Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Shaanxi, China
Locale: Shaanxi, China
Topic: signal transduction
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Sun X, Qin S, Fan C, Xu C, Du N, Ren H. Let-7: a regulator of the ER? signaling pathway in human breast tumors and breast cancer stem cells. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:2079-87 pubmed publisher..The suppression of ER? by the upregulation of let-7 expression may be a promising strategy for the inhibition of the ER signaling pathway and for the elimination of cancer stem cells, thus aiding in the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Wang L, Wang Y, Zhao L, Li G, Deng X. Angiotensin II upregulates K(Ca)3.1 channels and stimulates cell proliferation in rat cardiac fibroblasts. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;85:1486-94 pubmed publisher..1 channels via interacting with the AT?R and activating AP-1 complex through ERK1/2, p38-MAPK and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways in cultured adult rat cardiac fibroblasts. ..
- Zhang Y, Wei L, Sun D, Cao F, Gao H, Zhao L, et al. Tanshinone IIA pretreatment protects myocardium against ischaemia/reperfusion injury through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt-dependent pathway in diabetic rats. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2010;12:316-22 pubmed publisher..This was accompanied with decreased cardiac apoptosis and inflammation. The possible mechanism responsible for the effects of TSN is associated with the PI3K/Akt-dependent pathway. ..
- Zheng X, Gai X, Han S, Moser C, Hu C, Shire A, et al. The human sulfatase 2 inhibitor 2,4-disulfonylphenyl-tert-butylnitrone (OKN-007) has an antitumor effect in hepatocellular carcinoma mediated via suppression of TGFB1/SMAD2 and Hedgehog/GLI1 signaling. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2013;52:225-36 pubmed publisher..We conclude that OKN-007 or more potent derivatives may be promising agents for the treatment of HCC. ..
- Wang X, Zhang M, Wang Y, Gao Y, Li R, Wang G, et al. The plasma membrane NADPH oxidase OsRbohA plays a crucial role in developmental regulation and drought-stress response in rice. Physiol Plant. 2016;156:421-43 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that OsRbohA-mediated processes are governed by complex signaling pathways that function during the developmental regulation and drought-stress response in rice. ..
- Zhao D, Sui Y, Zheng X. MiR-331-3p inhibits proliferation and promotes apoptosis by targeting HER2 through the PI3K/Akt and ERK1/2 pathways in colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:1075-82 pubmed publisher..Overall, we identified that miRâ€‘331-3p is underexpressed in CRC and contributes to cell growth regulation by targeting HER2 through activating the PI3K/Akt and ERK1/2 signaling pathways. ..
- He Q, Sun C, Lei W, Ma J. SOCS1 Regulates Apoptosis and Inflammation by Inhibiting IL-4 Signaling in IL-1?-Stimulated Human Osteoarthritic Chondrocytes. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:4601959 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a potential therapeutic target for the clinical treatment of OA. ..
- Wu J, Gong J, Geng J, Song Y. Deoxycholic acid induces the overexpression of intestinal mucin, MUC2, via NF-kB signaling pathway in human esophageal adenocarcinoma cells. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:333 pubmed publisher..Deoxycholic acid induced MUC2 overexpression in human esophageal adenocarcinoma cells by activation of Nuclear factor-kappaB transcription through a process involving PKC-dependent but not PKA, independent of activation of MAP kinase. ..
- Dong H, Zhang Y, Su B, Zhu Z, Gu Q, Sang H, et al. Limb remote ischemic preconditioning protects the spinal cord from ischemia-reperfusion injury: a newly identified nonneuronal but reactive oxygen species-dependent pathway. Anesthesiology. 2010;112:881-91 pubmed publisher..An initial oxidative stress acts as a trigger to upregulate antioxidant enzyme activity, rather than the neural pathway, and plays an important role in the formation of the tolerance against spinal cord ischemia by limb RIPC. ..
