Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tumor suppressor protein p53 in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: tumor suppressor protein p53
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- Duan J, Duan J, Zhang Z, Tong T. Irreversible cellular senescence induced by prolonged exposure to H2O2 involves DNA-damage-and-repair genes and telomere shortening. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:1407-20 pubmed..Our findings indicate that several aging theories can be merged together by a common mechanism of oxidative damage, and that the level of oxidative DNA-damage-and-repair capacity may be exploited as reliable markers of cell senescence. ..
- Zhang X, Miao X, Guo Y, Tan W, Zhou Y, Sun T, et al. Genetic polymorphisms in cell cycle regulatory genes MDM2 and TP53 are associated with susceptibility to lung cancer. Hum Mutat. 2006;27:110-7 pubmed..41, 95% CI = 5.26-20.58) for smokers with both the MDM2 GG and TP53 Pro/Pro genotypes. In conclusion, genetic polymorphisms in cell cycle regulatory genes MDM2 and TP53 contribute to the risk of developing lung cancer. ..
- Chen W, Fu X, Ge S, Li W, Sun T, Sheng Z. Exogenous acid fibroblast growth factor inhibits ischemia-reperfusion-induced damage in intestinal epithelium via regulating P53 and P21WAF-1 expression. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:6981-7 pubmed..05). P53 and P21WAF-1 protein accumulations are associated with intestinal barrier injury induced by I-R insult, while intravenous aFGF can alleviate apoptosis of rat intestinal cells by inhibiting P53 and P21WAF-1 protein expression. ..
- Li L, Cui D, Zheng S, Lou H, Tang J. Regulation of Actinomycin D induced upregulation of Mdm2 in H1299 cells. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012;11:112-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggested a role of Mdm2 in the ribosomal stress response in the p53 deficient cells, which could be exploited in therapeutic use for treating cancers harboring p53 mutations. ..
- Li L, Shi Y, Guo Z, Qiu T, Guo L, Yang H, et al. Clinicopathological features and prognosis assessment of extranodal follicular dendritic cell sarcoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:2504-19 pubmed..Extranodal FDC tumors behave like soft tissue sarcomas. Their clinical outcomes are variable and can be evaluated according to their sizes and grades. ..
- Feng G, Zhang Y, Yuan H, Bai R, Zheng J, Zhang J, et al. DNA methylation of trefoil factor 1 (TFF1) is associated with the tumorigenesis of gastric carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2014;9:109-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the current study demonstrates that DNA methylation is a key mechanism of silencing TFF1 expression in human gastric cells and TFF1 gene hypermethylation of the CpG islands is a potential biomarker for GC. ..
- Wang X, Zhang J, Chen J. [Result of p53, ki-67 protein expression in cholangiocarcinoma with in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry methods]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2000;22:57-60 pubmed..They also indicate that ki-67 labeling index reflects the degree of tumor cell proliferation. This observation suggests that ki-67 labeling index may be a useful predictor of tumor prognosis. ..
- Huang J, Teng L, Liu T, Li L, Chen D, Li F, et al. Identification of a novel serine/threonine kinase that inhibits TNF-induced NF-kappaB activation and p53-induced transcription. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:774-8 pubmed..Our findings suggest that SHIK is a negative regulator of NF-kappaB- and p53-mediated gene transcription. ..
- Li L, Deng B, Xing G, Teng Y, Tian C, Cheng X, et al. PACT is a negative regulator of p53 and essential for cell growth and embryonic development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7951-6 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate that the PACT-p53 interaction plays a critical role in embryonic development and tumorigenesis and identify PACT as a member of negative regulators of p53. ..
- Hu J, Chu S, Ning N, Yuan Y, Xue W, Chen N, et al. Protective effect of (-)clausenamide against Abeta-induced neurotoxicity in differentiated PC12 cells. Neurosci Lett. 2010;483:78-82 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that (-)Clau may be a therapeutic agent for AD. ..
