Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Li J, Chen M, Wang Z, Ma M, Peng X. Analysis of environmental endocrine disrupting activities in wastewater treatment plant effluents using recombinant yeast assays incorporated with exogenous metabolic activation system. Biomed Environ Sci. 2011;24:132-9 pubmed publisher..The incorporation of exogenous metabolic capacity into the test system was valid for the study of indirect effects on ER, AR, PR, and TR. ..
- Du W, Lin H, Chen S, Wu Y, Zhang J, Fuglsang A, et al. Phosphorylation of SOS3-like calcium-binding proteins by their interacting SOS2-like protein kinases is a common regulatory mechanism in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:2235-43 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that SCaBP phosphorylation by their interacting PKS kinases is a critical component of the SCaBP-PKS regulatory pathway in Arabidopsis. ..
- Zhang L, Lin J, Ye K. Structural and functional analysis of the U3 snoRNA binding protein Rrp9. RNA. 2013;19:701-11 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that the N-terminal region of Rrp9 contains a bipartite nuclear localization signal that is dispensable for nucleolar localization. Our results provide insight into the functional sites of Rrp9. ..
- Miao C, Tang D, Zhang H, Wang M, Li Y, Tang S, et al. Central region component1, a novel synaptonemal complex component, is essential for meiotic recombination initiation in rice. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2998-3009 pubmed publisher..We found that CRC1 is also essential for the recruitment of PAIR2 onto meiotic chromosomes. The roles of CRC1 identified here have not been reported for Pch2 or TRIP13. ..
- Zhang L, Feng B, Zhao Y, Sun Y, Liu B, Liu F, et al. Polyketide butenolide, diphenyl ether, and benzophenone derivatives from the fungus Aspergillus flavipes PJ03-11. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:346-350 pubmed publisher..And the preliminary structure-activity relationships of aspulvinone and diphenyl ether compounds on the Î±-glucosidase inhibitory activity were reported. ..
- Wong L, You Z, Ming Z, Li J, Chen X, Huang Y. Detection of Interactions between Proteins through Rotation Forest and Local Phase Quantization Descriptors. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;17: pubmed publisher..These promising results indicate that the proposed method might play a complementary role for future proteomics research. ..
- Wang X, Xiao X, Zhao M, Liu W, Pang L, Sun X, et al. EV71 virus-like particles produced by co-expression of capsid proteins in yeast cells elicit humoral protective response against EV71 lethal challenge. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9:42 pubmed publisher..Co-expression of four EV71 structural proteins VP1-VP4 in yeast expression systems is an effective method to produce EV71 VLPs. VLP-based vaccine shows great potential to prevent EV71 infection. ..
- Jiang Z, Fei B, Li Z. Pretreatment of bamboo by ultra-high pressure explosion with a high-pressure homogenizer for enzymatic hydrolysis and ethanol fermentation. Bioresour Technol. 2016;214:876-880 pubmed publisher..7-95.1% of the theoretical ethanol yield after 24h. Therefore, NaOH+UHPE is argued to be a potential alternative technology for pretreatment of bamboo. ..
- Li Q, Zheng J, Li S, Huang G, Skilling S, Wang L, et al. Transporter-Mediated Nuclear Entry of Jasmonoyl-Isoleucine Is Essential for Jasmonate Signaling. Mol Plant. 2017;10:695-708 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide an avenue to develop pharmaceutical agents targeting the nuclear entry of small molecules. ..
- Chang Q, Yue F, Guo X, Hie X, Zhang B. [Regulatory effect of FLO1 tandem repeats on the flocculation characteristics and genetic stability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2012;52:1360-8 pubmed..Flocculation of YSF1a3, YSF1a4 and YSF1a5 were more tolerant to environmental changes than that of strain YSF1, and displayed more genetic stability. Repeated DNA sequence A is important for the function of flocculation protein. ..
- Zhang G, Wang W, Deng A, Sun Z, Zhang Y, Liang Y, et al. A mimicking-of-DNA-methylation-patterns pipeline for overcoming the restriction barrier of bacteria. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002987 pubmed publisher..The effectiveness of the MoDMP pipeline in different bacterial groups suggests a universal potential. This pipeline could facilitate the functional genomics of the strains that are difficult to transform. ..
