Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: protein binding
Publications652 found, 100 shown here
- Dou S, Wang P, Xu H, Xi X. The DNA binding properties of the Escherichia coli RecQ helicase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6354-63 pubmed..5 mM AMPPNP, whereas both AMPPNP and ADP had no detectable effect on double-stranded DNA binding over a large range of nucleotide cofactor concentrations. ..
- Xia X, Wang G, Peng Y, Jen J. Cys351 and Cys361 of the Na+/glucose cotransporter are important for both function and cell-surface expression. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;438:63-9 pubmed..Furthermore, we showed that a double mutation (C351A/C361A) restored the cell-surface expression of the single C-to-A mutants (C351A and C361A). ..
- Peng L, Jin G, Wang L, Guo J, Meng L, Shou C. Identification of integrin alpha1 as an interacting protein of protein tyrosine phosphatase PRL-3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:179-83 pubmed..Our present discovery will provide new clues for elucidating the molecular mechanism of PRL-3 in promoting cancer invasion and metastasis. ..
- Zhang T, Sun Y, Tian E, Deng H, Zhang Y, Luo X, et al. RNA-binding proteins SOP-2 and SOR-1 form a novel PcG-like complex in C. elegans. Development. 2006;133:1023-33 pubmed..Surprisingly, homologs of SOR-1 and SOP-2 are not found in other organisms, including the congeneric species C. briggsae, suggesting an unexpected lack of evolutionary constraint on an essential global gene regulatory system. ..
- Liu J, Wang Z, Wang X, Tang Q, An X, Gui L, et al. Crystal structure of human dynein light chain Dnlc2A: structural insights into the interaction with IC74. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;349:1125-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the two holes would be the key sites to interact with IC74. ..
- Wen J, Xia Q, Wang C, Liu W, Chen Y, Gao J, et al. Dok-5 is involved in cardiomyocyte differentiation through PKB/FOXO3a pathway. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;47:761-9 pubmed publisher..Dok-5 is involved in cardiomyocyte differentiation by a PI3K/PKB/FOXO3a signaling pathway. ..
- Wang F, Mei Z, Qi Y, Yan C, Hu Q, Wang J, et al. Structure and mechanism of the hexameric MecA-ClpC molecular machine. Nature. 2011;471:331-5 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for related Clp/Hsp100 molecular machines. ..
- Jin R, Sun Y, Qi X, Zhang H, Zhang Y, Li N, et al. E2F1 is involved in DNA single-strand break repair through cell-cycle-dependent upregulation of XRCC1 expression. DNA Repair (Amst). 2011;10:926-33 pubmed publisher..The regulation of XRCC1 by E2F1 during cell-cycle-dependent SSBR might be an important aspect for practical consideration for resolving the problem of drug resistance in tumor chemotherapies. ..
- Xu X, Chen X, Li Y, Cao H, Shi C, Guan S, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 regulated by the nuclear factor-?B pathway plays an important role in endometrial breakdown in a female mouse menstrual-like model. Endocrinology. 2013;154:2900-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that NF?B/COX-2-induced PGs regulate leukocyte influx, leading to endometrial breakdown. ..
- Qu M, Rappas M, Wardlaw C, Garcia V, Ren J, Day M, et al. Phosphorylation-dependent assembly and coordination of the DNA damage checkpoint apparatus by Rad4(TopBP1). Mol Cell. 2013;51:723-736 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the simultaneous interaction of a single Rad4(TopBP1) molecule with both Thr187 phosphorylation sites in a Crb2(53BP1) dimer is essential for establishing the DNA damage checkpoint. ..
- Yin S, Sy M, Yang H, Tien P. Interaction of Doppel with the full-length laminin receptor precursor protein. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004;428:165-9 pubmed..Our results may have implications for the molecular mechanisms of Dpl-PrPc antagonism and physiological roles of Dpl. ..
- Wang R, Wang Y, Wu L, Zhang X, Chen L. Analysis on multi-domain cooperation for predicting protein-protein interactions. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:391 pubmed..Supplementary information and software are provided in http://intelligent.eic.osaka-sandai.ac.jp/chenen/MDCinfer.htm and http://zhangroup.aporc.org/bioinfo/MDCinfer. ..
