Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein kinase c in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: protein kinase c
- Xu T, Xu P. Searching for molecular players differentially involved in neurotransmitter and neuropeptide release. Neurochem Res. 2008;33:1915-9 pubmed publisher..This article briefly overviews some key molecules that are possibly involved in the differential regulation of the trafficking, docking, priming and fusion of SCVs and LDCVs. ..
- Jin S, Zhang M, Lei L, Wang C, Fu M, Ning G, et al. Meiosis activating sterol (MAS) regulate FSH-induced meiotic resumption of cumulus cell-enclosed porcine oocytes via PKC pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;249:64-70 pubmed..All the data of this study support that endogenous FF-MAS takes part in the FSH-induced porcine oocytes meiotic resumption and might play an active role via PKC signal pathway. ..
- Wang H, Jiang Y, Zhang W, Xu S, Liu H, Yang W, et al. Differential activations of PKC/PKA related to microvasculopathy in diabetic GK rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012;302:E173-82 pubmed publisher..It suggested that the differential activations of PKC/PKA related to microvasculopathy in diabetes and that activation of PKA may protect the diabetic microvasculature. ..
- Ding J, Ding N, Wang N, Lu Q, Lu N, Yang D, et al. Determination of conventional protein kinase C isoforms involved in high intraocular pressure-induced retinal ischemic preconditioning of rats. Vision Res. 2009;49:315-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that increased cPKCgamma membrane translocation and up-regulated protein expressions of cPKCalpha and gamma are involved in the development of high IOP-induced rat retinal IPC. ..
- Sun R, Gao P, Chen L, Ma D, Wang J, Oppenheim J, et al. Protein kinase C zeta is required for epidermal growth factor-induced chemotaxis of human breast cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2005;65:1433-41 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that PKCzeta is an essential component of the EGF-stimulated chemotactic signaling pathway in human breast cancer cells. ..
- Li J, Niu C, Han S, Zu P, Li H, Xu Q, et al. Identification of protein kinase C isoforms involved in cerebral hypoxic preconditioning of mice. Brain Res. 2005;1060:62-72 pubmed..These results indicate that activation of cPKCbetaII, gamma, and nPKCepsilon might be involved in the development of cerebral hypoxic preconditioning of mice. ..
- Chen C, Meng S, Xue Y, Han Y, Sun C, Deng J, et al. Epigenetic modification of PKMÎ¶ rescues aging-related cognitive impairment. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22096 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that PKMÎ¶ might be a potential target for the treatment of aging-related cognitive impairment, suggesting a potential therapeutic avenue. ..
- Zeng K, Liao L, Song X, Lv H, Song F, Yu Q, et al. Caruifolin D from artemisia absinthium L. inhibits neuroinflammation via reactive oxygen species-dependent c-jun N-terminal kinase and protein kinase c/NF-ÎºB signaling pathways. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;767:82-93 pubmed publisher..and also suggested that caruifolin D was a major anti-inflammatory component from Artemisia absinthium L., which might be developed as a drug candidate for neuroinflammation-related diseases. ..
- Sun H, Du W, Zuo J, Wu G, Shi G, Shen Y, et al. [The association of two single nucleotide polymorphisms in PRKCZ and UTS2 respectively with type 2 diabetes in Han people of northern China]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2002;24:223-7 pubmed..The two SNP may be associated with type 2 diabetes in Han people of China, which makes base for further study of the relation between the genes they located with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Wang J, Chen Q, Zhou J, Wen J, Bian F, Li G, et al. Specific protein kinase C isoforms ? and ?I are involved in follicle-stimulating hormone-induced mouse follicle-enclosed oocytes meiotic resumption. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45043 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, FSH-induced activation of PKC ? alone, or together with the inactivation of PKC ?I in granulosa cells, participates in mouse oocyte meiotic resumption, possibly by the activation of EGFR signaling pathway. ..
- Li Y, Sun H, Wu G, Du W, Zuo J, Shen Y, et al. Protein kinase C/zeta (PRKCZ) gene is associated with type 2 diabetes in Han population of North China and analysis of its haplotypes. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:2078-82 pubmed..PRKCZ gene may be associated with type 2 diabetes in Han population in North China. The haplotypes at five SNP sites in this gene may be responsible for this association. ..
