Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Qi F, Song J, Yang H, Gao W, Liu N, Zhang B, et al. Mmp23b promotes liver development and hepatocyte proliferation through the tumor necrosis factor pathway in zebrafish. Hepatology. 2010;52:2158-66 pubmed publisher..Because mmp23b/MMP23B is highly conserved, our findings in zebrafish warrant further investigation of its role in regulating liver development in mammals. ..
- Wen R, Li J, Xu X, Cui Z, Xiao W. Zebrafish Mms2 promotes K63-linked polyubiquitination and is involved in p53-mediated DNA-damage response. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012;11:157-66 pubmed publisher..In addition, DrUbc13 specifically binds Drp53 in an in vitro assay. These observations collectively indicate that zebrafish Mms2 and Ubc13 form a stable complex, which is required for p53-mediated DNA-damage response. ..
- Qin W, Hu Z, Tong J, Meng J, You X, Zhang J. [Toxic effects of trimethadione on zebrafish early development]. Yi Chuan. 2012;34:1165-73 pubmed
- Dong W, Yang Z, Yang F, Wang J, Zhuang Y, Xu C, et al. Suppression of Rap1 impairs cardiac myofibrils and conduction system in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50960 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a proper level of Rap1 is crucial for heart morphogenesis and function, and suggest that Rap1 and/or their downstream factor genes are potential candidates for genetic screening for human heart diseases. ..
- Zhang W, Sheng N, Wang M, Zhang H, Dai J. Zebrafish reproductive toxicity induced by chronic perfluorononanoate exposure. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:269-76 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate that chronic exposure to PFNA can lead to dysfunction in the HPGL axis and sex hormone synthesis and cause adverse effects on fish reproduction. ..
- Li M, Zhao C, Wang Y, Zhao Z, Meng A. Zebrafish sox9b is an early neural crest marker. Dev Genes Evol. 2002;212:203-6 pubmed..Neural crest cells cease expression of sox9b during migration, but some of their derivatives resume sox9b expression. Sox9b can serve as a marker for neural crest precursors. ..
- Sun Z, Shi K, Su Y, Meng A. A novel zinc finger transcription factor resembles krox-20 in structure and in expression pattern in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2002;114:133-5 pubmed..From mid-segmentation onward, the 5th rhombomere has a higher frb35 expression level than the 3rd rhombomere. Unlike krx20, frb35 expression persists in the 5th rhombomere until the end of pharyngula period. ..
- Wu X, Zhang M, Gong Y, Qiang B, Yuan J, Meng A, et al. [Expression pattern of polycomb gene Nspc1 at the early developmental stage in zebrafish]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2008;30:550-3 pubmed..Its expression specificity began at the somites stage, mainly in the nervous system of the head. Nspc1 may play essential roles in the early stage development of zebrafish, especially in the nervous system. ..
- Bai W, Tian W, Zhang Z, He X, Ma Y, Liu N, et al. Effects of copper nanoparticles on the development of zebrafish embryos. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2010;10:8670-6 pubmed..The embryo toxicity of nano-Cu at 0.01 and 0.05 mg/L showed no significant difference from Cu2+ at the corresponding concentrations (0.006 and 0.03 mg/L), but 0.1 mg/L nano-Cu had a greater toxicity than 0.06 mg/L Cu2+. ..
- Cui Y, He S, Xing C, Lu K, Wang J, Xing G, et al. SCFFBXL¹? regulates BMP signalling by directing the degradation of HECT-type ubiquitin ligase Smurf1. EMBO J. 2011;30:2675-89 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that Smurf1 stability is suppressed by SCF(FBXL15)-mediated ubiquitination and that FBXL15 is a key regulator of BMP signalling during embryonic development and adult bone formation. ..
- Wang L, Zhang P, Wei Y, Gao Y, Patient R, Liu F. A blood flow-dependent klf2a-NO signaling cascade is required for stabilization of hematopoietic stem cell programming in zebrafish embryos. Blood. 2011;118:4102-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have demonstrated that blood flow is essential for HSC development and is mediated by a klf2a-NO signaling cascade in zebrafish. ..
- Wang L, Liu T, Xu L, Gao Y, Wei Y, Duan C, et al. Fev regulates hematopoietic stem cell development via ERK signaling. Blood. 2013;122:367-75 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Fev-ERK signaling is essential for hemogenic endothelium-based HSC development. ..