- Yu Y, Wang R, Nan Y, Zhang L, Zhang Y. Induction of STAT1 phosphorylation at serine 727 and expression of proinflammatory cytokines by porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61967 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that PRRSV VR-2385 induces pSTAT1-S727 and the expression of proinflammatory cytokines, which contributes to the insight of PRRSV pathogenesis. ..
- Kim B, Gao M, Kang S, Choi Y, Lee J, Kim J, et al. Mechanical compression induces VEGFA overexpression in breast cancer via DNMT3A-dependent miR-9 downregulation. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2646 pubmed publisher..Demethylation and decompression could reverse compression-induced miR-9 downregulation and following overexpression of miR-9 target genes and VEGFA. ..
- Li Y, Zhang X, Hu S, Liu H, Xu J. PKA activity is essential for relieving the suppression of hyphal growth and appressorium formation by MoSfl1 in Magnaporthe oryzae. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006954 pubmed publisher..oryzae, and phosphorylation of MoSfl1 by PKA relieves its interaction with the Cyc8-Tup1 co-repressor and suppression of genes important for hyphal growth. ..
- Chen B, Wei J, Wang W, Cui G, Zhao Y, Zhu X, et al. Identification of signaling pathways involved in aberrant production of adipokines in adipocytes undergoing oxidative stress. Arch Med Res. 2009;40:241-8 pubmed publisher..ERK1/2 participates not in H(2)O(2)-induced decrease of adiponectin expression, but in the increase of PAI-1 and IL-6. ..
- Lu H, Zhang L, Wang S, Wang W, Zhao B. The study of the Oxytropis kansuensis-induced apoptotic pathway in the cerebrum of SD rats. BMC Vet Res. 2013;9:217 pubmed publisher..01). Our data suggest that SW induces apoptosis in cells of the brain through death receptor and mitochondria-mediated, caspase-dependent apoptotic pathways in the brain tissue of SD rats. ..
- Ge G, Zhang W, Niu L, Yan Y, Ren Y, Zou Y. miR-215 functions as a tumor suppressor in epithelial ovarian cancer through regulation of the X-chromosome-linked inhibitor of apoptosis. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:1816-22 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate that miR-215/XIAP pathway may serve as novel therapeutic targets and prognostic markers in patients with EOC. ..
- Liu T, Jin H, Sun Q, Xu J, Hu H. Neuroprotective effects of emodin in rat cortical neurons against beta-amyloid-induced neurotoxicity. Brain Res. 2010;1347:149-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that emodin is an effective neuroprotective drug and is a viable candidate for treating AD. ..
- Li C, Yan J, Li Y, Zhang Z, Wang Q, Liang Y. Silencing the SpMPK1, SpMPK2, and SpMPK3 genes in tomato reduces abscisic acid-mediated drought tolerance. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:21983-96 pubmed publisher..Hence, SpMPK1, SpMPK2, and SpMPK3 may play crucial roles in enhancing tomato plants' drought tolerance by influencing stomatal activity and H2O2 production via the ABA-H2O2 pathway. ..
- Huyan T, Li Q, Yang H, Jin M, Zhang M, Ye L, et al. Protective effect of polysaccharides on simulated microgravity-induced functional inhibition of human NK cells. Carbohydr Polym. 2014;101:819-27 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that polysaccharides may be used as immune regulators to promote the health of the public and astronauts during space missions. ..
- Zhang M, Tang J, Li Y, Xie Y, Shan H, Chen M, et al. Curcumin attenuates skeletal muscle mitochondrial impairment in COPD rats: PGC-1?/SIRT3 pathway involved. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;277:168-175 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that curcumin can attenuate skeletal muscle mitochondrial impairment in COPD rats possibly by the up-regulation of PGC-1?/SIRT3 signaling pathway. ..
- Li G, Zhou X, Xu J. Genetic control of infection-related development in Magnaporthe oryzae. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2012;15:678-84 pubmed publisher..Recent advances in studies with cytoskeleton organization, effector biology, and ROS signaling in M. oryzae and future directions also are discussed. ..
