Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plant roots in Beijing, China
Locale: Beijing, China
Topic: plant roots
Publications414 found, 100 shown here
- Zhao M, Tai H, Sun S, Zhang F, Xu Y, Li W. Cloning and characterization of maize miRNAs involved in responses to nitrogen deficiency. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29669 pubmed publisher..Because maize is not only an important crop but is also a genetic model for basic biological research, our research contributes to the understanding of the regulatory roles of miRNAs in plant adaption to N-deficiency stress. ..
- Liang Y, Wang X, Hong S, Li Y, Zuo J. Deletion of the initial 45 residues of ARR18 induces cytokinin response in Arabidopsis. J Genet Genomics. 2012;39:37-46 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that the initial 45 residues are critical for the inhibitory role of the receiver domain to the effector domain in ARR18. ..
- Feng Z, Zhan Z, Yang Y, Jiang J, Zhang P. New heterocyclic compounds from Ranunculus ternatus Thunb. Bioorg Chem. 2017;74:10-14 pubmed publisher..Notably, compounds 1-3 are rarely occurring furfural fructosides in natural sources. These heterocyclic compounds could be further studied for the synthetic chemists and pharmacologists due to the source and structural properties. ..
- Xu J, Wang L, Xu B. [Research development of Coptis chinensis]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2004;26:704-7 pubmed..To summarize the research and application of ecological planting technique for Coptis chinensis, and describe the recent development of its chemical components, pharmacological effects and clinical applications...
- Wang L, Hua D, He J, Duan Y, Chen Z, Hong X, et al. Auxin Response Factor2 (ARF2) and its regulated homeodomain gene HB33 mediate abscisic acid response in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002172 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ARF2 and HB33 are novel regulators in the ABA signal pathway, which has crosstalk with auxin signal pathway in regulating plant growth. ..
- Yi K, Guo C, Chen D, Zhao B, Yang B, Ren H. Cloning and functional characterization of a formin-like protein (AtFH8) from Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:1071-82 pubmed
- Duan K, Li L, Hu P, Xu S, Xu Z, Xue H. A brassinolide-suppressed rice MADS-box transcription factor, OsMDP1, has a negative regulatory role in BR signaling. Plant J. 2006;47:519-31 pubmed
- Wang L, Xu Y, Ma Q, Li D, Xu Z, Chong K. Heterotrimeric G protein alpha subunit is involved in rice brassinosteroid response. Cell Res. 2006;16:916-22 pubmed..Our results show that RGA is involved in rice brassinosteroid response, which may be beneficial to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of G protein signaling and provide a novel perspective to understand BR signaling in higher plants. ..
- Liu L, Jiang C, Liu X, Wu J, Han J, Liu S. Plant-microbe association for rhizoremediation of chloronitroaromatic pollutants with Comamonas sp. strain CNB-1. Environ Microbiol. 2007;9:465-73 pubmed..This microbial community was not significantly influenced by inoculation of strain CNB-1. Thus, this study has developed a Comamonas-alfalfa system for rhizoremediation of 4CNB...
- Zhang J, Peng Y, Guo Z. Constitutive expression of pathogen-inducible OsWRKY31 enhances disease resistance and affects root growth and auxin response in transgenic rice plants. Cell Res. 2008;18:508-21 pubmed..These results also suggest that OsWRKY31 might be a common component in the signal transduction pathways of the auxin response and the defense response in rice. ..
- Bao L, Wang M, Zhao F, Zhao Y, Liu H. Two new resorcinol derivatives with strong cytotoxicity from the roots of Ardisia brevicaulis Diels. Chem Biodivers. 2010;7:2901-7 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1-4 showed cytotoxic activity against all cell lines stronger than that of cisplatin against A549...
- Liu G, Zhang Y, Chai T. Phytochelatin synthase of Thlaspi caerulescens enhanced tolerance and accumulation of heavy metals when expressed in yeast and tobacco. Plant Cell Rep. 2011;30:1067-76 pubmed publisher..Expression of TcPCS1 leading to increased Cd accumulation and enhanced metal tolerance, but the Cd contents were restrained by adding zinc in Saccharomyces cerevisiae transformants. ..