- Li Y, Xue Y, He Y, Li F, Xue L, Xu C, et al. Inhibition of PKMzeta in nucleus accumbens core abolishes long-term drug reward memory. J Neurosci. 2011;31:5436-46 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that PKMÎ¶ activity in accumbens core is a critical cellular substrate for the maintenance of memories of relapse-provoking reward cues during prolonged abstinence periods. ..
- Zeng K, Li J, Dong X, Wang Y, Ma Z, Jiang Y, et al. Anti-neuroinflammatory efficacy of the aldose reductase inhibitor FMHM via phospholipase C/protein kinase C-dependent NF-?B and MAPK pathways. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;273:159-71 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that AR is a potential target for neuroinflammation inhibition and that FMHM could be an effective agent for treating or preventing neuroinflammatory diseases. ..
- Wang C, Qiu W, Zheng Y, Li H, Li Y, Feng B, et al. Extraneuronal monoamine transporter mediates the permissive action of cortisol in the Guinea pig trachea: possible involvement of tracheal chondrocytes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76193 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results highlight the role of EMT in the crosstalk between glucocorticoid and catecholamine. EMT may represent a promising target for adrenergic signaling modulation. ..
- Huang H, Tang Q, Chu H, Jiang J, Zhang H, Hao W, et al. MAP4K4 deletion inhibits proliferation and activation of CD4(+) T cell and promotes T regulatory cell generation in vitro. Cell Immunol. 2014;289:15-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide the evidence that MAP4K4 is essential for CD4(+) T cell proliferation, activation and cytokine production. ..
- Li H, Wang A, Huang Y, Liu D, Wei C, Williams G, et al. Isorhapontigenin, a new resveratrol analog, attenuates cardiac hypertrophy via blocking signaling transduction pathways. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;38:243-57 pubmed..These findings suggest that ISO prevents the development of cardiac hypertrophy through an antioxidant mechanism involving inhibition of different intracellular signaling transduction pathways. ..
- Shi S, Li Y. Interaction of signal transduction between angiotensin AT1 and AT2 receptor subtypes in rat senescent heart. Chin Med J (Engl). 2007;120:1820-4 pubmed..01). The activation of AT(1)R inhibited the signal transduction of AT(2)R during the aging variation, and the activation of AT(2)R inhibited the signal transduction of AT(1)R in rat heart of different age. ..
- Chen R, Chang P, Long D, Yang L, Wu Y. Down-regulation of neuropathy target esterase by protein kinase C activation with PMA stimulation. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;302:179-85 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that stimulation with PMA reduces the expression of NTE mRNA levels but does not affect the exogenous promoter-driven NTE expression in mammalian cells. ..
- Ma G, Pan B, Chen Y, Guo C, Zhao M, Zheng L, et al. Trimethylamine N-oxide in atherogenesis: impairing endothelial self-repair capacity and enhancing monocyte adhesion. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, TMAO-induced monocyte adhesion is partly attributable to activation of PKC/NF-ÎºB/VCAM-1. ..
- Zhu Q, Wang H, Zhang J, Ye P, Luo L. [Effect of pioglitazone on hypoxia/reoxygenation injury and protein kinase C expression in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2011;31:1819-23 pubmed..Pioglitazone can ameliorate neonatal rat cardiomyocyte injury induced by hypoxia/reoxygenation partially by activating PPAR? and does not increase the expression of PKC in the cells. ..
- Wang W, Jia L, Wang T, Sun W, Wu S, Wang X. Endogenous calcitonin gene-related peptide protects human alveolar epithelial cells through protein kinase Cepsilon and heat shock protein. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20325-30 pubmed..The post-receptor signaling of CGRP is through PKCepsilon-dependent expression of HSP70. ..
- Xue Y, Luo Y, Wu P, Shi H, Xue L, Chen C, et al. A memory retrieval-extinction procedure to prevent drug craving and relapse. Science. 2012;336:241-5 pubmed publisher..The memory retrieval-extinction procedure is a promising nonpharmacological method for decreasing drug craving and relapse during abstinence. ..