- Du N, Feng J, Hu L, Sun X, Sun H, Zhao Y, et al. Angiotensin II receptor type 1 blockers suppress the cell proliferation effects of angiotensin II in breast cancer cells by inhibiting AT1R signaling. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1893-903 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ARBs may be useful as a novel preventive and therapeutic strategy for treating breast cancer. ..
- Li M, Liu Y, Jin F, Sun X, Li Z, Liu Y, et al. Endothelin-1 induces hypoxia inducible factor 1? expression in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3888-93 pubmed publisher..Cells lacking RACK1 exhibited significant elevation of HIF1? protein level. Taken together, our study suggests that ET-1 suppressed proteasome-dependent HIF1? degradation by calcineurin-dependent RACK1 de-phosphorylation. ..
- Chang Y, Li S, Guo W, Yang Y, Zhang W, Zhang Q, et al. Simvastatin Protects Human Melanocytes from H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress by Activating Nrf2. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1286-1296 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that simvastatin protects human melanocytes from H2O2-induced oxidative stress by activating Nrf2, thus supporting simvastatin as a potential therapeutic agent for vitiligo. ..
- Zhang Y, Cardell L, Edvinsson L, Xu C. MAPK/NF-?B-dependent upregulation of kinin receptors mediates airway hyperreactivity: a new perspective for the treatment. Pharmacol Res. 2013;71:9-18 pubmed publisher..This suggests that MAPK- and NF-?B-dependent kinin receptor upregulation can provide a novel option for treatment of AHR in asthmatic as well as in other inflammatory airway diseases. ..
- Liu Y, Chen X, Xu C, Cao L, Lin J, Chen G, et al. Tail vein injection of mmLDL upregulates mouse mesenteric artery ETB receptors via activation of the ERK1/2 pathway. Vascul Pharmacol. 2017;96-98:33-39 pubmed publisher..Understanding the effect of mmLDL on ETB receptors and its mechanism can provide ideas for cardiovascular disease prevention and treatment. ..
- Shi F, Wang Y, Zhao T, Zhang S, Du T, Yang C, et al. Effects of simulated microgravity on human umbilical vein endothelial cell angiogenesis and role of the PI3K-Akt-eNOS signal pathway. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40365 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study indicates that 24 h of exposure to simulated microgravity promote angiogenesis among HUVEC-C and that this process is mediated through the PI3K-Akt-eNOS signal pathway. ..
- Chen H, Li Y, Du J, Cao Y, Li X. Increased JNK1 activity contributes to the upregulation of ApoD in the apocrine secretory gland cells from axillary osmidrosis. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;354:311-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study here revealed that increased JNK1 activation in the apocrine cells from axillary osmidrosis contributes to the increased ApoD expression, which in turn involved in the process of axillary osmidrosis. ..
- Wang W, Li F, Wang K, Cheng B, Guo X. PAPSS2 promotes alkaline phosphates activity and mineralization of osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cells by crosstalk and Smads signal pathways. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43475 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PAPSS2 might regulate osteoblast ALP activity and cell mineralization, probably through Smads signal pathways. ..
- Li L, Hao X, Qin J, Tang W, He F, Smith A, et al. Antibody against CD44s inhibits pancreatic tumor initiation and postradiation recurrence in mice. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1108-18 pubmed publisher..Anti-CD44s eliminated bulk tumor cells as well as TICs from the tumors. Strategies to target CD44s cab be developed to block pancreatic tumor formation and post-radiotherapy recurrence in patients. ..
- Li L, Gao Y, Zhang L, He D. Concomitant activation of the JAK/STAT3 and ERK1/2 signaling is involved in leptin-mediated proliferation of renal cell carcinoma Caki-2 cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2008;7:1787-92 pubmed
- Zhao L, Su X, Wang Y, Li G, Deng X. KCa3.1 channels mediate the increase of cell migration and proliferation by advanced glycation endproducts in cultured rat vascular smooth muscle cells. Lab Invest. 2013;93:159-67 pubmed publisher..1 channels in rat VMSCs, and the intracellular signals ERK1/2, P38-MAPK and PI3K are involved in the regulation of K(Ca)3.1 channel expression. ..
