Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: signal transduction
Publications542 found, 100 shown here
- Tang L, Yang J, Liu W, Tang X, Chen J, Zhao D, et al. Liver sinusoidal endothelial cell lectin, LSECtin, negatively regulates hepatic T-cell immune response. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:1498-508.e1-5 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that LSECtin is a novel regulator of T cells and expose a crucial mechanism for hepatic T-cell immune suppression, perhaps opening up a new approach for treatment of inflammatory diseases in the liver. ..
- Fu Q, Wang L, Jia S, Gao B, Zhou Y, Du J, et al. Screening compounds against HCV based on MAVS/IFN-β pathway in a replicon model. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:5582-7 pubmed..Our data show that this reporter system is a sensitive and quantitative reporter of anti-HCV inhibitors. This system will constitute a new tool to allow the efficient screening of HCV inhibitors. ..
- Zhou F, Li G, Gao Z, Liu J, Liu T, Li W, et al. The TGF-?1/Smad/CTGF pathway and corpus cavernosum fibrous-muscular alterations in rats with streptozotocin-induced diabetes. J Androl. 2012;33:651-9 pubmed publisher..The up-regulation of the transforming growth factor ?1/Smad/connective tissue growth factor signaling pathway might play an important role in diabetes-induced fibrous-muscular structural changes and deterioration of erectile function. ..
- Sheng X, Zhang H, Zhang M, Zhang W, Hu X, Song M, et al. Seasonal changes in immunoreactivity of activin signaling component proteins in wild ground squirrel testes. J Reprod Dev. 2012;58:126-31 pubmed..Furthermore, the distinct localizations and immunoreactivity of ActRIIB and SMADs might suggest different functions of activin in seasonal spermatogenesis...
- Wang J, Hou J, Zhang P, Li D, Zhang C, Liu J. Geniposide reduces inflammatory responses of oxygen-glucose deprived rat microglial cells via inhibition of the TLR4 signaling pathway. Neurochem Res. 2012;37:2235-48 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, geniposide displays a neuroprotective effect on ischemia/reperfusion-injured rats in vivo and inhibits OGD-induced activation of microglial cells by attenuating inflammatory factors and NF-?B activation in vitro. ..
- Zheng Q, Li P, Jin F, Yao C, Zhang G, Zang T, et al. Ursolic acid induces ER stress response to activate ASK1-JNK signaling and induce apoptosis in human bladder cancer T24 cells. Cell Signal. 2013;25:206-13 pubmed publisher..Ursolic acid induces IRE1-TRAF2-ASK1 signaling complex formation to activate pro-apoptotic ASK1-JNK signaling. We suggest that ER stress contributes to ursolic acid's effects against bladder cancer cells. ..
- Zhang X, Weng C, Li Y, Wang X, Jiang C, Li X, et al. Human Bop is a novel BH3-only member of the Bcl-2 protein family. Protein Cell. 2012;3:790-801 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Bop may be a novel BH3-only factor that can engage with the regulatory network of Bcl-2 family members to process intrinsic apoptotic signaling. ..
- Tong J, Liu X, Jia S. [Rbb4l enhances TGF-?/Nodal signaling and promotes zebrafish embryonic dorsolization]. Yi Chuan. 2013;35:477-87 pubmed..Together, our data suggested that Rbb4l acts as an enhancer of Nodal/Smad2/3 signaling during embryogene-sis, and depends on the existence of Nodal signaling. ..
- Li H, Li J, Su Y, Fan Y, Guo X, Li L, et al. A novel 3p22.3 gene CMTM7 represses oncogenic EGFR signaling and inhibits cancer cell growth. Oncogene. 2014;33:3109-18 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest that CMTM7 is a novel 3p22 tumor suppressor regulating G1/S transition and EGFR/AKT signaling during tumor pathogenesis. ..
- Han S, Guo J, Liu Y, Zhang Z, He Q, Li P, et al. Knock out CD44 in reprogrammed liver cancer cell C3A increases CSCs stemness and promotes differentiation. Oncotarget. 2015;6:44452-65 pubmed publisher..Our data indicated nuclear CD44 in liver cancer stem cells is responsible for the poorly differentiated highly malignant tumor cells by maintenance of low stemness state. ..