- Long J, Wang Y, Li M, Tong W, Jia J, Huang J. Correlation of TP53 mutations with HCV positivity in hepatocarcinogenesis: identification of a novel TP53 microindel in hepatocellular carcinoma with HCV infection. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:119-24 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified a novel TP53 microindel in HCC, and provided evidence of HCC characterized by HCV infections typically associated with mutational inactivation of the TP53 gene. ..
- Yang M, Guo Y, Zhang X, Miao X, Tan W, Sun T, et al. Interaction of P53 Arg72Pro and MDM2 T309G polymorphisms and their associations with risk of gastric cardia cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:1996-2001 pubmed..05 [95% confidence interval (CI), 2.50-10.20]. These results suggest that the P53 72Pro and MDM2 309G polymorphisms contribute to the risk of developing GCA. ..
- Sun X, Sun G, Wang M, Xiao J, Sun X. Protective effects of cynaroside against H?O?-induced apoptosis in H9c2 cardiomyoblasts. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:2019-29 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cynaroside prevents H(2) O(2) -induced apoptosis in H9c2 cell by reducing the endogenous production of ROS, maintaining mitochondrial function, and modulating the JNK and P53 pathways. ..
- Wang L, Du Y, Lu M, Li T. ASEB: a web server for KAT-specific acetylation site prediction. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:W376-9 pubmed publisher..This web server can be freely accessed at http://cmbi.bjmu.edu.cn/huac. ..
- Huang J, Zhang L, Liu W, Liao Q, Shi T, Xiao L, et al. CCDC134 interacts with hADA2a and functions as a regulator of hADA2a in acetyltransferase activity, DNA damage-induced apoptosis and cell cycle arrest. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:41-55 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicate that CCDC134 might act as a novel regulator of hADA2a, and plays roles in the PCAF complex via hADA2a to affect its acetyltransferase activity and UV-induced DNA damage repair. ..
- Wu M, Xu L, Li X, Zhai Z, Shu H. AMID, an apoptosis-inducing factor-homologous mitochondrion-associated protein, induces caspase-independent apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:25617-23 pubmed..Furthermore, AMID-induced apoptosis was independent of caspase activation and p53 and was not inhibited by Bcl-2. These findings suggest that AMID induces a novel caspase-independent apoptotic pathway. ..
- Yan L, Lu X, Wang C, Cao R, Yin Y, Jia C, et al. [Association between p53 gene codon 72 polymorphism and keloid in Chinese population]. Zhonghua Zheng Xing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2007;23:428-30 pubmed..Further research should be done to investigate the relationship between p53 gene codon 72 polymorphism and keloids in different sites. ..
- Chen H, Wan Y, Zhou S, Lu Y, Zhang Z, Zhang R, et al. Endothelium-specific SIRT1 overexpression inhibits hyperglycemia-induced upregulation of vascular cell senescence. Sci China Life Sci. 2012;55:467-73 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings suggest that SIRT1-mediated inhibition of hyperglycemia-induced vascular cell senescence is mediated at least partly through the reduction of oxidative stress. ..
- Wei P, Jin X, Zhang X, Hu Z, Han C, Liu Y. Expression of Bcl-2 and p53 at the fetal-maternal interface of rhesus monkey. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005;3:4 pubmed
- Lu H, Wu Y, Luo W, Han Y, Cai Y, Xu X, et al. [Correlation between aneuploidy of chromosome 17, over-expression of TP53 and TOPIIalpha, and the clinicopathological features and diagnosis of gastric adenocarcinoma]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2009;31:754-8 pubmed..05). Detection of aneuploidy of cen17 as well as over-expression of TP53 and TOPIIalpha may be helpful in the diagnosis and prognostic prediction of gastric adenocarcinoma. ..
- Chen S, Wei H, Lv W, Wang D, Sun F. E2 ligase dRad6 regulates DMP53 turnover in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:9020-30 pubmed publisher..In contrast to that, the E3 ligase is the primary factor that regulates p53 turnover in mammals, and this work demonstrates that the E2 ligase dRad6 is critical for the control of DMP53 degradation in Drosophila. ..
