Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Jiangsu, China
Locale: Jiangsu, China
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- Xu L, Ren B, Li M, Jiang F, Zhanng Z, Hu J. Ulinastatin suppresses systemic inflammatory response following lung ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:1310-1 pubmed publisher..05). Ulinastatin produced dose-dependent attenuation of the systemic inflammatory response of rats following lung I/R injury. ..
- Hou X, Zhang G, Zong Y. Suppression of postsynaptic density protein 95 expression attenuates increased tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2A subunits of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors and interactions of Src and Fyn with NR2A after transient brain ischemia in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2003;343:125-8 pubmed..The protein levels of NR2A, Src and Fyn had no differences under the above conditions. These data suggested that PSD-95 is critical for facilitating NR2A tyrosine phosphorylation by Src family kinases in postischemic brain. ..
- Tian H, Zhang Q, Li H, Zhang G. Antioxidant N-acetylcysteine and AMPA/KA receptor antagonist DNQX inhibited mixed lineage kinase-3 activation following cerebral ischemia in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Res. 2003;47:47-53 pubmed..We think that MLK3 activation is certainly associated with reactive oxygen species (ROS) and AMPA/KA receptor in response to ischemic insult. ..
- Yang Y, Wang Q, Hu L, Sun X, Ding J, Hu G. Iptakalim alleviated the increase of extracellular dopamine and glutamate induced by 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium ion in rat striatum. Neurosci Lett. 2006;404:187-90 pubmed..Concomitantly, Ipt reduced the increase of extracellular glutamate induced by MPP(+). These results suggest that Ipt can regulate DA and glutamate efflux induced by MPP(+) in rat striatum. ..
- Zou C, Qiu Q, Chen H, Dou L, Liang J. Hepatoprotective effects of selenium during diabetes in rats. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2016;35:114-23 pubmed publisher..However, selenium treatment to diabetic rats showed overall improvement in the hepatic histoarchitecture. ..
- Yu H, Xu J, Li C, Zhou C, Zhang F, Han D, et al. Coupling between neuronal nitric oxide synthase and glutamate receptor 6-mediated c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling pathway via S-nitrosylation contributes to ischemia neuronal death. Neuroscience. 2008;155:1120-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide the coupling of nNOS with GluR6 by S-nitrosylation during the early stages of ischemia-reperfusion, which can be a new approach for stroke therapy. ..
- Zhang Z, Li H, Ma Z, Feng J, GAO P, Dong H, et al. Efficient cardiomyogenic differentiation of bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells by combination of Wnt11 and bone morphogenetic protein 2. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2012;237:768-76 pubmed publisher..The synergistic effect of Wnt11 and BMP-2 on the cardiomyogenic differentiation of BM-MSCs is further enhanced in a myocardial microenvironment. ..
- Gao S, Mo J, Chen L, Wang Y, Mao X, Shi Y, et al. Astrocyte GGTI-mediated Rac1 prenylation upregulates NF-ÎºB expression and promotes neuronal apoptosis following hypoxia/ischemia. Neuropharmacology. 2016;103:44-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that astrocyte GGTI-mediated Rac1 activation contributed to the DND and that GGTI-Rac1-NF-ÎºB signaling may be a potential target for the therapy of ischemic stroke. ..
- Liu S, Ma K, Xu B, Xu X. Protection of carbon monoxide intraperitoneal administration from rat intestine injury induced by lipopolysaccharide. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010;123:1039-46 pubmed..p. group. The injury to the intestine via anti-oxidant, anti-inflammation and anti-apoptosis, which may involve the p38 MAPK pathway, was induced by 2 L/min of 250 ppm CO i.p. exerting potent protection against LPS. ..
- Wang R, Zhang Q, Zhang G. Activation of ERK5 is mediated by N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor and L-type voltage-gated calcium channel via Src involving oxidative stress after cerebral ischemia in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2004;357:13-6 pubmed..These results suggested that ERK5 could be significantly activated by I/R, which might be mediated by NMDA receptor and L-VGCC through Src kinase pathway involving oxidative stress in rat hippocampus. ..
- Liu X, Pei D, Guan Q, Sun Y, Wang X, Zhang Q, et al. Neuroprotection of Tat-GluR6-9c against neuronal death induced by kainate in rat hippocampus via nuclear and non-nuclear pathways. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17432-45 pubmed..Tat-GluR6-9c, the peptide we constructed, gives new insight into seizure therapy. ..