- Zhang T, Yang Y, Du G, Chen R. [Study on chemical constituents from the roots of Saussurea lappa]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2011;36:1620-2 pubmed..Compounds 1-4, 6-8 were isolated from the genus Saussurea for the first time, and compound 5 was isolated from this plant for the first time. ..
- Su D, Wang Y, Yu S, Yu D, Hu Y, Tang W, et al. Glucosides from the roots of Capparis tenera. Chem Biodivers. 2007;4:2852-62 pubmed..Most of these isolates were obtained for the first time from Capparidaceae. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of the new compounds were investigated. ..
- Wei W, Chai T, Zhang Y, Han L, Xu J, Guan Z. The Thlaspi caerulescens NRAMP homologue TcNRAMP3 is capable of divalent cation transport. Mol Biotechnol. 2009;41:15-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of TcNRAMP3 in tobacco resulted in slight Cd sensitivity of root growth and did not influence Ni resistance. These results suggested that TcNRAMP3 played a role in metal cation homeostasis in plant...
- Wu Y, Shang M, Cai S. [HPLC fingerprint of the components of Radix Angelicae Sinensis]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2008;43:728-32 pubmed..Our experiments suggested to maintain the active components, whole roots of Radix Angelicae Sinensis should be a better choice than prepared slices for medicine trade and the storage of Radix Angelicae Sinensis should be taken care of. ..
- Wang M, Shi B, Zhang Q, Ji Z, Wu W. A new aromatic triterpene from Euonymus japonicus. Nat Prod Res. 2009;23:617-21 pubmed publisher..A new aromatic triterpene was isolated from the root bark EtOAc extract of Euonymus japonicus Thunb, and its chemical structure was elucidated mainly by analysis of MS and NMR spectra...
- Yang Y, Qin Y, Xie C, Zhao F, Zhao J, Liu D, et al. The Arabidopsis chaperone J3 regulates the plasma membrane H+-ATPase through interaction with the PKS5 kinase. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1313-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that regulation of PM H(+)-ATPase activity by J3 takes place via inactivation of the PKS5 kinase. ..
- Wang F, Ma Y, Yang C, Zhao P, Yao Y, Jian G, et al. Proteomic analysis of the sea-island cotton roots infected by wilt pathogen Verticillium dahliae. Proteomics. 2011;11:4296-309 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this study is the first root proteomic analysis on cotton wilt resistance and provides important insights for establishing strategies to control this disease. ..
- He W, Li J, Peng P. A congeneric comparison shows that experimental warming enhances the growth of invasive Eupatorium adenophorum. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35681 pubmed publisher..chinense. These findings suggest that climate warming may enhance E. adenophorum invasions through increasing its growth and stress-tolerance, and that day-, night- and daily-warming may play different roles in this facilitation. ..
- Bai J, Chen H, Fang Z, Yu S, Ma S, Li Y, et al. Sesquiterpenes and neolignans from the roots of Illicium dunnianum. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2012;14:940-9 pubmed publisher..Compounds 7, 8, and 13-15 exhibited potent antioxidant activities against Fe²?-cystine-induced rat liver microsomal lipid peroxidation, with IC?? values ranging from 4.2 ± 0.4 to 38.4 ± 2.6 ?M. ..
- Sun L, Pei K, Wang F, Ding Q, Bing Y, Gao B, et al. Different distribution patterns between putative ercoid mycorrhizal and other fungal assemblages in roots of Rhododendron decorum in the Southwest of China. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49867 pubmed publisher..Our results contribute to understanding the roles of dispersal limitation, abiotic factors and biotic interactions in structuring fungal communities in plant roots...