- Tong J, Liu X, Jia S. [Rbb4l enhances TGF-?/Nodal signaling and promotes zebrafish embryonic dorsolization]. Yi Chuan. 2013;35:477-87 pubmed..Together, our data suggested that Rbb4l acts as an enhancer of Nodal/Smad2/3 signaling during embryogene-sis, and depends on the existence of Nodal signaling. ..
- Yang Y, Qi S, Wang D, Wang K, Zhu L, Chai T, et al. Toxic effects of thifluzamide on zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Hazard Mater. 2016;307:127-36 pubmed publisher..These might be responsible for the adverse expansion of the apoptosis- and immune-related genes, which would facilitate the action of these factors in programmed cell death and might play a key role during the toxic events. ..
- Shi J, Yang Y, Zhang J, Feng Y, Shao B. Uptake, depuration and bioconcentration of bisphenol AF (BPAF) in whole-body and tissues of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;132:339-44 pubmed publisher..The high lipid content of female gonad could act to delay the diffusion of the xenobiotic within the body in a contaminated environment, but it also acts to delay xenobiotic elimination from the body. ..
- Mu X, Shen G, Huang Y, Luo J, Zhu L, Qi S, et al. The enantioselective toxicity and oxidative stress of beta-cypermethrin on zebrafish. Environ Pollut. 2017;229:312-320 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrated the occurrence of enantioselectivity in toxicity and oxidative stress of beta-CYP to adult zebrafish, which should be considered in environmental risk assessments. ..
- Gao W, Xu L, Guan R, Liu X, Han Y, Wu Q, et al. Wdr18 is required for Kupffer's vesicle formation and regulation of body asymmetry in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23386 pubmed publisher..Thus, we reveal a new and essential role for WD-repeat proteins in the determination and regulation of L-R asymmetry and propose a potential mechanism for wdr18 in the regulation of DFC clustering and migration and KV formation. ..
- Liu X, Ma Y, Zhang C, Wei S, Cao Y, Wang Q. Nodal promotes mir206 expression to control convergence and extension movements during zebrafish gastrulation. J Genet Genomics. 2013;40:515-21 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers a novel mechanism by which Nodal-regulated mir206 modulates gastrulation movements in connection with the Snail/E-cadherin pathway...
- Li H, Liang R, Lu Y, Wang M, Li Z. RTN3 Regulates the Expression Level of Chemokine Receptor CXCR4 and is Required for Migration of Primordial Germ Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:382 pubmed publisher..Moreover, increasing the signaling of either CXCR4b or RTN3 produced similar PGC mislocalization phenotypes in zebrafish. These results suggested that RTN3 modulates PGC migration through interaction with, and regulation of, CXCR4. ..
- Yan J, Cai Z. Molecular evolution and functional divergence of the cytochrome P450 3 (CYP3) Family in Actinopterygii (ray-finned fish). PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14276 pubmed publisher..Site-specific evolution in substrate recognition was related to functional divergence in the Actinopterygii CYP3 family. ..
- Su Y, Zhang L, Gao X, Meng F, Wen J, Zhou H, et al. The evolutionally conserved activity of Dapper2 in antagonizing TGF-beta signaling. FASEB J. 2007;21:682-90 pubmed..Our data indicate that the function of Dpr2 as a negative regulator of the TGF-beta/Nodal signal pathway is evolutionally conserved, at least in part, in fish and mammals. ..
- Zhang Z, Jia H, Zhang Q, Wan Y, Zhou Y, Jia Q, et al. Assessment of hematopoietic failure due to Rpl11 deficiency in a zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anemia by deep sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:896 pubmed publisher..The present analyses demonstrate that Rpl11-deficient zebrafish may serve as a model of DBA and may provide insights into the pathogenesis of mutant RPL11-mediated human DBA disease...
- Li H, Yue R, Wei B, Gao G, Du J, Pei G. Lysophosphatidic acid acts as a nutrient-derived developmental cue to regulate early hematopoiesis. EMBO J. 2014;33:1383-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we identified LPA as an important nutrient-derived developmental cue for primitive hematopoiesis as well as a novel mechanism of hemangioblast regulation. ..
- Jia N, Liu N, Cheng W, Jiang Y, Sun H, Chen L, et al. Structural basis for receptor recognition and pore formation of a zebrafish aerolysin-like protein. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:235-48 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Dln1 and its homologs are ubiquitously distributed in bony fishes and lamprey, suggesting a novel fish-specific defense molecule. ..
