Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in Xiamen, Fujian, China
Locale: Xiamen, Fujian, China
Topic: protein binding
- Ran X, Bian X, Ji Y, Yan X, Yang F, Li F. White spot syndrome virus IE1 and WSV056 modulate the G1/S transition by binding to the host retinoblastoma protein. J Virol. 2013;87:12576-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first evidence that WSSV may regulate cell cycle progression by targeting the Rb-E2F pathway. ..
- Xiao C, Yang X, Huang Q, Zhang Y, Lin B, Liu J, et al. ECHS1 acts as a novel HBsAg-binding protein enhancing apoptosis through the mitochondrial pathway in HepG2 cells. Cancer Lett. 2013;330:67-73 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ECHS1 may be applied as a potential therapeutic target during the treatment of HBV-related hepatitis or HCC. ..
- Li Z, Hou J, Sun L, Wen T, Wang L, Zhao X, et al. NMI mediates transcription-independent ARF regulation in response to cellular stresses. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4635-46 pubmed publisher..Thus our work reveals a novel NMI-mediated, transcription-independent ARF induction pathway in response to cellular stresses. ..
- Zhang Y, Xing Y, Zhang L, Mei Y, Yamamoto K, Mak T, et al. Regulation of cell cycle progression by forkhead transcription factor FOXO3 through its binding partner DNA replication factor Cdt1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:5717-22 pubmed publisher..We provide data that FOXO3 knockdown mimics Cdt1 down-regulation and affects G1/S transitions. Our results demonstrate a unique role of FOXO3 in binding to Cdt1 and maintaining its level required for cell cycle progression. ..
- Wu H, Lin Y, Li W, Sun Z, Gao W, Zhang H, et al. Regulation of Nur77 expression by ?-catenin and its mitogenic effect in colon cancer cells. FASEB J. 2011;25:192-205 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that Nur77 acts to promote the growth and survival of colon cancer cells and serves as an important mediator of the Wnt/?-catenin and AP-1 signaling pathways. ..
- Ao J, Chen X. Identification and characterization of a novel gene encoding an RGD-containing protein in large yellow croaker iridovirus. Virology. 2006;355:213-22 pubmed..This is the first report of the functional gene involved in virus infection and virus-host interaction in Megalocytivirus...
- Hong H, Cai Y, Zhang S, Ding H, Wang H, Han A. Molecular Basis of Substrate Specific Acetylation by N-Terminal Acetyltransferase NatB. Structure. 2017;25:641-649.e3 pubmed publisher..Together, these structures define a unique molecular mechanism of specific N-terminal acetylation acted by NatB. ..
- Huang Y, Wang Z, Liu Y, Xiong H, Zhao Y, Wu L, et al. Î±B-Crystallin Interacts with Nav1.5 and Regulates Ubiquitination and Internalization of Cell Surface Nav1.5. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:11030-41 pubmed publisher..5 and ubiquitination of Nav1.5, which requires the protein-protein interactions between Î±B-crystallin and Nav1.5 and between Î±B-crystallin and functionally active Nedd4-2. ..
- Zhao Y, Wang Y, Hu J, Zhang X, Zhang Y. CutA divalent cation tolerance homolog (Escherichia coli) (CUTA) regulates ?-cleavage of ?-amyloid precursor protein (APP) through interacting with ?-site APP cleaving protein 1 (BACE1). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:11141-50 pubmed publisher..Our results identify the H component of CUTA as a novel BACE1-interacting protein that mediates the intracellular trafficking of BACE1 and the processing of APP to A?. ..
- Lin W, Ye W, Cai L, Meng X, Ke G, Huang C, et al. The roles of multiple importins for nuclear import of murine aristaless-related homeobox protein. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20428-39 pubmed publisher..We propose a novel and possibly quite general mechanism for nuclear import of paired-type homeodomain proteins which is critical for development. ..
- Lu H, Li Z, Xue Y, Schulze Gahmen U, Johnson J, Krogan N, et al. AFF1 is a ubiquitous P-TEFb partner to enable Tat extraction of P-TEFb from 7SK snRNP and formation of SECs for HIV transactivation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E15-24 pubmed publisher..Our data identify AFF1 as a ubiquitous P-TEFb partner and demonstrate that full Tat transactivation requires the complete SEC. ..
