Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on triticum in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Zhang Y, Ni Z, Yao Y, Nie X, Sun Q. Gibberellins and heterosis of plant height in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). BMC Genet. 2007;8:40 pubmed..Our results provided molecular evidences not only for the higher GA levels and more active GA biosynthesis in hybrid, but also for the heterosis in plant height of wheat and possibly other cereal crops. ..
- Wang H, Fan B, Li C, Liu S, Li M. Effects of rhamnolipid on the cellulase and xylanase in hydrolysis of wheat straw. Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:6515-21 pubmed publisher..However, it distinctly protected Cellulase R-10 from degradation or inactivation, keeping the reducing sugars yield at about 17%. ..
- Zhao C, Waalwijk C, de Wit P, van der Lee T, Tang D. EBR1, a novel Zn(2)Cys(6) transcription factor, affects virulence and apical dominance of the hyphal tip in Fusarium graminearum. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2011;24:1407-18 pubmed publisher..Similar to EBR1, FOXG_05408 is localized in the nucleus of F. oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici. Possible functions of EBR1 and its relation with other fungal transcription factors are discussed. ..
- Zhang R, Han S, Zhang Z, Zhang W, Yang J, Wan Z, et al. Cereal Fiber Ameliorates High-Fat/Cholesterol-Diet-Induced Atherosclerosis by Modulating the NLRP3 Inflammasome Pathway in ApoE-/- Mice. J Agric Food Chem. 2018;66:4827-4834 pubmed publisher..Such effects are pronounced with oat fiber and likely mediated by specific inhibition of oat fiber on the NLRP3 inflammasome pathway. ..
- Li Y, Xiao J, Wu J, Duan J, Liu Y, Ye X, et al. A tandem segmental duplication (TSD) in green revolution gene Rht-D1b region underlies plant height variation. New Phytol. 2012;196:282-91 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that changes in gene copy number are one of the important sources of genetic diversity and some of these changes could be directly associated with important traits in crops. ..
- Ma X, Wang L, Wei H, Huo X, Wang C, Liu D, et al. Adjuvant properties of water extractable arabinoxylans with different structural features from wheat flour against model antigen ovalbumin. Food Funct. 2016;7:1537-43 pubmed publisher..Compared with the other characteristics of the WEAX, we found that the immunomodulatory activity may be related to their content of ferulic acid, and not to the molecular weight. ..
- Li G, Fang T, Zhang H, Xie C, Li H, Yang T, et al. Molecular identification of a new powdery mildew resistance gene Pm41 on chromosome 3BL derived from wild emmer (Triticum turgidum var. dicoccoides). Theor Appl Genet. 2009;119:531-9 pubmed publisher..Since no designated powdery mildew resistance gene has been found on chromosome 3BL, the resistance gene derived from wild emmer accession IW2 appears to be new one and was consequently designated Pm41. ..
- Duan J, Wu J, Liu Y, Xiao J, Zhao G, Gu Y, et al. New cis-regulatory elements in the Rht-D1b locus region of wheat. Funct Integr Genomics. 2012;12:489-500 pubmed publisher..Eight cis-regulatory elements in these CNSs around grass DELLA genes were detected. ..
- Liu J, Zhang F. [Dynamics of soil P pool in a long-term fertilizing experiment of wheat-maize rotation. II. Dynamics of soil Olsen-P and inorganic P]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2000;11:365-8 pubmed..1%, and O-P and Ca10-P accounted for 20.4% of total inorganic P. The availability of fertilizer P was obviously increased by long-term applying fertilizer P together with manure, compared with applying fertilizer P alone. ..
- Zhang Z, Lin Z, Xin Z. Research progress in BYDV resistance genes derived from wheat and its wild relatives. J Genet Genomics. 2009;36:567-73 pubmed publisher..These studies lay the foundations for developing resistant wheat cultivars and unraveling the resistance mechanism against BYDV. ..
- Han Y, Wang Y, Bi J, Yang X, Huang Y, Zhao X, et al. Constitutive and induced activities of defense-related enzymes in aphid-resistant and aphid-susceptible cultivars of wheat. J Chem Ecol. 2009;35:176-82 pubmed publisher..The potential role of PAL, PPO, and POD in wheat defense against aphid infestation is discussed. ..