- Liu N, Dong F, Xu J, Liu X, Zheng Y. Chiral bioaccumulation behavior of tebuconazole in the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;126:78-84 pubmed publisher..79 and 10.31, respectively. The enantiomer fraction of tebuconazole in zebrafish and water ranged from 0.31-0.49. Hence, future research should focus on the fate of tebuconazole in the aquatic environment at the enantiomer levels. ..
- Wu C, Zhou Y, Sun Q, Fu L, Xi H, Yu Y, et al. Appling hydrolysis acidification-anoxic-oxic process in the treatment of petrochemical wastewater: From bench scale reactor to full scale wastewater treatment plant. J Hazard Mater. 2016;309:185-91 pubmed publisher..The clone library profiling analysis showed that the dominant bacteria in the system were Acidobacteria, Proteobacteria and Bacteriodetes. HA-A/O process is suitable for the petrochemical wastewater treatment. ..
- Duan J, Yu Y, Li Y, Wang Y, Sun Z. Inflammatory response and blood hypercoagulable state induced by low level co-exposure with silica nanoparticles and benzo[a]pyrene in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Chemosphere. 2016;151:152-62 pubmed publisher..This study for the first time demonstrated the inflammatory response and blood hypercoagulable state were triggered by the combination of SiNPs and B[a]P at low level exposure. ..
- Duan J, Hu H, Feng L, Yang X, Sun Z. Silica nanoparticles inhibit macrophage activity and angiogenesis via VEGFR2-mediated MAPK signaling pathway in zebrafish embryos. Chemosphere. 2017;183:483-490 pubmed publisher..The protein levels of p-Erk1/2 and p-p38 MAPK were markedly decreased in zebrafish exposed to SiNPs. Our results implicate that SiNPs inhibited the macrophage activity and angiogenesis via the downregulation of MAPK singaling pathway. ..
- Duan J, Yu Y, Li Y, Li Y, Liu H, Jing L, et al. Low-dose exposure of silica nanoparticles induces cardiac dysfunction via neutrophil-mediated inflammation and cardiac contraction in zebrafish embryos. Nanotoxicology. 2016;10:575-85 pubmed publisher..For the first time, our results demonstrated that SiNPs induced cardiac dysfunction via the neutrophil-mediated cardiac inflammation and cardiac contraction in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Wang L, Liu Z, Lin H, Ma D, Tao Q, Liu F. Epigenetic regulation of left-right asymmetry by DNA methylation. EMBO J. 2017;36:2987-2997 pubmed publisher..1 regulates collective DFC migration through cadherin 1 (Cdh1). Taken together, our data uncover dynamic DNA methylation as an epigenetic mechanism to control LR determination during early embryogenesis in vertebrates. ..
- Liu S, Liu B, He S, Zhao Y, Wang Z. Cloning and characterization of zebra fish SPATA4 gene and analysis of its gonad specific expression. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2005;70:638-44 pubmed..Analysis of the SPATA4 sequence and its spatial expression pattern indicate that this gene is highly conserved and may play an important role in the process of zebra fish gonadogenesis. ..
- Zhao X, Zhao L, Tian T, Zhang Y, Tong J, Zheng X, et al. Interruption of cenph causes mitotic failure and embryonic death, and its haploinsufficiency suppresses cancer in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27924-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings uncover an essential role of cenph in mitosis and embryonic development and its association with tumor development. ..
- Ding C, Zhang J, Zhao Y, Peng Z, Song D, Jiang J. Zebrafish as a potential model organism for drug test against hepatitis C virus. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22921 pubmed publisher..Thus, zebrafish might be a model organism to host HCV, and this zebrafish/HCV (sub-replicon) system could be an animal model for anti-HCV drug screening and evaluation. ..
- Tong X, Xia Z, Zu Y, Telfer H, Hu J, Yu J, et al. ngs (notochord granular surface) gene encodes a novel type of intermediate filament family protein essential for notochord maintenance in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2711-20 pubmed publisher..Our work sheds light on the mechanisms of notochord structural maintenance, as well as the evolution and biological function of IF family proteins. ..
- Zu Y, Tong X, Wang Z, Liu D, Pan R, Li Z, et al. TALEN-mediated precise genome modification by homologous recombination in zebrafish. Nat Methods. 2013;10:329-31 pubmed publisher..We also successfully targeted two additional genes. Homologous recombination in zebrafish with a dsDNA donor expands the utility of this model organism. ..