- Zhao Y, Wang Y, Yang J, Liu D. [A study on the rotation of crops among Panax quinquefolium, Perilla frutescens and Coix lacryma-jobi]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2005;30:12-5 pubmed..To provide evidence for establishing an efficient method of growing Panax quinquefolium by rotation of crops...
- Wu C, Ma Q, Yam K, Cheung M, Xu Y, Han T, et al. In situ expression of the GmNMH7 gene is photoperiod-dependent in a unique soybean (Glycine max [L.] Merr.) flowering reversion system. Planta. 2006;223:725-35 pubmed..These results support the notion that the photoperiod sensitive GmNMH7 gene may play multiple roles in growth and development in soybean. ..
- Yang D, Cai S, Wang X, Yang W, Tani T, Yamaji S, et al. [Study on identification of wild and cultirated Radix Scutellariae in different growing years]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2005;30:1728-35 pubmed..Furthermore, the structure of annual rings in the transection of Radix Scutellariae has been discovered for the first time. ..
- Xing J, Jiang R, Ueno D, Ma J, Schat H, McGrath S, et al. Variation in root-to-shoot translocation of cadmium and zinc among different accessions of the hyperaccumulators Thlaspi caerulescens and Thlaspi praecox. New Phytol. 2008;178:315-25 pubmed publisher..Substantial natural variation exists in the root-to-shoot translocation of Cd and Zn, and root vacuolar sequestration may be an important factor related to this variation...
- Ren B, Liang Y, Deng Y, Chen Q, Zhang J, Yang X, et al. Genome-wide comparative analysis of type-A Arabidopsis response regulator genes by overexpression studies reveals their diverse roles and regulatory mechanisms in cytokinin signaling. Cell Res. 2009;19:1178-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that type-A ARR proteins are regulated by a combinatorial mechanism involving both the cytokinin and proteasome pathways, thereby executing distinctive functions in plant growth and development. ..
- Yang J, Liu Z, Wan X, Zheng G, Yang J, Zhang H, et al. Interaction between sulfur and lead in toxicity, iron plaque formation and lead accumulation in rice plant. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;128:206-12 pubmed publisher..However, excessive S supply could effectively decrease Pb availability in soils and reduce Pb accumulation in rice plants. ..
- Wei J, Li C, Li Y, Jiang G, Cheng G, Zheng Y. Effects of external potassium (k) supply on drought tolerances of two contrasting winter wheat cultivars. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69737 pubmed publisher..Internal K starvation may disorder plant metabolism and limit plant growth. However, it is seldom reported about the effects of external K on drought tolerance of contrasting wheat cultivars...
- Wang P, Qin H, Zhang L, Li Z, Wang Y, Zhu H. Steroids from the roots of Cynanchum stauntonii. Planta Med. 2004;70:1075-9 pubmed..The compound 1 showed dose-dependent relaxation on aortic rings with endothelium contracted by phenylepherine or KCl. ..
- Wang X, Xu Y, Han Y, Bao S, Du J, Yuan M, et al. Overexpression of RAN1 in rice and Arabidopsis alters primordial meristem, mitotic progress, and sensitivity to auxin. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:91-101 pubmed publisher..This article determines the function of RAN in plant development mediated by the cell cycle and its novel role in meristem initiation mediated by auxin signaling...
- Zhang H, Wang G, Bai C, Liu P, Liu Z, Liu Q, et al. A new eudesmane sesquiterpene glucoside from Liriope muscari fibrous roots. Molecules. 2011;16:9017-24 pubmed publisher..39 ?g/mL) also exhibited nematocidal activity against B. xylophilus. The crude extract of L. muscari fibrous roots exhibited nematocidal activity against the pine wood nematode with a LC(50) value of 182.56 ?g/mL...
- Tang W, Ji Q, Huang Y, Jiang Z, Bao M, Wang H, et al. FAR-RED ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL3 and FAR-RED IMPAIRED RESPONSE1 transcription factors integrate light and abscisic acid signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:857-66 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that FHY3 and FAR1 are positive regulators of ABA signaling and provide insight into the integration of light and ABA signaling, a process that may allow plants to better adapt to environmental stresses. ..