- Zhuo X, Wu Y, Ni Y, Liu J, Gong M, Wang X, et al. Isoproterenol instigates cardiomyocyte apoptosis and heart failure via AMPK inactivation-mediated endoplasmic reticulum stress. Apoptosis. 2013;18:800-10 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ISO, via AMPK inactivation, causes aberrant ER stress, cardiomyocyte injury, BNP release, apoptosis, and hence heart failure in vivo, all of which are inhibited by AMPK activation. ..
- Zhang M, Wei J, Shan H, Wang H, Zhu Y, Xue J, et al. Calreticulin-STAT3 signaling pathway modulates mitochondrial function in a rat model of furazolidone-induced dilated cardiomyopathy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66779 pubmed publisher..A rat model of DCM induced by furazolidone is successfully established. The calreticulin-STAT3 signaling pathway is involved in cardiac mitochondrial injury and the progress of furazolidone induced DCM. ..
- Duan J, Yin Y, Cui J, Yan J, Zhu Y, Guan Y, et al. Chikusetsu Saponin IVa Ameliorates Cerebral Ischemia Reperfusion Injury in Diabetic Mice via Adiponectin-Mediated AMPK/GSK-3Î² Pathway In Vivo and In Vitro. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:728-743 pubmed publisher..Thus, CHS protected brain I/R in diabetes through AMPK-mediated phosphorylation of GSK-3Î² downstream of APN-LKB1 pathway. ..
- Sun H, Kawashima N, Xu J, Takahashi S, Suda H. Expression of Notch signalling-related genes in normal and differentiating rat dental pulp cells. Aust Endod J. 2010;36:54-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Hey1 may be a negative regulator in odontoblast differentiation. ..
- Qi Y, Chen L, Zhang L, Liu W, Chen X, Yang X. Crocin prevents retinal ischaemia/reperfusion injury-induced apoptosis in retinal ganglion cells through the PI3K/AKT signalling pathway. Exp Eye Res. 2013;107:44-51 pubmed publisher..Intravitreal injection of LY294002 blocked the neuroprotective effect of crocin on IR-induced RGC death. In conclusion, crocin prevents retinal IR-induced apoptosis of RGCs by activating the PI3K/AKT signalling pathway. ..
- Shan T, Ma J, Ma Q, Guo K, Guo J, Li X, et al. ?2-AR-HIF-1?: a novel regulatory axis for stress-induced pancreatic tumor growth and angiogenesis. Curr Mol Med. 2013;13:1023-34 pubmed..This study may have a therapeutic or preventive potential for the patients with pancreatic cancer who are especially prone to psychosocial stress challenges. ..
- Liang D, Han D, Fan W, Zhang R, Qiao H, Fan M, et al. Therapeutic efficacy of apelin on transplanted mesenchymal stem cells in hindlimb ischemic mice via regulation of autophagy. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21914 pubmed publisher..Our data support the promises of apelin as a novel strategy to improve MSC-based therapy for PAD, possibly through autophagy modulation in MSCs. ..
- Zheng D, Zhang S, Zhou X, Wang C, Xiang P, Zheng Q, et al. The FgHOG1 pathway regulates hyphal growth, stress responses, and plant infection in Fusarium graminearum. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49495 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate that the FgSsk2-FgPbs2-FgHog1 MAPK cascade is important for regulating hyphal growth, branching, plant infection, and hyperosmotic and general stress responses in F. graminearum. ..