- Wang X, Zhang Z, Perrett S. Characterization of the activity and folding of the glutathione transferase from Escherichia coli and the roles of residues Cys(10) and His(106). Biochem J. 2009;417:55-64 pubmed publisher..Further, tryptophan quenching experiments indicate that a mixed disulfide is formed between the free thiol group of Cys(10) and the substrate, glutathione. ..
- Fan R, Peng C, Xu Y, Wang X, Li Y, Shang Y, et al. Apple sucrose transporter SUT1 and sorbitol transporter SOT6 interact with cytochrome b5 to regulate their affinity for substrate sugars. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:1880-901 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel mechanism by which the plant cells tailor sugar uptake to the surrounding sugar availability...
- Zhang Z, Guo L, Guo A, Xu H, Tang J, Guo X, et al. In vitro lectin-mediated selection and characterization of rHuEPO-?-binding ssDNA aptamers. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:8016-25 pubmed publisher..Aptamer 807-39nt also exhibited a specific recognition for human bladder carcinoma cells and human urothelium tumors, which might provide a novel way to probe such tumors with overexpressed EPOs. ..
- Shi Y, Qi J, Iwamoto A, Gao G. Plasticity of human CD8?? binding to peptide-HLA-A*2402. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:2198-202 pubmed publisher..The plasticity of CD8 binding appears not to affect the specificity of TCR recognition, as no peptide conformation change extends to the pMHC interface for TCR contacting. ..
- Xi P, Zhou L, Wang M, Liu J, Cong Y. Serine/threonine-protein phosphatase 2A physically interacts with human telomerase reverse transcriptase hTERT and regulates its subcellular distribution. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:409-17 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations suggest that PP2A regulates hTERT subcellular localization, in addition to its inhibitory effects on telomerase activity. ..
- Zhang X, Lu G, Qi J, Li Y, He Y, Xu X, et al. Structure of measles virus hemagglutinin bound to its epithelial receptor nectin-4. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:67-72 pubmed publisher..Finally, a hydrophobic pocket centered in the ?4-?5 groove is involved in binding to all three identified measles virus receptors, representing a potential target for antiviral drugs...
- He G, Zhang A, Liu W, Yan Y. Distinct roles of the R3H and RRM domains in poly(A)-specific ribonuclease structural integrity and catalysis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1834:1089-98 pubmed publisher..The multiple RNA-binding domain architecture endows PARN the property of highly efficient catalysis in a highly processive mode. ..
- Jiang Y, Li H, Zhu L, Zhou J, Perrett S. Amyloid nucleation and hierarchical assembly of Ure2p fibrils. Role of asparagine/glutamine repeat and nonrepeat regions of the prion domains. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:3361-9 pubmed..The results imply a role of the conserved region in both amyloid nucleation and formation of the binding surface recognized by ThT. Further, Ure2 amyloid formation is a multistep process via a series of fibrillar intermediates. ..
- Li H, Mao T, Zhang Z, Yuan M. The AtMAP65-1 cross-bridge between microtubules is formed by one dimer. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:866-74 pubmed
- Wang L, Li B, Lu X, Zhao Q, Li Y, Ge D, et al. A functional intronic variant in the tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) gene confers risk of essential hypertension in the Northern Chinese Han population. Clin Sci (Lond). 2008;115:151-8 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence for an association of the functional intronic rs2070762 with essential hypertension. ..
- Cai X, Xiao T, James S, Da J, Lin D, Liu Y, et al. Metastatic potential of lung squamous cell carcinoma associated with HSPC300 through its interaction with WAVE2. Lung Cancer. 2009;65:299-305 pubmed publisher..7% of primary tumours with lymph node metastases. We hypothesize that HSPC300 is associated with metastatic potential of lung squamous cell carcinoma through its interaction with WAVE2. ..
- Huo Y, Hu Z, Zhang K, Wang L, Zhai Y, Zhou Q, et al. Crystal structure of group II chaperonin in the open state. Structure. 2010;18:1270-9 pubmed publisher..Structural comparison as well as protease K digestion indicated only ATP binding without hydrolysis does not induce chamber closure of thermosome...