- Cheng H, Han L, Yang C, Wu X, Zhong N, Wu J, et al. The cotton MYB108 forms a positive feedback regulation loop with CML11 and participates in the defense response against Verticillium dahliae infection. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:1935-50 pubmed publisher..dahliae infection by interacting with GhCML11. Furthermore, the data also revealed the important roles and synergetic regulation of MYB transcription factor, Ca(2+), and calmodulin in plant immune responses. ..
- Lin H, Tao S, Zuo Q, Coveney R. Uptake of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by maize plants. Environ Pollut. 2007;148:614-9 pubmed..Bulk concentrations of contaminants in various plant tissues differed greatly, but these differences disappeared after normalization to lipid contents suggesting lipid-based partitioning of PAHs among maize tissues. ..
- Wang L, Li Z, Qian W, Guo W, Gao X, Huang L, et al. The Arabidopsis purple acid phosphatase AtPAP10 is predominantly associated with the root surface and plays an important role in plant tolerance to phosphate limitation. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:1283-99 pubmed publisher..Genetic manipulation of AtPAP10 expression may provide an effective means for engineering new crops with increased tolerance to Pi deprivation. ..
- Li X, Hou S, Gao Q, Zhao P, Chen S, Qi D, et al. LcSAIN1, a novel salt-induced gene from sheepgrass, confers salt stress tolerance in transgenic Arabidopsis and rice. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1172-85 pubmed publisher..The LcSAIN1 gene could be a potential resource for engineering salinity tolerance in important crop species. ..
- Zhuang P, Zhang G, Wang X, Zhang Y, Yu S, Ma S, et al. Novel sesquiterpenoid glycosides and sesquiterpenes from the roots of Illicium henryi. Planta Med. 2013;79:1453-60 pubmed publisher..Compound 1 was found to exhibit weak neurotoxicant activity. ..
- Huang X, Yu S, Liang X, Li N. A novel steroid from Tylophora atrofolliculata Metc. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2002;4:197-200 pubmed..A novel steroid, tylophoriside A, was isolated from Tylophora atrofolliculata Metc. The structure was elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic methods and X-ray diffraction. ..
- Zhao Y, Qu F, Xiao X, Liao Q, Wang J, Ma Y, et al. Thermodynamic study on antibacterial effect of different extracts from Radix Isatis. Chin J Integr Med. 2006;12:42-5 pubmed..E. extract. The antibacteriall effects of Radix Isatis were not limited to any active portion, showing that Radix Isatis exerts its antibacterial effects by cooperation of different active fractions in varied ways. ..
- Lin P, Li S, Wang S, Yang Y, Shi J. A nitrogen-containing 3-alkyl-1,4-benzoquinone and a gomphilactone derivative from Embelia ribes. J Nat Prod. 2006;69:1629-32 pubmed..Their structures were elucidated by means of spectroscopic methods. Cytotoxicities of the purified compounds were tested...
- Di H, Shi J, Yan X, Zhao R, Liu Y, Xiao P. [Study on quality specification of Rhizoma et Radix Valeriana Jatamansi]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2007;32:2357-9 pubmed..The qualitative and quantitative analysis of valtrate and acevaltrate by TLC and HPLC were preformed respectively. The established method can be used for the quality control of V. jatamans. ..
- He W, Feng Y, Ridenour W, Thelen G, Pollock J, Diaconu A, et al. Novel weapons and invasion: biogeographic differences in the competitive effects of Centaurea maculosa and its root exudate (+/-)-catechin. Oecologia. 2009;159:803-15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the regional composition of the plant communities being invaded by C. maculosa may be more important for invasive success than the evolution of increased size and competitive ability. ..
- Zhang T, Wang H, Du G, Chen R. [Study on chemical constituents from roots of Saussurea lappa]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2009;34:1223-4 pubmed..Compounds 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9 were isolated from the genus Saussurea for the first time. ..