- Xie H, Li C, Dang Q, Chang L, Li L. Infiltrating mast cells increase prostate cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy resistances via modulation of p38/p53/p21 and ATM signals. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1341-53 pubmed publisher..Targeting this newly identified signaling may help us better suppress PCa chemotherapy and radiotherapy resistance. ..
- An W, Li Y, Xu G, Zhao J, Xiang X, Ding L, et al. Modulation of ghrelin O-acyltransferase expression in pancreatic islets. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;26:707-16 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that GOAT is present in pancreatic islet cells and that insulin inhibits the expression of GOAT via the mediation of mTOR signaling. ..
- Chu Q, Liu L, Wang W. Overexpression of hCLP46 enhances Notch activation and regulates cell proliferation in a cell type-dependent manner. Cell Prolif. 2013;46:254-62 pubmed publisher..In addition, p21 and p27 protein levels were higher when Notch signalling was activated by EDTA treatment. Taken together, hCLP46 enhanced Notch activation and inhibited 293TRex cell proliferation through CDKI signalling. ..
- Huang H, Lu F, Jia S, Meng S, Cao Y, Wang Y, et al. Amotl2 is essential for cell movements in zebrafish embryo and regulates c-Src translocation. Development. 2007;134:979-88 pubmed..These data provide the first evidence that amotl2 is essential for cell movements in vertebrate embryos. ..
- Li L, Zhao X, Wang B. Down-regulation of transforming growth factor beta 1/activin receptor-like kinase 1 pathway gene expression by herbal compound 861 is related to deactivation of LX-2 cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:2894-9 pubmed..Cpd861 can restrain the activation of LX-2 cells by inhibiting the TGF beta 1/ALK1/Smad1 pathway. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang Z, Shen H, Lu Y, Li H, Ren X, et al. TGF-beta1/Smad7 signaling stimulates renal tubulointerstitial fibrosis induced by AAI. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2008;28:413-28 pubmed..Collectively, the present results suggest that AAI may induce cytotoxicity through its conductive epithelial to mesenchymal transition, and TGF-beta1/Smad7 signaling can stimulate renal tubulointerstitial fibrosis induced by AAI. ..
- Zhu Y, Sun Z, Han Q, Liao L, Wang J, Bian C, et al. Human mesenchymal stem cells inhibit cancer cell proliferation by secreting DKK-1. Leukemia. 2009;23:925-33 pubmed publisher..MSCs probably have a general inhibitory effect on their neighboring cells, including malignant cells, en route to achieving tissue homeostasis. ..
- Xing L, Li J, Xu Y, Xu Z, Chong K. Phosphorylation modification of wheat lectin VER2 is associated with vernalization-induced O-GlcNAc signaling and intracellular motility. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4854 pubmed publisher..Our findings open the way to studies of O-GlcNAc protein modification in response to environmental signals in plants. ..
- Jin Y, An X, Ye Z, Cully B, Wu J, Li J. RGS5, a hypoxia-inducible apoptotic stimulator in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23436-43 pubmed publisher..Moreover, RGS5 antagonizes the angiogenic effect of VEGF by increasing the activation of p38 signaling, suggesting that RGS5 could be an important target for apoptotic therapy. ..
- Yu J, Pan L, Qin X, Chen H, Xu Y, Chen Y, et al. MTMR4 attenuates transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) signaling by dephosphorylating R-Smads in endosomes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:8454-62 pubmed publisher..This work therefore suggests that MTMR4 plays an important role in preventing the overactivation of TGFbeta signaling by dephosphorylating activated R-Smads that have been trafficked to early endosomes. ..
- Zhang Y, Du Q, Qiu X, Tian X, Fang W. [Over expression of hyperplasia suppressor gene inhibits the malignant phenotype of breast cancer cell]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2010;39:259-63 pubmed..Besides, inhibition of Ras-dependent signaling pathway may be involved in these processes. ..