- Tian B, Liu J, Liu B, Dong Y, Liu J, Song Y, et al. p53 Suppresses lung resistance-related protein expression through Y-box binding protein 1 in the MCF-7 breast tumor cell line. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:3433-41 pubmed publisher..All these findings indicated that loss of p53-related suppression of LRP may be the reason for LRP expression increase, and, therefore, chemotherapy resistance in tumor cells. ..
- Yuan X, Liu W, Hao J, Gu W, Zhao Y. Topical grape seed proanthocyandin extract reduces sunburn cells and mutant p53 positive epidermal cell formation, and prevents depletion of Langerhans cells in an acute sunburn model. Photomed Laser Surg. 2012;30:20-5 pubmed publisher..001, p<0.001, and p<0.01, respectively). GSPE may be a possible preventive agent for photoprotection. ..
- Yan J, Khatibi N, Han H, Hu Q, Chen C, Li L, et al. p53-induced uncoupling expression of aquaporin-4 and inwardly rectifying K+ 4.1 channels in cytotoxic edema after subarachnoid hemorrhage. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2012;18:334-42 pubmed publisher..These results indicated p53 mediates the formation of cytotoxic edema in the brain following SAH; an uncoupling expression of AQP4 and Kir4.1 on astrocytic end feet orchestrated by p38MAPK was partly responsible. ..
- Wang H, Pei W, Luan Q, Ma F, Zhou S, Zhao Z, et al. A feasibility study on gene therapy of pancreatic carcinoma with Ad-PUMA. Cancer Biol Ther. 2012;13:712-9 pubmed..PUMA plays roles in negatively regulating cancer cell growth and may be a promising tool for cancer biotherapy, with or without combination with chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Mo M, Chen Z, Zhou H, Li H, Hirata T, Jablons D, et al. Detection of E2A-PBX1 fusion transcripts in human non-small-cell lung cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2013;32:29 pubmed publisher..E2A-PBX1 fusion gene caused by t(1;19)(q23;p13) may be a common genetic change in AIS and a survival determinant for female AIS patients at early stage. ..
- Liu X, Tan Y, Zhang C, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Ren P, et al. NAT10 regulates p53 activation through acetylating p53 at K120 and ubiquitinating Mdm2. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:349-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data demonstrate that NAT10 plays a critical role in p53 activation via acetylating p53 and counteracting Mdm2 action, providing a novel pathway by which nucleolar protein activates p53 as a cellular stress sensor. ..
- Liu K, Lin D, Ouyang Y, Pang L, Guo X, Wang S, et al. Amphiregulin impairs apoptosis-stimulating protein 2 of p53 overexpression-induced apoptosis in hepatoma cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317695026 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data elucidate an apoptosis-evasion mechanism in hepatocellular carcinoma and have potential implications for hepatocellular carcinoma therapy. ..
- Li C, Chen H, Ding F, Zhang Y, Luo A, Wang M, et al. A novel p53 target gene, S100A9, induces p53-dependent cellular apoptosis and mediates the p53 apoptosis pathway. Biochem J. 2009;422:363-72 pubmed publisher..Thus we conclude that a gene down-regulated in ESCC, S100A9, is a novel p53 transcriptional target, induces cellular apoptosis in a partly p53-dependent manner and mediates the p53 apoptosis pathway. ..
- Yang A, Shi W, Li Y, Wang Z, Shao R, Li D, et al. Role of prosurvival molecules in the action of lidamycin toward human tumor cells. Biomed Environ Sci. 2009;22:244-52 pubmed publisher..Cellular prosurvival molecules, such as SIRT1, Akt, SOD-1, SOD-2 and other unknown factors can influence the action of lidamycin on human tumor cells. ..
- Yang Y, Zhao X, Chen W, Gao Z, Liu A, Guo J, et al. Effects of cidofovir on human papillomavirus-positive cervical cancer cells xenografts in nude mice. Oncol Res. 2010;18:519-27 pubmed..Our study gives more evidence and explanation on in vivo inhibition effect of cidofovir on HPV genome-positive cervical carcinoma cell line xenografts...