- Lu X, Geng X, Zhang L, Zeng Y. The methodology for labeling the distal cerebrospinal fluid-contacting neurons in rats. J Neurosci Methods. 2008;168:98-103 pubmed publisher..Three methodology were described to label the dCSF-CNs including tetramethylbenzidine-sodium tungstate (TMB-ST) method, CB-HRP-immunofluorescence procedures and CB-HRP-immunoelectron microscopic procedures. ..
- Wang K, Duan S, Wen X, Wang W, Fang S, Qi D, et al. Angiotensin II system in the nucleus tractus solitarii contributes to autonomic dysreflexia in rats with spinal cord injury. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181495 pubmed publisher..Blockade of baroreflex by sinoaortic denervation prevented beneficial effect of losartan on AD. We concluded that the activation of Ang II system in NTS may impair blood pressure baroreflex, and contribute to AD after SCI. ..
- Gao J, Zhao W, Xue F, Zhou L, Xu S, Ding N. Early administration of propofol protects against endotoxin-induced acute lung injury in rats by inhibiting the TGF-beta1-Smad2 dependent pathway. Inflamm Res. 2010;59:491-500 pubmed publisher..In the endotoxic rat model, pretreatment and simultaneous treatment with propofol provided protection against acute lung injury by inhibiting the TGF-beta1-Smad2 dependent pathway. ..
- Zhang Y, Cheng Y, Liu Z, Ding L, Qiu T, Chai L, et al. Systematic screening and characterization of multiple constituents in Guizhi Fuling capsule and metabolic profiling of bioactive components in rats using ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography/quadrupole-time-of-flight mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1061-1062:474-486 pubmed publisher..The chemical and metabolic profiling of GFC provided an abundant substance foundation for the extensive GFC research, especially for the pharmacodynamic mechanisms research. ..
- Zhang Q, Tian H, Li H, Zhang G. Antioxidant N-acetylcysteine inhibits the activation of JNK3 mediated by the GluR6-PSD95-MLK3 signaling module during cerebral ischemia in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2006;408:159-64 pubmed..Taken together, these finding indicate that ischemic stimulation results in JNK3 activation through the GluR6-PSD95-MLK3 signaling module, and that the activation of JNK3 is closely related to oxidative stress. ..
- Zhou C, Li C, Yu H, Zhang F, Han D, Zhang G. Neuroprotection of gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor agonists via enhancing neuronal nitric oxide synthase (Ser847) phosphorylation through increased neuronal nitric oxide synthase and PSD95 interaction and inhibited protein phosphatase activity in ce. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:2973-83 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that GABA receptor agonists may serve as a potential and important neuroprotectant in therapy for ischemic stroke. ..
- Hao Y, Sun Y, Xu C, Jiang X, Sun H, Wu Q, et al. Improvement of contractile function in isolated cardiomyocytes from ischemia-reperfusion rats by ginkgolide B pretreatment. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2009;54:3-9 pubmed publisher..0 microM GB (P < 0.01). The expression of protein Bcl-2 was upregulated by GB and the ratio of Bax to Bcl-2 was decreased by GB. Our results showed that GB can partly prevent IR injury in rat heart. ..
- Ping Z, Liu W, Kang Z, Cai J, Wang Q, Cheng N, et al. Sulforaphane protects brains against hypoxic-ischemic injury through induction of Nrf2-dependent phase 2 enzyme. Brain Res. 2010;1343:178-85 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that SFN could exert neuroprotective effects through increasing Nrf2 and HO-1 expression. ..
- Zhou R, Wang S, Zhu X. Prenatal ethanol exposure attenuates GABAergic inhibition in basolateral amygdala leading to neuronal hyperexcitability and anxiety-like behavior of adult rat offspring. Neuroscience. 2010;170:749-57 pubmed publisher..The data provide the functional evidence that prenatal EtOH exposure attenuates GABAergic inhibition in the BLA resulting in neuronal hyperexcitability and anxiety-like behavior of adult rat offspring. ..