- Lu S, Hu H, Sun Y, Yang J. [Study on the growth characteristics and root exudates of three wetlands plants at different culture conditions]. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2009;30:1901-5 pubmed..The results ofthis study also indicate that Canna indiea and Lythrum salicari are befitting wetlands plants...
- Luan Y, Wang B, Zhao Q, Ao G, Yu J. Ectopic expression of foxtail millet zip-like gene, SiPf40, in transgenic rice plants causes a pleiotropic phenotype affecting tillering, vascular distribution and root development. Sci China Life Sci. 2010;53:1450-8 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest that SiPf40 plays an important role in plant architecture. ..
- Wang W, Zhao X, Pan Y, Zhu L, Fu B, Li Z. DNA methylation changes detected by methylation-sensitive amplified polymorphism in two contrasting rice genotypes under salt stress. J Genet Genomics. 2011;38:419-24 pubmed publisher..This result may indicate that demethylation of genes is an active epigenetic response to salt stress in roots at the seedling stage, and helps to further elucidate the implications of DNA methylation in crop growth and development. ..
- Shang B, Xu C, Zhang X, Cao H, Xin W, Hu Y. Very-long-chain fatty acids restrict regeneration capacity by confining pericycle competence for callus formation in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:5101-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results identify VLCFAs or their derivatives as the confining signals for mediating the pericycle competence for callus formation and thus the regeneration capacity of plant organs. ..
- Wei J, Cheng H, Li K, Ding W, Xu Z, Chu Q. [Plant growth analysis of Bupleurum chinense]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2003;26:617-9 pubmed..Short cultivated history of B. chinense are still maintained some significant wild characteristics, so they don't accord with the demand of the objective gathering in the root. It may be resolved with artifical regulation and breeding. ..
- Jiang Y, Li S, Chang H, Wang Y, Tu P. Pressurized liquid extraction followed by high-performance liquid chromatography for determination of seven active compounds in Cortex Dictamni. J Chromatogr A. 2006;1108:268-72 pubmed..4-15.6 ng and 1.2-38.8 ng. This assay can be readily utilized as a quality control method for Cortex Dictamni and other related medicinal plants...
- Guo W, Zhu Y, Liu W, Liang Y, Geng C, Wang S. Is the effect of silicon on rice uptake of arsenate (AsV) related to internal silicon concentrations, iron plaque and phosphate nutrition?. Environ Pollut. 2007;148:251-7 pubmed..Although the addition of Si to pretreatment solutions still significantly decreased shoot and root As concentrations, the extent of reduction became smaller when rice roots were coated with iron plaque. ..
- Zhou S, Du G, Zhao Y, Cui H, Wang X, Li L, et al. [Study on transdifferentiation of renal tubular cells in rat chronic renal interstitial fibrosis induced by Radix Aristolochiae Fangchi Extract]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2006;31:1882-5 pubmed..Part of the renal tubular cells was transdifferentiated into myofibroblasts. Renal tubular cells may participate the occurance of chronic renal interstitial fibrosis, TGF-beta1 may accelerate the transdifferentiation of tubular cells. ..
- Chao Y, Kang J, Sun Y, Yang Q, Wang P, Wu M, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel gene encoding zinc finger protein from Medicago sativa L. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:2315-21 pubmed publisher..MsZFN was quickly and transiently induced by NaCl treatment and reached its maximum at 30 min. ..
- Liu N, Wang H, Liu M, Gu Q, Zheng W, Huang Y. Streptomyces alni sp. nov., a daidzein-producing endophyte isolated from a root of Alnus nepalensis D. Don. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2009;59:254-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore strain D65(T) represents a novel species of the genus Streptomyces, for which the name Streptomyces alni sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is D65(T) (=CGMCC 4.3510(T)=NRRL B-24611(T))...