- Qi X, Liu G, Qiu L, Lin X, Liu M. Marine bromophenol bis(2,3-dibromo-4,5-dihydroxybenzyl) ether, represses angiogenesis in HUVEC cells and in zebrafish embryos via inhibiting the VEGF signal systems. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;75:58-66 pubmed publisher..The results of this present study indicated that BDDE, which has unique chemical structure different from current antiangiogenesis agents, could be used as a potential drug candidate for cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Xue Y, Lv J, Zhang C, Wang L, Ma D, Liu F. The Vascular Niche Regulates Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cell Lodgment and Expansion via klf6a-ccl25b. Dev Cell. 2017;42:349-362.e4 pubmed publisher..Together, we identify the Klf6a-Ccl25b/Ccr7 axis in controlling the complex HSPC-CHT niche interaction, which may be applicable to in vitro expansion or engraftment of HSPCs after transplantation. ..
- Li X, Cai H, Zhou S, Yang J, Xi Y, Gao X, et al. A novel mutation impairing the tertiary structure and stability of ?C-crystallin (CRYGC) leads to cataract formation in humans and zebrafish lens. Hum Mutat. 2012;33:391-401 pubmed publisher..Our study also highlighted zebrafish as a valuable model tool for studying congenital inherited cataract. ..
- Li Z, Wang Y, Zhang M, Xu P, Huang H, Wu D, et al. The Amotl2 gene inhibits Wnt/β-catenin signaling and regulates embryonic development in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13005-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings provide novel insights into functions of Motin family members and regulation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling. ..
- Wang J, Li J, Zhang X, Sun X. Transcriptome analysis reveals the time of the fourth round of genome duplication in common carp (Cyprinus carpio). BMC Genomics. 2012;13:96 pubmed publisher..The resource that we have built as part of this study will help advance functional genomics and genome annotation studies in the future. ..
- Liu X, Ning G, Meng A, Wang Q. MicroRNA-206 regulates cell movements during zebrafish gastrulation by targeting prickle1a and regulating c-Jun N-terminal kinase 2 phosphorylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2934-42 pubmed publisher..Therefore, mir206 is an essential, novel regulator for normal convergent and extension movements by regulating mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) JNK signaling. ..
- Duan J, Yu Y, Li Y, Yu Y, Sun Z. Cardiovascular toxicity evaluation of silica nanoparticles in endothelial cells and zebrafish model. Biomaterials. 2013;34:5853-62 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results suggest that exposure to silica nanoparticles is a possible risk factor to cardiovascular system...
- Zhong H, Wu X, Huang H, Fan Q, Zhu Z, Lin S. Vertebrate MAX-1 is required for vascular patterning in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:16800-5 pubmed..Our findings therefore suggest that max-1, acting upstream of the ephrin pathway, is critically required in vascular patterning in vertebrate species. ..
- Yang H, Xiang J, Wang N, Zhao Y, Hyman J, Li S, et al. Converse conformational control of smoothened activity by structurally related small molecules. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20876-84 pubmed publisher..Our study represents the first demonstration of conformational regulation of Smo by small molecule analogs, and the combinational use of these Smo modulators in a temporal controlled fashion should be useful for studying Hh biology. ..
- Chen R, Qi J, Yao S, Pan X, Gao F, Xia C. Expression, crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of C-reactive protein from zebrafish. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2011;67:1633-6 pubmed publisher..28 Å(3) Da(-1) and 62.55%, respectively. Determination of the zebrafish CRP structure should be helpful in investigating the evolution of CRPs in the innate immune system. ..
- Yang R, Dai Z, Chen S, Chen L. MicroRNA-mediated gene regulation plays a minor role in the transcriptomic plasticity of cold-acclimated zebrafish brain tissue. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:605 pubmed publisher..MiRNAs in animal brains might act more as developmental regulators than thermal adaptability regulators. ..
- Ma D, Wang L, Wang S, Gao Y, Wei Y, Liu F. Foxn1 maintains thymic epithelial cells to support T-cell development via mcm2 in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21040-5 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that the foxn1-mcm2 axis plays a central role in the genetic regulatory network controlling thymus development in zebrafish...
- Xiao A, Wang Z, Hu Y, Wu Y, Luo Z, Yang Z, et al. Chromosomal deletions and inversions mediated by TALENs and CRISPR/Cas in zebrafish. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:e141 pubmed publisher..To facilitate the analyses and application of existing ZFN, TALEN and CRISPR/Cas data, we have updated our EENdb database to provide a chromosomal view of all reported engineered endonucleases targeting human and zebrafish genomes. ..