- Zhang Q, Han D, Xu J, Lv Q, Wang R, Yin X, et al. Ischemic preconditioning negatively regulates plenty of SH3s-mixed lineage kinase 3-Rac1 complex and c-Jun N-terminal kinase 3 signaling via activation of Akt. Neuroscience. 2006;143:431-44 pubmed
- Xu J, Li C, Yin X, Zhang G. Additive neuroprotection of GABA A and GABA B receptor agonists in cerebral ischemic injury via PI-3K/Akt pathway inhibiting the ASK1-JNK cascade. Neuropharmacology. 2008;54:1029-40 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that co-activation of GABA A receptor and GABA B receptor exerted neuroprotective effect via PI-3K/Akt pathway, which could inhibit the ASK1-c-Jun N-terminal protein kinase (JNK) cascade. ..
- Tian H, Zhang G, Li H, Zhang Q. Antioxidant NAC and AMPA/KA receptor antagonist DNQX inhibited JNK3 activation following global ischemia in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Res. 2003;46:191-7 pubmed..Ketamine and nifedipine had no significant effects on JNK3 activation during reperfusion. Consequently, reactive oxygen species (ROS) and AMPA/KA receptor were closely associated with JNK3 activation following global ischemia. ..
- Yang H, Hu L, Chen J, Zhu J, Tao T, Zhang F, et al. Lipopolysaccharide induced upregulation of beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase-I in Schwann cell. Inflammation. 2009;32:279-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that beta-1,4-GalT-I may play an important role in adhesion and migration of Schwann cells during inflammation. ..
- Yin Q, Cheng W, Cheng M, Fan S, Shen W. Intrathecal injection of anti-CX3CR1 neutralizing antibody delayed and attenuated pain facilitation in rat tibial bone cancer pain model. Behav Pharmacol. 2010;21:595-601 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that intrathecal injection of anti-CX3CR1 neutralizing antibody delayed and attenuated pain facilitation in the rat tibial bone cancer pain model...
- Shen J, Gao J, Chen C, Lu H, Hu G, Shen J, et al. Antifibrotic role of chemokine CXCL9 in experimental chronic pancreatitis induced by trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid in rats. Cytokine. 2013;64:382-94 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CXCL9 is involved in the modulation of pancreatic fibrogenesis in TNBS-induced chronic pancreatitis in rats, and may be a therapeutic target in pancreatic fibrosis. ..
- Wu S, Wu X, Lu C, Dong L, Zhou G, Chen Z. Lipoxin A4 inhibits connective tissue growth factor-induced production of chemokines in rat mesangial cells. Kidney Int. 2006;69:248-56 pubmed
- Wang H, Xiao B, Hao Z, Sun Z. Simultaneous determination of fraxin and its metabolite, fraxetin, in rat plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry and its application in a pharmacokinetic study. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1017-1018:70-74 pubmed publisher..D.%) were within 10.9% for both analytes, whereas the deviation of assay accuracies (R.E.%) ranged from -5.3 to 1.0%. The method was successfully applied to a pharmacokinetic study after a single oral dose of fraxin at 50mg/kg to rats. ..
- Xiong J, Fang W, Fang W, Bai L, Huo J, Kong Y, et al. Anticoagulant and antithrombotic activity of a new peptide pENW (pGlu-Asn-Trp). J Pharm Pharmacol. 2009;61:89-94 pubmed publisher..These findings support the suggestion that pENW possesses antithrombotic activity and could be a promising drug in the prevention and treatment of unwanted clot formation. ..
- Lv Q, Liu Y, Han D, Xu J, Zong Y, Wang Y, et al. Neuroprotection of GluK1 kainate receptor agonist ATPA against ischemic neuronal injury through inhibiting GluK2 kainate receptor-JNK3 pathway via GABA(A) receptors. Brain Res. 2012;1456:1-13 pubmed publisher..In sum, the findings indicate that activation of GluK1 by ATPA at specific dosages may promote GABA release, which then suppresses post-synaptic GluK2-JNK3 signaling-mediated cerebral ischemic injury via GABA(A)R. ..
- Liu H, Zhang Y, Xie Y, Cai Y, Li B, Li W, et al. Hypoxia-responsive ionizable liposome delivery siRNA for glioma therapy. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:1065-1083 pubmed publisher..Moreover, MLP/siPLK1 was shown to be very effective in inhibiting the growth of glioma cells both in vitro and in vivo. Therefore, the MLP is a promising siRNA delivery system for tumor therapy. ..
- Hu S, Zhu J, Pei D, Zong Y, Yan J, Hou X, et al. Overexpression of the PDZ1 domain of PSD-95 diminishes ischemic brain injury via inhibition of the GluR6.PSD-95.MLK3 pathway. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:3626-38 pubmed publisher..Overall, the essential role of the PDZ1 domain of PSD-95 in apoptotic cell death in neurons provides an experimental foundation for gene therapy of neurodegenerative diseases with overexpression of the PDZ1 domain. ..