- Liu L, Su Z, Xin S, Cheng J, Li J, Xu L, et al. The calcineurin B subunit (CnB) is a new ligand of integrin ?M that mediates CnB-induced Apo2L/TRAIL expression in macrophages. J Immunol. 2012;188:238-47 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel function of the CnB in innate immunity and cancer surveillance. They also point to a new signaling pathway leading to induction of TRAIL and suggest a possible application of CnB in cancer therapy. ..
- Wang J, Zeng Q, Chen L, Du J, Yan X, Yuan H, et al. SPINDLIN1 promotes cancer cell proliferation through activation of WNT/TCF-4 signaling. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:326-35 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that SPINDLIN1, which may be a novel substrate of the Aurora-A kinase, promotes cancer cell growth through WNT/TCF-4 signaling activation. ..
- Wang X. Structural studies of GDNF family ligands with their receptors-Insights into ligand recognition and activation of receptor tyrosine kinase RET. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1834:2205-12 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Emerging recognition and activation mechanisms of receptor tyrosine kinases. ..
- Wang X, Xu F, Liu J, Gao B, Liu Y, Zhai Y, et al. Atomic model of rabbit hemorrhagic disease virus by cryo-electron microscopy and crystallography. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003132 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a reliable, pseudo-atomic model of a Lagovirus and suggests a new candidate for an efficient vaccine that can be used to protect rabbits from RHDV infection...
- Gong W, Wang J, Perrett S, Feng Y. Retinoblastoma-binding protein 1 has an interdigitated double Tudor domain with DNA binding activity. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4882-95 pubmed publisher..Our results provide further insights into the structure and function of RBBP1. ..
- Wang H, Ni H, Han S, Xu W, Wang J, Yuan B, et al. The Promotion of Neural Regeneration in A Rat Facial Nerve Crush Injury Model Using Collagen-Binding NT-3. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:578-585 pubmed..The results suggest that CBD-NT-3 considerably enhances facial nerve regeneration and functional recovery. ..
- Chen H, Cai S, Zhao H, Peng J, Pang X, Zhu J, et al. Expression of the MAGE-1 gene in human hepatocellular carcinomas. Chin Med J (Engl). 2000;113:1112-8 pubmed..This study shows that MAGE-1 mRNA is highly expressed in HCC tumor tissue in Chinese patients. Previously unreported point mutations in the MAGE-1 gene are described and may also provide additional opportunities for immunotherapy. ..
- Xu Y, Lou Z, Liu Y, Pang H, Tien P, Gao G, et al. Crystal structure of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike protein fusion core. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49414-9 pubmed..The relatively deep grooves on the surface of the central coiled coil will be a good target site for the design of viral fusion inhibitors. ..
- Ni L, Zhao L, Qian Y, Zhu J, Jin Z, Chen Y, et al. Design and characterization of human respiratory syncytial virus entry inhibitors. Antivir Ther. 2005;10:833-40 pubmed..Our results suggest that these rationally designed protein inhibitors could serve as a new class of anti-hRSV agents. ..
- You Y, Li W, Yin B, Peng X. [ShcD interacts with TrkC through its PTB and SH2 domains]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2009;31:720-3 pubmed publisher..ShcD colocalized with TrkC throughout the cytoplasm and in the plasma membrane in 293T cells. ShcD binds to TrkC in a kinase-activity-dependent manner through its PTB and SH2 domains. ..
- Li D, Zhang N, Hou Y, Huang Y, Hu Y, Zhang Y, et al. Crystal structures of the transcriptional repressor RolR reveals a novel recognition mechanism between inducer and regulator. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19529 pubmed publisher..Based on these structural and other functional investigations, it is proposed that RolR may represent a new subfamily of TetR proteins that are invovled in aromatic degradation and sharing common recognition mode as for RolR. ..
- Zhang X, Zhao X, Zhang Y, Niu S, Qu F, Zhang Y, et al. N-terminal basic amino acid residues of Beet black scorch virus capsid protein play a critical role in virion assembly and systemic movement. Virol J. 2013;10:200 pubmed publisher..This study represents the first in-depth investigation of the role of basic amino acid residues within the N-terminus of a necroviral CP...