- Shen N, Li C, Huan Y, Shen Z. [Advances of the mechanism study on berberine in the control of blood glucose and lipid as well as metabolism disorders]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2010;45:699-704 pubmed..The mechanisms involve many aspects of the diabetes, including regulating the blood cholesterol and triglyceride, lowering blood glucose, ameliorating the insulin resistant state and influencing the function of the pancreatic beta cell...
- Xu W, Yang R, Li M, Xing Z, Yang W, Chen G, et al. Transcriptome phase distribution analysis reveals diurnal regulated biological processes and key pathways in rice flag leaves and seedling leaves. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17613 pubmed publisher..Our comprehensive microarray analysis of seedling and flag leaves of rice provided an overview of the rice diurnal transcriptome and indicated some diurnal regulated biological processes and key functional pathways in rice. ..
- Li X, Li Y, Zhang Y, Wang K, Yuan X, Jin J, et al. A novel bisindolymaleimide derivative (WK234) inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis through the protein kinase Cβ pathway, in chronic myelogenous leukemia K562 cells. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:1312-20 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that WK234 inhibited cell proliferation and induced apoptosis through suppressing the PKCβ signal pathway. WK234 might be a promising candidate for the treatment of CML. ..
- Hao J, Meng L, Xu P, Chen M, Zhao M. p38MAPK, ERK and PI3K signaling pathways are involved in C5a-primed neutrophils for ANCA-mediated activation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38317 pubmed publisher..01, P<0.05, P<0.01 and P<0.01), respectively. Activation of p38MAPK, ERK and PI3K are important steps in the translocation of ANCA antigens and C5a-induced activation of neutrophils by ANCA. ..
- Liu W, Li N. Chicken sine oculis binding protein homolog (sobp), a novel gene that may regulate feather development. Poult Sci. 2012;91:1950-5 pubmed publisher..The expressions of signaling molecules that affect feather development were similar. This study is the first report of sobp expression in chickens. Our results suggest that sobp might regulate distinct feather type. ..
- Kong J, Kong L, Kong J, Ke S, Gao J, Ding X, et al. After insufficient radiofrequency ablation, tumor-associated endothelial cells exhibit enhanced angiogenesis and promote invasiveness of residual hepatocellular carcinoma. J Transl Med. 2012;10:230 pubmed publisher..Increased expression of metastasis-related molecules in TAECs after insufficient RFA may be a potential mechanism for the metastasis of residual HCC. ..
- Ding C, Li L, Su Y, Xiang R, Cong X, Yu H, et al. Adiponectin increases secretion of rat submandibular gland via adiponectin receptors-mediated AMPK signaling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63878 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that adiponectin functions as a promoter of salivary secretion in rat submandibular glands via activation of AdipoRs, AMPK, and paracellular permeability...
- Feng Y, Chai J, Chu W, Duan H, Ma L, Zhang H. [Voltage dependent anion channel 2 involved mitochondrial apoptosis and its possible regulatory signal pathway in hearts of rats with severe scalds]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2013;93:939-43 pubmed..027 vs 0.611 ± 0.070, 0.267 ± 0.018 vs 0.490 ± 0.042, respectively, all P < 0.05). VDAC2 involved mitochondrial apoptosis is activated in myocardium after severe scalds. And it may be regulated by the pathway of PI3K-GSK-HK2. ..
- Ma Y, Wang B, Jiang F, Wang D, Liu H, Yan Y, et al. A feedback loop consisting of microRNA 23a/27a and the ?-like globin suppressors KLF3 and SP1 regulates globin gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3994-4007 pubmed publisher..Hence, a positive feedback loop comprised of KLF3 and miR-23a promotes the expression of ?-like globin genes and the miR-23a?27a?24-2 cluster during erythropoiesis. ..
- Pan N, Bai Y, Yang Y, Hokfelt T, Xu Z. Activation of galanin receptor 2 stimulates large conductance Ca(2+)-dependent K(+) (BK) channels through the IP3 pathway in human embryonic kidney (HEK293) cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:316-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, activation of GalR2 leads to elevation of intracellular Ca(2+) is due to Ca(2+) efflux from ER through IP3R sequentially opening BK channels. ..