- Qi J, Hu K, Yang H. Roles of TNF-Î±, GSK-3Î² and RANKL in the occurrence and development of diabetic osteoporosis. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:11995-2004 pubmed
- Hou X, Zhang G. Inhibitory effect of dopamine on Ca(2+)-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II activity in rat hippocampal slices. Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao. 1999;20:902-6 pubmed..DA has an inhibitory effect on CCDPK II activity in rat hippocampus, related to stimulation of D1-like and D2-like receptors and calcium influx. ..
- Zhang F, Li C, Wang R, Han D, Zhang Q, Zhou C, et al. Activation of GABA receptors attenuates neuronal apoptosis through inhibiting the tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2A by Src after cerebral ischemia and reperfusion. Neuroscience. 2007;150:938-49 pubmed
- Liu A, Gao L, Kang S, Liu Y, Xu C, Sun H, et al. Testosterone enhances estradiol's cardioprotection in ovariectomized rats. J Endocrinol. 2012;212:61-9 pubmed publisher..The study highlights the potential therapeutic application for CVD in postmenopausal women. ..
- Ma J, Zhang G. Lithium reduced N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2A tyrosine phosphorylation and its interactions with Src and Fyn mediated by PSD-95 in rat hippocampus following cerebral ischemia. Neurosci Lett. 2003;348:185-9 pubmed
- Li C, Xu B, Wang W, Yu X, Zhu J, Yu H, et al. Coactivation of GABA receptors inhibits the JNK3 apoptotic pathway via disassembly of GluR6-PSD-95-MLK3 signaling module in KA-induced seizure. Epilepsia. 2010;51:391-403 pubmed publisher..This provides a new insight into the therapeutic approach to epileptic seizure. ..
- Wang F, Shen X, Guo X, Peng Y, Liu Y, Xu S, et al. Spinal macrophage migration inhibitory factor contributes to the pathogenesis of inflammatory hyperalgesia in rats. Pain. 2010;148:275-83 pubmed publisher..These data highlight spinal MIF plays a critical role in the pathogenesis of formalin-induced inflammatory pain and suggest MIF may be a potential target for therapy of such pathological condition. ..
- Di J, Li C, Yu H, Zheng J, Zhang G. nNOS downregulation attenuates neuronal apoptosis by inhibiting nNOS-GluR6 interaction and GluR6 nitrosylation in cerebral ischemic reperfusion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:594-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results suggest that nNOS binds with GluR6 via PSD95 and then produces endogenous NO to S-nitrosylate GluR6 in cerebral ischemia-reperfusion, which provides a new approach for stroke therapy. ..
- Miao B, Yin X, Pei D, Zhang Q, Zhang G. Neuroprotective effects of preconditioning ischemia on ischemic brain injury through down-regulating activation of JNK1/2 via N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-mediated Akt1 activation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21693-9 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that preconditioning can inhibit activation of JNK signaling pathway via NMDA receptor-mediated Akt1 activation and induce neuroprotection in hippocampal CA1 region. ..
- Zhang L, Ma J, Gu Y, Lin S. Effects of blocking the renin-angiotensin system on expression and translocation of protein kinase C isoforms in the kidney of diabetic rats. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2006;104:e103-11 pubmed..The renin-angiotensin system was implicated in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy by regulating the activation of PKC isoforms. ..
- Jia R, Zhu J, Wu J, Xie J, Xu L. Experimental study on early protective effect of ischemic preconditioning on rat kidney graft. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:69-72 pubmed publisher..The inhibiting effects on TNF-alpha and the positive feedback signaling of TNF-alpha/NF-KB pathways may play important roles in renal graft protection. ..
- Wang Y, Ji H, Zheng J, Pei D, Hu S, Qiu S. Protective effect of selenite on renal ischemia/reperfusion injury through inhibiting ASK1-MKK3-p38 signal pathway. Redox Rep. 2009;14:243-50 pubmed publisher..In addition, selenite reduced the MDA level. These findings suggest that the protective action of selenite on ischemia renal injury is associated closely with reducing activation of the ASK1-MKK3-p38 signal pathway...