- Hsu H, Wang C, Wang M, Yang N, Chen Z, Sternglanz R, et al. Structural basis for allosteric stimulation of Sir2 activity by Sir4 binding. Genes Dev. 2013;27:64-73 pubmed publisher..These results bring to light the structure and function of the regulatory domain of Sir2, and the knowledge should be useful for understanding allosteric regulation of sirtuins in general. ..
- Sun G, Tong X, Dong Y, Mei Z, Sun Z. [Identification of a protein interacting with apoptin from human leucocyte cDNA library by using yeast two-hybrid screening]. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:369-72 pubmed..Apoptin mutant T1 still interacted with Nmi, suggesting that its C-terminal 11 AA was not essential for the interaction. ..
- Li Z, You Z, Chen X, Li L, Huang D, Yan G, et al. Accurate prediction of protein-protein interactions by integrating potential evolutionary information embedded in PSSM profile and discriminative vector machine classifier. Oncotarget. 2017;8:23638-23649 pubmed publisher..The experimental results obtained indicate that our method is highly effective for PPIs prediction and can be taken as a supplementary tool for future proteomics research. ..
- Wang Q, Xue H, Li S, Chen Y, Tian X, Xu X, et al. A method for labeling proteins with tags at the native genomic loci in budding yeast. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176184 pubmed publisher..Three fluorescent protein tag (mCherry, sfGFP, and mKikGR) and two epitope tag (HA and 3×FLAG) constructs were developed and utilized to tag HHT1, UBC13 or RAD5 at the chromosomal locus as proof-of-concept. ..
- Wang J, Huo K, Ma L, Tang L, Li D, Huang X, et al. Toward an understanding of the protein interaction network of the human liver. Mol Syst Biol. 2011;7:536 pubmed publisher..Our data represent the first comprehensive description of a HLPN, which could be a valuable tool for understanding the functioning of the protein interaction network of the human liver. ..
- Tian X, Sha Y, Zhang S, Chen Y, Miao S, Wang L, et al. Extracellular domain of YWK-II, a human sperm transmembrane protein, interacts with rat Müllerian-inhibiting substance. Reproduction. 2001;121:873-80 pubmed..The results of this study indicate that the YWK-II sperm membrane protein may function as a receptor for Müllerian-inhibiting substance. ..
- Huang H, Guo X, Li D, Liu M, Wu J, Ren H. Identification of crucial yeast inhibitors in bio-ethanol and improvement of fermentation at high pH and high total solids. Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:7486-93 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that the contamination by bacteria when fermenting at high pH can be prevented effectively using hydrolysates with total solids of more than 20%. Meanwhile, ethanol yield is improved significantly. ..
- Li Z, Qu H, Li C, Zhou X. Direct and efficient xylitol production from xylan by Saccharomyces cerevisiae through transcriptional level and fermentation processing optimizations. Bioresour Technol. 2013;149:413-9 pubmed publisher..By optimization of the transcriptional regulation and fermentation processes, the xylitol concentration could be increased of 1.7 folds and the yield was 0.71 g xylitol/g xylan. ..
- Yuan X, Cong Y, Hao J, Shan Y, Zhao Z, Wang S, et al. Regulation of LIP level and ROS formation through interaction of H-ferritin with G-CSF receptor. J Mol Biol. 2004;339:131-44 pubmed..ROS, acting as a second messenger, might take part in G-CSF receptor signal transduction. So, here, a new G-CSFR-H-ferritin-LIP-ROS pathway is proposed for regulation of intracellular ROS formation in bone-marrow hematopoietic cells. ..
- Yang Z, Zhang L, Diao F, Huang M, Wu N. Sucrose regulates elongation of carrot somatic embryo radicles as a signal molecule. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;54:441-59 pubmed..This suggested the possibility that cSUT has an important role in this sucrose signal regulation system. ..
- Wei W, Chai T, Zhang Y, Han L, Xu J, Guan Z. The Thlaspi caerulescens NRAMP homologue TcNRAMP3 is capable of divalent cation transport. Mol Biotechnol. 2009;41:15-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of TcNRAMP3 in tobacco resulted in slight Cd sensitivity of root growth and did not influence Ni resistance. These results suggested that TcNRAMP3 played a role in metal cation homeostasis in plant...