- Rong W, Qi L, Wang J, Du L, Xu H, Wang A, et al. Expression of a potato antimicrobial peptide SN1 increases resistance to take-all pathogen Gaeumannomyces graminis var. tritici in transgenic wheat. Funct Integr Genomics. 2013;13:403-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SN1 may be a potentially transgenic tool for improving the take-all resistance of wheat. ..
- Wang X, Zhang Z, Zhang Q, Liu Y, Xin Z. [Construction, characterization and screening of a transformation-competent artificial chromosome (TAC) library of wheat-Thinopyrum intermedium translocation line with resistance to barley yellow dwarf virus]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2002;29:712-8 pubmed..intermidium. These results showed evidences that the 10 clones could be used as candidate clones for isolation of BYDV resistance and its related genes, and the TAC library is a useful resource for isolating genes. ..
- Jiang L, Yang J, Fan F, Zhang D, Wang X. The type 2C protein phosphatase FgPtc1p of the plant fungal pathogen Fusarium graminearum is involved in lithium toxicity and virulence. Mol Plant Pathol. 2010;11:277-82 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we showed that deletion of FgPTC1 attenuated the virulence of F. graminearum on wheat. Therefore, FgPTC1 plays an important role in regulating the hyphal growth and virulence of F. graminearum. ..
- Ma Q. Characterization of a cinnamoyl-CoA reductase that is associated with stem development in wheat. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:2011-21 pubmed..This suggests that Ta-CCR1 and its related CCR enzyme may be involved in the regulation of lignin biosynthesis during stem maturity and then contributes to stem strength support in wheat. ..
- Wan W, Zhang S, Huang H, Wu T. Occurrence and distribution of organophosphorus esters in soils and wheat plants in a plastic waste treatment area in China. Environ Pollut. 2016;214:349-353 pubmed publisher..The uptake and translocation of OPEs by wheat were determined, with OPEs of high hydrophobicity more easily taken up from soils and OPEs with low hydrophobicity more liable to be translocated acropetally. ..
- Qin D, Wu H, Peng H, Yao Y, Ni Z, Li Z, et al. Heat stress-responsive transcriptome analysis in heat susceptible and tolerant wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) by using Wheat Genome Array. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:432 pubmed publisher..The heat stress responsive genes identified in this study will facilitate our understanding of molecular basis for heat tolerance in different wheat genotypes and future improvement of heat tolerance in wheat and other cereals. ..
- Ma Q. The expression of caffeic acid 3-O-methyltransferase in two wheat genotypes differing in lodging resistance. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:2763-71 pubmed publisher..Southern analysis in a different population suggested that a TaCM locus was located in the distal region of chromosome 3BL, which has less investigated by QTL for lodging-resistant phenotype. ..
- Fan Z, Hu J, Wang J. Biological nitrate removal using wheat straw and PLA as substrate. Environ Technol. 2012;33:2369-74 pubmed..The wheat straw was superior to PLA when used as carbon source for nitrate removal, in terms of the denitrification rate. ..
- Li L, Sun J, Zhang F, Guo T, Bao X, Smith F, et al. Root distribution and interactions between intercropped species. Oecologia. 2006;147:280-90 pubmed
- Zhou H, Li S, Deng Z, Wang X, Chen T, Zhang J, et al. Molecular analysis of three new receptor-like kinase genes from hexaploid wheat and evidence for their participation in the wheat hypersensitive response to stripe rust fungus infection. Plant J. 2007;52:420-34 pubmed
- Liu H, Zhou X, Dong N, Liu X, Zhang H, Zhang Z. Expression of a wheat MYB gene in transgenic tobacco enhances resistance to Ralstonia solanacearum, and to drought and salt stresses. Funct Integr Genomics. 2011;11:431-43 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that the wheat R2R3-MYB transcription factor plays an important role in modulating responses to biotic and abiotic stresses. ..
- Wu J, Kong X, Wan J, Liu X, Zhang X, Guo X, et al. Dominant and pleiotropic effects of a GAI gene in wheat results from a lack of interaction between DELLA and GID1. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:2120-30 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that the affinity between GID1 and DELLA proteins is key to regulation of the stability of DELLA proteins, and differential interactions determine dominant and semidominant gene responses to GA...
- Duan J, Xia C, Zhao G, Jia J, Kong X. Optimizing de novo common wheat transcriptome assembly using short-read RNA-Seq data. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:392 pubmed publisher..Although RNA-Seq has been successfully used to sequence many non-model organisms, the results of de novo assembly from short reads can still be improved by using recent bioinformatic developments...