- Sun Y, Guan Z, Liang L, Cheng Y, Zhou J, Li J, et al. HIF-1Î±/MDR1 pathway confers chemoresistance to cisplatin in bladder cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:1549-56 pubmed publisher..Finally, IHC staining of human BCa tissue supported our conclusion that the expression of HIF-1Î± and MDR1 was higher in chemoresistant tissue vs. chemosensitive tissue. Our results provided a new view of HIF-1Î± in chemotherapy. ..
- Wang W, Lin Q, Lin R, Zhang J, Ren F, Zhang J, et al. PPAR? agonist fenofibrate attenuates TNF-?-induced CD40 expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via the SIRT1-dependent signaling pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:1523-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that PPAR? agonist fenofibrate inhibits TNF-?-induced CD40 expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via the SIRT1-dependent signaling pathway...
- Tian R, Yang W, Xue Q, Gao L, Huo J, Ren D, et al. Rutin ameliorates diabetic neuropathy by lowering plasma glucose and decreasing oxidative stress via Nrf2 signaling pathway in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;771:84-92 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, rutin produces significant protection in diabetic neuropathy, which makes it an attractive candidate for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy. ..
- Zhang B, Fu Y, Huang C, Zheng C, Wu Z, Zhang W, et al. New strategy for drug discovery by large-scale association analysis of molecular networks of different species. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21872 pubmed publisher..The current method integrates disparate evolutionary species into chemico-biologically coherent circuits, suggesting a new cross-species omics analysis strategy for rational drug development. ..
- Yan F, Hui Y, Li Y, Guo C, Meng H. Epidermal growth factor receptor in cultured human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Ophthalmologica. 2007;221:244-50 pubmed..EGF could induce EGF-EGFR-MAPK signal transduction pathway in human RPE cells in a concentration-dependent manner in vitro, which may play a key role in the activation of human RPE cell proliferation and migration. ..
- Liu W, Zhou X, Li G, Li L, Kong L, Wang C, et al. Multiple plant surface signals are sensed by different mechanisms in the rice blast fungus for appressorium formation. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001261 pubmed publisher..While MoMsb2 is critical for sensing surface hydrophobicity and cutin monomers, MoSho1 may play a more important role in recognizing rice leaf waxes. ..
- Li Y, Fan L, Hu J, Zhang L, Liao L, Liu S, et al. MiR-26a Rescues Bone Regeneration Deficiency of Mesenchymal Stem Cells Derived From Osteoporotic Mice. Mol Ther. 2015;23:1349-1357 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that miR-26a may be a promising therapeutic candidate to enhance bone formation in treatment of osteoporosis and to promote bone regeneration in osteoporotic fracture healing. ..
- Liu L, Sun Q, Bao R, Roth M, Zhong B, Lan X, et al. Specific regulation of PRMT1 expression by PIAS1 and RKIP in BEAS-2B epithelia cells and HFL-1 fibroblasts in lung inflammation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21810 pubmed publisher..Thus PRMT1 expression in structural lung cells in asthma can be considered as potential target for new therapeutic intervention. ..
- Miao Q, Wang S, Miao S, Wang J, Xie Y, Yang Q. Cardioprotective effect of polydatin against ischemia/reperfusion injury: roles of protein kinase C and mito K(ATP) activation. Phytomedicine. 2011;19:8-12 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that PPC exerts cardioprotective effect by the activation of PKC-K(ATP)-dependent signaling and the direct anti-oxidative stress mechanisms. ..
- Tu K, Zheng X, Zhou Z, Li C, Zhang J, Gao J, et al. Recombinant human adenovirus-p53 injection induced apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines mediated by p53-Fbxw7 pathway, which controls c-Myc and cyclin E. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68574 pubmed publisher..Addressing this pathway, we identified that rAd-p53 could be a potential therapeutic agent for HCC. ..
- Zhang Y, Ma Q, Liu T, Guan G, Zhang K, Chen J, et al. Interleukin-6 suppression reduces tumour self-seeding by circulating tumour cells in a human osteosarcoma nude mouse model. Oncotarget. 2016;7:446-58 pubmed publisher..Collectively, IL-6 promotes tumour self-seeding by CTCs in a nude mouse model. This finding may provide a novel strategy for future therapeutic interventions to prevent osteosarcoma progression and recurrence. ..