- Zhang P, Ma Y, Zhang Z, He X, Guo Z, Tai R, et al. Comparative toxicity of nanoparticulate/bulk Yb?O? and YbCl? to cucumber (Cucumis sativus). Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:1834-41 pubmed publisher..Only under the nano-Yb(2)O(3) treatment, YbPO(4) deposits were found in the cytoplasm of root cells, so the phytotoxicity might also be attributed to the Yb internalized into the cells...
- Zhu X, Li Z, Xu H, Zhou M, Du L, Zhang Z. Overexpression of wheat lipid transfer protein gene TaLTP5 increases resistances to Cochliobolus sativus and Fusarium graminearum in transgenic wheat. Funct Integr Genomics. 2012;12:481-8 pubmed publisher..sativus or F. graminearum, all six transgenic lines overexpressing TaLTP5 exhibited significantly enhanced resistance to both common root rot and Fusarium head blight compared to the untransformed wheat Yangmai 18. ..
- Kong X, Liu C, Zhang C, Zhao J, Wang J, Wan H, et al. The suppressive effects of Saposhnikovia divaricata (Fangfeng) chromone extract on rheumatoid arthritis via inhibition of nuclear factor-?B and mitogen activated proteinkinases activation on collagen-induced arthritis model. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;148:842-50 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the anti-arthritic potential of SCE, and provide further evidence of the involvement of the NF-?B and MARKs inhibition in the effects of SCE. ..
- Wang S, Zhang Y, Zhang Q, Peng S, Shen C, Yu Y, et al. Content decline of SERCA inhibitors saikosaponin a and d attenuates cardiotoxicity and hepatotoxicity of vinegar-baked Radix bupleuri. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;52:129-137 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals how changes in chemical ingredients are connected to the toxicity of Chaihu during vinegar baking process and also provides a guidance for structure optimization to reduce drug induced toxicity. ..
- Liu W, Karemera N, Wu T, Yang Y, Zhang X, Xu X, et al. The ethylene response factor AtERF4 negatively regulates the iron deficiency response in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186580 pubmed publisher..In summary, AtERF4 plays an important role as a negative regulator of Fe deficiency responses, we hypothesize that AtERF4 may exert a balancing effect on plants subject to nutrition stress. ..
- Ma S, Tang W, Yu S, Chen X, Liu Y, Wang W, et al. Four new phenolic diglycosides from the roots of Illicium oligandrum. Carbohydr Res. 2011;346:1165-8 pubmed publisher..The structures of the new diglycosides were determined on the basis of HRMS, NMR spectroscopic, and chemical methods. The anti-inflammatory and cytotoxic activities for 1-7 were evaluated. ..
- Wei W, Wu X, Deng G, Yang X. Anti-inflammatory coumarins with short- and long-chain hydrophobic groups from roots of Angelica dahurica cv. Hangbaizhi. Phytochemistry. 2016;123:58-68 pubmed publisher..7 and 13.9 Î¼M, respectively, indicating their stronger inhibitory activity than l-N(6)-(1-iminoethyl)-lysine (IC50=23.7 Î¼M), a selective inhibitor of inducible nitric oxide synthase. ..
- Chen S, Liu J, Xiao H, Zhang J, Liu A. Simultaneous Qualitative Assessment and Quantitative Analysis of Metabolites (Phenolics, Nucleosides and Amino Acids) from the Roots of Fresh Gastrodia elata Using UPLC-ESI-Triple Quadrupole Ion MS and ESI- Linear Ion Trap High-Resolution MS. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150647 pubmed publisher..Principal metabolite content analysis and the composition of eight representative G. elata cultivars of various species indicated that geographic insulation was the main contributor to clustering. ..
- Li B, Li Y, Wu H, Zhang F, Li C, Li X, et al. Root exudates drive interspecific facilitation by enhancing nodulation and N2 fixation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:6496-501 pubmed publisher..These results indicate facilitative root-root interactions and provide a mechanism for a positive relationship between species diversity and ecosystem productivity. ..