- Wang X, Zhang Q, Zheng F, Zheng Q, Yao F, Chen Z, et al. Effects of elevated O? concentration on winter wheat and rice yields in the Yangtze River Delta, China. Environ Pollut. 2012;171:118-25 pubmed publisher..Control of ambient O(3) pollution and breeding of O(3) tolerant crops are urgent to guarantee food security in China. ..
- Chang J, Zhang J, Mao X, Li A, Jia J, Jing R. Polymorphism of TaSAP1-A1 and its association with agronomic traits in wheat. Planta. 2013;237:1495-508 pubmed publisher..These results provide useful information for marker-assisted selection for yield-related traits under well-watered and drought-stressed conditions. ..
- Jia J, Zhao S, Kong X, Li Y, Zhao G, He W, et al. Aegilops tauschii draft genome sequence reveals a gene repertoire for wheat adaptation. Nature. 2013;496:91-5 pubmed publisher..This draft genome sequence provides insight into the environmental adaptation of bread wheat and can aid in defining the large and complicated genomes of wheat species...
- Guo G, Lv D, Yan X, Subburaj S, Ge P, Li X, et al. Proteome characterization of developing grains in bread wheat cultivars (Triticum aestivum L.). BMC Plant Biol. 2012;12:147 pubmed publisher..Some proteins with isoforms were phosphorylated, and this may reflect their importance in grain development. Our results provide new insights into proteome characterization during grain development in different wheat genotypes. ..
- Wei J, Li C, Li Y, Jiang G, Cheng G, Zheng Y. Effects of external potassium (k) supply on drought tolerances of two contrasting winter wheat cultivars. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69737 pubmed publisher..Internal K starvation may disorder plant metabolism and limit plant growth. However, it is seldom reported about the effects of external K on drought tolerance of contrasting wheat cultivars...
- Shah F, Razaq M, Ali A, Han P, CHEN J. Comparative role of neem seed extract, moringa leaf extract and imidacloprid in the management of wheat aphids in relation to yield losses in Pakistan. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184639 pubmed publisher..Further studies should consider the side effects of biopesticides on non-target organisms in order to provide better management practices in the field...
- Li B, Xu W, Xu Y, Zhang Y, Wang T, Bai Y, et al. Integrative study on proteomics, molecular physiology, and genetics reveals an accumulation of cyclophilin-like protein, TaCYP20-2, leading to an increase of Rht protein and dwarf in a novel GA-insensitive mutant (gaid) in Wheat. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:4242-53 pubmed publisher..It suggests that TaCYP20-2 is a new member that regulates wheat stem development mediated by DELLA protein degradation of GA signaling pathway. ..
- Liang C, Li Y, Zhang X, Song Y, Wang W, Fang J, et al. [Immunotoxicologic assessment of genetically modified drought-resistant wheat T349 with GmDREB1]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;46:556-60 pubmed..18, P<0.05). The genetically modified drought-resistant wheat T349 was substantially equivalent to parental wheat in the effects on immune organs and immunologic functions of mice, and it didn't show immunotoxicity. ..
- Wang G, Huang Y, Wang E, Yu Y, Zhang W. Modeling soil organic carbon change across Australian wheat growing areas, 1960-2010. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63324 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the loss of SOC could be halted, or even reversed, with an additional input of organic C into the soil at a minimum rate of 0.4 Mg ha(-1) yr(-1). ..
- Akimkulova A, Zhou Y, Zhao X, Liu D. Improving the enzymatic hydrolysis of dilute acid pretreated wheat straw by metal ion blocking of non-productive cellulase adsorption on lignin. Bioresour Technol. 2016;208:110-116 pubmed publisher..Mg(2+) blocking made the lignin surface less negatively charged, which might weaken the hydrogen bonding and electrostatically attractive interaction between lignin and cellulase enzymes. ..
- Da Wang -, Shi X, Dai P, Liu D, Dai X, Shang Z, et al. Comparison of fitness traits and their plasticity on multiple plants for Sitobion avenae infected and cured of a secondary endosymbiont. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23177 pubmed publisher..The identified effects of R. insecticola infections could have significant implications for the ecology and evolution of its host populations in natural conditions. ..