- Jing H, Wang J, Yang P, Ke X, Xia G, Chen B. Magnetic Fe?O? nanoparticles and chemotherapy agents interact synergistically to induce apoptosis in lymphoma cells. Int J Nanomedicine. 2010;5:999-1004 pubmed publisher..05). These findings suggest a potential clinical application for MNP-Fe?O? in combination with daunorubicin or adriamycin in the treatment of lymphoma. ..
- Liu R, Xing L, Kong D, Jiang J, Shang L, Hao W. Bisphenol A inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in micromass cultures of rat embryonic midbrain cells through the JNK, CREB and p53 signaling pathways. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;52:76-82 pubmed publisher..Multiple signaling pathways, such as the JNK, CREB and p53-mitochondrial apoptosis pathways, participate in these effects. ..
- Cui D, Li L, Lou H, Sun H, Ngai S, Shao G, et al. The ribosomal protein S26 regulates p53 activity in response to DNA damage. Oncogene. 2014;33:2225-35 pubmed publisher..Our finding also implicates p53 transcriptional activity control as an important mechanism of p53 regulation by ribosomal proteins. ..
- Xu H, Wang Z, Jin S, Hao H, Zheng L, Zhou B, et al. Dux4 induces cell cycle arrest at G1 phase through upregulation of p21 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:235-40 pubmed publisher..Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) assays confirmed the Dux4-induced binding of Sp1 to p21 promoter in vivo. These results suggest that Dux4 might induce proliferation inhibition and G1 phase arrest through upregulation of p21. ..
- Liu X, Wang S, Guo X, Wei F, Yin J, Zang Y, et al. Exogenous p53 and ASPP2 expression enhances rAdV-TK/ GCV-induced death in hepatocellular carcinoma cells lacking functional p53. Oncotarget. 2016;7:18896-905 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the combined use of HSV-TK, GCV, rAdV-p53 and rAdV-ASPP2 may improve therapeutic efficacy in HCC patients lacking functional p53. ..
- Sun Y, Li J, He J, Zhou L, Chen K. Tissue microarray analysis of multiple gene expression in intestinal metaplasia, dysplasia and carcinoma of the stomach. Histopathology. 2005;46:505-14 pubmed..p53 was useful for distinguishing LGD from HGD. High-level expression of cyclin E might be an indicator for malignant transformation of dysplasia. ..
- Deng M, Li F, Ballif B, Li S, Chen X, Guo L, et al. Identification and functional analysis of a novel cyclin e/cdk2 substrate ankrd17. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7875-88 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that Ankrd17 is an important downstream effector of cyclin E/Cdk2 and positively regulates G(1)/S transition. ..
- Zhang R, Song Y, Gao W, Zhang X, Zuo J, Lei C, et al. [Expression of P53, COX2 and CD44V6 in early-stage squamous carcinoma of cervix with lymph vascular space invasion positive and negative and its relationship with prognosis]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;89:3341-5 pubmed..Furthermore P53 and CD44V6 are not correlated with clinical factors. The overall survival of P53, COX2 and CD44V6 positive cases are significantly shorter than that of negative ones. ..
- Li Z, Shi K, Guan L, Cao T, Jiang Q, Yang Y, et al. ROS leads to MnSOD upregulation through ERK2 translocation and p53 activation in selenite-induced apoptosis of NB4 cells. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:2291-7 pubmed publisher..Active p53 directly mediates the expression of MnSOD, serving as the link between ERK2 translocation and MnSOD upregulation...
- Zhang X, Gao N, Chen R, Xu H, He Q. [Characteristics of boningmycin induced cellular senescence of human tumor cells]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2010;45:589-94 pubmed..1 micromol x L(-1), whereas a higher concentration of it induced apoptosis. The results indicated that cellular senescence induced by boningmycin was one of its mechanisms in tumor suppression. ..