- Wan L, Li D, Zhang D, Liu X, Fu W, Zhu L, et al. Conservation and implications of eukaryote transcriptional regulatory regions across multiple species. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:623 pubmed publisher..In addition, we also found that the TRRs of protein coding genes and ncRNAs are similar in structure, with the latter being more conserved than the former. ..
- Qian M, Pang Y, Liu C, Haratake K, Du B, Ji D, et al. Acetylation-mediated proteasomal degradation of core histones during DNA repair and spermatogenesis. Cell. 2013;153:1012-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, PA200/Blm10 specifically targets the core histones for acetylation-mediated degradation by proteasomes, providing mechanisms by which acetylation regulates histone degradation, DNA repair, and spermatogenesis. ..
- Qin Y, Hu C, Pang Y, Kastaniotis A, Hiltunen J, Zhu Y. Saturated very-long-chain fatty acids promote cotton fiber and Arabidopsis cell elongation by activating ethylene biosynthesis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3692-704 pubmed..Thus, VLCFAs may be involved in maximizing the extensibility of cotton fibers and multiple Arabidopsis cell types, possibly by activating ethylene biosynthesis. ..
- Wang L, Luo Y, Zhang L, Zhao J, Hu Z, Fan Y, et al. Isolation and characterization of a C-repeat binding transcription factor from maize. J Integr Plant Biol. 2008;50:965-74 pubmed publisher..Expression analyses showed that ZmCBF3 was upregulated by both abscisic acid and low temperature, and was actively expressed during embryogenesis, suggesting that ZmCBF3 plays a role in stress response in maize...
- Liang W, Li C, Liu F, Jiang H, Li S, Sun J, et al. The Arabidopsis homologs of CCR4-associated factor 1 show mRNA deadenylation activity and play a role in plant defence responses. Cell Res. 2009;19:307-16 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest roles of the AtCAF1 proteins in regulated mRNA deadenylation and defence responses to pathogen infections. ..
- Han J, Song X, Li P, Yang H, Yin L. Maize ZmFDR3 localized in chloroplasts is involved in iron transport. Sci China C Life Sci. 2009;52:864-71 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that ZmFDR3 functions in chloroplast iron transport. ..
- Luo Y, Qin G, Zhang J, Liang Y, Song Y, Zhao M, et al. D-myo-inositol-3-phosphate affects phosphatidylinositol-mediated endomembrane function in Arabidopsis and is essential for auxin-regulated embryogenesis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1352-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that myo-inositol serves as the main substrate for synthesizing PtdIns and phosphatidylinositides, which are essential for endomembrane structure and trafficking and thus for auxin-regulated embryogenesis...
- She Z, Gao Z, Liu Y, Wang W, Liu G, Shtykova E, et al. Structural and SAXS analysis of the budding yeast SHU-complex proteins. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:2306-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together with our electrophoretic mobility shift assay (EMSA) results, a model is proposed for the SHU-protein complex coupled with DNA. ..
- Zhao H, Kato A, Sato K, Jia Y, Yu C. Total synthesis and glycosidase inhibition of broussonetine I and J(2). J Org Chem. 2013;78:7896-902 pubmed publisher..Broussonetine I was found to be a potent inhibitor of ?-glucosidase (IC50 = 2.9 ?M), while ent-broussonetine I and ent-broussonetine J2 were found to be potent inhibitors of ?-glucosidase (IC50 = 0.33 and 0.53 ?M, respectively). ..
- Han Y, Zhu Y. [Human hR24L gene is involved in DNA excision repair and recombination repair]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 1999;79:941-3 pubmed..Human DNA repair gene hR24L was successfully cloned in this study. The product hR24L is involved in both DNA excision repair and recombination repair. ..
- Tang Y, An M, Zhong Y, Shigeru M, Wu X, Kida K. Continuous ethanol fermentation from non-sulfuric acid-washed molasses using traditional stirred tank reactors and the flocculating yeast strain KF-7. J Biosci Bioeng. 2010;109:41-6 pubmed publisher..6 g/l/h was successfully operated for more than one month. This fermentation process can be applied to ethanol distilleries in which traditional tank reactors are used. ..
- Tian S, Luo X, Yang X, Zhu J. Robust cellulosic ethanol production from SPORL-pretreated lodgepole pine using an adapted strain Saccharomyces cerevisiae without detoxification. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:8678-85 pubmed publisher..SPORL produced an excellent monomeric sugar recovery value of about 85% theoretical and a net energy output of 4.05GJ/ton wood with an ethanol energy production efficiency of 178% before distillation. ..
