Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on bass in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Locale: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
- Tang Z, Sun C, Yan A, Wu S, Qin C, Zhang Y, et al. Genes involved in fatty acid metabolism: molecular characterization and hypothalamic mRNA response to energy status and neuropeptide Y treatment in the orange-spotted grouper Epinephelus coioides. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013;376:114-24 pubmed publisher..This study showed, for the first time in vertebrates, the effect of NPY on the gene expression of FA metabolism-related enzymes. ..
- Zhou S, Wan Q, Huang Y, Huang X, Cao J, Ye L, et al. Proteomic analysis of Singapore grouper iridovirus envelope proteins and characterization of a novel envelope protein VP088. Proteomics. 2011;11:2236-48 pubmed publisher..Neutralization assay also suggested that VP088 is involved in SGIV infection. This study will lead to a better understanding of molecular mechanisms of the iridoviral pathogenesis and virus-host interactions...
- Feng L, Lu D, Bei J, Chen J, Liu Y, Zhang Y, et al. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of polymeric immunoglobulin receptor gene in orange-spotted grouper (Epinephelus coioides). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;154:282-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study provided strong evidence that grouper pIgR was produced as a transmembrane protein, and probably involved in the pIgM transport. ..
- Zhang W, Wang W, Zhang L. Comparison of Bioavailability and Biotransformation of Inorganic and Organic Arsenic to Two Marine Fish. Environ Sci Technol. 2016;50:2413-23 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that different prey with different inorganic/organic As proportions resulted in diverse bioaccumulation of total As in different marine fish. ..
- Li S, Bai J, Cai L, Ma D, Du F. The complete mitochondrial genomes of largemouth bass of the northern subspecies (Micropterus salmoides salmoides) and Florida subspecies (Micropterus salmoides floridanus) and their applications in the identification of largemouth bass species. Mitochondrial DNA. 2012;23:92-9 pubmed publisher..Based on this gene, phylogenetic tree and genetic distance analyses supported that cultured largemouth bass in China belongs to the northern subspecies. ..
- Teng Y, Hou Z, Gong J, Liu H, Xie X, Zhang L, et al. Whole-genome transcriptional profiles of a novel marine fish iridovirus, Singapore grouper iridovirus (SGIV) in virus-infected grouper spleen cell cultures and in orange-spotted grouper, Epinephulus coioides. Virology. 2008;377:39-48 pubmed publisher..i. These data were confirmed by real-time RT-PCR. This study provides an experimental basis for investigation of virus-host interactions and the development of control strategies against SGIV infection...
- Dong H, Zeng L, Duan D, Zhang H, Wang Y, Li W, et al. Growth hormone and two forms of insulin-like growth factors I in the giant grouper (Epinephelus lanceolatus): molecular cloning and characterization of tissue distribution. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2010;36:201-12 pubmed publisher..These findings will contribute to the understanding of the evolution of GH and IGF-I, and provide some basic information about the characterization of GH and IGF-I in the giant grouper. ..
- Zhou J, Wei J, Xu D, Cui H, Yan Y, Ou Yang Z, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of two novel hepcidins from orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:559-68 pubmed publisher..These data should offer important information on the antimicrobial and antiviral roles of EC-hepcidins, and will be help to the better understanding of molecular mechanisms of grouper innate immunity...
- Li Y, Dan X, Zhang T, Luo X, Li A. Immune-related genes expression profile in orange-spotted grouper during exposure to Cryptocaryon irritans. Parasite Immunol. 2011;33:679-987 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that these four immune-related genes play an important role in grouper anti-C. irritans infection and that local immune organs as the active organs contribute more than systemic immune organs to this course. ..
- Wu S, Li B, Lin H, Li W. Stimulatory effects of neuropeptide Y on the growth of orange-spotted grouper (Epinephelus coioides). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;179:159-66 pubmed publisher..pastoris has the same bioactivity as synthetic gNPY and has the potential to be used as a feed additive for both research and aquatic application. ..
- Li S, Xie Z, Chen P, Tang J, Tang L, Chen H, et al. The complete mitochondrial genome of the Platax teira (Osteichthyes: Ephippidae). Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal. 2016;27:796-7 pubmed publisher..80% of A, 31.16% of C, 24.44% of T and 15.60% of G. With the exception of the NADH dehydrogenase subunit 6 (ND6) and seven tRNA genes, all other mitochondrial genes are encoded on the heavy strand. ..
- Wan Q, Gong J, Huang X, Huang Y, Zhou S, Ou Yang Z, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel capsid protein encoded by Singapore grouper iridovirus ORF038L. Arch Virol. 2010;155:351-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, antibodies specific for SGIV VP38 exhibited substantial SGIV-neutralizing activity in vitro, suggesting that VP38 might play an important role in SGIV infectivity...