- Zhao Y, Jin M, Ma J, Zhang S, Li W, Chen Y, et al. Inhibition effect of enteropeptidase on RANKL-RANK signalling by cleavage of RANK. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:2958-64 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to prove that the RANKL-RANK signalling pathway can be inhibited by cleavage of RANK instead of targeting RANKL. ..
- Wang X, Lu G, Li L, Yi J, Yan K, Wang Y, et al. HUWE1 interacts with BRCA1 and promotes its degradation in the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:290-5 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that HUWE1 is a critical negative regulator of BRCA1 and suggest a new molecular mechanism for breast cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Cong H, Jiang Y, Tien P. Identification of the myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein as a cellular receptor for rubella virus. J Virol. 2011;85:11038-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study has identified a cellular receptor for RV and suggests that blocking the MOG attachment site of RV may be a strategy for molecular intervention of RV infection...
- Li X, Liu X, Lou Z, Duan X, Wu H, Liu Y, et al. Crystal structure of human coactosin-like protein at 1.9 A resolution. Protein Sci. 2004;13:2845-51 pubmed..Based on our structural analysis, we observed that CLP forms a polymer along the crystallographic b axis with the exact same repeat distance as F-actin. A model for the CLP polymer and F-actin binding has therefore been proposed. ..
- Wang C, Yang G, Luo Z, Ding H. In vitro selection of high-affinity DNA aptamers for streptavidin. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:335-40 pubmed..The method described in the study is also generally applicable to target molecules other than streptavidin. ..
- Li S, Shi Q, Liu G, Zhang W, Wang Z, Wang Y, et al. Mechanism of platelet functional changes and effects of anti-platelet agents on in vivo hemostasis under different gravity conditions. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;108:1241-9 pubmed publisher..The results with anti-platelet agents not only further confirm the activation of platelets in vivo but also suggest a therapeutic potential for hypergravity-induced thrombotic diseases. ..
- Zhou X, Zeng K, Wang Q, Yang X, Wang K. In vitro studies on dissolved substance of cinnabar: chemical species and biological properties. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;131:196-202 pubmed publisher..Mercuric polysulfides, as the major dissolved components, may serve as the active species of cinnabar exhibiting pharmacological and/or toxicological effects. ..
- Gao X, Wang Q, Li W, Yang B, Song H, Ju W, et al. Identification of nucleolar and coiled-body phosphoprotein 1 (NOLC1) minimal promoter regulated by NF-?B and CREB. BMB Rep. 2011;44:70-5 pubmed publisher..Mutagenesis and overexpression assays revealed that NF-?B and CREB positively regulated the NOLC1 promoter. These findings may provide new insight into the mechanisms that regulate NOLC1 expression. ..
- Wei Y, Han C, Zhou J, Liu Y, Chen L, He R. D-ribose in glycation and protein aggregation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:488-94 pubmed publisher..This review may be a useful reference for studies on the pharmacokinetics of D-ribose action. ..
- Wu J, Zhang Y, Wang Y, Kong R, Hu L, Schuele R, et al. Transcriptional repressor NIR functions in the ribosome RNA processing of both 40S and 60S subunits. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31692 pubmed publisher..Our findings also suggested that a nucleolar protein may alternatively signal to p53 by affecting the p53 modification rather than affecting p53 protein level. ..
- Lu Q, Ren S, Lu M, Zhang Y, Zhu D, Zhang X, et al. Computational prediction of associations between long non-coding RNAs and proteins. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:651 pubmed publisher..The ability of predicting the associations between lncRNAs and proteins has also been enhanced. Our method provides an idea on how to integrate different information into the prediction process. ..
- Wu Y, Bi Y, Vavricka C, Sun X, Zhang Y, Gao F, et al. Characterization of two distinct neuraminidases from avian-origin human-infecting H7N9 influenza viruses. Cell Res. 2013;23:1347-55 pubmed publisher..This implies that oseltamivir can still be efficiently used in the treatment of H7N9 infections. ..
- Li Z, Wang Y, Xu M, Jiang T. Crystal structures of the UBX domain of human UBXD7 and its complex with p97 ATPase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:94-100 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, UBXD7 may have a cooperative effect on p97 interaction with UFD1. Together, these results provide structural and biochemical insights into the interaction between p97NTD and UBXD7UBX. ..