- Cai W, Yang X, Han S, Guo H, Zheng Z, Wang H, et al. Notch1 Pathway Protects against Burn-Induced Myocardial Injury by Repressing Reactive Oxygen Species Production through JAK2/STAT3 Signaling. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:5638943 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Notch signaling protects against burn-induced myocardial injury through JAK2/STAT3 signaling, which activates the expression of MnSOD and leads to decreased ROS levels. ..
- Han D, Huang W, Li X, Gao L, Su T, Li X, et al. Melatonin facilitates adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells to repair the murine infarcted heart via the SIRT1 signaling pathway. J Pineal Res. 2016;60:178-92 pubmed publisher..Our data support the promise of melatonin as a novel strategy to improve MSC-based therapy for IHD, possibly through SIRT1 signaling evocation. ..
- Zhu Q, Zhang M, Shi M, Liu Y, Zhao Q, Wang W, et al. Human B cells have an active phagocytic capability and undergo immune activation upon phagocytosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Immunobiology. 2016;221:558-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results provide the first evidence that human B cells can phagocytose Mtb in an active manner that is independent of bacterial viability, and phagocytosed Mtb can in turn regulate the immune activation of B cells. ..
- Zhou S, Ye W, Shao Q, Zhang M, Liang J. Nrf2 is a potential therapeutic target in radioresistance in human cancer. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2013;88:706-15 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Nrf2 might be a potential therapeutic target in cancer radiation resistance or a promising radioprotector for normal organs during radiation therapy in the future. ..
- Fan Y, Jiang Y, Liu J, Kang Y, Li R, Wang J. The anti-tumor activity and mechanism of alkaloids from Aconitum szechenyianum Gay. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:380-387 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that ASA played the anti-tumor role through the activation of p38 MAPK-, death receptor-, mitochondria- and caspase-dependent apoptotic pathways. ..
- Xiao L, He H, Ma L, Da M, Cheng S, Duan Y, et al. Effects of miR-29a and miR-101a Expression on Myocardial Interstitial Collagen Generation After Aerobic Exercise in Myocardial-infarcted Rats. Arch Med Res. 2017;48:27-34 pubmed publisher..We believe that controlled intermittent aerobic exercise is beneficial to the healing and discovery of damaged cardiac tissues and their function after MI. ..
- Jing H, Sun W, Fan J, Zhang Y, Yang J, Jia J, et al. Shikonin induces apoptosis of HaCaT cells via the mitochondrial, Erk and Akt pathways. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:3009-16 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present study suggested that shikonin may have potential as a component of therapeutic strategies for the treatment of skin diseases. ..
- Li W, Dong Y, Zhang B, Kang Y, Yang X, Wang H. PEBP4 silencing inhibits hypoxia-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in prostate cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;81:1-6 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovered a novel role for PEBP4 in prostate cancer progression, which might support the potential for PEBP4 targeting in prostate cancer therapy. ..
- Zhou J, Xu X, Liu J, Lin Y, Gao G. Angiotensin II receptors subtypes mediate diverse gene expression profile in adult hypertrophic cardiomyocytes. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;34:1191-8 pubmed..Angiotensin II enhances the synthesis and secretion of TNF-alpha and IL-1beta in hypertrophic CM, which is mediated by AT(2), but not AT(1), receptors. ..
- Zhang Z, Li W, Sun D, Zhao L, Zhang R, Wang Y, et al. Toll-like receptor 4 signaling in dysfunction of cardiac microvascular endothelial cells under hypoxia/reoxygenation. Inflamm Res. 2011;60:37-45 pubmed publisher..TLR4 and its signaling components can be activated by LPS and H/R in CMECs. Blocking the TLR4 signal pathway before H/R injury attenuates CMEC dysfunction. ..