- Sun H, Qian Q, Wu K, Luo J, Wang S, Zhang C, et al. Heterotrimeric G proteins regulate nitrogen-use efficiency in rice. Nat Genet. 2014;46:652-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the plant G protein complex regulates nitrogen signaling and modulation of heterotrimeric G protein activity provides a strategy for environmentally sustainable increases in rice grain yield. ..
- Wan Z, Xie G, Wu Y, Liu F, Xin S, You S, et al. Cytokines elevated in patients with HBV-related acute-on-chronic liver failure promote NK cell mediated cytotoxicity through TRAIL. Dig Liver Dis. 2016;48:528-535 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that inflammation cytokines elevated in patients with HBV-ACLF may promote NK cell mediated cytotoxicity through TRAIL pathway. ..
- Li X, Li X, Deng C, Dong H, Zhang Q, Ye Q, et al. Visualization of a neurotropic flavivirus infection in mouse reveals unique viscerotropism controlled by host type I interferon signaling. Theranostics. 2017;7:912-925 pubmed publisher..This in vivo visualization technology described here provides a powerful tool for testing antiviral agents and vaccine candidates for flaviviral infection. ..
- He N, Feng G, Li Y, Xu Y, Xie X, Wang H, et al. Embryonic stem cell preconditioned microenvironment suppresses tumorigenic properties in breast cancer. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:95 pubmed publisher..This study may act as a platform to understand tumor cell plasticity and may offer new therapeutic strategies to inhibit breast cancer progression. ..
- Liu J, Saito K, Maruya Y, Nakamura T, Yamada A, Fukumoto E, et al. Mutant GDF5 enhances ameloblast differentiation via accelerated BMP2-induced Smad1/5/8 phosphorylation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23670 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mutant GDF5 enhances ameloblast differentiation via accelerated BMP2-signalling. ..
- Bai L, Wang Y, Fan J, Chen Y, Ji W, Qu A, et al. Dissecting multiple steps of GLUT4 trafficking and identifying the sites of insulin action. Cell Metab. 2007;5:47-57 pubmed
- Wang X, Yang P, Zhang X, Xu Y, Kuang T, Shen S, et al. Proteomic analysis of the cold stress response in the moss, Physcomitrella patens. Proteomics. 2009;9:4529-38 pubmed publisher..These results point to pathways that are important for the mechanism of cold stress response in P. patens and by extension to the entire plant kingdom. ..
- Li X, Han Y, Xi R. Polycomb group genes Psc and Su(z)2 restrict follicle stem cell self-renewal and extrusion by controlling canonical and noncanonical Wnt signaling. Genes Dev. 2010;24:933-46 pubmed publisher..Given evolutionary conservation of PcG genes from Drosophila to mammals, they could have similar functions in mammalian stem cells and cancer. ..
- Liu R, Zhang L, Lan X, Li L, Zhang T, Sun J, et al. Protection by borneol on cortical neurons against oxygen-glucose deprivation/reperfusion: involvement of anti-oxidation and anti-inflammation through nuclear transcription factor ?appaB signaling pathway. Neuroscience. 2011;176:408-19 pubmed publisher..Among these effects, the inhibition of I?B?-NF-?B and translocation signaling pathway might play a significant role in the neuroprotection of borneol. ..
- Liu S, Ma X, Ai Q, Huang Q, Shi T, Zhu M, et al. NOTCH1 functions as an oncogene by regulating the PTEN/PI3K/AKT pathway in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Urol Oncol. 2013;31:938-48 pubmed publisher..These might provide a basis for the designing new therapeutic strategies for CCRCC. ..
- Zhang Y, Du X, Wang C, Lin D, Ruan X, Feng Y, et al. Reciprocal activation between PLK1 and Stat3 contributes to survival and proliferation of esophageal cancer cells. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:521-530.e3 pubmed publisher..Increased activity of Stat3 and overexpression of PLK1 promote survival and proliferation of ESCC cells in culture and in mice. ..