- Duan J, Yu Y, Shi H, Tian L, Guo C, Huang P, et al. Toxic effects of silica nanoparticles on zebrafish embryos and larvae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74606 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data indicated that SiNPs caused embryonic developmental toxicity, resulted in persistent effects on larval behavior. ..
- Chai T, Cui F, Mu P, Yang Y, Xu N, Yin Z, et al. Enantio-alteration of gene transcription associated with bioconcentration in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to chiral PCB149. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19478 pubmed publisher..Hepatic expression levels of genes related to the antioxidant system were significantly negatively correlated with bioconcentration following exposure to (+)-PCB149. ..
- Li L, Shi W, Wu X, Gong Q, Li X, Ma H. Monitoring ?-glutamyl transpeptidase activity and evaluating its inhibitors by a water-soluble near-infrared fluorescent probe. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;81:395-400 pubmed publisher..11±0.01mM, 0.34±0.04mM and 2.06±0.24mM, respectively. The proposed probe is simple, and may have great potential for screening GGT inhibitors. ..
- Yang Y, Qi S, Chen J, Liu Y, Teng M, Wang C. Toxic Effects of Bromothalonil and Flutolanil on Multiple Developmental Stages in Zebrafish. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2016;97:91-7 pubmed publisher..This study provides a foundation for future investigation into the mechanism of bromothalonil and flutolanil toxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Sun Z, Jin P, Tian T, Gu Y, Chen Y, Meng A. Activation and roles of ALK4/ALK7-mediated maternal TGFbeta signals in zebrafish embryo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:694-703 pubmed
- Jia S, Wu D, Xing C, Meng A. Smad2/3 activities are required for induction and patterning of the neuroectoderm in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2009;333:273-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, Smad2/3 activities play important roles not only in mesendodermal development but also in neural development during early vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Xu P, Li J, Li Y, Cui R, Wang J, Wang J, et al. Genomic insight into the common carp (Cyprinus carpio) genome by sequencing analysis of BAC-end sequences. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:188 pubmed publisher..BES of common carp are tremendous tools for comparative mapping between the two closely related species, zebrafish and common carp, which should facilitate both structural and functional genome analysis in common carp. ..
- Han Y, Mu Y, Li X, Xu P, Tong J, Liu Z, et al. Grhl2 deficiency impairs otic development and hearing ability in a zebrafish model of the progressive dominant hearing loss DFNA28. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:3213-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, this work reveals an evolutionarily conserved function of Grhl2 in otic development and provides a fish model for further studying mechanisms of Grhl2-related hearing loss. ..
- Xu R, Zhang C, Cao Y, Wang Q. [mir122 deficiency inhibits differentiation of zebrafish hepatoblast into hepatocyte]. Yi Chuan. 2013;35:488-94 pubmed..However, zbrafish hepatoblast can not differentiate into hepatocyte without mir122. Therefore, mir122 is not only involved in liver metabolic functions, but also indispensable for hepatoblast differentiation...
- Leslie E, Liu H, Carlson J, Shaffer J, Feingold E, WEHBY G, et al. A Genome-wide Association Study of Nonsyndromic Cleft Palate Identifies an Etiologic Missense Variant in GRHL3. Am J Hum Genet. 2016;98:744-54 pubmed publisher..This finding advances our understanding of the genetic basis of craniofacial development and might ultimately lead to improvements in recurrence risk prediction, treatment, and prognosis. ..
- Deng X, Deng X, Rayner S, Liu X, Zhang Q, Yang Y, et al. DHPC: a new tool to express genome structural features. Genomics. 2008;91:476-83 pubmed publisher..We also present several genome curves generated by DHPC to demonstrate how DHPC can be used to find previously unidentified sequence features in these genomes. ..
- Wang Y, Wu L, Wang P, Lv C, Yang Z, Tang X. Manipulation of gene expression in zebrafish using caged circular morpholino oligomers. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:11155-62 pubmed publisher..These caged cMOs were successfully used to photomodulate ?-catenin-2 and no tail expression in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Liu X, Xiong C, Jia S, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Wang Q, et al. Araf kinase antagonizes Nodal-Smad2 activity in mesendoderm development by directly phosphorylating the Smad2 linker region. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1728 pubmed publisher..Our findings open avenues for investigating the potential significance of Raf regulation of transforming growth factor ? signalling in versatile biological and pathological processes in the future. ..