- Liu J, Wang Y, Pan Q, Su Y, Zhang Z, Han J, et al. Wnt/?-catenin pathway forms a negative feedback loop during TGF-?1 induced human normal skin fibroblast-to-myofibroblast transition. J Dermatol Sci. 2012;65:38-49 pubmed publisher..Specifically in normal skin fibroblasts, ?-catenin might be involved in the myofibroblasts transition and negatively regulate the TGF-?1-induced myofibroblast transition. ..
- Jie L, Yong Xiao C, Zu Yi Y, Cang Bao X. Minimally modified LDL upregulates endothelin type B receptors in rat coronary artery via ERK1/2 MAPK and NF-?B pathways. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1821:582-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, mmLDL upregulates the ET(B) receptors in rat coronary arterial smooth muscle cells, mainly via activation of the ERK1/2 MAPK and the downstream transcriptional factor NF-?B. ..
- Liu W, Liu Y, Guo T, Hu C, Luo H, Zhang L, et al. TCF3, a novel positive regulator of osteogenesis, plays a crucial role in miR-17 modulating the diverse effect of canonical Wnt signaling in different microenvironments. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e539 pubmed publisher..This understanding of microRNAs regulating signaling pathways in different microenvironments may pave the way for fine-tuning the process of osteogenesis in bone-related disorders. ..
- Zheng X, Gai X, Ding F, Lu Z, Tu K, Yao Y, et al. Histone acetyltransferase PCAF up-regulated cell apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma via acetylating histone H4 and inactivating AKT signaling. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:96 pubmed publisher..Finally, the in vivo experiment confirmed the findings mentioned-above. These data identified PCAF promotes cell apoptosis and functions as a HCC repressor through acetylating histone H4 and inactivating AKT signaling. ..
- Gao Q, Liu W, Cai J, Li M, Gao Y, Lin W, et al. EphB2 promotes cervical cancer progression by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Hum Pathol. 2014;45:372-81 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that EphB2 plays an important role in cervical cancer progression by orchestrating an EMT program through R-Ras activation. ..
- Kong R, Feng J, Ma Y, Zhou B, Li S, Zhang W, et al. Silencing NACK by siRNA inhibits tumorigenesis in non-small cell lung cancer via targeting Notch1 signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:2306-14 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that interference of NACK inhibits NSCLC progression through Notch1 signaling pathway and targeting NACK may be an effective approach for NSCLC therapy. ..
- Hou M, Liu X, Cao J, Chen B. SEPT7 overexpression inhibits glioma cell migration by targeting the actin cytoskeleton pathway. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:2003-10 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SEPT7 is involved in glioma cell migration with the assistance of cofilin phosphoâ€‘mediated cytoskeleton locomotion. ..
- Li Y, Fan L, Niu Y, Mian W, Zhang F, Xie M, et al. An apple oligogalactan enhances the growth inhibitory effect of 5-fluorouracil on colorectal cancer. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;804:13-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the combinatorial therapy using AOG and 5-FU is a promising strategy for the treatment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Wu W, Zhang J, Zhao C, Sun Y, Pang W, Yang G. CTRP6 Regulates Porcine Adipocyte Proliferation and Differentiation by the AdipoR1/MAPK Signaling Pathway. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:5512-5522 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that CTRP6 played an essentially regulatory role in fat development. ..
- Bai L, Chang H, Cheng J, Chu G, Leung P, Yang G. Lithium Chloride Increases COX-2 Expression and PGE2 Production in a Human Granulosa-Lutein SVOG Cell Line Via a GSK-3?/?-Catenin Signaling Pathway. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2813-2825 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that LiCl upregulates the expression of COX-2 and the subsequent production of PGE2 through the canonical GSK-3?/?-catenin signaling pathway in hGL cells. ..