- Wang H, Zhou W, Zheng Z, Zhang P, Tu B, He Q, et al. The HDAC inhibitor depsipeptide transactivates the p53/p21 pathway by inducing DNA damage. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012;11:146-56 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that depsipeptide plays an anti-neoplastic role by generating ROS to elicit p53/p21 pathway activation. ..
- Huang W, Shang W, Wang H, Wu W, Hou S. Sirt1 overexpression protects murine osteoblasts against TNF-?-induced injury in vitro by suppressing the NF-?B signaling pathway. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012;33:668-74 pubmed publisher..Sirt1 may be a novel therapeutic target for treating rheumatoid arthritis-related bone loss. ..
- Ma L, Tang H, Ren Y, Deng H, Wu J, Wang Z. p38? MAP kinase phosphorylates RCAN1 and regulates its interaction with calcineurin. Sci China Life Sci. 2012;55:559-66 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal the molecular mechanism by which p38? MAP kinase regulates the function of RCAN1/calcineurin through phosphorylation. ..
- Dai C, Zhang B, Liu X, Ma S, Yang Y, Yao Y, et al. Inhibition of PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway enhances temozolomide-induced cytotoxicity in pituitary adenoma cell lines in vitro and xenografted pituitary adenoma in female nude mice. Endocrinology. 2013;154:1247-59 pubmed publisher..Therefore, dual inhibitors of PI3K and mTOR may enhance alkylating agent-mediated cytotoxicity and provide a novel regimen in the treatment of invasive PAs. ..
- Yan W, Zhang L, Yan L, Zhang F, Yin N, Lin H, et al. Transcriptome analysis of skin photoaging in chinese females reveals the involvement of skin homeostasis and metabolic changes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61946 pubmed publisher..Photoaging is cumulative damage to skin, caused by chronic, repeated solar radiation exposure. Its molecular mechanisms are poorly understood at the level of global gene expression...
- Sun B, Hu X, Liu G, Ma B, Xu Y, Yang T, et al. Phosphatase Wip1 negatively regulates neutrophil migration and inflammation. J Immunol. 2014;192:1184-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings identify a previously unrecognized function of Wip1 as an intrinsic negative regulator for neutrophil proinflammatory cytokine production and migration through multiple signal pathways. ..
- Han Y, Zhang C, Yang H, Jiao Y. Cytokinin pathway mediates APETALA1 function in the establishment of determinate floral meristems in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:6840-5 pubmed publisher..A deeper understanding of axil-lateral meristem activity provides crucial information for enhancing yield by engineering crops that produce more elaborated racemes...
- Fan D, He X, Bian Y, Guo Q, Zheng K, Zhao Y, et al. Triptolide Modulates TREM-1 Signal Pathway to Inhibit the Inflammatory Response in Rheumatoid Arthritis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:498 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that TP could modulate the TREM1 signal pathway to inhibit the inflammatory response in RA. ..
- Wang A, Ding X, Demarque M, Liu X, Pan D, Xin H, et al. Ubc9 Is Required for Positive Selection and Late-Stage Maturation of Thymocytes. J Immunol. 2017;198:3461-3470 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NFAT nuclear retention induced by TCR signals was regulated by SUMOylation during thymocytes development. Our study thus reveals a novel posttranslational mechanism underlying T cell development. ..
- Liu Y, Wang C, Wang Q, Lin Y, Ge Y, Li D, et al. Role of fractalkine/CX3CR1 signaling pathway in the recovery of neurological function after early ischemic stroke in a rat model. Life Sci. 2017;184:87-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, the study suggests that inhibition of fractalkine/CX3CR1 signaling pathway promotes the recovery of neurological functioning after the occurrence of an early ischemic stroke. ..
- Liu L, Qiao J, Wang Y, Chen Y, Gao Y. [Expression of leptin and leptin receptor system in woman reproductive organs]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2003;83:666-8 pubmed..However, leptin mRNA and Ob-Rb mRNA were only expressed in the ciliated epithelium of oviduct. Leptin may have an effect on women's reproductive function through leptin receptor systems. ..