- Yan Q, Wang L, Jiang Z, Yang S, Zhu H, Li L. A xylose-tolerant beta-xylosidase from Paecilomyces thermophila: characterization and its co-action with the endogenous xylanase. Bioresour Technol. 2008;99:5402-10 pubmed publisher..5-1.73 times that of the reaction employing the xylanase alone. This is the first report on the purification and characterization of a beta-xylosidase from Paecilomyces thermophila. ..
- Liu D, Xia X, He Z, Xu S. A novel homeobox-like gene associated with reaction to stripe rust and powdery mildew in common wheat. Phytopathology. 2008;98:1291-6 pubmed publisher..A functional marker, THR1 was developed based on the sequence of TaHLRG and located on chromosome 6A using a set of Chinese Spring nulli-tetrasomic lines. ..
- Xing L, Li J, Xu Y, Xu Z, Chong K. Phosphorylation modification of wheat lectin VER2 is associated with vernalization-induced O-GlcNAc signaling and intracellular motility. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4854 pubmed publisher..Our findings open the way to studies of O-GlcNAc protein modification in response to environmental signals in plants. ..
- Miao J, Sun J, Liu D, Li B, Zhang A, Li Z, et al. Characterization of the promoter of phosphate transporter TaPHT1.2 differentially expressed in wheat varieties. J Genet Genomics. 2009;36:455-66 pubmed publisher..2-D1 promoters of Xiaoyan 54 and Jing 411, and this SNP does not exist within the Pi-starvation responsive elements, the differential expression of TaPHT1.2 in Xiaoyan 54 and Jing 411 may not be caused by this SNP. ..
- Zhu X, Li Z, Xu H, Zhou M, Du L, Zhang Z. Overexpression of wheat lipid transfer protein gene TaLTP5 increases resistances to Cochliobolus sativus and Fusarium graminearum in transgenic wheat. Funct Integr Genomics. 2012;12:481-8 pubmed publisher..sativus or F. graminearum, all six transgenic lines overexpressing TaLTP5 exhibited significantly enhanced resistance to both common root rot and Fusarium head blight compared to the untransformed wheat Yangmai 18. ..
- Zhang J, Li L, Song P, Wang C, Man Q, Meng L, et al. Randomized controlled trial of oatmeal consumption versus noodle consumption on blood lipids of urban Chinese adults with hypercholesterolemia. Nutr J. 2012;11:54 pubmed publisher..Increased consumption of whole grains, including oats, should continue to be encouraged. ..
- Zhao X, Xia X, He Z, Lei Z, Appels R, Yang Y, et al. Novel DNA variations to characterize low molecular weight glutenin Glu-D3 genes and develop STS markers in common wheat. Theor Appl Genet. 2007;114:451-60 pubmed publisher..These markers will be useful to identify the Glu-D3 gene haplotypes in wheat breeding programs...
- Xie J, Wang X, Liu Y, Peng Y, Zhou G. Expression of the barley yellow dwarf virus-GAV movement protein and its detection in the infected and transgenic plants. Acta Virol. 2007;51:157-62 pubmed..Immune serum prepared against purified MP was used for the detection of MP in the BYDV-GAV infected leaves of oat and in the leaves of transgenic wheat plants expressing the full-length and truncated MP gene...
- Hua W, Liu Z, Zhu J, Xie C, Yang T, Zhou Y, et al. Identification and genetic mapping of pm42, a new recessive wheat powdery mildew resistance gene derived from wild emmer (Triticum turgidum var. dicoccoides). Theor Appl Genet. 2009;119:223-30 pubmed publisher..graminis f. sp. tritici. The closely linked molecular markers will enable the rapid transfer of pm42 to wheat breeding populations thus adding to their genetic diversity. ..
- Qiu W, Chen H. Enhanced the enzymatic hydrolysis efficiency of wheat straw after combined steam explosion and laccase pretreatment. Bioresour Technol. 2012;118:8-12 pubmed publisher..This article provided a promising method for lignocellulose bio-pretreatment. ..
- Liu J, Zhang T, Jia J, Sun J. The Wheat Mediator Subunit TaMED25 Interacts with the Transcription Factor TaEIL1 to Negatively Regulate Disease Resistance against Powdery Mildew. Plant Physiol. 2016;170:1799-816 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we identify the TaMED25-TaEIL1-TaERF1 signaling module as a negative regulator of bread wheat resistance to powdery mildew. ..