- Huang L, Jiang T, Yuan F, Li G, Xu L, Cui Y. [Correlation between loss of heterozygosity on chromosome 1p and 19q and expression of MGMT, p53 and Ki-67 proteins in gliomas]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2011;33:752-8 pubmed
- Wang B, Fang L, Zhao H, Xiang T, Wang D. MDM2 inhibitor Nutlin-3a suppresses proliferation and promotes apoptosis in osteosarcoma cells. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2012;44:685-91 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the disruption of p53-MDM2 interaction by Nutlin-3a might be beneficial for OS patients with MDM2 amplification and wt p53 status. ..
- Wang J, Jiao J, Li Q, Long B, Wang K, Liu J, et al. miR-499 regulates mitochondrial dynamics by targeting calcineurin and dynamin-related protein-1. Nat Med. 2011;17:71-8 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a role for miR-499 in regulating the mitochondrial fission machinery and we suggest that modulation of miR-499 levels may provide a therapeutic approach for treating myocardial infarction. ..
- Wen R, Li J, Xu X, Cui Z, Xiao W. Zebrafish Mms2 promotes K63-linked polyubiquitination and is involved in p53-mediated DNA-damage response. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012;11:157-66 pubmed publisher..In addition, DrUbc13 specifically binds Drp53 in an in vitro assay. These observations collectively indicate that zebrafish Mms2 and Ubc13 form a stable complex, which is required for p53-mediated DNA-damage response. ..
- Zhao X, Zhang Y, He S, Yang L. [Predictive value of P53 expression in selecting first-line chemotherapy regimen for advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma]. Ai Zheng. 2005;24:1542-5 pubmed..These recommendations should be tested in further trails with large samples. ..
- Wei Q, Li J, Liu T, Tong X, Ye X. Phosphorylation of minichromosome maintenance protein 7 (MCM7) by cyclin/cyclin-dependent kinase affects its function in cell cycle regulation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:19715-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the phosphorylation of MCM7 on Ser-121 by cyclin/Cdks is involved in preventing DNA rereplication as well as in regulation of the mitotic exit. ..
- Zhao C, Hu H, Meng L, Li Q, Lin A. Immortalization of bovine mammary epithelial cells alone by human telomerase reverse transcriptase. Cell Biol Int. 2010;34:579-86 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, two immortal cell lines showed a significant distinction in proliferation rate, implying that other mechanisms might be involved in proliferation control. ..
- Dong B, Xie Y, Chen K, Wang T, Tang W, You W, et al. Differences in biological features of gastric dysplasia, indefinite dysplasia, reactive hyperplasia and discriminant analysis of these lesions. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:3595-600 pubmed..Dys has neoplastic biological characteristics, while RH and IDys display hyperplastic characteristics. MUC5AC and proliferation-related biomarkers (Ki-67, PCNA) are more specific in distinguishing Dys from RH and IDys. ..
- Wang Y, Cui J, Sun X, Zhang Y. Tunneling-nanotube development in astrocytes depends on p53 activation. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:732-42 pubmed publisher..Akt, phosphoinositide 3-kinase and mTOR are involved in TNT induction. Our data suggest that TNTs might be a mechanism for cells to respond to harmful signals and transfer cellular substances or energy to another cell under stress. ..
- Kong B, Zhu Y, Li G, Williams J, Buckley K, Tawfik O, et al. Mice with hepatocyte-specific FXR deficiency are resistant to spontaneous but susceptible to cholic acid-induced hepatocarcinogenesis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2016;310:G295-302 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows that hepatic FXR deficiency may only serve as a tumor initiator, and increased bile acids is required for tumor formation likely by promoting cell proliferation. ..
- Zhang C, Li X, Cui H, Shen D, Wei L. Advanced primary peritoneal carcinoma: clinicopathological and prognostic factor analyses. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2008;9:435-40 pubmed publisher..Overestimating an optimal debulking surgery may not benefit survival. The pathologic subtype, chemotherapy regimen and p53 overexpression were significant prognostic factors. ..
- Zhou X, Jia J. P53-mediated G(1)/S checkpoint dysfunction in lymphocytes from Alzheimer's disease patients. Neurosci Lett. 2010;468:320-5 pubmed publisher..Two potential biomarkers were indicated in blood lymphocytes from AD patients: the G(1)/S checkpoint dysfunction and the conformationally mutant-like p53 protein. ..