- Jiang Z, Song J, Qi F, Xiao A, An X, Liu N, et al. Exdpf is a key regulator of exocrine pancreas development controlled by retinoic acid and ptf1a in zebrafish. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e293 pubmed publisher..Highly conserved in mammals, the expression level of exdpf appears elevated in several human tumors, suggesting a possible role in tumor pathogenesis...
- Wang Y, Li Z, Xu P, Huang L, Tong J, Huang H, et al. Angiomotin-like2 gene (amotl2) is required for migration and proliferation of endothelial cells during angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:41095-104 pubmed publisher..Taking together, our data indicate that Amotl2 plays a pivotal role in polarity, migration and proliferation of angiogenic endothelial cells. ..
- Cao Y, He S, Zhou Z, Zhang M, Mao W, Zhang H, et al. Orally administered thermostable N-acyl homoserine lactonase from Bacillus sp. strain AI96 attenuates Aeromonas hydrophila infection in zebrafish. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:1899-908 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the oral administration of an AHL lactonase for the efficient control of A. hydrophila...
- Zhang C, Li D, Ma Y, Yan J, Yang B, Li P, et al. Role of spastin and protrudin in neurite outgrowth. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:2296-307 pubmed publisher..Moreover, protrudin and spastin may work together to play an indispensable role in motor axon outgrowth. ..
- Lu X, Li X, He Q, Gao J, Gao Y, Liu B, et al. miR-142-3p regulates the formation and differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells in vertebrates. Cell Res. 2013;23:1356-68 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings unveil the pivotal roles that miR-142a-3p plays in the formation and differentiation of HSCs by repressing irf7 signaling...
- Huang S, Zhang Z, Zhang C, Lv X, Zheng X, Chen Z, et al. Activation of Smurf E3 ligase promoted by smoothened regulates hedgehog signaling through targeting patched turnover. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001721 pubmed publisher..Finally, our data revealed an evolutionarily conserved role of Smurf proteins in controlling Hh signaling by targeting Ptc during development. ..
- Ye Z, Zhang C, Tu T, Sun M, Liu D, Lu D, et al. Wnt5a uses CD146 as a receptor to regulate cell motility and convergent extension. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2803 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a model in which CD146 acts as a functional Wnt5a receptor in regulating cell migration and convergent extension, turning off the canonical Wnt signalling branch. ..
- Ma H, Lin Y, Zhao Z, Lu X, Yu Y, Zhang X, et al. MicroRNA-127 Promotes Mesendoderm Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells by Targeting Left-Right Determination Factor 2. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12126-35 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that miR-127 accelerates mesendoderm differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells through nodal signaling by targeting Lefty2. ..
- Duan J, Hu H, Zhang Y, Feng L, Shi Y, Miller M, et al. Multi-organ toxicity induced by fine particulate matter PM2.5 in zebrafish (Danio rerio) model. Chemosphere. 2017;180:24-32 pubmed publisher..5. In summary, our data showed that PM2.5 induced the cardiovascular toxicity, hepatotoxicity and neurotoxicity in zebrafish, suggested that PM2.5 could cause multi-organ toxicity in aquatic organism. ..
- Dharmat R, Liu W, Ge Z, Sun Z, Yang L, Li Y, et al. IFT81 as a Candidate Gene for Nonsyndromic Retinal Degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2483-2490 pubmed publisher..This represents the first report of mutations in IFT81 as a candidate gene for nonsyndromic retinal dystrophy, hence expanding the phenotype spectrum of IFT-B components. ..
- Han Y, Qian J, Zhang J, Hu C, Wang C. Structure-toxicity relationship of cefoperazone and its impurities to developing zebrafish by transcriptome and Raman analysis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:39-51 pubmed publisher..This study may provide bioinformatics and spectral information that may be used in further investigations on the relationship between structure and toxicity of drugs and impurities. ..
- Cao Y, Zhao J, Sun Z, Zhao Z, Postlethwait J, Meng A. fgf17b, a novel member of Fgf family, helps patterning zebrafish embryos. Dev Biol. 2004;271:130-43 pubmed..Like fgf8, activation of fgf17b expression depends on Nodal signaling. ..