- Chen X, Chen D, Si J, Tu G. Chemical constituents of Typhonium giganteum Engl. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2001;3:277-83 pubmed..The structure of 1 was determined to be 1-O-beta-D-glucopyranosyl-(2S,3S,4R,8Z)-2-[(2'-hydroxyl-docosanoyl)amino]-8-otadecene-1,3,4-triol on the basis of spectral data. ..
- Zhang Z, Guo D, Li C, Zheng J, Koike K, Jia Z, et al. [Determination of lignan glycosides in the roots of Gaultheria yunnanensis Rehd. by HPLC]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 1999;24:164-5, 191-2 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Lu Y, Zhang L, Zheng Q, Xu L, Yang S. Terpenoids from the roots and rhizomes of Nardostachys chinensis. J Nat Prod. 2005;68:1131-3 pubmed..The structures of the new compounds were established on the basis of their spectroscopic data, and the structure of 1 was confirmed by X-ray crystallographic analysis...
- Ren M, Chen Q, Li L, Zhang R, Guo S. Functional analysis of a reproductive organ predominant expressing promoter in cotton plants. Sci China C Life Sci. 2005;48:452-9 pubmed..The results showed that the arf1 promoter was a typical reproductive organ-specific promoter. Hopefully, the arf1 promoter can be a regulatory element for designing cotton reproductive organs with desired characteristics...
- Sun M, Gao L, Shi Y, Li B, Liu X. Fungi and actinomycetes associated with Meloidogyne spp. eggs and females in China and their biocontrol potential. J Invertebr Pathol. 2006;93:22-8 pubmed..They reduced tomato root gall index by 13.4-58.9% compared to the no treatment control. ..
- Zhao Y, Xiao X, Liao Q, Wang J, Ma Y, Yan D, et al. [Effects of different extracts from Radix isatidis on lymphocytes of mice by biothermodynamics]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2006;31:590-3 pubmed..The comparison of immunological activity among the extracts from Radix Isatidis were as follows: residue after extracting > general extract > nBuOH extract > EtOAc extract > CHCl3 extract > P E extract. ..
- Kong W, Zhu Y, Liang Y, Zhang J, Smith F, Yang M. Uptake of oxytetracycline and its phytotoxicity to alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.). Environ Pollut. 2007;147:187-93 pubmed..Results from the present study suggested that OTC uptake into alfalfa is an energy-dependent process...
- Wang B, Shen J, Zhang W, Zhang F, Neumann G. Citrate exudation from white lupin induced by phosphorus deficiency differs from that induced by aluminum. New Phytol. 2007;176:581-9 pubmed..albus, depending on root zone, developmental stage, P nutritional status and Al stress. These findings are discussed in terms of possible functions and underlying mechanisms. ..
- Chang H, Okada Y, Ma T, Okuyama T, Tu P. Two new coumarin glycosides from Peucedanum praeruptorum. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2008;10:577-81 pubmed publisher..Two new coumarin glycosides, praerosides VI (1) and VII (2), were isolated from the roots of Peucedanum praeruptorum Dunn. Their structures were elucidated by chemical reaction and NMR spectroscopic methods. ..
- Tian C, Wang E, Wu L, Han T, Chen W, Gu C, et al. Rhizobium fabae sp. nov., a bacterium that nodulates Vicia faba. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2008;58:2871-5 pubmed publisher..faba isolates belong to a novel species, for which the name Rhizobium fabae sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain, CCBAU 33202(T) (=LMG 23997(T) =JCM 14381(T)), was isolated from Nanchang...
- Ma Y, He X, Zhang P, Zhang Z, Guo Z, Tai R, et al. Phytotoxicity and biotransformation of La?O? nanoparticles in a terrestrial plant cucumber (Cucumis sativus). Nanotoxicology. 2011;5:743-53 pubmed publisher..The reactions of active NPs at the nano-bio interface should be taken into account when studying the toxicity of dissolvable metal-based nanoparticles...