- Gao L, Fu S, Li H, Wang X, Liu J, Liu H, et al. Pyrimidone derivative inhibits simian immunodeficiency virus-induced apoptosis of CEM x174 cells. Cell Biol Int. 2009;33:207-16 pubmed publisher..The apoptotic effect of SIV was also blocked by treatment with EPCP. The pharmacological effects of EPCP paralleled those of AZT, suggesting the possibility that EPCP might be a novel antiviral agent for SIV. ..
- Guo D, Hu K, Lei Y, Wang Y, Ma T, He D. Identification and characterization of a novel cytoplasm protein ICF45 that is involved in cell cycle regulation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53498-505 pubmed..Our results suggest that ICF45 is a highly conserved novel protein, which is expressed in a cell cycle-dependent manner and seemed to be involved in cell cycle progression and cell proliferation. ..
- Chai Y, Hu J, Lei F, Wang Y, Yuan Z, Lu X, et al. Effect of berberine on cell cycle arrest and cell survival during cerebral ischemia and reperfusion and correlations with p53/cyclin D1 and PI3K/Akt. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;708:44-55 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that berberine induced cell cycle arrest and cell survival to resist cerebral ischemia injury. ..
- Tian C, Lv D, Qiao H, Zhang J, Yin Y, Qian X, et al. TFDP3 inhibits E2F1-induced, p53-mediated apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;361:20-5 pubmed..These data suggest a new mechanism for the regulation of E2F1-induced apoptosis and provide further evidence for the general involvement of TFDP3 in the regulation of E2F functions. ..
- Li W, Li H, Zhang L, Hu M, Li F, Deng J, et al. Long non-coding RNA LINC00672 contributes to p53 protein-mediated gene suppression and promotes endometrial cancer chemosensitivity. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:5801-5813 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that LINC00672 can influence LASP1 expression as a locus-restricted cofactor for p53-mediated gene suppression, thus impacting EC malignancies and chemosensitivity to paclitaxel. ..
- Xia H, Sun J, Sun Q, Yang Y, Peng J. Implantation-associated gene-1 (Iag-1): a novel gene involved in the early process of embryonic implantation in rat. Hum Reprod. 2008;23:1581-93 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of Iag-1 can inhibit ESCs proliferation and induce ESCs apoptosis, and p53 and Bax may play an important role in the process of Iag-1-induced apoptosis. ..
- Yuan H, Zhang X, Huang X, Lu Y, Tang W, Man Y, et al. NADPH oxidase 2-derived reactive oxygen species mediate FFAs-induced dysfunction and apoptosis of ?-cells via JNK, p38 MAPK and p53 pathways. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15726 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a new insight of the NOX2 as a potential new therapeutic target for preservation of ?-cell mass and function. ..
- Gong L, Liu W, Sun X, Sajdik C, Tian X, Niu X, et al. Histological and clinical characteristics of malignant giant cell tumor of bone. Virchows Arch. 2012;460:327-34 pubmed publisher..MGCTB should be considered as a high-grade sarcoma. It must be distinguished from GCTB and other malignant tumors containing giant cells. p53 might play a role in the malignant transformation of GCTB. ..
- Chen J, Li J, Han Q, Sun Z, Wang J, Wang S, et al. Enhancer of zeste homolog 2 is overexpressed and contributes to epigenetic inactivation of p21 and phosphatase and tensin homolog in B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2012;237:1110-6 pubmed
- Hua G, Wang S, Zhong C, Xue P, Fan Z. Ignition of p53 bomb sensitizes tumor cells to granzyme K-mediated cytolysis. J Immunol. 2009;182:2152-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, p53 is as a cytotoxic bomb that can be triggered by granzyme K, leading to potentiating killing efficacy. ..
- Wang J, Jiang D, Zhang H, Lv S, Rao H, Fei R, et al. Proteome responses to stable hepatitis B virus transfection and following interferon alpha treatment in human liver cell line HepG2. Proteomics. 2009;9:1672-82 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of interferon-stimulated gene 15 (ISG15) in HepG2.2.15 and recovery by IFNalpha suggested its relationship with IFNalpha's anti-HBV effect. ..
