Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neuroprotective agents in Fuzhou, Fujian, China
Locale: Fuzhou, Fujian, China
Topic: neuroprotective agents
- Ye Q, Zhang X, Huang B, Zhu Y, Chen X. Astaxanthin suppresses MPP(+)-induced oxidative damage in PC12 cells through a Sp1/NR1 signaling pathway. Mar Drugs. 2013;11:1019-34 pubmed publisher..Moreover, cell immunofluorescence revealed that ATX could suppress Sp1 nuclear transfer. ATX inhibited oxidative stress induced by MPP+ in PC12 cells, via the SP1/NR1 signaling pathway. ..
- Liu X, Wang L, Chen Z, Liu L. Liraglutide prevents beta-amyloid-induced neurotoxicity in SH-SY5Y cells via a PI3K-dependent signaling pathway. Neurol Res. 2016;38:313-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, liraglutide may be a preventive or therapeutic agent for Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Liu W, Shang G, Yang S, Huang J, Xue X, Lin Y, et al. Electroacupuncture protects against ischemic stroke by reducing autophagosome formation and inhibiting autophagy through the mTORC1-ULK1 complex-Beclin1 pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:309-18 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EA protects against ischemic stroke through the inhibition of autophagosome formation and autophagy, which is mediated through the mTORC1-ULK complex-Beclin1 pathway. ..
- Ye Q, Huang B, Zhang X, Zhu Y, Chen X. Astaxanthin protects against MPP(+)-induced oxidative stress in PC12 cells via the HO-1/NOX2 axis. BMC Neurosci. 2012;13:156 pubmed publisher..ATX suppresses MPP(+)-induced oxidative stress in PC12 cells via the HO-1/NOX2 axis. ATX should be strongly considered as a potential neuroprotectant and adjuvant therapy for patients with Parkinson's disease. ..
- Huang T, Fang F, Chen L, Zhu Y, Zhang J, Chen X, et al. Ginsenoside Rg1 attenuates oligomeric A?(1-42)-induced mitochondrial dysfunction. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2012;9:388-95 pubmed..This finding suggests that ginsenoside Rg1 may attenuate A?-induced neuronal death through the suppression of intracellular mitochondrial oxidative stress and may rescue neurons in AD. ..
- Zheng G, Shi W, Chen X, Zhu Y, Zhang J, Jiang Q. [Influence of ilexonin A on the expression of bFGF, GAP-43 and neurogenesis after cerebral ischemia-reperfusion in rats]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2011;46:1065-71 pubmed..The possible mechanism of protecting neuronal injury of IA may be related to inhibition on neuronal apoptosis, upregulation of bFGF and GAP-43, and neurogenesis in boundary zone of infarction after cerebral ischemia-reperfusion. ..
- Pan X, Chen X, Zhu Y, Chen L, Zhang J, Huang T, et al. Tripchlorolide protects neuronal cells from microglia-mediated beta-amyloid neurotoxicity through inhibiting NF-kappaB and JNK signaling. Glia. 2009;57:1227-38 pubmed publisher..Therefore, T4 may be an effective agent in modulating neuroinflammatory process in AD. ..
- Tu X, Yang W, Wang C, Shi S, Zhang Y, Chen C, et al. Zileuton reduces inflammatory reaction and brain damage following permanent cerebral ischemia in rats. Inflammation. 2010;33:344-52 pubmed publisher..The neuroprotective effect of zileuton in cerebral ischemia might be associated with the inhibition of inflammatory reaction. ..
- Chen X, Huang T, Zhang J, Song J, Chen L, Zhu Y. Involvement of calpain and p25 of CDK5 pathway in ginsenoside Rb1's attenuation of beta-amyloid peptide25-35-induced tau hyperphosphorylation in cortical neurons. Brain Res. 2008;1200:99-106 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that Ca(2+), calpain, and p25 in CDK5 pathway may play important roles in Abeta(25-35)-induced tau hyperphosphorylation. ..
- Wang P, Ren R, Cai S, Chen X, Ye L. [Neuroprotective effects of topiramate and folic acid on young rats with kindling-induced epilepsy]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2008;10:65-9 pubmed..TPM has protective effects against epilepsy-induced neuronal damage. The effect is dose-dependent. A combination of TPM and FA can produce a synergistic effect. ..