS III increased as seeds developed...
- Xing K, Deng R, Wang J, Feng J, Huang M, Wang X. Genome-based phylogeny of poxvirus. Intervirology. 2006;49:207-14 pubmed..This group could be the one that branched after the divergence of Avipoxviruses. Additionally, rabbitpox virus and vaccinia virus steadily formed clusters with high bootstrap support in all the cladograms...
- Gao X, Zhou H, Xu D, Yu C, Chen Y, Qu L. High diversity of endophytic fungi from the pharmaceutical plant, Heterosmilax japonica Kunth revealed by cultivation-independent approach. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;249:255-66 pubmed..Furthermore, our result also showed that the samples collected in spring harbored more abundant endophytic populations than that in summer, implying a seasonal fluctuation for the endophytes in H. japonica. ..
- Sun Z, Zheng W, Zhang B, Lu L, Mao X, Shi R, et al. Detection of hepatitis D virus by cDNA microarray method. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2004;3:423-7 pubmed..In acute and chronic infections, hepatitis D virus (HDV) infection often leads to a more severe disease. This study was designed to prepare microarrays for HDV detection...
- He D, Huang Y, Ou Z, Sheng H, Li S, Zhao X, et al. Molecular genetic assay of mucopolysaccharidosis IVA in South China. Gene. 2013;532:46-52 pubmed publisher..The results show that the GALNS gene has a different mutational spectrum in South China as compared to other regions. The p.A392V and p.L366P mutations were associated with severe phenotype of MPS IVA. ..
- Wang Q, Luo Y, Xie J, Dong C, Weng S, Ai H, et al. Identification of two novel membrane proteins from the Tiger frog virus (TFV). Virus Res. 2008;136:35-42 pubmed publisher..Immunogold electron microscopy (IEM) further localized these two proteins, showing that they were envelope proteins...
- Zhou H, Chen Y, Du Y, Qu L. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe mgU6-47 gene is required for 2'-O-methylation of U6 snRNA at A41. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:894-902 pubmed..The timing of S.pombe U6 pre-RNA transport in the nucleus for splicing and methylation was also analyzed and is described. ..