- Zhang J, Yan H, Wu Y, Li C, Zhang G. Activation of GluR6-containing kainate receptors induces ubiquitin-dependent Bcl-2 degradation via denitrosylation in the rat hippocampus after kainate treatment. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:7669-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal that Bcl-2 ubiquitin-dependent degradation is induced by Bcl-2 denitrosylation during neuronal apoptosis after KA treatment. ..
- Hualin C, Wenli X, Dapeng L, Xijing L, Xiuhua P, Qingfeng P. The anti-inflammatory mechanism of heme oxygenase-1 induced by hemin in primary rat alveolar macrophages. Inflammation. 2012;35:1087-93 pubmed publisher..These changes and p38 MAPK may be the anti-inflammatory mechanism of HO-1 induced by hemin in primary rat AMs. ..
- Zhu Q, Xu Y, Du C, Hou X. SUMOylation of the kainate receptor subunit GluK2 contributes to the activation of the MLK3-JNK3 pathway following kainate stimulation. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1259-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the internalization of GluK2 following SUMO modification promotes its binding with MLK3, thereby activating the MLK3-JNK3 pathway, which may be responsible for ischemic neuronal cell death. ..
- Guo J, Li D, Bai S, Xu T, Zhou Z, Zhang Y. Detecting DNA synthesis of neointimal formation after catheter balloon injury in GK and in Wistar rats: using 5-ethynyl-2'-deoxyuridine. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:150 pubmed publisher..Moreover, more obvious DNA synthesis in the vascular neointima could be observed in GK rats than in Wistar rats. ..
- Qu Z, Miao W, Hu S, Li C, Zhuo X, Zong Y, et al. N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-dependent denitrosylation of neuronal nitric oxide synthase increase the enzyme activity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52788 pubmed publisher..nNOS dephosphorylation may be induced by the enzyme denitrosylation, which suggest that S-nitrosylation/denitrosylation of nNOS may be an important mechanism in regulating the enzyme activity. ..
- Tian Z, Ji Y, Yan W, Xu C, Kong Q, Han F, et al. Methylene blue protects against paraquat-induced acute lung injury in rats. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;17:309-13 pubmed publisher..Pathological examination also revealed that MB alleviated PQ-induced histological damage. These results provide evidence that MB may be a new therapy in the treatment of PQ-induced ALI. ..
- Cao J, Wang W, Li Y, Xia J, Peng Y, Zhang Y, et al. Artesunate attenuates unilateral ureteral obstruction-induced renal fibrosis by regulating the expressions of bone morphogenetic protein-7 and uterine sensitization-associated gene-1 in rats. Int Urol Nephrol. 2016;48:619-29 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, Art may become a potential preventive or therapeutic agent for chronic kidney diseases. ..
- Zhang Q, Zhang G. Activation and autophosphorylation of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 (ASK1) following cerebral ischemia in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2002;329:232-6 pubmed
- Song B, Meng F, Yan X, Guo J, Zhang G. Cerebral ischemia immediately increases serine phosphorylation of the synaptic RAS-GTPase activating protein SynGAP by calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II alpha in hippocampus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;349:183-6 pubmed
- Song B, Yan X, Zhang G. PSD-95 promotes CaMKII-catalyzed serine phosphorylation of the synaptic RAS-GTPase activating protein SynGAP after transient brain ischemia in rat hippocampus. Brain Res. 2004;1005:44-50 pubmed..The results suggest that the serine phosphorylation of SynGAP catalyzed by CaMKII is immediately increased and that PSD95 is critical for promoting SynGAP serine phosphorylation after transient brain ischemia. ..
- Li C, Wang R, Zhang Q, Zhang G. Activated mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 7 redistributes to the cytosol and binds to Jun N-terminal kinase-interacting protein 1 involving oxidative stress during early reperfusion in rat hippocampal CA1 region. J Neurochem. 2005;93:290-8 pubmed..The findings suggested that MKK7 activation, translocation and binding to JIP-1 were closely associated with reactive oxygen species and might play a pivotal role in the activation of the JNK signaling pathway in brain ischemic injury. ..
- Hou X, Zhang G, Wang D, Guan Q, Yan J. Suppression of postsynaptic density protein 95 by antisense oligonucleotides diminishes postischemic pyramidal cell death in rat hippocampal CA1 subfield. Neurosci Lett. 2005;385:230-3 pubmed..Our data suggest that the recruitments of ion channels and signaling molecules may be involved in the PSD-95 neurotoxicity in the postischemic hippocampus. ..