- Zhang Z, Bish L, HOLTZER H, Sweeney H. Sarcomeric-alpha-actinin defective in vinculin-binding causes Z-line expansion and nemaline-like body formation in cultured chick myotubes. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:748-59 pubmed publisher..Hence, we have defined a critical region of s-alpha-actinin that affects the width and integrity of the Z-line. This region is at least involved in the interaction with vinculin. ..
- Zhang W, Shi Y, Lu X, Shu Y, Qi J, Gao G. An airborne transmissible avian influenza H5 hemagglutinin seen at the atomic level. Science. 2013;340:1463-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the mutant HA possessed low affinities for both avian and human receptors. Our findings provide a structural and biophysical basis for the H5N1 adaptation to acquire human, but maintain avian, receptor-binding properties. ..
- Mai T, Wang X, Zhang Z, Xin D, Na Y, Guo Y. Androgen receptor coregulator ARA267-alpha interacts with death receptor-6 revealed by the yeast two-hybrid. Sci China C Life Sci. 2004;47:442-8 pubmed..Our finding implied that androgen signaling pathway might cross talk with apoptosis signaling pathway through the interaction between ARA267-alpha and DR6. ..
- Zhang L, Tie Y, Tian C, Xing G, Song Y, Zhu Y, et al. CKIP-1 recruits nuclear ATM partially to the plasma membrane through interaction with ATM. Cell Signal. 2006;18:1386-95 pubmed..Our data provide the first evidence that ATM, a predominantly nuclear kinase, could be relocalized to the plasma membrane by CKIP-1 and shed new light on the multi-functional CKIP-1. ..
- Qin S, Yu L, Gao Y, Zhou R, Zhang C. Characterization of the receptors for axon guidance factor netrin-4 and identification of the binding domains. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;34:243-50 pubmed..In addition, there are novel receptors for netrin-4, where both LNT and NCT but not EGFL are key domains for binding. ..
- Wang Y, Zheng Y, Luo F, Fan X, Chen J, Zhang C, et al. KCTD10 interacts with proliferating cell nuclear antigen and its down-regulation could inhibit cell proliferation. J Cell Biochem. 2009;106:409-13 pubmed publisher..In A549 cells, KCTD10 down-regulation could inhibit cell proliferation, but its over-expression could not influence cell proliferation. The results suggest that KCTD10 may be associated with DNA synthesis and cell proliferation. ..
- Ning D, Wang H, Zhuang Y. Induction of functional cytochrome P450 and its involvement in degradation of benzoic acid by Phanerochaete chrysosporium. Biodegradation. 2010;21:297-308 pubmed publisher..The extracellular ligninolytic enzymes, lignin peroxidase and manganese-dependent peroxidase, were not involved in initial metabolism of benzoic acid under the test conditions. ..
- Li L, Wang J, Hou J, Wu Z, Zhuang Y, Lu M, et al. Cdk1 interplays with Oct4 to repress differentiation of embryonic stem cells into trophectoderm. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:4100-7 pubmed publisher..This regulation is independent of Cyclins and of the kinase activity of Cdk1. Our study explains how Cdk1 and Oct4 interplay to inhibit ES cell differentiation into trophectoderm and thereby maintain stemness. ..
- Hu Y, Li Y, Zhang X, Guo X, Xia B, Jin C. Solution structures and backbone dynamics of a flavodoxin MioC from Escherichia coli in both Apo- and Holo-forms: implications for cofactor binding and electron transfer. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:35454-66 pubmed..Furthermore, the backbone dynamics studies reveal the conformational flexibility at different time scales for both apo- and holo-forms of MioC, which may play important roles for cofactor binding and electron transfer. ..
- Jia Y, Yang J, Pan C, Geng B, Zhang J, Xiao Y, et al. Intermedin1-53 protects the heart against isoproterenol-induced ischemic injury in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;549:117-23 pubmed..These results suggest that the intermedin receptor system was up-regulated in isoproterenol-induced myocardial ischemic injury and intermedin1-53 might play a pivotal cardioprotective role in such injury. ..
- Kong J, Shen J, Huang Y, Ruan R, Xiang B, Zheng X, et al. [Development of a yeast two-hybrid screen for selection of A/H1N1 influenza NS1 non-structural protein and human CPSF30 protein interaction inhibitors]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2010;45:388-94 pubmed..The four of more than thirty identified Chinese medicines, including 'Shuanghuanglian oral liquid', showed the strong inhibition of the NS1-CPSF30 interaction. ..