- Chen Y, Shen D, Gu Y, Zhong P, Xie J, Song Q. The diagnostic value of Ki-67, P53 and P63 in distinguishing partial Hydatidiform mole from hydropic abortion. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2012;124:184-7 pubmed publisher..Due to, however, the limited samples, it needs to expand the number of the cases to verify this conclusion. ..
- Ding N, Che L, Li X, Liu Y, Jiang L, Fan B, et al. Oncogenic potential of IDH1R132C mutant in cholangiocarcinoma development in mice. World J Gastroenterol. 2016;22:2071-80 pubmed publisher..We have generated a simple, non-germline murine ICC model with activated Notch, loss of p53 and IDH1R132C mutant. The study supported the oncogenic potential of IDH1R132C. ..
- Zhao D, Zou L, Lin S, Shi J, Zhu H. Anti-apoptotic effect of esculin on dopamine-induced cytotoxicity in the human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cell line. Neuropharmacology. 2007;53:724-32 pubmed..These data indicate that esculin may provide a useful therapeutic strategy for the treatment of progressive neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease (PD). ..
- Guo R, Wang Y, Shi W, Liu B, Hou S, Liu L. MicroRNA miR-491-5p targeting both TP53 and Bcl-XL induces cell apoptosis in SW1990 pancreatic cancer cells through mitochondria mediated pathway. Molecules. 2012;17:14733-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrated that miR491-5p could effectively target both Bcl-xL and TP53 and induce cell apoptosis independent of TP53. ..
- Han W, Mu Y, Lu X, Xu Z, Li X, Yu L, et al. Up-regulation of LRP16 mRNA by 17beta-estradiol through activation of estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha), but not ERbeta, and promotion of human breast cancer MCF-7 cell proliferation: a preliminary report. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2003;10:217-24 pubmed..From these results we concluded that estrogen up-regulates the expression level of LRP16 mRNA through activation of ERalpha and that overexpression of LRP16 promotes MCF-7 cell proliferation probably by increasing cyclin E. ..
- Lu Z, Tao Y, Zhou Z, Zhang J, Li C, Ou L, et al. Mitochondrial reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide-mediated cancer cell apoptosis in 2-butylamino-2-demethoxyhypocrellin B photodynamic treatment. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006;41:1590-605 pubmed..The results suggested that both ROS and NO played important roles in the apoptosis-induced by PDT. ..
- Ma L, Li N, He X, Zhang Q. [miR-449b and miR-34c on inducing down-regulation of cell cycle-related proteins and cycle arrests in SKOV3-ipl cell, an ovarian cancer cell line]. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2011;43:129-33 pubmed..miR-449b and miR-34c resulted in cell cycle arrests and down-regulation of CDK6, CDC25A and CyclinA in high malignant ovarian cancer cell line SKOV3-ipl. ..
- Xie P, Tian C, An L, Nie J, Lu K, Xing G, et al. Histone methyltransferase protein SETD2 interacts with p53 and selectively regulates its downstream genes. Cell Signal. 2008;20:1671-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that the histone methyltransferase SETD2 could selectively regulate the transcription of subset genes via cooperation with the transcription factor p53. ..
- Wan L, Li D, Zhang D, Liu X, Fu W, Zhu L, et al. Conservation and implications of eukaryote transcriptional regulatory regions across multiple species. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:623 pubmed publisher..In addition, we also found that the TRRs of protein coding genes and ncRNAs are similar in structure, with the latter being more conserved than the former. ..
- Li J, Yin S, Dong Y, Fan L, Hu H. p53 activation inhibits ochratoxin A-induced apoptosis in monkey and human kidney epithelial cells via suppression of JNK activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;411:458-63 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is first report of pro-survival role of p53 in OTA-induced apoptosis in kidney epithelial cells. Our findings provide a novel insight into the mechanisms of OTA-induced apoptosis in kidney epithelial cells. ..