- Zhang Z, He X, Li W, Lu Y, Wang Z, Zhang B. [Regulation role of sterol C-24 methyltransferase and sterol C-8 isomerase in the ergosterol biosynthesis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2009;49:1063-8 pubmed..12-fold of that in ERG6 only overexpressing strain. These results demonstrated that sterol C-24 methyltransferase is an important bottleneck enzyme for ergosterol biosynthesis in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Liu J, Wu Q, He D, Ma T, Du L, Dui W, et al. Drosophila sbo regulates lifespan through its function in the synthesis of coenzyme Q in vivo. J Genet Genomics. 2011;38:225-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that sbo is an essential gene for Drosophila development, mutation of which leads to an extension of lifespan most likely by altering endogenous CoQ biosynthesis. ..
- Wu L, Wang B. Transformation of deoxynivalenol and its acetylated derivatives in Chinese steamed bread making, as affected by pH, yeast, and steaming time. Food Chem. 2016;202:149-55 pubmed publisher..Briefly, alkaline conditions and short steaming times favored the deacetylation of 3-ADON. The level of yeast did not remarkably (P<0.05) alter the transformation between ADONs and DON. ..
- Hou Y, Zhang Q, Wang S. Sequence analysis of D-xylose isomerase gene from Escherichia coli. Chin J Biotechnol. 1990;6:269-77 pubmed..The additional 209 nucleotides at 5' end and 82 nucleotides at 3' end include Shine-Dalgarno ribosome-binding site and the transcriptional termination codon, respectively. ..
- Li N, Yuan L, Liu N, Shi D, Li X, Tang Z, et al. SLOW WALKER2, a NOC1/MAK21 homologue, is essential for coordinated cell cycle progression during female gametophyte development in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:1486-97 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that SWA2 most likely plays a role in ribosome biogenesis that is essential for the coordinated mitotic progression of the female gametophyte. ..
- Ren X, Liu T, Dong J, Sun L, Yang J, Zhu Y, et al. Evaluating de Bruijn graph assemblers on 454 transcriptomic data. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51188 pubmed publisher..Our evaluation is expected to provide helpful guidance for researchers to choose assemblers when analyzing 454 transcriptomic data. ..
- Liu Z, Liu Q, Sun H, Hou L, Guo H, Zhu Y, et al. Evidence for the additions of clustered interacting nodes during the evolution of protein interaction networks from network motifs. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:133 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest functional constraints may be the underlying driving force for such additions of clustered interacting nodes. ..
- Du L, Yu Y, Chen J, Liu Y, Xia Y, Chen Q, et al. Arsenic induces caspase- and mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Yeast Res. 2007;7:860-5 pubmed..Cell death and DNA fragmentation decreased in a Deltayca1 deletion mutant, indicating the participation of yeast caspase-1 protein in apoptosis. The implications of these findings for arsenic-induced apoptosis are discussed. ..
- Wu Y, Wu M, He G, Zhang X, Li W, Gao Y, et al. Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase: a universal internal control for Western blots in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Anal Biochem. 2012;423:15-22 pubmed publisher..coli gapC. Taken together, our results indicate that GAPDH could be universally used as an internal control for the Western blot analysis of prokaryotic and eukaryotic samples. ..
- Xu W, Wang C, Liao Z, Zhang Y, Yu L, Wang X, et al. [Identification of interaction and interaction domains between neuroglobin and Na(+), K(+)-ATPase beta2 subunit]. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2003;35:823-8 pubmed..Moreover, the structure integrity of neuroglobin was found to be essential for the interaction between NGB and NKA1b2 by yeast two hybrid method with a series of neuroglobin truncated mutants. ..
- Bai M, Zhou J, Perrett S. The yeast prion protein Ure2 shows glutathione peroxidase activity in both native and fibrillar forms. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:50025-30 pubmed..Further, establishment of an in vitro activity assay provides a valuable tool for the study of structure-function relationships of the Ure2 protein as both a prion and an enzyme. ..
- Perrett S, Jones G. Insights into the mechanism of prion propagation. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2008;18:52-9 pubmed publisher..Whether aspects of the mechanisms of formation, maintenance and clearance of prions are conserved between fungi and mammals remains to be seen. ..