- Wang Z, Liu X, Zhao Z, Xu C, Zhang K, Chen C, et al. Cyclophilin E functions as a negative regulator to influenza virus replication by impairing the formation of the viral ribonucleoprotein complex. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22625 pubmed publisher..The data presented here will help us to better understand the molecular mechanisms of host restriction barriers, host adaptation, and tissue tropism of influenza A virus. ..
- Li Y, Li L, Fan R, Peng C, Sun H, Zhu S, et al. Arabidopsis sucrose transporter SUT4 interacts with cytochrome b5-2 to regulate seed germination in response to sucrose and glucose. Mol Plant. 2012;5:1029-41 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that the sucrose transporter SUT4 interacts with Cyb5 to positively mediate sucrose and glucose signaling in the sucrose/glucose-induced inhibition of seed germination. ..
- Sun X, Shi Y, Lu X, He J, Gao F, Yan J, et al. Bat-derived influenza hemagglutinin H17 does not bind canonical avian or human receptors and most likely uses a unique entry mechanism. Cell Rep. 2013;3:769-78 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that H17 is unique among characterized HAs and that the bat-derived influenza virus may use a different entry mechanism compared to canonical influenza viruses. ..
- Li Z, Xu Z, Chen Y, He G, Yang G, Chen M, et al. A novel role for Arabidopsis CBL1 in affecting plant responses to glucose and gibberellin during germination and seedling development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56412 pubmed publisher..CBL1 protein physically interacted with AKIN?1, the regulatory ? subunit of the SnRK1 complex which has a central role in sugar signaling. Our results indicate a novel role for CBL1 in modulating responses to glucose and GA signals. ..
- Wei Y, Diao L, Lu S, Wang H, Suo F, Dong M, et al. SUMO-Targeted DNA Translocase Rrp2 Protects the Genome from Top2-Induced DNA Damage. Mol Cell. 2017;66:581-596.e6 pubmed publisher..The budding yeast homolog of Rrp2, Uls1, plays a similar role, indicating that this genome protection mechanism is widely employed, a finding with implications for cancer treatment. ..
- Sun X, Zhang H, Wang D, Ma D, Shen Y, Shang Y. DLP, a novel Dim1 family protein implicated in pre-mRNA splicing and cell cycle progression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32839-47 pubmed..Collectively, our experiments indicated that DLP is implicated in not only cell cycle progression but also in a more specific molecular process such as pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Wang S, Chen Y, Sun Z, Zhou Q, Sui S. Escherichia coli CorA periplasmic domain functions as a homotetramer to bind substrate. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26813-20 pubmed..The CorA PPD structure described here may provide structural information for the E. coli CorA functional oligomeric state. ..
- Zhang S, Fei T, Zhang L, Zhang R, Chen F, Ning Y, et al. Smad7 antagonizes transforming growth factor beta signaling in the nucleus by interfering with functional Smad-DNA complex formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4488-99 pubmed..Finally, we provide evidence that Smad7 disrupts the formation of the TGF-beta-induced functional Smad-DNA complex. Our findings suggest that Smad7 inhibits TGF-beta signaling in the nucleus by a novel mechanism. ..
- Zheng B, Zhang Q, Gao J, Han H, Li M, Zhang J, et al. Insight into the interaction of metal ions with TroA from Streptococcus suis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19510 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism for uptake of metal ions in S. suis and this mechanism provides a reasonable explanation as to how SsTroA operates in metal transport. ..
- Du W, Lin H, Chen S, Wu Y, Zhang J, Fuglsang A, et al. Phosphorylation of SOS3-like calcium-binding proteins by their interacting SOS2-like protein kinases is a common regulatory mechanism in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:2235-43 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that SCaBP phosphorylation by their interacting PKS kinases is a critical component of the SCaBP-PKS regulatory pathway in Arabidopsis. ..