- Liu W, Wang Y, Chen Y, Tao S, Liu W. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in ambient air, surface soil and wheat grain near a large steel-smelting manufacturer in northern China. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;57:93-103 pubmed publisher..Combined with more significant results from partial correlation and linear regression models, the contribution from air PAHs to grain PAHs may be greater than that from soil PAHs. ..
- Niu C, Wei W, Zhou Q, Tian A, Hao Y, Zhang W, et al. Wheat WRKY genes TaWRKY2 and TaWRKY19 regulate abiotic stress tolerance in transgenic Arabidopsis plants. Plant Cell Environ. 2012;35:1156-70 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of TaWRKY2 and TaWRKY19 in wheat or other crops should improve their performance under various abiotic stress conditions. ..
- Zhang H, van der Lee T, Waalwijk C, Chen W, Xu J, Xu J, et al. Population analysis of the Fusarium graminearum species complex from wheat in China show a shift to more aggressive isolates. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31722 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that natural selection drives the spread of a more vigorous, more toxigenic pathogen population which also shows higher levels of fungicide resistance. ..
- Wang J, Li Q, Mao X, Li A, Jing R. Wheat Transcription Factor TaAREB3 Participates in Drought and Freezing Tolerances in Arabidopsis. Int J Biol Sci. 2016;12:257-69 pubmed publisher..TaAREB3 also activated RD29A, RD29B, COR15A, and COR47 by binding to their promoter regions in transgenic Arabidopsis. These results demonstrated that TaAREB3 plays an important role in drought and freezing tolerances in Arabidopsis. ..
- Chen X, Dong F, Xu J, Liu X, Chen Z, Liu N, et al. Enantioseparation and determination of isofenphos-methyl enantiomers in wheat, corn, peanut and soil with Supercritical fluid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometric method. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1015-1016:13-21 pubmed publisher..50 Î¼g/kg. The proposed method was then successfully applied to analyze authentic samples, confirming that it was a versatile strategy for the analysis of isofenphos-methyl enantiomers in food and environmental matrices. ..
- Hou S, Zhu J, Ding M, Lv G. Simultaneous determination of gibberellic acid, indole-3-acetic acid and abscisic acid in wheat extracts by solid-phase extraction and liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometry. Talanta. 2008;76:798-802 pubmed publisher..Good recoveries from 95.5% to 102.4% for the three phytohormones were obtained. The results demonstrated that the SPE-LC-MS/MS method developed is highly effective for analyzing trace amounts of the three phytohormones in plant samples. ..
- Wang J, Chapman S, Bonnett D, Rebetzke G. Simultaneous selection of major and minor genes: use of QTL to increase selection efficiency of coleoptile length of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Theor Appl Genet. 2009;119:65-74 pubmed publisher..However, a selection scheme combining MAS and PS was equally as efficient as PS and would result in net savings in production and time to delivery of long coleoptile wheats containing the six favorable alleles...
- Tang Z, Zhang L, Xu C, Yuan S, Zhang F, Zheng Y, et al. Uncovering small RNA-mediated responses to cold stress in a wheat thermosensitive genic male-sterile line by deep sequencing. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:721-38 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that smRNA regulatory pathways are linked with male sterility in the TGMS line during cold stress. ..
- Liu Y, Liu D, Zhang H, Gao H, Guo X, Wang D, et al. The alpha- and beta-expansin and xyloglucan endotransglucosylase/hydrolase gene families of wheat: molecular cloning, gene expression, and EST data mining. Genomics. 2007;90:516-29 pubmed..Finally, we present the analysis of wheat alpha- and beta-expansins and XTH families by expressed sequence tag data mining. ..
- Cao Q, Hu Q, Baisch C, Khan S, Zhu Y. Arsenate toxicity for wheat and lettuce in six Chinese soils with different properties. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1946-50 pubmed publisher..The overall results from the present work illustrate the necessity of considering soil properties in assessing soil As contamination. ..
- Du S, Wang M, Zhu W, Qin Z. A new fungicidal lactone from Xylocarpus granatum (Meliaceae). Nat Prod Res. 2009;23:1316-21 pubmed publisher..At a concentration of 20 microg mL(-1), the new lactone gave a 67.4% inhibition rate against wheat powdery mildew...