- Zhang L, Zhou H, Su Y, Sun Z, Zhang H, Zhang L, et al. Zebrafish Dpr2 inhibits mesoderm induction by promoting degradation of nodal receptors. Science. 2004;306:114-7 pubmed..Dpr2 is localized in late endosomes, binds to the TGFbeta receptors ALK5 and ALK4, and accelerates lysosomal degradation of these receptors. ..
- Wang D, Jao L, Zheng N, Dolan K, Ivey J, Zonies S, et al. Efficient genome-wide mutagenesis of zebrafish genes by retroviral insertions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:12428-33 pubmed..Combining this increase in efficiency with cryopreservation of sperm samples from the F(1) fish, it is now possible to create a stable resource that contains mutations in every known zebrafish gene. ..
- Liu Y, Wang J, Wei Y, Zhang H, Xu M, Dai J. Induction of time-dependent oxidative stress and related transcriptional effects of perfluorododecanoic acid in zebrafish liver. Aquat Toxicol. 2008;89:242-50 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that turbulence of fatty acid beta-oxidation and oxidative stress responses were involved in the PFDoA-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Xue Y, Kuok C, Xiao A, Zhu Z, Lin S, Zhang B. Identification and expression analysis of mical family genes in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2010;37:685-93 pubmed publisher..Our data established an important basis for further functional studies of mical family genes in zebrafish, and suggest a possible role for mical genes in cardiovascular development. ..
- Zhang M, Zhang J, Lin S, Meng A. β-Catenin 1 and β-catenin 2 play similar and distinct roles in left-right asymmetric development of zebrafish embryos. Development. 2012;139:2009-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that ctnnb1 and ctnnb2 regulate multiple processes of laterality development in zebrafish embryos through similar and distinct mechanisms. ..
- Jia S, Dai F, Wu D, Lin X, Xing C, Xue Y, et al. Protein phosphatase 4 cooperates with Smads to promote BMP signaling in dorsoventral patterning of zebrafish embryos. Dev Cell. 2012;22:1065-78 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ppp4c is a critical positive regulator of BMP/Smad signaling during embryonic dorsoventral pattern formation in zebrafish. ..
- Huang P, Xu L, Liang W, Tam C, Zhang Y, Qi F, et al. Genomic deletion induced by Tol2 transposon excision in zebrafish. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:e36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that imprecise Tol2 transposon excision can be used as an alternative strategy to achieve gene targeting in zebrafish. ..
- Li H, Gao F, Yu S, Jia M, Gong W. Molecular cloning, expression, purification and crystallographic analysis of zebrafish THEM2. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2012;68:1525-8 pubmed publisher..X-ray diffraction data were collected to 1.80 Å resolution using a synchrotron-radiation source. The crystals belonged to the monoclinic space group C2, with unit-cell parameters a=77.1, b=74.4, c=96.6 Å, β=93.7°. ..
- Ning G, Liu X, Dai M, Meng A, Wang Q. MicroRNA-92a upholds Bmp signaling by targeting noggin3 during pharyngeal cartilage formation. Dev Cell. 2013;24:283-95 pubmed publisher..Therefore, mir92a acts to maintain Bmp activity during pharyngeal cartilage formation by targeting nog3. ..
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhu L, Huang Y, Shen G, et al. The developmental effect of difenoconazole on zebrafish embryos: A mechanism research. Environ Pollut. 2016;212:18-26 pubmed publisher..Genes related to hatching, retinoic acid metabolism and lipid homeostasis were up-regulated by difenoconazole. ..
- Wang Y, Zhu W, Wang D, Teng M, Yan J, Miao J, et al. 1H NMR-based metabolomics analysis of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) after exposure to diniconazole as well as its bioaccumulation behavior. Chemosphere. 2017;168:1571-1577 pubmed publisher..No enantioselectivity was observed in the bioaccumulation process of both 70 and 300 ?g L-1 diniconazole exposure groups. The above results play a vital role for a comprehensive environmental assessment of diniconazole. ..
- Zhao C, He X, Tian C, Meng A. Two GC-rich boxes in huC promoter play distinct roles in controlling its neuronal specific expression in zebrafish embryos. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:214-20 pubmed..Further studies are needed to identify specific Sp1-like transcription factors that bind to these GC boxes and activate huC transcription. ..
- Gao X, Wen J, Zhang L, Li X, Ning Y, Meng A, et al. Dapper1 is a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein that negatively modulates Wnt signaling in the nucleus. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35679-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dpr1 controls Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in both the cytoplasm and the nucleus. ..