- Yin T, Ma X, Zhao L, Cheng K, Wang H. Angiotensin II promotes NO production, inhibits apoptosis and enhances adhesion potential of bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells. Cell Res. 2008;18:792-9 pubmed publisher..Additionally, AngII-induced NO synthesis through eNOS in EPCs regulates apoptosis and adhesion, and the PI3-kinase/Akt pathway has an essential role in AngII-induced antiapoptosis signaling. ..
- Li H, Luo X, Liu R, Yang Y, Yang G. Roles of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in adipogenic differentiation potential of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;291:116-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study indicated that Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway inhibited the adipogenic differentiation potential and alter the cell fate from adipocytes to osteoblasts. ..
- Xing B, Meng X, Wei S, Li S. Influence of dopamine D3 receptor knockout on age-related decline of spatial memory. Neurosci Lett. 2010;481:149-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that blockade of D(3) receptors ameliorates age-related memory decline and that D(3) receptor-regulated CREB signaling in the hippocampus may be involved in these age-associated alterations. ..
- Xue Y, Li N, Yang J, Chen Y, Yang L, Liu W. Phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase signaling pathway is essential for Rac1-induced hypoxia-inducible factor-1(alpha) and vascular endothelial growth factor expression. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;300:H2169-76 pubmed publisher..Rac1-mediated inhibition of p53 and VHL could therefore be implicated in the upregulation of HIF-1? expression. ..
- Chen K, Piippo M, Holmstrom M, Nurmi M, Pakula E, Suorsa M, et al. A chloroplast-targeted DnaJ protein AtJ8 is negatively regulated by light and has rapid turnover in darkness. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:1780-3 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that AtJ8 is expressed mainly in darkness, is prone to a rapid turnover but is partially stabilized by the FTSH proteases. ..
- Zhu W, Meng L, Jiang C, He X, Hou W, Xu P, et al. Arthritis is associated with T-cell-induced upregulation of Toll-like receptor 3 on synovial fibroblasts. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:R103 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TLR3 upregulation of FLSs activated by T cells results in articular inflammation. ..
- Li X, Ma G, Ma Q, Li W, Liu J, Han L, et al. Neurotransmitter substance P mediates pancreatic cancer perineural invasion via NK-1R in cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:294-302 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SP plays an important role in the development of pancreatic cancer metastasis and PNI, and blocking the SP/NK-1R signaling system is a novel strategy for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Chen X, Hu C, Wang G, Li L, Kong X, Ding Y, et al. Nuclear factor-?B modulates osteogenesis of periodontal ligament stem cells through competition with ?-catenin signaling in inflammatory microenvironments. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e510 pubmed publisher..Given the molecular mechanisms of NF-?B in osteogenic differentiation governed by inflammation, it can be said that NF-?B helps in improving stem cell-mediated inflammatory bone disease therapy...
- Huang Y, Ding L, Li Z, Dai M, Zhao X, Li W, et al. Transmissible gastroenteritis virus infection induces cell apoptosis via activation of p53 signalling. J Gen Virol. 2013;94:1807-17 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the function of p53 and p38 MAPK in the interaction of TGEV with host cells. ..
- Li Y, Sun Y, Fan L, Zhang F, Meng J, Han J, et al. Paris saponin VII inhibits growth of colorectal cancer cells through Ras signaling pathway. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;88:150-7 pubmed publisher..Both in vitro and in vivo study showed that PSVII inhibited Ras activity. Taken together, PSVII might be a potential therapeutic reagent for colorectal cancer through targeting Ras signaling pathway...
- Jun Y, Xiao T, Guoyong Y, Min F, Haili Y, Chao S. Recombinant globular adiponectin inhibits lipid deposition by p38 MAPK/ATF-2 and TOR/p70 S6 kinase pathways in chicken adipocytes. Biochem Cell Biol. 2014;92:53-60 pubmed publisher..01). In conclusion, the results demonstrate that gAd has an ability to inhibit lipids deposition in chicken adipocyte, which depends on the p38 MAPK/ATF-2 and TOR/p70 S6 Kinase pathways. ..