- Wen X, Li C, Zong Y, Yu C, Xu J, Han D, et al. Dual inhibitory roles of geldanamycin on the c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase 3 signal pathway through suppressing the expression of mixed-lineage kinase 3 and attenuating the activation of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 via facilitating the activatio. Neuroscience. 2008;156:483-97 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results indicated that GA showed a dual inhibitory role on JNK3 activation and exerted strong neuroprotection in vivo and in vitro, which provides a new possible approach for stroke therapy. ..
- Zhang Q, Han D, Hu S, Li C, Yu C, Wang R, et al. Positive modulation of AMPA receptors prevents downregulation of GluR2 expression and activates the Lyn-ERK1/2-CREB signaling in rat brain ischemia. Hippocampus. 2010;20:65-77 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed that positive modulation of AMPARs could exert neuroprotective effects and the possible signaling pathways underlied. ..
- Yu C, Li C, Pei D, Zong Y, Shi Q, Wen X, et al. Neuroprotection against transient focal cerebral ischemia and oxygen-glucose deprivation by interference with GluR6-PSD95 protein interaction. Neurochem Res. 2009;34:2008-21 pubmed publisher..Tat-GluR6-9c, the peptide we constructed, gives a new insight into the therapy for ischemic stroke. ..
- Wang W, Hu S, Li C, Zhou C, Qi S, Zhang G. Transduced PDZ1 domain of PSD-95 decreases Src phosphorylation and increases nNOS (Ser847) phosphorylation contributing to neuroprotection after cerebral ischemia. Brain Res. 2010;1328:162-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that overexpression of the PDZ1 domain can perturb the binding of PSD-95 to NMDA receptor, suppress the activity of both NMDA receptor and nNOS, and thus have a neuroprotective effect. ..
- Zeng Y, Gu P, Liu K, Huang P. Maternal protein restriction in rats leads to reduced PGC-1? expression via altered DNA methylation in skeletal muscle. Mol Med Rep. 2013;7:306-12 pubmed publisher..The changes may affect gene expression and account for the metabolic alterations in female rats with IUGR. ..
- Lu Q, Zhai Y, Cheng Q, Liu Y, Gao X, Zhang T, et al. The Akt-FoxO3a-manganese superoxide dismutase pathway is involved in the regulation of oxidative stress in diabetic nephropathy. Exp Physiol. 2013;98:934-45 pubmed publisher..We conclude that overproduction of ROS induced by a high glucose concentration decreases the expression of MnSOD via the PI3K-Akt-FoxO3a pathway and further aggravates oxidative stress in diabetic nephropathy...
- Xia L, Chen Q, Cheng G. [Effects of ginseng total saponin on traumatic brain edema of rats]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2012;32:1671-4 pubmed
- Shi Y, Hu S, Song Q, Yu S, Zhou X, Yin J, et al. Gene silencing of 4-1BB by RNA interference inhibits acute rejection in rats with liver transplantation. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:192738 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that gene silencing of 4-1BB by RNA interference inhibits the acute rejection in rats with liver transplantation. ..
- Li Z, Sun C, Zhang T, Mo J, Shi Q, Zhang X, et al. Geranylgeranyltransferase I mediates BDNF-induced synaptogenesis. J Neurochem. 2013;125:698-712 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggested that GGT mediates BDNF-induced neuronal synaptogenesis through Rac1 activation. ..
- Meng F, Zhang G. Autophosphorylated calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II alpha induced by cerebral ischemia immediately targets and phosphorylates N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2B (NR2B) in hippocampus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2002;333:59-63 pubmed..These results suggest that phosphorylation of NR2B can influence the channel properties of NR2B, and the dissociation of the CaMKII alpha-NR2B complexes may be a negative feedback mechanism during longer time cerebral ischemia. ..
- Meng F, Guo J, Zhang Q, Song B, Zhang G. Autophosphorylated calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II alpha (CaMKII alpha) reversibly targets to and phosphorylates N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2B (NR2B) in cerebral ischemia and reperfusion in hippocampus of rats. Brain Res. 2003;967:161-9 pubmed
- Guo J, Meng F, Zhang G, Zhang Q. Free radicals are involved in continuous activation of nonreceptor tyrosine protein kinase c-Src after ischemia/reperfusion in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2003;345:101-4 pubmed..These results suggest that free radical production is involved in NMDA receptor-mediated continuous activation of c-Src during ischemia/reperfusion but not that during ischemia...