- Li H, Qian W, Weng X, Wu Z, Li H, Zhuang Q, et al. Glucocorticoid receptor and sequential P53 activation by dexamethasone mediates apoptosis and cell cycle arrest of osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37030 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that proliferation of MC3T3-E1 cell was significantly and directly inhibited by dexamethasone treatment via aberrant GR activation and subsequently P53 activation. ..
- Chu X, Wu B, Fan H, Hou J, Hao J, Hu J, et al. PTD-fused p53 as a potential antiviral agent directly suppresses HBV transcription and expression. Antiviral Res. 2016;127:41-9 pubmed publisher..Our results thereby provide a basis for developing a new therapeutic approach against HBV infection. ..
- Zhang L, Tie Y, Tian C, Xing G, Song Y, Zhu Y, et al. CKIP-1 recruits nuclear ATM partially to the plasma membrane through interaction with ATM. Cell Signal. 2006;18:1386-95 pubmed..Our data provide the first evidence that ATM, a predominantly nuclear kinase, could be relocalized to the plasma membrane by CKIP-1 and shed new light on the multi-functional CKIP-1. ..
- Liu J, Zhang X, Guo Y, Sun T, Lin D, Wen T. [Genetic polymorphism in MDM2 is associated with susceptibility to colorectal cancer in a Chinese population]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2008;30:335-8 pubmed..09, 95% CI = 0.63-1.88). These results suggest that genetic polymorphism in MDM2 may be associated with susceptibility to colorectal cancer in a Chinese population. ..
- Jian Y, Gao Z, Sun J, Shen Q, Feng F, Jing Y, et al. RNA aptamers interfering with nucleophosmin oligomerization induce apoptosis of cancer cells. Oncogene. 2009;28:4201-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that interfering with NPM oligomerization can inhibit NPM function and aptamers targeting NPM can serve as potential lead for developing anticancer drugs. ..
- Guo Z, Wang J, Yang J, Wu N, Zhang Y, Shen Y. An inhibitory role of p53 via NF-kappaB element on the cyclin D1 gene under heat shock. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1789:758-62 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that the mechanism of heat shock-mediated inhibition of cyclin D1 transcription involves an NF-kappaB site. The data presented provide a new insight into the underlying heat shock inhibition of gene transcription. ..
- Zhang J, Zhang S. Discovery of cancer common and specific driver gene sets. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:e86 pubmed publisher..In these processes more candidate cancer genes are also found. ..
- Sun L, Shi L, Wang F, Huangyang P, Si W, Yang J, et al. Substrate phosphorylation and feedback regulation in JFK-promoted p53 destabilization. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:4226-35 pubmed publisher..These data may shed new light on the functional connection between CSN, Skp1-Cul1-F-box ubiquitin ligase, and p53 and provide a molecular mechanism for the regulation of JFK-promoted p53 degradation. ..
- Chen H, Yuan Y, Zhang C, Luo A, Ding F, Ma J, et al. Involvement of S100A14 protein in cell invasion by affecting expression and function of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 via p53-dependent transcriptional regulation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17109-19 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data strongly suggest that S100A14 promotes cell motility and invasiveness by regulating the expression and function of MMP2 in a p53-dependent manner. ..
- Chen H, Zhang W, Cheng X, Guo L, Xie S, Ma Y, et al. β2-AR activation induces chemoresistance by modulating p53 acetylation through upregulating Sirt1 in cervical cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1310-1317 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the p53-dependent, chemotherapeutics-induced cytotoxicity in cervical cancer cells may be compromised by catecholamines-induced upregulation of the Sirt1 expression through activating the β2-AR signaling. ..
- Wang S, Qiu L, Yan X, Jin W, Wang Y, Chen L, et al. Loss of microRNA 122 expression in patients with hepatitis B enhances hepatitis B virus replication through cyclin G(1) -modulated P53 activity. Hepatology. 2012;55:730-41 pubmed publisher..Our work shows that miR-122 down-regulation induced by HBV infection can impact HBV replication and possibly contribute to viral persistence and carcinogenesis. ..