- Wan W, Zou H, Sun R, Liu Y, Wang J, Ma D, et al. Investigate the role of PTEN in chemotaxis of human breast cancer cells. Cell Signal. 2007;19:2227-36 pubmed..Taken together, our data show that PTEN plays a non-redundant role in EGF-induced chemotaxis of human breast cancer cells, and an optimal level of PTEN is required in these responses. ..
- Chen J, Chen Y, Zhu W, Han Y, Han B, Xu R, et al. Specific LPA receptor subtype mediation of LPA-induced hypertrophy of cardiac myocytes and involvement of Akt and NFkappaB signal pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:1718-31 pubmed..Moreover, Akt and NF-kappaB signaling pathways independently implicate in LPA-stimulated myocardial hypertrophic growth. ..
- Chen Z, Li J, Li Q, Fan J, Dong X, Xu J, et al. Suppression of PPN/MG61 attenuates Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway and induces apoptosis in human lung cancer. Oncogene. 2008;27:3483-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that PPN/MG61 may be a novel marker for human lung cancer and that post-translational modification of the Wnt signal molecules by PPN/MG61 may be important for the function of Wnt pathway in lung cancer. ..
- Zuo H, Wang D, Peng R, Wang S, Gao Y, Zhang Z, et al. [The role of RKIP mediated ERK pathway in hippocampus neurons injured by electromagnetic radiation]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2008;24:660-2 pubmed..The excessive activation of RKIP mediated ERK pathway is one of the important mechanisms for the apoptosis and death of hippocampus neurons induced by electromagnetic radiation. U0126 have some protective effects on radiation injury. ..
- Xiong Y, Huo Y, Chen C, Zeng H, Lu X, Wei C, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor-2 tyrosine 1175 signaling controls VEGF-induced von Willebrand factor release from endothelial cells via phospholipase C-gamma 1- and protein kinase A-dependent pathways. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23217-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results not only reveal a novel Tyr(1175)-mediated signaling pathway but also highlight a potentially new therapeutic target for the management of vascular inflammation. ..
- Gan Q, Li T, Hu B, Lian M, Zheng X. HSCARG inhibits activation of NF-kappaB by interacting with IkappaB kinase-beta. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4081-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data indicate that IKKbeta is required for HSCARG-inhibited NF-kappaB activation. Our findings delineate a pathway by which HSCARG negatively regulates NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Ma Z, Hong Q, Wang Y, Tan H, Xiao C, Liang Q, et al. Ferulic acid protects human umbilical vein endothelial cells from radiation induced oxidative stress by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathways. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:29-34 pubmed..The results suggested that FA-induced Nrf2 activation play key role in cytoprotective effect of FA against oxidative stress via PI3K and ERK signaling pathways. ..
- Wang H, Song W, Hu T, Zhang N, Miao S, Zong S, et al. Fank1 interacts with Jab1 and regulates cell apoptosis via the AP-1 pathway. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:2129-39 pubmed publisher..This process was shown to be Jab1 dependent. Taken together, our results indicated that by interacting with Jab1, Fank1 could suppress cell apoptosis by activating the AP-1-induced anti-apoptotic pathway. ..
- Han B, Chen S, Dai S, Yang N, Wang T. Isobaric tags for relative and absolute quantification- based comparative proteomics reveals the features of plasma membrane-associated proteomes of pollen grains and pollen tubes from Lilium davidii. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:1043-58 pubmed publisher..These results provide novel insights into polarized PT growth...
- Liu L, Hu X, Cai G, Lv Y, Zhuo L, Gao J, et al. High glucose-induced hypertrophy of mesangial cells is reversed by connexin43 overexpression via PTEN/Akt/mTOR signaling. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:90-100 pubmed publisher..PTEN/Akt/mTOR signaling stimulated by high concentration of glucose is regulated by Cx43 overexpression, which unveils part of the molecular mechanism of Cx43 in regulating hyperglycemia-induced hypertrophy. ..