- Chen S, Luo H, Li Y, Sun Y, Wu Q, Niu Y, et al. 454 EST analysis detects genes putatively involved in ginsenoside biosynthesis in Panax ginseng. Plant Cell Rep. 2011;30:1593-601 pubmed publisher..These 454 ESTs will provide the foundation for further functional genomic research into the traditional herb P. ginseng or its closely related species. ..
- Bai S, Li M, Yao T, Wang H, Zhang Y, Xiao L, et al. Nitric oxide restrain root growth by DNA damage induced cell cycle arrest in Arabidopsis thaliana. Nitric Oxide. 2012;26:54-60 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that NO restrain root growth via DNA damage induced cell cycle arrest. ..
- Wan Y, Jasik J, Wang L, Hao H, Volkmann D, Menzel D, et al. The signal transducer NPH3 integrates the phototropin1 photosensor with PIN2-based polar auxin transport in Arabidopsis root phototropism. Plant Cell. 2012;24:551-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BL-induced root phototropism is based on the phot1/NPH3 signaling pathway, which stimulates the shootward auxin flux by modifying the subcellular targeting of PIN2 in the root apex transition zone. ..
- Pei W, Du F, Zhang Y, He T, Ren H. Control of the actin cytoskeleton in root hair development. Plant Sci. 2012;187:10-8 pubmed publisher..At the shank, actin cables are produced by formin and villin. Under the complicated interaction, the actin cytoskeleton is controlled spatially and temporally during root hair development. ..
- Zhu J, Zhang L, Li W, Han S, Yang W, Qi L. Reference gene selection for quantitative real-time PCR normalization in Caragana intermedia under different abiotic stress conditions. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53196 pubmed publisher..intermedia under different abiotic stress conditions, and will benefit future studies on gene expression in C. intermedia and other species of the leguminous genus Caragana...
- Yuan L, Gu R, Xuan Y, Smith Valle E, Loque D, Frommer W, et al. Allosteric regulation of transport activity by heterotrimerization of Arabidopsis ammonium transporter complexes in vivo. Plant Cell. 2013;25:974-84 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates in planta a regulatory role in transport activity of heterooligomerization of transporter isoforms, which may enhance their versatility for signal exchange in response to environmental triggers. ..
- Xiao C. Effect of different water supply on morphology, growth and physiological characteristics of Salix psammophila seedlings in Maowusu sandland, China. J Environ Sci (China). 2001;13:411-7 pubmed..The seedlings that grown under rich water supply did by their fast growth and relatively high investments in branch and leaf growth in order to improve the power of capturing light energy for higher photosynthesis...
- Ren D, Du G, Zhang J. Inhibitory effect of the water-soluble extract of Salvia miltiorrhiza on neutrophil-endothelial adhesion. Jpn J Pharmacol. 2002;90:276-80 pubmed..These results indicated that the WSE of Salvia miltiorrhiza inhibited neutrophil-endothelial adhesion. The action mechanism of the WSE of Salvia miltiorrhiza was partly related to suppressing the expression of adhesion molecules. ..
- Wei J, Cheng H, Li K, Ding W, Xu Z, Chu Q. [Study on organogenesis and dry substance accumulation of Bupleurum Chinense]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2003;26:469-71 pubmed..Management methods and planting technologies of B. chinense should be mapped out according to the different characteristics of its three key growing stages. ..
- Liu Y, Zhang C, Li L, Xiao Y. [Studies on chemical constituents in roots of Heracleum rapula]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2006;31:309-11 pubmed..Compounds VI, VII, VIII, IX were isolated from this plant for the first time. ..
- Miao J, Sun J, Liu D, Li B, Zhang A, Li Z, et al. Characterization of the promoter of phosphate transporter TaPHT1.2 differentially expressed in wheat varieties. J Genet Genomics. 2009;36:455-66 pubmed publisher..2-D1 promoters of Xiaoyan 54 and Jing 411, and this SNP does not exist within the Pi-starvation responsive elements, the differential expression of TaPHT1.2 in Xiaoyan 54 and Jing 411 may not be caused by this SNP. ..