Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on synaptic transmission in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: synaptic transmission
- Wei M, Zhang J, Jia M, Yang C, Pan Y, Li S, et al. ?/?-Hydrolase domain-containing 6 (ABHD6) negatively regulates the surface delivery and synaptic function of AMPA receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2695-704 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings reveal a novel and unexpected mechanism governing AMPAR trafficking at synapses through ABHD6. ..
- Yu J, Qian H, Wang J. Upregulation of transmitter release probability improves a conversion of synaptic analogue signals into neuronal digital spikes. Mol Brain. 2012;5:26 pubmed publisher..e., a functional compatibility between presynaptic and postsynaptic partners...
- Zhang F, Liu B, Lei Z, Wang J. mGluR?,5 activation improves network asynchrony and GABAergic synapse attenuation in the amygdala: implication for anxiety-like behavior in DBA/2 mice. Mol Brain. 2012;5:20 pubmed publisher..The activity asynchrony of amygdala neurons and the weakness of GABA synaptic transmission are associated with anxiety-like behavior. ..
- Bo T, Jiang Y, Cao H, Wang J, Wu X. Long-term effects of seizures in neonatal rats on spatial learning ability and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor expression in the brain. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;152:137-42 pubmed..The results suggest that abnormal NR expression might play an important role in long-term spatial learning ability deficit induced by recurrent seizures in early life. ..
- Wang D, Zhang L, Zhao G, Wahlström G, Heino T, Chen J, et al. Drosophila twinfilin is required for cell migration and synaptic endocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1546-56 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal that twinfilin promotes actin turnover in multiple cellular processes that are highly dependent on actin dynamics. ..
- Zhao H, Zheng X, Yuan X, Wang L, Wang X, Zhong Y, et al. ben Functions with scamp during synaptic transmission and long-term memory formation in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2009;29:414-24 pubmed publisher..We also provide evidence that BEN interacts genetically in both synaptic transmission and LTM formation with SCAMP, a synaptic protein known to be involved in vesicle recycling. ..
- Liu W, Guo F, Lu B, Guo A. amnesiac regulates sleep onset and maintenance in Drosophila melanogaster. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;372:798-803 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, age-related sleep fragmentation and initiation were inhibited in amn(X8) mutant flies. These data suggest that amn is required in initiation and maintenance of sleep. ..
- Zheng Q, Fang D, Liu M, Cai J, Wan Y, Han J, et al. Suppression of KCNQ/M (Kv7) potassium channels in dorsal root ganglion neurons contributes to the development of bone cancer pain in a rat model. Pain. 2013;154:434-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, suppression of KCNQ/M channels in primary DRG neurons plays a crucial role in the development of bone cancer pain...
- Xue J, Liu Z, Hu J, Chen H, Zhang J, Chen N. Ginsenoside Rb1 promotes neurotransmitter release by modulating phosphorylation of synapsins through a cAMP-dependent protein kinase pathway. Brain Res. 2006;1106:91-98 pubmed publisher..In summary, Rb1 promotes neurotransmitter release by increasing the phosphorylation of synapsins through the PKA pathway, whereas the similar effects observed with Rg1 are independent of the phosphorylation of synapsins. ..
- Liu K, Lei R, Li Q, Wang X, Wu Q, An P, et al. Transferrin Receptor Controls AMPA Receptor Trafficking Efficiency and Synaptic Plasticity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21019 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study reveals that TFR functions as a novel regulator to control AMPA trafficking efficiency and synaptic plasticity. ..
- Wang C, Wang Y, Hu M, Chai Z, Wu Q, Huang R, et al. Synaptotagmin-11 inhibits clathrin-mediated and bulk endocytosis. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:47-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that Syt11 functions to ensure precision in vesicle retrieval, mainly by limiting the sites of membrane invagination at the early stage of endocytosis. ..
- Gu X, Yu L. The colocalization of CGRP receptor and AMPA receptor in the spinal dorsal horn neuron of rat: a morphological and electrophysiological study. Neurosci Lett. 2007;414:237-41 pubmed
- Ji W, Zhang X, Hu H, Chen J, Gao Y, Liang S, et al. Expression and purification of Huwentoxin-I in baculovirus system. Protein Expr Purif. 2005;41:454-8 pubmed..These results indicate that the baculovirus expression system and native purification strategy are viable ways to produce active HWTX-I. ..
- Zhang J, Li X, Jevince A, Guan L, Wang J, Hall D, et al. Neuronal target identification requires AHA-1-mediated fine-tuning of Wnt signaling in C. elegans. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003618 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a Wnt-dependent fine-tuning mechanism that is crucial for mutual target cell identification during the formation of gap junction connections. ..
- Zhao X, Liu M, Yuan D, Wang Y, He Y, Wang D, et al. Nociception-induced spatial and temporal plasticity of synaptic connection and function in the hippocampal formation of rats: a multi-electrode array recording. Mol Pain. 2009;5:55 pubmed publisher..In addition, the multi-synaptic model established in the present investigation may open a new avenue for future studies of pain-related brain dysfunctions at the higher level of the neuromatrix. ..
- Guan L, Wang B, Chen Y, Yang L, Li J, Qian Q, et al. A high-density single-nucleotide polymorphism screen of 23 candidate genes in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: suggesting multiple susceptibility genes among Chinese Han population. Mol Psychiatry. 2009;14:546-54 pubmed publisher..05. This study has identified several genes as promising susceptibility loci for ADHD. Replication efforts and further investigations remain necessary to provide definite proof of association. ..
- Liu Z, Huang Y, Zhang Y, Chen D, Zhang Y. Drosophila Acyl-CoA synthetase long-chain family member 4 regulates axonal transport of synaptic vesicles and is required for synaptic development and transmission. J Neurosci. 2011;31:2052-63 pubmed publisher..Defects in axonal transport and synaptic function may account, at least in part, for the pathogenesis of ACSL4-related mental retardation. ..
- Xue W, Hu J, Yuan Y, Sun J, Li B, Zhang D, et al. Polygalasaponin XXXII from Polygala tenuifolia root improves hippocampal-dependent learning and memory. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:1211-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the cognition-enhancing activity and underlying mechanisms of a triterpenoid saponin (polygalasaponin XXXII, PGS32) isolated from the roots of Polygala tenuifolia Willd...