- Rui Y, Xu Z, Xiong B, Cao Y, Lin S, Zhang M, et al. A beta-catenin-independent dorsalization pathway activated by Axin/JNK signaling and antagonized by aida. Dev Cell. 2007;13:268-82 pubmed..We have thus identified a dorsalization pathway that is exerted by Axin/JNK signaling and its inhibitor Aida during vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Zhang Y, Guo H, Zhang C, Lin S, Yin Z, Peng Y, et al. AMP as a low-energy charge signal autonomously initiates assembly of AXIN-AMPK-LKB1 complex for AMPK activation. Cell Metab. 2013;18:546-55 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate an initiating role of AMP and demonstrate that AXIN directly transmits AMP binding of AMPK to its activation by LKB1, uncovering the mechanistic route for AMP to elicit AMPK activation by LKB1. ..
- Xu J, Wu S, Zhang X. Novel function of QM protein of shrimp (Penaeus japonicus) in regulation of phenol oxidase activity by interaction with hemocyanin. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2008;21:473-80 pubmed publisher..This discovery showed a novel aspect of QM protein in arthropod immune response, which contributed a better understanding to the still poorly understood molecular events involved in innate immunity of arthropods...
- Zhao B, Chen H, Lei N, Li G, Zhao W, Zhan Y, et al. p53 mediates the negative regulation of MDM2 by orphan receptor TR3. EMBO J. 2006;25:5703-15 pubmed
- Han F, Wang X, Yang Q, Cai M, Wang Z. Characterization of a RacGTPase up-regulated in the large yellow croaker Pseudosciaena crocea immunity. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:501-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that LycRac protein might play an important role in the immune response against microorganisms in large yellow croaker. ..
- Hu M, Luo Q, Alitongbieke G, Chong S, Xu C, Xie L, et al. Celastrol-Induced Nur77 Interaction with TRAF2 Alleviates Inflammation by Promoting Mitochondrial Ubiquitination and Autophagy. Mol Cell. 2017;66:141-153.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, our results identify Nur77 as a critical intracellular target for celastrol and unravel a mechanism of Nur77-dependent clearance of inflamed mitochondria to alleviate inflammation. ..
- Wu H, Xiao Y, Zhang S, Ji S, Wei L, Fan F, et al. The Ets transcription factor GABP is a component of the hippo pathway essential for growth and antioxidant defense. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1663-77 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that GABP is an activator of Yap gene expression and a potential therapeutic target for cancers driven by YAP. ..
- Huang X, Chen Y, Li W, Cohen S, Liao F, Li L, et al. The Rps23rg gene family originated through retroposition of the ribosomal protein s23 mRNA and encodes proteins that decrease Alzheimer's beta-amyloid level and tau phosphorylation. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3835-43 pubmed publisher..Together, our results present a new gene family, whose products and associated signaling pathways might prevent mice from developing AD-like pathologies. ..
- Ye W, Lin W, Tartakoff A, Ma Q, Tao T. Nuclear import of aristaless-related homeobox protein via its NLS1 regulates its transcriptional function. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;381:221-31 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, inhibition of nuclear import of Arx via NLS1 clearly attenuates its ability of transcriptional repression, suggesting that nuclear import of Arx via NLS1 contributes to its transcriptional function. ..
- Liang J, Ke G, You W, Peng Z, Lan J, Kalesse M, et al. Interaction between importin 13 and myopodin suggests a nuclear import pathway for myopodin. Mol Cell Biochem. 2008;307:93-100 pubmed..We, therefore, conclude that imp13 functions in myopodin import and we suggest that the regulation of these events is critical for normal and abnormal cellular differentiation. ..
- Chen H, Wen Q, Wang W, He J, Wu Q. The orphan nuclear receptor TR3/Nur77 regulates ER stress and induces apoptosis via interaction with TRAP?. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:1600-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrated a novel, TR3-initiated signaling pathway in which TR3 regulates ER stress and induces apoptosis of hepatoma cells through its interaction with TRAP?. ..
- Chen R, Liu M, Li H, Xue Y, Ramey W, He N, et al. PP2B and PP1alpha cooperatively disrupt 7SK snRNP to release P-TEFb for transcription in response to Ca2+ signaling. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1356-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, through cooperatively dephosphorylating Cdk9 in response to Ca2+ signaling, PP2B and PP1alpha alter the P-TEFb functional equilibrium through releasing P-TEFb from 7SK snRNP for transcription. ..