- Bai Y, Zhang P, Zhang X, Huang J, Hu S, Wei Y. LTBP-2 acts as a novel marker in human heart failure - a preliminary study. Biomarkers. 2012;17:407-15 pubmed publisher..67 (95% confidence intervals (CI) 0.58-0.75), comparable to the diagnostic ability of NT-proBNP 0.68 (95% CI 0.59-0.77). The serum LTBP-2 levels might act as a promising biomarker in HFREF. ..
- Miao X, Gu Z, Liu P, Hu Y, Li L, Gong Y, et al. The human glucagon-like peptide-1 analogue liraglutide regulates pancreatic beta-cell proliferation and apoptosis via an AMPK/mTOR/P70S6K signaling pathway. Peptides. 2013;39:71-9 pubmed publisher..Liraglutide also prevents beta-cell glucolipotoxicity by activating mTOR. ..
- Huang H, Kang R, Wang J, Luo G, Yang W, Zhao Z. Hepatitis C virus inhibits AKT-tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), the mechanistic target of rapamycin (MTOR) pathway, through endoplasmic reticulum stress to induce autophagy. Autophagy. 2013;9:175-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggested HCV inhibited the AKT-TSC-MTORC1 pathway via ER stress, resulting in autophagy, which may contribute to the establishment of the HCV-induced autophagy. ..
- Li Z, Shen J, Wu W, Yu X, Liang J, Qiu G, et al. Leptin induces cyclin D1 expression and proliferation of human nucleus pulposus cells via JAK/STAT, PI3K/Akt and MEK/ERK pathways. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e53176 pubmed publisher..Our findings may provide a novel molecular mechanism that explains the association between obesity and intervertebral disc degeneration. ..
- Liu G, Chater K, Chandra G, Niu G, Tan H. Molecular regulation of antibiotic biosynthesis in streptomyces. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev. 2013;77:112-43 pubmed publisher..The physiological signals and regulatory mechanisms may be of practical importance for the activation of the many cryptic secondary metabolic gene cluster pathways revealed by recent sequencing of numerous Streptomyces genomes. ..
- Qu Y, Zhao H, Han N, Zhou G, Song G, Gao B, et al. Ground tit genome reveals avian adaptation to living at high altitudes in the Tibetan plateau. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2071 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that ground tit evolves basic strategies and 'tit-to-jay' change for coping with the life in an extreme environment. ..
- Jia W, Sanders A, Jia G, Liu X, Lu R, Jiang W. Expression of the mTOR pathway regulators in human pituitary adenomas indicates the clinical course. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:3123-31 pubmed
- Tu Z, Wang Q, Cui T, Wang J, Ran H, Bao H, et al. Uterine RAC1 via Pak1-ERM signaling directs normal luminal epithelial integrity conducive to on-time embryo implantation in mice. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:169-81 pubmed publisher..Besides uncovering a potentially important molecule machinery governing uterine luminal integrity for embryo implantation, our finding has high clinical relevance, because Rac1 is essential for normal endometrial functions in women. ..
- Liu M, Bamodu O, Huang W, Zucha M, Lin Y, Wu A, et al. 4-Acetylantroquinonol B suppresses autophagic flux and improves cisplatin sensitivity in highly aggressive epithelial cancer through the PI3K/Akt/mTOR/p70S6K signaling pathway. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;325:48-60 pubmed publisher..We believe these findings will be beneficial in the development of a novel anti-ovarian cancer therapeutic strategy. ..
- Chen Q, Wang L, Jiang M, Huang J, Jiang Z, Feng H, et al. E2F1 interactive with BRCA1 pathway induces HCC two different small molecule metabolism or cell cycle regulation via mitochondrion or CD4+T to cytosol. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:1213-1221 pubmed publisher..Knowledge analysis demonstrates our E2F1 feedback-interactive BRCA1 pathway wide disease distribution and reflects a novel common one of tumor and cancer. ..
