Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell cycle proteins in Xiamen, Fujian, China
Locale: Xiamen, Fujian, China
Topic: cell cycle proteins
- Zhang J, Li H, Zhou T, Zhou J, Herrup K. Cdk5 levels oscillate during the neuronal cell cycle: Cdh1 ubiquitination triggers proteosome-dependent degradation during S-phase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:25985-94 pubmed publisher..The data suggest an unsuspected role for Cdk5 during the progression of a normal cell cycle and offer new pharmaceutical targets for regulating neuronal cell cycling and cell death. ..
- Wang Y, Li W, Johnson A, Luo Z, Sun X, Feoktistova A, et al. Dnt1 acts as a mitotic inhibitor of the spindle checkpoint protein dma1 in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3348-56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that Dnt1 acts to restrain Dma1 activity in early mitosis to allow normal mitotic progression. ..
- Huang X, Ding L, Pan R, Ma P, Cheng P, Zhang C, et al. WHAMM is required for meiotic spindle migration and asymmetric cytokinesis in mouse oocytes. Histochem Cell Biol. 2013;139:525-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that WHAMM is required for peripheral spindle migration and asymmetric cytokinesis during mouse oocyte maturation. ..
- Zhang L, Mei Y, Fu N, Guan L, Xie W, Liu H, et al. TRIM39 regulates cell cycle progression and DNA damage responses via stabilizing p21. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20937-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a causal role for TRIM39 in regulating cell cycle progression and the balance between cytostasis and apoptosis after DNA damage via stabilizing p21. ..
- Yu Z, Zhang M, Wang G, Xu D, Keifenheim D, Franco A, et al. Fission yeast nucleolar protein Dnt1 regulates G2/M transition and cytokinesis by downregulating Wee1 kinase. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4995-5004 pubmed publisher..Our findings also define a novel mode of regulation of Wee1 and Cdk1, which is important for integration of the signals controlling the SIN pathway in fission yeast. ..