- Fei L, Perrett S. Disulfide bond formation significantly accelerates the assembly of Ure2p fibrils because of the proximity of a potential amyloid stretch. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11134-41 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the potential amyloid stretch and its preceding residue can modulate the fibril assembly of Ure2p to control the initiation of prion formation. ..
- Liu X, Li M, Xia X, Li X, Chen Z. Mechanism of chromatin remodelling revealed by the Snf2-nucleosome structure. Nature. 2017;544:440-445 pubmed publisher..Snf2 locally deforms nucleosomal DNA at the site of binding, priming the substrate for the remodelling reaction. Together, these findings provide mechanistic insights into chromatin remodelling. ..
- Wang Y, Hao Y, Zhang Z, Chen T, Zhang J, Chen S. Isolation of trehalose-6-phosphate phosphatase gene from tobacco and its functional analysis in yeast cells. J Plant Physiol. 2005;162:215-23 pubmed publisher..When expressing in yeast tps2 mutant, NtTPPL rescued the mutant phenotype under high temperature. This result indicated that NtTPPL functioned as a trehalose-6-phosphate phosphatase in yeast and may play similar roles in plants...
- Zhang X, Yan C, Hang J, Finci L, Lei J, Shi Y. An Atomic Structure of the Human Spliceosome. Cell. 2017;169:918-929.e14 pubmed publisher..These structural features reveal important mechanistic insights into exon ligation. ..
- Su Z, Chai M, Lu P, An R, Chen J, Wang X. AtMTM1, a novel mitochondrial protein, may be involved in activation of the manganese-containing superoxide dismutase in Arabidopsis. Planta. 2007;226:1031-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that AtMTM1 encodes a mitochondrial protein that may be playing an important role in activation of MnSOD1 in Arabidopsis. ..
- Yang X, Zhou J, Sun L, Wei Z, Gao J, Gong W, et al. Structural basis for the function of DCN-1 in protein Neddylation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:24490-4 pubmed..The structural and biochemical results are consistent with the role of DCN-1 as a scaffold protein in a multisubunit neddylation E3 ligase complex. ..
- Xu Z, Ni Z, Li Z, Li L, Chen M, Gao D, et al. Isolation and functional characterization of HvDREB1-a gene encoding a dehydration-responsive element binding protein in Hordeum vulgare. J Plant Res. 2009;122:121-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HvDREB1 produces a DRE-/CRT-binding transcription factor that may have an important role in improving salt tolerance in plants...
- Huang X, Wang J, Xia W, Zou M, Cai X, Xu D. Identification of the transactivation domain of the human FHL3. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2010;44:335-9 pubmed..Further investigations on the mutants with deleted first or second zinc finger of LIM4 confirmed that the second zinc finger motif in LIM4 was responsible for the auto-activation of FHL3. ..
- Song X, Yang C, Liu J, Yang W. RPA, a class II ARFGAP protein, activates ARF1 and U5 and plays a role in root hair development in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:966-76 pubmed..Together, we demonstrated that RPA plays a role in root hair and pollen tube growth, most likely through the regulation of Arabidopsis ARF1 and ARF1-like protein U5 activity. ..
- Xiao H, Yin L, Xu X, Li T, Han Z. The iron-regulated transporter, MbNRAMP1, isolated from Malus baccata is involved in Fe, Mn and Cd trafficking. Ann Bot. 2008;102:881-9 pubmed publisher..MbNRAMP1 encodes a functional metal transporter capable of mediating the distribution of ions as well as transport of the micronutrients, Fe and Mn, and the toxic metal, Cd. ..
- Zhang H, Loovers H, Xu L, Wang M, Rowling P, Itzhaki L, et al. Alcohol oxidase (AOX1) from Pichia pastoris is a novel inhibitor of prion propagation and a potential ATPase. Mol Microbiol. 2009;71:702-16 pubmed publisher..However, we discovered that in addition to its flavin adenine dinucleotide-dependent AOX activity, AOX1 possesses ATPase activity. This study identifies AOX1 as a novel prion inhibitory factor and a potential ATPase. ..
- Liu J, Sun N, Liu M, Liu J, Du B, Wang X, et al. An autoregulatory loop controlling Arabidopsis HsfA2 expression: role of heat shock-induced alternative splicing. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:512-21 pubmed publisher..Severe HS-induced alternative splicing also occurs in four other HS-inducible Arabidopsis Hsf genes, suggesting that it is a common feature among Arabidopsis Hsfs. ..