- Wan Q, Xu L, Yang F. VP26 of white spot syndrome virus functions as a linker protein between the envelope and nucleocapsid of virions by binding with VP51. J Virol. 2008;82:12598-601 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that VP26 functions as a matrix-like linker protein between the viral envelope and nucleocapsid, which suggests that VP26 is a key factor in the envelopment of WSSV virion...
- Yao L, He J, Chen H, Wang Y, Wang W, Wu R, et al. Orphan receptor TR3 participates in cisplatin-induced apoptosis via Chk2 phosphorylation to repress intestinal tumorigenesis. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:301-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study reveals a novel cross talk between Chk2 and TR3 and sheds light on the mechanism of cisplatin-induced apoptosis through TR3. Therefore, TR3 may be a new target of cisplatin for colon cancer therapy. ..
- Zhao B, Chen H, Du X, Luo J, He J, Wang R, et al. Orphan receptor TR3 enhances p53 transactivation and represses DNA double-strand break repair in hepatoma cells under ionizing radiation. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:1337-50 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings reveal novel functions for TR3, not only in DSB repair regulation but also in IR-induced hepatoma cell apoptosis, and they suggest that TR3 is a potential target for cancer radiotherapy. ..
- Zhou H, Liu W, Su Y, Wei Z, Liu J, Kolluri S, et al. NSAID sulindac and its analog bind RXRalpha and inhibit RXRalpha-dependent AKT signaling. Cancer Cell. 2010;17:560-73 pubmed publisher..K-80003 displayed enhanced efficacy in inhibiting tRXRalpha-dependent AKT activation and tRXRalpha tumor growth in animals. ..
- Zhang Q, Liu H, Chen R, Shen K, Wang K. Identification of a serine proteinase homolog (Sp-SPH) involved in immune defense in the mud crab Scylla paramamosain. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63787 pubmed publisher..hydrophila or V. parahemolyticus when pre-coated with Sp-SPH protein. Taken together, these data suggested that Sp-SPH molecule might play an important role in immune defense against bacterial infection in the mud crab S. paramamosain. ..
- Zhao W, Tian M, Zhao B, Li G, Liu B, Zhan Y, et al. Orphan receptor TR3 attenuates the p300-induced acetylation of retinoid X receptor-alpha. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:2877-89 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate the distinct regulatory mechanisms of p300 and TR3 on RXRalpha acetylation and reveal a previously unrecognized role for orphan receptor in the transcriptional control of retinoid receptors. ..
- Wang Y, Li W, Johnson A, Luo Z, Sun X, Feoktistova A, et al. Dnt1 acts as a mitotic inhibitor of the spindle checkpoint protein dma1 in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3348-56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that Dnt1 acts to restrain Dma1 activity in early mitosis to allow normal mitotic progression. ..
- Zou Q, Wan S, Ju Y, Tang J, Zeng X. Pretata: predicting TATA binding proteins with novel features and dimensionality reduction strategy. BMC Syst Biol. 2016;10:114 pubmed publisher..A web server is developed to facilitate the other researchers, which can be accessed at http://server.malab.cn/preTata/ . ..
- Fan Y, Dai Y, Hou M, Wang H, Yao H, Guo C, et al. Structural basis for ribosome protein S1 interaction with RNA in trans-translation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:268-273 pubmed publisher..The results will be beneficial for designing new anti-tuberculosis drugs. ..
- Yu H, Li S, Yang C, Wei M, Song C, Zheng Z, et al. Homology model and potential virus-capsid binding site of a putative HEV receptor Grp78. J Mol Model. 2011;17:987-95 pubmed publisher..The predicted series of key residues also provides clues for further research that should improve our understanding of the fundamental molecular mechanisms of HEV infection. ..
- Wang W, Li Z, Liu R, Hong S, Xu X, Chen Y. [The interaction of the intracellular domain of beta-amyloid precursor protein with JKTBP2]. Shi Yan Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2005;38:164-70 pubmed..The interaction between JKTBP2(90)-204 and AID was further confirmed by co-immunoprecipitation in the mammalian 293T cells. These results indicate that JKTBP2 may have an important function in AD formation. ..