- Wang H, Wu X, Yang H, Yin C, Shi L, Wang X. Urotensin II inhibits skeletal muscle glucose transport signaling pathways via the NADPH oxidase pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76796 pubmed publisher..Our data imply a role for UII at the molecular level in glucose homeostasis, and possibly in skeletal muscle insulin resistance in T2DM. ..
- Wang Y, Mu X, Wu J, Wu A, Fang L, Li J, et al. Differential roles of phosphorylated AMPA receptor GluR1 subunits at Serine-831 and Serine-845 sites in spinal cord dorsal horn in a rat model of post-operative pain. Neurochem Res. 2011;36:170-6 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the therapeutic targeting the phosphorylation regulation of AMPA receptor GluR1 subunit at Serine-831 site would be potentially significant for treating postoperative pain. ..
- Cai Y, Gao Y, Sheng Q, Miao S, Cui X, Wang L, et al. Characterization and potential function of a novel testis-specific nucleoporin BS-63. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;61:126-34 pubmed..The complex performs the task of a carrier system in transporting aF10 into the nucleus of germ cells during spermiogenesis. ..
- Tian L, Wang X, Sun Y, Li C, Xing Y, Zhao H, et al. Salvianolic acid B, an antioxidant from Salvia miltiorrhiza, prevents 6-hydroxydopamine induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:409-22 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that salvianolic acid B may be effective in treating neurodegenerative diseases associated with oxidative stress. ..
- Tian L, Zhou Z, Zhang Q, Sun Y, Li C, Cheng C, et al. Protective effect of (+/-) isoborneol against 6-OHDA-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;20:1019-32 pubmed
- Chen X, Zhou B, Yan J, Xu B, Tai P, Li J, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor activation by protein kinase C is necessary for FSH-induced meiotic resumption in porcine cumulus-oocyte complexes. J Endocrinol. 2008;197:409-19 pubmed publisher..These data together suggested that EGFR activation, by PKC signal pathway, participates in FSH-induced porcine oocyte meiotic resumption. ..
- Huang X, He D, Ming J, He Y, Zhou C, Ren H, et al. High-density lipoprotein of patients with breast cancer complicated with type 2 diabetes mellitus promotes cancer cells adhesion to vascular endothelium via ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 upregulation. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;155:441-55 pubmed publisher..This work indicates a prospective utilization of HDL-based strategies in the treatment of breast cancer patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Li Y, Jiang C, Xu G, Wang N, Zhu Y, Tang C, et al. Homocysteine upregulates resistin production from adipocytes in vivo and in vitro. Diabetes. 2008;57:817-27 pubmed publisher..HHcy may promote insulin resistance through the induction of resistin expression and secretion from adipocytes via the activation of the ROS-PKC-NF-kappaB pathway. ..
- Jin X, Han C, Zhang X, Yuan J, Hu Z, Liu Y. Signal transduction of stem cell factor in promoting early follicle development. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2005;229:3-10 pubmed..These results suggest that SCF (kit ligand) promotes follicular growth by stimulating the function of thecal-interstitial cells through the Erk1/2 pathway. ..
- Zheng Z, Li Q, Chen D, Schatten H, Sun Q. Translocation of phospho-protein kinase Cs implies their roles in meiotic-spindle organization, polar-body emission and nuclear activity in mouse eggs. Reproduction. 2005;129:229-34 pubmed..The results suggest that PKC activation may play important roles in regulating spindle organization and stabilization, polar-body extrusion, and nuclear activity during mouse oocyte meiosis, fertilization, and early embryonic mitosis. ..
- Wu J, Xiao L, Cheng X, Cui L, Wu N, Shen Y. PKC epsilon is a unique regulator for hsp90 beta gene in heat shock response. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:51143-9 pubmed..We conclude that PKC-epsilon is specifically required in the signaling pathway leading to the induction of hsp90 beta gene in response to heat shock. ..
- Quan H, Fan H, Meng X, Huo L, Chen D, Schatten H, et al. Effects of PKC activation on the meiotic maturation, fertilization and early embryonic development of mouse oocytes. Zygote. 2003;11:329-37 pubmed..All these results suggest that PKC has multiple functional roles in the cell cycle progression of mouse oocytes and embryos. ..
