Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mutation in Xiamen, Fujian, China
Locale: Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Wang D, Li C, Zhang Y, Wang Y, He Z, Lin L, et al. Quantitative proteomic analysis of differentially expressed proteins in the toxicity-lost mutant of Alexandrium catenella (Dinophyceae) in the exponential phase. J Proteomics. 2012;75:5564-77 pubmed publisher..catenella...
- Sha Y, Xu X, Mei L, Li P, Su Z, He X, et al. A homozygous CEP135 mutation is associated with multiple morphological abnormalities of the sperm flagella (MMAF). Gene. 2017;633:48-53 pubmed publisher..These results provide researchers and clinicians with a deeper understanding of the gene involved with MMAF and will help predict and assess pregnancy outcomes associated with in vitro fertilization. ..
- Zhong L, Chen X, Wang T, Wang Z, Liao C, Wang Z, et al. Soluble TREM2 induces inflammatory responses and enhances microglial survival. J Exp Med. 2017;214:597-607 pubmed publisher..This study has implications for the pathogenesis of AD and provides insights into targeting sTREM2 pathway for AD therapy. ..
- Ye W, Lin W, Tartakoff A, Ma Q, Tao T. Nuclear import of aristaless-related homeobox protein via its NLS1 regulates its transcriptional function. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;381:221-31 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, inhibition of nuclear import of Arx via NLS1 clearly attenuates its ability of transcriptional repression, suggesting that nuclear import of Arx via NLS1 contributes to its transcriptional function. ..
- Wang Y, Li W, Johnson A, Luo Z, Sun X, Feoktistova A, et al. Dnt1 acts as a mitotic inhibitor of the spindle checkpoint protein dma1 in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3348-56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that Dnt1 acts to restrain Dma1 activity in early mitosis to allow normal mitotic progression. ..
- Huang C, Yuan Q, Chen P, Zhang Y, Chen C, Zheng Q, et al. Influence of mutations in hepatitis B virus surface protein on viral antigenicity and phenotype in occult HBV strains from blood donors. J Hepatol. 2012;57:720-9 pubmed publisher..MHR mutations alter antigenicity and impair virion secretion, both of which may contribute to HBsAg detection failure in individuals with OBI. ..
- Wu T, Huang X. [The role and mechanism of high expression of cyclin B2 in MEN1 insulinoma]. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2011;63:555-64 pubmed..Our results suggest that menin may inhibit MEN1 insulinoma by suppressing cyclin B2 expression via histone modification. ..
- Cheng W, Song C, Anjum K, Chen M, Li D, Zhou H, et al. Coenzyme Q plays opposing roles on bacteria/fungi and viruses in Drosophila innate immunity. Int J Immunogenet. 2011;38:331-7 pubmed publisher..We further showed that CoQ was essential for normal induction of anti-microbial peptides and amplification of viruses. Our work determined CoQ content in Drosophila and described its function in immunity for the first time. ..
- Li W, Yu Z, Ma P, Wang Y, Jin Q. A novel role of Dma1 in regulating forespore membrane assembly and sporulation in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:4349-60 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore revealed a novel function of Dma1 in regulating sporulation in fission yeast. ..
- Liu Z, Tian X, Iida N, Fujiki K, Xie P, Wang W, et al. Mutation analysis of CHST6 gene in Chinese patients with macular corneal dystrophy. Cornea. 2010;29:883-8 pubmed publisher..8%) may be the founder mutation in Chinese patients. However, our findings also indicate a high level of allelic heterogeneity of the CHST6 gene in Chinese patients and in other ethnic groups. ..
- Zhang D, Jiang B, Xiang Z, Wang S. Functional characterisation of altered outer membrane proteins for tetracycline resistance in Escherichia coli. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2008;32:315-9 pubmed publisher..coli. Meanwhile, our data suggest that functional validation is required to investigate whether the altered proteins obtained from two-dimensional gel electrophoresis play a direct or indirect role in phenotypic changes. ..
- Chen Y, Huang X, Zhang Y, Rockenstein E, Bu G, Golde T, et al. Alzheimer's ?-secretase (BACE1) regulates the cAMP/PKA/CREB pathway independently of ?-amyloid. J Neurosci. 2012;32:11390-5 pubmed
- Chen J, Xie C, Tian L, Hong L, Wu X, Han J. Participation of the p38 pathway in Drosophila host defense against pathogenic bacteria and fungi. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:20774-9 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that the p38 pathway-mediated stress response contribute to Drosophila host defense against microbial infection. ..
- Yang K, Li S, He F, Zhang J, Wei M, Pan H, et al. Expression and purification of soluble HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein gp160 mutant from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biosci Bioeng. 2009;108:5-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, we may provide a novel antigen for immunodetection assay, vaccine candidate, and other relative research purposes. ..
- Gao S, Hua X, Jin G. Menin regulates endocrine diseases by controlling histone modification and gene transcription. Ann Endocrinol (Paris). 2008;69:426-32 pubmed publisher..The new knowledge could also be translated into new strategies to improve therapeutic interventions against MEN1 and other endocrine diseases including diabetes. ..
- Li S, Liu W, Li Z, Li W, Wang Y, Zhou L, et al. greb1 regulates convergent extension movement and pituitary development in zebrafish. Gene. 2017;627:176-187 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our present study indicates that greb1 is a novel regulator for CE movement and pituitary development in zebrafish. ..