- Wang C, Yang H. Conserved residues in the subunit interface of tau glutathione s-transferase affect catalytic and structural functions. J Integr Plant Biol. 2011;53:35-43 pubmed publisher..The results of this study form a structural and functional basis for rational design of more selective and environmentally friendly herbicides. ..
- Gao S, Chen M, Xu Z, Zhao C, Li L, Xu H, et al. The soybean GmbZIP1 transcription factor enhances multiple abiotic stress tolerances in transgenic plants. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;75:537-53 pubmed publisher..In addition, GmbZIP1 overexpression did not result in growth retardation in all transgenic plants, suggesting that GmbZIP1 may be a valuable genetic resource for engineering stress tolerance of crops. ..
- An Y, Lin R, Wang F, Feng J, Xu Y, Xu S. Molecular cloning of a new wheat calreticulin gene TaCRT1 and expression analysis in plant defense responses and abiotic stress resistance. Genet Mol Res. 2011;10:3576-85 pubmed publisher..Based on the expression patterns, we propose that TaCRT1 participates in regulatory processes involved in defense responses and stress resistance in wheat...
- Zhao G, Bryan B, King D, Luo Z, Wang E, Song X, et al. Impact of agricultural management practices on soil organic carbon: simulation of Australian wheat systems. Glob Chang Biol. 2013;19:1585-97 pubmed publisher..The results can help target agricultural management practices for increasing SOC in the context of local environmental conditions, enabling farmers to contribute to climate change mitigation and sustaining agricultural production...
- Wan Y, Yan Z, Liu K, Zheng Y, D Ovidio R, Shewry P, et al. Comparative analysis of the D genome-encoded high-molecular weight subunits of glutenin. Theor Appl Genet. 2005;111:1183-90 pubmed..The implications of these results for HMW subunit evolution and wheat quality improvement are discussed. ..
- Ma Q, Xu Y. Characterization of a caffeic acid 3-O-methyltransferase from wheat and its function in lignin biosynthesis. Biochimie. 2008;90:515-24 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that TaCM is a typical COMT involved in lignin biosynthesis. It also supports the notion, in agreement with a structural analysis, that COMT has a broad substrate preference. ..
- Wu Z, Dong H, Zou L, Lu D, Liu Z. Enriched microbial community in bioaugmentation of petroleum-contaminated soil in the presence of wheat straw. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2011;164:1071-82 pubmed publisher..The above mentioned results have provided a microbial ecological insight being essential for the design and implementation of bioaugmentation processes...
- Zhang X, Liu D, Zhang J, Jiang W, Luo G, Yang W, et al. Novel insights into the composition, variation, organization, and expression of the low-molecular-weight glutenin subunit gene family in common wheat. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:2027-40 pubmed publisher..These results contribute to the functional analysis of LMW-GS genes and facilitate improvement of bread-making quality by wheat molecular breeding programmes...
- Fu S, Lv Z, Guo X, Zhang X, Han F. Alteration of terminal heterochromatin and chromosome rearrangements in derivatives of wheat-rye hybrids. J Genet Genomics. 2013;40:413-20 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that centromeres and terminal heterochromatin can be profoundly altered in wheat-rye hybrid derivatives. ..
- Tu C, Li F. Responses of greenhouse gas fluxes to experimental warming in wheat season under conventional tillage and no-tillage fields. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;54:314-327 pubmed publisher..However, increase in soil CO2 emission indicated that future warming projection might provide positive feedback between soil C release and global warming in NCP. ..
- Wu X, Liu Q, Deng Y, Li J, Chen X, Gu Y, et al. Production of itaconic acid by biotransformation of wheat bran hydrolysate with Aspergillus terreus CICC40205 mutant. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:25-34 pubmed publisher..65gL-1±0.38gL-1. Overall, A. terreus CICC40205 showed a great potential for the industrial production of IA through the biotransformation of the wheat bran hydrolysate. ..
- Gao C, Xiao W, Ji G, Zhang Y, Cao Y, Han L. Regularity and mechanism of wheat straw properties change in ball milling process at cellular scale. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:214-219 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ball milling continually converted macromolecules of wheat straw cell wall into water-soluble substances resulting in the water extractives proportional to milling time. ..
- Wang H, Liu D, Sun J, Zhang A. Asparagine synthetase gene TaASN1 from wheat is up-regulated by salt stress, osmotic stress and ABA. J Plant Physiol. 2005;162:81-9 pubmed publisher..TaASN1 was dramatically induced by salinity, osmotic stress and exogenous abscisic acid (ABA) in wheat seedlings. TaASN2 transcripts were very low in all detected tissues and conditions and were only slightly induced by ABA in roots...