- Sun L, Li M, Suo F, Liu X, Shen E, Yang B, et al. Global analysis of fission yeast mating genes reveals new autophagy factors. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003715 pubmed publisher..Our study sheds new light on the evolutionary diversity of the autophagy machinery and establishes the fission yeast as a useful model for dissecting the mechanisms of autophagy...
- Cai Z, Mao X, Li S, Wei L. Genome comparison using Gene Ontology (GO) with statistical testing. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:374 pubmed..With the rapid increase of the number of sequenced genomes, we hope that the approach we proposed and tested can make valuable contribution to comparative genomics. ..
- Wang Y, Xiao Y, Zhang Y, Chai C, Wei G, Wei X, et al. Molecular cloning, functional characterization and expression analysis of a novel monosaccharide transporter gene OsMST6 from rice (Oryza sativa L.). Planta. 2008;228:525-35 pubmed publisher..In addition, OsMST6 expression is up-regulated by salt stress and sugars. The physiological role of OsMST6 for seed development and its roles in other sink and source tissues are discussed...
- He X, Qin Y, Xu Y, Hu C, Zhu Y. Molecular cloning, expression profiling, and yeast complementation of 19 beta-tubulin cDNAs from developing cotton ovules. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2687-95 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the proteins encoded by cotton GhTUBs are involved during cotton fibre development...
- Liu X, Wang Z, Wang J, Lu Y, He X, Zhang B. Expression of GAI gene and disruption of PEP4 gene in an industrial brewer's yeast strain. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2009;49:117-23 pubmed publisher..The recombinant strain (Ts-10) had better foam performance and mouthfeel in addition to low-calories values. It was free of heterologous DNA sequences and drug-resistance genes and could be safely used in beer production. ..
- Liu G, Zhang Y, Chai T. Phytochelatin synthase of Thlaspi caerulescens enhanced tolerance and accumulation of heavy metals when expressed in yeast and tobacco. Plant Cell Rep. 2011;30:1067-76 pubmed publisher..Expression of TcPCS1 leading to increased Cd accumulation and enhanced metal tolerance, but the Cd contents were restrained by adding zinc in Saccharomyces cerevisiae transformants. ..
- Yang X, Li W, Liu J. Isolation and characterization of a novel PHGPx gene in Raphanus sativus. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1728:199-205 pubmed..This suggested that RsPHGPx encodes a functional PHGPx protein. ..
- Li W, Sun L, Liang Q, Wang J, Mo W, Zhou B. Yeast AMID homologue Ndi1p displays respiration-restricted apoptotic activity and is involved in chronological aging. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1802-11 pubmed..Implication of these findings for Ndi1p-induced apoptosis is discussed. ..
- Liu X, Liu X, Zhang J, Xia Z, Liu X, Qin H, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of sulfiredoxin homologs from higher plants. Cell Res. 2006;16:287-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of this work indicate the existence of functional Srx homolog in higher plants that is essential for plants to cope with oxidation stress...
- Zhang Z, Perrett S. Novel glutaredoxin activity of the yeast prion protein Ure2 reveals a native-like dimer within fibrils. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14058-67 pubmed publisher..Observation of allosteric enzyme behavior within amyloid-like Ure2 fibrils not only provides insight into the molecular structure of the fibrils but also has implications for the mechanism of [URE3] prion formation. ..
- Lu C, Li Q, Chen S, Zhao L, Zheng Z. Gold nanorod-catalyzed luminol chemiluminescence and its selective determination of glutathione in the cell extracts of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Talanta. 2011;85:476-81 pubmed publisher..The calibration curve for glutathione was found to be linear from 0.05 to 100 nM, and the detection limit (S/N=3) was 0.01 nM. The relative standard deviation (RSD) for five repeated measurements of 5.0 nM glutathione was 2.1%. ..
- Wen F, Guo Y, Hu Y, Liu W, Wang Q, Wang Y, et al. Distinct temporal requirements for autophagy and the proteasome in yeast meiosis. Autophagy. 2016;12:671-88 pubmed publisher..Our study defines the roles of autophagy and the proteasome in meiosis: Autophagy mainly affects the initiation of meiosis, whereas the proteasome mainly affects the 2 successive meiotic divisions. ..