- Hu J, Yang H, Mu J, Lu T, Peng J, Deng X, et al. Nitric Oxide Regulates Protein Methylation during Stress Responses in Plants. Mol Cell. 2017;67:702-710.e4 pubmed publisher..These findings define a mechanism by which plants transduce stress-triggered NO signal to protein methylation machinery through S-nitrosylation of PRMT5 in response to environmental alterations. ..
- Zhang C, Hou B. [Expression of lipopolysaccharide receptors CD14 and TLR4 in a model of rat molar apical periodontitis]. Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2007;42:148-9 pubmed..Positive cells were mostly monocytes/macrophages. CD14 and TLR4 may play an important role in the pathogenesis of periapical periodontitis, probably via immune cells such as monocytes/macrophages and neutrophils. ..
- Gao X, Wen J, Zhang L, Li X, Ning Y, Meng A, et al. Dapper1 is a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein that negatively modulates Wnt signaling in the nucleus. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35679-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dpr1 controls Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in both the cytoplasm and the nucleus. ..
- Zhang M, Wang R, Wang Y, Diao F, Lu F, Gao D, et al. The CXXC finger 5 protein is required for DNA damage-induced p53 activation. Sci China C Life Sci. 2009;52:528-38 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CF5 plays a crucial role in ATM-p53 signaling in response to DNA damage. ..
- Wang X, Dong C, Shi Q, Shi S, Wang G, Lei Y, et al. Cytosolic prion protein induces apoptosis in human neuronal cell SH-SY5Y via mitochondrial disruption pathway. BMB Rep. 2009;42:444-9 pubmed..These data suggest that the accumulation of CytoPrP in cytoplasm may trigger cell apoptosis, in which mitochondrial relative apoptosis pathway seems to play critical role. ..
- Tong J, Lang J, Zhu L. Microarray analysis of differentially expressed genes in vaginal tissues in postmenopausal women. The role of stress urinary incontinence. Int Urogynecol J. 2010;21:1545-51 pubmed publisher..Apolipoprotein E, growth factor receptor-bound protein 2, Golgi SNAP receptor complex member 1, and glucosidase, beta, acid may play a neurodegenerative role in SUI development. ..
- Wang C, Tang X, Sun X, Miao Z, Lv Y, Yang Y, et al. TGF? inhibition enhances the generation of hematopoietic progenitors from human ES cell-derived hemogenic endothelial cells using a stepwise strategy. Cell Res. 2012;22:194-207 pubmed publisher..By defining these critical signaling factors during hematopoietic differentiation, we can efficiently generate HPCs from hESCs. Our strategy could offer an in vitro model to study early human hematopoietic development. ..
- Li C, Jia H, Chai Y, Shen Y. Abscisic acid perception and signaling transduction in strawberry: a model for non-climacteric fruit ripening. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:1950-3 pubmed..This mini-review offers an overview of these processes and also outlines the possible, molecular mechanisms for ABA in the regulation of strawberry fruit ripening through the ABA receptors...
- Jiang Z, Gui S, Zhang Y. Differential gene expression by fiber-optic beadarray and pathway in adrenocorticotrophin-secreting pituitary adenomas. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010;123:3455-61 pubmed..Fiber-optic beadarray combined with pathway analysis of differential gene expression appears to be a valid method of investigating tumour pathogenesis. ..
- Su F, Ren F, Rong Y, Wang Y, Geng Y, Wang Y, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase Meg2 dephosphorylates signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 and suppresses tumor growth in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2012;14:R38 pubmed..Levels of PTPMeg2 and phosphorylated STAT3 were inversely correlated in breast cancer tissues (P = 0.004). PTPMeg2 is an important phosphatase for the dephosphorylation of STAT3 and plays a critical role in breast cancer development. ..
- He J, Kang L, Wu T, Zhang J, Wang H, Gao H, et al. An elaborate regulation of Mammalian target of rapamycin activity is required for somatic cell reprogramming induced by defined transcription factors. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:2630-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate that the precise regulation of the mTOR activity plays a critical role in the successful reprogramming of somatic cells to form iPS cells. ..