- Wang Y, Yu J, Chen T, Zhang Z, Hao Y, Zhang J, et al. Functional analysis of a putative Ca2+ channel gene TaTPC1 from wheat. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:3051-60 pubmed publisher..TaTPC1 transgenic plants exhibited more stomatal closing in the presence of Ca2+ than the control, supporting a role for the calcium channel in regulating plant responses to environmental change...
- Wang C, Ma Q, Lin Z, He P, Liu J. Cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding 14-3-3 protein with leaf and stem-specific expression from wheat. DNA Seq. 2008;19:130-6 pubmed..These data suggest that structure difference and spatial expression of 14-3-3 will be the important factors to confine its functional specificity. ..
- Li Z, Li B, Tong Y. The contribution of distant hybridization with decaploid Agropyron elongatum to wheat improvement in China. J Genet Genomics. 2008;35:451-6 pubmed publisher..As an example, our research progress on how to increase light use efficiency in wheat through breeding is introduced and discussed...
- Yu C, Li Y, Li B, Liu X, Hao L, Chen J, et al. Molecular analysis of phosphomannomutase (PMM) genes reveals a unique PMM duplication event in diverse Triticeae species and the main PMM isozymes in bread wheat tissues. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:214 pubmed publisher..The knowledge obtained here improves the understanding of PMM evolution in eukaryotic organisms, and may facilitate further investigations of PMM function in the temperature adaptability of bread wheat. ..
- Wang G, Wei X, Fan R, Zhou H, Wang X, Yu C, et al. Molecular analysis of common wheat genes encoding three types of cytosolic heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90): functional involvement of cytosolic Hsp90s in the control of wheat seedling growth and disease resistance. New Phytol. 2011;191:418-31 pubmed publisher
- Mao X, Zhang H, Qian X, Li A, Zhao G, Jing R. TaNAC2, a NAC-type wheat transcription factor conferring enhanced multiple abiotic stress tolerances in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:2933-46 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TaNAC2 has potential for utilization in transgenic breeding to improve abiotic stress tolerances in crops...
- Liu W, Hou Y, Wu W, Niu M, Wang W. Pretreatment of wheat straw using SO2 dissolved in hot water. Bioresour Technol. 2012;124:306-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, the SO(2)-H(2)O system is an efficient and environmentally friendly way for the conversion of hemicellulose in wheat straw into monosaccharides, such as xylose, glucose and arabinose. ..
- Zhang Z, Xin Z, Larkin P. Molecular characterization of a Thinopyrum intermedium group 2 chromosome (2Ai-2) conferring resistance to barley yellow dwarf virus. Genome. 2001;44:1129-35 pubmed..The study establishes the basis for selecting translocation lines with small segments of the 2Ai-2 chromosome and localizing the BYDV resistance gene when introgressed into a wheat background...
- Yao Y, Ni Z, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Ding Y, Han Z, et al. Identification of differentially expressed genes in leaf and root between wheat hybrid and its parental inbreds using PCR-based cDNA subtraction. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;58:367-84 pubmed publisher..2%). And it was concluded that the genes differentially expressed between hybrids and their parents involved in diverse physiological process pathway, which might be responsible for the observed heterosis...
- Chen X, Liang Y, Hua J, Tao L, Qin W, Chen S. Overexpression of bacterial ethylene-forming enzyme gene in Trichoderma reesei enhanced the production of ethylene. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:96-106 pubmed..Transformant C30-3 with pgk I promoter had the highest ethylene production (4,012 nl h(-1) l(-1)). This indicates that agricultural wastes could be used to produce ethylene in recombinant filamentous fungus T. reesei. ..
- Pan C, Li Q, Lu Y, Zhang J, Yang X, Li X, et al. Chromosomal localization of genes conferring desirable agronomic traits from Agropyron cristatum chromosome 1P. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175265 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the novel 1P addition and substitution lines will be used as important genetic materials to widen the genetic resources of wheat...
- Liu W, Nie H, Wang S, Li X, He Z, Han C, et al. Mapping a resistance gene in wheat cultivar Yangfu 9311 to yellow mosaic virus, using microsatellite markers. Theor Appl Genet. 2005;111:651-7 pubmed