- Li J, Yang C, Han S, Zu P, Wu J, Xu Q, et al. Increased phosphorylation of neurogranin in the brain of hypoxic preconditioned mice. Neurosci Lett. 2006;391:150-3 pubmed..05). These results suggest that neurogranin protein may be involved in the development of cerebral hypoxic preconditioning. ..
- Fu J, Song W, Zong S, Koide S, Miao S, Wang L. Dynamic alterations in the expression and localization of ACTL7a during capacitation in mouse spermatozoa. Fertil Steril. 2013;99:882-8 pubmed publisher..ACTL7a is an essential component of capacitation in mouse spermatozoa. The alteration in the expression and localization of ACTL7a may be the primary biochemical event in the induction of capacitation in mouse spermatozoa. ..
- Li L, Zhou Y, Wang C, Zhao Y, Zhang Z, Fan D, et al. Src tyrosine kinase regulates angiotensin II-induced protein kinase Czeta activation and proliferation in vascular smooth muscle cells. Peptides. 2010;31:1159-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Src kinase plays an important role in AngII-elicited PKCzeta activation and the subsequent downstream signaling including ERK1/2 activation and VSMCs proliferation. ..
- Hao J, Chen M, Zhao M. Involvement of protein kinase C in C5a-primed neutrophils for ANCA-mediated activation. Mol Immunol. 2013;54:68-73 pubmed publisher..5 in untreated cells to 1071.3±81.3 after C5a treatment and decreased to 827.3±48.1 by BIS (P<0.05). Activation of PKC is an important step in the translocation of ANCA antigens and C5a-induced activation of neutrophils by ANCA. ..
- Gong Y, Wang X, Liu J, Shi L, Yin B, Peng X, et al. NSPc1, a mainly nuclear localized protein of novel PcG family members, has a transcription repression activity related to its PKC phosphorylation site at S183. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:115-21 pubmed..Taken together, results from our study suggest that NSPc1, as a typical PcG family member, has powerful transcriptional repression ability, which may be related to the PKC signaling pathway. ..
- Liu B, Liu Y, Chen J, Wei Z, Yu H, Zhen Y, et al. CARP is a novel caspase recruitment domain containing pro-apoptotic protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1396-404 pubmed..Our results suggest that CARP is a novel CARD-containing pro-apoptotic protein. ..
- Shao Y, Lei Z, Wolf P, Gao Y, Guo Y, Zhang B. Zinc Supplementation, via GPR39, Upregulates PKC? to Protect Intestinal Barrier Integrity in Caco-2 Cells Challenged by Salmonella enterica Serovar Typhimurium. J Nutr. 2017;147:1282-1289 pubmed publisher..138).Conclusion: We demonstrated that zinc upregulates PKC? by activating GPR39 to enhance the abundance of ZO-1, thereby improving epithelial integrity in S. typhimurium-infected Caco-2 cells. ..
- Zhu H, Wang Z, Xing Y, Gao Y, Ma T, Lou L, et al. Baicalin reduces the permeability of the blood-brain barrier during hypoxia in vitro by increasing the expression of tight junction proteins in brain microvascular endothelial cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;141:714-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that baicalin is capable of restoring the barrier function of the BBB under ischemic conditions and this beneficial effect may be linked to the decreased expression of TJ proteins. ..
- Mei F, Nagappan G, Ke Y, Sacktor T, Lu B. BDNF facilitates L-LTP maintenance in the absence of protein synthesis through PKM?. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21568 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BDNF sustains L-LTP through PKM? in a protein synthesis-independent manner, revealing an unexpected link between BDNF and PKM?. ..
- Liu S, Wang B, Jiang Y, Zhang T, Shi Z, Yang Y, et al. Atypical protein kinase C? (PKC?) promotes metastasis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by enhancing resistance to Anoikis via PKC?-SKP2-AKT pathway. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:390-402 pubmed publisher..031). Taken together, our data show that PKC? promotes tumorigenicity and metastasis of human esophageal cancer and that SKP2 is a candidate downstream effector of PKC? signaling in ESCC. ..