- Mao B, Zhao G, Lv X, Chen H, Xue Z, Yang B, et al. Sirt1 deacetylates c-Myc and promotes c-Myc/Max association. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:1573-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate the positive effect of Sirt1 on c-Myc activity by efficiently enhancing c-Myc/Max association in human leukemia cell line K562, suggesting a potential role of Sirt1 in tumorigenesis. ..
- Zhang F, Shen G, Liu X, Wang F, Zhao Y, Zhang J. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1-mediated human GATA1 induction promotes erythroid differentiation under hypoxic conditions. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:1889-99 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that HIF1-mediated GATA1 up-regulation promotes erythropoiesis in order to satisfy the needs of an organism under hypoxic conditions. ..
- Wang J, Wang Y, Liu J, Ding L, Zhang Q, Li X, et al. A critical role of N-myc and STAT interactor (Nmi) in foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) 2C-induced apoptosis. Virus Res. 2012;170:59-65 pubmed publisher..These findings may help to further understand the molecular mechanism of pathogenesis of FMDV infection. ..
- Wang Y, Nie J, Wang Y, Zhang L, Lu K, Xing G, et al. CKIP-1 couples Smurf1 ubiquitin ligase with Rpt6 subunit of proteasome to promote substrate degradation. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:1004-11 pubmed publisher..Depletion of CKIP-1 reduces the degradation of Smurf1 and its substrates by Rpt6. These findings reveal an unexpected adaptor role of CKIP-1 in coupling the ubiquitin ligase and the proteasome. ..
- Zhang J, Chen Y, Qi J, Gao F, Liu Y, Liu J, et al. Narrow groove and restricted anchors of MHC class I molecule BF2*0401 plus peptide transporter restriction can explain disease susceptibility of B4 chickens. J Immunol. 2012;189:4478-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, a combination of the specificities of the polymorphic TAP and the MHC results in a very limited set of BF2*0401 peptides with negatively charged anchors to be presented to T lymphocytes. ..
- Tian W, Qu L, Meng L, Liu C, Wu J, Shou C. Phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 directly interacts with integrin ?1 and regulates its phosphorylation at tyrosine 783. BMC Biochem. 2012;13:22 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed a direct interaction between PRL-3 and integrin ?1 and characterized Y783 of integrin ?1 as a bona fide substrate of PRL-3, which is negatively regulated by integrin ?1. ..
- Wang Z, Wu Y, Li L, Su X. Intermolecular recognition revealed by the complex structure of human CLOCK-BMAL1 basic helix-loop-helix domains with E-box DNA. Cell Res. 2013;23:213-24 pubmed publisher..We propose that BMAL1 Ser78 should be a key residue mediating input signal-regulated transcriptional inhibition for external cues to entrain the circadian clock by kinase cascade. ..
- Su W, Fang J, Cheng F, Liu C, Zhou F, Zhang J. RNF2/Ring1b negatively regulates p53 expression in selective cancer cell types to promote tumor development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:1720-5 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that RNF2 is an E3 ligase for p53 degradation in selective cells, implicating RNF2 as a therapeutic target to restore tumor suppression through p53 in certain tumor cells. ..
- Wang W, Guo Q, Shtykova E, Liu G, Xu J, Teng M, et al. Structural peculiarities of the (MHF1-MHF2)4 octamer provide a long DNA binding patch to anchor the MHF-FANCM complex to chromatin: a solution SAXS study. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:2912-7 pubmed publisher..In combination with crystallographic data, the results of the SAXS study reveal that a long, positively charged patch exposed on the surface of the MHF complex plays a critical role in double-stranded DNA (dsDNA) binding. ..
- Guo Y, Lee C, So K, Gao J, Yeung W, Yao Y, et al. Soluble human leukocyte antigen-g5 activates extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase signaling and stimulates trophoblast invasion. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76023 pubmed publisher..Taken together, HLA-G5 induced trophoblast invasion by binding to KIR2DL4 and LILRB1, by increasing uPA and MMPs expressions and by activating the ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Hua T, Vemuri K, Pu M, Qu L, Han G, Wu Y, et al. Crystal Structure of the Human Cannabinoid Receptor CB1. Cell. 2016;167:750-762.e14 pubmed publisher..This enhances our understanding of the molecular basis for the physiological functions of CB1 and provides new opportunities for the design of next-generation CB1-targeting pharmaceuticals. ..