- He P, Lu D, Wang Q, Shen A, Jiang N. [Cloning and expression of VHB gene in D-arabitol producing yeast]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2001;41:315-9 pubmed..The most improvement of D-arabitol productivity in repeat experiments reached 27.3%. It appeared that the fermentation productivity of D-arabitol was relative to the amount of VHb in cells under experimental conditions...
- Wang Y, Wei Z, Bian Q, Cheng Z, Wan M, Liu L, et al. Crystal structure of human bisphosphoglycerate mutase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39132-8 pubmed..In addition, the side chain of Glu-13 would affect the Glu-89 protonation ability responsible for the low mutase activity. Other structural variations, which could be connected with functional differences, are also discussed. ..
- Pang Y, Wang H, Song W, Zhu Y. The cotton ATP synthase ?1 subunit is required to maintain a higher ATP/ADP ratio that facilitates rapid fibre cell elongation. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2010;12:903-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that GhATP?1 is important for activity of mitochondrial ATP synthase and is probably related to cotton fibre elongation...
- Tao R, Xue H, Zhang J, Liu J, Deng H, Chen Y. Deacetylase Rpd3 facilitates checkpoint adaptation by preventing Rad53 overactivation. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:4212-24 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings reveal an important role of Rpd3 in promoting checkpoint adaptation via deacetylation and inhibition of Rad53. ..
- Wang Y, Bongiovanni M, Gras S, Perrett S. The fibrils of Ure2p homologs from Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Saccharoymyces paradoxus have similar cross-? structure in both dried and hydrated forms. J Struct Biol. 2011;174:505-11 pubmed publisher..Given the different prion propensity of the two Ure2p homologs, this suggests that the detailed organization of the cross-? core may play an important role in the efficiency of prion propagation. ..
- Li H, Qiu J, Chen F, Lv X, Fu C, Zhao D, et al. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of dihydroflavonol 4-reductase (DFR) gene in Saussurea medusa. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:2991-9 pubmed publisher..This work greatly enhances our knowledge of flavonoid biosynthesis in S. medusa and marks a major advance that could facilitate future genetic modification of S. medusa. ..
- Yi C, Tong J, Lu P, Wang Y, Zhang J, Sun C, et al. Formation of a Snf1-Mec1-Atg1 Module on Mitochondria Governs Energy Deprivation-Induced Autophagy by Regulating Mitochondrial Respiration. Dev Cell. 2017;41:59-71.e4 pubmed publisher..Thus, formation of a Snf1-Mec1-Atg1 module on mitochondria governs energy deprivation-induced autophagy by regulating mitochondrial respiration. ..
- Ye C, Zhang H, Chen J, Xia X, Yin W. Molecular characterization of putative vacuolar NHX-type Na(+)/H(+) exchanger genes from the salt-resistant tree Populus euphratica. Physiol Plant. 2009;137:166-74 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that PeNHX1-6 function as vacuolar Na(+)/H(+) exchangers and that PeNHX products play an important role in the salt resistance of P. euphratica...
- Li S, Duan J, Li D, Yang B, Dong M, Ye K. Reconstitution and structural analysis of the yeast box H/ACA RNA-guided pseudouridine synthase. Genes Dev. 2011;25:2409-21 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal significant novel features of eukaryotic H/ACA RNPs. ..
- Shen J, Zheng H, Zhi X, Shi Y, Huang Y, Wang W, et al. Improvement of amorpha-4,11-diene production by a yeast-conform variant of Vitreoscilla hemoglobin. Z Naturforsch C. 2012;67:195-207 pubmed..This suggests that VHb might improve the amorpha-4,11-diene production in engineered S. cerevisiae. ..
- Wong A, Yan C, Shi Y. Crystal structure of the yeast metacaspase Yca1. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:29251-9 pubmed publisher..Our structural and biochemical characterization identifies Yca1 as a Ca(2+)-activated cysteine protease that may cleave specific substrates during stress response in yeast. ..
- Chen L, Jiao Z, Zheng L, Zhang Y, Xie S, Wang Z, et al. Structural insight into the autoinhibition mechanism of AMP-activated protein kinase. Nature. 2009;459:1146-9 pubmed publisher..The structural and biochemical data have shown the primary mechanism of AMPK autoinhibition and suggest a conformational switch model for AMPK activation by AMP. ..