- Hao Z, Pei D, Guan Q, Zhang G. Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII), through NMDA receptors and L-Voltage-gated channels, modulates the serine phosphorylation of GluR6 during cerebral ischemia and early reperfusion period in rat hippocampus. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;140:55-62 pubmed..In conclusion, our results suggest that CaMKII, activated through NMDA receptors and L-VGCCs, mediated the serine phosphorylation of GluR6 during brain ischemia and early reperfusion period. ..
- Wu D, Pei D, Wang Q, Zhang G. Down-regulation of PTEN by sodium orthovanadate inhibits ASK1 activation via PI3-K/Akt during cerebral ischemia in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2006;404:98-102 pubmed..Taken together, we concluded that sodium orthovanadate could increase the tyrosine posphorylation of PTEN and further inhibit the activation of ASK1 via activating Akt during cerebral ischemia. ..
- Xu J, Zhang Q, Li C, Zhang G. Subtoxic N-methyl-D-aspartate delayed neuronal death in ischemic brain injury through TrkB receptor- and calmodulin-mediated PI-3K/Akt pathway activation. Hippocampus. 2007;17:525-37 pubmed
- Cao J, Wang H, Yu J, Yang H, Xiao C, Gao D. Involvement of NCAM in the effects of GDNF on the neurite outgrowth in the dopamine neurons. Neurosci Res. 2008;61:390-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NCAM is involved in the promotive effect of GDNF on the neurite outgrowth in lesioned DA neurons, but not involved in the promotive effect of GDNF on TH expression in these neurons. ..
- Cao J, Wang H, Yu J, Liu H, Gao D. The involvement of NF-kappaB p65/p52 in the effects of GDNF on DA neurons in early PD rats. Brain Res Bull. 2008;76:505-11 pubmed publisher..And it was the noncanonical NF-kappaB signaling pathway, which contained the NF-kappaB p65/p52 complex that was involved in the effects of GDNF on DA neurons. ..
- Pang Q, Zhou Q, Zeng S, Dou L, Ji Y, Zeng Y. Protective effect of heme oxygenase-1 on lung injury induced by erythrocyte instillation in rats. Chin Med J (Engl). 2008;121:1688-92 pubmed..01), while the level of interleukin-10 was higher in the erythrocyte group (P < 0.01). HO-1 protects against erythrocyte-induced inflammatory injury in lung. ..
- Pang Q, Dou L, Pan X, Zeng S, He J, Xu W, et al. Methylene chloride protects against cecal ligation and puncture-induced acute lung injury by modulating inflammatory mediators. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:929-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that MC has obvious protective effects against CLP-induced ALI in rats. The mechanism of the protective effects partly involves modulating inflammatory mediators. ..
- Zhang X, Jin G, Li W, Zou L, Shi J, Qin J, et al. Ectopic neurogenesis in the forebrain cholinergic system-related areas of a rat dementia model. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:1627-38 pubmed publisher..Ectopic neurogenesis in cholinergic system-related areas provides an additional mechanism for repair of cholinergic innervation following damage. ..
- Sun N, Hao J, Li X, Yin X, Zong Y, Zhang G, et al. GluR6-FasL-Trx2 mediates denitrosylation and activation of procaspase-3 in cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in rats. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e771 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence that cerebral I/R mediates procaspase-3 denitrosylation and activation through GluR6-FasL-Trx2 pathway, which leads to neuronal apoptosis and cell death. ..
- Han Y, Wu J, Liu T, Hu Y, Zheng Q, Wang B, et al. Separation, characterization and anticancer activities of a sulfated polysaccharide from Undaria pinnatifida. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;83:42-9 pubmed publisher..Immunomodulatory activity and regulating abnormal sex hormones level might contribute to its anticancer activities. ..
- Jiang H, Guan Q, Pei D, Zhang G. Functional cooperation between KA2 and GluR6 subunits is involved in the ischemic brain injury. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:2960-70 pubmed
- Du C, Gao J, Tai J, Liu Y, Qi J, Wang W, et al. Increased tyrosine phosphorylation of PSD-95 by Src family kinases after brain ischaemia. Biochem J. 2009;417:277-85 pubmed publisher..Thus the present study reveals an additional mechanism for the regulation of PSD-95 by tyrosine phosphorylation. This mechanism may be of pathological significance since it is associated with excitotoxicity in the ischaemic brain. ..