- Chen L, Meng Q, Jing X, Xu P, Luo D. A role for protein kinase C in the regulation of membrane fluidity and Ca²(+) flux at the endoplasmic reticulum and plasma membranes of HEK293 and Jurkat cells. Cell Signal. 2011;23:497-505 pubmed publisher..Thus, activation of PKC induces both translocation of PKC to the PM and ER membranes and downregulation of membrane fluidity, thereby negatively modulating Ca²(+) flux. ..
- Peng Y, Hu Y, Xu S, Feng N, Wang L, Wang X. L-3-n-butylphthalide regulates amyloid precursor protein processing by PKC and MAPK pathways in SK-N-SH cells over-expressing wild type human APP695. Neurosci Lett. 2011;487:211-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, PKC and MAPK inhibitors partially reduced L-NBP-induced ?APPs secretion. The results suggested alternative pharmacological mechanisms of L-NBP regarding the treatment of Alzheimer's disease (AD). ..
- Piao Y, Liang X, Yang N, Yin D, Zuo P. [Effect of Tujian decoction on protein kinase C activity in renal cortex in diabetic rat]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2004;29:685-9 pubmed..To investigate influence of administration of Tujian decoction (Chinese herbal medicine) on protein kinase C (PKC) activity, renal function and structure in diabetic rat kidney...
- Zhou J, Li C, Huo H, Kang X, Li L, Jiang N, et al. [Effect of guizhi decoction on PKA and PKC activities of hypothalamus in fever rats]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2006;31:66-9 pubmed..To investigate the changes of the activity of both protein kinase A and C and the mechanisms of antipyretic action of Guizhi decoction...
- Liu L, Zhao H, Zuo J, Ho S, Chan J, Meng Y, et al. Protein kinase Czeta mediates insulin-induced glucose transport through actin remodeling in L6 muscle cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2322-30 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that PKCzeta mediates insulin effect on glucose transport through actin remodeling in muscle cells. ..
- Wang C, LI Y, Zheng Y, Feng B, Liu Y, Cao J. Glucocorticoid decreases airway tone via a nongenomic pathway. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2012;183:10-4 pubmed publisher..It is likely that this nongenomic effect of glucocorticoid underlies the onset and susceptibility of asthma, implying novel medication target in clinical practice...
- Sun H, Du W, Li Y, Zuo J, Wu G, Shen Y, et al. [Linkage disequilibrium analysis of the single nucleotide polymorphisms in the PRKCZ gene]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2002;24:474-80 pubmed..The haplotype formed by 5 SNPs in the PRKCZ gene may be associated with type 2 diabetes in Han population of China, which is confirmed from statistics to be a susceptibility gene for the disease. ..
- Zhang H, Kong W, Shan Y, Song D, Li Y, Wang Y, et al. Protein kinase D activation stimulates the transcription of the insulin receptor gene. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;330:25-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the PKD family is involved in the transcriptional regulation of the InsR gene; we consider it to be a potential new target to discover drugs for sugar-related disorders in the future. ..
- Yin D, Huang Y, Zhu Y, Wang Y. Both the establishment and maintenance of neuronal polarity require the activity of protein kinase D in the Golgi apparatus. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8832-43 pubmed publisher..Instead, PKD regulates neuronal polarity through its activity in the Golgi apparatus. These data reveal a novel mechanism regulating neuronal polarity in the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Li W, Hou L, Hua Z, Wang X. Interleukin-1beta induces beta-calcitonin gene-related peptide secretion in human type II alveolar epithelial cells. FASEB J. 2004;18:1603-5 pubmed..These results suggest that AEII-derived CGRP may act in an autocrine/paracrine mode and play an important inhibitory role in the local area in lung inflammatory diseases. ..
- Yang Y, Chu J, Luo M, Wu Y, Zhang Y, Feng Y, et al. Amplification of PRKCI, located in 3q26, is associated with lymph node metastasis in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2008;47:127-36 pubmed..004). Our results indicate that PRKCI is an attractive target in the 3q26 amplicon and that it may serve as a molecular marker for metastasis and occult advanced tumor stages in ESCC. ..